PDA

View Full Version : We Want To Hear From You! - Nosgoth Store Feedback

Xenonetix
9th Jun 2014, 17:24
Update: Thank you to everyone who took part in this survey. It is now closed.

Hi everyone :)

I hope you're all having fun playing Nosgoth! We'd like to hear from you all what your ratings are of various Store Items, and we could potentially make vital changes based on your feedback! :cool:

If you have any comments to make in addition to taking this survey, please feel free to post them on this thread. ;)

Thanks in advance - You could really make a big difference to Nosgoth's future!

~ Xenonetix ~

Razaiim
9th Jun 2014, 18:37
Just to address why I rated the way I did, because I feel the star ranking system communicates very little

Just a note: I have no means of being runes so I'll only discuss gold.
Equipment. The 7 days rental are excellent value. Minimum 6 Games (2 hours) to get an item lasting 7 days is great, and dead easy to keep up. The permanent purchase I feel is more for convenience then actually saving money. While haggling over price might be a lost cause, I feel somewhere between 4.25 and 4.5 x the temp price is better than 5x. I gave the overall rating a bit lower for this, as well as a lack of variety that each class has in some form, though this is more gameplay than actual store.

Perks I rated lower because I find that they do not feel powerful enough to me to justify the cost (I was never one for subtle stat changes, hated rpgs for this). A blanket increase to the strength of most perks would go a long way to justifying costs.

I rated keys poorly again because I am limited by not having access to runes, and I have a wad of chests I can't open because of it.

And feedback done for now.

Obisher
9th Jun 2014, 22:14
Here's a bit more explanation from me. Please note, if I have the opportunity to buy something with gold, I'll buy it with gold. So my opinion on weapons/abilities/perks prices is only focused on the value in gold, not runes as well. Also, I never played other F2P games which have microtransactions so I can't compare the prices with other games.

Weapons & abilities - pretty much all prices (rental/permanent) seem fair to me. I don't change loadouts on my classes very often, so when I find something I really like, I buy it as a permanent item.

Perks - rental prices are OK, but permanent price seems like too much. I agree with Razaiim on this. Either lower the permanent price or raise perk stats.

Skins - OK, so regular skins are fine, and the price is decent, but none of those skins really made me want to buy them. I have Vampire bundle so with it I have Founder's armor for Reaver, but if I didn't have it I would certainly buy another skin because I don't like the default Reaver skin at all. Don't get me wrong, regular skins are good, but none of those skins gave me the "I must have it!" feeling. On the other hand, I absolutely love the evolved skins. They simply look fantastic and it's not a problem to give a bit more money for those. And they can be obtained for free if you reach max. level with a certain class. So I think that's fair.

Keys - I rated these really low. Doesn't make much sense to buy a key for unlocking a chest which contains a random item. I bought a key once to open a chest and I wasn't satisfied at all with the item I got.

Class unlock - well, not sure about this. Considering the normal skins cost 1600 RS and evolved 2400, giving 3000 RS for a class doesn't seem that much. Then again, I'm not sure if I would be ready to give that amount of money for a class I may not even like.
But I have another question. After unlocking all available classes I have one more class unlock artifact. And we know for sure there will be at least 2 new classes, maybe even 4. So will we get more class unlock artifacts as we level up, or are we limited to 4 artifacts and are forced to buy other classes with runestones? btw. I'm lvl 32 and I think I got a class unlock artifact last time when I hit lvl 20.

So that's my opinion. I can't say much about prices of founder's packs and in-game bundles. Seemed fair to me, bought them :)

Xenonetix
10th Jun 2014, 16:14
This is excellent feedback - Please keep it coming! :)

GenFeelGood
10th Jun 2014, 18:31
Keys/chests are probably my least favorite item in the store and in the game. 500 runes might not seem like a lot for a permanent weapon, since its around half what you would pay in runes for a weapon direct from the store; but, with that bug that dropped them chest after chest, (and I still have just under a dozen of them) the odds I would get something I would actually use in the game was around 1/5.

Weapon and Ability prices on all levels have been satisfactory.

If I buy boosts I always go the full 7 days, but 3 days been handy when I know my time is going to be completely occupied part of the week. You guys should put that 30 day boost you get from the founders pack in the store as well. I think, despite the price tag it would come with, it would sell pretty well.

Class Unlocks, I haven't had a situation yet where I didn't have an unlock available when a new class came out so I can't really comment on the price.

Skins have been my biggest desire to buy since alpha when all I could do was hope to catch a glance of one in a match with a QA tester. In MMOs, I am the player constantly crafting weapons and equipment, to stand out, so this satisfies that a little and I can't wait to start crafting weapons when it gets here. Only bought 1 skin for each class, not the evolved because I'd rather earn them, and look forward to purchasing for the Prophet when they are available.

When it comes to perks, I always buy permanent.

PencileyePirate
11th Jun 2014, 06:55
I've reported this bug elsewhere in the forums, but last I knew (shortly before Prophet was released) it was still present:

If you own a perk permanently and you then receive the same perk again as a daily: the store will not show the "You already own this item ..." warning while both are in your inventory.

Also: many founders who earned a class (e.g. Scout or Sentinel) before purchasing their founders pack now have duplicate items for both that class and its default skin in their inventory, and AFAIK the artifact cannot be deleted. The default skin will show up twice in the armory as well. Since founders paid for those items I personally think it'd be nice to convert one of these duplicate class artifacts into an unused artifact, but that's unnecessary if players will be given a means for earning new class artifacts when future classes are released.

theMachineGun
11th Jun 2014, 07:12
Inventory should, in my opinion, not make duplicate items when buying new temporary/permanent items, instead replace the old one. Now I just have a lot of deleting in the inventory.
I'm pretty sure that the counters aren't working on most of the uncommon weapons and such.

Xenonetix
11th Jun 2014, 13:48
The duplicate items issue is a known issue, and something will be done about it in future.

For the moment, we would like more information on the actual items rather than the shop format.

Thanks!

FireWorks_
11th Jun 2014, 15:05
When buying a founders pack where its explicitly stated as _permanent_, Id expect the items to be actually permant. A permant booster for beta supporters seems pretty common these days.

Gotta say I felt pretty ripped off when I found only a 30day booster in my inventory.

Its ok if you sell temporary boosters, but then mark them as such. The founders booster is very misleading (and illegal at least from EU law).

And of course I would only get runestones back cause i paid with them. The purchase of runestones with money was a total different thing...

Well, I know, I wont put more money on this game in the near future :)

MasterZtark
11th Jun 2014, 15:20
I have permanently bought every weapon/special/primary/secondary abilities from the store with gold, and I think the prices are all good and worth it. I personally never rented any of them, because I knew eventually I would have the gold to be able to buy everything permanently anyway so I didn't want to "waste" my gold on renting them first. I don't think the rental prices were unfair or anything though, it was just a personal choice. I know there were many times I wanted to rent/test a new item out, but I stuck to my guns and waited until I could buy it permanently first. Plenty of people have told me they rent stuff and find it fair/worth it, so I have no arguments with that.

The perks on the other hand I always rent with gold... 7 days if I want to test them, and 30 days if that is going to be my main build. At the end of the 30 days I just buy them again for 30 days. 3,000 gold to buy them permanently is just too much in my opinion, something like 1,500 would def change my mind though.

All of my Class Artifacts were earned via leveling up and they came fast enough to satisfy me, I don't have an issue with that. I didn't buy any with runestones, not sure if they were worth it or not though.

I have not bought any Boosts yet, not sure if I will now either. The price seemed fair, and I def had the urge to buy a boost when I first started, but I don't see much point once you level up your player, classes, and bought everything from the store.

I still have all the Runestones from purchasing my Founder's Pack. Skins are about the only thing I would spend them on (because if an item can be bought with gold, I am dedicated enough to wait and buy it that way), but honestly I'm waiting to see if Keys return or something like being able to straight up buy Chests (that don't require a key) are added to the game (although I would prefer if these types of items could also be bought with gold, so no one falsely cries, "Pay to Win!"). I would personally much rather spend my Runestones on something that can potentially help me (and currently can't be bought with gold; keys, chests, etc.) than cosmetic changes like Skins. Being able to mix/match pieces of different skins you own would be nice though, and make your character very unique! I don't know many people who buy more than one skin for the same class, but if you could mix/match the pieces there would actually be a purpose to owning ALL the skins in the game (and more of an incentive to even buy one in the first place). Some degree of changing the colors of each piece would be nice also, but nothing like Pink, just subtle color changes like black, white, brown perhaps.

Sanguise23
11th Jun 2014, 17:23
When buying a founders pack where its explicitly stated as _permanent_, Id expect the items to be actually permant. A permant booster for beta supporters seems pretty common these days.

Gotta say I felt pretty ripped off when I found only a 30day booster in my inventory.

Its ok if you sell temporary boosters, but then mark them as such. The founders booster is very misleading (and illegal at least from EU law).

And of course I would only get runestones back cause i paid with them. The purchase of runestones with money was a total different thing...

Well, I know, I wont put more money on this game in the near future :)

how is it illegal, it never says its permanent,its just called founders booster. I also dont think its a ripoff

Squigiligimous
11th Jun 2014, 18:45
how is it illegal, it never says its permanent,its just called founders booster. I also dont think its a ripoff

Pretty much agreed. That said it's a bit misleading how it's refereed to in some of the material. Don't think the duration is directly mentioned on many of the sites with the packs and such. That said it's still 100% worth it.

FireWorks_
11th Jun 2014, 21:32
http://s2.postimg.org/740ovseh5/3859.jpg (http://image-upload.de/image/SnOBCk/c8d5e5b9a7.jpg)

Nowhere a word of restriction in the whole shop. It just says you get the founder booster. Which is only explained in the marked area, no other way to see it or see a time restriction. That is a rip off in my book, sorry if my english lacks there.

If you sell something "permanent", and deliver the booster permanently and then start arguing that the booster IS permanent but only its effect is lost after time. That would be kicked by any EU court. Cause it is illegal.

Of course only few will file a law suit over 15€... But you surely annoy some customers with this business model. Sadly the kids will still buy without thinking and just suck it up.

Sanguise23
11th Jun 2014, 21:45
http://s2.postimg.org/740ovseh5/3859.jpg (http://image-upload.de/image/SnOBCk/c8d5e5b9a7.jpg)

Nowhere a word of restriction in the whole shop. It just says you get the founder booster. Which is only explained in the marked area, no other way to see it or see a time restriction. That is a rip off in my book, sorry if my english lacks there.

If you sell something "permanent", and deliver the booster permanently and then start arguing that the booster IS permanent but only its effect is lost after time. That would be kicked by any EU court. Cause it is illegal.

Of course only few will file a law suit over 15€... But you surely annoy some customers with this business model. Sadly the kids will still buy without thinking and just suck it up.
if that is really illegal in the UK thats stupid, the permanence is for the founders pack not all things included. how could the runestones be permanent

Khalith
12th Jun 2014, 01:07
I don't think the skins are worth the current price and should be less. Same with permas across the board, I feel the short term stuff though is very reasonably priced. The boosters as well, the All boosters are too expensive as well. 300-500 a booster is very reasonable, I think the skins should have all been the $4.99 worth of runestones with the evolved being $9.99

cmstache
12th Jun 2014, 01:29
The booster has been said to be 30-days. That being said, It's been asked to have a "re-charge" function on them. Don't delete them once expired. (I'm saving all 3 of mine atm.) Same with chests. Never know what'll be tradeable eventually.

Razaiim
12th Jun 2014, 02:04
Can we adjust the size of these images? Kinda redonkeylous?

Saturnity
12th Jun 2014, 06:35
It was pretty difficult to fill out because the options lump together gold and runestones. The value for money really varies a lot between them, with the runestone weapon rentals struggling the most to be worthwhile over gold.

Aside from that, the biggest problems I've seen are the 20% booster prices, permanent perks, and gold weapons. Everyone who buys the human/immortal pack will already have uncommon/rare weapons, so there's never any point to using a golden weapon unless they become a weapon skin or something.

FireWorks_
12th Jun 2014, 06:50
The booster has been said to be 30-days.

Can you be a bit more precise? Where it is to see for customer without reading all the additional forums, websites etc? It has to be clear in the shop itself.

Xenonetix
13th Jun 2014, 10:07
It has to be clear in the shop itself.

Noted.

PencileyePirate
14th Jun 2014, 07:38
I'll agree with FireWorks here; I felt pretty ripped off when I made a purchase that was (seemingly) advertised as permanent but then ended up with a 30-day limit on booster. To date there is still no indication of any time limit on the founders packs page (http://www.nosgoth.com/webstore/founders_packs), and I certainly will think twice before spending any more money on a SE title.

Blastin_Foolz
14th Jun 2014, 08:35
What bothers me, is how you can purchase the Immortal Package for a fraction of the cost using runes in-game.

Immortal banner is to show diehard support for the game, but a casual can pick it up for around 20 - 25 dollars at the moment, which hurts me, as I spent over 100 USD on my package. Yes, I got a lot of runes, but the skins are so overpriced that 30k really isn't a whole lot and worries me about the future of skin prices and the pricing for other micro transactions this game will make available in the future.

cmstache
14th Jun 2014, 12:20
The immortal package in-game actually costs more. You don't get the runestones with it (which is most of what you're paying for).

Jmthebigman
14th Jun 2014, 13:51
The immortal package in-game actually costs more. You don't get the runestones with it (which is most of what you're paying for).

Depends, if you do not wanna pay2getall and spend that much at once, the ingame is really cheaper.

Xenonetix
16th Jun 2014, 21:11
I appreciate the feedback, but we are digressing somewhat. ;)

Kurek1987
17th Jun 2014, 15:53
I think equipment and perks are well priced in the store with having an expensive gold alternative. I never bought any bundles, rune stones, boosts, etc. I have considered getting skins, but I like to play games where i can change my skins frequently to have customization looks; however, adding up the costs if i wanted all of the skin content in the game that would cost over $160.00 in rune stones for just the ones out at this point. I feel that is excessive. I think total prices of content should be around $60.00 like any other game out there. If SE makes a person pay $60.00 then thats profit right there--people paying full price for a ftp game. anything over that is way excessive-> $100.00 more.

I know people can say well you dont have to buy them. Yeah for sure, but people are completionists, and like to experience variety in a game at a reasonable cost. With 2 more classes on each side, getting all of the skins will cost over $250.00. How can you justify someone paying full price for a game (~$60.00) and not receive all content for it.

I think that there should at least be an in game gold alternative for a very expensive price, maybe like 5,000-10,000 gold. That allows people to work towards something too, rather than buying what they want and then getting bored and leaving the game. This would prob keep people interested, like reaching an achievement.

EmnityFrost
17th Jun 2014, 16:34
To me it doesn't matter the prices. I'm paying for what I like usually and I don't care, but that's just me. I've played many ftp games without spending 1 euro at them and having a blast and also spending alot of money on ftp... result was the same... tbh... I could say I had less satisfaction. In this scenario many people are like me, we get what we want... and short after we get bored with nothing to aim for. It happens alot, not with every game, but alot.
I actually like the idea to have... say... one skin that costs gold, but like... alot of gold, something like 10-15k. It will be a great aim, and when someone gets it, it will really show his dedication to the class he loves to play. But apart from that there should always be new skins for gems, we must have something to monetize the game or else it will fall apart. Frankly I even think that skins cost a tad more than my liking but I reckon that's just because they are so few atm.