PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - June 5th Update

Saikocat
5th Jun 2014, 15:16
Prophet

New Equipment
- Piercing Pistols are now available! They fire ammunition that can pass through enemies and damage those behind them.
- Disabling Curse is now available! It is an area attack that renders vampires unable to use their abilities for a few seconds.

Pistols
- Increased damage falloff at long range
- Reduced pistol DPS across the board by 4%

Banish Shot
- Reduced aim assistance
- Increased cooldown to 20 secs
- Increased damage reduction on target to 75%
- No longer affects Tyrants during Charge
- More changes are coming soon, these are viewed as temporary solutions while the ability is reviewed

Life Leech
- Damage increased to 250, but lifesteal percentage reduced to 80% (same net healing)

Hunter

New Equipment
- Whip is now available! Slash at vampires to stagger them and rip climbing vampires off of walls!

Crossbows
- Clip sizes reduced slightly to bring Hunter’s damage per clip numbers in line with other classes
- Reduced random spread and spread bloom slightly on all crossbows

Reaver

Evasion
- Duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 5)

Tyrant

New Equipment
- Throw is now available! Grab humans and hurl them bodily across the level, into walls, or off rooftops.

Charge
- Movement speed while charging increased by 5%
- Warmup animation plays 15% faster

Matchmaking

Region Filtering
- Users can now select “US-West” or “US-East” instead of just “North America
- Please note that temporarily, US players will need to select "Any" as their region instead. The specific selection will come online, but until this is cleared up, you will need to set it as ANY to play.

Bug Fixes

- Prophets can no longer be executed multiple times in rare situations
- Fall damage calculation bug fixed that was causing Sentinel drop damage to scale too fast

CSX_NG3o
5th Jun 2014, 15:20
sweet , does the region filtering apply to the Europe also ?

SiD_Green
5th Jun 2014, 15:23
Whip and Throw?!! Sweet!! Can't wait to try!

The prophet changes sound good mostly, we'll see how it goes.

Evasion change seems justified.

Shikei001
5th Jun 2014, 15:34
Wuhuuuu new toys and Prophet nerf *____* sounds promising :)
Maybe now i will switch back to charge looks like great improvments and im eager to throw humans around xD

Btw if i throw a human into a human.... does both get dmg ? xDDDDDDD

Taisuru
5th Jun 2014, 15:41
Very excited to try out the new whip and throw abilities, and good to see Tyrant get some buffs and prophet not get hit TOO hard for the nerfbat. Definitely all looks solid.

Saruwatari
5th Jun 2014, 15:46
A lot of nice changes, can't wait to try out the Disabling Curse and the Tyrant throw haha
Sadly no Skins for the Prophet yet ;(
Oh well

Sanguise23
5th Jun 2014, 15:47
Awesome a birthday present for me!

MasterZtark
5th Jun 2014, 16:09
Thanks Cat! I can't wait to try everything out!

Saikocat
5th Jun 2014, 16:39
Sadly no Skins for the Prophet yet ;(

Don't worry, she'll be getting her new skins before long, and they're worth the wait! :)

LorenCole
5th Jun 2014, 16:49
...Vampire Hunters with whips? Reminds me something... XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjazC45Qkww&feature=kp

Cintax
5th Jun 2014, 18:26
Talk about a drastic over-nerf to Banish Shot, heh....even if it's "temporary."

Razaiim
5th Jun 2014, 18:55
I like all the changes except for Banish. The damage reduction and near invisibility, while they make sense with the Banish from the realm/dimension motif (which I love don't get me wrong) make the skill fairly hard to use as a benefit to your team, and now it's been nerfed even further from viability. Additionally, I would like to see something along the lines of a quick purple surge to foreshadow its use.

Prime_Abstergo
5th Jun 2014, 19:11
Fall damage calculation bug fixed that was causing Sentinel drop damage to scale too fast
Ah-ha! I knew it! I KNEW IT!

Shikei001
5th Jun 2014, 20:29
After a couple of matches i noticed a few things... (may need confirmation)

1. If i play Prophet and use the Disabling Curse (which bwt is amazing *_*) and someone is standing in front of me (teammate) i can't cast it past them, the same goes for poisen mist.

2. If i play Tyrant and use Charge and want to do Throw right afterwards, sometimes (not often) i can't because the cooldown from Throw is counting.

3. Maybe the most important, the Whip range is kinda broken xD if a vamp is more than 3 footsteps away u can't hit... (and i think the animation looks also strange...)

And just a thought of me, the Whip does 250 dmg and staggers them (unsure about the range), compared to the life leech of the Prophet its a joke xD (does 250 dmg, heals 200 and don't seem to have any range limit). Especially because u have to trade bola for it...

Edit: Another thought (don't know if it's possible), it would be nice if u could control the direction of the "Throw", kinda like with the Shockwave :D

PencileyePirate
5th Jun 2014, 20:29
I don't have any feedback on the new skills yet, but am very happy with all of these balance changes.

edit: But still waiting on some a fix for Sentinel echolocation. : (

Prime_Abstergo
5th Jun 2014, 20:43

1. If i play Prophet and use the Disabling Curse (which bwt is amazing *_*) and someone is standing in front of me (teammate) i can't cast it past them, the same goes for poisen mist. Same happens with Draining curse.

Cant find Plague strike for Deceiver. Was hoping to see it in this update...

Jmthebigman
5th Jun 2014, 21:54
Same happens with Draining curse.

Cant find Plague strike for Deceiver. Was hoping to see it in this update...
got that curse onced placed under me because a team mate decided to jump in-front of me to block a reaver from pouncing me which would of killed me on the intial blow. end result i still died, but because of my own skill getting blocked and placed litterly under under me. funny enough also the reaver died...

MasterZtark
5th Jun 2014, 23:29

1. If i play Prophet and use the Disabling Curse (which bwt is amazing *_*) and someone is standing in front of me (teammate) i can't cast it past them, the same goes for poisen mist.

2. If i play Tyrant and use Charge and want to do Throw right afterwards, sometimes (not often) i can't because the cooldown from Throw is counting.

3. Maybe the most important, the Whip range is kinda broken xD if a vamp is more than 3 footsteps away u can't hit... (and i think the animation looks also strange...)

And just a thought of me, the Whip does 250 dmg and staggers them (unsure about the range), compared to the life leech of the Prophet its a joke xD (does 250 dmg, heals 200 and don't seem to have any range limit). Especially because u have to trade bola for it...

Edit: Another thought (don't know if it's possible), it would be nice if u could control the direction of the "Throw", kinda like with the Shockwave :D

THIS pretty much sums up everything I came here to post/report.

Oh and I fully agree with the Throw idea, that's exactly what I thought every time I used it.

XJadeDragoonX
6th Jun 2014, 01:22
The range on the whip sucks lol. Can't even reach someone half way up a decent size wall. And it seems easily obstructed by things. When you use it, it doesn't feel like you're using something tangible like when you throw bola or throw knives There's no weight to it. Just an awkward camera movement. Because it has no feeling to it or tangibility, it's very hard to understand the range on it whether you're the one using it or being hit by it. It's very weird watching it. I like the move and it's effect though. It just doesn't feel right when you trigger it because you can't really see it right. Just give it more range and I'll be happy tho.

MasterZtark
6th Jun 2014, 02:26
Just an FYI, our Profile tab doesn't show a tally for kills with the Hunter's Whip and Tyrant's Throw yet. Probably already aware of this, but thought it was worth a mention. Cheers!

PencileyePirate
6th Jun 2014, 06:46
Some thoughts after playing for a while:

I love this patch.

Whip needs longer range.

Disabling curse 3 sec. duration seems OK, but animation seems much shorter (~1-2 seconds.)

Prime_Abstergo
6th Jun 2014, 07:29
Piercing pistols dont have an icon or is it just me?

Whip needs longer range.
Should be very careful when adjusting range for a whip because it can suddenly become OP.

Question: is Throw affected by Enrage (= incr throw dmg and incr fall dmg) ???

SiD_Green
6th Jun 2014, 07:50
Throw is indeed affected by Enrage's damage amp

PencileyePirate
6th Jun 2014, 08:03
Piercing pistols dont have an icon or is it just me?

No, it's not just you.

Should be very careful when adjusting range for a whip because it can suddenly become OP.

I agree, but right now the whip's not particularly useful, and I have no reason to choose it over bola (except to experiment.)

Question: is Throw affected by Enrage (= incr throw dmg and incr fall dmg) ???

That's a good question. I've heard that Charge is not affected and I would think it should be the same for Throw ... also, the Enrage tool-tip specifically mentions "melee."

lucinvampire
6th Jun 2014, 08:45
:eek: cool new stuff – yay :D I really can’t wait to get in and use some of these new and shiny bits – they sound awesome :D

…Disappointed about no Prophet skins :( sad times…

ThomasterXXL
6th Jun 2014, 08:49
As far as I know Enrage increases everything! Enrage throwing people off of a cliff sounds promising, but Enraged Shockwaves did the trick for me. Every once in a while, I literally get the drop on someone (f.e. left wing of Castle in Valeholm) and push them down with an enraged Shockwave from behind and depending on how low either of us is on HP, he dies or comes very close to death.
(btw Enrage buffs fall damage from your attacks for some reason)
I'm interested to see how throw can be used, but Shockwave already gives me enough throwing power.

Jmthebigman
6th Jun 2014, 08:52
Throw is fun and soemhow fits my playstyle so great been having high amount of kills with tyrant while before i was just sucking.
one time I even whacked someone against 2 walls, bounced off the first.
Also perhaps a bug??? I grabbed a human and a reaver just lmb killed the enemy (enemy already low health but the grab was to precvent the run away)

FireWorks_
6th Jun 2014, 10:28
Undocumented change:

Sentinel is not able to use Airstrike while standing on the ground anymore.

Shikei001
6th Jun 2014, 10:34
That's a good question. I've heard that Charge is not affected and I would think it should be the same for Throw ... also, the Enrage tool-tip specifically mentions "melee."

Charge is definitely affected by Enrage but i think it don't work for Throw...
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/823/oxtk.png (https://imageshack.com/i/mvoxtkp) Throw
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/842/m67r.png (https://imageshack.com/i/nem67rp) Charge
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/843/l4pf.png (https://imageshack.com/i/nfl4pfp) Charge

Edit:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/834/3yk4.png (https://imageshack.com/i/n63yk4p) Enrange does add dmg to Throw

Jmthebigman
6th Jun 2014, 12:49
Undocumented change:

makes sense.

XJadeDragoonX
6th Jun 2014, 15:09
I think whip should have enough range to knock a vampire down from most tall buildings. Otherwise bola is a superior choice. You have to be basically in melee range to hit someone. Real whips are really long lol. This one is kinda wimpy

Jmthebigman
6th Jun 2014, 15:52
since this patch I keep ending up in already started matches 4v2 4v3 its lame and annoying. especially when those people you join are not doing team play but selfish play.

MasterZtark
6th Jun 2014, 15:56
I agree the Whip needs a longer range, at least be able to reach near the roof of the average building to pull a vamp down. With its current short range it can not pull a vamp down once they are -basically- out of melee range.

A longer cooldown like 20 seconds may be needed though, as no one wants to see an OP whip with a long range like that. Or perhaps just the damage can be lowered. However the devs want to go about it really, and how they want the Whip to function. Is its main use suppose to be to pull down vamps? If so low damage and/or high cooldown would be fine.

SiD_Green
6th Jun 2014, 19:16
Don't understand the buff to life leech, it was already strong, now it's a free kill when they stack prophets

PencileyePirate
6th Jun 2014, 22:36
Don't understand the buff to life leech, it was already strong, now it's a free kill when they stack prophets

Yea that's the one change I don't quite understand ... though it'd make more sense if combined with a reduction to range.

LOFO1993
7th Jun 2014, 09:59
Prophet

New Equipment- Piercing Pistols are now available! They fire ammunition that can pass through enemies and damage those behind them.
- Disabling Curse is now available! It is an area attack that renders vampires unable to use their abilities for a few seconds.

Pistols
- Increased damage falloff at long range
- Reduced pistol DPS across the board by 4%

Banish Shot
- Reduced aim assistance
- Increased cooldown to 20 secs
- Increased damage reduction on target to 75%
- No longer affects Tyrants during Charge
- More changes are coming soon, these are viewed as temporary solutions while the ability is reviewed

Life Leech
- Damage increased to 250, but lifesteal percentage reduced to 80% (same net healing)

To me Prophet still feels very cheap, but I haven't met full Prophet teams yesterday, so it's hard to tell of something really changed. Guns nerf is good, but I have the feeling it won't be enough to balance them. Banish shot is better now. Life Leech is even more unfair and cheap, now four Prophets can drain away 1,000 HP every 15 or so seconds without even needing to aim much or to be at any range, that's crazy.

Hunter

New Equipment
- Whip is now available! Slash at vampires to stagger them and rip climbing vampires off of walls!

Crossbows
- Clip sizes reduced slightly to bring Hunter’s damage per clip numbers in line with other classes
- Reduced random spread and spread bloom slightly on all crossbows

Slightly longer range for Whip would be cool (sometimes the animation seems to reach, but the attack doesn't), but it seems a cool and balanced skill. Crossbows nerf doesn't change very much IMHO, but the class was already well balanced before, and still is.

Reaver

Evasion
- Duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 5)

Surprisingly, I don't think this changed things a lot. Still the right direction to go with it.

Tyrant

New Equipment
- Throw is now available! Grab humans and hurl them bodily across the level, into walls, or off rooftops.

Charge
- Movement speed while charging increased by 5%
- Warmup animation plays 15% faster

Charge definitively feels better and more responsive now (did the change affect Marathon too?). Throw is the coolest thing ever, but I feel a slightly longer cooldown would make it more balanced (say, 14 or 15 seconds, closer to those of Ground Slam and Shockwave).

On a side note, could somebody explain to me how Throw's damage actually works? 350 is what the Human gets when hitting a surface, but is that affected also by distance run, height run during the fly or anything? I noticed Humans also get some fall damage if they impact a wall and then fall to the ground, but what if, let's say, I throw someone from a rooftop directly to the ground below? Will he take 350, 350 + difference in height related damage, or 350 + distance run related damage?

Jmthebigman
7th Jun 2014, 10:59

you can speculate if its a buff or a nerf.
First if a vamp had 100 hp left and you used it you gained 100hp now 80hp. so actually less. Needless to say this change surprised me.

LOFO1993
7th Jun 2014, 11:13
First if a vamp had 100 hp left and you used it you gained 100hp now 80hp. so actually less. Needless to say this change surprised me.

You really didn't use it to heal yourself already. The fact is, it deals an insane amount of damage for its cooldown, range and precision. If it dealt around 100-150 HP, had a reasonable range and always healed you for the amount of life you take it would be much better, because, as I wrote somewhere else, at the moment it is "look somewhere near a Vampire, no matter how far he is, and press F to deal 250", which is something no other class can even go close to do, on both sides.

theMachineGun
7th Jun 2014, 12:04
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j6wFTOwSm63yjBtizG44l77Sw20QLs489a1Y8UzUCh0/edit?usp=sharing
Here's a simple comparison between the hunter and the prophet. Prophet has roughly the same DPS EXCEPT prophet can hit most of his shots where as if a hunter used his full fire rate he wouldn't hit nearly as much.

Now to the tyrant's throw. When playing as a human I hate how there's nothing that tells you that you're about to be grabbed, at least I haven't noticed anything. I often think he's trying to hit me and throw my bola which he then ignores and proceeds to grab me. I'm pretty sure every other vampire with a similar skill has some kind of sound so you have time to react when they are behind you but when I get grabbed by a tyrant from behind it's completely silent. I guess you could consider it OK because it's hard to pull off but it should be balanced in a different way.

SiD_Green
7th Jun 2014, 13:14

Nobody would reasonably call that a nerf. The niche case of gaining slightly less hp when you use it for a killshot on a vamp with less than 250 hp is a ridiculous metric for comparison.

Jmthebigman
7th Jun 2014, 13:35
Nobody would reasonably call that a nerf. The niche case of gaining slightly less hp when you use it for a killshot on a vamp with less than 250 hp is a ridiculous metric for comparison.
I know but its still possible, been in these dicussions and you can go both ways in the end. fact still stands its not what was needed to fix this skill.

LOFO1993
7th Jun 2014, 19:56
I played some more games, and in my opinion Prophet's "nerfs" didn't do anything at all. Prophet is so clearly overpowered I'm starting to see people asking their teammates to take it so that they have better chances of victory, and it actually works.

I remember Scout being overpowered months ago, but it was NOTHING like this, because Prophet is not "exploitable", it doesn't have a very high skill ceiling that very good players turn into a death machine, it's just flat out better in everything, no matter your skills, play style or situation.

I'll go as far as to say that playing Prophet for how it is at the moment ENCOURAGES you to use no tactics at all and just idly camp somewhere all together till you die, which makes the game not just unbalanced, but also much more boring and dull.

The problem, in my opinion, is due to two main factors, with a third one preventing any possible counter to an already compromised situation.

1) You don't need to "maneuver" around Vampires, your weapon and your best Abilities are most effective if you just strait up SHOOT. Playing as a shooting pillar is just as effective (if not more) as running around, avoiding encounters to reload and choosing your targets wisely. The best way to play Prophet is, in fact, spotting the enemy and shooting, shooting and shooting, both your bullets and your Abilities, as long as you die or they die. That's making the game terribly dull and stale, with 4 people playing CoD-style in a room or a square and 4 Vampires pointlessly trying to find a way around that, sometimes dying, sometimes wiping the Humans, repeat, repeat, end of the match.

2) All pistols, in particular the first three released, are INSANELY overpowered, even after the nerfs. It feels like playing as a Scout with aim-adjust, higher rate of fire, more shots in the barrel AND slower reload time - and Scout was already arguably the best class for plain out shooting! We're talking of damage-per-second on par with Hunter's and WAY better precision, recoil and reloading time.

All that said, the final hit to Prophet's balance is 3) if Vampires try to force melee before time in order not to get completely obliterated from afar - which is something that already puts them in a disadvantage on its own - Prophet also happens to have the best anti-melee skills available in the game. It can prevent you form attacking (but you still take damage). It can prevent you from using any Ability (but you still take damage). It can regenerate on the go while also hurting you (which makes every 1vs.1 insanely hard to win). You can cast an AoE of damage. All of these, as a Vampire, are virtually unforeseeable and unavoidable. You will get hit, disabled, abused and killed, no matter how you move, what abilities you use or how your team is playing, over and over and over again.

That's enough to make Prophet broken when there's one, but as their "being cheap" is perfectly cumulative - the more gunshots the more damage, it's not like you're using an AoE that doesn't stack if used multiple times at once - a full-Prophet team is simply incomparable with any other non-Prophet Human team, and it is consequently way better than it should in facing any possible Vampires combination.

That doesn't mean Prophets always win. They are not THAT broken. But it takes out most of the skills the game usually requires, because you technically need none to play Prophet effectively, and the way Prophet works takes out most of the need for Vampires to play cleverly in turns. Who wins and who loses mostly depends on how bad at aiming and covering each other the Humans prove to be and how much brute damage Vampires can deal before being blown up.

Squigiligimous
8th Jun 2014, 02:00
I played some more games, and in my opinion Prophet's "nerfs" didn't do anything at all. Prophet is so clearly overpowered I'm starting to see people asking their teammates to take it so that they have better chances of victory, and it actually works.

-snipped for brevity-

While I don't agree with a lot of your views and observations I'm going to 100% agree with you one one thing. The "Nerfs" didn't do crap.

Shikei001
8th Jun 2014, 07:03
2) All pistols, in particular the first three released, are INSANELY overpowered, even after the nerfs. It feels like playing as a Scout with aim-adjust, higher rate of fire, more shots in the barrel AND slower reload time - and Scout was already arguably the best class for plain out shooting! We're talking of damage-per-second on par with Hunter's and WAY better precision, recoil and reloading time. from LOFO1993

I totally agree with this point... but i think the other two are just connected to the insane dmg of the pistols... and as u already said the source of that is clearly the way too good percision. I'm by far not the best Prophet player still my Prophet got 8% hitrate more than my best class (Hunter) and 2% less than my most accurate class the Scout.
Hunter has 170 spread while Prophet got none... and the pistols look like mini shotguns fired...
Maybe... just maybe... adding spread will fix this problem.. at least u can't snipe anymore like now..

And if u need more time to aim or has to let the vamps closer to hit.. u automaticaly have to maneuver more...

The skills of the Prophet are not the distinctive problems.. sure the buff to Life Leech was not really necessary (i liked the 200dmg and 100% steal version more because it's supposed to keep u alife not to kill vamps).. banishing shot is in my opinion more an advantage for the vamps because of the 75% dmg reduce (nearly as Ignor Pain with 80%) and u can easily escape during that and reengage afterwards.. and the AoE skills are really balanced... i use the Curse because i don't like the mini heal of the other..

PencileyePirate
8th Jun 2014, 07:07
The banish nerf was greatly appreciated, IMO, especially the removing of Tyrant charge cancellation. I do think the pistols are still too powerful at long range.

LOFO1993
8th Jun 2014, 09:19
I totally agree with this point... but i think the other two are just connected to the insane dmg of the pistols... and as u already said the source of that is clearly the way too good percision. I'm by far not the best Prophet player still my Prophet got 8% hitrate more than my best class (Hunter) and 2% less than my most accurate class the Scout.
Hunter has 170 spread while Prophet got none... and the pistols look like mini shotguns fired...
Maybe... just maybe... adding spread will fix this problem.. at least u can't snipe anymore like now..

And if u need more time to aim or has to let the vamps closer to hit.. u automaticaly have to maneuver more...

The skills of the Prophet are not the distinctive problems.. sure the buff to Life Leech was not really necessary (i liked the 200dmg and 100% steal version more because it's supposed to keep u alife not to kill vamps).. banishing shot is in my opinion more an advantage for the vamps because of the 75% dmg reduce (nearly as Ignor Pain with 80%) and u can easily escape during that and reengage afterwards.. and the AoE skills are really balanced... i use the Curse because i don't like the mini heal of the other..

It's entirely possible that seriously nerfing the guns will solve everything, or at least make things much better, I just exposed what I think are the problems at the moment of having many Prophets on the field. It feels much more like an unlucky combination of factors, as I said, but that doesn't mean every single one of them has to be addressed heavily.

I like the Abilities and the way the class is supposed to play according to them, it's just at the moment you won't play it like that, because your pistols are so strong you don't really need to. The Abilities may need some little nerfs here and there (especially Life Leech, which IMHO would be absolutely fine with any reasonable range limitation), but there's no doubt taking away the insane advantage the guns give would help a lot. Then I still feel other small problems could emerge, but that would be on a totally different scale, and totally acceptable.

MasterZtark
9th Jun 2014, 01:01
Anyone have any thoughts on Draining Curse and Disabling Curse? We always seem to talk about what needs nerfed with the Prophet and not what needs buffed. I almost feel like they need a slight buff, but with the current state of the Prophets weapons that just shouldn't be done for obvious balance reasons. If/when the Prophets pistols are at the right spot, what would everyones opinions on the curses be?

Squigiligimous
9th Jun 2014, 01:20
Anyone have any thoughts on Draining Curse and Disabling Curse? We always seem to talk about what needs nerfed with the Prophet and not what needs buffed. I almost feel like they need a slight buff, but with the current state of the Prophets weapons that just shouldn't be done for obvious balance reasons. If/when the Prophets pistols are at the right spot, what would everyones opinions on the curses be?

I agree 100%. The curses take too damn long to use, but due to the pistols buffing them in any way/shape/form isn't very viable. Very frustrating .

PencileyePirate
9th Jun 2014, 08:39

I actually like disabling curse a lot already, but I still think draining curse may need a buff to damage or healing ... or perhaps both (by increasing damage and leaving drain % intact, so long as the DPS change is rather small.)

Sanguise23
9th Jun 2014, 12:40
I actually like disabling curse a lot already, but I still think draining curse may need a buff to damage or healing ... or perhaps both (by increasing damage and leaving drain % intact, so long as the DPS change is rather small.)
I agree with this, but also feel the summoning of draining curse works, maybe a little long to summon but otherwise...

BOOMstyx
10th Jun 2014, 03:54
Undocumented change:

This is silly to me. I mean, OK. It's called Air Strike, fine. And when it was bugged before, it allowed the sentinel to take to the air without having to drop, unacceptable, fine. But it's just him, throwing a grenade. Why not just let him throw it from the ground?

or making the AOE more on par with Choke.

PencileyePirate
11th Jun 2014, 06:53
... or making the AOE more on par with Choke.

I like this idea as well.

theMachineGun
11th Jun 2014, 07:08
I don't think making the AOE as big as haze, if that's what you mean, is fair since it just appears, there's no possibility of dodging it.

Saruwatari
11th Jun 2014, 08:09
I don't think making the AOE as big as haze, if that's what you mean, is fair since it just appears, there's no possibility of dodging it.

If anything, i'd rather compare it to the Alchemists Poison Vial.
But since it also heals, i'd say slightly smaller than the Alchemists Poison.

Squigiligimous
11th Jun 2014, 09:42

lolwut? No Air strike -throws- a physical projectile, there is MORE than a bit of time to dodge it. Especially with the second and a half fuse time.

Sanguise23
11th Jun 2014, 12:27
poison doesnt heal, is that what your saying?

lucinvampire
12th Jun 2014, 11:48
I finally got to play since the last patch all I can say is – THESE ABILITIES ARE SO AWESOME :D :D :D

I am super happy with the whip – I love this new skill so much – had issues with bola sometimes – but this is win – so satisfying ripping a Tyrant off a wall :) …though I am disappointed it doesn’t come with high-heels :p :)

The Disabling Curse is pretty cool too :D I think it might look better with a different colour or something for the animation to make it look a little different from the other Prophet ability that looks similar…

Had a go with the Throw too – but seemed to only throw people a couple of feet in front of me? Am I doing something wrong? It seemed awesome though! …brings back the BO2 memories :D

PencileyePirate
15th Jun 2014, 00:09
Had a go with the Throw too – but seemed to only throw people a couple of feet in front of me? Am I doing something wrong? It seemed awesome though! …brings back the BO2 memories :D

Hrmmm? Throw always goes pretty far for me, unless the player collides with a wall or something.

EmnityFrost
15th Jun 2014, 04:52
Any ETA on the next patch ??? That 4 prophet teams are getting old now :D

kLauE187
15th Jun 2014, 10:46
yep pretty boring until they fix life leech and pistols.

Psyonix_Corey
15th Jun 2014, 16:33
We have a longer patch cycle going, but I'll see what we can do about pushing a small balance patch just for Prophet changes to QA for rapid deployment this week.

EmnityFrost
15th Jun 2014, 16:37
Wow if you do that, that be great. Cause some matches are just too much of joke when there are 3 or 4 prophets, and as we can see, it's not only my observation :P Any ETA or aproximetly when the next patch will hit ? Whats the goal ?

Prime_Abstergo
18th Jun 2014, 12:48
[Prophet mode on]
Brothers and sisters! I foresee new patch full of shiny prophet skins coming out :scratch: ... THIS THURSDAY! :rolleyes:
[Prophet mode off]