PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with the 3 Reavers 1 Deceaver composition?

Alfgross
7th Jun 2014, 02:38
This is beyond retard, that poison spam+pounce lock down in addition of Mind Control or Invisibility is completely unbalanced.

To be honest, even being a Reaver player I can say the poison is retarded, when you make a combo with your team mates you can cover a huge area which means no one gonna leave with more than 30~40% of their HP.

I love to play Tyrant but if I want to win games I need to play Reaver, this is so dumb, actually every game is decided by who got the biggest stomp while Vapire...

Tureil
7th Jun 2014, 03:42
...Team-wide coordination and voice chat.

Cures all that ails you.

From erectile dysfunction (due to roflstomping) to baldness (stress).

Get your team Gud Kreme today.

Don't get mad.

Get Gud!

Alfgross
7th Jun 2014, 03:46
So helpful.

Tureil
7th Jun 2014, 03:49
I was being serious in a light-hearted manner.

Coordinated teams can far more easily report to eachother, or call out for help. You're not specifying whether this is for random teams (in which case I'd just say Prayer is your solution), or for a team of buddies of yours thats having problems (in which case it's a failure to communicate)

As long as at least a pair of you have functioning ears and eyes, you can check for any kind of movement in the distance and put up a guard against whatever hazes are thrown your way, and look for the tell-tale purple glow of a Domination 'Ceiver, or a suddenly appearing "Teammate"

There's no set strategy build for breaking Composition X here. The only thing that'll really help is:

Coordination and actual teamwork.

Gitchur Gud Kreme

Alfgross
7th Jun 2014, 04:05
So there's no way to beat this on pugs haha...

LotusBlades
7th Jun 2014, 04:25
I have seen many situation where 4 reavers (and i am one of them) used 4 poison bombs, yet they couldnt win. It depends on humans - some players can dodge bombs, some are noobs and just standing in. First of all you must position yourself (being human) so that you have atleast 3 ways to retreat, this will prevent bombing shots from hurting you.

Yes pounce is strong skill, but it makes you very vurnulable, for example it provides easy and accurate shot for Scout's 475 dmg and also gives opportunity for Prophet to pull few shots on you (300+ dmg) as well as life drain (250 dmg), in other words - pounce is instant death in most situations. Well if someone noob enaught to walk outside of team and gets poison+pounce at once - he is dead for sure.

Anyway, it takes a lot of effort to kill humans as 4-reaver-poison vampires, you must shot from the special angles where humans cant see bombs flying to them and if they are smart - they will take open wide ground, so you will not be able to attack from behind, this will leave you useless. The biggest epic problem for 4 Reavers is 4 Prophets - to land a bomb accuratly, you must show up for a second - this is enaught time for 4 drains in your head, which will leave teams 4 vs 3, since i have met none vamps who will sacrifice themself being wounded to lose just one frag, instead (me included) - they just hide and wait with their misurable 150 hp for an opening to get food, while team plays 3 vs 4 and in 99% cases dies losing 4 frags.

Mind controll isnt a big deal as well - it is good against lonely targets, but useless in team fights, cus leaves you easy to shot down - it gives just enaught time to land some AoE trap on your head (or trow bomb with 500 dmg) and while it havent yet triggered - you will also take few basic shots in face.

Just play more and be patient, learn form your mistakes.

Alfgross
7th Jun 2014, 07:33
Problem is the disrupt a flood of hazes can cause on the group, this for sure makes easy to pick people off out of position, mind control is also a good tool to set up some pick offs.

Anyways, i think the major problem is the balance of the teams right now, low level players like me don't have experience enough to play against level 40 ones, and it's even worse when the game "balance" puts 4 lvl 15 on one side and 4 30+ on another haha.

Jmthebigman
7th Jun 2014, 08:46
Stay on the move as human and find a big open area.

Razaiim
7th Jun 2014, 13:17
at the end of the community editors guide there is a section labeled Counter-Vampires, it pretty much tells you how to deal with a composition featuring 2-4 of a certain class. Vs reavers you want to stay in a wider open area with plenty of room to move. If the deceiver is running Mind Control then you will want a class that can shoot with some precision to interrupt his mind control. Alchemists with the healing aura are huge help, make sure they throw it after all the poison nades are out. Prophets with sacrifice can also help heal choking haze damage.

For composition you'll pretty much want 2 alchemists, and either hunters or prophets. If any reavers have haste make sure prophets use banish when they use it, same with bola.

ICantPauseItMom
9th Jun 2014, 07:44
Try to be more coordinated with you'r team, and make sure to listen for poison being thrown.
I'v vs all the combo's out there, and really had no major issue, people need to give the game time to learn how to deal with situations like this.

Gnarlez
9th Jun 2014, 12:56
I would like to ask the opposite.

How do you deal with 3 prophets and 1 alchemists who heals through the poison?

Razaiim
9th Jun 2014, 13:16
Charge tyrants and smoke bombs so that Banish is too hard to hit with. I haven't had time to do up a counter human guide to go with counter vampires, I'm also waiting for prophet to be brought in line.

rathlol
11th Jun 2014, 22:09
I would like to ask the opposite.

How do you deal with 3 prophets and 1 alchemists who heals through the poison?

Prophets have a hard time with tyrants I've found, especially if you're running enrage, instead of the usual hit and run tactics that I usually see in games (from vampires) a strong initiation from Tyrants can really break a team that relies on healing. You just have to recognize that the initiator is going to die (more than likely, 750 damage from life leech on top of 4 pistols hitting you will bring down your 1400 health fast) but with all three life leeches down Reavers (or any other class) can come in and start tearing them up.

Tyrants also deal with prophets that like to kite well because of their massive attack range.

cmstache
11th Jun 2014, 23:47
A couple enrage tyrants and a couple haste reavers running smoke handles it fairly well.

LOFO1993
14th Jun 2014, 15:37
Poison is not as effective anymore the moment the Human player learns to hear its sound, calculate its trajectory and avoid it in advance. I think Choking Haze hits me at all something like 1/10-15 times now, and when it does it's only for the splash damage.

All new players say Choking Haze is OP, but as they get better and play in better teams they realize it's not actually that big of a deal.

piCR7master
19th Jun 2014, 18:50
I always wondered why would any1 play so many reavers. IMO semi coordinated human team beats reaver heavy team (especially with no tyrrant). Hunter >> reaver. And as some1 said before: right now people need to learn teamplay as humans. The only metagame simple things that come to my mind are:
1. They go 2 tyrants? You go 2 alchies
2. Sentinels? Scouts/hunters

BR0sephStalin
25th Jun 2014, 18:40
Poison is not as effective anymore the moment the Human player learns to hear its sound, calculate its trajectory and avoid it in advance. I think Choking Haze hits me at all something like 1/10-15 times now, and when it does it's only for the splash damage.

All new players say Choking Haze is OP, but as they get better and play in better teams they realize it's not actually that big of a deal.

This. Poison is actually pretty bad after like level 5 IMO.

10pack
28th Jun 2014, 09:24
This. Poison is actually pretty bad after like level 5 IMO.
If you just throw acid to initiate a fight it won't work very well...that's why you wait for CC to hit THEN you throw it. Acid is still good.