PDA

View Full Version : Police shoot on sight

jc720
12th May 2013, 01:01
I've finished most of the first Detroit storyline and am wrapping up side quests, specifically Motherly Ties. But as soon as I enter the police station everyone (including Chet Wagner, who I'm supposed to talk to) immediately starts shooting me. This does NOT happen with police in any other part of the city. I've tried reloading a save from about 15 minutes before this, but I really don't want to have to go further back than that. Has anyone else had this problem?

BTW, During the main police station mission I didn't kill anyone, but I did knock out the cop near the door to the sewers in the morgue.

Pinky_Powers
12th May 2013, 01:56
Either you really did something terrible earlier or... is your weapon out when you enter the police station?

downsouthman1
13th May 2013, 14:24
Either you really did something terrible earlier or... is your weapon out when you enter the police station?

Who walks around everywhere with their weapon out?

HERESY
14th May 2013, 05:47

98.9999999999999% of the characters in FPS.

downsouthman1
14th May 2013, 13:20
98.9999999999999% of the characters in FPS.

DXHR isn't really a shooter as you can go through the entire game (besides bosses) without shooting anyone if you like that kind of torture.

HERESY
14th May 2013, 15:34
DXHR isn't really a shooter as you can go through the entire game (besides bosses) without shooting anyone if you like that kind of torture.

I understand, I own the game, just pointing out that it happens in the majority of FPS. He's probably so used to it he forgot you could holster.

downsouthman1
14th May 2013, 15:48
I understand, I own the game, just pointing out that it happens in the majority of FPS. He's probably so used to it he forgot you could holster.

I guess I could see that. In DXHR, my weapons are always holstered, unless I'm getting ready to blast someone. Because I play a hybrid style that is weighted more towards stealth, I try to set things up for takedowns as opposed to playing this like a shooter.

Kamikave
14th May 2013, 17:43
BTW, During the main police station mission I didn't kill anyone, but I did knock out the cop near the door to the sewers in the morgue.

If you entered through the sewers, of course the police will shoot. It's what you'd call an unofficial way to get in. You have to enter through the front door if you want to them to discuss.

Pinky_Powers
17th May 2013, 03:01

His story reminded me of playing the original Deus Ex for the first time, and walking into the Underworld Tavern in Hell's Kitchen, and everyone starts shooting at me. Took me a bit to realize I ought to keep me firearms concealed. :)

downsouthman1
17th May 2013, 14:21
His story reminded me of playing the original Deus Ex for the first time, and walking into the Underworld Tavern in Hell's Kitchen, and everyone starts shooting at me. Took me a bit to realize I ought to keep me firearms concealed. :)

LOL. I guess if you become too accustomed to playing shooters, you forget that simple strategy in a game that's not technically a shooter.

Pinky_Powers
17th May 2013, 14:40
Well, in 2000 there weren't really any other games that did that. In 2013, there still are precious few. But yes, ever since my thoughts have moved in a proper social manner.