PDA

View Full Version : Finished my second playthrough of DX1 yesterday...

-Neon-
28th Apr 2013, 15:28
And I realized that Gary Savage has a really big affiliation with underwater labs. :P
I really enjoy that the Missing Link put in that connection, along with the strong hint that he and his coworker got together after their first bout of trouble.

CyberP
28th Apr 2013, 17:14
Ocean Lab > Rapture :D

Pinky_Powers
28th Apr 2013, 18:21
Ocean Lab > Rapture :D

Um... no.

Deus Ex > Bioshock

But...

Rapture > Ocean Labs

One of those things that Ken Levine has in common with Warren Spector, is a predisposition for delving deep into notion and philosophy. The Ocean Labs were great, but they were just one of many locations in Deus Ex, and thus could never have been as fully realized as Rapture, which was the heart and soul of Bioshock. It's no one's fault--Deus Ex is a bigger and better game than Bioshock--but when you take years realizing the vision for one incredible city, it's going to be better than Level X of any other game.

CyberP
28th Apr 2013, 18:33
snip

Of course Rapture is better. It was Bioshock, at least for me. I just prefer Ocean Lab for minor reasons, silly reasons, such as it featuring in the better game and because I just find it cool and fun.

Pinky_Powers
28th Apr 2013, 18:38
Of course Rapture is better. It was Bioshock, at least for me. I just prefer Ocean Lab for minor reasons, silly reasons, such as it featuring in the better game and because I just find it cool and fun.

Well, there was swimming, which AMAZINGLY Bioshock does not have. :eek:

CyberP
28th Apr 2013, 18:41
Indeed. And <3 the music.

bat_brain
10th May 2013, 04:00
i would disagree that deus ex < than bioshock.

perhaps HR is < than BI, however.

Pinky_Powers
10th May 2013, 14:40
I don't think you're doing it right.

AlexOfSpades
10th May 2013, 16:04
Speaking of which, Gary Savage's daughter Tiffany is a catgirl? Are bodymodders a thing in the Deus Ex world?

Shralla
10th May 2013, 17:43
Damn splicers.

KtY5nNGzC1E

FrankCSIS
11th May 2013, 01:46
Hahahha

Probably one of the most interesting concept of Beyond. Not a unique idea, but I can really see it happening, given the right social circumstances.