PDA

View Full Version : Can I re-download the game?

member_10244720
14th Aug 2012, 17:55
I was checking out the FAQ after i bought the game because i was bored, link down below, when i came across a question that said:

"I want to re-download my purchase, but the Download button is gone.
There are a couple reasons why you wouldn't see a button (where there previously was one) to download your purchase. If the order is older than 30 days , then the download period has expired.
More questions? Back to Main Help Page"

This kind of angers me.. If it turns out to be true I will have a hard time ever trusting this company again.. Can a representative confirm this wont happen?

https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayDownloadInformationPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE#q14

member_10530765
14th Aug 2012, 18:30
Yes, hense why you need to make a back up of your download. I would recommend going to box.com and getting their free 50 gig's of storage.

member_10244720
14th Aug 2012, 19:04
Yes, hense why you need to make a back up of your download. I would recommend going to box.com and getting their free 50 gig's of storage.

good idea!

marslava
14th Aug 2012, 19:05
I wanted to piggy-back on this and ask a question I'm curious about.

Is this 30 days for the small 364kb Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager.exe or the much larger file and double .bin that come after?

MoonUNit
14th Aug 2012, 19:34
I am not 100% sure, but as it is being downloaded thru Digital River, I believe the download button just dissapears after 30 days.

Make a backup of your install files to a USB stick or online backup service.

Gungnir
14th Aug 2012, 20:00

Its actually 5G free or 50G for $20/month. Unless you are just advertising for them.... I'm watching you.

And if you are going free, each File has to be less than 100Mb. Please understand that a few files are over 100Mbs, So Box.com is a nogo if you want to back up FF7 on it.

member_10530765
14th Aug 2012, 20:04
not advertising, just posting what I got a few weeks back... I didn't see the upload limit though.

infectedmite
14th Aug 2012, 21:12
This is ridiculous and unacceptable. Steam doesn't have any limits on when I download a game I have purchased. Why should SE's online store? Lesson learned, I won't purchase any other game off of here. That's for sure.

Worse comes to worse I will pirate it and get an even better copy without all the stupid DRM. Because this version will be cracked. It's just a matter of time. This is 2012 SE. Stop punishing the people paying for and supporting your games. I am only buying FF7 out of love and to show support. Other than that there are zero reasons to purchase it because your actually punishing me for buying it.

Skittles
14th Aug 2012, 21:56
This is ridiculous and unacceptable. Steam doesn't have any limits on when I download a game I have purchased. Why should SE's online store? Lesson learned, I won't purchase any other game off of here. That's for sure.

Worse comes to worse I will pirate it and get an even better copy without all the stupid DRM. Because this version will be cracked. It's just a matter of time. This is 2012 SE. Stop punishing the people paying for and supporting your games. I am only buying FF7 out of love and to show support. Other than that there are zero reasons to purchase it because your actually punishing me for buying it.

Well if the main problem is that you cant have multiple editons, then just purcahse it and use your 3 codes, then go and pirate it since you have purchased it and you deserve to have more than 3 copies.

FugitiveGunslinger
14th Aug 2012, 22:16
Can you seriously not download the game after 30 days? I was planning on downloading it today but now I am hesitant. I will be getting a new PC later this year, and if I cannot download this game to it a couple of months from now then I see no reason in spending the money at this present moment. Square Enix needs to rethink this policy, it is absurd.

infectedmite
14th Aug 2012, 22:25
I am buying my copy at midnight. My girlfriend already bought her copy and it appears she was only given one code. So I am not sure what your saying about the 3 codes. Care to elaborate? :)

My problem is if my hard drive fails or anything bad happens with my PC after 30 days of my purchase. I've lost the game permanently. GameStop's old online store did the same with The Sims 3 over the course of a few years after my girlfriend used up her six downloads. Now I simply refuse to buy games from GameStop's online store.

This means anyone who buys FFVII from SE gets the shaft after 30 days if they do not make back ups of the game. That isn't very hard to do but then again I've never had to make a back up of a game I bought off of Steam. It's just surprising Square Enix is not ready for the online digital market. Aside from being a game developer they are a huge publisher for many different games. FFVII will be my one and only purchase from their store. I am really only concerned for other players who might not be aware of this limit. I have no issues pirating a copy of a game I have purchased. They got my money. I'll get my game. That's fair if I do say so myself. It probably does break some kind of agreement or some nonsense lawyers came up with but I am old fashioned and logical.

Just to be clear I am not promoting piracy of the game. SE is already doing that itself with all the issues a consumer must deal with to own a legit copy of the game. I am just saying I will resort to that to get a working copy of a game I have already purchased from an authorized seller. People should pay for their games to help support the developers and their companies. Just in the case with video games. Sometimes the developers get a little stupid and end up hurting the customer buying the game. Not the people trying to steal the game. When this happens I just buy the game and find a cracked version. I honestly wonder how long it will take the industry before they realize DRM isn't solving anything. People who want to steal games will find a way and people who want to buy games will continue to buy them.

MoonUNit
14th Aug 2012, 23:02
You only get 1 serial key, and from what others have said in this thread, it can be activated on 3 different machines.

DRM sucks, and I am really wondering why they even bothered on a game this old.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 23:04
You only get 1 serial key, and from what others have said in this thread, it can be activated on 3 different machines.

DRM sucks, and I am really wondering why they even bothered on a game this old.

Dont worry, someone will make a crack for that. Prolly, at least to where it skips the validation and just lets you log in...I hope at least ._.;

Nadaya-264321
15th Aug 2012, 06:26
would be nice if there will be a official response to this!

caus i asked the support and they told me this:

so either the support guy has no clue or the point in the FAQ is just wrong

edit: i asked the support AGAIN and he told me: SEE Agent Michael: That is a north american FAQ and as far as we are aware the restriction will not be the same.

so north america has the restriction and europe wont? lol....

jerryabcman
15th Aug 2012, 23:04
According to the download FAQ posted here:

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayDownloadInformationPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE#q5)

the download period for Final Fantasy 7 on PC expires in 30 days. If so, why does this clasuse esxist and why did SquareEnix decide to go against common e-store (Steam and GOG.com) policy that allows for permainent re-downloads? Plese fix ether this typo or company policy. I usually have to replace my OS on compulter usually once per year, and I dont want to worry about finding FF7 after I wipe drive. Please fix this as soon as possible.

the_randomizer
15th Aug 2012, 23:18
I don't agree with that policy either, but soon, someone will "fix" that sooner or later.

onichikun
15th Aug 2012, 23:35
Yeah this seems kind of an odd policy... just have a permanent download link in the games page when you register a game... there is no reason to restrict our downloads.... just... retarded.

Also, get your internet-required DRM out of my game, so I can play it without and internet connection.

the_randomizer
15th Aug 2012, 23:46
Yeah this seems kind of an odd policy... just have a permanent download link in the games page when you register a game... there is no reason to restrict our downloads.... just... retarded.

Also, get your internet-required DRM out of my game, so I can play it without and internet connection.

Again, this will be decypted soon enough.

onichikun
15th Aug 2012, 23:47
I could probably do it myself. The point isnt that it won't be, its that they made it this way.

I shouldnt have to crack my game to get an expected functionallity out of it due to DRM madness.

the_randomizer
16th Aug 2012, 00:56
I could probably do it myself. The point isnt that it won't be, its that they made it this way.

I shouldnt have to crack my game to get an expected functionallity out of it due to DRM madness.

No, you shouldn't have to, but it's restrictions like this that make it all the more tempting.

Emunator-266773
16th Aug 2012, 11:05
A 30 day download limit is going to be so much fun next month, people doing a clean install of windows 8 when it comes out.

People do re-install pc's so it would be nice if we got a clear warning about this.

stephens0565-291921
18th Aug 2012, 10:18
Does anyone know where to go to download the game in the event you have to format or get a new hard drive? Also I know that you can register your games on your account and Ive done so, but FF7 only appears about half the time as a registered game. Ive had nothing but problems and headaches dealing with this website and their inability to make their North American site different from their EU site too.

Square, maybe you need to be a bit more concerned about your customers experiences. Also make your website a bit more user friendly instead of spamming my screen with this Sleeping Dogs crap.

member_10441460
18th Aug 2012, 10:22
I'd like to know where this is as well. I know you can only download it up to 3 times but I just bought it yesterday on my cousin's pc just to try it out and was only able to download it once, when I go back to the game website it wants me to buy it again? I know there was a faq somewhere that told you how to redownload it (something about the download button disappearing after 30 days or some garbage) and I can't find it anywhere.

GR33N3LIT3
18th Aug 2012, 10:58
I'm having the same problem, I want to download it onto my desktop in case my laptop craps out anytime soon as I downloaded it onto my laptop last night, but can't find out how to redownload it...

THE_CUTSMAN
18th Aug 2012, 11:12
What is the point of cloud saves if you cant have the game in multiple locations?

PitMaster
18th Aug 2012, 12:19
Donwload button simply doesn't appear!!

I just bought the game and THERE'S NO DOWNLOAD BUTTON AT ALL!!

GeR363
18th Aug 2012, 13:24
Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 days and I haven't get my download... this is unrespectful... sorry for your company, sorry for your decisions, sorry for your future. F you!

MrSephiroth-153615
18th Aug 2012, 14:54
i could send you guys the installer. but yeah game wont accept my key anyways, neither of em i own 2.

GeR363
18th Aug 2012, 16:51
i could send you guys the installer. but yeah game wont accept my key anyways, neither of em i own 2.

Thank you MrSephiroth please send me the installer, I'll try to download and use my key... hoping it works

lloydzhang
19th Aug 2012, 05:30
What is the point of cloud saves if you cant have the game in multiple locations?

Supposedly you should purchase two individual copies for your desktop and laptop, and then you can enjoy cloud save...

MrSephiroth-153615
19th Aug 2012, 06:04
German, try this link http://d.trymedia.com/d/squarex/sec_ff7/lt_sx_it/8504558219d5884891de3d8b0eb5c87a/FINALFANTASYVII.exe

the_randomizer
19th Aug 2012, 17:01
I know this sounds very noobish, but how do you redownload FFVII, especially if you want to install it on another machine?

SilentFox117
19th Aug 2012, 17:12
Here's a link to look up your order you might have a chance to get your serial code this way.

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE)

I was able to find my serial code but i believe i used google for a while before i was able to somehow pop up my order details with the code ill keep trying to figure out how i did it but this is your best shot for now besides asking customer service.

NoMoreHero
21st Aug 2012, 19:41
Hi there,

I recently had to format my HDD and lost everything. I am having a hardtime redownloading FF7 for the PC, how do I go about doing this?

Any and all help is loved!

NMH

EDIT: found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamuinoir-286098
24th Aug 2012, 01:11
can you say where i am having the same problem

Kalioc-322342
26th Aug 2012, 20:17
Computer problems, game was deleted, can't find a way to install it now. Checked my emails, and other threads but can't find a way to do this.
Help would be much appreciated, don't wanna figure out I wasted $10 (which is hella lot for my poor ass lol).

Kalioc-322342
26th Aug 2012, 20:28
bump
genius method happened
run.exe
swag.

crono1973
26th Aug 2012, 20:40
So you just need the installer program again? That's only 365k, you should see if anyone has put it up. It's called Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager

I just Googled it, you should too. You do have your activation key right?

davidkorolnek
31st Aug 2012, 02:29
I formatted my computer and lost the game. I still have the serial code but where do I download?

matthew_weis
7th Sep 2012, 14:35
Where is this fix? I'm having the same issue re-downloading. Help!

XxTriqqer
14th Sep 2012, 07:42
Sorry if this was already asked, but I want to put the game on another computer, and I put the files onto it, but I dunno how to redownload it.. Plus I dont have the serial anymore... >__<

Fulldevil
29th Sep 2012, 19:00
Hi
I bought final 7 remake, downloaded it , played it and i am very happy. Now i want to re download it and instal it on my laptop so i can play wherever i want. How the hell can i re download the install file ? Beel looking all around the damn website and nothing leads me to the download link WTF !?
Ty :)

crono1973-351830
30th Sep 2012, 15:16
Did you delete the install file? If not then you should be able to just copy the install file to the laptop.

genesiscrimsonheart-358022
2nd Oct 2012, 14:25
See what I did was, I got a flash drive, (bigger than 3g) then I copied the whole Final Fantasy 7 folder to the flash drive and then I put it on the other computer and it installed it when I opend the Final Fantasy 7 final. When it says I can't creat a 3d image, how do I fix that?

bytheb100d
26th Oct 2012, 02:09
I was super stoked to see that my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy 7, was being re-released. As soon as I could, I bought it and downloaded it with no problem. The problem is now, a couple of months later, the douchebags at digital river said that my order was more than 30 days old, so I can't re-download it. WTF?!?!?! I paid $10 for a game I beat 15 years ago, and these ****uckers won't let me download it again? It's not like the files aren't sitting on the exact same place on their server. All they have to do is shoot me the final fantasy 7 downloader and I would be good. I sent them an e-mail stating my displeasure in regards to this incident. DR and SE can both suck it!

TurboKat
26th Oct 2012, 09:17
I was super stoked to see that my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy 7, was being re-released. As soon as I could, I bought it and downloaded it with no problem. The problem is now, a couple of months later, the douchebags at digital river said that my order was more than 30 days old, so I can't re-download it. WTF?!?!?! I paid $10 for a game I beat 15 years ago, and these ****uckers won't let me download it again? It's not like the files aren't sitting on the exact same place on their server. All they have to do is shoot me the final fantasy 7 downloader and I would be good. I sent them an e-mail stating my displeasure in regards to this incident. DR and SE can both suck it!

Same thing! I got a new computer and they are keeping me from downloading MY game to MY computer? How the hell is this legal? Guess it's time to copy files from my old computer and pray that they don't hit me with some random ToS agreement legal clause and sue the **** out of me. Oh and BTW, I bought a copy of this game many years ago and beat it and was so happy to get it again... only to find that they haven't done anything to make it better, have added a crapload of DRM to alienate core fans, and now this... Nice Job EA.... I mean Squenix... well... same thing now.

Popcicle
26th Oct 2012, 12:53
This shouldn't be the case, we'll look into it.

Freyar
26th Oct 2012, 19:18
According to Square-Enix's FAQ, all orders are indeed limited to a 30-day download window.<a href="https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayDownloadInformationPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE#q14" title="https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayDownloadInformationPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE#q14" target="_blank">
store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti...</a>

I want to re-download my purchase, but the Download button is gone.

There are a couple reasons why you wouldn't see a button (where there previously was one) to download your purchase. If the order is older than 30 days , then the download period has expired.

It's simply an archaic limitation implemented by Digital River years ago meant primarily for business customers. Even then, this policy is what stifled digital distribution for nearly a decade as it was trying to push into competition with retail distribution. Steam managed to break that mold by simply offering your game as long as you had a legitimate license for it, and look where they are now.

In short, Digital River's bad. Steam is good. This is SoP for Digital River. I'm also concerned about the likelihood of Digital River limiting how many installations I can have on my own systems over time. I've had a few games bought through them, published by Atari, and the end result was that Digital River said "You'll have to buy another license." Fat chance.

Be prepared for more frustrations in the future with Digital River.

Paronk
29th Oct 2012, 03:44
Hi i Just bought Final Fantasy 7, my Computer crashed as i was downloading it.... now i have no idea how to redownload my game.

Can someone pls help me!

SE-Chris
29th Oct 2012, 17:27
In order to re-acquire the game you can head over to www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com) and log in. It will ask you for either the order number you received via email and your password, or the email address linked to the purchase and the last 5 digits of the card which was used. Once logged in you should see a download link to get the game once again. When logging into the game make sure to click the Square Enix North America option so that you can log in with the same username and password you created.

Burj1981-284132
30th Oct 2012, 20:38
Once you have paid for & installed Final Fantasy 7 from the Square store & then uninstalled it how & where is the option to redownload it again can someone tell me please ?

Skizzocho
30th Oct 2012, 22:01
yeah I just bought it and I didn't get a download link or anything

Skizzocho
30th Oct 2012, 22:07
just got my download if you still have your confirmation email you should be able to download it again from the digital river website

ShinrinCole
30th Oct 2012, 23:05
then you gotta rebuy the game to download it again....

what's up with this?

Jearycho
31st Oct 2012, 00:29
Yeah, square enix should totally load it onto 'STEAM'. Then you buy it, you own it. Not rent and forget to take it back lol. Get with the program guys ^^

Ciaos

gfunk23
31st Oct 2012, 03:55
hmm doesnt say that u have only 30 day access on the description i dont thnk. i am in the middle of my DL when i saw this post

Burj1981
31st Oct 2012, 05:23
So what If I do not have the email anymore ?

Who do I contact? I am from the United Kingdom so I have the EU version

What information will they need to verify me ?

need some details please much apreciated

Burj1981
31st Oct 2012, 05:25
If I do not have the email anymore how do I go about this can you supply any details please ?

Popcicle
31st Oct 2012, 12:27
You can put your order number in the www.findmyorder.com website to reach the download link.

Grimoire
1st Nov 2012, 10:29
[I can't download Final Fantasy 30 days after buying it? WTF?!]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29458897/I_cant_download_Final_Fantasy_30_days_after_buying_it_WTF!)

member_10606561
3rd Nov 2012, 23:08
Digital River will not let me download my file since the order was originally placed 30 days ago. I have a new computer. So, how do I go about playing the game that I already paid for?

DRMSchemer
4th Nov 2012, 04:56
Steam is a good platform, but it also has it's own DRM which i cannot stand for. I had 3 activations in my game and it seems i run out activations, since i had to format my hdd few times and now i upgraded to Windows 8. So now i have a useless copy of the game on my harddrive which doesn't work and all thanks belongs to the horrible SecuROM DRM.

Dear Square, if you can re-release Tomb Raider games and Legacy of Kain games DRM-Free on GOG, then why the hell can't you re-release FF 7 on GOG? Or can you give a DRM-Free copy of the game to all of those who bought the game from your broken store.

I have never been insulted like this before.

Andonaegui
6th Nov 2012, 09:26
I had to install windows again and try to download the game and got this message:

"Sorry,

It is too late to download this file. You were allowed to download within 30 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com." (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.\)

Then I lost the game?

Andonaegui
6th Nov 2012, 12:52
They replied my mail:

"Dear Rodrigo,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We do understand that you wish to redownload your FINAL FANTASY VII. We
apologize for the inconvenience.

All download products purchased through the Square Enix online store
have a period of 30 days from the date of purchase in which a download
can be completed. This time period is able to be expanded to a maximum
of 2 years with the purchase of the Extended Download Service.

As a ccourtesy, we have extended the download availability to allow
additional attempts. Please download the product until 11/11/12 7:10:09
PM CST.\"

SnowyRed-390024
16th Nov 2012, 05:02
Please give us the ability to do this.

It's not like we didnt pay money for the game.

RockTheFuckOut-520398
16th Nov 2012, 18:51
I found the fix as long as you have the original order confirmation email. Click the link to "www.findmyorder.com", verify your info, and then you will be shown a page with the download link and the serial number.

Hope this helps!

RockTheFuckOut-520398
16th Nov 2012, 18:52
I found the fix as long as you have the original order confirmation email. Click the link to "www.findmyorder.com", verify your info, and then you will be shown a page with the download link and the serial number.

Hope this helps!

SE-Chris
16th Nov 2012, 19:56
You will be able to get more information about your order from Digital River's website (https://www.findmyorder.com) or by contacting them (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs). We appreciate the continued feedback in regards to this issue. I can assure you that we are indeed investigating it (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29458897/I_cant_download_Final_Fantasy_30_days_after_buying_it_WTF!&post_num=3#525495193) presently.

Freyar
26th Nov 2012, 07:51
You will be able to get more information about your order from Digital River's website (https://www.findmyorder.com) or by contacting them (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs). We appreciate the continued feedback in regards to this issue. I can assure you that we are indeed investigating it (/go/thread/view/139347/29458897/I_cant_download_Final_Fantasy_30_days_after_buying_it_WTF!&post_num=3#525495193) presently.

This was brought up back in early October, and your FAQ even states that after 30 days customers are SOL. Sorry, but Square Enix is operating under 1999 era rules here which is just not acceptable. Square Enix already publishes on Steam, there's no reason why it can't be on there which would mean that people could download their game 30 days after.

Freyar
26th Nov 2012, 07:55
So in short, you're at their mercy, which is really a bunch of balogna. Like others are finding out, 30 days maximum to download the content which is completely bass-ackwards for 2012.

No, Square-Enix isn't "investigating" the issue, this is how it's supposed to be even according to their documentation.

Steam is a good platform, but it also has it's own DRM which i cannot stand for. I had 3 activations in my game and it seems i run out activations, since i had to format my hdd few times and now i upgraded to Windows 8. So now i have a useless copy of the game on my harddrive which doesn't work and all thanks belongs to the horrible SecuROM DRM.

Dear Square, if you can re-release Tomb Raider games and Legacy of Kain games DRM-Free on GOG, then why the hell can't you re-release FF 7 on GOG? Or can you give a DRM-Free copy of the game to all of those who bought the game from your broken store.

Steam has it's own DRM but it's nowhere near as restrictive as Digital River, and even then allows you to download your title as long as you own it. (I own a few games that can't be sold on there anymore, yet I can still play them.)

The combination of SecuROM and Digital River is what is barring customers from playing. It's as if Square-Enix just started doing online sales.

ricklowdis
29th Nov 2012, 17:09

And? you're looking into it and?

It would of been nice to know I only had 30 days at the time of purchase

its been a month whats the problem? can I re-download the game or not? are you going to give refunds or downloads?

Grimoire
30th Nov 2012, 07:57
Technical issues with [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

indyjamesb
5th Dec 2012, 10:25
If I keep a copy of the Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager.exe file saved on my google drive or dropbox account will I be ok to install this game after 30 days since I still have my serial or does that expire after 30 days?

boldpaste3
6th Dec 2012, 14:12
Talk about the worst buisness model I have ever seen!

Note to self: Make over 100 backups just in case and i might upload the installer [keyless of course meaning you need to put your own key in] so nobody has to put up with this stupid model.

drocksizzle
11th Dec 2012, 16:43
Yep... Just noticed the same thing for me. Wow.. I have never been so screwed over before. I am a huge fan of Square Enix, but this experience has made me lose a lot of faith in them. I seriously can't redownload a game I paid for? I have never, ever, had this problem with anyone before. I feel truly scammed. Kinda makes me want to side with pirates out there. If companies are going to do this to me, then something needs to be done to them. Sad day.

termmat
11th Dec 2012, 18:55
hi i have bought ff7 for the pc a while ago and i accidently deleted it when cleaning my hard drive
i wan to re install the game again but i can't find the download button any were.
i go to registered games and it only give to the option to buy now although i allready own the game
im clueless of what to do.

Cototheburn
11th Dec 2012, 19:19
Would like the same thing too, I brought the game, I have stats on my proflie that I have achievements, have save files, and I cant redownload it after formating my harddrive

Grimoire
15th Dec 2012, 03:06
Technical issues with [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

videorob
15th Dec 2012, 23:46
Same thing. Had to reinstall windows, This is really not the kind of service I expect from a digital distributor. What do we do? Are our product keys even still valid? If so, can we install some other way?

ZenGraffix
18th Dec 2012, 13:19
I get this message,

Sorry,

It is too late to download this file. You were allowed to download within 30 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com).

Arrgghh

member_10633721
19th Dec 2012, 13:20
good question, I join it and add a detail: Why Digital River or SE are not responsible for a user to pay for software that can not make use of this just for within 30 days from the purchase?

Should look next door and see what Valve has done with Steam, at least have the assurance that what you bought through this platform will always be available for you to download. Also if you give them the links to make the file download.

member_10594468
20th Dec 2012, 04:34

Not to be confused, but Steam DRM is not SecuROM. Steam has it's own DRM, and companies can either just allow this or add their own to it. Some add SecuROM on top of Steam's DRM.

TheMole86
21st Dec 2012, 02:52
You can't download the game again after your 30 days are up. I just tried. :(

samphal
28th Dec 2012, 13:17
Any update son this??

I am in the same situation.. formatted my PC and cannot download the game.

Cloudlol
2nd Jan 2013, 14:10
I followed all the steps and it STILL doesnt work when i tried 3 times (hope i dont get charged 3 times) :(

Cloudlol
2nd Jan 2013, 14:10
I followed all the steps and it STILL doesnt work when i tried 3 times (hope i dont get charged 3 times) :(

Windridge
3rd Jan 2013, 09:46
i bought FF7 a few months back, then 2 or so weeks ago i bought a new computer. now i want to re-download the game but i dont see any way on the site

Montavious
3rd Jan 2013, 12:48
I need to download it again too. Any word on whats going on? If this is how they do business Ill never deal with them again.

member_10244674
9th Jan 2013, 22:49
Same thing here. Is Square-Enix going to address this issue!?!!! This is why people pirate games Square-Enix!! Because when legitimate people like me buy your games, you don't support us. Thirty days?! Are you kidding me.

jlajeunesse
10th Jan 2013, 23:52
I wonder if this is legal.... Like if I bought a car but didn't drive it for 30 days, would the dealership be able to drive away with my car?

Crough
13th Jan 2013, 12:51
Same issue, only mine is after a re-install on the same machine. Can we get a technician in here? Bump this for awareness. It's very bad that torrenting it more convenient than those of us who purchase. This business model is not sustainable.

Grimoire
13th Jan 2013, 13:14
I personally don't know about the NA version of the game, but this is what you were supposed to do with your copy of the EU one:

5. If you ever need to re-install the game on your computer or to install it on additional computers, simply make a copy of the game and install it as per steps 1 and 2 above. When you start the game, click the link that says "Already paid? Click here." and enter your e-mail address and activation code.

Crough
13th Jan 2013, 13:47
I found out how to re-download the game. It's a hoop to jump through but, in all honesty it's not all that hard and only took me a couple minutes to find out.

www.findmyorder.com/store/findmyor/en_US... (http://www.findmyorder.com/store/findmyor/en_US/DisplayCustomerServiceHelpAnswersPage/faqLink.c1#c1)

Go to that link, go to the section to do with re-downloading (it should be at the very top of the page the way I linked it), and follow the instructions. Mine is installing on my new machine as we speak, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Cheers.

Grimoire
13th Jan 2013, 14:18
Maybe this will help:

I found out how to re-download the game. It's a hoop to jump through but, in all honesty it's not all that hard and only took me a couple minutes to find out.

www.findmyorder.com/store/findmyor/en_US... (http://www.findmyorder.com/store/findmyor/en_US/DisplayCustomerServiceHelpAnswersPage/faqLink.c1#c1)

Go to that link, go to the section to do with re-downloading (it should be at the very top of the page the way I linked it), and follow the instructions. Mine is installing on my new machine as we speak, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Cheers.

AxeluteZero
14th Jan 2013, 09:56
So I get this lovely message:

"Sorry,

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com." (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.\)

I paid for the software and now you're telling me I only get 30 days to download it? Sorry I switched computers and want to re-download without the hassle of going through Customer Support.

Anybody else have this issue?

Grimoire
14th Jan 2013, 10:12
This is a common issue. You will have to contact [Digital River Customer Service].

nickerj1
15th Jan 2013, 10:50
I wonder if this is legal.... Like if I bought a car but didn't drive it for 30 days, would the dealership be able to drive away with my car?

It would be fine if they informed you of everything prior to the purchase.

However, Square Enix: i) failed to reasonably inform customers of the existence of DRM protection prior to or at the time of purcase; ii) failed to reasonably inform customers of what the DRM measures were prior to or at the time of purchase; and iii) failed to reasonably inform the customers that the service would require interaction with a 3rd party prior to or at the time of purchase.

Yeah, you're getting a lawsuit.

Mugiwara_Kaizoku-410259
15th Jan 2013, 13:43
i think this is bull****. kind of defeats the purpose of cloud saving, doesnt it? i agree with everyone, i feel scammed and spit upon. this HAS to change. i spend good money on this game and was only able to play it for an hour. now that i got spare time i wanted to redownload it on my other computer and NOW I CANT, wtf!?

i even have the game registered on my account, its like spitting me right in the face.

and those bastards wonder why people download roms and stuff.

Freyar
15th Jan 2013, 21:31
Just wait until you guys hit activation limit issues.

Belly92
16th Jan 2013, 15:01
Hi, my name is Eliott and this is my first post. I searched but didnt find anything but forgive me if this has been answered.

about 2-3 months ago i purchased ff7 pc and I went through my email (findmyorder.com) and tried to re-download my precious purchase and the link has expired...

is there a way to re-send a link for download or do I litterally have to re-buy. this is frustrating as heck. thanks for all your help in advance.

Grimoire
16th Jan 2013, 15:18
[I can't download Final Fantasy 30 days after buying it? WTF?! (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29458897/I_cant_download_Final_Fantasy_30_days_after_buying_it_WTF!)]

Belly92
16th Jan 2013, 15:30
Sound like I'm SOL...
thanks for the post sorry i hadn't seen that post earlier

dantespara
21st Jan 2013, 09:57
This is amazing just formatted my HDD now im going around redownloading all my games and the one game I dont buy from steam I cant redownload. This is the reason people will never switch to digital distribution. I shouldnt be suprized, Square has been going disappointing me for awhile now whats one more time?

Popcicle
21st Jan 2013, 11:48

Cheers.

Did the rest of you check out the link above and try to redownload your game?

member_10197496
21st Jan 2013, 14:37

Cheers.

I have since checked out the ability to redownload the game, but also get the 30 day limitation and cannot redownload. I had lost all of my data from a hard drive failuer, and this game is the only one I cannot get redownloaded as well. I've emailed Digital river about it, as well tried the link above and still no luck. I believe at this point, this could be considered theft, as Square has my money I paid for the product. But I can't have my product from them.. Very VERY dissapointed in square now.

Freyar
23rd Jan 2013, 00:28
I have since checked out the ability to redownload the game, but also get the 30 day limitation and cannot redownload. I had lost all of my data from a hard drive failuer, and this game is the only one I cannot get redownloaded as well. I've emailed Digital river about it, as well tried the link above and still no luck. I believe at this point, this could be considered theft, as Square has my money I paid for the product. But I can't have my product from them.. Very VERY dissapointed in square now.

Despite the fact that I understand the sentiment, it's not theft. There was an agreement you made with Digital River and Square Enix that this is part of the limitations of your license. You have 30 days to download it and/or redownload it as well as (a previously undisclosed) limited number of activations before your license is essentially barred from being used to activate again (be it on the same machine you used before.)

KCrough
31st Jan 2013, 17:57
I know it's late, but I'm updating.

I had no problem downloading the game at all. I just checked the link and it still works. I don't know why all of you are having problems, but re-downloading is not an issue. I have confirmed many times on my machine by deleting and reinstalling. I have no 30 day limit. I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance, but the fix is the link I provided you. Please give screen shots of where you are having trouble and I can try to help you navigate through the process.

Zyphyer
2nd Feb 2013, 19:21
Just bought the game, decided I wanted to wipe my SSD and reinstall windows. Haven't even gotten to play, nothing works not that checkmyorder site. I would really like to play the game I PAID for,

Thanks.

Sefyre
3rd Feb 2013, 05:12
Just wanted to post a copy of my receipt to see if maybe that will shed any light on this issue.

Like @Kevin, I am still able to download and re-download my game even though I bought it during its promotional launch period in late August.

Interestingly, when I made my purchase, I was never given a 30 day download window notification and NOWHERE on my receipt or on my link page does it say/did it say that I have/had 30 days to download my game.

Could it be that the people who have the 30 day download period also paid for the game in a different manner?

I know that sometimes services like PayPal have specific time periods that purchases and whatevers must be completed in and that 'returns' and other issues can sometimes be a pain owing to how payments are processed (PayPal = third party, etc, rather than a 'direct' payment). I honestly don't remember if PayPal was offered for a payment option, but at this point, I'm just fishing for possibilities.

Anyways, a copy of my receipt with all personal information blotted out:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for ordering from Square-Enix, Inc. on August 25, 2012. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*Square Enix.com on your credit card billing statement.

Note: If your order contains download products, you can complete the download by looking up your order using the information and link below. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name. If your order contains physical products, you will receive a separate email notification when your products have shipped.

To look up your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Square-Enix, Inc. Customer Service
www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

insert billing info here

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY VII [PC DOWNLOAD]
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: XXXXX
Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Members Registration Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Register your game and earn Square Enix Members points! Login to your Square Enix Members account and register your game today!
na.square-enix.com/ (http://na.square-enix.com/145981219/game/registration)<wbr>XXXXXXXXXX/game/registration</wbr>

Subtotal: XXXX
Shipping: XXXX

Tax: XXXX
Total: XXXX
Discount: XXXX

If, after receiving this sort of email as my receipt and after following the link to my personal download page, I were to receive a message that told me that I was past my 30 day limit, I would be PISSED OFF because the proof is right here. At least for me, I was NEVER informed that I only had 30 days.

But that's me and my receipt and I'm not sure what everyone else's receipts look like.

Grimoire
3rd Feb 2013, 08:33
This is how my "Purchase confirmation and other important information", sent to me from no-reply@store.eu.square-enix.com (mailto:no-reply@store.eu.square-enix.com), looks.

Purchase confirmation

Dear customer,

Thank you for your purchase. You not only saved money by avoiding shipping and handling fees, but you have also eliminated unnecessary packaging by purchasing a downloadable product, contributing to environment-friendly shopping!

PLEASE KEEP THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Gametitle: FINAL FANTASY VII

Activationcode: XXXXXX-000-XXXXXX-000

E-Mail address: XXXX@XXXX.com (mailto:XXXX@XXXX.com)

<table style="font-size: 8pt; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;" height="25">

ACTIVATION/RE-ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<table style="font-size: 8pt; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>

1.If you have not yet downloaded the game to your computer, download it now from the link below. You will NOT be charged for this process. (If you have already downloaded the game to your computer from our website, skip to step 2.

<table style="font-size: 8pt;" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top">Download "FINAL FANTASY VII"</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

2. Click on the downloaded file and install it. [If the file ends in dm.exe, click OPEN. Otherwise, click SAVE and save it to a place you will remember later, such as your desktop.]

3. After the installation process is complete, start the game and click the link that says, "Already paid? Click here." on the first page you see. Enter your e-mail address and activation code on the following page. [This information can be found at the top of this e-mail]

4. A license to use your game has been issued to you so now it is time to enjoy it!

5. If you ever need to re-install the game on your computer or to install it on additional computers, simply make a copy of the game and install it as per steps 1 and 2 above. When you start the game, click the link that says "Already paid? Click here." and enter your e-mail address and activation code. If you have questions please contact our support team (https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/help/index.php).

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<table style="font-size: 8pt;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;" height="25">YOUR ORDER RECEIPT</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<table style="font-size: 8pt;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>This order will appear on your bank billing statement as: "Square Enix Limited".
<table style="font-size: 8pt;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td height="20">Purchased Product:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">FINAL FANTASY VII</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20">Net:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">8.33 EUR</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20">VAT 20.00%:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">1.66 EUR</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20">Sum:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">9.99 EUR</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20">Order #:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">SEE-STORE-0000</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20">Date:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">14.08.2012</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="20" valign="top">Billing Address:</td>
<td style="padding-left: 5px;">XXX</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="padding-top: 12px;" height="20">Payment Method:</td>
<td style="padding-top: 12px; padding-left: 5px;">Globalcollect - PayPal</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>

You have a 14 day cooling off period (please refer to the Terms of Use (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/documents/tnc) for more details) in which to cancel your contract with us. If you wish to cancel this order please contact our support team (https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/help/index.php).

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>© 2012 SQUARE ENIX LTD. All Rights Reserved SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Square Enix Limited, Registered in England No. 01804186 - Registered office: Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London SW19 3RU.</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

I believe I might have made a good choice when I decided to purchase my copy directly from the EU store instead of choosing the NA version.

member_10244674
3rd Feb 2013, 23:23

Cheers.

I tried using that link. When I try the "forgot my password", the email I get says "
PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER". Utterly worthless....</password_based_on_order>

The other option with email address and last 5 of the credit card brings up an order I placed with the same credit card for LOTRO, with no options to choose which order. It just goes straight to the last purchase made. Again worthless....

Please help us

Sefyre
4th Feb 2013, 12:39
Can anyone confirm being able to do an install off of an external drive?

My main machine is too old for me to be installing full games on and though I will be getting a new machine it also won't be for a while.

Can I save a copy of my game to an external to install later?

Wolfie1800
10th Feb 2013, 02:57
I just spent the last hour trying to figure this out and then emailing support for both enix and digitalriver. at this point i'm so enraged with all of this that i'd happily consider backending this and finding a download, IF my activation codes worked, which i doubt they do.

PS: square enix...listing in my account that i own the game, have registered the game, then asking me to buy it when i click on it? how hard do you need to slap someone in the face before its assult?

NerdgasmTV-313089
11th Feb 2013, 17:51
I cannot Believe this ****.. I'm so pissed. My computer craped out on me and now I'd have to Pay again? this is a slap in the face. I'm never going to support this company again.

siodamactiir-342562
16th Feb 2013, 16:05
so I bought my copy last year, and just got a new laptop, so I want to download it to what I have now. I can't find a way to do so without re purchasing it. is there a way to get it without paying for it again?

Grimoire
16th Feb 2013, 17:43
This issue belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

member_10085626
23rd Feb 2013, 13:12
this is bull*****. they need to make it were we can download after 30 days. cause i just got a lappy now i can't download on it

mangekyoCRikiT
27th Feb 2013, 16:46
I have backups on usb stick and an external hard drive. There is no way to re-download the game and there is no exe file to launch so you are pretty much screw'd even if you have everything. I built a new pc and now 30 days have passed so I cant play a game I paid for? I want my money back!

Clouder90
3rd Mar 2013, 18:33
Digital River does not distribute the game in europe, so that version does not have a download limit. I should know, i live in Finland and purchased the game last september and downoaded the game again yesterday from the link they gave me via e-mail.

Digital River is just a crappy distributor, and i truly feel sorry for you guys having to deal with that kind of bull***t.

Grimoire
4th Mar 2013, 01:42
Turns out I really made a good choice purchasing it directly from the EU store then. Thank you for the information, Clouder90.

sleepydumbdude-254414
21st Mar 2013, 00:56
so I bought my copy last year, and just got a new laptop, so I want to download it to what I have now. I can't find a way to do so without re purchasing it. is there a way to get it without paying for it again?

Same here. You are supposed to be able to go to findmyorder.com but its taking me to other stuff that i bought if I search by email and credit cards. he order number forgot password gives me PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER and won't accept my square password.

jkallel
25th Mar 2013, 20:02
I bought this around the time when it came out...(the re-release that is...) my pc crashed recently and i had to reinstall windows so i lost all my install data. How do i re-downlod the game? i have looked everywhere on the site i even go to my account and view my games but when i click on it, it just takes me to the game info page. plz help.

SE-Chris
28th Mar 2013, 19:40
You may see something like this if the order did not complete properly or if it is still being processed. You should be able to download the manager from the FindMyOrder.com site and get it started. If you're not seeing this you may need to get in contact with Digital River (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs) to see if there is an issue with the order being processed or maybe even the account. Have your order number ready when you contact them as they will probably be asking for it.

volkov956
5th Apr 2013, 00:35
The problem also seems is digital river only gives a 30 day window to redownload the game so only fix legally i can see is contacting them to reget it but from what I heard that is not a very successful route I wish to also redownload mine I got it when it was 1.04 but now i have misplaced my installer and did the find and redownload feature on digital river site and it said too bad its over 30days

helioriska
10th Apr 2013, 12:22

i totaly agree , they better fix , it is not fair at all for he people who even took the time and money to rebuy a game , and for what!! just to tell hey we dont expect u to ever get a new computer

volkov956
10th Apr 2013, 22:27
i have the original downloader was able to dig it off theyre site eventually its the 1.05 version of the downloader so it will need to update once its installed

member_10634684
12th Apr 2013, 11:20
Wow, that isn't good. I had no idea about this when I made the purchase.

I had decided to finally buy this game off of the Square Enix Store today because I was tired of waiting for a version on Steam. Now I am starting to have regrets. Perhaps I should have read this thread before making the go ahead.

This game appears to be using some very not nice DRM. And one of the first things I've noticed upon starting up a new game, is that it isn't letting me save. I'm really disappointed in how this is working. This port needs work. It may be more compatible with Windows 7 than the old copy. But it has some very customer unfriendly things going on in it.

This is another reason this game really needs a Steam release. If Square Enix really worries about piracy, then Steamworks would be a much better solution that most customers would be much happier with. In fact, the game is already really easy to pirate on the PC, both with the PC version, and with emulators. I'm pretty disappointed. I really want more Japanese RPGs on the PC, but this is making the copy hard to recommend to others.

I would buy it again though, if it were released on Steam. With Steam, at least I can download the game after 30 days. And I like their login system a lot better.

hmbyshrty
17th Apr 2013, 17:09
This is the reason SQUARE-ENIX is failing right now. You keep pissing off your loyal fans. I just found this out after I got my new PC and trying to continue my FF7 save. This is absolutley ridiculous. Nowhere in my confirm page after purchase, or in my email receipt does it explain this garbage.

member_10811810
18th Apr 2013, 21:08

I would like to know if there is anything that Square could do on this issue. I think that we all pay good money for their games and we should be able to continue playing them. I know that it is not Square's fault directly but I believe that they do have the power to remedy the situation. puns everywhere.

Manwhyte
24th Apr 2013, 18:09
So I got a new PC and attempted to redownload the game from the link in the order email and got the same thing. This is pretty horrible.

pa_elimination
26th Apr 2013, 21:35
I bought FF7 PC from SE's web site a few months back, I had it on my old laptop but reformatted and sold it and got my new laptop. Tried to go download the game from the DigitalRiver order or whatever since there appears to be no download link on SE's web site i my account, and it comes up and says: "Sorry,

It is too late to download this file. You were allowed to download within 60 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com."&nbsp... (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.\)

Is this a joke? I bought the game already, do they seriously want me to buy it again because 2 months has passed? If this is the case I'm never legitimately purchasing another SE PC product ever again, because that's ridiculously stupid and was not made clear to me when I made the purchase.

Grimoire
27th Apr 2013, 02:54
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

pa_elimination
28th Apr 2013, 01:56
Same problem, got a new laptop and Digital River refuses to allow me to download my purchased game. Will never buy another product for PC form SE ever again, what a joke. &nbsp**** like this is why people pirate PC games. Now I have to go pirate a game i legitimately bought wtf Square.

member_10586843
28th Apr 2013, 02:14

I kept the downloader file i can still download it i can send it to you if you want!

RainbowDash35P
29th Apr 2013, 12:47
Well, after basically being told "go **** yourself" after I found out that I BOUGHT a game that I'm now no longer allowed to play because of that stupid limitation; I'm never buying another game from here. I'm sticking with Steam from now on because at least I know that they don't give me any stupid limitations.

member_10273974
30th Apr 2013, 19:05
really no re reply at all this his re post?

SE-Chris
1st May 2013, 12:13
The best way to get this download is to contact Digital River and let them know you need the download expiration extended.

- Submit a report of your issue to [Digital River Customer Service] at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

member_10811810
2nd May 2013, 20:38
So I just redownloaded FFVII (contacted Digital River and there allowed me to download again) however, when I launched the game for the first time again, I signed in with my email and my old cloud files are not there. Are not cloud files linked to ones account through their email? This is how it is to work right? Does anyone know of how to correct this issue because I was on the third disk just about to hit the crater and would be bummed if I lost the cloud files.

NekoStud-386827
5th May 2013, 20:23
Simple solution to this now, i had the same problem as you guys but right now im redownloading my game, all you have to do is log in here

store.eu.square-enix.com

it doesnt matter which region as im US and i still did it this way, once logged in click the button that says MY ACCOUNT in a tab that lists 3 options of: Help, My account and basket. and hey presto it should have your Final Fantasy 7 purchase information there aswell as download link for the FF7 downloader

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if your game is not listed here then i would file a complaint directly at square enix for screwing up your purchases

Coflash
6th May 2013, 00:25
FF7 isn't listed there for me, or anywhere else for that matter

TheTux94
6th May 2013, 09:33
If this is true, and it looks true, this is completely unacceptable.

csmith220
6th May 2013, 14:33
I'm so glad I read the forum before I bought this game. One of my favorite games of all time and now I can't buy it. Sad.

NekoStud-386827
7th May 2013, 16:01
Simple solution to this now, i had the same problem as you guys but right now im redownloading my game, all you have to do is log in here

store.eu.square-enix.com

it doesnt matter which region as im US and i still did it this way, once logged in click the button that says MY ACCOUNT in a tab that lists 3 options of: Help, My account and basket. and hey presto it should have your Final Fantasy 7 purchase information there aswell as download link for the FF7 downloader

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if your game is not listed here then i would file a complaint directly at square enix for screwing up your purchases

S0kun
9th May 2013, 14:07
We have looked into this issue with digital downloads on the Square Enix NA eStore and have come up with a temporary solution to allow our customers to continue to download their purchased products even past the initial 30 day window.

For customers who are currently being affected by this limitation, please contact our customer service team directly at the below location:
sqex.to/ffvii_dl (http://sqex.to/ffvii_dl)

Our representatives will be able to change your account setting manually to allow you to download the title again for an additional five days. If needed, you can also request that your original confirmation email, with download instructions, be resent to you.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are continuing to better our customer service and are working on a more permanent solution to make downloads available at any time after your purchase. We appreciate the feedback you have provided.

SE-Chris
9th May 2013, 14:11
We apologize for the trouble you have encountered. Please make sure you are signing into the game the same way as you were previously. Most times this is due to signing into the account by simply signing in or using the Square Enix North America link to the left and having done it differently on the second installation. To sign out head to the Network Settings on the launcher and sign out. Then go ahead and sign back in using either the form given or the one given after clicking on the button to the left as noted above.

S0kun
9th May 2013, 14:26
I've brought this up to the team and we've got an update. Please head over to this post for more information on a quick fix to this issue while we work on a long term solution.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

zerjohnsenix
15th May 2013, 15:03
I think it's hilarious that SQ-Enix would be a little selfish in terms of giving customers a link that never expires to a game they paid for. Anyway, I did a google search for the title of the downloader and found some happy results... :)

Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager.exe <--- google this file name. It's a whopping 364 bytes large! Not even half a megabyte. Baffles me why the strictness in terms of "30 day download limit"... btw, re-post that file on rapid share or other public download websites so that us FFVII fans will always have a copy of the file somewhere.

Burn it to a disk, your flash drive, your google drive... you'll never be without a copy ever again!

Laraul
19th May 2013, 09:34
The information about the 30 day download limit needs to be clearly stated prior to purchase, not burried deep within a FAQ. I suggest SE contact their legal team and have them take a look. There's no mention about it in the email either. This minor issue may lead to a lawsuit if not corrected. Failure of disclosure of pertenint infomation. It's good that we can contact support about this now at least.

member_10239333
23rd May 2013, 10:17
Square? Are you going to give us Steam Keys? That would fix all your support problems, we can download the game anytime we want, reliable cloud system and all that.

I still have my key but I cant download the game anymore, also I think there was a limit on installs aviable and then it gets locked?

Kryadan
24th May 2013, 01:22
I pre-purchased my first game from Enix and was reading through the download/install and it says the download button disappears after 30 days.

So if my PC crashes and burns after 30 days and I do not have the installer in a backup I have to re-buy the game to play? Or am I missing/misunderstanding something ?

thanks,

member_10091291
24th May 2013, 08:51
If you pre-ordered a game via Square-Enix, you must hit the download button no more than 30 days after the release date of the game, otherwise you must contact customer support to fix it on your account.

Kryadan
24th May 2013, 08:53
Oh okay. So as long as I download it the first time within those 30 days I can re-download anytime afterwards in case of a computer crash or reformatting?

Thanks!

Grimoire
24th May 2013, 17:30
Contact [Digital River Customer Service] for further assistance.

[/url] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)[url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"]CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

BrakSampson
27th May 2013, 16:27
Wow, I can't believe this. Went to redownload after having to restore my computer only to find out this is not an option. Congradulations Square, you have lost (another) life long customer.

Underverse
27th May 2013, 22:49
Was not aware of this policy when I purchased the game either. After rebuilding my machine I now find I can't re-download something I already own without paying for it again. You'll never get another dime out of me. You really can't complain about piracy with ridiculous policies like this. Because it's just so hard to put a download button in our account.

13th Jun 2013, 20:55
This is absolutely ridiculous. I just tried to download it and it says my download has expired after 60 days.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I paid for the game. I gave you money for the game. If this was for a CD disc, I would have it permanently. Why is the digital download limited?

I had to reformat my computer recently and now I do not have FF7 anymore but all my other games from Steam, Blizzard, Origin all allowed me to freely use as many downloads as possible since I PAID for the game.

A SE representative better respond to this issue immediately.

erporter
16th Jun 2013, 10:29
Ok I bought the FFVII game back Sept. 2012. Well my old computer died so I got a new one. When I go to click the download link it tells me I can't download it due to its been more then 30days. Is there a way for me to download it again without having to buy to game again?

Grimoire
17th Jun 2013, 03:50
[ANNOUNCEMENT: NOTICE REGARDING 30 DAY DOWNLOAD TIME LIMIT]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

[We have looked into this issue with digital downloads on the Square Enix NA eStore and have come up with a temporary solution to allow our customers to continue to download their purchased products even past the initial 30 day window.

For customers who are currently being affected by this limitation, please contact our customer service team directly at the below location:

Our representatives will be able to change your account setting manually to allow you to download the title again for an additional five days. If needed, you can also request that your original confirmation email, with download instructions, be resent to you.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are continuing to better our customer service and are working on a more permanent solution to make downloads available at any time after your purchase. We appreciate the feedback you have provided.]

Geowolf-433781
18th Jun 2013, 15:22
I bought the game last year and i will be getting a new computer in a few days but i no longer have the installer on my current comupter after doing some reserch and learning about the 30 day download is there any way i can get access to the download link so i can have the installer once i get my new computer?

Grimoire
20th Jun 2013, 13:36
[NOTICE REGARDING 30 DAY DOWNLOAD TIME LIMIT]

[/url][url="/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

[We have looked into this issue with digital downloads on the Square Enix NA eStore and have come up with a temporary solution to allow our customers to continue to download their purchased products even past the initial 30 day window.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are continuing to better our customer service and are working on a more permanent solution to make downloads available at any time after your purchase. We appreciate the feedback you have provided.]

osgZach
21st Jun 2013, 03:14
This really pissed me off too. I thought I had saved the downloader at least but maybe its on my other storage pool. And now that I can't even RUN the game (update 3 stalls at 30 - 40 percent) I figured I would try reinstalling it

Anyway I found it through google and it works

www.2shared.com/file/jGT3M6mP/Final_Fant... (http://www.2shared.com/file/jGT3M6mP/Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadMana.html)

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 07:23

[/url][url="http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

escobert
21st Jun 2013, 18:34
I was one of the people who "accidently" got VII before it was re-released for PC. since then my HD failed and I lost my dpwnloaded copy. The promo code I was given to recieve my copy no longer works and I can't find anywhere in my profile or the FFVII page to download it again.

Grimoire
22nd Jun 2013, 05:18
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

[/url][url="http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29922733/Notice_Regarding_30_Day_download_Time_Limit)

escobert
25th Jun 2013, 17:05
Thank you.

ItzAnth0ny
30th Jun 2013, 23:38
Yeah apparently my order number wasn't found, really square? Why dont you put your games on steam where it should be so you wouldnt have these problems to deal with in the first place

uspbunny
4th Jul 2013, 06:57
Hiho ..
at first sorry for my bad english ^^

My problem is ... I buyed FF7 at the Square store and needet to clean up my pc and make a fresh windows instalation.

So my question is .. were i can download it again ? ..My profile says i own the game but i cant find a DL link for it -.-

WarDrake_
4th Jul 2013, 12:28
you can download it from :

www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)

you'll need your email confirmation, there you'll find your order number

and your account password, or your email address and the last 5 digits of your credit card.

Grimoire
4th Jul 2013, 19:00
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

member_10481517
5th Jul 2013, 06:23
I was wanting to do this also. I went to that website and put in my order number and password and it said it was invalid?

Grimoire
5th Jul 2013, 06:39
Then: contact [Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

Thorgalkun
5th Jul 2013, 07:00
Yeah Digital River sucks real bad on that part, theres no password, they did not provide one and you did not make one, just like how I had to deal with Capcom Store and Namco Bandai store...

One way to access your download link is with your Email and last 5 digit of your CC if you still have it, worked for me.

member_10449803
5th Jul 2013, 07:29
I ran into the same problem as OP. I'm realizing I didn't save my installer from way back when I ordered and now I'm outside of my 60 day window for downloads. Now I have to find it "elsewhere" because I'm not paying for it again. I wish I had held out for the Steam release......

Serber
5th Jul 2013, 12:45
perfect o/ ty ty ty *---* solved my problem

well worth having saved all the emails this game (y)

Serber
5th Jul 2013, 16:35
Sorry,

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com).

=/

zolinsith
5th Jul 2013, 17:18
I can't ****ing download my game I was at the last boss! "This game is all I had" Now the only option I have is to die.

Arahoushi
5th Jul 2013, 17:39
I don't apreciate being lied to. You placed instructions at the top of page for requesting a new download of the game. I followed these instructions, and got an automated response that you would reply to my request shortly. The first request was MONTHS ago. Second was over 2 weeks. No reply. This is the kind of issues that tanks your stocks and drops any chance of building consumer loyalty. You have lost me, an advid purchaser of your games since the original NES cartridge. Good luck keeping your remaining customers.

the_randomizer
5th Jul 2013, 21:33
Such a foolish policy IMHO. If your computer crashes after thirty days, you're pretty much screwed

member_10244674
5th Jul 2013, 21:33
Yeah Digital River sucks real bad on that part, theres no password, they did not provide one and you did not make one, just like how I had to deal with Capcom Store and Namco Bandai store...

One way to access your download link is with your Email and last 5 digit of your CC if you still have it, worked for me.

Unfortunately this doesn't work if you've unintentionally used Digital River for buying another game. As it turns out many other companies use their service but you never know it because it's only used for the transaction in the background.

For instance the first time I tried putting in my email and last 5 digits it pulled up my LOTRO purchase from Turbine. Then later it started pulling up my Battlefield 4 purchase from Origin. I realized all it's doing is pulling up your latest purhcase through DR, it has nothing to do with Square-Enix. So, the only way it works is if you haven't purchased anything else that uses this service from another company.

This whole crap storm could have been avoided if Square-Enix would have ponied up the money to offer the downloads on their servers rather than relying on Digital River.

the_randomizer
5th Jul 2013, 21:37

Unfortunately this doesn't work if you've unintentionally used Digital River for buying another game. As it turns out many other companies use their service but you never know it because it's only used for the transaction in the background.

For instance the first time I tried putting in my email and last 5 digits it pulled up my LOTRO purchase from Turbine. Then later it started pulling up my Battlefield 4 purchase from Origin. I realized all it's doing is pulling up your latest purhcase through DR, it has nothing to do with Square-Enix. So, the only way it works is if you haven't purchased anything else that uses this service from another company.

This whole crap storm could have been avoided if Square-Enix would have ponied up the money to offer the downloads on their servers rather than relying on Digital River.

You can bet that I'll be getting from Steam this time and not from that POS digital river. What a joke.

member_10244674
5th Jul 2013, 21:43
I thought we were suppose to be getting a long term solution to this problem soon? Offering extended downloads does not resolve the problem in the long term. We can't reset our passwords and if we've bought something unintentionally from Digital River through Origin or a multitude of other companies out there we can't access our downloads.

We need real help with real solutions.

member_10244674
5th Jul 2013, 22:07

You can bet that I'll be getting from Steam this time and not from that POS digital river. What a joke.

Square-Enix isn't getting another dime from me. I already paid for my copy, I'm just waiting for them to make this right. Imagine if the tables were turned and I walked into a store, took a game and said I'll pay you in 6 months? I'd go to jail imediately. Yet, I paid for this game and don't have access to it? That's borderline illegal, with only a hidden away FAQ to save them from being sued into next Sunday.

stvsimms
5th Jul 2013, 22:40
Get it fixed!

Email Steam keys.

It's the LEAST you can do after engaging in deceptive trade practices.

Fafson
6th Jul 2013, 08:54
Get it fixed!

Email Steam keys.

^ This.

the_randomizer
6th Jul 2013, 13:09
I too made the mistake of getting off of their store, it should have been a Steam release from day one. This is utter asinine and downright pathetic.

member_10674557
6th Jul 2013, 20:38
Luckily I did a SMART thing and uploaded my FF7 installer to my Google Drive right after I got it downloaded when they released this a year ago; re-downloaded it a couple days ago and works great, except for the fact that it's still v1.0.7 and Steam users get to disable cloud saves, the whole reason I stopped playing in the first place.

Do yourself a favor if you don't have any data caps; upload that stuff to a RELIABLE CLOUD STORAGE, obviously not Square Enix's cloud ;p

Jkdavidson828
7th Jul 2013, 06:01
Square please give me the extension i had no clue about the 30 day thing. I do agree it sucks but i would love to download this game hard drive crashed on laptop and finally have a new one but no ff7. I have only downloaded the game once since i bought it about a year ago.

barbe_brune
7th Jul 2013, 12:54
Get it fixed!

Email Steam keys.

^ This.

If you dont get this fixed, it mean that you dont care about your loyal costumers. Seriously.. you think you can just rape us and get away with it? Do something! Send us all steam keys

emeraldpegasus
8th Jul 2013, 03:22
i wanted to save my files from the cloud transfer to steam need to resintall after windows8 refresh!

i am absolutely disgusted squaresoft!

no reinstall button!

no redownload button!

fail! shame on you corporate thiefs!

xXxFlamehawkxXx
9th Sep 2013, 09:08
Hey guys, i bought FF7 for Pc sometime either last year or start of this year but had to format my computer, now ive just tried to re download it but there is no option to, except having to buy it again? am i doing something wrong?

christyh
18th Sep 2013, 19:16
Wondering this same thing myself. Rebuilt my comp and now I can't find an option to redownload FFVII

warpax
20th Sep 2013, 08:16
same here.I cant find a way to redownload . I still have my serial numbers and unlock code

Locke255
6th Oct 2013, 15:18
Same here. Just got a new comp and I wanted to play it. No option but to buy it again? Something is wrong here.

Locke255
6th Oct 2013, 15:21
I bought the game in November 2012 - it even says it when I check in my profile. Yet when I go to the FF7 game, the only option is to buy it again. How to do I download it again? I just bought a new computer 2 weeks ago and would like to keep playing it!:(

Nevermind - I really should read stickies I guess. Submitted a ticket and hopefully it gets answered. Reading a lot of posts here though, I am not holding my breath.

silvermaid8
7th Oct 2013, 19:05
Hey guys i dont know how much square is gonna like this but i found a loophole in the redownload if you bought the game and had to reformat like me sooooo this is it go to a torrenting site and download the ff7 remake torrent it is free and im not gonna give a link on where to find it you can find it on your own on piratebay anyways once you do that if you know your account credentials then you can merely log in via that and voila you have a redownloaded and legit copy of ff7 and screw you square if you dont like this we all payed for this game in fact i paid for this game like 12 years ago for ps1 so i dont want to hear it

silvermaid8
7th Oct 2013, 19:07
Same here. Just got a new comp and I wanted to play it. No option but to buy it again? Something is wrong here.
please email me chriskentbarras@yahoo.com if you would like the link im not gonna post it on here cause then square will just shut it down and that way you wont have to hunt for it

Sizzle
22nd Oct 2013, 14:05
So apparently I had my FFVII activation wiped out by upgrading to windows 8.1 from Windows 8 and I'm now getting the following message when attempting to launch FFVII and following the prompts to register it (again, sigh)...

Activation Failed
Activation process has been terminated
Too many activations on different PCs or too many reactivations on the same PC have been performed with the entered serial number. No further activations are allowed.

What exactly am I supposed to do about this so I can play the game I purchased 100 percent legitimately?

Sanjihan
7th Nov 2013, 10:47
Me too!

So. When it was released it bought the Final Fantasy VII PC Version, because i am huge fan of the series. I had some fun hours with the game... until i decided to buy some new Hardware and got me a new Windows... this is when the company i associate with one of the greatest RPG Series of all times started to show its real face of doom. After rebuilding my PC and reinstalling Windows, i reinstalled all my games. And I haven't been able to play my own game FOR OVER A MONTH NOW...

When i tried to start FF7, i got the following error: "The Activation Limit for your product has been reached, please contact the SecuRom support". And the game would not start anymore. I went to the SecuRom Support and got this email after waiting for 2 days:

"Hello. Unfortunately, we are unable to increase your activation limit and have been advised by the software publisher to direct users with these inquires directly to them. You can find a list of publishers by clicking on the following link: https://support.securom.com/faq_nsr.html[1] Best regards, SecuROM Support Team"

So i wrote to the Square Enix Support... and these are the Emails i got:

"Dear Philipp ,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre. We can help you increase your activation limit. Could you also please provide the game code so that we might help. Kind regards, The Square Enix Support Centre team"

(I included the keys the first time... but i just send it to them a second time)

A Month (!) later i got this:

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre. We sincerely apologise for the delay in replying to you. Due to the massive volume in contacts following the launch of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have only now got through to your email. We have now escalated your case to our head office for further investigation. We will be in contact as soon as we have any new information regarding your situation. Please bear with us while your case is being investigated, we hope that the situation will be resolved soon. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Kind regards, The Square Enix Support Centre team"

I wrote an Email where i told them I was not okay with this. It already had been over a month in which i couldnt play a game which i legally bought! A week later i got this:

"Dear Philipp, Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre. We are sorry for the delay in your case. Your case is with our head office who are working to try an increase the activation limit for you. We will get back in touch as soon as there is an update in your case. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, The Square Enix Support Centre team"

So I am just posting this that all of you can see that SquareEnix comes straight out of hell these days. Never buy a game in there store! All i did was reconfiguring my system and now i cant play a game i legally bought anymore. If anyone doenst believe this story, I got my receipt and all the mails saved on my computer and I will post them here if necessary. SquareEnix, you are thiefs!

frymus
13th Nov 2013, 16:58
I paid for Final Fantasy VII late last year, and wanted to replay the game for nostalgic reasons. To my, now, exceptional disappointment, I will never finish it. Unless I steal it, which I won't. :rolleyes:

I now have a different computer and would have liked to install the game. However, Square Enix's policy: "if you buy the game, you can only install it within 60 days" means they're literally STEALING:mad: from me. This should be illegal. I paid for the game, and by right, should be able to use it.

How can such a big, known company screw over it's customers in the most obviously dubious manner possible? Their intentions are obviously dubious because they don't need that policy what-so-ever! The account has the purchased game already registered to it! Meaning, just like on Steam, they know you bought the game! They, unlike Steam, won't let you have it.

I will never buy anything Square Enix ever again. I will also make it my mission to make sure no one else does either.

I feel sorry for the employees! Your management has no idea what they're doing!

Square, just because you sent out a notice saying "Oh, mah bad, you can download it between july-august," doesn't free yourself of liability, you crooks. Oh thanks. That really helps the millions of people not checking your website everyday.

It's ONLY data--information. It's not a physical product, where if I break it, I can never use it again. IT'S DATA I ALREADY PAID FOR AND THEY KNOW I PAID FOR IT. There is no reason to keep it from the customer except to ***** them.

I know this rant will have little impact. But if someone sees this while considering to buy a game from you and it informs them of the company's bad business practices then it was worth it. I've saved them some money and frustration.

-One of the many disgruntled customers

Other customers who have felt the same way:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32630272
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/se-being-se-ffvii-pc-cant-be-redownloaded-after-30-29388303/
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6600

yotambc
14th Nov 2013, 12:30
Square Enix, Final Fantasy XIV potential buyers beware:

I feel I must share with you the negative experience I had when dealing with Square Enix, the company that publishes the online game Final Fantasy XIV (A Realm Reborn), and warn you to steer clear of this company and its products, if you are considering purchasing one of them:

Upon hearing that the new version of Final Fantasy XIV was finally out, my 12-year old son urged me to purchase for him, using his hard-earned money, the PC version of the game. He saved up his birthday money and several months of allowance. We paid 25 Euros and downloaded the game, which, indeed looks very very nice.

My son opened up the gave a few times - six times, by his account, and played around with the character configuration. He encountered some connectivity issues, so he only accessed the game once or twice every week.

After a month, the game would not open any more, stating that ‘Your trial period is over”. Huh? Thinking this must be an error, I contacted the support for this game (That is, when I found how to contact them. The company, and the game, have dozens of websites, each looking and behaving differently, a nightmare of usability, with no way to ever return to a page you accessed the day before)

To our surprise, the support stated that we now have to purchase a monthly subscription, starting from $12.99 and up, in order to continue playing.

I pointed out to the support team that this wasn’t stated anywhere on the website when we purchased the game - not the fact that 25 Euros buys us nothing (The month is considered as ’Free 30 day trial period’), and that we need to purchase a costly ($150/year) subscription, to enable the minimal functionality. Have we known this in advance, we would not have bought this game, since my 12-year old son does not have these sums.

The support team claims that the subscription is in fact clearly mentioned in "the User Agreement (point 4.1)” - why not include it in the product description when purchasing? Or tell me how much it is in advance?

I requested a refund, since, clearly, this is not what we wished to buy. Square-Enix would not grant us the refund, stating that ‘the 30 day trial period was up”. Duh? You only cared to tell me that it was a 30 day trial period when it was over, not a minute sooner.

If this game is subscription based, what did we just pay 25 Euros for? If I clearly showed that the information about the subscription is misrepresented and well hidden away, how come Square Enix wouldn’t refund my son the money he has saved up for several months?

Again, I urge anybody who is considering giving Square Enix their money, to steer away, and find a better use for it.

Azreil
15th Nov 2013, 08:43
Square Enix, Final Fantasy XIV potential buyers beware:

I feel I must share with you the negative experience I had when dealing with Square Enix, the company that publishes the online game Final Fantasy XIV (A Realm Reborn), and warn you to steer clear of this company and its products, if you are considering purchasing one of them:

Upon hearing that the new version of Final Fantasy XIV was finally out, my 12-year old son urged me to purchase for him, using his hard-earned money, the PC version of the game. He saved up his birthday money and several months of allowance. We paid 25 Euros and downloaded the game, which, indeed looks very very nice.

My son opened up the gave a few times - six times, by his account, and played around with the character configuration. He encountered some connectivity issues, so he only accessed the game once or twice every week.

After a month, the game would not open any more, stating that ‘Your trial period is over”. Huh? Thinking this must be an error, I contacted the support for this game (That is, when I found how to contact them. The company, and the game, have dozens of websites, each looking and behaving differently, a nightmare of usability, with no way to ever return to a page you accessed the day before)

To our surprise, the support stated that we now have to purchase a monthly subscription, starting from $12.99 and up, in order to continue playing.

I pointed out to the support team that this wasn’t stated anywhere on the website when we purchased the game - not the fact that 25 Euros buys us nothing (The month is considered as ’Free 30 day trial period’), and that we need to purchase a costly ($150/year) subscription, to enable the minimal functionality. Have we known this in advance, we would not have bought this game, since my 12-year old son does not have these sums.

The support team claims that the subscription is in fact clearly mentioned in "the User Agreement (point 4.1)” - why not include it in the product description when purchasing? Or tell me how much it is in advance?

I requested a refund, since, clearly, this is not what we wished to buy. Square-Enix would not grant us the refund, stating that ‘the 30 day trial period was up”. Duh? You only cared to tell me that it was a 30 day trial period when it was over, not a minute sooner.

If this game is subscription based, what did we just pay 25 Euros for? If I clearly showed that the information about the subscription is misrepresented and well hidden away, how come Square Enix wouldn’t refund my son the money he has saved up for several months?

Again, I urge anybody who is considering giving Square Enix their money, to steer away, and find a better use for it.

Anyone who has even remotely heard of Final Fantasy online knows it's a pay-to-play.....been that way for ...years. A quick internet search has it on the first hit. When you pay the initial cost of the game...you are paying, basically, for the base game and/or expansions (depending on which item(s) you buy)...and even if you do not continue , or use , your subscription...those games still remain on your HD. So ...no ..your claim that ..."Oh they cheated us"...has no merit. You bought something without doing any research...it clearly states it's a Pay-to-play even on the second and third rate search engines...it says Pay-to-Play.. Next time.....actually look before you leap....know what your buying instead of just blindly rushing to get your credit card out...

Azreil
15th Nov 2013, 08:50
I paid for Final Fantasy VII late last year, and wanted to replay the game for nostalgic reasons. To my, now, exceptional disappointment, I will never finish it. Unless I steal it, which I won't. :rolleyes:

I now have a different computer and would have liked to install the game. However, Square Enix's policy: "if you buy the game, you can only install it within 60 days" means they're literally STEALING:mad: from me. This should be illegal. I paid for the game, and by right, should be able to use it.

How can such a big, known company screw over it's customers in the most obviously dubious manner possible? Their intentions are obviously dubious because they don't need that policy what-so-ever! The account has the purchased game already registered to it! Meaning, just like on Steam, they know you bought the game! They, unlike Steam, won't let you have it.

I will never buy anything Square Enix ever again. I will also make it my mission to make sure no one else does either.

I feel sorry for the employees! Your management has no idea what they're doing!

Square, just because you sent out a notice saying "Oh, mah bad, you can download it between july-august," doesn't free yourself of liability, you crooks. Oh thanks. That really helps the millions of people not checking your website everyday.

It's ONLY data--information. It's not a physical product, where if I break it, I can never use it again. IT'S DATA I ALREADY PAID FOR AND THEY KNOW I PAID FOR IT. There is no reason to keep it from the customer except to ***** them.

I know this rant will have little impact. But if someone sees this while considering to buy a game from you and it informs them of the company's bad business practices then it was worth it. I've saved them some money and frustration.

-One of the many disgruntled customers

Other customers who have felt the same way:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32630272
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/se-being-se-ffvii-pc-cant-be-redownloaded-after-30-29388303/
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6600

I feel ya...you paid for an item and probably have the receipt for that purchase...(albeit, it may be an electronic receipt)...
Still....you did pay for the right to play it when you want.
Unfortunately, they own the property and right to the games...so..they make the rules..
And it is good to see that you have some moral fiber....stealing is wrong.
Hear that SE ?? STEALING IS WRONG...
This person paid ....legit paid....for one of your titles...Install date shouldn't matter....he paid for the right to play when he wants to.
I think....as long as there is proof it has been legit paid for......Install date shouldn't be an issue.

crazygimmo
24th Nov 2013, 18:57
my avast block (idk why) the game & i dont have access to play it anymore, so have to remove it & now i try to reinstall it & its say "Error: We are facing technical difficulty in downloading the game." ? what i can do ?

7thfathom
30th Nov 2013, 14:38
I just want my money back. But you guys are making it virtually impossible to access the resource to do so. Please, I really dont want to resort to external calls. Give me the information to facilitate a refund of a purchase and payment of a product that was never rendered to me(stealing).

GETTUM
1st Dec 2013, 07:04
Thanks for finally solving this problem! This has been a prominent problem in the community for the customers of the FFVII re-release and it's great that it's finally been resolved! ^^ There must have been countless threads voicing this issue since the release for the past two years, but it's good to know that although negative criticisms have been made, they have been taken into consideration and a resolution has finally been reached.

Square-Enix has been ridiculed relentlessly for this issue, particularly in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554202
Hopefully this fix can be made known to others who were discontent with the initial inability to redownload the the game.

Personally, I've only had the sudden urge for nostalgia today to redownload the game since purchasing the re-release over the summer heh, so I wasn't nearly as frustrated with this issue as others were for the past two years. Although it was a chore for finding this overlooked thread, hopefully its existence can help ease some of the negative feelings the community has for the company.

Looking forward to that Final Fantasy VIII PC rerelease/remake btw! :3

poliras
1st Dec 2013, 22:32
I bought it but closed the window that has my serial key. How do I find it?

innacoma
4th Dec 2013, 16:15

Cheers.

As of 12-04-13, this method works still for Digital River, I missed the part of the 30day limit, and had to re-install windows.

JpFF13
14th Dec 2013, 20:21
Hi everybody,
I bought Final Fantasy 7 a while ago but I recently had to format my computer which lead to the game being uninstalled and I had deleted the installer. So my question is: is there any way I can redownload the setup for my Final fantasy 7 without having to rebuy the game and if so how do I do that?

Thanks you for any helpful answers

Crymaker
15th Dec 2013, 07:37
Same thing happen to me... i wanted to play this game again and when i checked my account i can't see a damn button so i can redownload the game wtf... you seriously need to buy it again? i hope not because this is like stealing... can't even see my achievements that took a long time to complete i demand answers because this is BS

Grimoire
15th Dec 2013, 18:44
Contact customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1379&la=2).

Nessa_Revane
16th Dec 2013, 00:05
its much easyier .... try this after logging in to Store site:

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/checkout/index.php?site=account&option=orders

There u have ur Purchase List with Codes and for final Fantasy 7 the Download Option (Click here for Downloading the Game)

greyfox2kx
20th Dec 2013, 10:11
hi,

i have the same problem with FF 14: ARR.
i see the the game was bought by me (pre-order) but theres no option to redownload the game.

Tarenk
22nd Jan 2014, 02:25
Hi I bought FF7 while in the online store and after formatting my pc several times and not let me install the game. It says my code has been used many times. What do I do now? Have I paid for not playing? How am I supposed to solve these problems?

SE is a great company, but sometimes you have large errors.

Please give me my game or my money back.

(Sorry for my English, use google, I'm Spanish.)

Susinko
22nd Jan 2014, 18:28
It sounds like you used up all the times you could use your activation code. You can try emailing SE, but you may have to just re-buy the game. I know that isn't what you want to hear but at least you are supporting a really really really good game.

Grimoire
23rd Jan 2014, 00:17
Contact customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1379&la=2).

geng1s
23rd Apr 2014, 18:20
There something that i don't unterstand.... how is it possible thta i have purchased FF7 and now I cannot download again but i have to another time!!!! Non sense!!!!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Duck88
14th Nov 2015, 18:51
It has been a few years but i would like to play FF7 again but i can't seem to find where to download it at. I purchased it on aug 20 2012 for pc through the square enix website

helioSphereTheOne
22nd Nov 2015, 09:16
Did you find out how? I'm stuck with the same problem.

Nighthorror89
29th Apr 2016, 11:17
I bought the PC version of FF7 a while back since i do a replay about once a year. I reformatted my computer and lost the game and I can't seem to find a way to redownload on the site. Is there a way that I am not seeing or do you have to rebuy the game?