PDA

View Full Version : Will the Comics be rendered Non-Canon?

EliParker
20th Mar 2013, 16:51
If the Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut lets you finish the boss fights without killing them, does that render the comics non-canon?

The comic takes place after you kill Barrett, for anyone that didn't know.

68_pie
20th Mar 2013, 17:32
If you read the Eurogamer article it says that the bosses still die you just don't have to fight them in a conventional manner e.g. you might hack turrets to kill them instead.

MasterTaffer
20th Mar 2013, 17:48
If the Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut lets you finish the boss fights without killing them, does that render the comics non-canon?

They didn't change the story of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The bosses like Barrett still die, you just have more options when engaging them other than overt combat.

EliParker
20th Mar 2013, 17:53
Thanks, I guess I misinterpreted the article. Thanks for answering my question, fully these updates come to the PC version.

MasterTaffer
20th Mar 2013, 17:56
Thanks, I guess I misinterpreted the article. Thanks for answering my question....

No problem. :thumb:

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 14:05

The bosses always die. You MIGHT be able to defeat them without killing them, but in the game's plot, Adam Jensen has killed them. I wouldn't expect nothin less from him, since the Tyrants were responsible for nearly killing him and that demands REVENGEANCE.

HERESY
21st Mar 2013, 17:54
The bosses always die. You MIGHT be able to defeat them without killing them, but in the game's plot, Adam Jensen has killed them. I wouldn't expect nothin less from him, since the Tyrants were responsible for nearly killing him and that demands REVENGEANCE.
If you were to read my classic posts about the matter you'll see we're in agreement.

CyberP
2nd Apr 2013, 23:31

Depends. The game gives you the option to "Play Nice". Good guy dialogue options, the option to kill nobody, you don't have to steal everybody's credits and candybars. You can roleplay the pacifist, if that's your thing. It should apply to the bosses too, and then the story adapt, just like the original.
There wasn't much adaptive storytelling at all in HR.

The bosses work out perfectly for me because I almost always gun everyone down, but that is not the point. The bosses & related cutscenes were handled terribly.

How to do the cutscenes well? A simple example: FEMA Mission starts, as does kill counter. > 10 kills by the time you reach Barret, the cutscene plays, Adam enters lethal weapon in hand with a SWAT style entrance, checking corners etc. < 10 kills Adam enters creeping along, non-lethal weapon in hand. This is the only variation in the cutscene needed. Camera cut, Barret jumps down and punches Adam. Same segment for both stealth & lethal.
Of course this is a very basic example with little thought put into it, yet it is still better than what is currently in the game.