PDA

View Full Version : In Need of a PC Save Game File

floodx0r
8th Mar 2013, 02:50
I believe my save game file became corrupted between the Chasm Monastery and Shanty Town levels. Took a break from the game only to come back to find my saved game file gone, after the section where you need to drop the large bell through the floor and Lara slides down the waterfall. Stopped right there, so if anyone has a save game as close as possible to that, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Valenka
8th Mar 2013, 03:02
That stinks. :(
Have you tried GameFaqs?

JRod108
8th Mar 2013, 04:04
I'm at the campsite right after that part. I don't know the directory path to the save, however. If you could find that out, I'd be happy to PM my save file to you.

Relight-TRHQ
8th Mar 2013, 04:13
Tomb Raider saves are located in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\ (your user id) \203160\remote

Or C:\Program Files (x86)

These are the files:

profile.dat
save1.dat
save2.dat
save3.dat

save1.dat - save3.dat are the SP save slots.

profile.dat is your overall player profile and includes both SP and MP data, but doesn't include any data necessary for using a saved file from someone else.

Which is to say that profile.dat is a necessary file, but don't use someone else's profile.dat when using their save files, just keep your own profile.dat file, and don't delete it!

Of course, always backup any files you are messing around with!

JRod108
8th Mar 2013, 04:41
Ah, thanks, I've found it. I'll send him my save real quick and see what he says. I've not played any multiplayer yet, so I only have the save1.dat.

EDIT: Can't PM you yet, I think you need a certain post count or you have to be on here for a certain amount of time or something. What you can do instead is pop me an email. Just click on the Yahoo logo under my post count and I'll email you back with my save file.

floodx0r
8th Mar 2013, 07:28
Sent you an e-mail Jrod. Thanks.

JRod108
8th Mar 2013, 07:39
No problem. Let us know how it works out. :)

burhanb
8th Mar 2013, 16:15
Can someone send me the savegame file for the research base, please?
Thanks to a bug, i can replay the whole game now:mad2:

floodx0r
8th Mar 2013, 17:10
Thank you Jrod..That was the exact point I was at. You're... incredible. I may as well propose to you at this point. (:

burhanb
8th Mar 2013, 17:33
Please, anyone?

JRod108
8th Mar 2013, 21:55
Thank you Jrod..That was the exact point I was at. You're... incredible. I may as well propose to you at this point. (:

Lol, it was not problem at all. You did me a favor too. If you hadn't needed a save, then I wouldn't have learned the directory path to the TR save file so I could back it up. I've been looking for it over at the Steam forums, but there is conflicting information over there.

Which reminds me, thanks a ton Relight for the info on that. Can I suggest you stick the path somewhere on the forums so that other PC users can back up their saves? Personally, I've really lucked out in not losing my own considering I've run into two bugs that have been showstoppers for other people. I was very, very lucky to not have gotten stuck in the infinite fall loop on one of them.

Tibs
9th Mar 2013, 00:21
I know the save-game system works as auto-save but, where does it save the game? Where is the savegamefile located ?
I tried to google this information before I was going to ask you guys, so you couldn't say that I haven't tried at all.
Thanks in advance ! :gamer:

Keiichi81
9th Mar 2013, 00:25
Assuming you're on the PC, the save file is in your .../Steam/userdata/.../203160/remote folder.

Tibs
9th Mar 2013, 00:34
Assuming you're on the PC, the save file is in your .../Steam/userdata/.../203160/remote folder.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I meant PC. And thank you very much!

BR4DDERS1986
9th Mar 2013, 04:32
Please, anyone?

TR Save - Reasearch Base.rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/1488833335/TR%20Save%20-%20Reasearch%20Base.rar)

This save is right at the start of the Research Base, I have only collected the first Relic.

snowybell
9th Mar 2013, 05:31
Hi, i have the same problem, i was @ Shantytown too, right before the ancient gate, particularly at this point below.

the part where the old man jumps down and if i remember correctly the name, Roth turns up with a sniper rifle.

I've had up to Tier 3 skills (not fully mastered of course), a fully upgraded bow at that point, fully upgraded pistol, i didn't touch my shotgun or rifle yet, it would be really heart-wrenching to start from scratch.

Any save file even at Shantytown would be appreciated, i wouldn't mind the fire arrow introduction again. :D

Thank you so much. Anyone with the save, if you could just email me with it, is greatly appreciated.

sjpatrik
9th Mar 2013, 06:29
Hello I'm in need of a save game file at around 44% in the game due to my save being corrupted and all progress lost.. Does anyone have a backup? Thanks in advance.

I'm playing the pc version of the game.

My last save was is in the ◾solarii fortress

burhanb
9th Mar 2013, 12:36
Thank you so much BR4DDERS1986! You saved my day!:smiliie:

BarryXX
9th Mar 2013, 12:37
Can anyone help me with a savegame starting at shipwreck beach? I'm at 77% percent right now and the game glitched. Need to search for the survivors camp, but they're all out and nothing happens at the yellow marker at the PT boat... :(

PS: The above savegame works fine by me, except then I'll miss a level. ;)

BR4DDERS1986
9th Mar 2013, 13:49
Thank you so much BR4DDERS1986! You saved my day!:smiliie:

No problem.

Can anyone help me with a savegame starting at shipwreck beach? I'm at 77% percent right now and the game glitched. Need to search for the survivors camp, but they're all out and nothing happens at the yellow marker at the PT boat... :(

Unfortunately I have finished the game, it was only a lucky coincidence I saw the post burhanb made about 30 minutes before I entered the Research Base.

You could try going to the pirate ship here:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1226/tombraider2013030913425.jpg

It will trigger a mission for Reyes (she is supposed to tell you when you meet at the camp), you have to find a block and tackle to fix a boat.

That's the way I did it, it wasn't bugged for me I was just exploring before going to the camp and triggered it.

When I got back to the camp Jonah took it off me and I knew by the dialog I had missed the original cut scene.

snowybell
9th Mar 2013, 14:06
Hi, i have the same problem, i was @ Shantytown too, right before the ancient gate, particularly at this point below.

the part where the old man jumps down and if i remember correctly the name, Roth turns up with a sniper rifle.

I've had up to Tier 3 skills (not fully mastered of course), a fully upgraded bow at that point, fully upgraded pistol, i didn't touch my shotgun or rifle yet, it would be really heart-wrenching to start from scratch.

Any save file even at Shantytown would be appreciated, i wouldn't mind the fire arrow introduction again. :D

Thank you so much. Anyone with the save, if you could just email me with it, is greatly appreciated.

Shrensh
9th Mar 2013, 14:21

I have a save at the Summit Forest (I believe it's about 65% complete) if you want it. All thee saves in the file are at the same location.

http://rapidshare.com/files/86873080/203160.zip

PS - If you decide to quick travel, ignore the quest marker above the Forest Ruins quick travel location, it's bugged. Just follow the quest marker in the Summit Forest area to go through the wolf cave.

sjpatrik
9th Mar 2013, 15:09
Thank you Shrensh for sharing your save-file you saved my day! :D

Shrensh
9th Mar 2013, 19:26
You're welcome :)

BarryXX
10th Mar 2013, 08:30
Thanks all! :worship::thumb:

mughalsunny
10th Mar 2013, 13:49
please please anyone give me save game on 50% done please give i need my file damage :(

floodx0r
10th Mar 2013, 16:01
please please anyone give me save game on 50% done please give i need my file damage :(

It may help to mention what level you're on because the percentage is based off collectibles etc.

Shrensh
10th Mar 2013, 16:02
What bit of the game are you on? If you let me know where you are, I can have a look and see if I have a save anywhere near it.

Krazedirish
10th Mar 2013, 16:23
Anyone have a save around 25%? My game got stuck teleporting out of the Exterior base.

krolle
10th Mar 2013, 18:31
Looking for a save somewhere near the assault on the Mountain Temple/Fortress or whatever it is called. I had just picked up the grenade launcher for the AK.

Apparently Steam had some issues. It gave me error prompts which I closed and continued playing. It looked like everything was ok, no warnings about not being able to save progress. Though when I exited the game I noticed Steam was not running.
Then the next day when I resumed the game my last 5 hours of progress were lost. I'm using Steam cloud so I guess it just overwrote my newer local save with the latest uploaded one. Really annoying. There wasn't any warning or anything.

If someone can help it would really make my day!

Shrensh
10th Mar 2013, 20:24
Here's a save at the first day camp after getting the grenade launcher:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2647666235/Solarii%20Fortress%20Day%20Camp.zip

patele
10th Mar 2013, 22:45
I need a savegame of the beginning of Geothermal Cavernes or Cavern Entrance. Would be a great if someone can help me. ;)

Shrensh
10th Mar 2013, 23:37
Geothermal Caverns PC save (https://rapidshare.com/#!download|858p1|523615196|Geothermal%20Caverns.zip|228|0|0)

The one in the middle (44%) is at the day camp right at the beginning of the Geothermal Caverns.

patele
11th Mar 2013, 00:57
Thx a lot, exactly what I needed. =) :flowers:

mughalsunny
11th Mar 2013, 09:38
It may help to mention what level you're on because the percentage is based off collectibles etc.

mission (discover the truth behind the island unnatrural weather)just open the climb up door and crashes :mad2: :(

mughalsunny
11th Mar 2013, 18:10
thanks friends i end the game And I survive like A born survivor ;) :thumb: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Eym
13th Mar 2013, 18:55
Hi, guys, I'm currently stuck at the Sanctuary of Abyss (or Abyss Sanctuary, I play the game in french..), and I experienced this bug:

pteinr_Tombraiderbug.png

I tried to fast travel from the nearest fire camp, but I can't go back to this location. Does one of you have a save that could help me? I was at 71% completion, I i don't really mind for the equipment (maybe except for the bow that was 100%). Thanks alot guys! It's really frustrating to get stuck this close to the end!

Eym
13th Mar 2013, 19:04
It's actually called "Chasm Shrine" in english (sorry)

Arhkos
13th Mar 2013, 19:26
Hi !

I usually play TombRaider on my computer, windows 7/HD 7770.
But today i want to play on another computer, i reinstalled the game and now I am searching for the save files of the game to copy it on my other computer but i have nothing in Appdata and Mydocument Folder. Where are them :( ?

Relight-TRHQ
13th Mar 2013, 19:38
Hey Arhkos, welcome to the forum!

I merged your thread with this one, check out the fourth post in this thread for information! :)

Direct link: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1875350#post1875350

Shrensh
13th Mar 2013, 19:40
They should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[user ID]\203160.

If Steam Cloud is enabled you should be able to download the saves to your new computer.

Arhkos
13th Mar 2013, 20:13
Ty dude, ur awesome :)

Shrensh
13th Mar 2013, 23:48
Hi, guys, I'm currently stuck at the Sanctuary of Abyss (or Abyss Sanctuary, I play the game in french..), and I experienced this bug:

pteinr_Tombraiderbug.png

I tried to fast travel from the nearest fire camp, but I can't go back to this location. Does one of you have a save that could help me? I was at 71% completion, I i don't really mind for the equipment (maybe except for the bow that was 100%). Thanks alot guys! It's really frustrating to get stuck this close to the end!

I don't have a save near here myself at the moment, but Stella has uploaded some PC save files to her site that should be useful:
http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html

fobdor
15th Mar 2013, 05:22
So I'm playing tomb raider from steam when steam apparently crashed in the background. Now when I go back into the game my progress is a lot further back than where I was. Does the game save files to an alternate location from which I can restore or is steam completely responsible for handling saves and you're screwed if it crashes when you're not looking? Not using the cloud sync if that matters because on a previous day steam cloud synced my game about 15% backwards.

Relight-TRHQ
15th Mar 2013, 05:26
You can switch save slots while playing in order to have backup games in case of a crash that affects your current slot.

You can also backup your games manually from C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\(your_user_id)\203160\remote

I've merged your thread with another one here, there is some handy info in the fourth post!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1875350&postcount=4

jidhinjames
12th Apr 2013, 20:47
Hey peeps,

I accidentally overwrote a new game on top of my previous save game :mad2: lost all my progress and went right to the start. I cannot even think of playing all the way from the start again :(

I would really appreciate if someone could send me a save game file or give me a link from where I could download one of summit forest or solarii fortress. I was somewhere at 48 percent of the game.

Hoping to get a reply soon.
Thanks

Relight-TRHQ
12th Apr 2013, 21:00
I would really appreciate if someone could send me a save game file or give me a link from where I could download one of summit forest or solarii fortress. I was somewhere at 48 percent of the game.
Remember, the % depends not JUST on story progress. The % includes all the collectibles (including GPS caches) and challenges.

That said, you might find a saved game to help you here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135407

Sorry to hear you lost your save, and I hope this helps :)