PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cut additions as DLC for PC / PS3 / 360?

Count D
20th Mar 2013, 18:04
Because I would love me some improvements, especially in the "boss fight" category.

Relight-TRHQ
20th Mar 2013, 21:45
:thumb:

I loved this game, a lot, but have been too busy to replay it. Having some of these improvements as DLC for PC would definitely be a great reason to play this game again :)

Tecman
20th Mar 2013, 22:16
Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing through the game again with the revamps made available on PC somehow. :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Mar 2013, 22:34
Agreed. :thumb:

Foggle
20th Mar 2013, 22:37
I would also love to see these improvements come to the PC version! :thumb:

motsm
20th Mar 2013, 23:44
I highly doubt we'll see this, but would be quite nice.

El_Bel
21st Mar 2013, 00:15
While i would buy it as a DLC, i think that the changes they made fall under the category of a patch, so they shouldn't charge for it.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 00:42
I wish more devs would model themselves on CDPR.

Shralla
21st Mar 2013, 04:21
While i would buy it as a DLC, i think that the changes they made fall under the category of a patch, so they shouldn't charge for it.

This, except I wouldn't buy it. If we don't get these improvements for free, I'm never trusting EM again.

neonfish
21st Mar 2013, 06:10
After feedback from all the loyal and hardcore fans (PC) they created the ULTIMATE BEST version for kids who own nintendo consoles. What a Scumbag thing to do Eidos !!!

ZakKa89
21st Mar 2013, 07:18
I ain't mad. Would like to play it but I'd rather have a new deus ex game.

JCpies
21st Mar 2013, 07:32
Okay, I was about to go on about how we don't need no crappy gimmicks, but then I read about the actual content.

Just disappointed I won't get to play the revamped battles and the audio commentary.

OH WELL.

Shralla
21st Mar 2013, 07:55
I'm more interested in the rebalanced energy system and ability to toss grenades back.

And why it wasn't included in a patch like a year ago.

Darthassin
21st Mar 2013, 08:32
Dear Eidos Montreal,

You have created a brilliant game with some flaws.

Your fans that played the game on PC, PS3 and XBox360 gave you the feedback and constructive critisism.

You fixed the game and that is very good thing.

But, ffs, if you make the Director's Cut Wii U exclusive, 95% of DXHR fans will be left behind.

I bought DXHR + all the DLCs on Steam - and I consider myself to be a hardcore dxhr fan.

I don't want to buy Wii U just for this game - it isn't cheap in my country.

So think about your fans Eidos, please. Look at CD Projekt RED, look how much respect they gained for giving all the additions and fixes for free.

Think about it.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 10:42
^ What he said.

Ashpolt
21st Mar 2013, 11:05
I'd like it if they released this as a free update for the previous versions (at least, to people who own TML: charge the asking price for that if not.) XCOM (oh God I love XCOM) did this with The Second Wave patch, and it was great.

That said, given that it sounds like they've put a fair amount of effort into updating the boss battles, so I think it'd be fair to charge a sensible amount for this as DLC. I think it'd be acceptable to structure the prices like this:

-Director's Cut DLC if you already own Tong's Rescue / TML: $5
-Director's Cut DLC + all DLC: $10
-Director's Cut standalone game, boxed (non-WiiU version): $25.

Ilves
21st Mar 2013, 11:29
If Nintendo forked over the development costs for the Director's Cut then how realistic is it to think we'll ever see this revamp on any other platform but the Wii U?

I have now idea how these type of business deals are negotiated though, so who knows.

ZakKa89
21st Mar 2013, 12:26
I actually expect another DLC with new content including this update.
We still haven't seen neo montreal you know, and that map was supposedly allmost done before they cut it. It was also one of the areas that one of the dev's was most proud about.

So no way we won't see montreal. DLC incoming

Darthassin
21st Mar 2013, 13:20
I actually expect another DLC with new content including this update.
We still haven't seen neo montreal you know, and that map was supposedly allmost done before they cut it. It was also one of the areas that one of the dev's was most proud about.

So no way we won't see montreal. DLC incoming

I think you are wrong. They said that Director's Cut is the Ultimated Edition of the game.

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 14:00
i really don't see how they could POSSIBLY prevent all of the people who made their game a success (meaning... everyone who bought it thus far... all of which did not play on a WiiU... most of which don't even own one now)... from playing an "ultimate edition". it would be a blatant eff you to us. I point that out because, based on how well they served us fans... i give them a huge benefit of the doubt. I feel confident that after Nintendo gets their time as the exclusive bearer of the DXHR Ultimate edition, we'll get our shot to see all they have improved.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 14:16
I point that out because, based on how well they served us fans... i give them a huge benefit of the doubt.

Because of all those times they have listened to us...oh wait...

I feel confident that after Nintendo gets their time as the exclusive bearer of the DXHR Ultimate edition, we'll get our shot to see all they have improved.

If we actually get it for free I would finally have some respect for EM.

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 14:16
Because I would love me some improvements, especially in the "boss fight" category.

Nintendo has probably paid for exclusivity on that content, just like they did with Bayonetta.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 15:01
Nintendo has probably paid for exclusivity on that content, just like they did with Bayonetta.

Nintendo publishes second Bayonetta game, that's why it's exclusive.

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 15:36
Nintendo publishes second Bayonetta game, that's why it's exclusive.

No, they publish it because they've paid for its exclusivity. Not the other way around.

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 15:41
Because of all those times they have listened to us...oh wait...

so you're saying EM didn't serve us well? How exactly?

also... weird that you're on their forum.

Spyhopping
21st Mar 2013, 16:25

I fail to understand your logic. Why do you think EM should be giving out free games?

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 16:51
I fail to understand your logic. Why do you think EM should be giving out free games?

I think he was talking about upgrading the game to the Director's Cut for those who already have it for free, not giving it away for free.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 16:56
so you're saying EM didn't serve us well? How exactly?

also... weird that you're on their forum.

Why I'm on this forum? Because I like the vast majority of the people here and I like discussing the game.

EM made a good game but a mediocre Deus Ex game. They've completely ignored the forum that they said they would take an active interest in and they lied to us/didn't fully inform us about many aspects of the game.

What else has EM done? Made multiplayer for the first Tomb Raider game that I have had no interest in whatsoever, and are in the process of making a Thief game that many of the hardcore fans are unhappy about.

Sorry but they haven't earnt my trust yet so I won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that for people who own DXHR+TML they should offer the content from the Director's Cut for free as an act of good faith. Look at what CDPR did with The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Stellazira
21st Mar 2013, 17:42
So I may have missed/misunderstood something, but is the Director's Cut a WiiU exclusive?

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 17:46
So I may have missed/misunderstood something, but is the Director's Cut a WiiU exclusive?

Yes.

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 17:50
If Nin has exclusive rights we won't see the content on any other format until the rights expire. The other issue is where the development took place. If EM revamped the boss fights, improved the AI, etc and then gave that to the guys doing the Nin version, we *may* see the content. If however, the outsourced team were responsible for revisions, we most likely won't see the content.

Spyhopping
21st Mar 2013, 18:13
I think he was talking about upgrading the game to the Director's Cut for those who already have it for free, not giving it away for free.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that for people who own DXHR+TML they should offer the content from the Director's Cut for free as an act of good faith. Look at what CDPR did with The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Righty, gotcha. Wasn't paying attention. It would be nice, but then I suppose half of the point of this is the endorsement of the game on a new platform. A lot of the updates look like they aren't going to be any use except on the WiiU. It'd be good if they eventually make the relevant updates available somehow as DLC, even if it isn't free.

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 18:54
Why I'm on this forum? Because I like the vast majority of the people here and I like discussing the game.

EM made a good game but a mediocre Deus Ex game. They've completely ignored the forum that they said they would take an active interest in and they lied to us/didn't fully inform us about many aspects of the game.

What else has EM done? Made multiplayer for the first Tomb Raider game that I have had no interest in whatsoever, and are in the process of making a Thief game that many of the hardcore fans are unhappy about.

Sorry but they haven't earnt my trust yet so I won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't ask you why.

They didn't ignore the forum (just beause they didn't bow to us does not mean they didn't listen AND react... making highlighting optional is the most obvious example)

there's NO way to say that the thief community iscategorically unhappy. some are, some aren't. i'm there, i'm a hardcore thief fan... and hey... so far i'm basically happy.

so you have a greivance with them that they made something you're not interested?

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 19:26
I didn't ask you why.

They didn't ignore the forum (just beause they didn't bow to us does not mean they didn't listen AND react... making highlighting optional is the most obvious example)

there's NO way to say that the thief community iscategorically unhappy. some are, some aren't. i'm there, i'm a hardcore thief fan... and hey... so far i'm basically happy.

so you have a greivance with them that they made something you're not interested?

Agreed.

Zoet
21st Mar 2013, 19:50
I hope that the updated version does make it to the other platforms as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't possible to deliver said new content in an update or DLC, seeing as it wasn't possible to integrate TML DLC into the main game.
Perhaps a directors cut version will be a re-release on all platforms, maybe even for next-gen systems.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 20:15
I hope that the updated version does make it to the other platforms as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't possible to deliver said new content in an update or DLC, seeing as it wasn't possible to integrate TML DLC into the main game.
Perhaps a directors cut version will be a re-release on all platforms, maybe even for next-gen systems.

I think TML DLC not being integrating is a question of convenience, not possibility - would you love to play the whole game again just to get to that part? I don't think so.

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 20:19
I think TML DLC not being integrating is a question of convenience, not possibility - would you love to play the whole game again just to get to that part? I don't think so.

If memory serves me correctly, when asked about it, the replies we were given were "It isn't possible."

It's like 5 or more hours of gameplay right? Yes, I'd do it. In fact, I do it all the time with ME DLC. As soon as I get a new ME DLC I start the game from scratch.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 20:26
If memory serves me correctly, when asked about it, the replies we were given were "It isn't possible."

It's like 5 or more hours of gameplay right? Yes, I'd do it. In fact, I do it all the time with ME DLC. As soon as I get a new ME DLC I start the game from scratch.
Oh yeah. It's not like they could be not entirely honest with us, right?
3 hours as my steam stats show. Well, not everyone would. Besides, it's pretty far in the game.

Jerion
21st Mar 2013, 20:39
3 hours as my steam stats show. Well, not everyone would. Besides, it's pretty far in the game.

Technically speaking there were some under-the-hood improvements -- most likely to do with shaders, though I'm not really familiar with them -- that would have prevent directly dropping in the content at the time. They probably could have hacked a solution together at the time but that would have meant even more QA, and thus even more time and money. It would seem though that they've gone and solved that issue by simply applying those improvements everywhere else as well for this bigger launch on the Wii U.

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 20:43

Have they not been honest with us so far? I like to give people and companies the benefit of the doubt until they piss me off.

3 hours as my steam stats show.

Some people here put it at that mark. Some said it was four hours. Some said it was five. I don't have it, btw. I was going to purchase it but when I saw it had to be played from the title screen, and wasn't like Tong's mission (which I do have) I decided not to buy it.

Well, not everyone would. Besides, it's pretty far in the game.

That's not an issue with me.

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 20:43

i think i recall that "it isn't possible" thing to have been in reference to the idea of having TML integrate when you purcase it... as in... you used to have vanilla DXHR and then you download TML. seemed to me it was a technical thing of getting the DLC to insert into the game at the end user stage.... which didn't exclude it from being possible. main reason i think would have to be that you have different augs at the end of TML than you did before you started it...

oh yeah, how are they going to solve the issue of augs at that stage of the game? because many players would be far more augged up at that point than TML allows for...

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 20:49
i think i recall that "it isn't possible" thing to have been in reference to the idea of having TML integrate when you purcase it... as in... you used to have vanilla DXHR and then you download TML.

Isn't that what we're talking about? TML not being able to integrate when you purchase it?

seemed to me it was a technical thing of getting the DLC to insert into the game at the end user stage.... which didn't exclude it from being possible.

Huh? Please expound. I'm having a bit of trouble following this so clarity is in order.

main reason i think would have to be that you have different augs at the end of TML than you did before you started it...

Main reason is there is something else going on in the software/coding side that prohibits them from doing it. From what I've been told, and what I've read, TML is how the entire game should have been (graphics included.)

oh yeah, how are they going to solve the issue of augs at that stage of the game? because many players would be far more augged up at that point than TML allows for...

Doesn't TML strip you of your augs anyway?

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 20:59
Isn't that what we're talking about? TML not being able to integrate when you purchase it?

Huh? Please expound. I'm having a bit of trouble following this so clarity is in order.

Main reason is there is something else going on in the software/coding side that prohibits them from doing it. From what I've been told, and what I've read, TML is how the entire game should have been (graphics included.)

Doesn't TML strip you of your augs anyway?right right right. i'm unclear.

it might clear it up for me to say that I was working on the assumption that for us non Wii people, we'd either have to buy the full ultimate edition in order to get the extra stuff. SO i was attempting to say that prior to retooling the whole vanilla game to the upgrades taht TML featured, it was impossible ot integrate them.

I assumed you meant that EM categorically couldn't do it.

on the other thing...
TML does strip you of your augs, but after TML when you get to the ranch... many players would be underpowered because TML doesn't allow you to get as powered up by that point in the game as you could leading up to the TML section.

EliParker
21st Mar 2013, 21:14
These additions needs to come for the PC/PS3/Xbox 360. By doing this Edios Montreal will earn alot of respect from the fanbase, possible a uptick on sales, and these updates can possibly be used for any future game in the Deus Ex series.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 21:15
I think they'll simply omit the "stripped out of augs" thing, which was there only because TML wouldn't read your saves and determine what your augs were at that moment in the game.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 21:24
I didn't ask you why.

You wrote that it was weird. I explained that it's not so strange.

I was almost hoping you would bring this up. They didn't listen to the forum. We had problems with it for a while if I remember. They only made it optional when practically the whole internet (hyperbole) blew up about it.

The comments about making it more action oriented and about not playing as a thief don't bother you? Or the highlighting? Or the detective mode? Or the takedowns?

I like Tomb Raider games - up until now I have been excited for all of them (I'm aware that CD made the single player for the new TR not EM). EM made a multiplayer mode that nobody wanted and, from what I have read, is largely pointless. I'm saying that, for me, (everything I say is obviously only my opinion) EM have done nothing to honour the IPs on which they have worked so why would I give them the benefit of the doubt?

InGroove2
21st Mar 2013, 21:46
You wrote that it was weird. I explained that it's not so strange.

I was almost hoping you would bring this up. They didn't listen to the forum. We had problems with it for a while if I remember. They only made it optional when practically the whole internet (hyperbole) blew up about it.

The comments about making it more action oriented and about not playing as a thief don't bother you? Or the highlighting? Or the detective mode? Or the takedowns?

I like Tomb Raider games - up until now I have been excited for all of them (I'm aware that CD made the single player for the new TR not EM). EM made a multiplayer mode that nobody wanted and, from what I have read, is largely pointless. I'm saying that, for me, (everything I say is obviously only my opinion) EM have done nothing to honour the IPs on which they have worked so why would I give them the benefit of the doubt?

"weird"... was mostly a rhetorical

as for thief... as it was with DX... it's is totally unreasonable to think that a modern game company at this level could step so far outside the boundaries of what's popular, mechanic-wise or visually, to produce the kind of thief or DX game people like us would "Dream of". i would love it if they took the metal age as it was and improved the graphics, gave us a great story and added elements and depth with out interfereing with the purity of that kind of experience...

really what i object to is your assertion that "they've done nothing". The fine points have been debated. but it's a little over-the-fan-boy-top to say they did "nothing" to honor deus ex. i've played the original relentlessly (almost solely) since 2002... and at this point i can't think of one without thinking of the other. is DX honored? i don't think there's any room to say that NOTHING in DXHR honors the original. i would argue that tonnnnnns of stuff does.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 22:11
i don't think there's any room to say that NOTHING in DXHR honors the original. i would argue that tonnnnnns of stuff does.

Perhaps it would have been fairer for me to say "they didn't do enough to honour DX". It felt like DXHR had been made by someone who had been told about DX ("oh, you can play stealthy or shooty, you can hack, there's conspiracy") but hadn't actually played it. It just felt so...designed.

Edit ~ Whilst IW was a worse game than HR, for me, it did a better job of evoking the original game.

Tverdyj
21st Mar 2013, 22:41

as for thief... as it was with DX... it's is totally unreasonable to think that a modern game company at this level could step so far outside the boundaries of what's popular, mechanic-wise or visually, to produce the kind of thief or DX game people like us would "Dream of". i would love it if they took the metal age as it was and improved the graphics, gave us a great story and added elements and depth with out interfereing with the purity of that kind of experience...

Let me present to you exhibit A: CDPRed

your argument is invalid.

Stellazira
22nd Mar 2013, 00:43
Yes.

Well that's disappointing to hear. :(

I own the game on PC and PS3... so I'm sad.

InGroove2
22nd Mar 2013, 14:19

i'm definitely not cool enough to know what you're talking about.

KenTWOu
22nd Mar 2013, 14:49

+1 Also these Ultimate Edition features also prove that they didn't ignore the forum.

3 hours as my steam stats show.
I've spent 15 hours. And another 15 for the second Ghost/Factory Zero walkthrough.

Seriously, CDProjekt isn't a game company only, they're are publishers too (kinda like Valve), that's why they have enough resources to make such enormously cool updates for PC crowd. The exception that proves the rule.

Tverdyj
22nd Mar 2013, 17:40
Seriously, CDProjekt isn't a game company only, they're are publishers too (kinda like Valve), that's why they have enough resources to make such enormously cool updates for PC crowd. The exception that proves the rule.

CD Project Red is a studio, that's affiliated with the publisher (CDProject). CDP has the resources coming in from running GOG

Eidos Montreal is one of the developer studios under a publisher (formerly Eidos, now Squeeenix). Squeeenix controls Japanese market with an iron, Final Fantasy-shaped grip. Arguably, their market is x times bigger than CDP's, because consoles.

Both studios COULD make games that defy market conventions. Only one does. CDP also sells its stuff DRM-free (in fact, it's at the helm of the "DRM-free" movement), whereas even Valve doesn't do that.

Count D
23rd Mar 2013, 01:17
Indeed. With the kind of money they have, Squenix can pull the "free patch to Enhanced Edition for every customer" with almost every game they make.
I've spent 15 hours. And another 15 for the second Ghost/Factory Zero walkthrough.Well, frak, how did you manage to spend whopping 30 hours in TLM? My several combined attempts at beating the game itself took 35 hours with one full walkthrough and you spend 30 hours in TLM alone?

VectorM
23rd Mar 2013, 23:18

They are giving you more of an option to actually fight, but DON'T need to. You can not kill anyone if you want.

The rest doesn't bother me at all.

lowenz
24th Mar 2013, 19:45
I'm reading the new features.

I'll buy DXHR AGAIN if there will be a PC edition, i want it SO BAD :|

besyuziki
28th Mar 2013, 20:38
I wouldn't go far as to buy the game again for full price, that's really crazy, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay for a -fairly priced- Director's Cut update on PC.

But between all the issues of the vanilla game (remember all the consecutive mini patches to take care of stuttering and miscellaneous hardware incompatibility with ten million processors and video cards in the market, also they said it's impossible to integrate The Missing Link into the game) and the involvement of another group, Nixxes, it seems to be a long shot.

Tverdyj
31st Mar 2013, 22:36
I wouldn't go far as to buy the game again for full price, that's really crazy, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay for a -fairly priced- Director's Cut update on PC.

But between all the issues of the vanilla game (remember all the consecutive mini patches to take care of stuttering and miscellaneous hardware incompatibility with ten million processors and video cards in the market, also they said it's impossible to integrate The Missing Link into the game) and the involvement of another group, Nixxes, it seems to be a long shot.

Nixxes were always involved. They did the original PC port, and they do a lot of porting work for Squeeeenix

EliParker
3rd Apr 2013, 04:01
Why isn't Eidos not releasing an update of the Director's Cut on the PC? If they can't do that, can they at least resell the game under greatest hits for 29.99 or 24.99.

Doom972
5th Apr 2013, 20:13
If they won't update the other versions with the new features (the ones that are applicable of course), it would be disrespectful and dishonest. The fans of the game already bought it for other platforms, and we will either have to buy it again (if they even bought a WiiU - I bet most haven't and won't), or we won't get to play it the best version of the game.

I don't want to give the slightest encouragement to this practice, so I won't buy another Eidos Montreal game, if they won't update the other versions for free.

HERESY
5th Apr 2013, 20:39
If they won't update the other versions with the new features (the ones that are applicable of course), it would be disrespectful and dishonest. The fans of the game already bought it for other platforms, and we will either have to buy it again (if they even bought a WiiU - I bet most haven't and won't), or we won't get to play it the best version of the game.

I don't want to give the slightest encouragement to this practice, so I won't buy another Eidos Montreal game, if they won't update the other versions for free.

New products and revisions are released all the time. It is what it is. I didn't complain when the new 360's came out. They had bigger hd's and built in wifi. I didn't complain when Sony released PS3 slims. The game is around two years old, so if they want to revise it and sell it they have the right to do so. You have the right to not purchase it. I want the new features and I want the REAL Human Revolution experience and I understand what you're saying, but you won't get to play the best version unless you play the Wii U version.

Doom972
6th Apr 2013, 10:03
New products and revisions are released all the time. It is what it is. I didn't complain when the new 360's came out. They had bigger hd's and built in wifi. I didn't complain when Sony released PS3 slims. The game is around two years old, so if they want to revise it and sell it they have the right to do so. You have the right to not purchase it. I want the new features and I want the REAL Human Revolution experience and I understand what you're saying, but you won't get to play the best version unless you play the Wii U version.

I know I'm not going to play the best version unless I play the Wii U version - that's what I'm complaining about. The additions can and should be added to the PC version, and I'm almost sure that the X-box 360 and PS3 can handle the new additions with the possible exception of graphical enhancements.

Screwing over the actual fans of the game (who already have their copies on the PC, PS3, and X-box 360) and making the best version of it exclusive to the WiiU is disrespecful and dishonest. Do they have the right? Yes, they aren't doing something illegal. You know what else is legal? Boycotting a developer who screws over its game's fanbase.

CyberP
6th Apr 2013, 11:13
it's is totally unreasonable to think that a modern game company at this level could step so far outside the boundaries of what's popular, mechanic-wise or visually, to produce the kind of thief or DX game people like us would "Dream of".

You forgot FROM SOFTWARE. Though they've been around for years they were never popular until Dark Souls. Give credit where it's due :)

Count D
6th Apr 2013, 17:41
You forgot FROM SOFTWARE. Though they've been around for years they were never popular until Dark Souls. Give credit where it's due :)

I haven't heard of FROM SOFTWARE making Enhanced Editions of their games and offering those, who bought the original editions patches that turn regular editions into EEs. CDPRed did this twice.
New products and revisions are released all the time. It is what it is. I didn't complain when the new 360's came out. They had bigger hd's and built in wifi. I didn't complain when Sony released PS3 slims. The game is around two years old, so if they want to revise it and sell it they have the right to do so. You have the right to not purchase it. I want the new features and I want the REAL Human Revolution experience and I understand what you're saying, but you won't get to play the best version unless you play the Wii U version.I wouldn't be mad if it was a paid DLC, I'd understand that, those additions did cost money to make, alright. But exclusivity to Wii U? This is bulldung. It's like making Xbox 360 Elite exclusive to England, not Europe, just England, and have the rest of the world buy old RROD-prone models.

Shralla
6th Apr 2013, 17:55
What bothers me is that it isn't just "additions," it's literal improvements to the game. They're literally admitting they shipped a broken game, and that the only way to get the "fixed" version is to pay $50 for it on a crappy console with a crappy controller?

Most of this stuff is things that you would put in patches. And like I've been complaining about, all this is coming when there are still core issues that haven't been fixed about the versions that are already out there.

CyberP
6th Apr 2013, 19:24
@Kud: Huh? In2Groove said this:

To which you responded with the following:

Then I said "Dont forget FROM SOFTWARE".
to which you replied:

I haven't heard of FROM SOFTWARE making Enhanced Editions of their games and offering those, who bought the original editions patches that turn regular editions into EEs. CDPRed did this twice..

....What the hell?

Unless you were just trying to prove that CDPRed are the "better" studio and your fanboyism is eternal? I really don't care, I already know CDPRed are a great studio.

HERESY
6th Apr 2013, 21:13
I know I'm not going to play the best version unless I play the Wii U version - that's what I'm complaining about. The additions can and should be added to the PC version, and I'm almost sure that the X-box 360 and PS3 can handle the new additions with the possible exception of graphical enhancements.

Screwing over the actual fans of the game (who already have their copies on the PC, PS3, and X-box 360) and making the best version of it exclusive to the WiiU is disrespecful and dishonest. Do they have the right? Yes, they aren't doing something illegal. You know what else is legal? Boycotting a developer who screws over its game's fanbase.

Vote with your wallet.

Personally, I don't feel they screwed me over as they did this years later. It took them two years to straighten things out and now, unfortunately, we aren't going to get the additions.

Count D
6th Apr 2013, 22:21
@Kud:
[snip]
Unless you were just trying to prove that CDPRed are the "better" studio and your fanboyism is eternal? I really don't care, I already know CDPRed are a great studio.

Errr, actually I said the last one, not kud. I was wondering what does From Software have to do with enhanced editions. I'm not hating on them or anything, just curious.

CyberP
6th Apr 2013, 22:32
Errr, actually I said the last one, not kud. I was wondering what does From Software have to do with enhanced editions. I'm not hating on them or anything, just curious.

Nothing, but I never said they did.

@Count D: In2Groove said this:

as for thief... as it was with DX... it's is totally unreasonable to think that a modern game company at this level could step so far outside the boundaries of what's popular, mechanic-wise or visually, to produce the kind of
thief or DX game people like us would "Dream of". i would love it if they took the metal age as it was and improved the graphics, gave us a great story and added elements and depth with out interfereing with the purity of that kind of experience...

To which Kud responded with the following:

Then I said "Dont forget FROM SOFTWARE".
to which you (count D) replied:

I haven't heard of FROM SOFTWARE making Enhanced Editions of their games and offering those, who bought the original editions patches that turn regular editions into EEs. CDPRed did this twice..

....What the hell, Count D? :lol:

Count D
6th Apr 2013, 23:56
....What the hell, Count D? :lol:

He presented an example of a company patching old versions to Enhanced Editions for free. You said "Don't forget FROM SOFTWARE". I asked when did From Software did that.

HERESY
7th Apr 2013, 00:02
I don't recall them doing that with any of the Armored Core games.

vallux
7th Apr 2013, 13:40
Didn't console owners of Dark Souls get the additional PC content as DLC?

Doom972
7th Apr 2013, 19:21
Didn't console owners of Dark Souls get the additional PC content as DLC?

They did: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/24/dark-souls-dlc-finally-hits-xbox-360-playstation-3.aspx

Exclusivity among a game's fanbase isn't good for anyone but the console makers, who I don't really care for.

HERESY
7th Apr 2013, 20:36
Owners of the console version of Gears of War never got the content the PC owners did.

Doom972
7th Apr 2013, 22:04
Owners of the console version of Gears of War never got the content the PC owners did.

That's another good example of screwing customers over. Your point is?

HERESY
8th Apr 2013, 01:52
That's another good example of screwing customers over. Your point is?

My point is they weren't screwed over because it came years after the game was released. Same with the updates to HR. The game is going on three years old now, if they can't offer the upgrades/updates as DLC or aren't willing to release a new stand alone version, move on.

You either get a Wii U or you miss out. Your choice.

Doom972
8th Apr 2013, 04:31
My point is they weren't screwed over because it came years after the game was released. Same with the updates to HR. The game is going on three years old now, if they can't offer the upgrades/updates as DLC or aren't willing to release a new stand alone version, move on.

You either get a Wii U or you miss out. Your choice.

I already said that I would just never buy another Eidos Montreal game - maybe not even another Square-Enix game if it happens. I find it unforgivable, and I hope that others will remember it when Thief 4 comes out.

HERESY
8th Apr 2013, 04:46
I already said that I would just never buy another Eidos Montreal game - maybe not even another Square-Enix game if it happens. I find it unforgivable, and I hope that others will remember it when Thief 4 comes out.

I already said vote with your wallet. IMHO, the company didn't pull a Bethesda, so I'll purchase Thief 4 if I like what I see. :)

Count D
8th Apr 2013, 17:37
I already said vote with your wallet. IMHO, the company didn't pull a Bethesda, so I'll purchase Thief 4 if I like what I see. :)

Pull a Bethesda? The hell is that supposed to mean?

Bethesda, for one, doesn't screw their customers with on-disc DLC and day-one DLC.

68_pie
8th Apr 2013, 19:25

Bethesda, for one, doesn't screw their customers with on-disc DLC and day-one DLC.

Well Bethesda do ruin beloved franchises so I'd say EM did pull a Bethesda.

HERESY
8th Apr 2013, 21:36

Bethesda released Skyrim for the PS3 even though they knew the game was broken. The PS3 version just got fixed a couple of months back so Bethesda isn't exactly the bastion of quality and customer service. I could have purchased Skyrim for the 360 (I own a PS3 as well) but I opted to not purchase because I didn't like how they handled the fiasco. I did, however, purchase Dish and I did that for $25 new.

@68 Pie, stop whining. EM didn't ruin any franchises. They're the ones who saved the "Deus Ex" franchise and you need to release your emotional attachment to ED. Seriously, many of you are coming off as petulant children and it's not fair to those of us who respect the game and respect EM for providing us with a game that has sold millions of units, earned many awards and praise from reviewers and the industry. It's not fair to EM either as you guys are the minority. If you don't like EM, or what they've done with the franchise you can vote with your wallet. Better yet, you can form your own game company, hit kickstarter and attempt to make a game you feel fans of the original deserve. You've been whining for going on three years now, spend your time being more productive or leave it alone.

Count D
8th Apr 2013, 22:05
Well Bethesda do ruin beloved franchises so I'd say EM did pull a Bethesda.

Alright, and what beloved franchise did Bethesda ruin? Elder Scrolls? Last time I checked, TES is doing better than ever (and if you're going to tell me that Morrowind was the best game in the series, I'm going to point at you and laugh). Fallout? Again, doing better than ever - in fact, Fallout was saved from the depths of awfulness Interplay has put it in after 1998. Remember that Brotherhood of Steel thing on Xbox? I sure do. Doom? Result of id Software's own current incompetence.

What franchises did EM ruin? Sure not Deus Ex, since they only resurrected the franchise after Invisible War killed it off. I don't hate IW, but it's really damn barebones for a Deus Ex game. Thief? The damn thing didn't even come out yet.
Bethesda released Skyrim for the PS3 even though they knew the game was broken. The PS3 version just got fixed a couple of months back so Bethesda isn't exactly the bastion of quality and customer service. I could have purchased Skyrim for the 360 (I own a PS3 as well) but I opted to not purchase because I didn't like how they handled the fiasco. I did, however, purchase Dish and I did that for $25 new.Yeah, they aren't angels, but they did fix the damn thing, eventually. It took a helluva time, but they did. When did EM do that?

HERESY
8th Apr 2013, 22:18
Yeah, they aren't angels, but they did fix the damn thing, eventually. It took a helluva time, but they did. When did EM do that?

When did EM need to do it? I know Shralla said something about some problems and I said if that were the case they should address those issues.

Tverdyj
8th Apr 2013, 22:20
EM already showed they could patch extra content into the game when they started selling Tong Mission as DLC add-on that fits into the main campaign. No reason they can't do the same with the boss battles, esp given the game requires Steam to run anyhow. They could just update it to the Director's cut.

Doom972
8th Apr 2013, 22:29
When did EM need to do it? I know Shralla said something about some problems and I said if that were the case they should address those issues.

They admitted that they outsourced the boss fights, and that is was a bad idea (and said nothing about correcting it). They also said that The Missing Link COULDN'T be intergrated into the game. It seems that they were able to pull it off, but since we (walking wallets) already gave them our money, they seem to just ignore us (since no statement about it being exclusive or not has been issued yet), hoping that some of us will buy the game again for another console (and probably the console itself) to be able to play the proper version of the game.

Yes, the standards for customer satisfaction are low in this industry, because gamers tend to defend developers out of fear that their games will be taken away - but I expect high standards from the guys who brought back Deus Ex, both as a fan of the franchise and as a customer.

HERESY
9th Apr 2013, 01:09
They admitted that they outsourced the boss fights, and that is was a bad idea (and said nothing about correcting it).

Because, technically, it doesn't need correction. They wanted to change the boss fights and they did, but that doesn't mean we're entitled to the content for free. It also doesn't mean they need to sell it to previous owners for a small fee.

They also said that The Missing Link COULDN'T be intergrated into the game.

And they were being truthful.

It seems that they were able to pull it off, but since we (walking wallets) already gave them our money, they seem to just ignore us (since no statement about it being exclusive or not has been issued yet), hoping that some of us will buy the game again for another console (and probably the console itself) to be able to play the proper version of the game.

Based on what I've read, they basically rebuilt the game from the ground up (in order to include TML and other features.) With that being said there are probably some tech issues that prevented them from doing it.

Yes, the standards for customer satisfaction are low in this industry, because gamers tend to defend developers out of fear that their games will be taken away - but I expect high standards from the guys who brought back Deus Ex, both as a fan of the franchise and as a customer.

Vote with your wallet. I don't like the way they handled TML nor do I like the price so guess what? I didn't purchase it.

Shralla
9th Apr 2013, 02:07
The game is going on three years old now

The game isn't even TWO years old yet.

HERESY
9th Apr 2013, 03:04
The game isn't even TWO years old yet.

One year, two years, three years, whatever. The point is the game is over a year old and there is no reason to keep expecting them to fix anything or provide us with additional content for free or for a fee.

Count D
9th Apr 2013, 08:41
And they were being truthful.Also, stupid. Who is going to throw away story integrity so they could have a couple of hours of gameplay with slightly better graphics?

HERESY
9th Apr 2013, 20:31
Also, stupid. Who is going to throw away story integrity so they could have a couple of hours of gameplay with slightly better graphics?

I believe "stupid" may be too strong of a word. Misguided? I'd agree. Still, I don't know when they decided to develop it, why they decided to develop it, etc. They may have thought they could have patched the entire game with updated graphics, realized it couldn't be done but decided to sell the TML anyway. I have no clue and I don't think they ever gave an answer for it.

Doom972
10th Apr 2013, 20:40
Because, technically, it doesn't need correction. They wanted to change the boss fights and they did, but that doesn't mean we're entitled to the content for free. It also doesn't mean they need to sell it to previous owners for a small fee.

Whether or not it needs an improvement, or whether or not we deserve that improvement at no extra charge (which doesn't mean free, since we already paid for the game), is for us, the customers to decide. I can't speak for you, but I speak for myself and others who feel like me.

And they were being truthful.

They obviously weren't. The Director's Cut has it intergrated.

Based on what I've read, they basically rebuilt the game from the ground up (in order to include TML and other features.) With that being said there are probably some tech issues that prevented them from doing it.

That just sounds like a weak excuse. If they already went through the process of doing it with one version, doing it for the rest shouldn't take nearly the same effort.

Vote with your wallet. I don't like the way they handled TML nor do I like the price so guess what? I didn't purchase it.

I will, and I support your decision not to buy TML and the reasoning behind it - even though I like TML.

HERESY
11th Apr 2013, 01:49
Whether or not it needs an improvement, or whether or not we deserve that improvement at no extra charge (which doesn't mean free, since we already paid for the game), is for us, the customers to decide.

Actually it isn't up for you to decide. It's up to the ,shareholders, publishers and devs to decide. It's up to those with the resources to decide and by resources I mean manpower, time, budget and equipment.

I can't speak for you, but I speak for myself and others who feel like me.

And where exactly has that gotten and of you? I'm not saying they shouldn't give us the content, I believe they should, but if they don't give it to us I'm cool with it. From a business perspective I can see why they aren't doing it. They're trying to establish their franchises on a new console and with that comes a multitude of sacrifices.

They obviously weren't. The Director's Cut has it intergrated.

I already addressed this.

That just sounds like a weak excuse. If they already went through the process of doing it with one version, doing it for the rest shouldn't take nearly the same effort.

Listen, things are not as simple as you would like to believe. You can have something running on one platform that is running totally stupid on another platform. Again, look at Skyrim as a prime example of such things.

I will, and I support your decision not to buy TML and the reasoning behind it - even though I like TML.

Did you purchase it? If so, why did you purchase it knowing it wasn't integrated within the game?

Doom972
11th Apr 2013, 20:11
Actually it isn't up for you to decide. It's up to the ,shareholders, publishers and devs to decide. It's up to those with the resources to decide and by resources I mean manpower, time, budget and equipment.

That's the decision of how to do it, not whether or not they should. They could decide for themselves, but they also have to keep in mind what their customers expect from them if they want to stay in business - that's why it's for the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting

And where exactly has that gotten and of you? I'm not saying they shouldn't give us the content, I believe they should, but if they don't give it to us I'm cool with it. From a business perspective I can see why they aren't doing it. They're trying to establish their franchises on a new console and with that comes a multitude of sacrifices.

I leave it to them to figure out the best way to give us the content. I don't see why YOU should look for reasons why they CAN'T do it, when they can just give us a statement - if it makes sense, and they would make it up for us in some way, I might see it their way - I won't be convinced just because a forum member made up some excuses.

Listen, things are not as simple as you would like to believe. You can have something running on one platform that is running totally stupid on another platform. Again, look at Skyrim as a prime example of such things.

Again, I don't understand why you are making excuses for them. They'll figure it out - not my problem.

Did you purchase it? If so, why did you purchase it knowing it wasn't integrated within the game?

Actually, I didn't know that it was stand-alone when I purchased it. When I read about them saying that it wasn't possible, I took their word for it. With the Director's Cut having it integrated into the game, I can't really trust their word. Now when they say "we can't", I read it as "we don't feel like wasting our time and money on you, you already bought the game".

HERESY
11th Apr 2013, 20:50
That's the decision of how to do it, not whether or not they should.

Incorrect. Whether they do it or not is NOT up to YOU or anyone else. It is up to the company. This isn't Kickstarter or some other crowdfunding type of deal. YOU don't decide what they should or shouldn't do. Did you provide them with a budget? Absolutely not, the budget is one of the first things that has to be ironed out before a project even begins and it doesn't involve fans.

They could decide for themselves, but they also have to keep in mind what their customers expect from them if they want to stay in business - that's why it's for the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting

Fans of Capcom have been pleading for a new Darkstalkers for years. Where is it? Fans have been pleading with Kojima for a new ZOE (not the hd remakes) where is it? They're still in business right? Yes. Why? Because they have other IP's/franchises and don't rely on one. Oh, and how long have fans of FF7 asked for a HD remake or a new FF7 game? YEARS. The company is still in business right? Yes, we're here aren't we?

Bug issues aside, there was nothing that was technically wrong with the game. There were questionable design choices, but there was nothing that you were short changed nor were you mislead. Now if the company says, "Hey, we can improve here lets do it" and they did it as a result from fan feedback or internal feedback it's on them. However, if they say that and the bean counters in ACCOUNTING say, "We're sorry, but we can't do that because there is no budget and we can't devote the manpower" then what?

I leave it to them to figure out the best way to give us the content.

So why are you questioning them?

I don't see why YOU should look for reasons why they CAN'T do it, when they can just give us a statement - if it makes sense, and they would make it up for us in some way, I might see it their way - I won't be convinced just because a forum member made up some excuses.

They've already explained it with TML. Any person with an inkling of how content creation works should be able to grasp what I'm saying. I'm not making excuses for anyone. They don't need to make up for anything because, technically, they didn't do anything wrong. Do you think the BBB or any consumer advocate group would take your complaint seriously?

Again, I don't understand why you are making excuses for them. They'll figure it out - not my problem.

I'm not making excuses. If they'll figure it out and it's not your problem why are you whining about it?

Actually, I didn't know that it was stand-alone when I purchased it.

In the future practice consumer awareness. When I found out about TML I came here and made a thread and posts asking if it was integrated in the main game or stand alone. I was told it wasn't integrated into the main game. Guess what? I didn't purchase it. I didn't make thread after thread or post after post whining about it. I simply didn't buy it.

When I read about them saying that it wasn't possible, I took their word for it. With the Director's Cut having it integrated into the game, I can't really trust their word.

What part of them remaking the game do you not understand? What part of different platform do you not understand? If there is something that prohibited them from doing it in the other versions, but they are able to do it now on a NEW platform, why are you saying you can't really trust their word? Have you considered the possibility that now they have the appropriate resources to do it? For all we know it could have been a serious coding issue that absolutely prevented them from doing it. But since you have no idea about anything related to content creation, you'll just assume the company is trying to jerk you around. It's not like that.

Now when they say "we can't", I read it as "we don't feel like wasting our time and money on you, you already bought the game".

Didn't you just say it was up to the consumer and fans? Now you're putting it back on the company? Which is it?

Shralla
12th Apr 2013, 01:15
I wish the new people would stop getting HERESY all riled up.

No offense new people, it's just we all learned our lessons a long time ago.

Doom972
12th Apr 2013, 04:12
Incorrect. Whether they do it or not is NOT up to YOU or anyone else. It is up to the company. This isn't Kickstarter or some other crowdfunding type of deal. YOU don't decide what they should or shouldn't do. Did you provide them with a budget? Absolutely not, the budget is one of the first things that has to be ironed out before a project even begins and it doesn't involve fans.

The developers have customers who bought their product. If they want to get me (and anyone who thinks like me) to buy any more of their products, they have to make sure that their customers are happy. If enough customers feel dissatisfied about this issue - we set a standard for them and tell them what is acceptable. If you find it acceptable, fine. But don't think that everyone else should just accept it. If we don't accept this sort of practice and decide not to buy their game, they'll risk losing many customers for their next game.

Fans of Capcom have been pleading for a new Darkstalkers for years. Where is it? Fans have been pleading with Kojima for a new ZOE (not the hd remakes) where is it? They're still in business right? Yes. Why? Because they have other IP's/franchises and don't rely on one. Oh, and how long have fans of FF7 asked for a HD remake or a new FF7 game? YEARS. The company is still in business right? Yes, we're here aren't we?

This has nothing to do with this subject. Nobody is asking for a remake, just the same update that the WiiU version got - which can probably be done with a patch. A remake isn't an enhanced version - it's completely remaking the game from scratch. And no, that's not what they did in the WiiU version.

Bug issues aside, there was nothing that was technically wrong with the game. There were questionable design choices, but there was nothing that you were short changed nor were you mislead. Now if the company says, "Hey, we can improve here lets do it" and they did it as a result from fan feedback or internal feedback it's on them. However, if they say that and the bean counters in ACCOUNTING say, "We're sorry, but we can't do that because there is no budget and we can't devote the manpower" then what?

If there's nothing wrong with the things we mentioned, why did they fix them in the WiiU version? They could've just made the same game, but they knew that this things had to be fixed. They just didn't feel like fixing them for people who already paid them anyway. If they say that there's no budget available for it, I don't think I'll believe that.

So why are you questioning them?

I said "the best way to give us the content.", not "whether or not they should give us the content".

They've already explained it with TML. Any person with an inkling of how content creation works should be able to grasp what I'm saying. I'm not making excuses for anyone. They don't need to make up for anything because, technically, they didn't do anything wrong. Do you think the BBB or any consumer advocate group would take your complaint seriously?

Not making excuses for them? They still haven't said whether or not it's exclusive and you already find reasons why they shouldn't. You are definitely making excuses for them.

I'm not making excuses. If they'll figure it out and it's not your problem why are you whining about it?

Insults don't make you look smarter, and are uncalled for. It's not my problem how they should make it happen. My problem is that they might decide not to.

In the future practice consumer awareness. When I found out about TML I came here and made a thread and posts asking if it was integrated in the main game or stand alone. I was told it wasn't integrated into the main game. Guess what? I didn't purchase it. I didn't make thread after thread or post after post whining about it. I simply didn't buy it.

Then you did absolutely nothing about something that bothered you (or did it?). Great. Are you happy with the results?

What part of them remaking the game do you not understand? What part of different platform do you not understand? If there is something that prohibited them from doing it in the other versions, but they are able to do it now on a NEW platform, why are you saying you can't really trust their word? Have you considered the possibility that now they have the appropriate resources to do it? For all we know it could have been a serious coding issue that absolutely prevented them from doing it. But since you have no idea about anything related to content creation, you'll just assume the company is trying to jerk you around. It's not like that.

It's not a remake, it's an update. Different platform isn't an excuse because the game already exists on other platforms. With all due respect, as far I know, you know nothing about content creation, and you are probably not from the dev team, so again, I appreciate not making up excuses as to why this isn't possible, because they don't mean much coming from you.

Didn't you just say it was up to the consumer and fans? Now you're putting it back on the company? Which is it?

It's up to the customers to make sure that the company knows what they deem acceptable product quality, service, support, etc. It's up to the company to make sure that their customers are satisfied.

I wish the new people would stop getting HERESY all riled up.

No offense new people, it's just we all learned our lessons a long time ago.

I'm not really new, I just haven't been here for a long while, and even when I was I didn't participate in discussions all that much. I don't see a reason not to discuss the matter.

neonfish
12th Apr 2013, 14:58
I am with you Doom! I feel the same way as you do.

HERESY
12th Apr 2013, 19:02
The developers have customers who bought their product.

See there? You bought their product. Past tense. This is a new product. You either buy it or you don't.

If they want to get me (and anyone who thinks like me) to buy any more of their products, they have to make sure that their customers are happy.

Well, based on the reviews, the awards, units sold and the fact the game was profitable, I'd say the majority of customers were happy with the game.

If enough customers feel dissatisfied about this issue - we set a standard for them and tell them what is acceptable. If you find it acceptable, fine. But don't think that everyone else should just accept it. If we don't accept this sort of practice and decide not to buy their game, they'll risk losing many customers for their next game.

Well, based on what I've typed above, enough customers don't feel dissatisfied, but if they do, they haven't made any waves and they've waited too long to do anything about it. When the game was released or when TML was released would have been great timing. When ME3 first came out, and I beat it, I called it "ASS EFFECT" and said it wasn't what I expected. However, I played it twice since and I've changed my outlook. The new ending helped a bit in that regards and that brings me to my point. The more vocal of the Bioware community took it to EA and Bioware and they changed the game, and remember, they did it shortly after release. There are pros and cons to this, I think the game was flawed initially but I also believe companies, especially those who create content, should stand by their artistic vision, value, etc and not change it because fans object to certain elements.

This has nothing to do with this subject. Nobody is asking for a remake, just the same update that the WiiU version got - which can probably be done with a patch. A remake isn't an enhanced version - it's completely remaking the game from scratch. And no, that's not what they did in the WiiU version.

It has absolutely everything to do with the subject. Your exact words were, "They could decide for themselves, but they also have to keep in mind what their customers expect from them if they want to stay in business - that's why it's for the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting." See that? You didn't mention anything about a remake or an update. You specifically said it's up to the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting. I then provided you with clear examples showing that customers are asking for something yet they aren't the ones deciding if they will get it or not.

If there's nothing wrong with the things we mentioned, why did they fix them in the WiiU version?

I've already explained this. I even put it in itallics when I did it.

They could've just made the same game, but they knew that this things had to be fixed. They just didn't feel like fixing them for people who already paid them anyway. If they say that there's no budget available for it, I don't think I'll believe that.

See above. They didn't know anything had to be fixed.

I said "the best way to give us the content.", not "whether or not they should give us the content".

At this time, the best way to give us the content is to give us the Wii U version.

Not making excuses for them? They still haven't said whether or not it's exclusive and you already find reasons why they shouldn't. You are definitely making excuses for them.

So far everything they've stated implied that we won't be getting the content (now.) Pedneault, a designer who worked on the game "said the team is not currently planning to institute any changes made for the Director's Cut into the Xbox 360, PS3, or PC versions of the game." You can read the interview here:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/forget-boss-fights-deus-ex-on-wii-u-has-graphic-improvements-new-game-play

Insults don't make you look smarter, and are uncalled for. It's not my problem how they should make it happen. My problem is that they might decide not to.

I'm not insulting you. In fact, I had to turn it down a notch and edit what I originally posted because I didn't want you to feel insulted. However, IMHO you are whining. You disagree. How do we find mutual ground? You are correct, they may decide not to. Who? THEY, meaning EM SE and NOT the fans. And the question I asked you wasn't rhetorical. Do you think the BBB or any consumer advocate group would take your complaint seriously?

Then you did absolutely nothing about something that bothered you (or did it?). Great. Are you happy with the results?

I did do something about it. I became informed and decided not to buy it. I told others about my choice not to buy it and they decided not to buy it. And these are people who I told to purchase the game (and they did.) So at that point, I did more damage to EM's bottom line then YOU with your purchasing of TML and recent crop of posts. I'm the type of consumer they don't want to lose because I'm their best form of advertisement.

So let me make this simple for you.

HERESY: Hey guys, DXHR is a good game, go out and buy it.

8 guys go out and buy it.

Months later...

HERESY: Hey guys, there is new DLC for the game but I'm not buying it because I asked about it on the EM forum and I learned from the horses mouth it wasn't integrated in the campaign. So if you guys thought it was going to be like the ME DLC don't cop it.

8 GUYS: What? Are you serious? **** THAT **** I'M NOT BUYING IT EITHER.

Now compare that to what YOU did. :lol:

It's not a remake, it's an update. Different platform isn't an excuse because the game already exists on other platforms. With all due respect, as far I know, you know nothing about content creation, and you are probably not from the dev team, so again, I appreciate not making up excuses as to why this isn't possible, because they don't mean much coming from you.

Read the article provided as it tells you what the game is. It is not simply an "update" as they had to do new things for the Wii U.

In regards to your "with all due respect...." I have enough sense to know that when people start off with lines like that they're attempting to be insulting. If there is something about my work history and involvement in the entertainment industry you'd like verified you can drop me a PM and I may indulge. If not, you should think again before you put your foot in your mouth.

It's up to the customers to make sure that the company knows what they deem acceptable product quality, service, support, etc. It's up to the company to make sure that their customers are satisfied.

The number of units sold, awards and reviews show the majority of consumers were satisfied. Again, do you think the BBB or any consumer advocate group would take your complaint seriously?

Doom972
14th Apr 2013, 07:49
See there? You bought their product. Past tense. This is a new product. You either buy it or you don't.

No it isn't. It's the same product updated based on feedback. In other games, you get this in a patch or free DLC (Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition, Skyrim texture pack, and Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut).

Well, based on the reviews, the awards, units sold and the fact the game was profitable, I'd say the majority of customers were happy with the game.

Well, based on what I've typed above, enough customers don't feel dissatisfied, but if they do, they haven't made any waves and they've waited too long to do anything about it. When the game was released or when TML was released would have been great timing. When ME3 first came out, and I beat it, I called it "ASS EFFECT" and said it wasn't what I expected. However, I played it twice since and I've changed my outlook. The new ending helped a bit in that regards and that brings me to my point. The more vocal of the Bioware community took it to EA and Bioware and they changed the game, and remember, they did it shortly after release. There are pros and cons to this, I think the game was flawed initially but I also believe companies, especially those who create content, should stand by their artistic vision, value, etc and not change it because fans object to certain elements.

I was satisfied with the game when it came out and so were many other people, because the game is good, but I don't see how it makes it acceptable for them not to update the other versions to the Director's Cut - which fixes what was wrong with the game.

It has absolutely everything to do with the subject. Your exact words were, "They could decide for themselves, but they also have to keep in mind what their customers expect from them if they want to stay in business - that's why it's for the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting." See that? You didn't mention anything about a remake or an update. You specifically said it's up to the customer to decide if he's getting what he should be getting. I then provided you with clear examples showing that customers are asking for something yet they aren't the ones deciding if they will get it or not.

I'll simplify it: Customers have money, which the company wants. The company doesn't want customers to just buy one single product, but other products that it will make in the future. In order to guarantee that, the company has must have certain standards of quality and customer service - the standard is what the customers are satisfied with. So while the customers aren't involved directly in the decision making process, a good company bases its decisions on those standards that the customers set.

See above. They didn't know anything had to be fixed.

They did, otherwise they wouldn't have doen it for the WiiU version.

At this time, the best way to give us the content is to give us the Wii U version.

You suggest that they'll give us free WiiU copies of the game? That seems very expensive and unreasonable. Also, I doubt that many of us even have a WiiU to begin with. If you were implying that we should all just buy a WiiU and the new version to experience the new content, you're just going back to square one of this discussion.

So far everything they've stated implied that we won't be getting the content (now.) Pedneault, a designer who worked on the game "said the team is not currently planning to institute any changes made for the Director's Cut into the Xbox 360, PS3, or PC versions of the game." You can read the interview here:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/forget-boss-fights-deus-ex-on-wii-u-has-graphic-improvements-new-game-play

Thanks. That's good to know. I guess I missed that one.

I'm not insulting you. In fact, I had to turn it down a notch and edit what I originally posted because I didn't want you to feel insulted. However, IMHO you are whining. You disagree. How do we find mutual ground? You are correct, they may decide not to. Who? THEY, meaning EM SE and NOT the fans. And the question I asked you wasn't rhetorical. Do you think the BBB or any consumer advocate group would take your complaint seriously?

I'm not familiar with their work all that well, but I don't think that they'll find this case severe enough, unfortunately.

I did do something about it. I became informed and decided not to buy it. I told others about my choice not to buy it and they decided not to buy it. And these are people who I told to purchase the game (and they did.) So at that point, I did more damage to EM's bottom line then YOU with your purchasing of TML and recent crop of posts. I'm the type of consumer they don't want to lose because I'm their best form of advertisement.

So you did, as said, "whine" about it in the forum. You did what I'm doing right now.

So let me make this simple for you.

HERESY: Hey guys, DXHR is a good game, go out and buy it.

8 guys go out and buy it.

Months later...

HERESY: Hey guys, there is new DLC for the game but I'm not buying it because I asked about it on the EM forum and I learned from the horses mouth it wasn't integrated in the campaign. So if you guys thought it was going to be like the ME DLC don't cop it.

8 GUYS: What? Are you serious? **** THAT **** I'M NOT BUYING IT EITHER.

Now compare that to what YOU did. :lol:

Great. I'm doing the same thing, some people agree with me. Hopefully it'll be enough to have some impact. It didn't seem to help much in your case, but hopefully this one will go better.

Read the article provided as it tells you what the game is. It is not simply an "update" as they had to do new things for the Wii U.

Well of course I'm not expecting to have the WiiU controller features on my PC. I was referring to the features that make sense to have on all platforms.

In regards to your "with all due respect...." I have enough sense to know that when people start off with lines like that they're attempting to be insulting. If there is something about my work history and involvement in the entertainment industry you'd like verified you can drop me a PM and I may indulge. If not, you should think again before you put your foot in your mouth.

I'm not interested in your personal history. I just don't trust it when some guy on a forum tells me "I'm an expert on this, so I know what I'm talking about". When someone says that, I usually assume the opposite. Either explain in detail or not at at all, but don't tell me that I should take your word for it because you have some qualification that I can't verify.

HERESY
14th Apr 2013, 18:54
No it isn't. It's the same product updated based on feedback. In other games, you get this in a patch or free DLC (Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition, Skyrim texture pack, and Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut).

Wrong. If it's the same product updated based on feedback why does the Wii U have a new aug? Why can you use the Wii U controller to do hacking and other things? The game was never on the Wii so who provided that feedback?

I was satisfied with the game when it came out and so were many other people, because the game is good, but I don't see how it makes it acceptable for them not to update the other versions to the Director's Cut - which fixes what was wrong with the game.

Bug issues aside, there was nothing technically "wrong" with the game that needed to be "fixed." What some people had issues with, and what EM took notice to, were questionable DESIGN CHOICES and how they were executed and implemented. Technically, there was nothing wrong with the boss battles. EM wanted to change them based on internal and external feedback. They didn't need to change them they wanted to change them. Do you understand the difference between a need and a want and fix and change? Allow me to give you two examples in recent game history:

BETHESEDA NEEDED TO FIX THE ISSUES WITH SKYRIM BECAUSE THE ISSUES CAUSED THE GAME TO NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.

BIOWARE WANTED TO CHANGE THE ENDING TO MASS EFFECT 3 DUE TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEEDBACK.

Again, bug issues aside there was nothing that needed to be fixed. There were things EM wanted to change. Big difference.

I'll simplify it. Customers have money, which the company wants. The company doesn't want customers to just buy one single product, but other products that it will make in the future.

Correct.

In order to guarantee that, the company has must have certain standards of quality and customer service - the standard is what the customers are satisfied with.

For the second year in a row EA has won "worst company" by Consumerist yet EA continues to generate revenue. Why is that?

So while the customers aren't involved directly in the decision making process, a good company bases its decisions on those standards that the customers set.

In many GREAT companies it's not the customers that set the standard but the product itself and how company culture contributes to that products design and inspires the consumer to buy. Usually, before a new product is ever released, it has to pass QA and things need to align with R&D. If the numbers don't match up, and you have a lot of faulty product, it doesn't get released. At that point, the customer has not set a standard because they haven't even gotten their hands on the product.

They did, otherwise they wouldn't have doen it for the WiiU version.

No, they wanted to change which is why they did it for the Wii U version. They wanted to establish one of their best selling games in years on a new platform which is why they did it for the Wii U.

You suggest that they'll give us free WiiU copies of the game? That seems very expensive and unreasonable. Also, I doubt that many of us even have a WiiU to begin with.

I don't know if you're using sarcasm or irony but here goes.

Throughout this thread, and other threads/posts pertaining to the Directors Cut, people have said "give us the content on the PC", "give us the content on the 360" or "give us the content on PS3." With the exception of yourself, not one person has taken the "give us" request as a request for FREE goods. With the exception of yourself, everyone knew "give" was synonymous with release and/or deliver. Moreover, I previously said, "…doesn't mean we're entitled to the content for free." so why would you ask if I'm suggesting that they give us free Wii U copies of the game? :lol::lol::lol:

Also, according to what EM has stated in numerous articles, the Wii U was the best way to deliver the content.

If you were implying that we should all just buy a WiiU and the new version to experience the new content, you're just going back to square one of this discussion.

See above (last sentence.) I've never said anything about what "all" should do. I don't care what "all" should do.

Thanks. That's good to know. I guess I missed that one.

You've missed a lot…

I'm not familiar with their work all that well, but I don't think that they'll find this case severe enough, unfortunately.

:lol:

So you did, as said, "whine" about it in the forum. You did what I'm doing right now.

NO! I made one thread asking about it and the thread got merged into another thread. After I got my answer I said something like "That's weak they should have made it part of the campaign" and left it alone. The only time I asked about it afterwards was when I asked about a price drop because LIVE had it on sale and PSN didn’t. I think I did that like once and it wasn’t a complaint just asking because I own it on PS3. So there was no whining, no misinformed multiple posts on the same issues like you're doing now, no crusade, no bashing EM, none of that.

Great. I'm doing the same thing, some people agree with me. Hopefully it'll be enough to have some impact. It didn't seem to help much in your case, but hopefully this one will go better.

You aren't doing the same thing. You didn't research TML before you made the purchase. In addition, based on your reaction to the link I gave you, you aren't up to speed with what EM is doing with the game, so you aren't doing the same as me. I read and comprehend before I speak and act. You? I think you just act. In regards to "my case", I never had a case because I didn't attempt to make it an issue. I told my friends to not buy it if they had certain expectations - the expectations being it was implemented like the ME DLC.

Well of course I'm not expecting to have the WiiU controller features on my PC. I was referring to the features that make sense to have on all platforms.

Who said anything about Wii U controller features? I said they had to do new things for the Wii U. The new things aren't just the Wii U gamepad features. Maybe you should read more about what they did before you go spouting off and ranting about the DC.

I'm not interested in your personal history.

You obviously are since you opened the door for it and are thinking about it. I mean why else would you be so passive aggressive?

I just don't trust it when some guy on a forum tells me "I'm an expert on this, so I know what I'm talking about".

Who said that? I said, YOU don't have any experience in content creation and lack knowledge about the subject. I haven't said much about me when it comes to the subject. However, if I want to argue from authority I can and whatever trust issues you had could have been erased if you had accepted the PM invitation.

When someone says that, I usually assume the opposite.

That's great but I never said that so why are you assuming the opposite? It’s because I’m right about you. It’s ok friend, HERESY isn’t right all the time but I’ll just go ahead and say that this is another classic post. The proof is in the pudding.

Either explain in detail or not at at all

You've shown your inability to critically read and stay on topic so technical and legal jargon, as well as details and fine print, will only exacerbate your shortcomings. However, I did offer you the chance to PM me, so I could set you straight and you didn't take me up on the offer, so you can't pull the "I can't verify" card.

but don't tell me that I should take your word for it because you have some qualification that I can't verify.

I was going to give you something that you could verify. Also, if it's of anything to you, a couple of people here know me offline or outside of this website ;) But all of that is water under the bridge because you didn't take me up on the offer. In addition, the readers can see who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't, so it's all good.

Have a good day, friend. :cool:

vallux
14th Apr 2013, 19:50
For the second year in a row EA has won "worst company" by Consumerist yet EA continues to generate revenue. Why is that?

The Internet is incredibly vocal about them and so make micro-transactions and always online sound worse than the companies that poison the environment and take no responsibility for oil spills. What about those guys. I mean the Internet likes Adolf Hitler more than John Ritticello. And EA wasn't half bad during his time.

**** Mirror's Edge, or other new IP's. Let's go back to when NHL and Madden were their only series.

Doom972
14th Apr 2013, 20:16
Wrong. If it's the same product updated based on feedback why does the Wii U have a new aug? Why can you use the Wii U controller to do hacking and other things? The game was never on the Wii so who provided that feedback?

A new augmentation doesn't make it a new game. It's doesn't even mean a new expansion pack or even DLC. As for the WiiU controller features, I already said that I don't expect them to add the WiiU controller features, as it would be pointless.

Bug issues aside, there was nothing technically "wrong" with the game that needed to be "fixed." What some people had issues with, and what EM took notice to, were questionable DESIGN CHOICES and how they were executed and implemented. Technically, there was nothing wrong with the boss battles. EM wanted to change them based on internal and external feedback. They didn't need to change them they wanted to change them. Do you understand the difference between a need and a want and fix and change? Allow me to give you two examples in recent game history:

BETHESEDA NEEDED TO FIX THE ISSUES WITH SKYRIM BECAUSE THE ISSUES CAUSED THE GAME TO NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.

BIOWARE WANTED TO CHANGE THE ENDING TO MASS EFFECT 3 DUE TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEEDBACK.

Again, bug issues aside there was nothing that needed to be fixed. There were things EM wanted to change. Big difference.

Again, if they didn't think that it needed to be fixed, why did they? If they would have said that they stand by their design choices and don't intend to change them, I would respect that. But they obviously thought it needed to be fixed, but for some reason they didn't fix it for all versions.

It seems that you haven't been keeping up with news about EA: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123232-Layoffs-Strike-EA-Mobile-Studio-Hit-Hardest

It's not the first time such a thing happened. Also, their long-time CEO John Riccitiello recently quit. They are not doing as well as the more liked publishers.

In many GREAT companies it's not the customers that set the standard but the product itself and how company culture contributes to that products design and inspires the consumer to buy. Usually, before a new product is ever released, it has to pass QA and things need to align with R&D. If the numbers don't match up, and you have a lot of faulty product, it doesn't get released. At that point, the customer has not set a standard because they haven't even gotten their hands on the product.

But those standards are based in what the company thinks the customer's standards would be like. There are few ways to know what customers would expect based on past experience of that company or others, focus groups, etc. So the customers do set the standard.

No, they wanted to change which is why they did it for the Wii U version. They wanted to establish one of their best selling games in years on a new platform which is why they did it for the Wii U.

That's fine. I don't have a problem with the game being released on the WiiU. I do have a problem with it being updated, while the other versions aren't.

I don't know if you're using sarcasm or irony but here goes.

Throughout this thread, and other threads/posts pertaining to the Directors Cut, people have said "give us the content on the PC", "give us the content on the 360" or "give us the content on PS3." With the exception of yourself, not one person has taken the "give us" request as a request for FREE goods. With the exception of yourself, everyone knew "give" was synonymous with release and/or deliver. Moreover, I previously said, "…doesn't mean we're entitled to the content for free." so why would you ask if I'm suggesting that they give us free Wii U copies of the game? :lol::lol::lol:

Also, according to what EM has stated in numerous articles, the Wii U was the best way to deliver the content.

I'm definitely not the only one. You should reread the threads if you care enough to know. I don't see why I should pay for a patch. How is us having to buy a new console and a new copy any good for us? The chances of someone getting a console that isn't a successor to his previous console is not very good - Everyone who already played it (which also means all the fans) has a PC, PS3 or X-box 360. Most people get only one platform, or a PC (not necessarily for high end gaming) + one console. I doubt that many of the established userbase (and fanbase) have or plan to get a WiiU. Conclusion - It's made with people who didn't bother with this game up to this point. Which is great as long as existing users don't get screwed over for it.

See above (last sentence.) I've never said anything about what "all" should do. I don't care what "all" should do.

Fair enough.

NO! I made one thread asking about it and the thread got merged into another thread. After I got my answer I said something like "That's weak they should have made it part of the campaign" and left it alone. The only time I asked about it afterwards was when I asked about a price drop because LIVE had it on sale and PSN didn’t. I think I did that like once and it wasn’t a complaint just asking because I own it on PS3. So there was no whining, no misinformed multiple posts on the same issues like you're doing now, no crusade, no bashing EM, none of that.

I would've left my comment (maybe a couple more) and stopped there, but there's always someone looking to start an argument.

You aren't doing the same thing. You didn't research TML before you made the purchase. In addition, based on your reaction to the link I gave you, you aren't up to speed with what EM is doing with the game, so you aren't doing the same as me. I read and comprehend before I speak and act. You? I think you just act. In regards to "my case", I never had a case because I didn't attempt to make it an issue. I told my friends to not buy it if they had certain expectations - the expectations being it was implemented like the ME DLC.

I know it when I'm being screwed over, and I care little for weak excuses. With all your "research" you haven't convinced me otherwise yet.

Who said anything about Wii U controller features? I said they had to do new things for the Wii U. The new things aren't just the Wii U gamepad features. Maybe you should read more about what they did before you go spouting off and ranting about the DC.

Yes, because I'm sure the better boss fights can only be implemented in the WiiU. If there are any WiiU-specific features that I haven't mentioned, it's because I don't have an interest in them, as they are irrelevant to me. I'm talking about the things that do make sense on all versions.

You obviously are since you opened the door for it and are thinking about it. I mean why else would you be so passive aggressive?

I'm not. I don't really care for any qualifications you may or may not have. If you have an argument to make, make it. Don't just say that you're an expert and that I should take your word for it, because it doesn't really mean much in a forum conversation.

Who said that? I said, YOU don't have any experience in content creation and lack knowledge about the subject. I haven't said much about me when it comes to the subject. However, if I want to argue from authority I can and whatever trust issues you had could have been erased if you had accepted the PM invitation.

That was an invitation? It didn't sound very inviting. I thank you for the invitation, but I'm not interested in getting to know you personally. If you have a relevant argument to make, make it.

That's great but I never said that so why are you assuming the opposite? It’s because I’m right about you. It’s ok friend, HERESY isn’t right all the time but I’ll just go ahead and say that this is another classic post. The proof is in the pudding.

Trying to make it personal, are we? That sure makes your arguments looks stronger.

You've shown your inability to critically read and stay on topic so technical and legal jargon, as well as details and fine print, will only exacerbate your shortcomings. However, I did offer you the chance to PM me, so I could set you straight and you didn't take me up on the offer, so you can't pull the "I can't verify" card.

It's not the "I can't verify" card, it's the "I don't care about you personally" card. If you didn't want me to use it, you shouldn't have pulled the "I'm an expert on the matter" card. The only ones who can actually use it are dev team members.

I was going to give you something that you could verify. Also, if it's of anything to you, a couple of people here know me offline or outside of this website ;) But all of that is water under the bridge because you didn't take me up on the offer. In addition, the readers can see who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't, so it's all good.

Again, I really don't care about knowing you personally. Make of that what you will. I'm glad to know you have friends on the forum.

Have a good day, friend. :cool:

Good day to you as well.

HERESY
14th Apr 2013, 23:52
The Internet is incredibly vocal about them and so make micro-transactions and always online sound worse than the companies that poison the environment and take no responsibility for oil spills. What about those guys. I mean the Internet likes Adolf Hitler more than John Ritticello. And EA wasn't half bad during his time.

**** Mirror's Edge, or other new IP's. Let's go back to when NHL and Madden were their only series.

I think you should read what I was replying to as it will help you understand why I even mentioned EA.

A new augmentation doesn't make it a new game.

Who said it did?

I also said, "Why can you use the Wii U controller to do hacking and other things?" Again, you're showing that you're incapable of keeping up with the topic. Remember, you said, "It's the same product updated based on feedback." and I just showed you that it isn't the same product based on feedback because there was never a Wii U version to get feedback from. In addition, there were things they added that had nothing to do with feedback. If you have been keeping up with the game you would know this.

It's doesn't even mean a new expansion pack or even DLC. As for the WiiU controller features, I already said that I don't expect them to add the WiiU controller features, as it would be pointless.

See above (last two sentences.)

Again, if they didn't think that it needed to be fixed, why did they?

Do you not understand the meaning of the word want? I mean how many times do I have to place the word in italics or type it out for you? Do you not understand that they wanted to monetize the game as much as possible and that putting it on a new console that allows you to do things you normally wouldn't be able to do would help increase their chances?

If they would have said that they stand by their design choices and don't intend to change them, I would respect that. But they obviously thought it needed to be fixed, but for some reason they didn't fix it for all versions.

See above.

It seems that you haven't been keeping up with news about EA: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123232-Layoffs-Strike-EA-Mobile-Studio-Hit-Hardest

It seems that you don't understand what you've linked to. For one, the link has ABOSLUTELY NOTHING to do with EA about how EA continues to make revenue even though they adjusted for losses. Here, educate yourself:

http://www.gamesindustryblog.com/2013/01/ea-release-earnings-for-q4-2012-posting-a-net-revenue-of-922million/

So once again, for the second year in a row EA has won "worst company" by Consumerist yet EA continues to generate revenue. Why is that? And remember, because you have a very selective memory, the only reason why I'm asking you about EA is because you said, "In order to guarantee that, the company has must have certain standards of quality and customer service - the standard is what the customers are satisfied with." Again, this isn't a rhetorical question here, friend.

It's not the first time such a thing happened. Also, their long-time CEO John Riccitiello recently quit. They are not doing as well as the more liked publishers.

So? Companies restructure all the time. Big deal. They aren't doing as well as the more liked publishers? Well why is it that they have less losses when you look at last year’s numbers? Why is it that they're number 3 in revenue size behind Nintendo and Activision Blizzard?

But those standards are based in what the company thinks the customer's standards would be like. There are few ways to know what customers would expect based on past experience of that company or others, focus groups, etc. So the customers do set the standard.

This doesn't make much sense. If the company is new and brand loyalty and market visibility have not been established where does that leave you? Again, the customers do not set the standards because the customer may not even see the product. Do you think the makers of luxury goods let the consumer set the standard? You think Lamborghini does this? How about Rolex? Nope. They don't and they won't. Most of the time the consumer doesn't even know what he/she wants and it's the company, via effective marketing and advertising, telling them they need this or should purchase that.

Here’s another tidbit for you bud. McDonaldization. Google the term, understand it and then look at your pathetic position again.

That's fine. I don't have a problem with the game being released on the WiiU. I do have a problem with it being updated, while the other versions aren't.

This goes back to what I've said posts ago. How do you know there isn't a reason why they aren't doing it?

I'm definitely not the only one.

You definitely are the only one. You keep taking things out of context, not following the flow of the conversation and cherry-pick what you want. Remember, you quoted ME and what I said about EM "giving" us the Wii U version, so that's what we're focused on. I said, "With the exception of yourself, not one person has taken the "give us" request as a request for FREE goods. With the exception of yourself, everyone knew "give" was synonymous with release and/or deliver." I'm talking about what YOU quoted and misconstrued. We're talking about what I said and the way you took it out of context, which was silly as hell, because I had previously said "...doesn't mean we're entitled to the content for free." Only a person who didn't R-E-A-D would have asked me that question.

Please, follow along with the conversation and think before you type and press that reply button.

You should reread the threads if you care enough to know. I don't see why I should pay for a patch.

See above.

How is us having to buy a new console and a new copy any good for us?

Is this a rhetorical question or do you want an answer?

The chances of someone getting a console that isn't a successor to his previous console is not very good - Everyone who already played it (which also means all the fans) has a PC, PS3 or X-box 360. Most people get only one platform, or a PC (not necessarily for high end gaming) + one console. I doubt that many of the established userbase (and fanbase) have or plan to get a WiiU. Conclusion - It's made with people who didn't bother with this game up to this point. Which is great as long as existing users don't get screwed over for it.

Existing users haven't been screwed over. New platform. Revamped engine. Revamped game mechanics. You want it? Get yourself a Wii U or wait until they release the content (which I don't believe they will.) Do you see people who have the Wii version of Muramasa crying about all the additional content Vita owners are getting? Nope. I can think of several other titles as well.

I would've left my comment (maybe a couple more) and stopped there, but there's always someone looking to start an argument.

Huh?

I know it when I'm being screwed over, and I care little for weak excuses. With all your "research" you haven't convinced me otherwise yet.

Someone isn't thinking straight. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I think you need to get that in your head and then you'll be able to breathe a little bit more. HERESY does not care if you EVER play the DC. The only thing at this point HERESY is concerned with is if HERESY plays the DC. You? I don't care. So if I don't care if you ever play it or not, rest assured I don't care enough to even convince you of anything else related to it. What you've done is confused my willingness to engage and exchange. I'm doing it because you really don't make much sense. I'm doing it for the board and the people who send me PM's and say "you're a breath of fresh air around these parts; it's great to have you around." But you? I don't care about convincing you.

Yes, because I'm sure the better boss fights can only be implemented in the WiiU. If there are any WiiU-specific features that I haven't mentioned, it's because I don't have an interest in them, as they are irrelevant to me. I'm talking about the things that do make sense on all versions.

So in other words you like operating within the realm of confirmation bias and selective reading. Good job. :thumb:

I'm not.

You obviously are since you devoted a paragraph and multiple replies to the subject.

I don't really care for any qualifications you may or may not have.

So why bring it up? I mentioned your lack of qualifications because it was clear as day but needed to be addressed because you're position is one rooted in ignorance and not authority.

If you have an argument to make, make it.

I've made it. You want the best version? Get the Wii U version. If not, you can wait to see if they release something for the other platforms but don't say you were shortchanged, duped, robbed, etc because that isn't the case.

Don't just say that you're an expert and that I should take your word for it, because it doesn't really mean much in a forum conversation.

Once again someone is lacking in the reading comprehension and cognitive prowess departments. I never said much about me. I've said a lot about you, however, and it's the truth.

That was an invitation? It didn't sound very inviting.

Sure it is. I'll type it again just to show you're operating in a weak and timid manner. I said, "If there is something about my work history and involvement in the entertainment industry you'd like verified you can drop me a PM and I may indulge." See, unlike you, when I questioned your experience you had NO COME BACK. However, when you questioned mine I said you can PM and I may indulge. The difference between you and I is we know you have no experience in anything remotely dealing with talent and the creation of content. The proof is in your posts. However, with me, you want to turn the spotlight on me because you're in an inferior position and need fallacies to support your nefarious claims. So I gave you the chance to really turn the spotlight on me but you couldn’t handle it.

I thank you for the invitation,

You just questioned the invite and said it didn't sound inviting now you're thanking me for it? :lol: x 1,000

but I'm not interested in getting to know you personally.

And I'm not interested in getting to know you personally and you mistake my intent. You questioned my experience and I opened the door for you to be educated about what you questioned. Trust me, I don't need you as a friend. Never have and never will. So next time, don't question people if you aren't ready for them to prove you wrong because when the spotlight gets turned back on you, as it is now, it doesn’t work to your advantage.

If you have a relevant argument to make, make it.

Take your own advice. :)

Trying to make it personal, are we? That sure makes your arguments looks stronger.

Making it personal? No, I questioned your knowledge and experience and you had nothing to disprove what I said. You questioned mine, made false claims and I had something to say about it and can disprove it, big difference.

It's not the "I can't verify" card, it's the "I don't care about you personally" card.

So why mention it? No, better yet, why lie about it?

If you didn't want me to use it, you shouldn't have pulled the "I'm an expert on the matter" card.

I didn't use that card. Again, I rarely said anything about me, I spoke more about YOU.

The only ones who can actually use it are dev team members.

WRONG. Again, let's rewind a bit and go back to what was originally stated:

I bolded a bit because it's obvious certain concepts are beyond your reach so let me explain it all in one very neat sentence. Are you ready? You sure? Ok.

STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS AS TO WHY YOU DON'T HAVE THE CONTENT.

That's all you've been doing . Jumping around and whining like a two-year old and I've been explaining why you shouldn't do it and not once have I made an excuse for EM. I've said there are other possibilities and that your lack of how content creation works forces you to assume a company is just trying to jerk you around. You, and others here, don't like being called on your idiocy because many of you have entitlement issues that have gone unchecked for so long.

Again, I really don't care about knowing you personally. Make of that what you will. I'm glad to know you have friends on the forum.

Trust me; it wasn't for you to get to know me personally. It was for me to correct your blatant insolence.

Good day to you as well.

I'm having a lovely day. Just checked my bank account. Saw another royalty deposit. I think I'll use that money to buy a Wii U and the DC. What're your plans, bud? You gonna play the Wii U version like HERESY? Gonna tough it out like some of the others?

Tverdyj
15th Apr 2013, 04:19

I did forget this. I never played the Souls games (though Dark Souls is sitting in my pile of bought Steam games), but you are right. Once they released the PC version with the "Prepare to die" content, they made the same content available for free to those who bought the game on consoles earlier. It took them a while to do this, but i'm assuming that had more to doe with M$oft and Sony's certification process.

Doom972
15th Apr 2013, 08:43
[quote]Who said it did?

I also said, "Why can you use the Wii U controller to do hacking and other things?" Again, you're showing that you're incapable of keeping up with the topic. Remember, you said, "It's the same product updated based on feedback." and I just showed you that it isn't the same product based on feedback because there was never a Wii U version to get feedback from. In addition, there were things they added that had nothing to do with feedback. If you have been keeping up with the game you would know this.

As I already said, I'm talking about the features that make sense to add to the other versions. I don't know why you keep clinging to that topic. The features that do make sense on the other versions are fixes based on feedback.

Do you not understand the meaning of the word want? I mean how many times do I have to place the word in italics or type it out for you? Do you not understand that they wanted to monetize the game as much as possible and that putting it on a new console that allows you to do things you normally wouldn't be able to do would help increase their chances?

Again, I don't have a problem with them making a WiiU version and giving a new audience a chance to play the game - I have a problem with the updates made to it not being in the other versions.

It seems that you don't understand what you've linked to. For one, the link has ABOSLUTELY NOTHING to do with EA about how EA continues to make revenue even though they adjusted for losses. Here, educate yourself:

http://www.gamesindustryblog.com/2013/01/ea-release-earnings-for-q4-2012-posting-a-net-revenue-of-922million/

So once again, for the second year in a row EA has won "worst company" by Consumerist yet EA continues to generate revenue. Why is that? And remember, because you have a very selective memory, the only reason why I'm asking you about EA is because you said, "In order to guarantee that, the company has must have certain standards of quality and customer service - the standard is what the customers are satisfied with." Again, this isn't a rhetorical question here, friend.

So? Companies restructure all the time. Big deal. They aren't doing as well as the more liked publishers? Well why is it that they have less losses when you look at last year’s numbers? Why is it that they're number 3 in revenue size behind Nintendo and Activision Blizzard?

Yes, because clearly layoffs are a sign that a company is doing great. It takes time until you see the difference in the numbers.

This doesn't make much sense. If the company is new and brand loyalty and market visibility have not been established where does that leave you? Again, the customers do not set the standards because the customer may not even see the product. Do you think the makers of luxury goods let the consumer set the standard? You think Lamborghini does this? How about Rolex? Nope. They don't and they won't. Most of the time the consumer doesn't even know what he/she wants and it's the company, via effective marketing and advertising, telling them they need this or should purchase that.

Here’s another tidbit for you bud. McDonaldization. Google the term, understand it and then look at your pathetic position again.

Doesn't make much sense? Read it again. I can't simplify that one more for you.

This goes back to what I've said posts ago. How do you know there isn't a reason why they aren't doing it?

Because people already bought the game so they can just forget about them and focus on new customers? I can think of reasons, but I don't see how it matters.

You definitely are the only one. You keep taking things out of context, not following the flow of the conversation and cherry-pick what you want

I automatically filter out trolling, insults, and patronizing parts of a conversation. I just don't feel like having that kind of conversation. If you want me to reply to everything you write, write something proper.

Is this a rhetorical question or do you want an answer?

It was meant as a rhetorical question, but feel free to answer it if you think that it's not.

Existing users haven't been screwed over. New platform. Revamped engine. Revamped game mechanics. You want it? Get yourself a Wii U or wait until they release the content (which I don't believe they will.) Do you see people who have the Wii version of Muramasa crying about all the additional content Vita owners are getting? Nope. I can think of several other titles as well.

We are being screwed over, because the WiiU port is actually an updated version of the game, but we don't get that update, because it seems that EM would rather that we buy a new console and a new copy, rather than updating the game that we already bought.

You obviously are since you devoted a paragraph and multiple replies to the subject.

Yes, because you are the supreme forum master and only you have that privilege, and only when you do it it's not out of anger.

I've made it. You want the best version? Get the Wii U version. If not, you can wait to see if they release something for the other platforms but don't say you were shortchanged, duped, robbed, etc because that isn't the case.

I bought the game, just like the WiiU user have, and I deserve the same kind of support, which means game updates as well. This isn't a remake - it's an update. I feel screwed over for not getting an update that fixes problems left in the game.

HERESY
15th Apr 2013, 18:06
As I already said, I'm talking about the features that make sense to add to the other versions. I don't know why you keep clinging to that topic. The features that do make sense on the other versions are fixes based on feedback.

Again, I don't have a problem with them making a WiiU version and giving a new audience a chance to play the game - I have a problem with the updates made to it not being in the other versions.

Yes, because clearly layoffs are a sign that a company is doing great. It takes time until you see the difference in the numbers.

Doesn't make much sense? Read it again. I can't simplify that one more for you.

Because people already bought the game so they can just forget about them and focus on new customers? I can think of reasons, but I don't see how it matters.

I automatically filter out trolling, insults, and patronizing parts of a conversation. I just don't feel like having that kind of conversation. If you want me to reply to everything you write, write something proper.

It was meant as a rhetorical question, but feel free to answer it if you think that it's not.

We are being screwed over, because the WiiU port is actually an updated version of the game, but we don't get that update, because it seems that EM would rather that we buy a new console and a new copy, rather than updating the game that we already bought.

Yes, because you are the supreme forum master and only you have that privilege, and only when you do it it's not out of anger.

I bought the game, just like the WiiU user have, and I deserve the same kind of support, which means game updates as well. This isn't a remake - it's an update. I feel screwed over for not getting an update that fixes problems left in the game.

http://financialpostbusiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/box.png

CyberP
15th Apr 2013, 18:17
ELIZA is hot. I'd like to be her DOCTOR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA). :naughty:

Shralla
15th Apr 2013, 18:23
I'm not really new, I just haven't been here for a long while, and even when I was I didn't participate in discussions all that much. I don't see a reason not to discuss the matter.

Quite frankly, because filling up multiple pages with long-ass back and forth responses that aren't accomplishing anything is a waste of time, and discourages other people from responding to threads because they have nothing to say to your discussion with a person who we all long ago realized wasn't going to change their position about anything.

HERESY
15th Apr 2013, 21:25
Quite frankly, because filling up multiple pages with long-ass back and forth responses that aren't accomplishing anything is a waste of time, and discourages other people from responding to threads because they have nothing to say to your discussion with a person who we all long ago realized wasn't going to change their position about anything.

You guys have entitlement issues and I wouldn't have to type long posts if people such as yourself wouldn't misconstrue what has been typed. I spend time correcting you guys and it's your fault. If I didn't say "X" don't say I said it. Simply read what I said and reply to that without making **** up, putting words in my mouth, etc.

No one is stopping you from doing ANYTHING. CyberP just made a comment, kud made a comment, etc. Kick rocks, kid, and stop trying to make me your scapegoat.

CyberP
15th Apr 2013, 21:58
I cannot speak for anybody else, but I'm pretty sure you failed at correcting me on most, maybe all points.

But just forget it, HERESY is HERESY.

Tverdyj
15th Apr 2013, 22:39
Comments I make are careful avoidance of any discussion involving HERESY. I really don't have the time or inclination (anymore) to get into drawn-out and ultimately pointless debates.

Everything else being said, i'm genuinely curious how many people will actually buy the WiiU version (since, presumably, they'll have to shell out for Nintendo's playbox as well as the game). A part of me hopes this'll end up being a major flop for Squeeenix, but other parts remember that the non-Eidos branch of the business is already havign financial difficulties, and no matter what, I would hate to see what's left of Eidos (who were hands downs my favourite publisher) go the way of THQ.

Ashpolt
16th Apr 2013, 00:14
Everything else being said, i'm genuinely curious how many people will actually buy the WiiU version (since, presumably, they'll have to shell out for Nintendo's playbox as well as the game).

I already own a WiiU, and (mostly) loved DXHR, but I still won't buy this, for two reasons:

a) I don't want to play it on a controller, especially one as clunky as the WiiU's gamepad

b) I don't want to play it at quarter the resolution I'm running it on PC (1280 x 720 compared to 2560 x 1440)

Release it as a free update for my platform of choice and it'll give me a reason to go back to DXHR, possibly just in time to hype me up for the somewhat inevitable sequel. Release it as a reasonably priced update and I'll consider it. Make me buy a full game on a platform I don't want to play on? Nah.

HERESY
16th Apr 2013, 01:36
I cannot speak for anybody else, but I'm pretty sure you failed at correcting me on most, maybe all points.

But just forget it, HERESY is HERESY.

I can speak for the two of us. You were humbled.

Now let's discuss the Wii U version. That's what we're here for right? So I'm thinking some of you should take lead and start a petition to address the issue. Why not use the net and social media to your cause? Crying and blaming EM for screwing you over, and bashing me for another classic post, ain't gonna cut it. So what are you guys gonna do and how can HERESY help your cause?

Doom972
16th Apr 2013, 15:58
[QUOTE=Doom972;1904681]

*Insert box art of DXHRDC here*

Find one in a higher resolution. That would really show me how right, knowledgeable and mature you are.

HERESY
16th Apr 2013, 16:11
Find one in a higher resolution. That would really show me how right, knowledgeable and mature you are.

Noooooooooooope.

Organize your thoughts, opinions, desires, grievances, etc in a comprehensible and cogent manner that would really show EM how right, knowledgeable and mature you are.

CyberP
16th Apr 2013, 16:17
"Classic" :lol:

vallux
16th Apr 2013, 19:44
Well he wrote the posts, of course he knows best. In this case all of the page long übermensch ramblings truly must be classic if he says they are.

In other words, I really can't be arsed to read through them after 20 pages of back and forth.

HERESY
16th Apr 2013, 19:55
Well he wrote the posts, of course he knows best. In this case all of the page long übermensch ramblings truly must be classic if he says they are.

In other words, I really can't be arsed to read through them after 20 pages of back and forth.

We're only on page 5. In Finland 5 = 20?

So, do any of you have a plan as to how to approach EM with what you perceive as a problem? You guys should be brainstorming and focusing on that instead of the various classic posts I've made and that's saying A LOT. We all want the content so how can it be provided and still be equitable for all? Focus.

Doom972
16th Apr 2013, 22:31
Noooooooooooope.

Organize your thoughts, opinions, desires, grievances, etc in a comprehensible and cogent manner that would really show EM how right, knowledgeable and mature you are.

And there we have it: When you can't convince the other guy on a forum - attack him personally while avoiding the issues. Good job.

vallux
16th Apr 2013, 22:43
We're only on page 5. In Finland 5 = 20?

Yes. Also, Polar bears roam the streets and the Soviet Union still lives on in our red saunacooked hearts. We're special like that.

HERESY
17th Apr 2013, 00:56
Yes. Also, Polar bears roam the streets and the Soviet Union still lives on in our red saunacooked hearts. We're special like that.

You know what? The only good thing to ever come out of Finland was Tony Halme aka Ludvig Borga. Aside from him, I don't think Finland has made a substantial contribution to society.

You need to move to America.

And there we have it: When you can't convince the other guy on a forum - attack him personally while avoiding the issues. Good job.

You aren't being attacked. There was no Ad Hominem. I've addressed what needed to be addressed.

Time for you to move forward, son. How are you going to let Eidos Montreal know that they're doing the fans an customers and injustice? Stop focusing on HERESY and the 500+ classic posts and work towards getting EM to listen to everyones thoughts, opinions, desires, grievances, etc in a comprehensible and cogent manner that would really show EM how right, knowledgeable and mature you all are. (They already know what's up with HERESY, but it's you guys I'm worried about. I want you to shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.)

This thread has gone on for 5 pages and I want it to end in a positive note and with you guys taking the right steps to get what you want so focus on that.

CyberP
17th Apr 2013, 01:59
:nut:

Tverdyj
17th Apr 2013, 06:01
My Nokia phone makes me disagree about Finland. Kalevala was a pretty fun read, too. Oh, and let's not forget it was the first country in the world to make access to broadband Internet a human right.

Also, I'm only on page 3, so you're both wrong.

Ilves
17th Apr 2013, 07:56
Did you guys know that Finnish polar bears feed exclusively on a diet of trolls?

Doom972
17th Apr 2013, 07:58
You aren't being attacked. There was no Ad Hominem. I've addressed what needed to be addressed.

Time for you to move forward, son. How are you going to let Eidos Montreal know that they're doing the fans an customers and injustice? Stop focusing on HERESY and the 500+ classic posts and work towards getting EM to listen to everyones thoughts, opinions, desires, grievances, etc in a comprehensible and cogent manner that would really show EM how right, knowledgeable and mature you all are. (They already know what's up with HERESY, but it's you guys I'm worried about. I want you to shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.)

This thread has gone on for 5 pages and I want it to end in a positive note and with you guys taking the right steps to get what you want so focus on that.

When you say that someone is whining on a forum - which is a place to talk about anything relevant to the forum's subject - that's a personal attack. When you mock someone trying to have a serious conversation - that's a personal attack. When you are being proven wrong and hurl baseless accusations on the other guy's credibility and qualification - that's a personal attack.

I was willing to go along with it as long as there was still an argument about the issue of this thread, but it seems like you ran out of arguments and just decided to just mock me until I go away.

vallux
17th Apr 2013, 12:04
OH ****. Now you've done it. You don't talk about Finland like that! We are relevant, we do matter! I would have made a classic post about America, but quite a few good people here are from America - I think I'll hold my tongue for now.

PS. Tony Halme was boss.

nexusdx
18th Apr 2013, 05:54
I hate you EM. I'm out.

Count D
18th Apr 2013, 06:44
You know what? The only good thing to ever come out of Finland was Tony Halme aka Ludvig Borga. Aside from him, I don't think Finland has made a substantial contribution to society.

You need to move to America.

You just attacked his country, you jerkwad. That's pretty personal.

HERESY
18th Apr 2013, 15:35
You just attacked his country, you jerkwad. That's pretty personal.

A PRIME example of someone who should spend more time reading instead of trying to match wit, cognitive skills and charm with HERESY.

TIP: Read what you quoted again but this time pay attention to the NAMES.

OH ****. Now you've done it. You don't talk about Finland like that! We are relevant, we do matter! I would have made a classic post about America, but quite a few good people here are from America - I think I'll hold my tongue for now.

PS. Tony Halme was boss.

Now you get the purpose of forums. They're in the world so people like you and me can not just post but make "classic" posts. You're close, kud needs more help but he's getting there and cyberP is doing fine. You guys are all doing well. Put your best foot forward and have faith. You can do it!

PS Halme was boss.

JCpies
18th Apr 2013, 16:08
I think the coalition was right about a lack of quality moderating going on here. I come to a thread about additional content to find someone insulting Finland and post I can't even understand.

HERESY
18th Apr 2013, 17:12
I think the coalition was right about a lack of quality moderating going on here. I come to a thread about additional content to find someone insulting Finland and post I can't even understand.

Finland wasn't being insulted. Go back and read the exchange that prompted its mentioning.

Then go back and read how many times I've said to discuss the DC and to focus on a way to get EM to actually listen.

The coalition was right? It was persecution which was corrected by the ADMINS. You don't like the way I speak my mind? Place me on ignore, kick rocks or reply to me in a respectful manner. You do that and we're cool. You take my words out of context, lie and fail to read then we have a problem.

And I come to a FORUM dedicated to HUMAN REVOLUTION yet people like you want to bash it and turn this place to a relic's shrine. Grow up. Stop the PC elitist attitude. Stop the "I'm better because I played DX" thought and stop thinking if it doesn't fit your agenda then it's trolling.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Apr 2013, 17:26
Please put your guns away, we've now installed security bots in this wing.
The next person stepping out of line will be the target of infraction bullets... they hurt bad. :eek:
Avoid.

Count D
18th Apr 2013, 18:42
A PRIME example of someone who should spend more time reading instead of trying to match wit, cognitive skills and charm with HERESY.

TIP: Read what you quoted again but this time pay attention to the NAMES.

I have no idea who those people are.

-Neon-
18th Apr 2013, 19:15
Emile Pedneault, who is one of the game designers on the Wii U version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, believes that the game looks even sharper than the PC version. Pedneault was pressed to go into more detail about performance differences, but he would only say that the team had perfectly optimised the game’s engine, and that the Wii U hardware had “helped” with that task. Pedneault also said that they are not looking to incorporate any of the changes created for the Wii U version into the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC versions of the game.
-My Nintendo News (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/03/deus-ex-wii-u-is-even-sharper-than-pc-version-wii-u-features-wont-come-to-other-platforms/)
:<

hyperion86
18th Apr 2013, 20:27
It would really be a nice act from Eidos to release some of the changes and fixes to other platforms (specially the missing link integration), even if it is as a paid DLC.

As I said in another post, I have the PS3 and PC versions, and I will not be buying it again for the WiiU, simply because I think that having three copies of the same game is far too much. Still, it is nice that they decided to release it into more platforms and kept working on it, although I think they should not leave the others on the side, specially with the large support and fanbase that they have got from them.

Count D
21st Apr 2013, 15:53
Yeah, it would be really nice. Either that, or make a Legacy of Kain 6 (with Kain as the lead of course), otherwise I'm boycotting them.

furydeath
23rd Apr 2013, 12:14
Well time to uninstall them then seeing how I'll have no need to EVER play it again. And no I'm not spending $450 just for some new boss fights.

Oniros
26th Apr 2013, 01:59
I wouldn't mind this being DLC. C'mon Eidos, don't leave us in the dark!

AlexOfSpades
26th Apr 2013, 03:59
Did you guys know that Finnish polar bears feed exclusively on a diet of trolls?

This post deserves more recognition.

On the topic, i'm sure that Eidos would love to add the "missing content" as DLC, but we're not sure if its possible. New content is being shaped to fit the Wii U - we dont even know if it works on other platforms, and well if it does, its not going to be a very polished experience PC-wise.

Romeo
26th Apr 2013, 05:41
Come on lads and lasses. The amount of reported posts in the last 24 hours from this thread is mind-boggling. Play nice.

AlexOfSpades
26th Apr 2013, 12:49
Come on lads and lasses. The amount of reported posts in the last 24 hours from this thread is mind-boggling. Play nice.

MEO! Long time no see, man!

So, how is your Mod trigger finger going?

Pinky_Powers
26th Apr 2013, 14:36

I'm going to report you for reporting on reported posts. Then we can grab a tall lager and talk about crude sexual endeavors.

Tverdyj
26th Apr 2013, 22:02

He's alive!

also, it would seem I missed some firework last night. dissapointing.

furydeath
28th Apr 2013, 12:37
I think I'd speak for most PC players that we only want the better boss fights :p

Even tho i bet the mirror STILL isn't fix so take that WiiU >.> <.<

Tecman
1st May 2013, 13:12
Here's the real reason the DC is planned as a Wii-U exclusive:

n6M9OkuFuM0

:D

CyberP
1st May 2013, 15:06

Lol, cannot believe that was Elias :lol:

He can sing thanks to Sony, Sega, Microsoft and all the rest on my behalf also.

EricaLeeV
1st May 2013, 15:18
I'm dead. That video killed me.

Elias, you make me happy. Thanks Tec.

Pinky_Powers
1st May 2013, 17:04

n6M9OkuFuM0

At work and cannot see. I cry and tears over loss. Will watch when home.

Ashpolt
1st May 2013, 21:01
That video rocks! But also makes me sad because Les Miserables is not out on DVD / Blu Ray over here for another week and a half and I want to watch it again RIGHT NOW GODDAMMIT.

Spyhopping
1st May 2013, 22:36
Haha, cheers for posting. I think it's only natural that I visualised AJ singing that song. Perhaps before he started smoking.

Edit: Mildly offtopic, but terrifying weirdly cool frosty AJ.

Pm3lRPFJCa8&list=UUJ5Gi22qE3yoCEMTMwwMcFQ&index=3

Ilves
2nd May 2013, 17:28
So exactly how underused was Toufexis' skill as an actor in Human Revolutuion, eh?
Frosty clip goes to show how AJ's potential as an interesting character was squandered in HR. Wouldn't mind more AJ in future installments, provided they give Toufexis something intelligent to work with. He's got it in him.

edit: No song and dance number though, EM. No.

Tecman
2nd May 2013, 17:53
edit: No song and dance number though, EM. No.
Secret ending, duh.

bat_brain
11th May 2013, 22:32
a season pass that includes the directors cut, & the other dlc would be most excellent.