PDA

View Full Version : Ghost achievement + Backtracking

Nazarine
19th Apr 2013, 10:59
Hello people,

So I've been trying to get ghost for most areas on my playthrough, I've been wondering something though; what happens when I finish an area and obtain the ghost bonus and go back through the area to clean out all remaining hostiles but get detected (hostile) during my exploration.

Does this mean I will not receive ghost for my next MQ mission? Or does this detection have no effect at all, since ghost was already obtained for the area?

Also; if you get detected during side missions, does this break your MQ ghost?

I haven't been able to find an answer to these questions anywhere, and since I've already lost ghost multiple times (so I had to reload multiple times as well), I want to make sure that what I am doing does not break ghost.

Regards,

Nazarine

Nazarine
20th Apr 2013, 13:16
Bumping this up. Nobody knows? I found out that EMPing robots doesn't break ghost, but I'm afraid to take a risk regarding side missions.

CyberP
20th Apr 2013, 15:15
Bumping this up. Nobody knows? I found out that EMPing robots doesn't break ghost, but I'm afraid to take a risk regarding side missions.

Cannot get detected. Ever. IIRC. Get detected then load last save.

Nazarine
20th Apr 2013, 20:34
Cannot get detected. Ever. IIRC. Get detected then load last save.

Well, I've been trying to do just that. But it seems as if some side missions simply aren't made to ghost through. Took me 20 minutes just to get rid of 3 guards undetected (Since they were all facing the same direction and crate throwing had minimal effect) when saving that Asian prostitute from the garage she was locked in.

PS: In essense those robots do detect you, the screen even turns "hostile" for a second or two, still managed to get ghost despite this. There are so many conflicting reports on the internet, when googling barely anyone claimed you could kill the robot and get Hunk of Junk (250X) + Ghost (500XP) in the same playthrough. Most people simply assumed hostile = no ghost.

FrankieSatt
20th Apr 2013, 22:00
If you are detected "Ghost" is no longer. It needs to be perfect. You will not be able to get Hunk of Junk with Ghost. You have to avoid a lot of things while getting Ghost.

Nazarine
20th Apr 2013, 22:33
If you are detected "Ghost" is no longer. It needs to be perfect. You will not be able to get Hunk of Junk with Ghost. You have to avoid a lot of things while getting Ghost.

I appreciate the response, but could you please read the opening post? And I received Hunk of Junk + Ghost yesterday, so it is definitely possible.

So far I missed the Ghost in police station, however this might be because I passed the Silver Tongue check but it could also be because I was detected by one of the people during a side mission.

FrankieSatt
20th Apr 2013, 23:11
I appreciate the response, but could you please read the opening post? And I received Hunk of Junk + Ghost yesterday, so it is definitely possible.

So far I missed the Ghost in police station, however this might be because I passed the Silver Tongue check but it could also be because I was detected by one of the people during a side mission.

I must have done something to mess mine up because I tried to get Hunk of Junk and Ghost and I didn't.

Nazarine
20th Apr 2013, 23:16
I'm talking about this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZeuYQkwCPs&t=7m35s , you can see the player knocking a guy out and clearly making the rest hostile. However, this is a side quest. Side quests do not award Ghost, but do they affect the ghost of the main quest?

FrankieSatt
21st Apr 2013, 02:07
I didn't do any side quests. I stuck to the main mission and avoided all unnecessary tasks. That is the best way to get Ghost.

downsouthman1
22nd Apr 2013, 17:14
Ghost is not fun. I would never subject myself to the torture. Glad I'm not an Achievement junkie.