PDA

View Full Version : Why to kill Fedorova?

ragonis2007
9th May 2013, 02:37
I don't like that Jensen doesn't have a choice in killing Fedorova. I can offer a different story. Adam asks Eliza to make a hologram of him and make it possible to control it. When Fedorova comes to kill Adam, he can safely speak to her using the hologram.
When she sees the first hologram, she starts shooting it and suddenly the second diagram appears behind her.
- Yelena…
She makes a short fire queue and the third diagram appears near her.
- I know what troubles you. The revenge is yours, no need to kill anymore.
- Why? - surprisingly for herself she replies.
- You have forgotten what is to be a human. I know that, deep inside, you are tired of this, even if you don't realize it.
- You know nothing about me!
- Yes, but I believe in you. Your masters see in you just a killing machine, but I see in you splinters of a kind heart.
Little tears start going from her eyes. She is shooting at every hologram and after some time her bullets ran out. After this she drops her weapons on the floor. She falls on her knees and feels desperate. Jenson comes to her and sits opposite.
- I hate to be a human, because humans are fragile!
- I understand you. This person can switch off your GPL, - he gives her the contact details card.
- Your masters will think that you are lost for them. I'll contact you later. Time is short. Good luck.
Yelena takes the card, stands up and goes from the room. "She is lost for her masters indeed... Now she is born for a new life," Jensen reflects.
Jensen will not contact Yelena because he doesn't trust her. However, Yelena will find him herself. From hate to love is one step. Adam made her feel strong emotions so she is seeking him.

-Neon-
9th May 2013, 05:56
100% sure the Illuminati wouldn't hire someone who folded that easily.

kiadaw
9th May 2013, 15:09
Would be nice for a complete non lethal play through. The Boss fights are disrupting as I play stealth/non-Lethal.

downsouthman1
10th May 2013, 19:03
Would be nice for a complete non lethal play through. The Boss fights are disrupting as I play stealth/non-Lethal.

I play a hybrid-style. I choke people & then shoot them in the face while they lie on the ground if there are too many enemies & I don't want them being awakened.

El_Bel
10th May 2013, 23:56
Yeah! I wanted her tied up on the back of my B-EE 008 and taken under arrest in the most secure room of Sarif industries for questioning. We will make her talk no matter what.

CodenameD
20th Jun 2013, 06:08
Ion Storm made a Deus Ex game a long time ago that does something like this. It's called Deus Ex: Invisible War. Apparently you can befriend an augmented woman sent to kill you. But then you'd have to work along with her and betray your former allies.

Ashpolt
20th Jun 2013, 09:07
When I was speaking to JFD last week, he told me that it had been their original intention to allow the player to spare Fedorova's life (but not any of the other bosses), but they had to cut it due to time constraints. This is why, in the cutscene after the fight, Eliza says something like "Will you save her, Adam?"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2013, 10:29
That's very interesting to know, thanks. :cool:

El_Bel
20th Jun 2013, 12:51
Just spare her life? It would be very cool even if it was just that, but I would also like if we could arrest her or something oooor if she somehow helped later on to return the favor or something!

AlexOfSpades
20th Jun 2013, 13:58
I don't like that Jensen doesn't have a choice in killing Barrett. I can offer a different story. Adam asks Pritchard to make a cardboard cutout of him and make it possible to talk through it with a microphone. When Barrett comes to kill Adam, he can safely speak to him using the microphone.
When she sees the cutout, he starts shooting it and suddenly Jensen appears behind him.
- Barrett...
He makes a short fire queue and the third cutout appears near him.
- Why? - surprisingly for himself he replies.
- You have forgotten what is to be a human. I know that, deep inside, you are tired of this, even if you don't realize it.
- You know nothing about me, you boyscout!
- Yes, but I believe in you. Your masters see in you just a killing machine, but I see in you splinters of a kind heart.
Little tears start going from his eyes. "Splinters? You'll never find them!"

He is shooting at every explosive barrell and after some time his bullets ran out. He falls on his knees and feels desperate. Jenson comes to him and sits opposite.
- I hate to be a boss, because boss fight sucks!
- I understand you, cholo. Call me when the Director's Cut is released - he gives him the contact details card.
- Your masters will think that you are lost for them. I'll call you later. Time is short, and i'm kinda hungry.
Barrett takes the card, stands up and goes from the room. "He was straight indeed... Now he is born for a new life," Jensen reflects.
Jensen will not contact Barrett because he doesn't trust him. However, Barrett will find him himself. From hate to love is one step. Adam made him feel strong emotions so he is seeking him.

"Oh, Barrett, you have such strong arms... OoOoh I always asked for this"

i apologize. I really do

USER47
20th Jun 2013, 16:23
I don't like that Jensen doesn't have a choice in killing Fedorova. I can offer a different story. Adam asks Eliza to make a hologram of him and make it possible to control it. When Fedorova comes to kill Adam, he can safely speak to her using the hologram.
When she sees the first hologram, she starts shooting it and suddenly the second diagram appears behind her.
- Yelena…
She makes a short fire queue and the third diagram appears near her.
- Why? - surprisingly for herself she replies.
- You know nothing about me!
Little tears start going from her eyes. She is shooting at every hologram and after some time her bullets ran out. After this she drops her weapons on the floor. She falls on her knees and feels desperate. Jenson comes to her and sits opposite.
- I hate to be a human, because humans are fragile!
- I understand you. This person can switch off your GPL, - he gives her the contact details card.
- Your masters will think that you are lost for them. I'll contact you later. Time is short. Good luck.
Yelena takes the card, stands up and goes from the room. "She is lost for her masters indeed... Now she is born for a new life," Jensen reflects.
Jensen will not contact Yelena because he doesn't trust her. However, Yelena will find him herself. From hate to love is one step. Adam made her feel strong emotions so she is seeking him.
Wow, this is...terrible.:rolleyes:

hybridex
27th Jun 2013, 17:20
When I was speaking to JFD last week, he told me that it had been their original intention to allow the player to spare Fedorova's life (but not any of the other bosses), but they had to cut it due to time constraints. This is why, in the cutscene after the fight, Eliza says something like "Will you save her, Adam?"

Time constraint? Too bad this wasn't done for the Director's cut..

Lucifer
28th Jun 2013, 10:36
Who is Fedorova?

hybridex
29th Jun 2013, 19:25
Same crazy woman.. it's her (Yelena) last name..

ragonis2007
7th Jul 2013, 09:05
A story featuring Namir is wanted for the full set! Don't forget he is "a devoted father and husband" according to the deus ex website part about game characters.

Doozerpindan
8th Jul 2013, 11:35
I think Ben Saxon (think that's his name) told Namir's wife the truth about him and she left him, taking their child with her, it would explain what Namir says to Adam just before he dies.

"Men like us, we never get back the things we love."

It's an odd statement to make when at the end of Icarus Effect he seemingly has everything.

I want to play The Fall, but I don't want to buy a gaming tablet to do it, so I'm hoping Eidos sees sense and releases it on PC.

I'm also hoping for more comics and novels set in the Human Revolution time period involving characters from Human Revolution (including Missing Link obviously) & Icarus Affect.

JMSwallow
9th Jul 2013, 12:11
I think Ben Saxon (think that's his name) told Namir's wife the truth about him and she left him, taking their child with her, it would explain what Namir says to Adam just before he dies.

"Men like us, we never get back the things we love."

It's an odd statement to make when at the end of Icarus Effect he seemingly has everything.

Saxon never talks to Namir's wife, and she doesn't leave him.

When Namir talks about what he's lost, he's referring to his dead sister, mentioned elsewhere in the novel...

Doozerpindan
9th Jul 2013, 12:38
Saxon never talks to Namir's wife, and she doesn't leave him.

When Namir talks about what he's lost, he's referring to his dead sister, mentioned elsewhere in the novel...

Might be a stupid question, but, are you the J. Swallow who wrote Icarus Effect?

Regardless, I'm not sure how I missed that, and I was referring to the as-of-yet unknown events of "The Fall" because Ben is the MC, I know they never speak in the novel.

68_pie
9th Jul 2013, 13:22
Might be a stupid question, but, are you the J. Swallow who wrote Icarus Effect

Yes, he is.

Doozerpindan
9th Jul 2013, 13:31
Yes, he is.

Awesomesauce! I've read quite a few books of his it turns out, and have loved every one. However, he also wrote the novelised version of the first three episodes of Stargate: Universe (Titled Air because the writers of the show apparently wanted it to start off in the most boring way possible, and they felt the best way to do that was to spend three whole episodes focusing on the air supply and nothing else). Thing is, I'm now torn between wanting to see if he has managed to turn SGU into something that isn't just offensively bad and not wanting to dignify SGUs existence by spending money on it.

What to do, what to do...

I do own his SG-1 and Atlantis novels, however.

JMSwallow
10th Jul 2013, 08:23
Awesomesauce! I've read quite a few books of his it turns out, and have loved every one.

Hey, thanks. That's always nice to hear.

However, he also wrote the novelised version of the first three episodes of Stargate: Universe (Titled Air because the writers of the show apparently wanted it to start off in the most boring way possible, and they felt the best way to do that was to spend three whole episodes focusing on the air supply and nothing else). Thing is, I'm now torn between wanting to see if he has managed to turn SGU into something that isn't just offensively bad and not wanting to dignify SGUs existence by spending money on it.

Going OT for a moment here... Well, it certainly sounds like you're ill-disposed towards Stargate Universe, so perhaps reading 'Air' won't be for you. For my part, I can say that I feel I did a good job with the novelization and certainly I worked hard to connect it to SG-1 and Atlantis, adding some new scenes and extra material. But if you're fan of the other shows (and as I never miss an opportunity for a plug :D), you might want to check out the audio drama series I worked on for Big Finish Productions (http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/stargate)...

Doozerpindan
10th Jul 2013, 08:34
Nice, and plug away, I love finding new things by people whose content I enjoy.

In my defence, I did try to like SGU, I watched the first ten episodes of the first season and at no point gave the slightest toss about a single one of the characters. Hell, I can't even remember their names, and I can list off nearly every major character in both SG-1 and SG:A. I also have all the Stargate Movies, including the Director's Cut of the original. Even Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson in SG-1) came out and said SGU was a dreadful show.

TheYouthCounselor
16th Jul 2013, 10:50

After Eliza spoke that line and Adam let her die any way, I thought it made him look sociopathic and highly out of character in my pacifist playthrough.

I realize Adam has good reasons not to spare her life considering all he knows about her is that she's a remorseless legendary killer who murdered many of his coworkers and part of the group that almost killed him. However, it was plain cruel how he looked directly into her eyes and casually let her bleed to death. This is not the same Adam Jensen who berated Haas and left the DPD for shooting an unarmed teenager, or the same Adam who tried to negotiate with Ezekiel Sandoval.

I was also angry because I thought we were finally going to hear her say something. The Icarus Effect novel detailed how she is a voluntary mute who only spoke when there was something significant and I thought that dying/almost dying is a significant point in one's life. Eliza mentioned how she was made into a monster after witnessing the murder of her entire family. The official website wrote that her necklace is a noteworthy cherished heirloom. I thought all of this background was going to pay off and we were going to be finally treated to some exposition on our enemies.

It never came! :mad2: Just like all members of the Tyrant bosses, we learned nothing about them from the game despite the lengthy backstory written for them. *

*This is what made the Star Wars prequels characters inferior to the original trilogy.

68_pie
16th Jul 2013, 13:09
The ludonarrative dissonance and lack of player agency in some sections of the game is incredibly frustrating.

Pillowman
17th Jul 2013, 00:41
Just like all members of the Tyrant bosses, we learned nothing about them from the game despite the lengthy backstory written for them.

This, to me, was THE single biggest problem with DXHR. It wasn't just the boss fights themselves (obviously broken), but the fact that unless you'd read the spin-off novel or perused the wiki, you had LITERALLY no idea who any of them were or why they were doing what they did.

The game's story itself is lovely and well-written, with a terrific pace and showcased great examples of subtlety and complex character motivations (Sarif, Tong, Darrow). Then, without warning, some nameless, amped-up Big Bad would stomp through the story and demand a battle to the death apropos of nothing, really.

Am I crazy here? Did this bother anyone else? It still drives me nuts, and is the main reason why I can't bring myself to replay the game again. Two (very extensive) playthroughs later and I think I only found four or five emails/logs/references to the Tyrants and their story/motivations in total. They're never even referred to as "The Tyrants." Is Yelena's name ever actually mentioned in-game?