PDA

View Full Version : few questions about the missions (first area) and good/bad allignment

Aleque
25th May 2013, 17:21
Hi

I am in the first area still. I completed the "shutting off the radar" mission on the top of a gang building and a heli is waiting for me. I have chosen to say "I come back later" in stead of "Let's go" because I want to finish my side quests.

1). If I chose to fly to a new area, will I be able to get back later to the first area, so I can finish my side quests or should I finish them now while I have them?

2). I am trying to stay good (as opposed to evil) but I have received O'Malley's "Cloack and Dagger" quest where he wants me to start a gang war. It seems to be a quest that is just there, that you can't abandon (sort of like in Skyrim). It seems like I can either do it or leave it alone. If I finish this quest, will it have impact later in the game? Will it hurt my "agenda as a good character" in some way?

3). Without spoiling anything, is Deus Ex: HR sort of game that doesn't focus on characters allignment? Is it like Fallout and Skyrim where there is no obvious line between good and evil when making quests?

Thanks in advance

ColBashar
25th May 2013, 22:31
I wouldn't worry about "alignment" Aleque. I've played the game several times, using different playstyles and I never noticed a substantial difference in terms of the ending. My advice would be to play through the game and see the ending you get, then watch the others on YouTube. There's different voice overs depending on your choices in the game but I didn't find it significant and certainly not worth a second playthough to experience. I don't think anybody plays Human Revolution for the ending but for the experience of getting there.

Where your choices really come in to play are in NPC interactions. Depending on whether or not you choose to be lethal or non-lethal, stealthy or overt, or what choices you make in some instances, characters might have different things to say to you. This is mostly cosmetic in that it won't affect your gameplay, just alter the atmosphere a little bit. There are a few instances though where your choices do have an impact later on but these are often manifested in rewards, i.e. if you please a certain character or do a mission for them they'll give you something later on down the road.

Overall my advice would be to just focus on playing the character that you want to play. Shape Jensen however you like. Then, when you've completed the game, you can play it again some time with a different playstyle and making different choices. That will give you an opportunity to see all the little changes. There aren't really any major choices that will affect your overall experience, though.

And I would suggest completing all the side quests that you want -before- moving to a new map. While I don't remember what happens after the specific instance you mention, generally if the game gives you a prompt, there's probably a reason. There's also no real reason -not- to complete all the side quests unless you're focusing on roleplaying a particular archetype or trying to get certain achievements like Foxiest of the Hounds.

Aleque
26th May 2013, 00:33
Good reply - thanks!

EDIT: By the way. What about the tranny that I paid to get the certain info (rumors). Will it also be erased once I switch areas?

Shralla
30th May 2013, 18:53
She's not a tranny, wtf?

CyberP
30th May 2013, 21:32
:lol:

JCpies
1st Jun 2013, 10:41
Some people find the term tranny to be offensive.

Just sayin'

AlexOfSpades
1st Jun 2013, 15:02
Good reply - thanks!

EDIT: By the way. What about the tranny that I paid to get the certain info (rumors). Will it also be erased once I switch areas?

I dont think you can come back after you've switched areas, so unfortunately yes you'll lose access to your tranny.

Edit:

Some people find the term tranny to be offensive.

Indeed. I think they prefer the term "augmented"

Shralla
1st Jun 2013, 17:55
Indeed. I think they prefer the term "augmented"

I lol'd, not gonna lie.

downsouthman1
4th Jun 2013, 18:45
I lol'd, not gonna lie.

LMAO @ whole conversation!