PDA

View Full Version : Please release Deus Ex: The Fall on PC, PSN, and XBLA!

Galeforce99
5th Jun 2013, 18:53
Hello, I don't know if anyone from the actual community, development team, or any of the decision makers will read this or give it any attention, but I would like to state that I signed up to theses forums to post this message.

As it can be seen pretty much everywhere on the internet, reactions to the reveal of Deus Ex: The Fall have been far from positive. The problem seems to mostly be on the system chosen for the game, in other words iOS devices.

I'd like to state that I greatly question your decisions in doing this. I do not understand it as it seems to be ignorant of who your audience actually is. It worries me greatly to see the reactions that have resulted of this announcement. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was one of the best games of this generation. It did mostly everything right and has earned some well deserved acclaim for Eidos Montreal. I'm worried that such a talented developer might lose all of that good will due to some poor decision making by higher ups and go the way of so many other developers this generation.

As I have stated earlier, the problem that so many seen to have with this announcement, myself included, is the exclusivity to iOS devices. While I won't pretend I have any sort of actual numbers to base this on, I still do not believe that the majority of Deus Ex enthusiasts own these devices, neither would they be willing to purchase some for this game. I also do not believe it will attract many new players to the series, as it is not in line with the types of games that become highly successful on those devices.

So I ask you, why deny so many of those who would actually love to play this game and be willing to buy it? Why push away so many potential customers?I truly believe it would be in the best interest of everyone to not limit the accessibility of this title simply to iOS device owners. I implore you, please make this title available on other systems. If it would be also made available for Android, PC (Steam), PSN, and XBLA, I guarantee these negative reactions would have never happened.

Please, do the right thing! Do it for yourselves, and for Deus Ex fans everywhere. Thank you for your time.

Snake04
5th Jun 2013, 19:19
I don't want it, I don't want anything from these people anymore. They will just disappoint us.

MitsumeDori
5th Jun 2013, 19:22
I agree this was a bomb of an announcement... Guess I won't be playing the directors cut on the wii u OR "The Fall" ever because I don't own an Iphone or Ipad. (android user phone/tablet) Please tell me you're going to port this as DLC to the PC/consoles? Maybe I'm wrong but is there really a large market for FPS's on phones and touchpads? If you're looking for a portable device with actual controls what about the PlayStation Vita???? :mad2: This game would be perfect on that. This really seems like a joke the platforms you're putting Dues Ex on... Now this might sound like a bashing and it has nothing to do with the game... I saw what you showed in the video and I WANT IT! Hell throwing money at the screen now but not toward an Ipad.. That's all I got to say for now...

I never asked for this....

zocom7
5th Jun 2013, 19:27
I agree with the statement, big time. But I also would want the Director's Cut and Mod SDK as well (as DLC).

nexusdx
5th Jun 2013, 19:34
please shut down the studio

MitsumeDori
5th Jun 2013, 19:36
please shut down the studio No, lets not get that mean... I have nothing against this company I love their games but I can't throw money at them if they are putting their games on stuff I don't own... :flowers: Even If I owned an Ipad you know how fast a 3d game goes through battery life? And the controls will never be that good in a fps on a touch pad...

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 19:59
please shut down the studio

Being upset is one thing but calling for that many people to lose their jobs is kind of petty, sir.

68_pie
5th Jun 2013, 20:04
Being upset is one thing but calling for that many people to lose their jobs is kind of petty, sir.

How about just the person who decided that this was a good idea? :rasp:

Shralla
5th Jun 2013, 20:06
No, please don't. We never wanted it in the first place, it's irrelevant whether it's on a system we can actually play it on.

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 20:07
How about just the person who decided that this was a good idea? :rasp:

In general I don't condone calling for people to get fired over making an unreleased game, sorry. :p

Galeforce99
5th Jun 2013, 20:18
No, please don't. We never wanted it in the first place, it's irrelevant whether it's on a system we can actually play it on.

I think the game actually looks interesting and I would love to play it. I will not do so on a mobile device, not even Android. If they want any money from me, it'll have to be on a system with decent controls.

Snake04
5th Jun 2013, 21:14
I hate it this game really takes the deus ex name and has a great big .... on it, its an insult to the franchise and for eidos montreal to think it was a good idea shame on you. In the time it took you to create this crap you could have created an awesome new deus ex for pc and next gen, but no you idiots had to go do this instead.

Doom972
5th Jun 2013, 21:48
I agree with the OP on everything except wanting it on other systems. I'm fine with not being able to play it because I don't want to.
I'm just disgusted at the treatment they give to the franchise of my favorite game.

Headstriker
7th Jun 2013, 12:54
I agree with the OP on everything except wanting it on other systems. I'm fine with not being able to play it because I don't want to.
I'm just disgusted at the treatment they give to the franchise of my favorite game.

That's it, Deus Ex: HR was a fantastic game and now they come up with this, it's like freeclimbing a mountain then fall off at the last few metres, it's friggin dissapointing.

Berr
7th Jun 2013, 13:07
All you guys saying you don't want to play it at all - you're just not ready for more DX games is that it?

I get the complaint about it being iOS exclusive and the questionable controls that will come with that, but if they brought this to PC it would be more Deus Ex for PC! That is bad how exactly?

Spyhopping
7th Jun 2013, 13:25
In the time it took you to create this crap...

Agh! You haven't played it yet, how do you know it'll be crap?

All you guys saying you don't want to play it at all - you're just not ready for more DX games is that it?

I get the complaint about it being iOS exclusive and the questionable controls that will come with that, but if they brought this to PC it would be more Deus Ex for PC! That is bad how exactly?

I think the argument is that even if it does come to PC the whole idea of a DX game may have been altered because it's designed for a tablet, which is naturally more casual. We've received some reassurance (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-07-deus-ex-the-fall-is-six-hours-long-the-first-of-a-series-and-will-contain-in-app-purchases) about it being a "DX game" though, so I'm currently looking forward to see if that's the case. If so, great! More DX to play with. A whole 6 hours of it.

hyperion86
7th Jun 2013, 13:51
Even if it has been altered for a tablet and has been simplified, it think it would better to play it with a controller or Keyboard; I personally don't like fps games on tablets.

I hope they decide to give it also for PC, PSN and XBLA, that way they expand to new markets (tablets), and still give something to their existing fans..... however seeing as they do not intend to give the much-wanted fixes of the Directors Cut to PC/PS3/XBOX, its unlikely that they give the Fall also for these platforms... (although it would definitely be welcome).

AlexOfSpades
7th Jun 2013, 13:57
"Our game will be for tablets."
"But we wanted PC!"
"Okay, we can make it PC"
"No i dont want it anymore waaah"

Come on guys. Well personally i wouldnt complain if it came for PC. But it probably wont happen, they said so.

"There are currently no plans to port The Fall to other devices, though Wright admits it's an interesting idea.

Just because its interesting doesnt mean it will happen.

Doom972
7th Jun 2013, 15:36
"Our game will be for tablets."
"But we wanted PC!"
"Okay, we can make it PC"
"No i dont want it anymore waaah"

Come on guys. Well personally i wouldnt complain if it came for PC. But it probably wont happen, they said so.

Just because its interesting doesnt mean it will happen.

I never asked for this... to be on PC. I would like a real Deus Ex game, but after the Director's Cut and this it's clear that they're just going for shameless money grabs. If it's not possible to bring the franchise back to the level of the first game, then it might as well die as far as I'm concerned. Or at least disappear until someone competent would give it the treatment it deserves.

AlexOfSpades
7th Jun 2013, 15:50
they're just going for shameless money grabs.

Well, i'm trying my best to be optimistic so i see this as "Getting money to fund the next new-gen Deus Ex". Square Enix isnt doing so well as we know.

If it's not possible to bring the franchise back to the level of the first game

Wont happen. Its never going back to the same level of the first game. Deus Ex 1 is a masterpiece, they cant top that. Unless Warren Spector and all the original team comes back and try to fund a new game via Kickstarter. Oh my god, that would be beautiful... Imagine... the original team, making a game that tells us the story of Paul Denton... *-*

But it probably wont happen. Meanwhile we can just close our eyes and pretend "Deus Ex: The Fail" never released, it was all a bad dream, and Deus Ex 4 will be announced in a few years...

vitlus_molten
7th Jun 2013, 21:33
Just want to drop by, and say my opinion:
This kind of game can not possibly be as fun as it could be for PC gaming (FPS games == mouse games)...
And Eidos / Square Enix, you have to see what is going on here, you are dissapointing the core game fans while trying to expand market space.
Is this really worth it?

Reven
7th Jun 2013, 23:04
The market for tablets are not doing so well due to oversaturation I hear tell so expect a PC release schedule by the end of the year at least.

HERESY
8th Jun 2013, 01:25
Just want to drop by, and say my opinion:
This kind of game can not possibly be as fun as it could be for PC gaming (FPS games == mouse games)...
And Eidos / Square Enix, you have to see what is going on here, you are dissapointing the core game fans while trying to expand market space.
Is this really worth it?

Yes it's worth it. Where were the core game fans when the series was dead and in the grave? Playing relics and reminiscing over Ion Storm, Warren Spector and all the others who let the series die off.

AlexOfSpades
8th Jun 2013, 03:28
Yes it's worth it. Where were the core game fans when the series was dead and in the grave? Playing relics and reminiscing over Ion Storm, Warren Spector and all the others who let the series die off.

Actually, they were extensively modding the original game increasing its replayability by an infinite factor and consequently making the game sell up to today. It still sells. A little, but it does. We got DX: Nihilum just a few days ago.

besyuziki
8th Jun 2013, 04:49
I didn't have a chance to play the Nihilum mod, thanks for reminding me. :thumb: And speaking of longevity versus obsolescence, let's not forget that Eidos Montreal and Square Enix deliberately refrained from releasing mod tools (or any other means of facilitating mod making) for Human Revolution as a business decision.

Does introducing as many people as humanly possible to the Deus Ex franchise to create adequate publicity for a sequel (or technically, a prequel) count? Would any publisher dare resurrect a long-dead franchise if it weren't for the "core game fans" who kept playing, modding, recommending and discussing it?

Lmaoboat
8th Jun 2013, 05:10
Does introducing as many people as humanly possible to the Deus Ex franchise to create adequate publicity for a sequel (or technically, a prequel) count? Would any publisher dare resurrect a long-dead franchise if it weren't for the "core game fans" who kept playing, modding, recommending and discussing it?

This is the part I ever get. Why do they even bother reviving franchises when they could make just as much money selling Sammy Applepies' All American Commie Terrorist Slaying Adventure to the same people.

HERESY
8th Jun 2013, 05:49
Does introducing as many people as humanly possible to the Deus Ex franchise to create adequate publicity for a sequel (or technically, a prequel) count?

Please clarify your question, friend.

Would any publisher dare resurrect a long-dead franchise if it weren't for the "core game fans" who kept playing, modding, recommending and discussing it?

Absolutely. Syndicate and Xcom weren't on anyone's map. There were probably like 10 people combined still playing those games and no one (media outlets and the majority of gamers) talked about them before the reboot. The same can probably be said for Wolfenstein. You ever see a lot of articles on any major site or forum really calling for a reboot of those games? You see a lot for FF7, you see it for a couple of other titles like Darkstalkers, but you never really saw it for the games I mentioned or DX.

There was no strong cry for a DX reboot. People want to delude themselves into thinking that the pc gamers kept the game alive, but truth be told, they didn't. Ion Storm failed. Spector failed and so did everyone else involved with the game. The people who kept the franchise alive are EM/SE and the console purchasers. I'm sorry but the numbers don't lie. The console outsold the pc game and that's the truth. Moreover, those mods and everything else you talked about? None of that stuff created an instance were the owners of the IP could make money from it and use that revenue to create more DX products.

So you, the PC owners, let the game die. You think you kept it alive with modding, side missions, etc and I commend the modding community for their expertise and creativity, but it takes more than that to keep something alive.

And, this is just my opinion, I believe the attention MASS EFFECT was garnering before it was released led to SE green lighting the reboot. Yes, they already had the IP, but I'm talking about actually doing something with the IP.

Irony
8th Jun 2013, 09:50
If it's technically ANYTHING like the trailer they just released I'd rather they never ever port it to PC...

Kamikave
8th Jun 2013, 12:30
I don't want it, I don't want anything from these people anymore. They will just disappoint us.

I completly agree. I was thinking about trying the next Thief... Not anymore. EM chose to learn the hard way not to ignore their community. Fine by me. Boycott it is.

besyuziki
12th Jun 2013, 11:29
(post)

Typically, any multiplatform game released in this console generation will sell more copies on consoles than PC, so no surprise there. I still say if it weren't for the old Deus Ex fans, the Deus Ex "cult following" if you will, Human Revolution wouldn't be as successful as it has been. And not just on PC, maybe by mentioning mods I gave you that impression, but I also meant those who enjoyed DX on Playstation and even Invisible War on Xbox. People made Deus Ex a relevant franchise. I saw people, including reviewers, mention Deus Ex often, compare it with STALKER, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, even Mass Effect and Borderlands, among other modern-ish games. Maybe not many people directly asked for a sequel, but it was THE gold standard of making a shooter/role playing/crossover/whatever genre you associate it with, it's like people had a silent agreement about how it was the definitive first person RPG with hub exploration. When you gave it as an example, people just understood.

You cannot measure these things with numbers and statistics on a screen.

Tverdyj
12th Jun 2013, 14:36
Please clarify your question, friend.

Absolutely. Syndicate and Xcom weren't on anyone's map. There were probably like 10 people combined still playing those games and no one (media outlets and the majority of gamers) talked about them before the reboot. The same can probably be said for Wolfenstein. You ever see a lot of articles on any major site or forum really calling for a reboot of those games? You see a lot for FF7, you see it for a couple of other titles like Darkstalkers, but you never really saw it for the games I mentioned or DX.

There was no strong cry for a DX reboot. People want to delude themselves into thinking that the pc gamers kept the game alive, but truth be told, they didn't. Ion Storm failed. Spector failed and so did everyone else involved with the game. The people who kept the franchise alive are EM/SE and the console purchasers. I'm sorry but the numbers don't lie. The console outsold the pc game and that's the truth. Moreover, those mods and everything else you talked about? None of that stuff created an instance were the owners of the IP could make money from it and use that revenue to create more DX products.

So you, the PC owners, let the game die. You think you kept it alive with modding, side missions, etc and I commend the modding community for their expertise and creativity, but it takes more than that to keep something alive.

And, this is just my opinion, I believe the attention MASS EFFECT was garnering before it was released led to SE green lighting the reboot. Yes, they already had the IP, but I'm talking about actually doing something with the IP.

Actually, people have been trying to remake Xcom for a very long time. Check out Altar's "UFO: After____" trilogy, as well as UFO: Extraterrestrial 1+2. And then there was Goldhawk Interactive making Xenonauts, which was basically "X-COM with modern graphics". So no, X-COM definitely wasn't dead. 2K firts tried to bring it back as an FPS, which was the point at which one of their employees (I forget if it was a dev or a producer or smth else) uttered the moronic "Strategies just don't sell anymore" (ignoring the fact that 2K published the still blockbuster Civilization series). It was only some time after that, with more fan backlash against an X-COM shooter, that 2K announced that Firaxis was, in fact, making a new X-COM TBS.

Don't know about syndicate, but X-COM was definitely NOT something that was only wistfully remembered by a handful.

HERESY
12th Jun 2013, 18:03
Typically, any multiplatform game released in this console generation will sell more copies on consoles than PC, so no surprise there. I still say if it weren't for the old Deus Ex fans, the Deus Ex "cult following" if you will, Human Revolution wouldn't be as successful as it has been.

It's because consoles (handhelds included) are keeping the industry alive. PC gamers didn't do their duty. they let Ion Storm die and with it DX. It took SE, not the cult following it, to make it rise from the grave. I know for a fact that I never heard of the series until I saw HR. The eight or so people who purchased the game because I told them it was a must buy had never heard of it either.

And not just on PC, maybe by mentioning mods I gave you that impression, but I also meant those who enjoyed DX on Playstation and even Invisible War on Xbox. People made Deus Ex a relevant franchise.

IW is like the red-headed stepchild. People here pretend as if it didn't even exist so it did nothing to further anything. The playstation? How many units were sold on playstation 2?

I saw people, including reviewers, mention Deus Ex often, compare it with STALKER, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, even Mass Effect and Borderlands, among other modern-ish games. Maybe not many people directly asked for a sequel, but it was THE gold standard of making a shooter/role playing/crossover/whatever genre you associate it with, it's like people had a silent agreement about how it was the definitive first person RPG with hub exploration. When you gave it as an example, people just understood.

Yet the franchise was DEAD. That is my point. They mentioned it, they used it as a rubric, but where was the cry and demand for it? Nowhere to be found. You see people crying for a ZOE reboot, FF 7 remake, Darkstalkers remake, Link to the Past remake, etc. Where was the major outcry for DX?

You cannot measure these things with numbers and statistics on a screen.

The bean counters do exactly that.

The numbers don't lie.

Actually, people have been trying to remake Xcom for a very long time. Check out Altar's "UFO: After____" trilogy, as well as UFO: Extraterrestrial 1+2. And then there was Goldhawk Interactive making Xenonauts, which was basically "X-COM with modern graphics". So no, X-COM definitely wasn't dead. 2K firts tried to bring it back as an FPS, which was the point at which one of their employees (I forget if it was a dev or a producer or smth else) uttered the moronic "Strategies just don't sell anymore" (ignoring the fact that 2K published the still blockbuster Civilization series). It was only some time after that, with more fan backlash against an X-COM shooter, that 2K announced that Firaxis was, in fact, making a new X-COM TBS.

Don't know about syndicate, but X-COM was definitely NOT something that was only wistfully remembered by a handful.

What part of media outlets and majority of gamers did you not understand?

hybridex
26th Jun 2013, 18:59
So I ask you, why deny so many of those who would actually love to play this game and be willing to buy it? Why push away so many potential customers?I truly believe it would be in the best interest of everyone to not limit the accessibility of this title simply to iOS device owners. I implore you, please make this title available on other systems. If it would be also made available for Android, PC (Steam), PSN, and XBLA, I guarantee these negative reactions would have never happened.

Please, do the right thing! Do it for yourselves, and for Deus Ex fans everywhere. Thank you for your time.

Here, here.. somebody start collecting signatures, I'm in.. The Fall looks great!
If any bashing, it should be for Human Defiance.. what's with that throwback to the Atari 2600 era??

Shralla
26th Jun 2013, 19:19
Are you... trolling? Human Defiance isn't even real.

CodenameD
28th Jun 2013, 06:08
To port DXTF to PC is possibly like Invisible War all over again: a dumbed down port to PC. :eek:

It's because consoles (handhelds included) are keeping the industry alive. PC gamers didn't do their duty. they let Ion Storm die and with it DX. It took SE, not the cult following it, to make it rise from the grave. I know for a fact that I never heard of the series until I saw HR. The eight or so people who purchased the game because I told them it was a must buy had never heard of it either.

You didn't hear of it because you're either a console gamer (which the original did not prioritize), did not game around the early 2000s or one of those unfortunate folks who never gets to know a good game when it's out. And because you did not even hear the term "Deus Ex" as a video game, chances of you googling up stuffs like "Deus Ex mods" or "Deus Ex Community" were just as void.

Ok so us PC gamers somehow used magic to influence Ion Storm to screw it up? It was our duty to somehow control Ion Storm from the shadows, like the illuminati. :lmao:

And what? The Xbox market back then didn't influence the 2003 Sequel?

Yes, Ion Storm let it die but you must understand Ion Storm was DYING too! Invisible War and Thief: DS were Ion's final games before they closed down and they DID NOT get a chance to "correct" their wrong. (Yes, Warren acknowledges they were wrong (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/09/warren-spector-regrets-listening-to-invisible-war-focus-testers/)).

And by NO MEANS is DXIW responsible for Ion's demise: Ion Storm closed because for some reason all the staffs decided to split ways INCLUDING Warren and Harvey.

Atleast, Warren CREATED the original which earned praise and established the legendary franchise. With all due respect, Jean-Fran├žois Dugas does not hold a candle to him in this area. And then read this. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/03/spector-tried-to-acquire-deus-ex/) You can see the creator were refused the rights to his own creation obviously because some "officials" thought Deus Ex would make for a good cash grab in the future, given it's critical acclaim and legendary status.

IW is like the red-headed stepchild. People here pretend as if it didn't even exist so it did nothing to further anything. The playstation? How many units were sold on playstation 2?

That "red-headed stepchild" is not by any means a bad kid. It just didn't live up to it's family's rep expectation. People like YOU pretend it didn't exist perhaps but throughout all these years, many gamers did not mind that game. There was actually nothing WRONG about that game, typical of all XBOX games back then. IT was just a bad "Deus Ex" attempt.

Playstation 2? Oh come on, please! Deus Ex's home platform was PC and powerful home consoles did not boom back then. DX:The Conspiracy is practically a dumbed down version of the original. OFCOURSE it won't sell as much.

Yet the franchise was DEAD. That is my point. They mentioned it, they used it as a rubric, but where was the cry and demand for it? Nowhere to be found. You see people crying for a ZOE reboot, FF 7 remake, Darkstalkers remake, Link to the Past remake, etc. Where was the major outcry for DX?

Ion Storm pretty much shut down in 2005. Who would the gamers turn to with their outcry? Eidos? Yeah sure they did (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120556) and if you google hard enough you'll find plenty of them.

Konami (ZOE), Square-Enix (FF7), Capcom (Darkstalkers) and Nintendo (LttP) DID NOT die. Ion Storm did. While DX does belong under the SE banner now, it originally did not belong to SE unlike FF series, which was probably Squaresoft's mascot game. SE took over Eidos Interactive to farm and earn from the already reputed franchises in the "west" (relevance to japan) like DX, Hitman and Thief.

The modding community for the original is so diverse that given the financial support they could have enthusiastically made a proper Deus Ex remake. (and they almost did) (http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-reborn).But a fan does not simply release a Deus Ex remake and gets away with it. Heck even the original creator probably couldn't have! (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/03/spector-tried-to-acquire-deus-ex/)

The closest (fan-made) thing to what I conside a full game and in spiritual sync with Deus Ex is The Nameless Mod (http://thenamelessmod.com/).

So basically, we're at Eidos/SE's mercy while THEY listen. And apparently, their listening potential is as good as yours since they pretty much missed out all those "Call for DX Remake" threads littered across the internet or simply didn't care.

At a certain point, we figuired the chances of seeing a DX remake is as good as getting a FF7 one.

Another thing is, you can tell what to expect from devs when you play their games. And Eidos Montreal gave us little reasons to believe that they can pull off a remake, considering the numberous times it took for Human Revolution to be "perfected" (I'm looking at the Ultimate Edition (Mac) and the Ultimate of Ultimates (AKA Director's Cut) Editions).

The bean counters do exactly that.

The numbers don't lie.

You know what SE really did better for DXHR? The Marketing! Since 2007 DXHR was teased and advertised on facebook, twitter, youtube, websites, weblogs and webjournals.

This was all poor Deus Ex 1 got back in it's day. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DAIEBmHtg) And there were no YouTube or Facebook back then. And after Daikatana's then recent disaster with marketing hype, Eidos/Ion Storm did not just risk another marketing hype. That was it: pure and simple! DXHR scores big numbers by marketing. DX1 has always been at this unfair disadvantage.

But I gotta admit, your username is the most befitting sir!

68_pie
28th Jun 2013, 08:37
Pointlessly argues with the person who we are not allowed to call a troll

Mate. Why are you bothering?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jun 2013, 09:47
Avoid getting personal during debate please... infraction bullets really hurt. :hmm:

__

Tweet from EM

Did you know that #DeusEx The Fall won @IGN 's E3 "Best Mobile Game" award?
http://ow.ly/mmSId #E32013

CodenameD
29th Jun 2013, 05:30
Mate. Why are you bothering?

Well, I was bored? :P

hybridex
29th Jun 2013, 19:13
Avoid getting personal during debate please... infraction bullets really hurt. :hmm:

Awww.. too bad you stepped in.. otherwise, it would have been game on.. :D

Oniros
16th Jul 2013, 05:16
In my opinion, The Fall should be released on mobile devices with precise inputs such as the Vita and the 3DS. It looks like it is a good game that is crippled by its platform of choice.

If Eidos Montreal managed to fix the boss battles and other things from DX:HR and re-release it as the Director's Cut a couple of years later. I have faith they'll do the right thing and re-release this on the Vita and 3DS shops hopefully soon.