PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the deal with Stephen Shellen (David Sarif)?

-Neon-
16th Apr 2013, 18:30
Apparently, he put out a joke video where he was acting like a conspiracy nut, people spread it, and I think he stated that it really hurt him career-wise. He also stated recently:

Yes, I am mentioned in IMDB now but initially I was the only actor not credited and at one point another actor was said to be the voice of David Sarif. I can assure you I am blacklisted and after speaking out about my targeting I was even somehow stopped from doing voice work. I once had a promising acting career and that came to an abrupt halt(17 years ago) once I tried to find out who had beat my ex and who had threatened to hurt my 4 year old son if he talked to me. 1 acting job - 10 yrs.
As far as I can tell, he's passionate about protecting kids from abuse and other things, and apparently it's gotten him in trouble with Hollywood and whatnot and has really cut off his career opportunities.

Ilves
16th Apr 2013, 18:40
1 acting job - 10 yrs

Wikipedia mentions some half a dozen acting gigs since the late 90's, so I don't know about him being blacklisted.

The crazy vid though was sincerely disturbing...

SageSavage
16th Apr 2013, 19:07
Strange stuff but clearly not to be taken seriously.

"My Fruitflies Are Augmented"

Spyhopping
16th Apr 2013, 19:16
Yeah, that fruitfly video was odd. I honestly can't remember where, but I read somewhere that it was a persona he was putting on, which I'd rather believe!

Anyway, he can talk about fruitflys all day if he wants with that wonderful voice of his.

JCpies
16th Apr 2013, 19:24
Didn't we discover who got S.S to do it? Wasn't it for like, charity or something? Am I imagining things?

SageSavage
16th Apr 2013, 19:53
I think you've probably been brainwashed into imagining this.

CyberP
16th Apr 2013, 20:02
I think you've probably been brainwashed into imagining this.

Am I imagining Spyhopping has been demoted already?

Shellen done a good job as Sarif and a good job convincing me he was a complete lunatic when I watched that vid some time ago. :lol: Good actor.

Spyhopping
16th Apr 2013, 21:08
It worried me when I watched it, I thought he had some problems. I think it's just very good acting!

Am I imagining Spyhopping has been demoted already?

Yes. I went in as a mole and they found me out, but at least they let me live.

(There's something curious going on with the mod badges today.)

StickyBC
18th Apr 2013, 14:03
Yes, he is a great actor and its really quite a trip how people have responded or reacted to the FruitFly Parody video he did. Its ridiculous the amount of negative feed back and how damaging people's responses have been 'believing' he was crazy or had become mentally unstable.
I'm good friends with Stephen, and I assure you he is quite sane. Just because you read something on Wikipedia - doesn't mean it's true. Wiki had said he was dead at one point.
Ironically his parody video Fruit Fly isn't far fetched with the development of MAVS - in a video Friday, Nov. 21, 2008, and released by the U.S. Air Force, shows the next generation of drones, called Micro Aerial Vehicles, or MAVs. The MAVs could be as tiny as bumblebees and capable of flying undetected into buildings, where they could photograph, record, and even attack insurgents and terrorists. U.S. military engineers are trying to design flying robots disguised as insects that could one day spy on enemies and conduct dangerous missions without risking lives.
http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-software/the_coolest_flying_robot_proje

As for Sarif - I definitely think he is the only choice to play the character in the movie. Gamer fans will be terribly disappointed in the film having some stand in trying to recreate what was already done so masterfully. ~SP

CyberP
18th Apr 2013, 14:40
Yes, he is a great actor and its really quite a trip how people have responded or reacted to the FruitFly Parody video he did. Its ridiculous the amount of negative feed back and how damaging people's responses have been 'believing' he was crazy or had become mentally unstable.
I'm good friends with Stephen, and I assure you he is quite sane. Just because you read something on Wikipedia - doesn't mean it's true. Wiki had said he was dead at one point.

Oh dear. Good luck to him I guess.

Ironically his parody video Fruit Fly isn't far fetched with the development of MAVS - in a video Friday, Nov. 21, 2008, and released by the U.S. Air Force, shows the next generation of drones, called Micro Aerial Vehicles, or MAVs. The MAVs could be as tiny as bumblebees and capable of flying undetected into buildings, where they could photograph, record, and even attack insurgents and terrorists. U.S. military engineers are trying to design flying robots disguised as insects that could one day spy on enemies and conduct dangerous missions without risking lives.
http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-software/the_coolest_flying_robot_proje

Yeah, heard about MAVs before. Quite worrying really if the tech gets in the wrong hands, which ain't hard at all.

As for Sarif - I definitely think he is the only choice to play the character in the movie. Gamer fans will be terribly disappointed in the film having some stand in trying to recreate what was already done so masterfully. ~SP
Indeed. He looks nothing like the character Sarif but the voice & performance is what defines Sarif most, for me.
I'd rather there be no film at all though, just a sequel. Deus Ex (original) is the pinnacle of electronic entertainment for me, and Human Revolution is up there somewhere as one of the all-time greats also. How can a film even offer half of what the game already does? Money is all that matters to the IP holders at the end of the day. :(
Well, just make sure it's good, and does the Deus Ex name some justice. That said I need to work on perfecting my mod, cos right now it doesn't do the Deus Ex name justice either :hmm:

JCpies
18th Apr 2013, 15:58

What if he was dead?

What if he returned because it was his destiny to play David Sarif?

Spyhopping
18th Apr 2013, 16:06
He should take it as a compliment to his acting abilities if so many people think that video is real.

I didn't listen to all of the following video, but I can't quite see whether it is real or not. All seems a bit odd to me.

yM5umez3jCo

JCpies
18th Apr 2013, 16:19
So Stephen quit a TV show and was targeted by the CIA.

Feels bad.

Though those harassment tactics do sound legit.

Spyhopping
18th Apr 2013, 16:30
This is quite funny. NO HOBO!

3lOP_Mupr2k

JCpies
18th Apr 2013, 16:45
He just wanted to check up on Big Butts...

n64
19th Apr 2013, 01:52
This may help explain what he is talking about.

http://www.targeted-individuals.com/

CyberP
19th Apr 2013, 02:23
This may help explain what he is talking about.

http://www.targeted-individuals.com/

I was willing to give the writers a chance, but then I got to "satellites that can read your mind" and "up to 50 gang-stalkers" and realized I got trolled...again.
I'm certain some of the words written bare truth, but if conspiracy theorists/Whistle blowers want to be taken seriously they need to change their approach.

This is quite funny. NO HOBO!
]

:lol:

All I can picture is Sarif doing all that. NO HOBO!

So that was what he was doing in Jensen's apartment uninvited :lol:

I didn't listen to all of the following video, but I can't quite see whether it is real or not. All seems a bit odd to me.

I'm pretty sure he is being serious about all that. He isn't the first celebrity to speak out like that too, which rings a few bells.

They need to band together and blow their whistles harder, and back up their claims with hard facts. Just too far-fetched atm.

SageSavage
19th Apr 2013, 09:55
Hm, after looking some more into Stephen Shellen's output he seems to be serious about it. Either that or he's pulling a (Joaquin) Phoenix on us. For many years. Whatever it is, it's sad - not funny.

n64
19th Apr 2013, 15:44
www.youtube.com/watch?v=faxJPLNM6xo

n64
19th Apr 2013, 15:55
Here's another one, not so crazy is he?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8MvE0CPJIg

JCpies
19th Apr 2013, 15:56
I hope David Sarif is in the next Deus Ex... :[

If not, he could voice different characters...
No hobo.

n64
19th Apr 2013, 16:44
His children were threatened and stolen and he was warned to not talk about what happened to his children or he was dead! He experienced death threats among other things. Stephen was warned that he would lose everything. Well, he isn't dead and he didn't lose everything! He is a champion for children everywhere, especially those that have experienced Ritual Abuse. Far from crazy he is a voice where others fear to tread. I know him, he is great and not crying in his beer(he doesn't drink anymore). It may be sad about what has happened to children that are victims of abuse but Stephen is not sad, far from it and he continues pumping out art, performance art, short films etc, and being an advocate for human rights. I suppose for some it may seem strange but maybe if you had children and they were threatened you might understand. By the way, many of the films that are listed post 1995 on his IMDB page were made prior to 1995. He was a top tier film actor whose career, including films such as A River Runs Through It, was derailed. He is an award winning short filmmaker, playwright and artist who uses his art to speak about atrocities he has learned about as a result of what happened regarding his children and subsequent harassment. Any of you had to live with death threats? He has and he isn't afraid but rather he is willing to be a spokesperson for those around us with no voice. His fruit fly video was a parody...his attempt to make fun of those of us who take conspiracies a little too serious. Too bad online journalism is so crappy, anyone doing 5 minutes of research would have know it came from a comedy channel! Plus all this talk about bad taste, well I can think of a lot of bad taste online, this fruit fly joke isn't one of them so maybe give your head a toss and analyze who is really crazy here.

SageSavage
19th Apr 2013, 16:58
His fruit fly video was a parody...his attempt to make fun of those of us who take conspiracies a little too serious. Too bad online journalism is so crappy, anyone doing 5 minutes of research would have know it came from a comedy channel!

That just doesn't add up with his other (seemingly serious) talks and write ups about very similar stuff.

CyberP
19th Apr 2013, 17:07
That just doesn't add up with his other (seemingly serious) talks and write ups about very similar stuff.

Indeed.

FrankCSIS
19th Apr 2013, 17:27
I wonder if I will become a targetted individual now that I've visited their website.

This maintenance guy mowing the lawn does look suspicious, now that I think of it. I'll be sure to look for informants at the beach this afternoon.

n64
19th Apr 2013, 17:28
Like what? Gee, um, like Stephen doesn't believe 100 % that two planes took down the towers on 911. Wow! That really makes him a kook huh, like a recent survey in the U.S. found that many do not believe the official story. Here is a rather conservative opinion but proves Stephen is really not in such a sequestered tin foil hat percentage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polls_about_9/11_conspiracy_theories

What,

SageSavage
19th Apr 2013, 17:53
This is not about 9/11 or Stephen Shellens' opinion about it. This is about incongruent behaviour.

Spyhopping
19th Apr 2013, 18:29
The way that targeted persons website presents itself is very odd. A lot of it appears to be a paranoid interpretation of every day goings on that most people wouldn't load any meaning upon or even successfully notice in the first place. One persons old house creaking in the night will be another persons paranormal activity.

I'm not making any statements or assumptions about Stephen Shellen at the moment, just to make that clear.

JCpies
19th Apr 2013, 19:17
I think it's impossible for someone to dislike Stephen Shellen.

FrankCSIS
20th Apr 2013, 00:06
Anyone who appeared in Due South will have my unconditional love. Of course, the dog was my number one guy.

Whatever happened, it's a damn shame. I don't think I've seen much of him on screen, but you can tell by his stint in Gone in 60 sSeconds he had a ton of charisma and screen presence. Even as a teen I noticed him, and have always remembered that scene.

n64
21st Apr 2013, 17:03
The way that targeted persons website presents itself is very odd. A lot of it appears to be a paranoid interpretation of every day goings on that most people wouldn't load any meaning upon or even successfully notice in the first place. One persons old house creaking in the night will be another persons paranormal activity.

I'm not making any statements or assumptions about Stephen Shellen at the moment, just to make that clear.

Good, I hope not. But before you trash the site and accuse it of being a 'paranoid interpretation' perhaps you should have a more open mind and understand these are ex soldiers, not people hiding in a corner with tin foil hats but rather soldiers that still to this day train others in stealth fighting and bodyguard work. Adam Jensen's if you will, minus the augmentation. Mr. Shellen actually does not like the term Targeted Individual but prefers Covert Harassment applied to his situation. As far incongruous behavior I beg to differ. It was clear that his fruit fly video was on a comedy channel(original listed below) and maybe you would all be better served asking why this video was hi jacked then plastered on all those sites claiming 'He thinks the Illuminati are trying to kill him'. Ha, that's a laugh, where does he ever use the term Illuminati in the video or anywhere? Someone has him confused with David Sarif perhaps?/ You want to talk about being trolled, well, I think he was. Why someone would maliciously misconstrue the video and claim he was worried about being killed is sick.Psyops is what it looks like, or a bad sense of humor. He apparently wasn't as alarmed as others who found his Wikipedia page altered and claims that he was dead. Thanks to some sleuthng by online gamers one of the I.P. addresses was found to be from Washington D.C.

Here's the original. Bad taste, perhaps to some but if this had been left on the channel with which it was originally posted the context of it and the humor behind it would have been, as it was originally, understood. The Truther Girls talk about primarily health issues and topics such as vaccines. If you ever visit say Mike Adams and his alternative health website it is much the same with a healthy dose of humor injected. If you think Shellen is crazy, yes, he is crazy like a fox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8udBzxKOQs

Spyhopping
21st Apr 2013, 17:46
I wouldn't say I'm trashing the website, it just doesn't have me convinced on the evidential side of things. So far, I'm not hearing any anecdotes or anything that provides a rational story on "covert harassment". The claims are all very vague and the justification for it is basically "we aren't tin foil wearing weirdos" and that it's linked to the military in some way, which doesn't do much for me really. I'm not hearing any facts or rational arguments and that is why I'm unconvinced. Throw some useful information my way and perhaps that'll change.

As for malicious misconstrual? I'd be hacked off if I were on the receiving end, but it was out of context as you said, and it's completely understandable why people were confused about it. It was bloody good acting!! And people want to like him because of that, and because he's done an admirable job with Sarif.