PDA

View Full Version : Lara will not climb any more

slowestmike
9th Mar 2013, 16:24
I'm having trouble trying to climb rock walls. For awhile it was working fine and now when I walk up to a rock wall to climb it she just swings her climbing ax at the wall and will not climb. the wall is highlighted when I hit the objectives button is anyone having the same problem and how is this fixed.

Acelp
9th Mar 2013, 21:17
I'm having the same issue any help on this would great

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 23:08
Never heard of this before. Can you guys perhaps post a video of the problem you're experiencing?

Acelp
10th Mar 2013, 04:05
WtkP4LcOUfg

hope this works ( sry doing this all from my phone)

Driber
10th Mar 2013, 12:43
Thanks for the video, that should help the devs to pin point this problem quicker :)

Can you guys open the map and tell us what your current mission objective is?

I see Acelp is playing on 360. slowestmike, what platform are you playing on?

Also, have you guys tried reloading the last checkpoint?

Can you try to fast travel to another base camp and back?

Acelp
10th Mar 2013, 13:37
I have tried reloading the last check point and same thing happens, and that's when all of this started happening when I fast travled back to go fined collectables... And the mission I'm on is reach the smoke beacon

flamedrake
10th Mar 2013, 15:14
While it IS the Y button to use the axe in combat, attaching to the climbing walls actually uses the X button.

That never struck me as weird until now.

Acelp
10th Mar 2013, 15:36
I feel like I hit x a few times while i was trying to figure it out.... But I'll double check after work

ChandlerL
10th Mar 2013, 17:24
While it IS the Y button to use the axe in combat, attaching to the climbing walls actually uses the X button.

That never struck me as weird until now.

Indeed, I was about to mention that, on PC, at least, the "latch onto" keypress different from the "attack" keypress so I surmised it was the same with Xbox/PS3 as well.

me_et2
15th Mar 2013, 05:57
I'm having trouble trying to climb rock walls. For awhile it was working fine and now when I walk up to a rock wall to climb it she just swings her climbing ax at the wall and will not climb. the wall is highlighted when I hit the objectives button is anyone having the same problem and how is this fixed.

I am having the same problem. I also am unable to shoot flaming arrows. Could do both of these things before I fast traveled to find stuff. Have a PS3. Have tried everything from restarting to fast traveling back to last mission but still nothing. Need help. Thanks...

fadelyk
17th Mar 2013, 04:04
Same problem. I cannot get the pick axe to take hold. I am on the PC using the "E" key right?

tombraidergal
17th Mar 2013, 19:06
I'd have assumed the controls are similar to PS3? Climb and attack are different? Triangle (Y) is to attack with the axe, whilst square(X) is to hook onto walls to climb? I don't know though, I haven't had this problem.