PDA

View Full Version : Progression Stopping Bug after getting Rope Ascender

GuardianKaos
8th Mar 2013, 15:29
-spoiler-
After you reach the Endurance you have to fight three enemies, one of them being a really big guy that has the Rope Ascender. Upon killing the big guy and taking the rope ascender you are tasked with shooting the rope bundled object being held up by the crane.

:( Bug:
1. Trying to target the rope bundled object will make the reticule change from being a targetable object to a non-targetable object (reticule switches from red to white, repeatedly).
2. Shooting (when you can) at the object and using the rope ascender on it SHOULD pull the object closer to the drop point to drop the rope bundled object onto the boat, thereby breaking part of the floor for Lara to jump down. Unfortunately, the rope bundled object stays in place, in mid-air, while the crane animation still happens. (Also the noise and camera animation of the object dropping and breaking the ground happen as well, even though the object doesn't move).

:mad2: Outcome:
The object doesn't move, the ground doesn't break, I (Lara) cannot progress any further in the game.

:scratch: I've Tried:
Restarting from checkpoint
Restarting Load from the Main Menu
Restarting Game from Front End
Restarting Console

:eek: I'm playing:
Xbox 360 - Standard Edition Game

Damocles
8th Mar 2013, 16:56
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133823

And

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761

All have the bug covered and the work around for the bug. The bug sucks but it does appear the work around does work.

GuardianKaos
8th Mar 2013, 17:54
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try to do the work around(s) when I get home from work. On a side note:

How did this game pass TRC and TCR from Sony and Microsoft with at least 6 or more known Show Stopping/Progression Bugs. That alone would fail a game from being released. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but this is a bit unacceptable.

Since these are known issues, what is Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix going to do about fixing them?

Will there be a patch to fix these show stoppers?

SE_Param
8th Mar 2013, 18:38
Thank you for bring this to our attention and we will be forwarding this and investigating this issue for everyone.

Terminal Meltdown
9th Mar 2013, 02:43
nevermind. delete.