PDA

View Full Version : E3: Deus Ex Community Interview (Audio)

Jerion
16th Jun 2013, 21:27
Here we have the audio recording from our interview with James Wright and JF Dugas at E3! Bit of warning, E3 was really loud so there is a lot of background noise but it should all be audible.

https://soundcloud.com/johnfrench/e3-2013-deus-ex-community

Photos coming tomorrow!

MasterTaffer
16th Jun 2013, 21:30
That $60 was worth it for the audio recorder.

-Neon-
17th Jun 2013, 03:21
"Very interesting question."
"Very interesting question!"
-everyone bursts into cackles-

Loving this so far.

MasterTaffer
17th Jun 2013, 03:35
It definitely was a high energy Q&A. We all had a lot of fun doing it.

CyberP
17th Jun 2013, 05:30
Give it a chance? Sorry, but it's not Deus Ex.
You also do not need to take to the mobile market to stay afloat.

Good interview guys. Expecting more confrontation and fire/heated discussion, but it was enough.

Am I being unreasonable here? Unreasonable in believing they have sold out Deus Ex?
The industry has mostly become a steaming pile of ****.

Jerion
17th Jun 2013, 13:22
Am I being unreasonable here?

Yep. :)

Spyhopping
17th Jun 2013, 19:22
Very good! It was nice to listen to it again. It was a fun discussion and they were good sports. Great job on the edit Jerion.

Good interview guys. Expecting more confrontation and fire/heated discussion, but it was enough.

Am I being unreasonable here? Unreasonable in believing they have sold out Deus Ex?
The industry has mostly become a steaming pile of ****.

Ahhh CyberP. Yes, I do think it's quite unreasonable to strike the game off before you've had a chance to try it. An uninformed opinion holds less weight, don't you think? I would also disagree with your assumption that the industry is a steaming pile of you know what: we saw some very exciting, interesting and original presentations at E3 when we weren't engaged with EM-related stuff.

As for the former comment that I've quoted here, cheers. I think we felt inclined to tone down the heated discussion to make it more professional. That and it was in the morning. They had sat us in an interview room especially for it, so they set things up very nicely indeed. It was fantastic. If you like more heated discussions you should have heard the talks we had after drinks on Thursday, which have been referred to repeatedly already. It was all in good nature, but it was an hour and a half long intense grilling! I was so engaged in the discussion that when it ended I realised that I was absolutely freezing cold. LA is chilly at night!!

CyberP
17th Jun 2013, 19:57
Ahhh CyberP. Yes, I do think it's quite unreasonable to strike the game off before you've had a chance to try it. An uninformed opinion holds less weight, don't you think?

Most certainly, but enough has been revealed to get a solid idea of what to expect except for the story....

I would also disagree with your assumption that the industry is a steaming pile of you know what: we saw some very exciting, interesting and original presentations at E3 when we weren't engaged with EM-related stuff.

"when we weren't engaged with EM-related stuff"

Excellent choice of words ;)

Yeah there was some cool stuff shown at E3. I did say it was mostly a steaming....

I think we felt inclid to tone down the heated discussion to make it more professional.

What for? You on EM's payroll?
Heh, nah it's understandable that you took that approach, respectable.

Edit: I just wish I could have heard your private talks or been there myself.

sonicsidewinder
19th Jun 2013, 16:56
I listened to this the other day. Was absolutely howling off the mention of "Party Babyz".

Spyhopping
19th Jun 2013, 17:12
"when we weren't engaged with EM-related stuff"

Excellent choice of words ;)

Haha, oh dear. You know what I mean!