PDA

View Full Version : Another new moderator gracing our halls!

b1skit
17th Apr 2013, 22:27
Hi everybody,

It's time for even more new blood around here! I hope that everybody will join me in welcoming our newest EM moderator: Master Taffer!

Iowa based Master Taffer has been with us since 2009 and is a regular around here on the forums. He'll be working alongside the rest of the moderator gang - Viktoria, Jerion and Spyhopping to ensure an awesome experience for everybody on both the Deus Ex and Thief forums.

Please welcome Master Taffer (MT for short!), it's exciting to have such an awesome team made from some of our biggest fans :)

MasterTaffer
17th Apr 2013, 22:35
Greetings and salutations, everyone!

I've had some limited activity here on the Deus Ex side of things, though I certainly read almost all of the posts that get put up on this side. Expect me to have more posts. You guys seem like a fun group, though you all seem like you're conspiracy theorists or something... ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you! :wave:

Spyhopping
17th Apr 2013, 22:39
Congratulations!! We are most certainly the victims of conspirators. Trust nobody.

We can look out for each other as the new guys for a while :P

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Apr 2013, 22:40
Yay, another new recruit. Congratulations, MT. :flowers:

MasterTaffer
17th Apr 2013, 22:59
Congratulations!! We are most certainly the victims of conspirators. Trust nobody.

We can look out for each other as the new guys for a while :P

Back to back armed with pistols and bows? ;)

vallux
17th Apr 2013, 23:23
Greetings and salutations to you too Master Taffer. I hope you brought your tinfoil hat and troll resistant protective clothing. Not saying that you will need them, but the Internet is a scary place and the Illuminati is everywhere. FIGHT THE MAN, MAN!

Ilves
17th Apr 2013, 23:37
Welcome, Mr. Taffer!

-wait, does this mean Romeo and DXeXodus are phasing out?

And who is Freyja?

EricaLeeV
17th Apr 2013, 23:57
Hey welcome to the new level Taffer!

HERESY
18th Apr 2013, 02:05
This man is worthy.

Tverdyj
18th Apr 2013, 02:28
Congrats, MT

FrankCSIS
18th Apr 2013, 03:48
We don't like Taffers 'round these parts.

PS: your name was in blue yesterday, I've been waiting 24 long hours to say this :p

Good night, and good luck!

Pps: Congratulations, but you're crazy!

MasterTaffer
18th Apr 2013, 03:56
Congratulations, but you're crazy!

That's what I'm told.

Heh-hoo-hoo. :nut:

FrankCSIS
18th Apr 2013, 04:04
There should be skill trees for mods.

Merging skills
Editing skills
Deleting skills
Arguing skills
Diplomacy skills
Luck

Ans then some cool perks like Slayer, Survivalist, Better Ranged Banning, Mysterious Moderator, and of course Kama Sutra Master

CyberP
18th Apr 2013, 11:00
There should be skill trees for mods.

Merging skills
Editing skills
Deleting skills
Arguing skills
Diplomacy skills
Luck

Ans then some cool perks like Slayer, Survivalist, Better Ranged Banning, Mysterious Moderator, and of course Kama Sutra Master

No way. If I weren't allowed a damn skill tree in DX:HR then this here taffer ain't getting nothin.

Congrats MT, I had a feeling it would be you who gets promoted when they announced a mystery mod earlier.

Jerion
18th Apr 2013, 15:07
I like the way you think, Frank.

Welcome, Mr. Taffer!

-wait, does this mean Romeo and DXeXodus are phasing out?

And who is Freyja?

Merely a figment of your imagination.

JCpies
18th Apr 2013, 15:55
Got scared for a moment I though it was TAFFER or whatever that guy's name was.

Pinky_Powers
18th Apr 2013, 17:19
Hello new mod.

Solid_1723
18th Apr 2013, 18:13
Congrats MT! I'm sure you'll fit right in here...mhm I'm not sure whether this was a compliment or not.;)

MasterTaffer
18th Apr 2013, 18:15
Congrats MT, I had a feeling it would be you who gets promoted when they announced a mystery mod earlier.

Because of my smoldering charm? ;)

CyberP
18th Apr 2013, 18:29
Because of my smoldering charm? ;)

Ha, please.

You post on both Thief & Deus Ex forums.
You seem quite level-headed, for a taffer anyway :p
You haven't strongly opposed EM's butchering of classic LGS/Ion Storm franchises (though they aren't the only company guilty of this, Ion Storm done it themselves & Irrational).
You present strong arguments based on logic and common sense, from what I have read.

Think I have just given you far too much credit, don't let it get to your head now.

MasterTaffer
18th Apr 2013, 18:34
You haven't strongly opposed EM's butchering of classic LGS/Ion Storm franchises (though they aren't the only company guilty of this, Ion Storm done it themselves & Irrational).

I prefer to think of it as "open to artist interpretation. :D

CyberP
18th Apr 2013, 18:45
Yeah, well....What a shame.