PDA

View Full Version : Director's cut on PC

Shadowofzara
11th Jun 2013, 23:09
So...what do PC users use for a touchscreen device? Do we specifically need a touchscreen monitor?

-Neon-
11th Jun 2013, 23:35
SmartGlass.

Shadowofzara
11th Jun 2013, 23:44
So...forgive my touch screen noobishness, but wtf is smartglass?

CyberP
12th Jun 2013, 01:18
So...forgive my touch screen noobishness, but wtf is smartglass?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_SmartGlass

Basically a waste of time. Typical for M$ in recent years. Probably so they can data mine from your phone also ;)

Count D
12th Jun 2013, 04:37
Can we have it without the touchscreen nonsense?

HERESY
12th Jun 2013, 04:45
Can we have it without the touchscreen nonsense?

I'm pretty sure touchscreen is not required.

PegasusOrgans
12th Jun 2013, 05:17
Thank you for the shiny new DLC! Now if you can just release the fall for Android or a handheld game system I'll be good ;)

CyberP
12th Jun 2013, 05:50
I'd wager it wil be a $60 full release, no DLC ;)

neonfish
12th Jun 2013, 07:33
I love this information.

USER47
12th Jun 2013, 08:39
This is great news, especially remade bossfights as described in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkCQzF75s0

I just wonder, one of the things that bothered me in the original game were those cutscenes - mainly their low resolution and relative darkness compared to the rest of the game. Could anyone from EM clarify if this aspect is changed in director's cut? It certainly can't be such a problem to ship it with higher resolution videos, I guess they weren't originally rendered in subHD res...

68_pie
12th Jun 2013, 11:11
Anyone else feeling rather cynical about this?

1) Say it isn't coming to PC and everyone is annoyed
2) Say you have changed your mind and it is coming to PC
3) We are so grateful that they are "listening" (lol) that we are happy to pay for it when if they had just announced it for PC in the first place we would have refused to spend money on it.

USER47
12th Jun 2013, 11:32
Well, of course it is typical PR dance, but I wouldn't mind spending some cash even if they announced if for the PC from the start:).

By the way, new video with remade bossfight, and also some Fall footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9MF2_XqF81g

The hacking/stealth approach seems to be quite easy, but it is problem of the whole game, caused by lack of resource management when playing this way. If you had to spend lockpicks on ventilations and doors, or multitools on electronic systems, the game would be far more balanced. Currently you are just encouraged to use each and every one of those ventilation shafts and hack every terminal you can find, because it doesn't cost anything, even gives XP, and it's easiest and safest approach. But that's probably rant for different thread...

Tverdyj
12th Jun 2013, 14:18

3) We are so grateful that they are "listening" (lol) that we are happy to pay for it when if they had just announced it for PC in the first place we would have refused to spend money on it.

it's veery similar to the Highlightinn outrage pre-release.

68_pie
12th Jun 2013, 14:26
9MF2_XqF81g

The WiiU version looks better than the PC version

lol

We listen to the fans

Double lol

CyberP
12th Jun 2013, 14:37
The Developer (Amile) or whatever he is called it Deuce Ex....facepalm. I'm jumping ship shortly, this is all too depressing, backwards.

Kamikave
12th Jun 2013, 16:11

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but they never said it was a Wii U exclusive. However, they never said otherwise either, so we assumed it was.
Now, I'm glad they did listen to our whining, but what I dislike the most in all this is their silence, lack of communication, before the E3.
Maybe they couldn't talk about it, but then all they had to say was "We can't talk about it, but we're listening." End of story.
So even though I would have bought the director's cut on PC (for a fair price), I can't forgive the fact that they ignored us for months, to just say now "by the way, we heard you." I just don't like that attitude. I guess I'll wait for a Steam promotion now.

TheYouthCounselor
12th Jun 2013, 17:11
The Developer (Amile) or whatever he is called it Deuce Ex....facepalm. I'm jumping ship shortly, this is all too depressing, backwards.

Oh give him a break, he's French, and working on an English game with a Latin title. At least the Deus Ex team recognized the importance of legacy voice actors as an assurance, which is something other French and French Canadian game developers don't realize.

Caradoc
12th Jun 2013, 17:23
I'm glad to hear this news bit. I always dreamed of improved Goty edition. I even posted about it on these forums. I'm extremly glad that they decided to release it to all platforms.

If we get:

-Better balance, like how the game distributes experience and how enjoyable various paths are.
-Better AI means more enjoyable combat/stealth gameplay.
-better boss fights. Nuff said.
-Missing link part of main campaign finally!
-Better visuals..heh can't complain about this :)

I'm a happy camper.

Maybe this wasn't their orginal intention, but after the recent gigicantic dissapointment (dx: the fall mobile game), I welcome this goty edition with open arms.

I do hope that existing dx hr owners get this either free or with some discount.

Doom972
12th Jun 2013, 20:02
The big question now is how they are doing to distribute it. Hopefully they'll just patch it in for existing owners - like decent developers do (CDPR). If they'll expect us to buy it at full price I won't buy it. If it's DLC, I'll probably get it when it goes on a 75% sale on Steam.

HERESY
12th Jun 2013, 20:06
So the wii u controller DOES pop up on screen?

facepalm....

-Neon-
12th Jun 2013, 22:40
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but they never said it was a Wii U exclusive. However, they never said otherwise either, so we assumed it was.
Now, I'm glad they did listen to our whining, but what I dislike the most in all this is their silence, lack of communication, before the E3.
Maybe they couldn't talk about it, but then all they had to say was "We can't talk about it, but we're listening." End of story.
So even though I would have bought the director's cut on PC (for a fair price), I can't forgive the fact that they ignored us for months, to just say now "by the way, we heard you." I just don't like that attitude. I guess I'll wait for a Steam promotion now.

They said they had no plans to port it to any other consoles or the PC. I think with the announcement of The Fall and the previous backlash, they decided it was in their best interests to change their mind about it.

CyberP
12th Jun 2013, 22:51
So the wii u controller DOES pop up on screen?

facepalm....

Surely they were just showcasing what is on the Wii Screen at any given time and it does NOT? Or am I missing something?

Oh give him a break, he's French, and working on an English game with a Latin title. At least the Deus Ex team recognized the importance of legacy voice actors as an assurance, which is something other French and French Canadian game developers don't realize.

http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/there-are-no-brakes-on-the-rape-train.jpg

Breaks. They don't give Deus Ex a break, they are milking it dry with no remorse or respect!

HERESY
13th Jun 2013, 02:25
Surely they were just showcasing what is on the Wii Screen at any given time and it does NOT? Or am I missing something?

http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/there-are-no-brakes-on-the-rape-train.jpg

Breaks. They don't give Deus Ex a break, they are milking it dry with no remorse or respect!

Well, it moves in the same directions as Adam and when the little wii u controller popped up with the arrow the bigger controller shows up in the center. That thing is part of the game. Who the hell wants to play the game with a wii u controller on the left of the screen? When they originally showed the DC I had questions about it and thought it was just there to highlight the fact that it was wii u, like a marketing plug or something, but now I see it's a part of the game.

Not good.

-Neon-
13th Jun 2013, 17:20
I highly doubt they'll have the Wii U controller or a tablet or anything in the game. It's probably just to show you how it would look in your hand, since it would be kind of weird to show a gameplay trailer, and then cut to real life to show how it looks in the Wii U pad.
If you prefer to play without a tablet or whatever on the other consoles/PC, they'll probably have an option to keep hud items onscreen, like in the original version.

HERESY
14th Jun 2013, 04:27
Can anyone who has played the DC confirm? Is the wii u controller present on the screen, as shown in the most recent gameplay vid, or was it for demo purposes?

Psychomorph
15th Jun 2013, 02:02
I was extremely excited when I heard that the Director's Cut is coming to the PC. I was so hoping for it. I'd pay full price.

Aside things that people complained about there are some wishes I always wanted to see in DX3:

1) Usually console ports have narrow FOV and way to large weapons. If a PC version allows you to widen the FOV it also naturally increases the distance the gun has to the "face", which was always a double win for me.
With DX3 fortunately the weapon positions were, in my opinion, pretty good, but widening the FOV made them way to small and too low positioned. I am asking if it was possible to somehow keep the nice weapon postures in the first person even if using a wide field of view.

2) I personally hated the whole 3rd person ordeal and sticked to 1st person as much as it was possible, but a big letdown was the fact how cut short the 1st person movement mechanics were. I would love to have a walk mode, because going crouched all the time if you wish to be slower, or aiming guns to walk feels so wrong. I love to move slow paced and immerse myself into a such a great game as DX3. Please.

3) In addition to point 2. I craved for leaning in DX3, I craved for it so much., it made me depressed. Please can you add leaning?

4) I love it how some games, such as Dishonored, or the new Thief have a climbing ability. It would make DX3 feel and works so much more natural if there was a climb feature. I'm talking about an aesthetical experience basically. So if you'd stand in front of a chest high box, hitting the jump key would not make you jump up and on it, which is ridiculous, but instead climb on the object.
If nothing in front of you, the jump key would keep the jumping ability (jumping over gaps), but if you jump onto an edge, than when reaching it Adam would grab it and pull himself up. That would improve the agility experience in the game so much.

Thanks for bringing the DC to PC, but please consider the suggestions.

CyberP
15th Jun 2013, 05:09
FOV mod is not worth their time.

There already is a walk key on PC.

Dedicated 1st person leaning button for both PC and Consoles would be nice. To fit it on the console pad make it the same button as sprint OnHold (LB, L1), then use the left stick for leaning in the direction. And obviously right stick for aiming. Perfect setup.

Mantling would be cool but it's unnecessary really, though i'd still like it. I Like mantling but in most games it's far too contextual and inconsistent. It suited Thief & System Shock 2 because back then the majority of brushes were square. Now we have invisible walls, too many non-solid objects, complex geometry and all sorts.

Dishonored for all it's flaws had perfect mantling. It's a one of a kind.

Psychomorph
6th Jul 2013, 03:50
FOV mod is not worth their time.

It is.

The fact that the first person weapon position was screwed up buy the last minute implementation of the FOV adjustment is the reason why developers usually don't do these things. Eidos Montreal still decided to risk and do that and many of the PC gamers were very very thankful for that. The Director's Cut is simply the logical chance to fix that little issue.

There already is a walk key on PC.

Indeed and I love the fact that you are given the choice to either hold to walk or toggle. I just checked the game and noticed that there is the "walk/run toggle", but the hold key is "walk" only. I'd like if both were actually "walk/run toggle" and "walk/run hold".
Means; if you toggle to walk with the "walk/run toggle" key, you'd be able to hold the "walk/run hold" key to temporarily run and then walk on release. The way it works right now is only vice versa, namely if you run by default you can hold key to walk temporarily and then run again on release. It should work both ways however.

As for my point. What I actually asked for is a sneak key! The run in DX3 is quite fast paced and the walk is actually dynamic, which fits the situation perfectly if you need to scan an area quickly with your gun at the ready, but don't want to run into walls and furniture all the time with the run movement (which I really hate), so if you really need to sneak, you would use the sneak key. Think about if you need to follow or stalk someone, you need to use stagger movement, hold forward button and release to not run into the person you're following. Hold, release, hold, release... I hate that (I know the controller thumb stick has an edge over the keyboard here, but movement can to be optimized for the keyboard very good). You may crouch to slow down further, but it feels so wrong and frustrating (immersion breaking) if I need to hug the ground each time I want to be slow paced. Nobody would need to use the the sneak key, it would be fully optional.
To cut short on keys, holding the "walk/run toggle" key may do the slow sneak movement, while would keep toggling the walk and run if merely pressed. This could be an option you could activate in the controls menu (at the bottom of the keys setup list). If it does not work for you, then just keep it deactivated and simply use a separate "sneak key".

Another thing I noticed, If you run out of energy/stamina, the sprint stops abruptly, which feels a bit awkward and interrupting. I'd love if the sprint would fade out quickly but smoothly. Think about the situation where you need to sprint for cover, you know you're about to get dry on stamina, but still need to get that cover. Right now if you run out of stamina you just slow down instantly and abruptly, which might get you spotted, but if it fades out into run/walk smoothly, you might still get behind the cover that last bit before going fully slow. That would have a positive effect on both, the feel and gameplay.
I am aware, that the default movement is always meant to be the run, which is fast enough for the snap out of sprint not to be noticeable that much, but for any slower movement it's harsh. Just add a little bit of inertia. The faster the movement is after the sprint (run would be the fastest), the less noticeable this inertia would be, but for any slower movement it would make the experience smoother and more enjoyable.

I noticed that the movement speeds have no effect on the cover system. Now I hope I'll never need to use it in the DC, but if so than it would be nice if it was coherent with the 1st person movement speeds. I understand that this might get tricky as the cover system has body animations that need to be tweaked, but if it is not that difficult to do, I'm sure everybody would appreciate that.

Dedicated 1st person leaning button for both PC and Consoles would be nice. To fit it on the console pad make it the same button as sprint OnHold (LB, L1), then use the left stick for leaning in the direction. And obviously right stick for aiming. Perfect setup.

Not sure if the sprint key would be the best way, but I agree, a key + stick combo would be probably the way to go on the console.

On the PC you could eventually borrow the system from Thief 4. A single contextual button that is pressed to lean sideways and forward. For instance, if you're standing in front of a pole, look past the left edge and use the lean key and you lean out to the left. Look past the right side of the pole and you lean out to the right. If you are standing at a balcony right in front of the railing, you would lean forward (lean forward is such awesome feature in original Thief games and adds a great deal of an option to track unaware people from a higher plane).
Furthermore! If you are actually crouching behind the railing, using the lean would raise your head slightly and let you peek over the railing. Would be awesome. Also! What if the balcony has no railing at all? You could crouch down and look at the edge of the platform you are standing on and use the lean key to lean forward.

This may go a bit too deep into the substance, a simple lean is all I am asking for, but such advanced leaning abilities would enrich the 1st person gameplay so infinitely much, I believe.

Mantling would be cool but it's unnecessary really, though i'd still like it. I Like mantling but in most games it's far too contextual and inconsistent. It suited Thief & System Shock 2 because back then the majority of brushes were square/rectangles. Now we have invisible walls, too many static objects, complex geometry and all sorts.

Since there are no body animations in the first person, it really should be a quick programming thing. May be a problem testing it at every spot in the entire game, but treat it a bit like higher than usual jumping, either you get on the object or not, climbing would merely be an extended jump technically, but slower performed and producing less noise I guess.

Forgot to mention. I hope the mouse sensitivity settings can be worked on a little bit. Can't really configure the mouse sensitivity beyond 450dpi with my mouse. If I go with 1150dpi (my mouse has weird steps, but that is irrelevant, many use even more dpi by default, such as 1800dpi), than either I put the sensitivity to step zero and it is too slow, or to step one and it is too fast. Give us more range of slower mouse sensitivities for higher dpi mice. Think about Half-Life 2, you have such a wide range of sensitivities, that you can use whatever dpi you want.

CyberP
6th Jul 2013, 05:05
All extremely minor, barely relevant concerns. Definitely a Taffer ;)

Since there are no body animations in the first person, it really should be a quick programming thing. May be a problem testing it at every spot in the entire game, but treat it a bit like higher than usual jumping, either you get on the object or not, climbing would merely be an extended jump technically, but slower performed and producing less noise I guess.

Sorry, it's Eidos Montreal. Mantling would surely be in third person :lol:

Not sure if the sprint key would be the best way, but I agree, a key + stick combo would be probably the way to go on the console.

I thought it over, sprint would be the only suitable button for many reasons as long as the two functions never conflict, which is as easy as a single if/else statement.
It's either that or removing the cover button and re-arranging the layout, which wouldn't be a bad idea either.

but don't want to run into walls and furniture all the time with the run movement (which I really hate), so if you really need to sneak, you would use the sneak key

Who runs into walls and objects all the time? Not me.

FrankCSIS
6th Jul 2013, 05:54
Another thing I noticed, If you run out of energy/stamina, the sprint stops abruptly, which feels a bit awkward and interrupting. I'd love if the sprint would fade out quickly but smoothly.

Didn't quite catch the rest of the convo, but I've got to agree with this. Being a runner, this much annoys me in games, and it's such an easy fix. No one ever abruptly stops sprinting, no matter how much out of breath they are.

nsf001
6th Jul 2013, 06:54
A millitary augmented guy cannot sprint more than 30 seconds....that's....:(

CyberP
6th Jul 2013, 09:03
That's balance. Some immersion and realism has to be sacrificed, unless the devs could come up up with a technical reason why you can only sprint in short bursts.

Lets have a look:

Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis

Info: The Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis replaces a person's organic limbs with enhanced-function mechanical substitutes. On a basic level, these grant the user the ability to reach greater heights while jumping. Additional functionalities, including enhanced jump range, greater sprint speed, and the ability to move without audible detection, become possible as familiarity with the augmentation increases.
The Hermes 2027 Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis is an augmented artificial limb built on a framework of advanced polymers and lightweight metals. In place of an organic musculature, these augmentations utilize 'myomers'-bunches of electro-stimulated plastic cables that mimic the actions of muscle tissues, but to a greatly strengthened degree. In combination with tiny motors and shock-absorbing liquid polymer buffers, these cyberlimbs are capable of far exceeding human physical attributes.

Implanted Rebreather

Info: Concealed in the chest cavity, this augmentation activates in the presence of airborne toxins such as tear gas or aerosol poisons, rendering them ineffective. It cannot reduce damage from airborne radioactive contaminants or particle energy effects, however.
Secondary functionality gives people equipped with the Rebreather augmentation an additional 'reservoir' of oxygen in the bloodstream, allowing them to surpass the normal limits of fatigue associated with sustained sprinting.

Not bad, EM. One thing I did like was the LGS-worthy inventory/aug descriptions. Gameplay wins here, as some form of limitation of sprint is a necessity, especially when you can upgrade the speed. However this info is not strictly incorrect, we can say Jensen just regulates his bursts of sprint ;) the bar recharges inhumanely fast so that does allow one to "surpass the normal limits of fatigue associated with sustained sprinting" in the long run. I'll never stop running...in short bursts ;)
It could have been somewhat more realistic whilst maintain gameplay balance but I am happy with sprinting as a whole.
Regulated sprinting also would counter claims of a need for a out of breath period ;)
But I am just making up character details here, excuses. The more fleshed-out in-game the better, hopefully EM have what it takes for perfection.

El_Bel
6th Jul 2013, 11:29
Things we didn't see.

1) Barrett posing any threat while you hack the computers.
2) What would happen if he left the turret to the middle of the room. Would Barrett try to destroy it?

Looks like the fight became piss easy.

That's balance. Some immersion and realism has to be sacrificed, unless the devs could come up up with a technical reason why you can only sprint in short bursts.

No that's not balance. The game could be balanced the other way around (something I told you about GMDX) The game (the enemies for example) could be designed around a guy who can sprint indefinitely. You could have more powerful enemies instead of a depowered player.

Psychomorph
6th Jul 2013, 17:47
All extremely minor, barely relevant concerns. Definitely a Taffer ;)

Who runs into walls and objects all the time? Not me.

I don't know how you experience your games, but for me these things are important. Running into walls was more of an expressive example. I don't run into walls, but I hate to use fast paced movement in a stagger fashion in close and tight spaces. I love it to move slow but smooth through the area and observe every detail in the world, just like I do in real life. If I need to get quickly from A to B, or evade enemy fire in combat, than I run and sprint. That might be the reason why I love games that have slow movement by default and the fast pace as tactical options (oldschool Rainbow Six for instance). Deus Ex 3 is not a game that you beat, but experience, so I have hard times to understand why people are Okay playing it in Quake mode.
To each its own I guess, but I'd like to have slower paced movement options for a better and smoother gaming experience.

A millitary augmented guy cannot sprint more than 30 seconds....that's....:(

Agreed, that's pretty silly, but I got so used to accept compromises and things like that in games, that I barely notice the flaws if this. But if you really think about that, it's absurd.

A conceptual solution may be energy distribution. If you sprint, it takes more energy that can be applied at a time and weakens the protective augmentations (shield and cloak), so you end up more vulnerable and visible. AI should then be good with aim and shoot you if you think you you can dodge bullets (as it is unlikely in real life, bullets are faster than you no matter how fast you sprint) and since you're weakened you'd die faster when sprinting.
So it would come down to tactical thinking. If escaping is all you need than you should not be handicapped by a few seconds short sprint, but if you're under fire, you'd be suppressed by enemies enough to not do such silly moves and would be forced into proper defensive behavior. I'd love that kind of gameplay.

Also, as discussed above, the sprint may have inertia to it as a feature, so it would not be usable effectively in tight environments, or slim catwalks (unless you just sprint forward). Don't know, but there may be interesting ways to balance things.

Things we didn't see.

1) Barrett posing any threat while you hack the computers.
2) What would happen if he left the turret to the middle of the room. Would Barrett try to destroy it?

Looks like the fight became piss easy.

You won't defeat a Grizzly hand to hand, but have an easy game shooting it in the neck from behind. All things are relative and if you're smart enough to find the best tactical solution, then thou shalt be rewarded with an easy victory. I love that.

CyberP
6th Jul 2013, 19:25
No that's not balance. The game could be balanced the other way around (something I told you about GMDX)

So it's not balance but it could be balanced the other way around? :rolleyes:

The AI is fine for the most part, at least in combat anyway. Stealth is too easy but that's mostly down to the third person cam.
And no, infinite sprint is just bad, especially with the option to upgrade the speed and many close quarters levels. Sprint around a corner and you're gone, out of their line of sight.
Combined with cloak or silent sprint it would be exceptionally bad.

You're right in saying the game could have been designed around infinite sprint but I'm not sure why you would want that.

Deus Ex 3 is not a game that you beat, but experience, so I have hard times to understand why people are Okay playing it in Quake mode.

Who said anything about Quake mode? Between the shooting there is exploring, socializing, hacking, platforming, stealth if you really want to etc. Combat is the superior playstyle for HR, there is no point in sneaking as it's easy as pie without self-imposed restrictions. not to mention one of the primary stealth tools is a cut to third person I win button, though granted the battery makes "I win" an exaggeration.

Psychomorph
11th Jul 2013, 01:00
The fact that the first person weapon position was screwed up buy the last minute implementation of the FOV adjustment is the reason why developers usually don't do these things. Eidos Montreal still decided to risk and do that and many of the PC gamers were very very thankful for that. The Director's Cut is simply the logical chance to fix that little issue.

Hold on there for a second. I tested the lowest FOV (75) and the weapons are too big actually and too high. FOV 90 looks best, because the weapons are moved slightly to the front and lower. FOV 100 (which I use) has the weapons a bit too low and too small on screen.
I guess it's a dilemma that can't be solved. If so than leave it as it is. I personally rather have weapons smaller and lower than those giant cut off arms bricks like low FOV console games have it all the time. :hmm:

Leonick
13th Jul 2013, 20:54
SmartGlass.

SmartGlass can be run on a PC but SmartGlass only connects to Xbox 360 and, in the future, Xbox One, so the can't use SmartGlass for PC. I fear we might just miss out on those features.

It's not exactly hard to see why Ubisoft and EA are simply doing their own apps for tablets rather than using SmartGlass or Vita and such, not only can the app do a lot more but they get to have one app (across a few platforms probably though) that connect to the game no matter the platform it's on rather than working with a bunch of different technologies.

Doom972
14th Jul 2013, 00:51
SmartGlass can be run on a PC but SmartGlass only connects to Xbox 360 and, in the future, Xbox One, so the can't use SmartGlass for PC. I fear we might just miss out on those features.

It's not exactly hard to see why Ubisoft and EA are simply doing their own apps for tablets rather than using SmartGlass or Vita and such, not only can the app do a lot more but they get to have one app (across a few platforms probably though) that connect to the game no matter the platform it's on rather than working with a bunch of different technologies.

Too bad developers these days don't make full use of the keyboard instead of focusing on those touch-screen devices. Wouldn't it be awesome if the hacking minigame had the player using a command line (simplified, of course) instead of a point and click game?

CyberP
14th Jul 2013, 01:12
Too bad developers these days don't make full use of the keyboard instead of focusing on those touch-screen devices. Wouldn't it be awesome if the hacking minigame had the player using a command line (simplified, of course) instead of a point and click game?

Something like VTM:B you mean? Deus Ex (and Human Revolution) made use of almost the whole keyboard for one form of hacking (snooping passwords and accessing accounts). Though it pisses me off when I play DX with my console pad on PC having to stop & focus on the keyboard for a sec, I wouldn't have it any other way. Never.
I was pissed when the next gen consoles were revealed and neither had new buttons except for a darn touchpad. I long for a pad with just a few more buttons and a touch more precision. Objectively superior to M+K for gaming it would be.