PDA

View Full Version : Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

MeaganMarie
15th Feb 2013, 23:10
UPDATE 3/19

For those of you who came across this bug, it should be resolved now! Here is how to activate the radio tower basecamp and move along in the game:

1. From the Map Room base camp, fast travel to any other base camp
2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp (do not walk)
3. You can now access the Radio Tower base camp from the fast travel menu!

--------

Hello everyone,

We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Steam Pipe Progression” bug.

This is a rare bug prevents the player from progressing past the steam pipes if they fast travel backwards from the camp at the base of the radio tower. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring for future players. With this update players who have encountered the bug will be able to sit at any base camp to return to their progress at the base of the radio tower.

However until the patch is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of next patch/title update: LIVE

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Press the ESC key to open the Pause Menu and click on “Change Save Slot”.
2. Look at the three slots and choose an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
3. Click on the slot to confirm saving in that slot, and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data, confirm that you wish to overwrite the save data in that slot by choosing "Yes" in the pop-up.
4. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the ESC key.

Bug specifics below:

This is a bug during the chapter “Cry for Help” near the “Base Exterior/Mountain Base.” Essentially this bug is caused by sitting at the camp at the base of the radio tower before “discovering” it, and fast traveling away. If the player uses a wall scramble to get to the roof with the camp instead of going up the stairs, the “camp discovered” pop-up will not activate. If you then fast travel back to a previous area, this campsite will not register on the map and the steam pipes will halt your progress forward.

Vensalir
5th Mar 2013, 12:43
Hi all,

I think I might have broken my game. Specifically, I'm stuck

At the point where I must climb the radio tower. I reached the base of the tower and rested at the campfire. I then fast-traveled back to a previous area (mountain village) to get a few items I had missed and talked to Roth. When I tried to fast-travel back to the base of the tower, that campfire was not listed. Instead, the closest one was the Map Room, that connects to the Radio tower area (base exterior I think it's called) via a steam tunnel, which is now inaccessible, therefore preventing me from reaching the tower at all. I don't know of any other passage, and i can't progress through the game.

Of course, thanks to the magic of the lack of independent saves, my last and only loadable checkpoint is the Map Room, meaning I'm stuck for good.

Solutions, possibly not including a full game restart, would be appreciated :D

Thanks for your time !

*EDIT*

User legobibi just uploaded a video on Youtube which illustrates the problem pretty effectively. Enjoy.

LC2ALWexAhg

legobibi
5th Mar 2013, 13:47
Same problem for me and i'm not alone, these topic shows people having the same bug:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-21147-122235-1-0-1-0-bloquer-dans-une-zone-deja-finie.htm

please fix it :(

Tecstar70
5th Mar 2013, 15:16
What platform are you on?

Vensalir
5th Mar 2013, 15:27
PC here.

legobibi
5th Mar 2013, 15:38
Same for me, PC, i've done a video, i'am just uploading it on youtube.

legobibi
5th Mar 2013, 15:51
Here the video of the bug:

LC2ALWexAhg

Can you edit your first post Vensalir and add this link ? :)

Vensalir
5th Mar 2013, 15:58
There, done. Thanks for the video, by the way, I don't generally spend much time on forums, but the ground rule seems to be that the fancier your thread is, the more people actually seem to care about your problem..

legobibi
5th Mar 2013, 16:00
Yeah now we have just to hope for a quick fix :(

tibi888
5th Mar 2013, 21:15
i'm exactly the same situation on ps3!
but my last loadable checkpoint is base exterior...i can reach the radio tower but can't climb up on the ladder
so i'm stuck

HAAV0K
5th Mar 2013, 21:47
I ran into the same problem on Xbox, still no response from Crystal Dynamics about when it might be fixed? I tried tweeting @tombraider to ask about it but they deleted the tweet and blocked me.

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 22:09
any fixes for this yet? I would love to finish my game....
I cannot bleave they overlooked this massive game-breaking bug...the game is meant so you can go back and explore yet they block your passage?
Its not like a small bug either...

Tecstar70
5th Mar 2013, 22:16
I cannot bleave they overlooked this massive game-breaking bug...the game is meant so you can go back and explore yet they block your passage?

These forums are monitored by Eidos/CD so I am sure that they are aware and are looking to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 22:17
that awesome, I love this game so far it just sucks to hit a wall like this while I was so into it.
I really hope they patch this soon!

tibi888
5th Mar 2013, 22:18

i think the problem is not the blocked passage.
the problem is the last base camp is not on the list...
may we need to start over :(

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 22:22
well there is a "day camp" some reason you cant travel too,...thats why I did not think much of leaving, cause I was at a camp

HUGE HUGE game flaw making some camps unable to travel to as, its your save point, your gear everything. so you automatically assume you can go back, but nope....why? who knows...

seems like the dumbest save/checkpoint fast-travel feature I have ever seen in my gaming life..

TombRaiding
5th Mar 2013, 22:24
Before I climbing the radio tower, I fast traveled to a previous location to collect something. I fast traveled back to the Mountain base area and can't get out.

I can't squeez in between the pipes like before. I found someone with the same problem on another site. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stuck At Mountain Base (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615700-tomb-raider/65613975)

Vensalir
5th Mar 2013, 22:39
While I agree such bugs (not the only one of it's kind from what I've heard so far) do have a very strong impact on the game, they only influence a very small portion of it. It's a big design flaw, but at least it's occasional and not systematic. To me, it looks like they could all be fixed with little effort (make the steam passage accessible again or add the campfire to the fast-travel list). I am hopeful for a quick patch or workaround.

Now, having a free-save system would be even better, but apparently it's "Too mainstream" ...

tibi888
5th Mar 2013, 22:40
well there is a "day camp" some reason you cant travel too,...thats why I did not think much of leaving, cause I was at a camp

HUGE HUGE game flaw making some camps unable to travel to as, its your save point, your gear everything. so you automatically assume you can go back, but nope....why? who knows...

seems like the dumbest save/checkpoint fast-travel feature I have ever seen in my gaming life..
i think you can only use fast travel at base camps not in day camps and what is missing in my game is the latest base camp (right after the radio tower)

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 22:46
but i had no idea you could not travel to day-camps as i got that far in one sitting, it was my day off....now its all wasted and honestly am pretty pissed off, i just got off work, hoping to play..now am stuck reading for fixes online.
I made a post asking if anyone will let me use their PC save game thats around that point cause i want to plaaaaaaayyyy .

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 23:02
that makes 2 (am sure many more)

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 23:05
I, and many others are posting about this very issue right now, as of now...nope theres nothing you can do, you are stuck. game over...unless you can start over , find another persons save (what am doing) or wait for a fix...

this is totally insane

TombRaiding
5th Mar 2013, 23:18
Having the same problem. It's absolutely ridiculous. Such an amazing game, but a bug this big just degrades the product. They need to patch this or something, quickly.

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 23:22
Yeah I spent the better half of my day off playing. to just hit a wall like this? Is horrible....I was hoping by the time I got off work today something would be fixed .

It would not be too bad if they did multi saves like almost every other game ever made, and just lose a little bit of progress, but nope. they are bending me over and giving it to me hard on this one.....

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 23:23
I can no longer finish my game , cause i hit that bug where you get stuck in the mountain base...forever...with no way out.

so if anyone has a save file I Can use that's any point close to that point maybe the city? I would be grateful

this bug should be on a sticky thread cause it will totally end your game...

thanks if you can help!

Samosa03
5th Mar 2013, 23:47
There is a camp you can fast travel from
if you go to the room you get ambushed and turn right then jump off the platform onto the ledge and follow the path and there is a camp

lovemehate
5th Mar 2013, 23:55
well the issue is, that if you did not unlock the next camp, you can no longer access that whole map (mountain exterior) there is that Day-camp but you cannot fast travel there.

from the camp you are talking about (in the ambush room) is exactly where everyone is stuck, to get to the next part you have go in that steam room , that little crack in the wall right? well its blocked off for good after you pass is once. so if you go back to any other camps , you can never leave again.

Willadaygo
6th Mar 2013, 00:11
Exactly the same situation lovemehate, should we buckle and just start over :S ? They better fix this ASAP!

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 00:12
well its a good 5hrs of work for me.....i had all collected items...i might just wait, am trying to find someone to share their save file....but i might just take it up the brown-round and start over

Tecstar70
6th Mar 2013, 00:20
I know it sucks guys, but if you can create multiple save files.

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 00:25
well, you can but the game is pretty straight foreword on saving. its all auto, other then starting a new game it wont even ask.

and its not like skyrim or some massive rpg with 100000 things going on with multi paths and choices....
and EVERY action game I have ever played has always let me select chapters and what not.

AND all the other pc games I have auto-make multi saves

AND I did not expect a game breaking bug this huge, nor should I.

SE_Param
6th Mar 2013, 01:11
Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

SE_Param
6th Mar 2013, 01:16
Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 01:24
awesome, thank you for acknowledging this!

SE_Param
6th Mar 2013, 01:41
Can you give me a more details on the exact bug that you are getting so I may be able to help you.

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 01:52
sure!
After completing the map Mountain Base, and entering the crack in the wall to the next map/level Mountain exterior , I got to the part where there is a day camp on my way up to the radio tower, had to save/exit. when i started playing again I went back to another campfire to find some forgotten collectables....

then when I was ready to finish my story and get to the radio tower, I realize there is no unlocked fireplace in Mountain exterior , the closest is in the mountain base. however you can no longer get to mountain exterior as the hole in the wall (with the steam pipes) is now blocked by steam and you automatically get pushed away.

and there is no other way around. it locks you in that part of the game, and unable to finish the story!

here is a video showing the issue

http://youtu.be/LC2ALWexAhg

EyezGlazed
6th Mar 2013, 03:12
Can you even share save-games? (and no sorry I can't share it anyways just curious.. I'm already 70%)

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 03:56
for the pc? am sure, every game I have every played (except saints row 3...) I have been able to backup my save file, I format a lot. but like to keep my save file...just in case...

lovemehate
6th Mar 2013, 04:00
I just started a new game, I hope that this can get fixed so that no one else has to hit this nasty little bug.....
Other then that, I would give this game a 10/10 .

TombRaiding
6th Mar 2013, 09:13
I ended up starting over again. Such an amazing game with such a massive flaw. It's disappointing.

Kiite
6th Mar 2013, 12:39
I'm on the same state here, don't know if I want to start the game all over again but I don't want to wait much for a fix. ;_;

Vensalir
6th Mar 2013, 19:46
Agreed, the game's real good if you can tolerate a few bugs here and there. As a PC gamer, bad console ports are pretty much the norm these days. Glad to see TR isn't one of them.

zirno
6th Mar 2013, 23:52
same prob on ps3 DX. well atleast se knows about the glitch, might aswell play multiplayer till it gets fixed

Waffler
7th Mar 2013, 09:38
It's not a gamebreaking bug.

Check the map, in the large room right next to the "steamy pipes room" there's a camp.

To reach it, simply jump back up the ledge via the ramp. Use the fire to fast travel out of there. Problem solved. ;)

Tecstar70
7th Mar 2013, 09:40

Check the map, in the large room right next to the "steamy pipes room" there's a camp.

To reach it, simply jump back up the ledge via the ramp. Use the fire to fast travel out of there. Problem solved. ;)

Can you guys with this issue confirm that this works? Thanks.

just*raidin*tomb
7th Mar 2013, 10:07
Can you guys with this issue confirm that this works? Thanks.

Yeah its a Base camp I'm pretty sure. The one in the corner on the second floor? Yeah, you can fast travel from/to there.

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 10:21
Your problem is that you fast traveled to the Base and not the Base Exterior, which is here you were to begin with, head back to a camp which allows fast travel and then fast travel to Mountain Base Exterior, you will be right next to the Radio Tower

StacieMac01
7th Mar 2013, 10:35
You can change save slots on xbox it auto saves but every so often I change save slots you have to go to the menu and select change save slot. I do this just in case so i don't have to start over all the way and when you change slots it saves it at the most recent auto save point.

krimsonmedic
7th Mar 2013, 16:28
Same thing just happened.. I could only fast travel back to the map room, and then when I tried to proceed through that tunnel.. it's blocked by steam.

This just made the game unplayable, I'm not going to start over.

This was on Xbox 360

Krazedirish
7th Mar 2013, 17:42
You guys aren't understanding the problem. I myself and stuck here also. The mountain base EXTERIOR campsite which we transported from ISN'T ON THE MAP if you leave before finishing the zone.

I cleared everything up the SECOND base camp in the EXTERIOR, teleported back to get an item I missed aannddd poof, the base camp is gone and you cannot enter the pipes again to continue.

GAME BREAKING.

And the whole multiple saves thing, come on now, that's just silly, who expects a game that gives you ZERO control of saving to have to create multiples just in case the game has a flaw.

Krazedirish
7th Mar 2013, 17:50
So sad, was thoroughly enjoying the game too, like 7 hours work. =(. Unless there is a fix, have to start over seems mmeehhhh. lol =(.

Krazedirish
7th Mar 2013, 20:28
Another victim to this also, no bueno. =(

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 21:52
Huh... That is strange, I thought it automatically added the camps to your map even if you didn't interact with them :scratch:

kenrose1
7th Mar 2013, 23:40
Your problem is that you fast traveled to the Base and not the Base Exterior, which is here you were to begin with, head back to a camp which allows fast travel and then fast travel to Mountain Base Exterior, you will be right next to the Radio Tower

I did the same thing, teleported from the unfinished camp by the radio tower back to the previous camp and was locked into the previous location...not able to go through the pipes.
To get out of it, I teleported back from the pipe area camp (which is where the pipes are located) to the camp by the radio tower. I than physically back tracked to find the missing piece. By the way, to do this you climb up on the zip line and work your way backwards on the line. Didn't know until now you could do that. Hope this helps.

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:02
Hey guys,

I'm really, genuinely sorry that you're all stuck here and unable to finish up the game. I've escalated this issue to the team so they can investigate and try to recreate it.

Thank you for your patience!

Vensalir
8th Mar 2013, 05:48
Well, thanks for looking into this :)
It's heartening to see official replies from both SE and Eidos in such a short time. Other software houses take ages to answer !

krimsonmedic
8th Mar 2013, 07:23

If you haven't gotten the next base camp, that doesn't fix anything.. as you can't go any further in the game.

just*raidin*tomb
8th Mar 2013, 08:28
You guys aren't understanding the problem. I myself and stuck here also. The mountain base EXTERIOR campsite which we transported from ISN'T ON THE MAP if you leave before finishing the zone.

I cleared everything up the SECOND base camp in the EXTERIOR, teleported back to get an item I missed aannddd poof, the base camp is gone and you cannot enter the pipes again to continue.

GAME BREAKING.

And the whole multiple saves thing, come on now, that's just silly, who expects a game that gives you ZERO control of saving to have to create multiples just in case the game has a flaw.

I don't get it. I did the exact same thing and had no problem. Are you talking about the base camp right at the zipline to get to the radio tower? Because I fast traveled back to the Coastal Forest to clear it out and was able fast travel to the same basecamp I left from. :/

Waffler
8th Mar 2013, 14:17
I don't get it either.

When the steam is in the crack, the explosion must have happened which means that you've also climbed the radio tower before.

To get there, you must have passed that base camp on the upper ledge which should be on the map.

krimsonmedic
8th Mar 2013, 15:23
If you fast travel from the very next base you get to once you get passed the steam crack thing.. that's a day camp, not a base camp. From there you screw your self over since the steam wall magically appears and won't let you pass.

Why it's there in the first place is absolutely beyond me...they basically built in the glitch knowingly.

Demus
8th Mar 2013, 18:15
I've got the same problem as well.

I did not finish the mountain exterior area, instead i fast traveled back to the mountain base the moment i reached the camp where you can fast travel from. However, that camp (in mountain exterior) does not appear on the fast travel selection, so i can't fast travel past the steam vents.

In short: the explosion HAS happened, but i have NOT climbed the entire tower yet.

Quillan
8th Mar 2013, 19:37

There's no way to leave that zone without finishing it other than using the base camp, which puts it on the map. The base camp for the base exterior zone is located in the building with the radio tower.

Or are you saying that you used that camp to leave, then aren't given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone?

davisp3
9th Mar 2013, 01:28
There's no way to leave that zone without finishing it other than using the base camp, which puts it on the map. The base camp for the base exterior zone is located in the building with the radio tower.

Or are you saying that you used that camp to leave, then aren't given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone?

I have the exact same problem. That is exactly what he is saying. We are not given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone because no camp shows up on the fast travel menu.

Any help would be much appreciated.

krimsonmedic
9th Mar 2013, 03:36
Can we move this to the technical discussion thread, this is a glitch. No one official has replied to my knowledge. Maybe we'll have a better chance if it's in that thread.

Quillan
9th Mar 2013, 15:30
I can't tell you for certain, because I didn't experience this (I finished the zone before returning, and at that time there was an option to fast travel to the base camp), but one glitch I have experienced occasionally is a sometime restriction on entering certain tight spaces.

A couple of tombs I've returned to after completing wouldn't let me reenter, at least at first. It would be like I hit an invisible wall and just slammed to a stop. However, a bit of sideways wiggling and a retreat + return let me go ahead in, so you might try that. Go back to the mountain base and try that maintenance crawlspace again. If it's physically blocked it won't work, but if it appears open it just might be glitching to not allow you to squeeze in.

Migelo
9th Mar 2013, 21:13

Hi!

Can you get an ETA when is the patch coming out?

Cheers

Vigo
10th Mar 2013, 18:16
same here! I don't want to start all over again :(

Can they fix those pipes or fix the broken fast travel?, please!

akaipolyan
10th Mar 2013, 18:26
It's been a long time now since the glitch was discovered. Have you heard much frol CD or Eidos?

Edarn
10th Mar 2013, 23:33
Same glitch, on Xbox360...

I did fast travel from a camp on Mountain base exterior but the game did not mark the camp... and now, I can't go back.

Did they even tested the game before its release...?

Edarn
10th Mar 2013, 23:37
Same problem here... Playing on Xbox360.

tibi888
11th Mar 2013, 02:37
just realized there is no problem with the game for me!
i realized this when i reached the same place in the game after i started over from 30% because i thought there is a bug. :D
(no problems i really like this game)

my original "problem" was:

i'm exactly the same situation on ps3!
but my last loadable checkpoint is
base exterior...i can reach the radio tower but can't climb up on the ladder

so i'm stuck

at this point mentioned above i already passed the radio tower...thats why i cant climb up.
after you left the radio tower Lara goes back to mountain village...
(doesn't realized that because im immediately fast-travelled back to the forest)
... later when i wanted to continue the story and opened fast travel, i searched for a base camp AFTER the whole base, and missed the base camp on the top of the village! i have missed the base camp where the story continues, just because i searched for a new place on the map.
lol

so that bug doesn't exist...for me at least.

Vensalir
11th Mar 2013, 16:28
Confirmed last patch solved the issue for me, thanks guys !

zirno
11th Mar 2013, 18:20
Confirmed last patch solved the issue for me, thanks guys !

Omg there was a patch?????? is it for ps3?!

SE_LaTanya
11th Mar 2013, 18:59
Unfortunately, as of now the latest patch is only for PC. Their is no current ETA on when a patch will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3.

zirno
11th Mar 2013, 19:03
Unfortunately, as of now the latest patch is only for PC. Their is no current ETA on when a patch will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3.

oh... ok, well atleast its being worked on <:3 (watches ps3 gather dust :,<)

shahenita
11th Mar 2013, 22:49
there is a CAMP inside the building complex !!
hope this help

pmchxu_Solution.png

SE_Param
11th Mar 2013, 23:14
Thanks for letting us know about this bug in the game, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues and we’re looking into it to find a solution. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Vigo
12th Mar 2013, 01:07
there is a CAMP inside the building complex !!
hope this help

pmchxu_Solution.png

Yes we are aware of the camp but that camp doesn't show the fast travel to the next camp :| so the only way to go is throw the pipes but you can't go because of the gas :mad2:

Thanks for letting us know about this bug in the game, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues and we’re looking into it to find a solution. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for listening us!

Migelo
12th Mar 2013, 19:31
I can also confirm it works on the PC. =)

Good luck to all my console friends!

ItsOK_immaNinja
12th Mar 2013, 22:40
Right now im stuck in Mountain Base, after I went through the steam pipes and outside to the Radio Tower, I went to the fire pit and fast traveled back to the Mount Base, but apparantly the fire pit I fast traveled from was not "Fast Travel Camp" it was just a "Day Camp" so when I saw i could fast travel out of there, I just assumed it was a fast travel camp, but now when I try and go back all paths are blocked, plus the steam pipes are too hot now and it burns Lara when I try and go through, and because the fire pit in Base Exterior, on the map, is a Day Camp icon, I cant teleport to it. Now i can't progress either, because my next mission is in that area.

I have tried everything, I went to each area and tried to teleport there from all of them, but it still says its a Day Camp. I have updated the game as well, and shot everything possible in the control room. I do not want to start over as I have collected everything in all areas except in the Mountain Village, because I need further equipment.. Please help me.

*Also note that I cannot just simply walk to the Base Exterior because the only way there is blocked by steam, which Lara flinches away from everytime I go near it, and I have only the one fire place unlocked for the Base Exterior area, and have not unlocked the second one.

SE_LaTanya
13th Mar 2013, 00:25
I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. We are aware of the issue and are working on finding a solution. Here is a thread where people are experiencing a similar issue

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134120&highlight=mountain+base

SE_LaTanya
13th Mar 2013, 00:32
Here is a thread where people have talked about sharing saved games

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134513&highlight=saved

ItsOK_immaNinja
13th Mar 2013, 01:10

This is the problem, the exact thing happened to me, and normally you can only fast travel from Base Camps right? Well as soon as you leave the Mountain Base via the steam passage, you come outside, and right down the hill is a fire pit, and normally the first fire pit is always a Base Camp, so after finding some documents, i got bored and wanted to go back to a different area, so I went back to the fire pit at the beginning of the Base Exterior area. And what people dont understand, is that this fire pit allows you to fast travel from it, even though its only Day Camp on the map. I didnt bother checking to see which kind of camp it was because.. Well why would I? I just assumed it was a Base Camp. So thats why its glitched, its because this Day Camp allows you to teleport from it, but not too.

Btw there is no answer for this glitch, currently it is game breaking, and I have already started over. I have updated the game too, which does not fix it either. For everyone who has encountered this.. It is a pain in butt, and will take time, but just start over, most likely the update that will fix this, wont come out soon, and you'd probably be further than this point by the time its fixed.

Relight-TRHQ
13th Mar 2013, 01:36
Hey everyone,

I just want to try and fully clarify this bug for newcomers to the thread, and anyone else interested :p

Once you exit the "Mountain Base" zone and enter the "Base Exterior" zone, you cannot go back by walking to the "Mountain Base" zone, since the pipe room is now closed off. The only way back is by fast travel.

Continuing forward, once you reach the radio tower area inside "Base Exterior" zone, you have the camp "Radio Tower Base Camp". From this camp, you can travel to any other camp.

It's now possible to leave the "Base Exterior" area without completing the radio tower segment, by means of the "Radio Tower Base Camp".

The bug that people are experiencing is one of two possibilities:

1) They have left the "Base Exterior" zone by using the "Radio Tower Base Camp", but once they want to come back to continue the story, they find that the "Radio Tower Base Camp" is not available on their fast travel menu, as it should be. And fast travel is the only way back, since you can no longer walk from "Mountain Base" zone into "Base Exterior" zone, due to the pipe room being closed.

2) They have left the "Base Exterior" zone by fast travelling from the "Bridge Overlook Day Camp" (the first camp in the "Base Exterior" zone, immediately after leaving the "Mountain Base" zone), and so they have never even triggered the "Radio Tower Base Camp" to be added to their fast travel menu. This should not be possible, because the "Bridge Overlook Day Camp" does not have a Fast Travel option, like all Day Camps.

BR4DDERS1986
13th Mar 2013, 01:47
You can use this save if you want, it's at the start of the Base Exterior.

TR Save - Base Exterior.rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/1016200564/TR%20Save%20-%20%20Base%20Exterior.rar) (PC Only)

Edarn
13th Mar 2013, 23:34
I couldn't wait... I started the game from begining.

tainanlctr
15th Mar 2013, 18:58
March 13 patch? So far received no correction.

We are 1 week without being able to play multiplayer on Steam, when this problem will be solved?

NoOneBetter
16th Mar 2013, 03:37
I've been monitoring this thread for a few days now, having the same "Base Exterior" glitch that is described above. Just a few minutes ago when I fired up the game, it had an update to download, so while it was doing it I browsed the web to see what the update was about, and I saw this:

Title Update #2:

Single Player
• Resolved a gating bug in “Base Exterior” where you are unable to return via fast travel back to the Radio Tower Basecamp

Download finished and updated.
Restarted the PS3, restarted the game, and...

...still nothing.

No fast camp in "Base Exterior" to get passed the radio tower.

Still have steam in the passageway out of the Map Room.

Still stuck with no way to progress down the mountain.

?

Vigo
16th Mar 2013, 04:25
No patch for this one :(

Jaro Alva
17th Mar 2013, 00:24
Hello all, I'm playing this game on the PS3, and encountered the now infamous 'steampipe' bug.

This is truly frustrating for you can simply not proceed. A 'game-breaker', as it is so aptly put.

Is there a possibility for a re-imbursement? I bought the game on-line via the PStation store. Does anybody know?

WilliamYZFR1
17th Mar 2013, 12:18
Having become a victim of this problem today I searched and ended up here.

So please add my name to the list (XBox 360).

I also only have the one save, I have completed the game and was merely tying up some loose ends. I Fast Travelled to the location jumped down from the camp and now cannot make my way back to the camp (or any other camp).

As I have 91% completion I won't be starting again so I hope any fix will allow me to pick up where I left off and allow me to return to the base camp (turn off steam?).

MeaganMarie
20th Mar 2013, 02:29
Hey all!

For those of you who downloaded TU#2, you should be good to go now.

If you’re one of those who were stuck due to this bug, here’s how to bypass it:
2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp

Please let me know if this solves the problem! Really sorry for the holdup.

cgrouleau
20th Mar 2013, 16:41
Thank you for fixing this. I have been stuck here for over a week!

Much obliged.

Jaro Alva
21st Mar 2013, 13:37
Hey all!

For those of you who downloaded TU#2, you should be good to go now.

If you’re one of those who were stuck due to this bug, here’s how to bypass it:
2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp

Please let me know if this solves the problem! Really sorry for the holdup.

Hello,
firstly: what is 'TU#2'?
Secondly, the bypass (the three steps you described) don't work. The Radio tower Base camp never appears.

When will it be possible for a PS3 user to have this patched?

Tecstar70
21st Mar 2013, 14:16
Hello,
firstly: what is 'TU#2'?
Secondly, the bypass (the three steps you described) don't work. The Radio tower Base camp never appears.

When will it be possible for a PS3 user to have this patched?

Title Update 2 is for all consoles and should pop up when you run the game.

7tool7
22nd Mar 2013, 02:55
This did not fix the issue for me. I have not been asked to update since Monday and I have followed your instructions to no avail. This is frustrating.

7tool7
23rd Mar 2013, 18:10
Can someone help with this. I do not want to start this game over and I haven't been able to play since that day of purchase. The bug fix directions are not working.

prophfitt
25th Mar 2013, 03:20
I'm having the exact same problem on my Xbox, btw I don't play the Xbox that much so I don't have a Live account, is there any way to apply a patch for this game without Live?

Driber
25th Mar 2013, 07:05
This did not fix the issue for me. I have not been asked to update since Monday and I have followed your instructions to no avail. This is frustrating.

Can someone help with this. I do not want to start this game over and I haven't been able to play since that day of purchase. The bug fix directions are not working.

What is your latest patch/TU version number?

I'm having the exact same problem on my Xbox, btw I don't play the Xbox that much so I don't have a Live account, is there any way to apply a patch for this game without Live?

Did you follow the work-around in the OP?

I don't know if you get TUs without having a Live account. Seems strange that you wouldn't; it's not necessary on PS3 at all. Anyone can confirm?

saskija
25th Mar 2013, 14:24

Why do I suddenly have the impression you're playing a copy of TR on a hacked Xbox 360? If you're a legit buyer you'd know you can get free game patches with a Xbox Live Silver account.

Tecstar70
25th Mar 2013, 14:27

I don't think you need a Live Account, but you do need to be connected to the internet.

prophfitt
25th Mar 2013, 17:37
Why do I suddenly have the impression you're playing a copy of TR on a hacked Xbox 360? If you're a legit buyer you'd know you can get free game patches with a Xbox Live Silver account.

I do not have a hacked 360, I thought you had to pay for live; like I said I barely ever play my Xbox.

prophfitt
25th Mar 2013, 17:42

What is your latest patch/TU version number?

Did you follow the work-around in the OP?

I don't know if you get TUs without having a Live account. Seems strange that you wouldn't; it's not necessary on PS3 at all. Anyone can confirm?

I'll just start the game over, I contacted square-enix and I'm tired of waiting for a response.

SE_LaTanya
25th Mar 2013, 18:03
@prophfitt, it should be version 1.0.2 (something along those lines) as this is the second update and to prevent this issue from occurring again, double check that you have the most up-dated version before starting your new game.

prophfitt
25th Mar 2013, 18:17
@prophfitt, it should be version 1.0.2 (something along those lines) as this is the second update and to prevent this issue from occurring again, double check that you have the most up-dated version before starting your new game.

Can you direct me to a link where the patch is found? I have an Xbox 360.

Jaro Alva
26th Mar 2013, 13:13
Just a small update: there still doesn't seem to be a fix for this problem. I tried exhaustively to fasttravel back and forth between base camps, but without any succes.

I guess I'll have to start over. This has overall been a very negative experience for me, I'm sorry to say. :(

What options do I have to do a non-automatic update of the software on a PS3 platform?

Tecstar70
26th Mar 2013, 13:59

Provided you are connected to the internet when you start the game you should be prompted to install the update automatically.

Driber
26th Mar 2013, 16:40

There is no "link"; you just start your game while being connected to the internet and it'll prompt you to install the latest TU if you're running an old version.

Just a small update: there still doesn't seem to be a fix for this problem. I tried exhaustively to fasttravel back and forth between base camps, but without any succes.

I guess I'll have to start over. This has overall been a very negative experience for me, I'm sorry to say. :(

What options do I have to do a non-automatic update of the software on a PS3 platform?

You just start your game while being connected to the internet and it'll prompt you to install the latest TU if you're running an old version.

There is no other way AFAIK.

Jaro Alva
26th Mar 2013, 19:19
So basically, I have version 1.01 of the Tomb Raider software. As far as I understand, the 'fasttravel solution' can only be done when you have version 1.02.

I do not know of a way to manually make it update. And I don't understand why it hasn't automatically updated... With my connection, everything is fine. And there already happened a TU a couple of weeks ago.
Is this a PS3 related problem?

What to do?!

Argh.

SE_LaTanya
26th Mar 2013, 20:54
@Jaro Alva, are you connected online? If so try deleting your game utility data and reinstalling the game to see if that will automatically update to the most recent version

Jaro Alva
27th Mar 2013, 15:10
@Jaro Alva, are you connected online? If so try deleting your game utility data and reinstalling the game to see if that will automatically update to the most recent version

And then I could proceed from my last saved game?

I'll give it a try.

SE_LaTanya
27th Mar 2013, 16:14
And then I could proceed from my last saved game?

I'll give it a try.

You should be able to just follow Meagan instructions.

Weyland Yutani
31st Mar 2013, 12:45
I dont understand this bug, does it mean that the game doesnt stay saved if you are playing at this point of the game and turn off to go sleep ?

Because last night after many sad moments with still the tesselation glitch i had magicaly no issues for 10 hours. I played shortly after the radio tower and turn off my pc to go sleep and now is see that my game doesnt stay saved and started from the first camp with only 4% progress.

Is this the steam pipe progression bug ? because i played at the base and the radio tower and there where steam pipes. But i dont used the quick travel function only played to that point and quit the game.

EDIT: Nope forget it its totaly different

Jaro Alva
1st Apr 2013, 15:17
Update: I re-installed the game, and sure enough , the only Title Update that happened was the update to version 1.01. I do not know of a way to maually update.

Is this commom for PS3 users? Or is it only me?

I'll start over. *sigh*

Harmonium
5th Apr 2014, 13:57
Hi,

I fast travelled backwards to Mountain base to get all the collectibles and now I'm stucked. I play on PS4. I can't get through the steam pipe and I don't have fire camp to fast travel.

What can I do ?

Thanks !

FG

Harmonium
5th Apr 2014, 14:20
It is not fixed in PS4. Will it be fixed soon ? I'm stucked and don't know what to do .