PDA

View Full Version : Chasm Monastery Bug | OP updated March 20

MeaganMarie
15th Feb 2013, 23:10
We’ve had a few of you contact us through our social channels & these forums about a bug that causes issues to progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider, after fighting a multi-wave battle with the Oni. For the time being we’re calling this the “Chasm Monastery Bug.” As a result of encountering this bug, a cinematic doesn’t trigger to blow away a series of wooden planks from a barrier, which subsequently reveals a rope anchor point Lara can use to lower a ramp.

We’re still investigating this bug and unfortunately it’s proving very difficult to reproduce and nail down a specific trigger for it. We’ve already addressed a few potential causes in our recent patch and we’re hopeful it won’t appear for people moving forwards.

But for those of you who have already experienced the bug, we’d really appreciate it if you could help us pin down a solution. It may be tied to triggering multiple waves of enemies at once, instead of fighting a wave, then progressing, and so on. For those of you experiencing the issue, can you answer the below questions?

• Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
• Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
• What weapon were you using?
• Did you die during the fight?
• Did you see any enemies acting strangely?

We’re sorry you’ve experienced this and thank you for your help with this, we really appreciate it.

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 10:59
Hello, i'm stuck in this monastery.

I killed all the samurai, there is no foes left, but i can't open this with my bow.

pbfitu_tomb_raider_bug.png

Anyone can help me ? I hope my save is not bug ... Not one more.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 11:04
Did you try shooting those planks away with a shotgun?

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 11:11
I tried each weapon on it, and i tried to stack 5 on those explosive balls on, and nothing.
I saw a video on youtube where the wind destroy this door, but in my game, nothing happen.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 12:32
Did you try reloading from the last checkpoint?

Can you post that YT video and the timecode where it happens?

goofy
7th Mar 2013, 13:27
Oops! Sounds there's a glitch :(
I think they should be removed automatically after you kill all the foes!! (Thats what I remember)

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 13:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AUHPhCArrs4#t=919s

In my game, there is not that much foes, the lasts i encounter are in the tower that we can explode.

When i reset, it still the same.

TranceTrouble
7th Mar 2013, 16:23
cant you throw/push the big red exploding barrel to it and shoot at it so it will be gone?

Zelk
7th Mar 2013, 16:25
It means you rather missed an enemy, go back and try to find him, or he just didn't appear... then idk what you can do except kill yourself and hope it reloads corectly

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 17:20
Barrels are useless.

Nobody is alive, it's been something like 2 days im stuck, so i took the time to visit the map.
Reset does nothing, suicide does nothing.

I just think this game is bugged and I have to retry with another save.

TheBlade
7th Mar 2013, 17:27
yes the game is 100% glitched. What versions are you all running on? PC here.

Edit: Video (PC)

X_iaZHDAQcY

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 17:40
This video is exactly what happen to me. I play on PC.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 19:19
Thanks for the videos, guys. That indeed does look like a bug in the script or something.

I'll move this thread to the bug report forum section. We've got Nixxes watching the threads there :)

PixelD
7th Mar 2013, 19:26
So What i have to do ? Wait for weeks ?

TheBlade
7th Mar 2013, 20:10
Argh what are we going to do... I'll just restart the game temporarily no problem for me.

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:14
Hey guys,

I've received a few reports on this one and have escalated it to the team so that they can try to recreate it and troubleshoot. Thank you for being patient!

PixelD
8th Mar 2013, 10:41
So i played 9 hours for nothing, thats what you mean ?

SahnteX
8th Mar 2013, 14:02
This is really frustrating, I just got to the part and it wont load the cutscene or anything. Btw I play on PS3 so im guessing its not just a PC issue as well

The Grim Reaper
8th Mar 2013, 14:15
Happened to me as well, however, committing suicide and redoing the battle fixed the issue.
The metal reinforcements are scripted to be blown off when the last of the Samurai dies.

Edit: I have the PC version.

PixelD
8th Mar 2013, 14:53
When i suicide, i restart near the tower and it still bugged.

ChrisProlls
8th Mar 2013, 15:20
I'm getting this glitch on Xbox, loading the last savepoint also brings me near the exploding tower but whatever I do, the last sequence never loads up.

However when I go back to the beginning of this section (blown up bridge), I can hear Samurai screams, as if one of them was still alive somewhere, but I just can't find him.

TheBlade
8th Mar 2013, 15:28
I'm getting this glitch on Xbox, loading the last savepoint also brings me near the exploding tower but whatever I do, the last sequence never loads up.

However when I go back to the beginning of this section (blown up bridge), I can hear Samurai screams, as if one of them was still alive somewhere, but I just can't find him.

yes it looks like one of the enemies may be spawning inside a wall causing it impossible to progress. I can also distinctly hear samurai warriors around but nobody is actually there.

vainaja
8th Mar 2013, 16:23
Just registered to inform the same glitch happening to me also..
Everybodys dead but the "magic wind" wont help me :L

SahnteX
8th Mar 2013, 19:30
Sooo how long is this going to take to fix? Such an amazing game but can't finish it due to the glitch

TheBlade
8th Mar 2013, 19:52
Quickest way is to restart the whole game unfortunately.

chevalier
8th Mar 2013, 21:42
This is so imcomprehensibly disappointing. Still no info on patch/fix?

Driber
8th Mar 2013, 23:22
^ This was reported just yesterday. It's unrealistic to expect a patch already the next day.

@OP: I'm afraid that if there's really no way for you to get past that point by means of a work around, a patch is what you'll have to wait for, yes. It *can* take weeks, indeed, but it doesn't have to. If you want my personal advice - replaying and using different save slots to always have backups is what I would do in your situation at this point. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear :(

vainaja
8th Mar 2013, 23:29
Thats what i thought you might say unfortunately.
Restart wont help me so the only way is to play the whole game again or wait for the patch.
Thumbs up for quick fix :p

chevalier
10th Mar 2013, 18:15
Is there any chance at all that starting a new game in a different save slot is going to do something about the problem? If not ill just wait for the patch and start a new game on hard dif.

Aremihc
11th Mar 2013, 11:24
I too am stuck... First SimCity is a bust, now this.....

Driber
11th Mar 2013, 13:10
Please include platform and mission objective when reporting bugs, guys. Thanks :)

artogda
11th Mar 2013, 14:09
Hi guys, Im also stuck at this part of game. The same problem, I think theres some mistake in enemies spawn. Playing on pc, chasm stronghold, the problem occurs after the tower full of archers explodes.

demonofstarlyte
11th Mar 2013, 14:40

I'm getting the same thing. The last sequence of samurai never spawn after I defeat the wave at the exploding tower.

I'm also hearing a samurai talking when I go back to the beginning of the section and Lara reacts as if there is an enemy in the area, but I can't find him anywhere...:hmm:

I play on PC.

Dangerous Cake
11th Mar 2013, 17:01
Made an Account to report the same bug. I hope this gets a patch because I wont be starting the game over. Not going through all that again just to get gliched at the end.

Aremihc
11th Mar 2013, 20:29
Please include platform and mission objective when reporting bugs, guys. Thanks :)

Considering there's a video of the bug on this thread...

However, I'm playing PC, the objective is to rescue Sam in the return to the stronghold.

I too have enemy noises on the windward side of the chasm at the very beginning. A Glitch 80% into a game.... damn

ChrisProlls
11th Mar 2013, 21:19
Made an Account to report the same bug. I hope this gets a patch because I wont be starting the game over. Not going through all that again just to get gliched at the end.

I started a new game and managed to get past this sequence, the glitch didn't occur a second time :)
Nothing happened for a couple of seconds but then it all clicked and a swarm of samurais came rushing Lara, such a relief...

I made sure to use alternate between the 2 remaining save slots (xbox) so I could reload at a previous sequence instead of the beginning of this one.

Driber
11th Mar 2013, 21:20
Considering there's a video of the bug on this thread...

However, I'm playing PC, the objective is to rescue Sam in the return to the stronghold.

I too have enemy noises on the windward side of the chasm at the very beginning. A Glitch 80% into a game.... damn

Thanks for the additional details.

I ask because it often happens on forums that people confuse one issue for another. So having everyone clearly confirm they are indeed experiencing the exact same issue helps the devs :)

artogda
11th Mar 2013, 22:19
I dont want to go through the whole game again. Please make some quick fix for this issue.

SahnteX
11th Mar 2013, 23:49
My prob is on the PS3 :(

BrokenGame
12th Mar 2013, 00:03
Just registered to confirm that I also got the same glitch (PS3) and will be trading my copy of the game in tomorrow in exchange for a game that actually works.

Sorry but I don't have the time to either wait for a patch or play through the whole game again.

mostopha
12th Mar 2013, 19:21
Just registered to say that yes I too am getting this error on the xbox - bugs like these are expected but having no way to reset to get around it is rather unpleasant. I don't think I have it in me to restart the entire game.

TheJerkStore
12th Mar 2013, 19:35
I registered to say that I am having the same problem on PS3. The wood does not blow away for me to pull the rope away. I can also hear enemy sounds, but can't find them anywhere. I really don't want to start a new game, so I guess I'll wait for a patch come through. :\

mostopha
12th Mar 2013, 19:36
I was wondering whether it's possible for people on the xbox 360/ PS3 who have a save game up to this point to post it here -not sure if save game transfers are possible or legal though.

DS_Nadine
13th Mar 2013, 03:00
Same bug [PC].

Awesome Game (till now) and I hate you (from now on).

Ogami
13th Mar 2013, 04:55
I have the exact same bug [PC]. Hope the figure out a fix and patch it soon, really looking forward to finishing this one.

msmegalo
13th Mar 2013, 06:22
I just got to this point as well. The terrain started glitching before I got to that point, making grey bars come up so I couldn't see what I was doing. Then enemies would just vanish into thin air while fighting.. finally once I killed everything, I couldn't get through the wood barrier covering the rope on the gate and Lara stays in combat mode. Also there was never any cutscenes. I'm playing on PS3.

soutzouk
13th Mar 2013, 11:56
wow guys having EXACLTY same problem in PC I made a forum account just for it because it is IMPOSSIBLE to start the game from the beginning because I played it in Hard Difficulty and I have 100% unlocks so far PLEASE EIDOS MAKE A SCRIPT/PATCH PLS!!!!

soutzouk
13th Mar 2013, 11:58
we need to do something guys come on dont let the 20 hours+ you sank into the game go away lets demand it!

Driber
13th Mar 2013, 12:00
ouch, my ears

BR4DDERS1986
13th Mar 2013, 12:54
wow guys having EXACLTY same problem in PC I made a forum account just for it because it is IMPOSSIBLE to start the game from the beginning because I played it in Hard Difficulty and I have 100% unlocks so far PLEASE EIDOS MAKE A SCRIPT/PATCH PLS!!!!

You can use these 2 saves if you want. One is at the start of the Chasm Monastery and the other is right after it.

TR - Save (PC only).rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/2481096822/TR%20-%20Save%20(PC%20only).rar)

This post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1875350&postcount=4) by "Relight" shows you where they go.

soutzouk
13th Mar 2013, 12:57
You can use these 2 saves if you want. One is at the start of the Chasm Monastery and the other is right after it.

TR - Save (PC only).rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/2481096822/TR%20-%20Save%20(PC%20only).rar)

This post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1875350&postcount=4) by "Relight" shows you where they go.

wow thx I dont know if its legal but I really don't feel continuing someone else's save I'll probably wait for official patch thank you anyway I will install the save after a week with no patch

conan910
13th Mar 2013, 13:11
I registered to say that I am having the same problem on PS3.

I am very disappointed and please release a fix patch asap!!!

BR4DDERS1986
13th Mar 2013, 13:17
wow thx I dont know if its legal but I really don't feel continuing someone else's save I'll probably wait for official patch thank you anyway I will install the save after a week with no patch

I don't know what Steam or Crystal Dynamics view on sharing saves is but non of the mods have said anything against it, I have uploaded a few saves for people with out a warning.

I understand why you wouldn't want to use it though, I would feel like I was cheating a little.

soutzouk
13th Mar 2013, 13:22
I don't know what Steam or Crystal Dynamics view on sharing saves is but non of the mods have said anything against it, I have uploaded a few saves for people with out a warning.

I understand why you wouldn't want to use it though, I would feel like I was cheating a little.

Yeah exaclty as a hardcore gamer I never use cheats/savegames. I will wait few more days for an official patch but if it never gets released I am forced to use savegame. No way I'm starting this from the beginning

DS_Nadine
13th Mar 2013, 15:25
The error is now known for 6 days, at least some info would be fine if they're looking into it or if the bug is so rare that they don't care about it.

Edit:
Uh,... you allready did. I just looked for the 'SE'-Logo, sry.
Hope that we'll receidve some news soon. :-(

Madigan
13th Mar 2013, 22:07
I have the same bug, and if it can help, i'll tell you what I think CAUSED the bug.

After the column fell so they can (and I) cross the ridge, I got swarmed by many Oni going across the bridge it created. I decided to boldly push forward and leave them behind, so I can hope to relocate better. I came to the "spawn point" where they open the doors, and throw an exploding bucket or two at you and you can retaliate by shooting the ones inside, and explode them out. I then ran passed the corner to clean up whatever was left forward, and then concentrated on what was behind.

So instead of following the "railroad quest", and proceeding forward step by step as the script would suggest, I strategically pushed forward to cleanup afterward... you know, when they come up in that small corridor (where you respawn) a couple of grenades does the job pretty well all at once. So I may have triggered the Door's opening ahead of time, when the conditions weren't met.

You guys should maybe patch it so it triggers anyway, and whatever enemies are left, are left, and that makes the boss just that much harder to beat.

I may also be wrong, but you guys tell me if you remember running ahead the first time you had this bug.

DS_Nadine
13th Mar 2013, 23:25
I have the same bug, and if it can help, i'll tell you what I think CAUSED the bug.

After the column fell so they can (and I) cross the ridge, I got swarmed by many Oni going across the bridge it created. I decided to boldly push forward and leave them behind, so I can hope to relocate better. I came to the "spawn point" where they open the doors, and throw an exploding bucket or two at you and you can retaliate by shooting the ones inside, and explode them out. I then ran passed the corner to clean up whatever was left forward, and then concentrated on what was behind.

So instead of following the "railroad quest", and proceeding forward step by step as the script would suggest, I strategically pushed forward to cleanup afterward... you know, when they come up in that small corridor (where you respawn) a couple of grenades does the job pretty well all at once. So I may have triggered the Door's opening ahead of time, when the conditions weren't met.

You guys should maybe patch it so it triggers anyway, and whatever enemies are left, are left, and that makes the boss just that much harder to beat.

I may also be wrong, but you guys tell me if you remember running ahead the first time you had this bug.

I died at the 'bridge' 3 times till I got around and the tower guys threw the bombs out, so I don't think that's it.

But definately, just let the wood on the door fly away when the tower is exploding, so the trigger that's not working isn't necessary anymore. Or make a reset (connected to the tower) for the 'broken' variable wich makes the wood on the door fly away.

TheJerkStore
14th Mar 2013, 05:51
Has anyone found a workaround for the consoles? I mean besides starting a new game. If not, then I guess I'll just wait and see if they're working on a patch.

dany00711
14th Mar 2013, 08:07
:(

http://youtu.be/fZjfZK-a46M

DS_Nadine
14th Mar 2013, 11:26
:(

http://youtu.be/fZjfZK-a46M

You allready opended your own Thread for this (totally different) Intel GMA Bug, wich... quite frankly I'm astounded the game even starts on.

Tecstar70
14th Mar 2013, 11:49
Has anyone found a workaround for the consoles? I mean besides starting a new game. If not, then I guess I'll just wait and see if they're working on a patch.

A console patch is due shortly.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135276

soutzouk
14th Mar 2013, 17:22
So 1 week and nothing happened :S and why patch only for consoles? and we are not sure if its going to fix this gamebraking glitch arghhh!

DS_Nadine
15th Mar 2013, 00:48
Come on, isn't there a way to open a command window and a command for this (to relocate enemys?)?

I mean the bug seemingly occurs because of some stuck-in-the-floor enemy, since you can HEAR him from time to time and Lara doesn't exit combat Mode.

So would this be Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim I'd just let the existing characters "rain" (they like fall from the sky) to their default position.

Edit: Dunno if this helpf Devs. After trying to use cheat codes to 'float' back to the level entrance, die there and play the sequence from the beginning (wich made even more glitches occur so don't even try whomever gets ideas) I remembered something. When the bridge collapses and you fall down to the area before the makeshift bridge, the first time i kinda glitched sideways in to the bottomless pit. Dunno, maybe there was another trigger I was supposed to cross and glitched around.

Honestly I've played that area now for about 6 hours trying to trick the bug and get further. Could've driven to the Nixxes Office, grab someone to edit my savegame and drive back in that time. XD

bobrovalex
15th Mar 2013, 04:21
Cant complete this level.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3931/2013030700001.jpg
After killing enemies in this tower, no1 come. I think, that some1 stuck in textures... What i need to do, I cant load another save, coz i have not....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231102932542/

soutzouk
15th Mar 2013, 12:03
Official in Title Update #2
• Addressed uncommon gating issues during the ”Chasm Monastery’s” bridge onslaught where players are unable to progress past the wooden barrier

AND SEEMS LIKE THE PATCH ISN'T COMING ON PC ARGHHHHHHHHHH

dany00711
15th Mar 2013, 14:09
wait then make patch for xbox then for pc :rolleyes:

SahnteX
15th Mar 2013, 18:19
Ok so i downloaded the patch for ps3....THE GLITCH IS STILL THERE!!!! Ugh.. The one at the Chasm Monastery. Blew up the tower and still nothing...Sucks =/

bobrovalex
15th Mar 2013, 18:48
forget... PC

TheJerkStore
15th Mar 2013, 20:05
Ok so i downloaded the patch for ps3....THE GLITCH IS STILL THERE!!!! Ugh.. The one at the Chasm Monastery. Blew up the tower and still nothing...Sucks =/

Same for me on PS3 :( When I saw that they were fixing that I got real excited, but it's still bugged with the patch. I've tried to reload a few times and nothing.

DS_Nadine
15th Mar 2013, 20:45
Same for me on PS3 :( When I saw that they were fixing that I got real excited, but it's still bugged with the patch. I've tried to reload a few times and nothing.

Awesome patch!

It propably is fixed, in the sense that it won't occur for new players.

Not that this would help anyone that buys games for full price at launch. :hmm:

TheJerkStore
15th Mar 2013, 20:50
Awesome patch!

It propably is fixed, in the sense that it won't occur for new players.

Not that this would help anyone that buys games for full price at launch. :hmm:

Yeah, that's probably true...I was just hoping that I wouldn't need to start the whole game over again, when I assume I'm pretty close to the end.

DS_Nadine
15th Mar 2013, 22:30
The PC Patch is OUT! (Suprisingly fast!) :)

And it too doesn't fix the bug although explicitly adressed. :hmm:

Honestly, are you ****ting me?! :mad:
I mean is it now fixed for future playtroughs and you check this problem as "done" and want us to start over, or will there be a patch to the patch for us waiting with our bugged savegame?!?

Any official word please?

bobrovalex
15th Mar 2013, 22:38
same problem, but no1 answer my topic )
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135348

IMHO, 1 enemy stuck into textures, coz when I return to the rock column and start fire - then i hear voice, but no1 comes

punkindrublic
16th Mar 2013, 04:12
This bug is not fixed on PC it just happened to me tonight with the latest patch. I cannot progress and it looks like my tomb raider days are done. Its too bad this game was really good but until this gets fixed I wont be coming back.

I can also hear an enemy near the beginning. Seems like he spawns into the geometry somewhere and cannot be seen or killed. Seriously frustrating to go all the way through a game only to run into this. This bug really needs to be fixed properly.

MrWTF
17th Mar 2013, 23:39
Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.
Please keep it on topic and constructive? And you link a PC FAQ? Are you kidding? PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

Same bug on xbox 360 reporting in like thousands of others who can't continue at the end of the game. I'd suggest you don't bother posting unless you've actually done some work and asked your developers if they have a fix.

Tvom Tom
17th Mar 2013, 23:41
is there any KNOWN status on this glitch? any patch or announcements? i'm playing it on the xbox360 and its just ruined my experience with the game.

i'd figure a game breaking glitch like this, where it stops a player from finishing a game would be a big enough issue to address a quick fix, but i've been stuck here for a week now and im about to just say "screw it", i can't load back any farther then the big tower and i SURE don't want to replay the whole game again just in hopes to get stuck here again.

quite disheartening really

Driber
17th Mar 2013, 23:54
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

More patch info should be coming tomorrow. Please remain calm and keep a watch on the stickies :)

msmegalo
18th Mar 2013, 05:30
I'm on PS3. Patched and bug was fixed for me. No problems :D.

soutzouk
18th Mar 2013, 12:27
I'm on PC and it doesn't work

MrWTF
19th Mar 2013, 19:30
Xbox 360 here. Patch doesn't do anything. Probably fixes it if you don't already have the problem.

This is amazingly idiotic of the developers. Literally all they had to do was a check if the save is post the rock bridge being down, remove the scripted wooden block on the gate.

Amazing to release a AAA title like this and have a game breaking bug on the last level. Immensely frustrating.

soutzouk
19th Mar 2013, 20:48
bump, still waiting for proper fix on PC

Boseau
19th Mar 2013, 22:36
This door is indeed very buggy to say the least. The reason why i'm saying this is that once you are able to pull it down and walk through, a cut scene will play and you will enter (another) buggy room.

This has been reported as a separate bug called "stuck a chasm shrine" but the thing that got me wondering is that whenever I reload from last checkpoint the game puts me outside that same very door which I'm able to pull down again but like I said I cannot advance either cause the next room is bugged (a rendering issue if you wanna know).

Maybe there is a relation between both bugs that door is just too weird and maybe that's why this taking a lot more time to solve then initially estimated? I'm just thinking out loud here...

DS_Nadine
20th Mar 2013, 20:20
• Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
• Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?

Thanks for the update!

First off here's my savegame right in front of the tower [PC]:
http://www.demolitionsquad.de/extras/save1.zip

1) I hit it before (but still hitting it now)
2) Wave by Wave. Defensive.
3) Started with the Bow, switched to the automatic weapon.
4) Yes
5) Uhm, well. I can't recall it quite surely. But if I 'cheat' now to get back to where you fall down the bridge, some enemies won't attack and stand still till you are right in front of them. But I don't think that was the case back then.

Edit: Oh and like everyone I still hear someone yelling from time to time when I go back to the strating point. If this is because of an enemy stuck in the ground oder a random sound that plays from time to time when combat mode is still active, I of course don't know.

Edit 2: Honestly I'd connect the trigger for the door to the soundcue that plays when the tower has been blown up. ;)

bengal313
20th Mar 2013, 21:32

Before. My game glitched on Monday March 11th.

I think I took them wave by wave, though I do recall charging forward at one point in search of shelter.

I was using the machine gun. Though, I also attacked with the ax when guys got really close. One guy fell off and died. Part of me thinks that to be the issue. I can hear a samurai making noises back by the first platform, but no one is around. I guess the game is not registering all opponents dead.

I did not die during the fight.

Outside of the aforementioned guy that fell to his death, everything seemed kosher.

hunter316
21st Mar 2013, 00:09
This door is indeed very buggy to say the least. The reason why i'm saying this is that once you are able to pull it down and walk through, a cut scene will play and you will enter (another) buggy room.

This has been reported as a separate bug called "stuck a chasm shrine" but the thing that got me wondering is that whenever I reload from last checkpoint the game puts me outside that same very door which I'm able to pull down again but like I said I cannot advance either cause the next room is bugged (a rendering issue if you wanna know).

Maybe there is a relation between both bugs that door is just too weird and maybe that's why this taking a lot more time to solve then initially estimated? I'm just thinking out loud here...

Hello, I'm also experience this chasm shrine gamebreaking bug.

http://youtu.be/YUPIMISpsck

when i tried to backtrack to the beginning of the stage, i heard an enemy yelling but i can't find him, maybe that's what causing the glitch. here's my ps3 save game: https://rapidshare.com/files/2881178451/BLUS31036-SAVE-1.rar

luckily i was smart enough to keep a backup of my save before opening the door with my axe causing the glitch, here: http://rapidshare.com/files/4127618874/BLUS31036-SAVE-1-Before%20Glitch.rar

Hope this helps, I really wanna finish this awesome game.

P.S. I'm playing the North America PS3 version.

MeaganMarie
21st Mar 2013, 05:22
Thanks for the update!

4) Yes
5) Uhm, well. I can't recall it quite surely. But if I 'cheat' now to get back to where you fall down the bridge, some enemies won't attack and stand still till you are right in front of them. But I don't think that was the case back then.

Edit: Oh and like everyone I still hear someone yelling from time to time when I go back to the strating point. If this is because of an enemy stuck in the ground oder a random sound that plays from time to time when combat mode is still active, I of course don't know.

Edit 2: Honestly I'd connect the trigger for the door to the soundcue that plays when the tower has been blown up. ;)

Before. My game glitched on Monday March 11th.

I think I took them wave by wave, though I do recall charging forward at one point in search of shelter.

I was using the machine gun. Though, I also attacked with the ax when guys got really close. One guy fell off and died. Part of me thinks that to be the issue. I can hear a samurai making noises back by the first platform, but no one is around. I guess the game is not registering all opponents dead.

I did not die during the fight.

Outside of the aforementioned guy that fell to his death, everything seemed kosher.

Thank you both for the details! Passing along now!

soutzouk
21st Mar 2013, 20:15
Before any patch was released
wave by wave
shotgun and machine gun
yes
no

punkindrublic
21st Mar 2013, 22:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzpOqZH_aDg

This is my video documenting the bug as it may be helpful to see additional examples. The bug occurred on PC.

Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?

Before any patch was released as this was on PC it occurred on March 17th.

I believe I killed them wave by wave but may have blown up the tower before all enemies were dead.

Bow and shotgun

No

no

Could you please just hotfix this so the boards are destroy-able for those of us currently stuck at least until you can get down to the root of the problem/fix the trigger? Thanks.

Sessional
22nd Mar 2013, 01:33
I have encountered this bug today, Mar. 21. I am playing on the N. American PS3 version.

1. I approached the battle wave by wave. I retreated when the stone pillar fell, and samurai with shields attacked.

2. I used all of my weapons except for the pistol.

3. I died once or twice during the fight.

4. No enemies acted strangely. Like other forum posters, when I encountered the door with the wood covering the rope, I still heard voices without being able to see any enemies.

Thanks for reading.

Fission
22nd Mar 2013, 17:04
Had this happen to me too - dieing and killing everyone again resolved it.

hunter316
22nd Mar 2013, 18:21
Had this happen to me too - dieing and killing everyone again resolved it.

unfortunately, that doesn't help us who's game auto-saved after killing everyone, dying doesn't respawn the enemies.

bengal313
22nd Mar 2013, 22:44
I do not mean to sound like a pushy jerk or anything, but I'm just wondering if there is any headway on this issue.

I don't want to restart the entire campaign just to run into this issue again and a lot of other games are starting to come out. I was planning on collecting everything and getting all of the single player trophies, but I can't even beat the darn thing.

I just don't really know what to do. Thanks!

Raphamon
23rd Mar 2013, 04:39
Thanks for the update!

4) Yes

I have a theory as to what could be causing a lot of bugs in this game. (Keep in mind it is only a theory, so take what I say with a grain of salt). Anyway, My theory is that somehow sometimes some enemies manage to get stuck in the geometry (the walls, floor, outside the game world, etc.). I believe this is causing many bugs in the game. The reason I have come to this conclusion is because I am experiencing a bug where sometimes I am unable to use Base Camps/Day Camps because the game tells me that "Camps can't be used when an enemy is nearby." And when I search the entire area there is no enemy to be seen anywhere. (So either the enemies have turned invisible or the game code has gone haywire). And now this talk of people actually hearing enemy screams but not seeing any enemies. So either enemies are getting stuck inside walls/floors and the game is not allowing players to progress because of there still being enemies in the area, or the game is mistakenly detecting enemies in the area when there are none and blocking further progress because of this.

Either way this might be something that Crystal Dynamics/Square-Enix/Eidos Montreal/Nixxes might want to look into.

Gonga
24th Mar 2013, 19:23
The planks blew away in the wind, revealing the ropes, but when I draw the bow and try to use the M mouse to use the rope - nothing. I cannot fire a rope at any rope-tied object. I get the red crosshairs, but cannot fire.

Harry Codder
25th Mar 2013, 00:07

Hi, I just created my account to give every details I can to help the developers fixing the bug I just encountered and that prevents me to finish the game. It's not exactly the same bug as described in this topic but its cause might be related.

The bug I encountered was just after the last camp at the chasm shrine.
When I tried to open the door, almost everything disappeared and the next part of the level was all buggy. I'ts been described here : link (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134805)

I hit the bug after the latest patch (I play on PC).
I took on the Oni by wave, mostly retreating back to the start to have more time to take them one by one. I used all the weapons but the pistol. But mostly the rifle and used a lot of dodge-execution.
I died once after blowing up all the onis that try to throw two exploding thingies at you. I shoot an arrow at them before they could try to make them explode and I think they all died at once, I don't know if that could be a cause of the problem. I died just a little after that, from the next wave.
When I reloaded, it seemed fine and I killed all the other onis of the following waves.
I could advance to the cinematic where the big oni fall and then to the room with the camp.
I got the book and tried to open the door, and that's where it bugged.

I went back with the fast travel, got a missing reward to have 100% completion every where but know i'm stuck because I can't travel back to the shrine...

The only suspect behaviour I saw is some enemies going back as I was retreating maybe a bit too far from their spawing point.

I hope it will be fixed soon, this is a really great game but I'm not willing to do everything from the beginning when I'm really so close to the end.

PS.: I'm french so I hope my english is not too bad. :-P

Sash716
25th Mar 2013, 00:51
Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
PS3 Game: After the patch because I got the game 2-3 days ago and patched it before even playing it. About 30 mins ago I reach the gate. Walked around a bit and saw Lara crouched down as if in battle. She did this at different places but no enemies. I heard the voice of an Oni warrior yelling next to the stone pillar bridge thing)

Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
Wave by wave

What weapon were you using?
Assault rifle and shotgun.

Did you die during the fight?
No

Did you see any enemies acting strangely?
No, but the game itself kinda froze weirdly the first time I reached the area. It happened just after the stone pillar and a few guys were hitting me. I stunned on of them and hit triangle to kill the guy. However, Lara just stood there with the Oni warrior on his knees, 2 seconds later the guy died and Lara just stood there and I could not move, shoot, aim, or anything else.
But I could move the camera around, map and pause menus worked fine. Also there was full wind animation and all that. Went to pause and reloaded from last check point. No death or glitches till the gate.

Sorry for the long description, I hope this will be helpful, not sure what else I can do. If I had to guess the problem is one, or more, of the Oni warriors get stuck in rocks or something. So because technically we haven't killed all the enemies, the cut scene won't trigger.

Cheers

Driber
25th Mar 2013, 07:34
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

MeaganMarie
25th Mar 2013, 10:32
Again, thank you all for the information! Passing along the new details to the team!

andrei.ciorba
25th Mar 2013, 11:14
I decided to post as well, after waiting for more than a week for a fix and still being stuck (on PC).
My current and only checkpoint is right before the tower from which the barrels are thrown. No matter how I choose to kill those 4 enemies in the tower, the path is still blocked.

One other odd thing I noticed is that during my first attempt (the first time I got to the problem area), there were more enemies waiting on the platforms after the exploding tower, right before the blocked path. Now, though, those in the tower are the only ones I can kill, over and over again, with no luck.

As other people here have noticed, I can also hear one enemy near the fallen stone pillar.

After, and I'm playing on PC.

Wave by wave. I waited for the Oni to get to me when the stone pillar fell.

Shotgun.

No. Though I did kill myself in various ways after encountering the bug, with no luck.

No, except for the fact that there were initially more enemies after my current checkpoint than I can encounter now after each reload.

One more thing that might provide some useful info: at the stone pillar, where one enemy can be heard, Lara is not always crouching (as if in battle) and not always in the same areas. The areas where Lara crouches constantly change, sometimes being crouched even next to the blocked passageway, which is quite far from the stone pillar. Now, if crouching is determined by the proximity to an enemy, this might mean that the invisible Oni is not only stuck in geometry, but might be constantly changing position (or at least the reference point that determines its position is changing).

Honestly, I would be happy even with a console command or cheat that would kill all the active/loaded enemies in the current area, just to get rid of the invisible Oni at the stone pillar. On the other hand, I have read here that other bugs are just waiting around the corner (literally) so I guess a full patch would be great.

Hope this info will be useful to someone.

konikwai
25th Mar 2013, 19:28
Hi

I play on PC steam version

After the patch

Wave by wave
Machine gun
no
no

i'm stuck here since 2 days ... i want to finish the game but i don't want to start a new game or use a save from an another player ...

Chedrito
25th Mar 2013, 21:23

Before. My game glitched on Monday March 25th.

I run to fin cover on higher ground

First, I was using the shotgun. Then I run out of ammo and switch to a machine gun.

I die during the fight

I hear voices but no enemy apears.

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP US WITH A FIXED SOON

andrei.ciorba
25th Mar 2013, 21:47
I see that an update just got out, which specifically addresses this issue.
Unfortunately, it still DOES NOT FIX the Chasm Stronghold glitch on my the existing savegame/checkpoint (PC).

I am positive that the glitch does not manifest any more for new playthroughs but since it did not fix the problem for players currently stuck, it's basically useless.

The problem is exactly the same: I kill all enemies in the area (stone pillar and exploding tower), the path does not get cleared by the "wind" and I can still hear an enemy near the fallen pillar.

Everything is the same. And it's a shame...

Did this fix work for anyone who was already stuck in Chasm Stronghold?

TricksterJ
25th Mar 2013, 21:52
What's happening with the chasm shrine glitch??? Is there any point waiting or should I trade?

punkindrublic
25th Mar 2013, 22:26
I can also confirm that the pc patch today does not fix the issue for users who have already experienced the bug.

Is Eidos' official response that we need to start over with a new game or is this still being addressed as a concern?

konikwai
25th Mar 2013, 23:06
Nop it's still not working ... Still stuck on the same place after the patch ...

fishstyyx
25th Mar 2013, 23:16
Did this fix work for anyone who was already stuck in Chasm Stronghold?

Not for me. I'm at the checkpoint right before the tower tosses out explosive barrels, and I can't do a thing. Frustrating bug!

btw:
* playing on PC, steam version
* I have no idea what weapons I was using or what strat I had as I ran into this bug appx 3 days after the game was released. Sorry for the lack of information, but I've been trying to avoid thinking about it so I could be more patient...

knightau
26th Mar 2013, 00:24
Made an account to reply to this thread, I play on the 360 and I have tried everything except just restarting my game. I was kind of curious if a patch is in the works, I am not looking for a timeline, just wondering if a patch could be coming soon.

After the patch was released on the Xbox 360

Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
Wave by wave, I waited until all enemies were dead before I moved on

Arrows, tactical pistol, shotgun, and axe whenever people got to close to me (I also used explosive arrows twice in the battle)

No

Not that I can think of, I think I may have knocked off an enemy with my axe but I am not 100% on that. I do know that whenever I run back by the beginning of the battle area I can hear an enemy yelling at me, one time I reloaded my file I actually got hit by something I couldn't see but nothing after that.

Gonga
26th Mar 2013, 02:08
I'm the guy who got to the door, the boards blew away, but now I can't fire a rope arrow at anything, so can't open the door. I didn't see this bug until I got to this point in the game, so it would seem it must be related somehow.

Just before I played I noticed the patch downloaded from Steam.

Both.

All weapons

Yes

No

I will wait to finish the game until there is a fix. There's a lot of fighting toward the end I understand, and I don't enjoy all this new combat violence so I'm not looking forward to this part of the game anyway.

Gonga
26th Mar 2013, 05:30
Sorry, it wasn't related, as you probably suspected. It turned out to be a Logitech mouse driver problem, which caused the middle mouse button to stop working.

Sonia_Croft
26th Mar 2013, 22:30
Its a shame a game like tomb raider beigh lunch to the market with this kind of bugs. They took away the game from Core Desight After The Angel of Darkness.
at least Core games of tomb raider didint had this king of bugs... Its lame.

In my case the bow dont through the arrow to the ropes of the door....

Tomb Raider is my favourite game sinse 1996 and i have played it all but this because i cant finish it because of a bug.... its so nasty

YoshiMad08
26th Mar 2013, 23:32
From what I've read here (never had the bug :|), it seems 1 or more Oni are trapped in various areas.
Where most people hear the Oni (stone pillar-y thing, see other posts), has anyone shot around with the grenade launcher?
As it is 'combat', there should be respawning ammo nearby.
It may kill the 'Oni', and it is worth a try.
Also, try this when Lara goes into her combat crouch.
As I said, I've never had the bug, but I have quite a few others (*coughgamewon'tloadwithintelcard*).
If devs could just invent maybe something that pushes enemies out of 'illegal' spaces?
Hope this helps anyone, -YM08

SteffieMichelle
27th Mar 2013, 00:25
I’m experiencing the same problem as many others have posted. When I’m done killing the first wave of the Oni nothing happens. The second wave of Oni never appears, and the rope anchor is not revealed. This problem happened after the first patch would have been released for PS3 as it just happened on Sunday, March 24, 2013. The game was not acting weird and I noticed nothing unusual about the Oni. I did die during the fight the first time I played the level thus triggering a save game check point right at the bottom of the tower were the Oni attack with exploding barrels. I primarily use the bow but have tried every other weapon since encountering the problem.

Are people having luck getting past this bug if they start completely over? Or is the game just broken and unsalvageable?

I received the game as a birthday present and would REALLY like to continue on to the end of the game. I’ve been a fan of Tomb Raider since I was a kid and have never experienced problems like this.

babydee16
27th Mar 2013, 09:06
I got the update for the xbox 360 version of the game (43MB) before I started the game for the first time bit when I got to this part of the game the bug happens and I can't use the arrow to pull away the door because of some wooden planks in the way. this is my first time ever encountering a bug in a game, especially in a tomb raider game. will a new update be out soon to fix this problem as the thought of starting the game all over again is depressing :(

andrei.ciorba
27th Mar 2013, 09:22
From what I've read here (never had the bug :|), it seems 1 or more Oni are trapped in various areas.
Where most people hear the Oni (stone pillar-y thing, see other posts), has anyone shot around with the grenade launcher?
As it is 'combat', there should be respawning ammo nearby.
It may kill the 'Oni', and it is worth a try.
Also, try this when Lara goes into her combat crouch.
As I said, I've never had the bug, but I have quite a few others (*coughgamewon'tloadwithintelcard*).
If devs could just invent maybe something that pushes enemies out of 'illegal' spaces?
Hope this helps anyone, -YM08

YM08, this was one of my first ideas as well :)
Unfortunately, it did not work and I've blown up every grenade and barrel I could find. The explosion radius of a grenade (or even a barrel) is not that big, unfortunately.

The only way the hidden enemy can be located is by sound and since I don't have surround sound I can't even tell on which side of the fallen pillar the sound is coming from. Perhaps anyone was able to identify it more accurately?

An admin/developer command console wound be nice. You can usually do magic stuff with those things :)

Tecstar70
27th Mar 2013, 09:23
I got the update for the xbox 360 version of the game (43MB) before I started the game for the first time bit when I got to this part of the game the bug happens and I can't use the arrow to pull away the door because of some wooden planks in the way. this is my first time ever encountering a bug in a game, especially in a tomb raider game. will a new update be out soon to fix this problem as the thought of starting the game all over again is depressing :(

If its planks, you need to use the shot gun which you may not have yet. If its ropes, then you should be able to pull them down. Do you have a pic?

babydee16
27th Mar 2013, 10:25
If its planks, you need to use the shot gun which you may not have yet. If its ropes, then you should be able to pull them down. Do you have a pic?

I have tried everything but the wooden planks don't move whatsoever :( it's so disheartening that it had to happen so close to the end!

punkindrublic
27th Mar 2013, 23:41
YM08, this was one of my first ideas as well :)
Unfortunately, it did not work and I've blown up every grenade and barrel I could find. The explosion radius of a grenade (or even a barrel) is not that big, unfortunately.

The only way the hidden enemy can be located is by sound and since I don't have surround sound I can't even tell on which side of the fallen pillar the sound is coming from. Perhaps anyone was able to identify it more accurately?

An admin/developer command console wound be nice. You can usually do magic stuff with those things :)

I have also tried this ad infinitum and can confirm no luck. My gut feeling is that the spawned enemy is in a location that the explosions can not reach. I would love to have access to a console command or for a patch that makes these boards breakable with the shotgun as a workaround for those of us who cannot get past this. It stinks because I really enjoyed this game but the further out this goes the harder a time I am having recommending it.

GeekSquadBeauty
28th Mar 2013, 18:51
*** Very important note. My husband and I share the same xbox with different xbox live accounts. My husband finished the game the day before me, and had no issue with this bug whatsoever, but when I went to play this game the next day, On March 22nd, I couldn't get past this part. If it makes a difference I have uncovered more relics, documents, and gps caches than him, and completed more optional tombs.****

•Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
-I'm gonna say yes, since I got the game around this time. I do remember the game having to update before I could play.
u the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
-I took on the Oni as they were coming at me. Each time I reload the checkpoint it always starts at the part after you cross the long rectangle rock that falls so you can get to the other side. There are about 5 oni on one of the wooden fortresses on the right, I usually shoot the red explosive balloons and blow them up, then when I move forward, the cut scene that is supposed to blow away the wooden panels on the door doesn't happen.

I usually use my machine gun, or my bow and arrow on this part.

I died once the first time I played the checkpoint.

They don't act strange. Each time I reload the checkpoint they always do the same thing, which is toss a few of the red explosive balloons in my direction and try to blow them up around me. This is how I died the first time around.

-Note: I did find it strange that the enemies only reappear at the one spot in the corner. Normally when you die and restart the enemies will come from all the locations you previously fought them at. Like, there were no enemies near the doors after I reloaded like there was the first time I played through this part.

(Also its weird, when I am my bow and arrow at the open space above the door, my aim indicator turns red as if there is something to shoot there. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it though.)

If you need anymore information I would be glad to provide it.

GeekSquadBeauty
28th Mar 2013, 19:13
Rolling explosive to the door and trying to blow it off doesnt work.

GeekSquadBeauty
28th Mar 2013, 19:19
yes it looks like one of the enemies may be spawning inside a wall causing it impossible to progress. I can also distinctly hear samurai warriors around but nobody is actually there.
I have noticed that in the past when there are enemies around she always has a weapon pulled out and she puts it away whenever the enemies are killed, but on this part her weapon stays out the whole time as if there are still enemies around & the music stays consistently intense as if in a battle scene.

wtfglitch
28th Mar 2013, 21:57
Okay, I see that the Chasm Stronghold glitch is being experienced by many, many, many, many, many, many, players. This is a glitch that has been known for several weeks now and after spending 3 hrs combing through the forums see that there is no useful fix. I just returned from the store where I was told that the game had been opened so there is no return on it. I am extremely disappointed with this. And... "start game over" or "use someone else save" is NOT a fkn option you give someone who spent $60 on a product and invested over 12hrs in collecting %110 of drops and collectibles. So my question is, where do I mail this pos useless game to in order to get my gdamn fkn money back?

bengal313
29th Mar 2013, 02:52
I think there is a lot of anger stemming from the frustration due to the lack of correspondence. I would just like to know if this is still being addressed by someone. I have not been able to play this game for 17 days. Is there a phone number I can try? I am in no hurry, I would just like to know if anything can be done.

Up until this experience, the game was a definitive contender for GOTY.

dk415
29th Mar 2013, 10:54
well when you move around the corner right from the stone bridge...oni kick out 2 round exploding balls....if lara runs under that area...a wave oni comes from the area in question...when lara runs back to the stone that leads to the 1st area. she kills what ever comes from around the corner......music continues..no oni..no trigger there's the bug.....

if this is pc game good luck...move to ps3 or xbox...ps3 is the best......100 percent completion 11 times so far...

people..use a console.......bugs are rare................

bengal313
29th Mar 2013, 13:50
This problem has occurred on Xbox, PS3, and PC.

konikwai
29th Mar 2013, 23:06
The new patch (march 29th) doesn't fix it ...

Kayden
30th Mar 2013, 03:14
I waited 3 1/2 weeks to play, just for it to be stable enough to play and now, I am stuck on this %^$ damn bug. I have everything upgraded and purchased till that point, I have collected everything that there is to collect till that point. I cannot believe this and my Nvidia issue hasn't been resolved. I am getting !*^@#%@ fed-up with this &^%*.

I am at the Chasm Monastery just after entering going up the stairs, where all the warriors walk and an Oni is getting out fitted in the center of the room, and nothing happens.

EDIT: I apologize for my language, even if it is censored, but how much more of this nonsense with this game am I and others going to have to put up with? I am not beta testing, I and everyone else who paid for this game shouldn't need to go through this. What do we have to do and what has to happen for us to get results?

EDIT 2: I may have what you need to fix this! I realized I saved it just before jumping on the boat, I made it my second slot, then I re-saved to Slot 1 so it wouldn't screw me up when I tried to load. The reason I did this cause I didn't have all the documents and other collectables so I thought it would be good to have something to go back on, well you guys can play it from Save 2 and see why this bug is happening! I made a dropbox account and here are the links, including my profile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiwifssds3csvxe/lastcamp.dat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvqmty0stvc6ton/profile.dat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i598921xwe57wy4/save1.dat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b39qw9e1q3sjkxz/save2.dat

andrei.ciorba
30th Mar 2013, 10:54
I can also confirm that the last patch, issued on the 29th, version 732.1, DOES NOT fix the issue at the Chasm Stronghold (unable to proceed after the area with the Oni throwing exploding barrels from the wooden tower).

In case anyone from the development team has a look over here, here is the savegame that points right at the problem area:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2890566/save1.dat

I'm starting to wonder how screwed up was that area in the first place, because we had THREE patches stating that the issues there have been fixed and we're still unable to proceed.

RedGary
30th Mar 2013, 13:15
I'm getting the same thing on PS3. Prior to this, I think one earlier enemy came back to life, long after seemed dead. The last sequence of samurai do not spawn after defeating enemies at the exploding tower. Lara died at first attempt. On second attempt now this glitch

I'm also hearing a brief samurai noise after the explosion event is all over.
No way to get back to a base camp either and all things tried, as also listed by others

Harry Codder
30th Mar 2013, 16:03
Well, my save was fixed this the latest patch on PC.
So thank the developers for that. :)

Sash716
30th Mar 2013, 19:33
Just saw the message about the new patch, turn on the PS3 and popped in TR. I didn't even get a update notification :(

Is this patch not released for PS3?

Also, I noticed that in the main menu of the game (press start, new game, continue, etc...) I seem to getting a lot of screen tearing (if that's what it's called) huge black spots and lines across the screen. I'm not sure if these were there from before or it's something new.

I'm wondering if i should just start a new game since so many people are saying the patch didn't help their saved file. If that's the case then I don't see a point in waiting around and should just start a new game. Just have to make sure I get save backups before this part.

sigh :(

DrCroft
30th Mar 2013, 21:03
I've just got up to this today ans there are some serious framerate drops. I don't even know what is happening half the time! Will try again tomorrow to see if it something I'm doing :)

soutzouk
30th Mar 2013, 21:21
Got the 1.0.732.1 - March 29th 2013 PC Patch. DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

Jaf82
31st Mar 2013, 09:34
Well, my save was fixed this the latest patch on PC.
So thank the developers for that. :)

This is the first time i have heard of an update working. You must be one of the lucky ones

daveydouble
31st Mar 2013, 12:57
- Bug encountered on 31st March 2013
- Wave by wave / Evaded enemies per wave for cover
- Bow, Rifle, Pickaxe, Shotgun
- Repeatedly
- Voice of enemy is heard in lower section both before or after tower explosion. Voice is only heard once. Enemy cannot be located.

I appreciate that a lot of work goes into putting these games out. Please also appreciate that when I buy a game I expect it to be playable. This bug has halted any progress, and the fact that previous patches had been released before I even purchased the game means if it had actually been fixed that I would be in the clear. The game was released with several game killing bugs apparently, if I bought any other product which rendered it unusable it would simply go back and it would be simple enough to get my money back.
A book missing a final chapter, or a film missing a portion of the third act for instance. Its pretty simple to find and show these problems in order to get a refund. Not so with games.

With three patches which haven't removed the bug you need to insert a section of the script for that level that will remove all enemies when the tower explodes, so that the glitched enemy in the wall somewhere is also killed.
If this enemy is present in save files, as seems apparent, the kill switch should allow progress through the normal route so cinematics can trigger properly.
To clarify, is there a reason why the tower explosion cannot trigger a 'kill all' event that will take out any glitches enemies?
If it can be done, why hasn't it? Its a simple and effective fix which does not in anyway hurt the narrative, and allows progress to the next point in the game.

Thanks

punkindrublic
31st Mar 2013, 15:25
- Repeatedly
- Voice of enemy is heard in lower section both before or after tower explosion. Voice is only heard once. Enemy cannot be located.

I appreciate that a lot of work goes into putting these games out. Please also appreciate that when I buy a game I expect it to be playable. This bug has halted any progress, and the fact that previous patches had been released before I even purchased the game means if it had actually been fixed that I would be in the clear. The game was released with several game killing bugs apparently, if I bought any other product which rendered it unusable it would simply go back and it would be simple enough to get my money back.
A book missing a final chapter, or a film missing a portion of the third act for instance. Its pretty simple to find and show these problems in order to get a refund. Not so with games.

With three patches which haven't removed the bug you need to insert a section of the script for that level that will remove all enemies when the tower explodes, so that the glitched enemy in the wall somewhere is also killed.
If this enemy is present in save files, as seems apparent, the kill switch should allow progress through the normal route so cinematics can trigger properly.
To clarify, is there a reason why the tower explosion cannot trigger a 'kill all' event that will take out any glitches enemies?
If it can be done, why hasn't it? Its a simple and effective fix which does not in anyway hurt the narrative, and allows progress to the next point in the game.

Thanks

This is a good idea and having it as a trigger for a kill all event would allow those normally pressing through the game to continue even if they choose not to blow up the tower as long as they kill everyone separately.

Hans_Muff
31st Mar 2013, 17:37
Same Probleme here
Plattform: PC / Steam

shadowland
31st Mar 2013, 19:14
Same problem here.
Platform: PC / Steam, updated with latest patch at 31 March.

• No
• wave by wave
• Bow, Pistol, Rifle.
• Nope
• Nop

The game is awesome so far... but, in this place, nothing works, in my case there is no "voices" from any enemy, won't change anything commiting suicide (or letting them kill you), and trying to restart the last control point (starting in that very same place, hat off to the level designer / whoever who decided this, like it was a hard area or something, why not just at the start of the battle...). But Lara seems to stay in combat mode, so obiously some Oni didn't spawn (or respawn) where it belongs.

The Trigger that the buddy some post above mine, its a perfect solution, don't change the behaviour of the game for anyone (nor new player, nor experienced ones), but maybe they can't implement it if they have to modify those multi-gig files with the game data...

so, why not puting a code trigger, where when we get to this area, and enter a certain zone (some "safe" space coordinates), that can be perfectly computed in a patch, just trigger the scene necesary?

Or... just make us a "trainer" who let us pass this area (this will have to be implemented in the code for testing / debug purposes, so why not let us just "jump" no the next inmediate area via "cheat" code? Just in this case. Don't break anything, but let us play the rest of the game.

This bug is incredible, I'm loosing my desire to even finish the game.

As a software developer myself (and a hobbyst video game maker on my free time), this is even embarrasing for a game of this amazing production value.

It's a shame, really.

shadowland
31st Mar 2013, 20:40
After trying again, I have hear the voice of a Oni Soldier stuck in what it seems a random place, in 3 runs, i have hear it in 3 different areas.

Hope it healps.

maroon05
31st Mar 2013, 22:31
*after update ps3
*wave by wave
*all weapons
*no
*heard samurai shout somewhere but could not find

This is an annoying bug as I cannot , no matter what i try, get past it. I get the brief cutscene after all samurai have died but everytime i try to rope pull with an arrow it just shows it as a normal arrow shot, even though the crosshair changes.

DS_Nadine
31st Mar 2013, 22:58
Got the newest patch, but that fixes the Oni AFTER the wooden barrier I guess,... not the wooden barricade in front of the door that won't leave.

Btw.:
I finally finisehd the game and -it's not that the barrier won't fly away when you blow up the guys in the Tower. It's that the last group of enemys won't appear, wich now showed up after blowing up the Tower and then made room for the wind to blow away the wooden planks.

It may be that the enmies spawned the first time I encountered the sower, but they ain't in my broken savegame.

A1exXS
1st Apr 2013, 00:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf4ciBSIk9c

Someone can help me??? This is really frustrating.

Kayden
1st Apr 2013, 03:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf4ciBSIk9c

Someone can help me??? This is really frustrating.

This isn't a glitch here, what you need to do it press the E key for your climbing axe when you fall, you don't grab the ledge. Hope that helps.

A1exXS
1st Apr 2013, 04:05
This isn't a glitch here, what you need to do it press the E key for your climbing axe when you fall, you don't grab the ledge. Hope that helps.

But the camera freezes :(

andrei.ciorba
1st Apr 2013, 07:39
- Repeatedly

Thanks

In my opinion, having a trigger that simply kills all enemies would not be very welcome, since it would manifest as a bug by itself. Not a gamestopping one, true, but it would still be abnormal behavior. For example, what if the Oni in the tower have long left the tower when you decide to blow it up? Or what if an Oni from the previous area is following you when you get to the tower, should it just drop dead because you blew up some barrels 50 meters/yards away?

I know that the devs know their job (and their product) better than us, but if I were to make a tiny suggestion, I believe there are two problems here:

The savegame/checkpoint of those already stuck right before the tower most likely contains inconsistent or insufficient data for triggering the next events (another wave of Oni or opening the passageway). These inconsistencies should be checked and fixed when loading the checkpoint, thus leaving the game logic and triggering intact afterwards. That's why I posted my "stuck" savegame at the beginning of the page, so the devs would have some input data to work with :)
Whatever event does not happen on the first playthrough, that eventually leads to an inconsistent state of the savegame/checkpoint. No idea what it might be, probably a corner case that hasn't beed explicitly treated.

Anyway, fixing the first point would (not only make a lot of people happy, but) also would provide a temporary workaround for those that reach the problem area and get stuck. For them, a simple reload / self-kill would fix the problem since the broken conditions would be fixed upon reloading the inconsistent savegame.

Hope this helps.

daveydouble
1st Apr 2013, 13:36
I've looked at it as the simplest route to allow progression. Let's not talk about physics inconsistences.

The kill all would allow progression to the remaining 40+% of the game whilst sacrificing the <1% that is currently causing people to be unable to get any further.The kill all would be a gameplay mechanic to aid progression.
It wouldn't affect the narrative in any way.

I may be an odd ball, I accept that, but I play through a game to experience the narrative, run around and shooting things (the game mechanic) never really changes.

I'll admit that a kill all is an exploitable bug that allows you to progress without wading through the soldiers in that you can race to that point, trigger the kill all and move on, but at this point, after three patches that haven't fixed the issue, I'd much rather be able to complete the game, having played it this far than not.
I've no interest in replaying a game once the central narrative is complete, no matter what rewards are in place. And that goes equally for playing through a game again, because there's a game killing bug that may or may not be fixed by the time I get to the same point.

Its all well and good having advice in hindsight that players should have multiple saves to got back through, but really, that kind of bug should not be present, and hindsight is no good to players who are now many hours into a game only to find that it is, for all intents and purposes, broken.

wingless
2nd Apr 2013, 03:28
i have the exact same problem here also
i must have restarted at least 30 times at the same spot
i tried getting myself killed by enemies,jump off the cliff,checkpoint restart, running around for undead enemies, emptying all weapons by shooting at the gate and still no success in overcoming that tiny bug
im playing on ps3, really dont want to restart and spend another 8 hours on it

Sn0wWhite
3rd Apr 2013, 18:30

After recent patch (Xbox 360)

Wave by wave

Bow and rifle

No

No

I contacted Halifax Italia assistance who gave me information about this forum. They are too kind and helpful.
I don't have a time to restart the game. I hope you can resolve this problem. It's frustrating can't go on. Please do something.. :(

ajluby
4th Apr 2013, 20:26
Hi Eidos,
I encountered the bug today (4/4/2013), used the rifle all the way through, took on the enemies wave by wave, saw none acting strangely and didn't die during the fight. I can also hear an invisble enemy talking if I go back to where the fight starts.
I'm seriously gutted about this glitch, was REALLY enjoying the game and don't wanna start all over again if it's just gonna do the same thing.

BruceBassAttack
4th Apr 2013, 23:59
This glitch happened to me today, really bummed me out after putting quite a bit of time into this game, get so far and have this happen. I hope that this is resolved so I can see what happens, I love this game and hope to finish it.

Nosmk
5th Apr 2013, 18:28

After recent patch (PS3)

Wave by wave

Bow and rifle

No

No

Do you do something to fix this bug? Much time has passed. Or return my money for this game I spending :(

ps sorry for my bad english:) Iam from Russia

skylarpeterson
5th Apr 2013, 23:20

After recent patch (PS3)

Wave by wave

Rifle and pistol

Yes

No

Hope this gets fixed soon. Don't wanna start over

cnnryng
6th Apr 2013, 15:21
Same problem here, on Xbox, it was about a week ago so I don't remember what weapon I used or if anyone acted weird etc.

What's annoying is that this is my second run through the game collecting the relics etc, the first tim through there were no problems! No way I want to restart it and have to collect all those GPS's and relics again

Tvom Tom
6th Apr 2013, 17:06
is there any KNOWN status on this glitch? any patch or announcements? i'm playing it on the xbox360 and its just ruined my experience with the game.

i'd figure a game breaking glitch like this, where it stops a player from finishing a game would be a big enough issue to address a quick fix, but i've been stuck here for a week now and im about to just say "screw it", i can't load back any farther then the big tower and i SURE don't want to replay the whole game again just in hopes to get stuck here again.

quite disheartening really

i posted this almost a month ago, download the patched and still nothings changed for me,

i hit the bug before the march 18th patch on xbox360

i went wave by wave using only my bow i did not die during my fight nor did i see any enemies acting strangely.

im just gonna quit the game, watch the ending on youtube and claim i beat it. its a good game but im not gonna replay the WHOLE game again just to get the last 10 minutes out of it.

Sash716
7th Apr 2013, 18:13
Somewhere here it was said there suppose to be a patch that attempted to fix the issue. Think it was a week ago and I still haven't seen a patch on PS3. was it just PC or something?

Also I'm linking this video here that shows some weird screen tearing when the game first starts up during the title screen. I can't remember but I don't think these happened when I first started playing the game. Is anyone else seeing this happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22iV_1wS5kQ

Honestly, it's been a while since I played so I might start from the beginning again. But I seriously hope I don't run into this bug again.

Also, it would be nice to hear from the Dev team to see if they're still working on this issue or not. Or perhaps tell us if they have any ideas on what's causing this and how they're planning on fixing it.

cheers

RedGary
7th Apr 2013, 18:39
Having waited for the patch to fix, I decided to replay whole game and save game in new slot before entering monastery. This time the glitch did not happen and I have gone through the gate OK this time . That single lone Oni voice was still there ( after I had pulled the rope-gate open, I went back down slope to check , and Oni noise still there even if get no glitch )

Driber
7th Apr 2013, 20:35

I asked the devs to post an update about this. Please remain calm :)

pissedoffnow
9th Apr 2013, 01:35
I got this game as a gift from my bf.

This has been the longest time in a while that I actually LIKED a TOMB RAIDER game. First time through on my Xbox....stupid chasm glitch, where the wood won't break away.

1) How rude would it be to return it?

2) Can YOU explain to him why I have to start over again. He's never played TR and now he never will and hopefully never will I so help they send out defective games.

Would rather be in Skyrim.

pissedoffnow
9th Apr 2013, 01:39
Frankly, if they don't patch it now, I'm just going to put it in a pile and when they decide to fix it I will soooooooo not be there to care because they've already lost me as a viable customer. At least Square Enix dosen't need this game to do well....

Driber
9th Apr 2013, 07:09
I got this game as a gift from my bf.

This has been the longest time in a while that I actually LIKED a TOMB RAIDER game. First time through on my Xbox....stupid chasm glitch, where the wood won't break away.

1) How rude would it be to return it?

2) Can YOU explain to him why I have to start over again. He's never played TR and now he never will and hopefully never will I so help they send out defective games.

Would rather be in Skyrim.

Frankly, if they don't patch it now, I'm just going to put it in a pile and when they decide to fix it I will soooooooo not be there to care because they've already lost me as a viable customer. At least Square Enix dosen't need this game to do well....

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the game. I realize how frustrating it must be, especially since it was a gift :(

Please be aware that we need posts in the tech forum to be constructive and on topic; mere rage posts are unwelcome in this section. With that said, I'll need to change your username, as it is inappropriate. You can send me a PM with a more suitable screenname and I'll take care of it.

As for the bug - it's still being looked into. All we can do is be patient and provide as much information as possible, so that the devs can pin point what's causing this. Just registering an account to say "it's not working" is not going to move anything forward. Please see the OP for the questionnaire.

MeaganMarie
9th Apr 2013, 18:13
Hello all -

I'm getting some update notes in order right now, but the newest title update for the Xbox 360 should have gone live today. The team worked their butts off to try and find a fix for this really complex bug, and think they've done it. Can any of you download the title update and let us know if you're able to progress now?

andrei.ciorba
9th Apr 2013, 18:53
No update available yet - maybe it's in one of the dev branch betas?

MeaganMarie
9th Apr 2013, 19:35
No update available yet - maybe it's in one of the dev branch betas?

I'm sorry if I caused confusion. The title update is just for the Xbox 360 so far. Are you on PC/PS3? I've been assured that the title update has gone live in all territories for both platforms!

I'll look into timing for the other platforms.

Jaf82
9th Apr 2013, 19:49
No update for ps3 yet here in uk

MeaganMarie
9th Apr 2013, 20:21
No update for ps3 yet here in uk

I've just been updated that TU#3 has only gone live for the Xbox 360 so far. I apologize for the confusion! I'm looking into PS3/PC timing.

cnnryng
11th Apr 2013, 00:00
Xbox 360 here, the update worked! Thanks!

MeaganMarie
11th Apr 2013, 01:34
Xbox 360 here, the update worked! Thanks!

BEST NEWS EVER! :D

d0c_shock
11th Apr 2013, 12:18
Just registered to say thanks, the update fixed the Chasm Monastery Bug for me too on Xbox 360 I was able to progress past the rope anchor point and pull the barrier down, this patch will probably make a lot of people happy once it gets released on all platforms too.

Driber
11th Apr 2013, 13:04
Just registered to say thanks, the update fixed the Chasm Monastery Bug for me too on Xbox 360 I was able to progress past the rope anchor point and pull the barrier down, this patch will probably make a lot of people happy once it gets released on all platforms too.

Wow, thanks for signing up just for confirming the TU fixed the bug for you. How nice of you do that that :) :thumb:

Sash716
11th Apr 2013, 18:30
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU!!! just got the update on PS3 and it worked :D Funny enough I was in the middle of a new game when the notification popped up and I hit yes without hesitation lol

Loaded the game, killed the tower guys but nothing happened. I walked toward the gate and nothing for 2-3 secs then I heard that great sexy horn and the mobs spawned lol

Thank you :D

DS_Nadine
12th Apr 2013, 21:42
Oh my gosh! PC Patch working confirmed!

I can finally finish the game! Thank you! *woot*

fishstyyx
13th Apr 2013, 01:40
Thank you guys for all your hard work, I'm psyched to finish the game!
Edit: PC platform, in case you don't want to dig for my old post and are gathering data. Thanks again!

konikwai
13th Apr 2013, 12:37
it works (PC steam version)

Thank you so much :)

gowrs
14th Apr 2013, 04:37
I am currntly in the chasm shrine and I can't get the door to open. No matter how fast i mash the "E" button the axe handle icon will never fill past the bottom tip

Chedrito
14th Apr 2013, 17:36
Hi!!! Eidos
The update didn't fix the bug on my xbox.
Is there anything am I doing wrong?

Please help!!!
I install it 14-04 and It doesn't working

HELP

DS_Nadine
14th Apr 2013, 19:12
I am currntly in the chasm shrine and I can't get the door to open. No matter how fast i mash the "E" button the axe handle icon will never fill past the bottom tip

Uh, this is a different error... maybe open an own thread for it? (Or you hit the wrong key?!)

andrei.ciorba
14th Apr 2013, 21:03
Indeed, the patch fixed the problem area on the PC. Good job!

sherlockmao
16th Apr 2013, 01:22
Hi I am on PC, using STEAM platform. Last week, I passed the game, on easy mode, no bug at all. Yesterday morning (Apr 14 2013), STEAM auto-updated Tomb Raider, and I was playing for the second time. And in the afternoon, I entered Chasm Monastery, and the bug was there.

Yesterday, I killed all Oni, on the ground, used shotgun and rifle, used SHIFTs to dodge attacks. And then Chasm bug happened.

Before that, in my first play through, I jumped to higher places to dodge attacks, not the on the ground.

sherlockmao
16th Apr 2013, 01:23
Hi I am on PC, using STEAM platform. Last week, I passed the game, on easy mode, no bug at all. Yesterday morning (Apr 14 2013), STEAM auto-updated Tomb Raider, and I was playing for the second time. And in the afternoon, I entered Chasm Monastery, and the bug was there.

Yesterday, I killed all Oni, on the ground, used shotgun and rifle, used SHIFTs to dodge attacks. And then Chasm bug happened.

Before that, in my first play through, I jumped to higher places to dodge attacks, not the on the ground.

Seems my bug happens AFTER the update, on PC STEAM.

mictalem
17th Apr 2013, 01:14
I have same issue :(, got all the Onis, then had the wind scene were the big Oni fies away, then the door os closed, I have seen some videos and there is anything to be done there, the door should be open, is there a solution for this?

bengal313
17th Apr 2013, 02:06
Patch worked perfectly on the PS3 in America. Thanks very much.

mariokatsia
2nd May 2013, 13:45
At the end of the level chasm stronghold after the enormous samurai gets struck by pieces of wood and drifted by the wind i enter the room where a campsite exists. After this room there is another one where graphics are wrecked, i can see through walls and i can't proceed any further. I am stuck there.You advised me to verify the integrity of the game's cache and i did it. Despite that the problem is still there. I don't know what to do and i am very irritated with this situation! What is going on with this level? Any ideas? I play the game on PC (STEAM). The bug appeared to me 2 days ago. I took on the waves of samurais one by one. I died several times during the fight and i didn't notice odd behaviors.

mariokatsia
2nd May 2013, 13:51
At the end of the level chasm stronghold after the enormous samurai gets struck by pieces of wood and drifted by the wind i enter the room where a campsite exists. After this room there is another one where graphics are wrecked, i can see through walls and i can't proceed any further. I am stuck there.You advised me to verify the integrity of the game's cache and i did it. Despite that the problem is still there. I don't know what to do and i am very irritated with this situation! What is going on with this level? Any ideas? I play the game on PC (STEAM). The bug appeared to me 2 days ago. I took on the waves of samurais one by one. I died several times during the fight and i didn't notice odd behaviors.

dr_quack
5th May 2013, 17:00

This. I am having the exact same issue.

ajluby
7th May 2013, 06:31
hi guys, only just came back to this thread today and tried out the new update straight away and it worked. Thank you all soooooooo much for the hard work in setting it right, maybe now I can finally finish the game.

chisthegamer
4th Jun 2013, 12:02
BEST NEWS EVER! :D
hi there which forums do i go to report problems and post feedback

Harry1993
29th Apr 2014, 16:17
I can not seem to get Lara free of the binds at the start of the level, I am on the PC version I can swing but when it tells me to (mash L mouse to pull free I can not get free I have been trying for 30mins and nothing is happening, can somebody help.

Djencic
6th Jan 2015, 01:07
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum but I had a problem with chasm sheine area, room with a dark pit dissapearing and fixed it by fast traveling to the beach and returning back to the chasm shrine camp. Idk if this solution was posted before but I had no luck finding it on the web so I decided to write it down here just in case. Good luck

kaindragon
18th Mar 2015, 11:18

I am on the Xbox1 and have this same issue. Is there a way around it or a patch coming out to fix it?

JSPACEMANuk
22nd Mar 2015, 05:50
Xbox One user here too and I have the same issue also.

Is this going to be patched? At the moment I've wasted my money on a game that cannot be completed.

To confirm, the big samurai gets blown away by the wind and I enter the building where there is a campfire. Walking beyond that and into the next room results in broken graphics, no sound effects beyond Lara's breathing and footsteps, and there is no way to get beyond the room.
I've played this on PC and if memory serves me correct I should have to find a way to release a big bell to drop down and smash the cover that should be over the hole that currently Lara can just stand on without falling down.

CGourley
27th Nov 2015, 00:24
I am on the Xbox1 and have this same issue. Is there a way around it or a patch coming out to fix it?

Same here. I downloaded the game on Xbox Live. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I still have the graphics glitch and cannot continue.