PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Anti-whining MOD

Pharnham
25th Mar 2013, 18:15
First there's the sniveling low-testosterone geek involved in stealing drugs. Very bad, but endurable.

I don't know about you guys, but after suffering through some weepy emasculated ex-SWAT captain doing his best pre-operative transsexual routine, I almost had to claw my eyeballs out. Fortunately, that inspired me to devise the famous "two non-lethal takedown total" Police Station run that gets everything you need in one pass, in five minutes or less, without speaking to or ever hearing from that piece of crud loser ever again.

But suddenly, there was Sandoval. The distilled essence of the girlified metrosexual whiner, and you can't even skip the dialogue. I have to turn the volume off to even complete that section of the game.

I would like a mod that permits resolution of those three events, instantly and in the absence of dialogue. It is unreasonable to have to subject one's self to that level of psychological punishment simply to play a game.

CyberP
25th Mar 2013, 21:33
Oh you so bad.

1. Wayne Haas or whatever his name is killed a ******* kid. I'd like to think that would break any man.
That may not be factually correct, but whatever, he is a good character.

2. Meeting them is entirely optional, not sure about Sandoval though.

3. You are a damn hypocrite. You are whining about whining.

4. Of all the things to criticize it's this? Meh.

MasterTaffer
25th Mar 2013, 22:46
Just shooting someone can have a profound effect on someone; I speak from experience. I can't imagine the effect of shooting a kid would have on someone.

Spyhopping
26th Mar 2013, 00:07
You need an anti whining mod :nut:

Really though, they were a bit whingey. But that made exercising Adam's badass conversation technique that much better. It's good that DX is a choice driven game and that there are generally ways to get past the conversations, to deal with things differently.

Shralla
26th Mar 2013, 01:00
If I were a lesser person, I would have been offended by your derogatory implications about men who are more androgynous.

Dentrick
26th Mar 2013, 01:13
This is a great idea. Jensen can say, "Bro, do you even lift?" And then he grabs the closest three women while chugging a Muscle Milk and the characters are so thoroughly intimidated by his Alpha hormones that they leave to complain about DX:HR on the forums.

MasterTaffer
26th Mar 2013, 01:17
This is a great idea. Jensen can say, "Bro, do you even lift?" And then he grabs the closest three women while chugging a Muscle Milk and the characters are so thoroughly intimidated by his Alpha hormones that they leave to complain about DX:HR on the forums.

You know, I actually wanna see that now just for the parody aspects.

CyberP
26th Mar 2013, 02:09
It is unreasonable to have to subject one's self to that level of psychological punishment simply to play a game.

Listening to some perfectly legitimate whining is "psychological punishment" to you? Shows how strong-headed you are.

xaduha2
26th Mar 2013, 19:53
I thought this was about the forum.