PDA

View Full Version : Do I need much cash? *no spoilers please*

Aleque
2nd Jun 2013, 17:14
Hi

Here is my character status and questlog:

(character screen) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10484650/de_1.png
(quest log) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10484650/de_2.png

I have chosen do a non-lethal run as my first playthrough. I am stealing, hacking and selling so I can afford praxis points. However, the LIMB clinic is out of praxis points and I can't find any more things to buy (I'm currently back in Detroit).

Because I play non-lethal, I sell all the lethal weapons I find. I have 23.000 credits and I have a feeling that I will complete the game with 30.000 credits on me and that kills my motivation when hacking, searching for loot and selling.

1). How far am I approximately from the completion of the game percent-wise, would you say?
2). What is the best way to find all the shops in current area?
3). Would you recommend to stop earning additional credits?

xaduha2
2nd Jun 2013, 17:40
1). How far am I approximately from the completion of the game percent-wise, would you say?

1) 65-ish, maybe
2) Exploring (if ingame only)
3) Yes

Pinky_Powers
2nd Jun 2013, 17:47
Hi

Here is my character status and questlog:

(character screen) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10484650/de_1.png
(quest log) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10484650/de_2.png

I have chosen do a non-lethal run as my first playthrough. I am stealing, hacking and selling so I can afford praxis points. However, the LIMB clinic is out of praxis points and I can't find any more things to buy (I'm currently back in Detroit).

Because I play non-lethal, I sell all the lethal weapons I find. I have 23.000 credits and I have a feeling that I will complete the game with 30.000 credits on me and that kills my motivation when hacking, searching for loot and selling.

Eidos tried to balance the game so that you could not upgrade your character fully, thus forcing you to choose what sort of build you wanted to go for each play-through. They failed. Between Experience Points and the ability to buy Praxis kits, you will have an abundance of everything.

You're around half-way through if you're back at Detroit. Your second question is stupid; there is only one way and you know it. As for hacking, you'll not miss those XPs. Use passwords whenever you can and Automatic Hack Tools if you have that DLC. Like I said, you're going to have an abundance of XP.

Reading emails is always worth accessing those terminals, however. But there are other methods outside of playing the Hacking Minigame.

Shralla
2nd Jun 2013, 18:39
He's way more than halfway through. He's like 80% done with the game. After that all there is left to do is go back to Hengsha for a hot second and then to Panchaea, unless he works the DLC in between.

You have plenty of cash, don't worry about it.

Aleque
2nd Jun 2013, 19:33
Boy, do I feel rickrolled? I picked hacking and spent so much time hacking every single Data Store at every single terminal I came across. I guess it's the same story with every singleplayer roleplaying game. You upgrade some skills or perks that make you earn more cash and then you suddenly complete the whole game with a ****load of cash in your backpocket. Feels useless in the first place.

Shralla
2nd Jun 2013, 19:45
It's one of the big downfalls of this game. The whole money/XP system is totally broken.

Pinky_Powers
3rd Jun 2013, 03:51
He's way more than halfway through. He's like 80% done with the game. After that all there is left to do is go back to Hengsha for a hot second and then to Panchaea, unless he works the DLC in between.

You have plenty of cash, don't worry about it.

Hangsha has more to it than that if you explore some. And you're forgetting the extensive mission between China and Panchaea. And I'm not talking about The Missing Link. ;)