PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Rank Reset Issues | OP updated March 20

Relight-TRHQ
2nd Mar 2013, 06:40
Latest information

Hey everyone - we have an update from Eidos Montreal on March 20th:

I'm the lead programmer of the Eidos Montreal team. First of all, I understand your frustrations with this issue. Sadly this problem is not easily reproduced on our side that makes the fix harder to find. The more info we get from you the better we are able to find the root of this issue like on which platform, what happen just prior the rank reset, any other relevant info.

On a good note, one of the situations described seems to be related to freezes or crashes causing a profile corruption. This should be greatly improved with the upcoming patch because a rare crash in between rounds has been fixed.

Here's a small under the hood overview of the implementation. Your rank and salvage are saved in the user profile and transmits to our server to be viewed by everybody. The local user profile has always priority to the one online (it will be updated/overwritten each time the local profile is saved). The leaderboard stats (# kills, # deaths, # wins...) are saved on the first party (Microsoft, Sony or Steam) server that explains why even if your profile is reset it isn't affected.

We're working hard to address this issue and don’t worry the support team keeps an eye on the issues reported. Waiting for your comments & repro steps.

The DEV team

The trick mentioned on this thread for PC is valid :)
And on March 21, the developers mentioned that they probably won't be able to restore lost ranks:

We're working to prevent the reset first. Sadly I think you rank is lost :(

There is a way to backup your multiplayer profile:

=====

How to backup your profile on Xbox 360 or PS3

The file is accessible on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Though when accessing it on the Xbox 360 you must use a USB storage drive to back-up the file. On the PS3 you can store it on the online storage that they provide if you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus or use a USB storage drive.

PlayStation 3
Main Screen - Game - Saved Game Data Utility (PS3) - Tomb Raider profile data

Xbox 360
Dashboard - System - Storage - Games and Apps - Tomb Raider - Tomb Raider Profile Data

=====

How to backup your profile on PC

If you are on PC, you can backup your profile so that if a reset happens, you can restore your current rank:

1) Go here: C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\ (user id #) \203160\remote

2) Backup the profile.dat file in that directory after each play session.

3) If you experience a rank reset, copy your backup file back into that directory, overwriting the one that is there.

The path will be slightly different depending on your operating system, but as long as you know where your Steam directory is, you can find it from there.

=====

Description of the Multiplayer Rank Reset issue

1) Multiplayer Rank is reset without apparent cause. System may or may not have crashed or frozen previously.

2) Multiplayer Rank is reset when newest title update is applied.

3) Multiplayer Rank that was previously reset is not restored when title update is applied.

If you have experienced any of these issues, please post in this thread and let us know exactly what happened when you ran into any of these issues.

boribori831
6th Mar 2013, 04:46
was playing for about 8 hours and all of a sudden my stats reset. any way to help me fix this issue is greatly appreciated. am rank 36 on xbox live leaderboards for casual matches as "sticky axd". thanks

boribori831
6th Mar 2013, 06:15
was told i can get it back thru a reset from the game servers

boribori831
6th Mar 2013, 06:56
should i stop playing till they fix this?

boribori831
6th Mar 2013, 07:45
id kwhat to do i just posted a thread on the bugs sections, but should i not play online till they fix it, or will they even fix my stats.

Grotlo
6th Mar 2013, 21:09
I got my stats reset at level 18 (PC) when the game crashed after the round was finished. I think it stood "The profile is corrupted. Setting settings to default" or something. Probably no chance of getting my rank back, other than playing to it. What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Grotlo
6th Mar 2013, 21:13
id kwhat to do i just posted a thread on the bugs sections, but should i not play online till they fix it, or will they even fix my stats.

Happened to me too at level 18.

Relight-TRHQ
6th Mar 2013, 21:22
Hey guys,

Can you provide a bit more information? Trying to get a picture of how complete the reset was, whether it was just your rank or if it was more than that.

1) What system are you playing on? Xbox, PS3 or PC?

2) What were you doing when you noticed that your rank reset?

3) Did you lose your XP?
4) Did you lose your salvage?
5) Did you lose the upgrades you had purchased?
6) Did you lose the characters you had unlocked and/or purchased?

Grotlo
6th Mar 2013, 21:43
Hey guys,

Can you provide a bit more information? Trying to get a picture of how complete the reset was, whether it was just your rank or if it was more than that.

3) Did you lose your XP?
1) PC
2) The game crashed after the match ended.
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes

Evermax
7th Mar 2013, 00:34
1) PC
2) The game crashed after the match ended.
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes

Same

boribori831
7th Mar 2013, 01:18
on the.Xbox. game froze then when I restarted everything was back to zero other than my kills and deaths

boribori831
7th Mar 2013, 01:25
also my rank on the leaderboard remained also

boribori831
7th Mar 2013, 02:49
I'm already back up to the recent level pretty much so I wouldnt want a reset back to how it was but would like to avoid this again for me and other consumers

Relight-TRHQ
7th Mar 2013, 03:24
If you are on PC, you can backup your profile so that if a reset happens, you can restore your current rank:

1) Go here: C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\ (user id #) \203160\remote

2) Backup the profile.dat file in that directory after each play session.

3) If you experience a rank reset, copy your backup file back into that directory, overwriting the one that is there.

The path will be slightly different depending on your operating system, but as long as you know where your Steam directory is, you can find it from there.

Evermax
7th Mar 2013, 18:41
No Response from support team?

Relight-TRHQ
7th Mar 2013, 20:17
No Response from support team?
My guess is that the support team has their hands full :) They may not be able to directly reply to posts here, unless they request some additional information on specific cases to help them track down the bugs. In terms of seeing a response from the support team, my guess is that many of the problems being reported will need to be fixed by patches / title updates to the game or with updated drivers. In both cases, we'll see these once they are released. I know that I'd much rather the support team spend their time gathering the info and getting it to the developers, rather than trying to answer every post here when they probably wouldn't be able to provide a solid answer anyway. I know it's frustrating experiencing problems and waiting for them to be fixed, but it is what it is :o

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 20:23
Hey everyone sorry about the rank reset. I will forward this problem to the developers and see if we can't get this issue resolved for everyone.

Evermax
8th Mar 2013, 03:47
Thank you Param for your support.
I'm already past my reseted level so i'm ok already... too addicted to this wonderful game; good job :D

davirot
8th Mar 2013, 10:35
im played multiplayer yesterday and im on level 20 unfotunately today i start with level 1 when i turned on my xbox what just happened ? :mad2:

IStoleYourCorn
9th Mar 2013, 05:21
I play on Xbox 360. My rank was also reset back to 1. My gamertag is: IStoleYourCorn. My stats remain what they used to be on the leaderboard, but otherwise I am back to level 1 with no unlocks, no characters, and no salvage. I lost everything I had unlocked prior to signing on and attempting to play today. This is very frustrating and am hopeful that a solution can be found and possibly have everything I had earned prior to being reset restored back to my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karassnowblind
9th Mar 2013, 21:16
Sooo furious with the hand ive been dealt thanks a millon, i have tomb raider on xbox and im going for 1000 achives no problems. Finished the main game done.. Ive played online and reach level 30 twice!!! Ive had my data removed and restarted!!!??? Wtf is going on. Ive had enough ive lost Lot of respect for the conpany And in really pissed off wastin the time i dont have for this s**t unless you can resolve this .. I even have footage and proof from my level 30 profile

Cazzara
9th Mar 2013, 22:19
Hey,

So, basically, I have finished the campaign, and during playing occasionally the game would freeze which isn't anything I cared about after having read about the PC issues etc. However, it did corrupt my save file, but it didn't do anything harmful or game breaking as I could still play from where I left off. I didn't think much of it... until now.

I played a bit of multiplayer in between the campaign, not long though so it hasn't even bothered me up until now. I've found that every time the crash happens and says my save is corrupt, it resets my level and everything online back to 1. This has been an annoyance considering I managed to reach quite a high level, only to be reset back to Level 1... :/

Has anyone else had this issue, and is this something easily resolvable?

Thanks.

UPDATE: When on leaderboards my Kills-Deaths are on there... so it is only resetting my level :/

BarnabyJones
11th Mar 2013, 00:34
Yeah, my rank just reset on Xbox 360 as well. I was level 27 or so, but now I'm level 3. Oddly enough, according to the leaderboards I'm level 3.. with 173 kills, 101 deaths, 74 downed enemies, etc.

Oh, and I lost everything. Upgrades, salvage, level, etc.

Legendary Plank
11th Mar 2013, 03:16
All I can suggest to avoid this type of thing (on xbox anywho) is to never go to the dashboard unless you are on the main menu. Also, try to avoid leaving matches mid-way. Try to avoid using the guide whilst in a match.

gunnvor
11th Mar 2013, 17:41
:( I was playing at level 40 about to be 41 during a game of rescue when I leveled to ...level 2?????????? GRRRRR!

I lost all salvage and unlockable characters and upgrades.

It left me able to continue playing with my selected saboteur and unlockable 40 level survivor (blond guy with shades) along with whatever loadout I had left on those two characters.

before that match I downloaded the two hitman weapon packs and change my loadouts. I also did 4 private matches to test out the new weapons solo. Then the nightmare rescue match.

My ranking info is unchanged for casual and it still shows level 40 but for ranked it says level 2 (level 5 after I rebooted and played another FFA match). It still has the kills and other info that matches the level 40 that I had.

Pleas help!!! :(

gamertag Kolumkilli

gunnvor
11th Mar 2013, 17:42
I think I forgot to mention I was playing on Xbox.

Angry_Goku
13th Mar 2013, 21:51
Help I live in Australia and can not find support for this game anyway all the numbers contact details are for USA and UK only my problem is my rank and salvage is gone been reset it happened on Xbox 360 please admin read this and help me

Angry_Goku
14th Mar 2013, 01:50
Should I keep playing or wait it out !! please fix rank reset issue asap

Relight-TRHQ
14th Mar 2013, 02:20
Should I keep playing or wait it out !! please fix rank reset issue asap
If you don't want to lose your progress again, since this could happen until it's fixed, I would recommend waiting it out. It's an unfortunate problem that has happened to a number of people :( The game isn't going anywhere, so while I know people really would like to play the game now, the best way to avoid the issue is to wait. From updates in other threads, we can see that Crystal is quite busy fixing things and preparing more updates as soon as they can. I'm sure they will address this issue as soon as they can because they know how important multiplayer rank is to gamers.

Definitely keep a watch here on the forums, since this is the place to find all the latest news, as it happens, in regards to patches and title updates.

Angry_Goku
14th Mar 2013, 02:37
Okay and true ill do that then the only really frustrating thing is they need to be able set up there phone number for Australia people cause we have no where to call the number they give us is for namco bandai which when you call them they say they cant help and have no suggestions on what to do I accidentally found this forum would be good even on there website tombraider.com put up a notice saying they know its a problem and looking on how to fix it would be nice just to et every one know

Doylepaul
14th Mar 2013, 15:04
Same happened to me after I hit level 60. Need some way to restore otherwise I'm never playing it again.

Angry_Goku
15th Mar 2013, 00:28
Hey just letting ppl know square enix replyed to my email support and they said

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We do apologize issue you have experienced. There will be an update for the Xbox 360 in a couple of days we are waiting for approval from Microsoft. Hopefully this will address the issue you experienced.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

So hopefully this will fix all are problems :) im in love with this game can't wait to play multiplayer again

Toa TAK
18th Mar 2013, 17:21
Hi, my mulitplayer rank just reset after downloading the recent TU this morning. I was level 21 1st prestige on the Xbox 360. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this or if there's anything I can do at all? If it helps, my gamertag is "Toa TAK".

Aeternox
18th Mar 2013, 18:55
So lastnight I was playing MP with my friend and I was currently a 2nd lvl prestige 27 and had over 250k worth of salvage and all my characters unlocked and almost done with this horrible PRESTIGE grind for the shopaholic achievement.

Today I boot up the game and get the 45 mb update thinking wow they're finally going to give us the "General" for free like people have been talking about and I was finally going to be done with the MP today.:worship:

No instead I'm greeted by the menus being reset and all my INFO just completely ERASED!, Even tho my SAVE file still shows yesterday's info when I look at MY HD. I also would like to point out I didn't turn off my console or leave ANY menus yesterday while the game auto saved. MY info was erased from my save file via TODAY'S update! But yet my Campaign auto save is still intact thank god because I wouldn't even bother to play this over either if it was reset too! I'm sorry but this for me is a game breaking glitch,
now I'm back to square one and with this happening Crystal Dynamics has lost a long time customer and fan of Tomb Raider. :(

The simple fact that this ridiculous Prestige 3 times to get one character takes HOURS and HOURS of playing to even get close to getting this done I don't have the will to restart and I DEMAND this gets fixed somehow:mad2:

I refuse to endorse or even purchase any future products from this company and sorry to say Crystal Dynamics that this is my VERY 1st post on your forums and probably the LAST one too which is sad.

I can't believe that a game company would do this to people especially when you make a overburdening requirements to unlock a measly 20gs achievement with 100 plus hours of grinding.:rolleyes:

Hopefully this can be fixed someway or HELL even just give me back my characters and my 250k salvage I saved up to buy all the attachments for the weapons and I'll grind to 58 and wait for the stupid general patch supossidly being released on the next update or whatever.:mad2:

Aeternox
18th Mar 2013, 18:58
I just posted in the forums with the same issue and I didn't know I wasn't alone on this, but in my expierience with this kind of bug it won't get fixed. Like the GOW3 bug that erases your seriously 3.0 stats I'd imagine that this update has corrupted the save file atleast it has seemed to do that to mine even tho when I look at my HD it says it still is yesterdays save file.:lmao:

Legendary Plank
18th Mar 2013, 20:37
Thats a ridiculous reason to boycott a developer. Its as if you were waiting for some excuse.

TranceTrouble
18th Mar 2013, 20:46
Thats a ridiculous reason to boycott a developer. Its as if you were waiting for some excuse.

let's remember that it is his personal choice and we should accept that although we might think it doesn't make sense. :)

its a weird kind of glitch/bug though and i feel your frustration i would also freak out if my MP stats would get a reset for several games ;)

Angry_Goku
19th Mar 2013, 09:12
I have been told from square enix the next update was ment to restore my lost multiplayer rank I got the update today and did not fix the problem has any1 else have this problem? Do I just start all over again is there a point cause can't I just lose my rank again?

CokneyCharmer
20th Mar 2013, 12:54
Have seen reports that the latest title update on the Xbox Platform, 43mb in size, has for some but not all, been corrupting save game files, profile data and resetting MP levels

I know this has happened to 2 of my friends, I would advise those on the Xbox Platform to use Cloud or USB to copy your save games and profile data so you have a backup just in case

Sadly MP profile data is stored online, and that is reset then thats it

Shame that so many will be effected by this, hopefully it can be reviewed and corrected quickly

frobichaud
20th Mar 2013, 14:36
I'm the lead programmer of the Eidos Montreal team. First of all, I understand your frustrations with this issue. Sadly this problem is not easily reproduced on our side that makes the fix harder to find. The more info we get from you the better we are able to find the root of this issue like on which platform, what happen just prior the rank reset, any other relevant info.

On a good note, one of the situations described seems to be related to freezes or crashes causing a profile corruption. This should be greatly improved with the upcoming patch because a rare crash in between rounds has been fixed.

Here's a small under the hood overview of the implementation. Your rank and salvage are saved in the user profile and transmits to our server to be viewed by everybody. The local user profile has always priority to the one online (it will be updated/overwritten each time the local profile is saved). The leaderboard stats (# kills, # deaths, # wins...) are saved on the first party (Microsoft, Sony or Steam) server that explains why even if your profile is reset it isn't affected.

We're working hard to address this issue and don’t worry the support team keeps an eye on the issues reported. Waiting for your comments & repro steps.

The DEV team

The trick mentioned on this thread for PC is valid :)

RybatGrimes
20th Mar 2013, 22:34
Ugggh, so I just got on like 2 minutes ago, and everything was normal. But it asked me to do the brigness setting like it did the first time I got on, then it congratulated me on all of the DLC I downloaded, as if it was my first time on. I go to my saves, fine, I go to MP and my rank is reset. I'm on Xbox 360.

I was a rank.. uhm, 56 or so? I can't remember exactly. It's been quite a few days since I've went to the MP area.

Angry_Goku
21st Mar 2013, 02:39
The platform I got reset is Xbox 360 the last thing I did was I was in a private match exploring the maps with friends on game type call for help and the map was the underground that had the bridge that u could explode and the turret after that game I turned off Xbox the next day when I signed into tomb raider it was acting like it was my first time playing the game congrats on dlc and all that was popping up and my friends who were also with me in the private match did not get reset

Platform:Xbox 360
Last thing doing: private match
Game type: call for help

Toa TAK
21st Mar 2013, 05:31
The DEV team

Thank you for the update! Really appreciate it.

RybatGrimes
21st Mar 2013, 05:59
So is this going to be fixed frobichaud? Or are we sol and just going to have to tough it out?

Rider
21st Mar 2013, 09:45
How can i reset my MP stats and start from beginning??

frobichaud
21st Mar 2013, 14:07
I turned off Xbox the next day when I signed into tomb raider it was acting like it was my first time playing the game congrats on dlc and all that was popping up and my friends who were also with me in the private match did not get reset

In the meantime, did you install the title update 2? When did you turn off your console? For instance, I turned off my console when I was in the result screen after a match. For your info, turning off the result screen is a bad idea, we're saving the profile at this moment.

We're working hard to find the perfect solution for the next patch.

Sorry for the inconvenient.

Angry_Goku
21st Mar 2013, 14:12
This rank reset happined before the latest title update march 19th update and I turned off my xbox when I was back at the tittle screen after the private match game

frobichaud
21st Mar 2013, 14:13
If you want to flush your stats (rank and salvage), delete your profile data from Tomb Raider (or your storage). It won't change your stats on the leaderboards though. To do that, you need a new Xbox/PSN account :(

frobichaud
21st Mar 2013, 14:22
This rank reset happined before the latest title update march 19th update and I turned off my xbox when I was back at the tittle screen after the private match game
Did you see a message pop up saying your profile was corrupted?

Angry_Goku
21st Mar 2013, 14:24
Does it look possible you will be able to restore our ranks or at least prevent from resetting ? Really want to get back into the multiplayer just don't see the point if I get reset again

frobichaud
21st Mar 2013, 14:54
Does it look possible you will be able to restore our ranks or at least prevent from resetting ? Really want to get back into the multiplayer just don't see the point if I get reset again

We're working to prevent the reset first. Sadly I think you rank is lost :( We thought to retrieve it from the server but the problem is we don't conserve the salvage spent which could create an exploit.

Angry_Goku
21st Mar 2013, 14:55
Did you see a message pop up saying your profile was corrupted?
No I didn't the next day when I reloaded the game it was as if I it was the first time I played the game all the pop ups with congratz on the dlc you have unlocked etc

Angry_Goku
22nd Mar 2013, 02:20
Ok I deleted my profile data and that is exactly what happined to me when I lost my rank that's the exact message I got saying congrats you bought etc and congrats ... Was installed when I got reset tho I didn't delete the profile data or I didn't get a ,estate saying my profile was corrupt i hope this helps 1 step closer to fixing the problem

Angry_Goku
22nd Mar 2013, 02:24
Hopefully you can find a way so are ranks are stored on the server and not locally and as for the salvage its disappointing you can't restore that I think if possible what you should do is the people who have been reset give them 20000 salvage even tho people most likely had a lot more then that its better then starting from scratch again I really want to support this game as much as possible and just would be nice as we the people who got reset are missing out on a fantastic game cause we don't want to play and get reset again so we are patiently waiting for this to be fixed please don't let us down

ThatMaskedMan
22nd Mar 2013, 11:22
After downloading the newest update, I played a few matches online. The next day, I got the "you have unlocked new DLC" message and my rank had been reset. Not to mention, all of the "extras" from the single player campaign, concept art, models, etc, have been lost, even on my 100% completion game save. I play on Xbox 360. From the sound of things, none of this can be restored, I guess I'm done with your game

Angry_Goku
22nd Mar 2013, 14:07
Hey the masked man I understand we're you are coming from but give them a chance you know how amazing this game is and yes this happening is a let down best thing we can do is say exactly what happined when it happined and hopefully they find a way to fix it and as you can see there are a lot of ppl having this problem so hopefully it's there top priority to get it fixed

ThatMaskedMan
22nd Mar 2013, 17:43
Yeah, I get that they are trying to prevent it from happening again, and I appreciate that. But they have already stated they probably can't restore our lost progress. So, I guess I'm good. I hope they fix it for those who still want to play it.

Forsythia
23rd Mar 2013, 17:56
So, on Xbox 360, what file do I need to backup? Is it the profile data file?

Angry_Goku
24th Mar 2013, 04:31
I would back up your profile data because I think that is what is getting ppl reset the profile data not syncing with the servers or sumthing like that

Angry_Goku
24th Mar 2013, 09:25
Edidos ppl can you please keep posting here keep us upto date with what's going on we are waiting patiently waiting to get back on tomb raider but as you already can tell ppl are leaving the game not bothering with it Anymore so please hurry up

Donnylad
25th Mar 2013, 18:03
1) What system are you playing on? Xbox, PS3 or PC? XBOX 360

2) What were you doing when you noticed that your rank reset? I played on Saturday 23/03/13 and also bought the DLC I was lvl 43 then when I come to play the game today Monday 25/03/13 I am back to lvl 1 I have lost every thing I DO NOT HAVE 1xp its reset every thing

3) Did you lose your XP? every bit of XP from lvl 43 back to lvl 1
4) Did you lose your salvage? yes I did lose Salvage
5) Did you lose the upgrades you had purchased? Don't know what you mean but if you mean DLC I still had them
6) Did you lose the characters you had unlocked and/or purchased? YES I lost my characters I unlocked

JUST TO ADD TO THE END I LOST EVERY THING 100% OF ALL MULTIPLAYER HAS BEEN RESET characters / salvage every lvl from 43 back to lvl 1 with no XP

Relight-TRHQ
25th Mar 2013, 18:19
So, on Xbox 360, what file do I need to backup? Is it the profile data file?
Yes, just to confirm, the file that needs to be backed up for Multiplayer data is profile.dat. I'm not sure if this file is accessible on Xbox or PS3, but that's the file.

CRUSHER1971
26th Mar 2013, 22:34
GET RID OF THIS GAME, SQUARE ENIX HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR SERVERS. THEY KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND IT WILL RESET YOU TO 0 SALVAGE 0 XP AND YOU LOOSE EVERYTHIG YOU DID. NEVER BUY SQUARE ENIX AGAIN!!!!

CRUSHER1971
26th Mar 2013, 23:39
GET RID OF THIS GAME, SQUARE ENIX HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR SERVERS. THEY KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND IT WILL RESET YOU TO 0 SALVAGE 0 XP AND YOU LOOSE EVERYTHIG YOU DID. NEVER BUY SQUARE ENIX AGAIN!!!! AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ANY OF IT BACK

CRUSHER1971
27th Mar 2013, 13:22
[QUOTE=boribori831;1872588]was told i can get it back thru a reset from the game servers[/QUOTE

I have contacted Square Enix by phone, 310-846-0345. They told me that even if they do come out with a patch they will not be giving anyone back their xp or salvage. I had prestiged, and just under 100,000 salvage. Bought every character but the general. Its all gone:mad2:

CRUSHER1971
30th Mar 2013, 11:59
I have posted on here about this before but they deleted it i guess because it is gone. They will NOT be giving any of your xp, salvage or characters back even after the patch, if there is one. When I called support they told me so sorry too bad cant do anything about it, have a good day. Not exact words but you get the point. I have already traded in the game and I encourage everyone to do the same. I loved the game but square enix has bad customer service and if they are not willing to fix and give backwhat THEY screwed up then why buy anything made by them.

CRUSHER1971
30th Mar 2013, 12:13
Ok just signed into xbl. A friend messaged me. Had got reset before, he just got back to 59 last night. And this morning he is reset a SECOND time!!! You people suck ass! He is trading it in today. Everyone do the same. If they loose money because you tell people not to buy the game in the first place they MIGHT do something but I doubt it. They dont care about their customers as long as they make their cash!!

CRUSHER1971
30th Mar 2013, 12:18
We do respect everyone's opinion, but please do not state the same thing over again and please do not force your opinions on anyone else. We do appreciate your feedback and we do apologize that the game did not meet your expectations.

I will post this on EVERY forum I can find!! As many times as I want. Ever heard of free spech! I am not forcing anyone to agree if they choose to thats thier decision. So go back to your hole and try fixing YOUR problem and stop spending you time trying to prevent what you cannot stop, ME.:rasp:

chinchilla
2nd Apr 2013, 04:06
Haven't played in about 14 days came on tonight had an update lost everything went down to rank one, all salvage was storing up gone, the rank 40 is obviously gone, and what really was surprising I had my game 100% and all the extras are locked now..., I think the update needs to go that caused this. Until this is resolved I'm no longer playing Tomb Raider, Please fix this I have enjoyed playing your game but this is very bad.

Driber
2nd Apr 2013, 08:49
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

Haven't played in about 14 days came on tonight had an update lost everything went down to rank one, all salvage was storing up gone, the rank 40 is obviously gone, and what really was surprising I had my game 100% and all the extras are locked now..., I think the update needs to go that caused this. Until this is resolved I'm no longer playing Tomb Raider, Please fix this I have enjoyed playing your game but this is very bad.

Welcome to the forums. Can you please provide more detailed information, such as what steps you took that triggered it?

This problem seems to be a very difficult one to reproduce by the devs, so posting as much info as possible would be helpful for them to pin down what's causing this and/or how to fix it in a patch :)

chinchilla
2nd Apr 2013, 15:40
additional information was on xbox 360, have gold membership, had 5 of the free dlc add on's for the scavenger hunt promotion, had shantytown map from gamestop installed and also the two characters that came with the limited edition strategy guide; scavenger scout and scavenger executioner installed. I choose appear offline on xbox when I sign in. I also had a square enix account linked in game. All I did was start tomb raider as normal had an update then I went into multiplayer started a ranked team deathmatch and my friend who I was in a party said I was rank 1.

SE_Param
2nd Apr 2013, 16:46
Yes, just to confirm, the file that needs to be backed up for Multiplayer data is profile.dat. I'm not sure if this file is accessible on Xbox or PS3, but that's the file.

The file is accessible on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Though when accessing it on the Xbox 360 you must use a USB storage drive to back-up the file. On the PS3 you can store it on the online storage that they provide if you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus or use a USB storage drive.

PlayStation 3
Main Screen - Game - Saved Game Data Utility (PS3) - Tomb Raider profile data

Xbox 360
Dashboard - System - Storage - Games and Apps - Tomb Raider - Tomb Raider Profile Data

unwoven
2nd Apr 2013, 22:12
Hey there. I was playing Tomb Raider Multiplayer on Xbox under the gamertag "unwoven" for a few hours today. It froze maybe two or three times during matches, but everything was fine when I booted the game back up.

Later, I was thrown in a Casual Rescue match that had no one on the Solarii team. I grabbed the medkits so the match would end and I could move on, but as soon as I got to the lobby, it froze again. This time, when I started the game back up, all of my multiplayer progress was wiped. Experience, salvage and all my purchases.

I think I was either level 34 or 35, previously. All of my Leaderboard stats are the same, as if I were still at my previous level. My single player game doesn't seem to be affected at all.

Hope this helps.

Papa Tenenbaum
3rd Apr 2013, 02:52
Hey guys,

3) Did you lose your XP?

1) Xbox

2) I had just entered Multiplayer via the main menu and I noticed the red exclamation marks beside characters and loadouts. I clicked on these and it was then that I noticed that my rank had been reset to 1. I had previously installed the mandatory update, played single player for a while offline, then when I was connected to Xbox live again and entered Multiplayer (as above) I noticed the change.

3) All XP was reset.
4) All salvage was lost
5) All upgrades were lost
6) All characters were lost

P.N. If I look on the leaderboards I can see my correct stats on there but that shows my rank at 1. 302 kills is alot for someone on level 1 however.

Punisher
7th Apr 2013, 20:27
I've been playing multiplayer quite a bit and today when I logged in I saw that my game was reset to zero completely. No stats remained completely wiped. On Xbox, my sp save file is intact. I've been grinding to get the last achievements (mp). Frankly it's awful multiplayer and does not belong in the slightest. I don't understand why these idiots keep making mp dock, we want sp dlc. Anyway, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Punisher
7th Apr 2013, 20:44
Hi is anyone even on this forum?

pidipidi39
7th Apr 2013, 22:05
:whistle:

I honestly don't know.

What level were you on?

RichardCroft
7th Apr 2013, 22:54
I've been playing multiplayer quite a bit and today when I logged in I saw that my game was reset to zero completely. No stats remained completely wiped.
This just happened to me! I was playing multiplayer on "Cry For Help" mode and, when my team won the match, everything glitched and I was sent to the main menu. So far so great. Then, I started another match, this time in "Team Deathmatch" and my character changed from Alex (which is always my first choice) to Grim, wtf?? When the match was over we were sent to the lobby and then I looked at my level: 1!!

Interesting fact: I still have my guns upgraded and skills, but they are locked up again.

Level: 48 (almost on level 49, I just needed a little bit more XP)
Platform: PS3

Is there a way to solve this? I tried to restart the game, I even shutted down my console. This is really upsetting :(

Punisher
8th Apr 2013, 00:18
R_Croft. It didn't happen to me ingame, I started it up this morning and noticed everything was gone. I was lvl 36. Now I'm boosting. I'm angry that they aren't making any SP DLC, it would be perfect given you can sandbox the game once you beat it. This MP is garbage, total crap. It drags down the SP which is one of the best I've played in years and years.

RichardCroft
8th Apr 2013, 00:40
Nevertheless, playing multiplayer was a total waste of time tbh! I spent an entire month playing everyday and suddenly everything got wiped out?! :(
I really hope there is a way to fix this, until then I'm not going to touch the game :hmm:

DannyDubs
11th Apr 2013, 14:29
Just thought I'd throw out some details about my multiplayer stat reset:

Platform: Xbox 360 (Gamertag: Danny Dubs 86)

I was rank 52-53, playing as normal yesterday (10 April, 2013). I started having some serious lag issues (up to a second delay, neither enemies nor I taking damage while standing close together shooting each other, etc.). Then, after changing lobbies a few times, I started seeing some bizarre things: I would get the "Easy Prey" feat on every kill, batteries would drop through the floor in Cry For Help matches, and the "Shopaholic" achievement even popped for me randomly in the middle of a match (it happened right after I killed several enemies with a single explosive barrel). It wasn't just one lobby, either, as I would change lobbies (and game modes) and still see the weird stuff happening.

When I quit last night, nothing seemed explicitly off. When I logged in this morning, everything except for my leaderboard stats had been reset - XP, ranks, trials, salvage, characters, and upgrades were all set back to zero. I played another game, thinking that it might get the info back from the leaderboard servers, but nothing was recovered.

AVEart
13th Apr 2013, 10:45
is it possable to make a backup of my safefile when i don't have a playstation plus subscribtion , saving my profile-data doesn't seem to copy to my usb , altought the gamefiles does.:scratch:
this file is probably copy protected ??
i want to make a backup for my multiplayer stats.

RichardCroft
16th Apr 2013, 17:25
^The backup of save files is only possible through a subscription of PlayStation Plus - I had to subscribe.
It's a bit pointless though, we should be able to backup to an usb drive or something. PS Plus is a total waste of money imo :p

Yansazonov
17th Apr 2013, 14:21
My GT : Yansazonov. (1 prestige level 10)
I've tried to off/on console- didn't work.

Yansazonov
17th Apr 2013, 14:25
I've lost my level and upgrades in MP (XBL)
Gamertag Yansazonov (1 prestige level 10).
Just launch TR and then messages of "congrantulations, you have unlocked" pop-out.
Start MP & lost all ranking.

RichardCroft
17th Apr 2013, 14:36
That happened to me as well but on PS3. There is no way to fix it, you have to start all over again, unfortunately :(

Yansazonov
17th Apr 2013, 14:40
I was thinking developers can do something.
Anyway,thx for truth.

RichardCroft
17th Apr 2013, 14:44
No problem, if you're going to start all over again please make sure to backup your files, in case it happens again ;)

Keep looking at this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135659), it may be helpful somehow :)

Yansazonov
17th Apr 2013, 14:46
Okay ^^

CakeLuv
17th Apr 2013, 14:52
1 last question - how to backup my saves on Xbox?

Did you read the post above? lol

RichardCroft
17th Apr 2013, 14:55
Saves Location: Dashboard - System - Storage - Games and Apps - Tomb Raider - Tomb Raider Profile DataIt's in my previous post :p (you can use an usb drive to store the files)

I have an Xbox but I barely use it so I'm not sure exactly what to do next. You have to press "Y" on the file to choose the backup option, I think :scratch:

Yansazonov
17th Apr 2013, 15:07
Thank you all,guys!
I've read 1st page of this thread - just was trying to edit my message to not confuse you.

chinchilla
18th Apr 2013, 04:34
I'm guessing no update?

Ascendancy2012
18th Apr 2013, 19:49
my rank reset just yesterday i was a level 46 and now im a level 18. so this is still not fixed

Yansazonov
21st Apr 2013, 21:48
If anyone from MP dev. team reading it:
I was enjoying MP,but not playing it now.
I've lost respect in you guys, because of multiplayer reset. U loose 1 player in MP.
And the most awful thing that u can't do anything.

Sicarius
23rd Apr 2013, 01:48
i believe I was level 43 , might have been 44, when I was reset today. I downloaded the update twodays ago and even played in between. The ranked leaderboards show me as level 33 (casual shows me at current level 8). I would gladly take that level 33 though. It's really going to blow if I have to play another ten hours to get back to where I was.

Toa TAK
29th Apr 2013, 22:30
I've been reset for the third time now. Why hasn't there been a fix yet?

Relight-TRHQ
29th Apr 2013, 22:40
I've been reset for the third time now.
Have you checked out the information in the first post of this thread, about how to backup your profile? Why not backup your profile if you've already had this happen to you twice?

Why hasn't there been a fix yet?
I won't speak for the developers, but I would guess that the issue has not been fixed yet since it seems like it is difficult to reproduce:

Sadly this problem is not easily reproduced on our side that makes the fix harder to find.

One thing to remember is that even a bug that is experienced hundreds of times can be rare when you consider the hundreds of thousands if not millions of matches that are being played.

Toa TAK
29th Apr 2013, 23:24
Have you checked out the information in the first post of this thread, about how to backup your profile? Why not backup your profile if you've already had this happen to you twice?

I did. :(

Relight-TRHQ
29th Apr 2013, 23:32
I did. :(
You're on Xbox 360, right? Were you able to restore your backup?

Toa TAK
30th Apr 2013, 00:32
You're on Xbox 360, right? Were you able to restore your backup?

No. I had it on a USB drive.

JessicaRangel
4th May 2013, 00:29
Here's to the developers, it might help you:

I have two PS3 and found a curious fact.

Considering the profile save is unfortunately copy-protected, that is, cannot be copied to an USB drive, due to the online storage only be accessible to Playstation Plus subscribers, and that I am not a subscriber...

I played MP up to rank 44 in PS3 #1, no problems or corrupt saves, even with a great amount of freezes and subsequent match quits before the first patches.

However, when I tried to play online on my PS3 #2, I had absolutely no level, rank or salvage. Despite copying my single player save files, the game keeps asking me to adjust brightness and register to Square Enix when it boots (After all, it just created my profile save).

However, looking back to PS3 #1, the rank, salvage and level are intact, still in rank 44.

In Uncharted 2/3 and Mass Effect 3, other games I play online, there's no need to copy any profile save, as the one backed up online/cloud storage is always the priority.

Perhaps the game is not overwriting the local save with the online/cloud save? If so, fixing this might help solve the issue, as everyone is still in the same place in the leaderboards regardless of rank reset.

As a note, I didn't play anything online in PS3 #2 for fear it would overwrite my rank.:whistle:

BrandonBeatz
13th May 2013, 20:44
Hey I put so much time into Tomb Raider I was 1st prestige level 36 wjen I got on one day and everything was reset. It asked me to edit my brightness like I just got the game. Then multiplayer was completely reset. I lost all my purchased Characters and salvage. I was back to level one. Please fix this soon. I love this game. And it's really unfair what's happening here.

Asian Inferno
13th May 2013, 21:48
Honestly Multiplayer Stats and Progress should NEVER have been left to be tampered with on a local device. While my stats weren't wiped randomly, they were wiped accidentally due to a rewrite.

I usually save all my data (On the 360) to my 32GB Flash Drive because my 20GB HD's too small. Anyways I loaded up Tomb Raider yesterday and I accidentally clicked on the wrong storage device to save to (IE: Hard Drive). Instead of Dashboard-ing it and restarting Tomb Raider, I decided to use the "Change Storage Device" option in-game. Every game I play has this option and it would allow me to change to my Flash Drive to save data to without the need to go through the aforementioned process.

What I get instead is a complete overwrite of my Multiplayer progress, and my 35 with whatever unlocks were done all relocked and my level back down to 1. This should NEVER ever happen! If multiplayer progress and ranks were uploaded directly to the server and the server taken precedence over local, then we wouldn't even have to backup our data, or in my case accidentally overwrite it! I'm still quite frustrated over this barbaric process, but I have exceeded further than my old progress. Please, fix this if not for this game then for the sequel! (Along with a working Multiplayer "virtual couch" Party function [up to 4 friends], standard for all multiplayer games)

BrandonBeatz
15th May 2013, 02:15
I'm extremely mad right now because I worked so hard to get 1st prestige level 36 on Tomb Raider ( Xbox 360 ), And then one day I get on and EVERYTHING'S reset. I was level one, Lost EVERYTHING unlockable, And all my salvage. You guys better be able to recover it somehow. That's ridiculous

RybatGrimes
15th May 2013, 03:49
I'm extremely mad right now because I worked so hard to get 1st prestige level 36 on Tomb Raider ( Xbox 360 ), And then one day I get on and EVERYTHING'S reset. I was level one, Lost EVERYTHING unlockable, And all my salvage. You guys better be able to recover it somehow. That's ridiculous

Yep that's what happened to me, except I was juuust about to level 60. And boom, one day, everything was gone. Completely killed my interest in the MP.

bradismacca
16th May 2013, 03:44
You have not released this game's multiplayer to a standard that games have in these days. Hundreds of people's levels have been reset because of your bull**** even with the patches you could not fix this problem. I was at level 47 and 59 and your ******* bull**** made me reset and lose hours of gameplay. But I'm not the worst case with people that are prestige 3 getting reset too. Fix this now and get people's levels back.

blasio86
18th May 2013, 06:13
Hey guys,

3) Did you lose your XP?

Hi
1. PC
2. I restarted Steam - no change
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes

Name: Razor [H] (prestige level 3)
Rank: 31, Kills: 12210, Deaths: 4342, Downed enemies: 19, Kill/Death ratio: 2.81 (for Leaderboards - the data disappeared since then)

I started playing again -> after steam synchronisation -> I got back onto the 1 level...

I deactivated the steam synchronisation.
My old data disappeared from the ranklist.
Would it be possible to restore the data somehow?
I played a lot for this level!!
Please help me!

Tricky Rich
19th May 2013, 13:33
Hi, I was level 30, playing all morning 19 May on Xbox 360. I had a break (turned off the console) come back turned on loaded up TR, all of my salvage, characters, weapons and that have gone. On the leader boards (casual only) all the kills, deaths, level etc are still there.

Look up: Le Gonk 80

Is there a way repairing this. I am not a happy chappy at present. I don't particularly want to play this crappy game again:mad2::mad2::mad2:

A Bamboo Eater
23rd May 2013, 14:55
Hey Eidos!

Please patch your game! Like not tomorrow, or the next day, but now! This sucks! I was prestige 3, ranked 16th in the world, and now am ranked 18! Prolly will be ranked 25th or 50th by the time you patch this mess!

Since this is a really BAD BUG that you released with your game (which has countless other BUGS!!!!!), maybe you should consider releasing another character for those whom have suffered through this! Or even give us some more prestige levels! Something!

Okay done venting, but still REALLY ANGRY! Time to go sit in the shade and be calm and eat more bamboo! Since I can't or let's say don't want to sit there dying as a level 1!

OHHH and just so it's clear: Was playing. Game crashed while match was ending. Turned xbox back on, and BAM! You are level 1, thanks for purchasing the dlc etc. ..

AresTM
10th Jun 2013, 06:52
Is there a new patch which solve this glitch?

AresTM
16th Jun 2013, 13:13
Was the latest ps3/xbox360 patch the last?

A Bamboo Eater
26th Jun 2013, 14:03
Was the latest ps3/xbox360 patch the last?

Patch?!?! HAHAHA! They haven't responded to this thread in some time, which means they wont be making patch/fix for anything for sometime! Sucks! I've been reset now 3 times! Pretty sad, but luckily the game is easy enough to level up! I haven't re-prestige(d) as I don't care to! At this point I feel like we need more prestige ranks, and some new characters!

Silly developers!

NinjaPirateNeko
26th Jun 2013, 22:58
So, is it still not possible to get back our lost ranks? Should I just start from scratch and keep backing up the user profile data in case it happens again? How do I know I'm not backing up a bad copy though? There were no signs something was wrong after my last session before this happened.

Found this forum due to the rank reset happening to me. Booted the game up on the XBox 360 in the hopes of finding some lobbies (shocking how I have to turn off purchased DLC to get a better chance of finding people in lobbies btw) and then...
Adjust your brightness - congrats you've unlocked various map-packs - red exclamation marks everywhere...
Lost everything, salvage, unlocked characters and weapons and mods, fallen from L40-something back down to L1.
Also the bonus extras on main menu (models, art etc) have all locked again oddly despite the intact 100% single player game save.

Maybe it was caused by one of few times the game totally froze on me (loading screen or otherwise) and me having to force a switch off.

afmartin
17th Jul 2013, 00:18
i have had the same lost of rank this stupid i called customer survives and they did nothing. please fix this i really like this game and i want my rank back :mad2:

help me please when do you think it world be fixed i want to be updated
this game has lot of patches to fix

Kebedy
11th Sep 2013, 20:37
My Rank on multiplayer has reset.

My xbox did freeze once or twice shortly before this happend, my ranks on the leaderboards Kills Deaths etc are still the same like I was on 400+ total kills and it still shows that except my level is 1 and everything is locked that I unlocked in multiplayer now this has happend I thought I should post a comment to say how it is & I will not be playing this game anymore unless there is some way to get my level back to 31 thank you and good bye and good luck

Kebedy
11th Sep 2013, 20:39
Oh not only that the amount of stuff I bought for tomb raider mp and its all a waste must of spent like £20 on this game alone thats just additional content theres no point having anymore sort it out

Falycbe
28th Mar 2014, 01:37
I logged on today to go for my final achievement out of boredom to find out my profile has been reset, I opened the game and clicked my hard drive and it made me adjust the brightness and I started questioning it at first, like hey maybe they did something to it, so I hit continue and it acted like the whole game was reset, my story save was still there, and my leaderboards still show I'm lvl 44 but the lobby and such does not anyone know a fix? Or anything? 2nd prestige lvl 44 is not something I wanna have to do over again...

Gamer tag- Falycbe

hayl33bayb33
4th May 2014, 23:19
I pre ordered the game for my Xbox 360 the second I could and I even fought in line to pick it up the day it was available, I absolutely loved the multiplayer ranked match free for all, in my honest opinion, it has been one of the most addictive online games I have played. But all of the sudden, I could not join any Ranked online multiplayer matches and I am super sad. I always check to see if this has been fixed, and nothing. All of my friends (who I recommended this game to) are having the same issue. What is going on and is this ever going to be fixed? You guys really had something great, but now that the best part of the game is impossible to play, I feel really guilty about recommending this to so many of my friends and family.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated!

normanji
16th Jul 2014, 19:21
my rank today got reset fuming spent 60+hrs to get there and boom today it reset to zero
on xbox 360 lost all salvage unlocks and rank, leaderboards say im still 49

wont be buying any more games, and that includes my fav series hitman.

Bane_86
11th May 2015, 11:51
Is there still no solution to this?
Had no idea it was an issue until it happened. I was at level 58 and then last night my rank went back to 1.
I didn't prestige up.

1) PS3
2) Beginning a new multi player game after a few days of not playing it
3) Yes, XP lost
4) Yes
5) DLC content still there (i.e Hit-man weapons which came with the game)
6) Yes characters gone.

The game has frozen sometimes in the past but usually my profile is fine afterwards.
What happened? Why are users online profiles saved locally? Shouldn't they be on a server instead?