PDA

View Full Version : Any real information about what is being done about these bugs!?

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 02:13
I am sick and tired of looking on these forums and nobody is keeping us informed about what they are working on exactly. I don't want to sit here and assume that they are aware of every bug that has been listed in this forum... I want a representative to inform us every step of the way. It is the least they could do for us fans who plunk down hard earned money to have a wonderful gaming experience JUST to have it cut short by game breaking bugs that render us unable to progress further in the experience.

Personally, I payed $100.00 for the Collector's Edition, and I would like for someone to give us more in-depth information every step of the way instead of keeping us in the dark.

Anyone hear ANYTHING worth while? Not just whether or not they "have escalated the situation" crap...

Spacecraft
8th Mar 2013, 02:31
I am sick and tired of looking on these forums and nobody is keeping us informed about what they are working on exactly. I don't want to sit here and assume that they are aware of every bug that has been listed in this forum... I want a representative to inform us every step of the way. It is the least they could do for us fans who plunk down hard earned money to have a wonderful gaming experience JUST to have it cut short by game breaking bugs that render us unable to progress further in the experience.

Personally, I payed $100.00 for the Collector's Edition, and I would like for someone to give us more in-depth information every step of the way instead of keeping us in the dark.

Anyone hear ANYTHING worth while? Not just whether or not they "have escalated the situation" crap...

Last night they released a patch. AFAIK they had to pull it because it was corrupting player profiles. Since then they seem to have deleted all evidence of this patch coming out. O_o

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 02:35
Last night they released a patch. AFAIK they had to pull it because it was corrupting player profiles. Since then they seem to have deleted all evidence of this patch coming out. O_o

I heard about that. It was for PC though, right?
I need to hear more about what they are doing for the consoles as well...

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 02:40
So much for caring about the customers...

I have never heard SO LITTLE when there is SO MUCH wrong...

MyBodyIsReady
8th Mar 2013, 02:51
They have to be working on one and it must be pretty big because this game is an absolute joke at the minute but yeah, an update would be nice.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 02:56
Tell me about it... Any bug that halts normal gameplay is unforgivable...

Relight-TRHQ
8th Mar 2013, 02:58
This probably doesn't really help, but remember that it is only 2 days after the game has been released. I am sure that when there are game breaking bugs as have been reported, a publisher is not just going to ignore them. They must have their hands full gathering all the reports people are making, prioritizing the bugs, and getting to work putting fixes into patches and title updates. I'm sure they would want to release updates as soon as they can. At the same time, it makes sense that they probably want to be practical about it. I can imagine they wouldn't want to release an update that will cause more problems, as was apparently the case with the PC patch they released and then retracted. As well, from my limited knowledge of title updates, it sounds like patches on Steam are easy, but I've read that to release a title update requires some sort of certification process, and publishers are charged every time they release a title update - is that true? If that's true, then it makes sense that they would want to try and get as many bugs as possible, while also being timely due to the problems.

I don't think there's much that anyone can say until we hear some official news. It's never a great situation when people are experiencing bugs like the ones being reported, especially critical ones. I just think that a bit of patience isn't a bad thing. I understand the frustration since I myself have NVIDIA issues, but as I said, it's only 2 days after the game has been released. I can only imagine how busy they are. I don't think they are twiddling their thumbs or ignoring the situation, I would guess that they will give us an update as soon as they have good information to convey.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 03:03
This probably doesn't really help, but remember that it is only 2 days after the game has been released. I am sure that when there are game breaking bugs as have been reported, a publisher is not just going to ignore them. They must have their hands full gathering all the reports people are making, prioritizing the bugs, and getting to work putting fixes into patches and title updates. I'm sure they would want to release updates as soon as they can. At the same time, it makes sense that they probably want to be practical about it. I can imagine they wouldn't want to release an update that will cause more problems, as was apparently the case with the PC patch they released and then retracted. As well, from my limited knowledge of title updates, it sounds like patches on Steam are easy, but I've read that to release a title update requires some sort of certification process, and publishers are charged every time they release a title update - is that true? If that's true, then it makes sense that they would want to try and get as many bugs as possible, while also being timely due to the problems.

I don't think there's much that anyone can say until we hear some official news. It's never a great situation when people are experiencing bugs like the ones being reported, especially critical ones. I just think that a bit of patience isn't a bad thing. I understand the frustration since I myself have NVIDIA issues, but as I said, it's only 2 days after the game has been released. I can only imagine how busy they are. I don't think they are twiddling their thumbs or ignoring the situation, I would guess that they will give us an update as soon as they have good information to convey.

You are exactly right... And part of me knows this... It is just.... I want to play their WONDERFUL game (aside from the problems, of course). The game was really phenomenal for me up until the problem occurred.... I'm a fan of this game, regardless... A part of me just wants to be babied... LMAO!

I will be busy with 'Ni No Kuni' until they get this patch out...

MyBodyIsReady
8th Mar 2013, 03:05
Release day bugs are normal but how a game can be released with so many game breaking bugs is mind boggling. This is probably the buggiest game i have played this gen its shocking but i do understand taking time with a patch because they cost 40 odd grand on PS3 so i heard anyway i just hope its not to long.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 03:11
Besides Bethesda games, yes...

This is the buggiest "polished" game I have ever played, if that makes sense.

What I am trying to say is: for a predominantly linear adventure game (not a side-quest heavy, completely open-world RPG), the bug amounts are insane...

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 03:11
Hey all,

I can say without question that we are reading the boards and gathering information. I'm doing my best to get on here, too, and send off reports to the team on a nightly basis. We genuinely want you to have the best experience possible with Tomb Raider.

If any of you have a moment, it would be super helpful if you could fill out a ticket on our support site. We've got a handful of staff who can keep an eye on the forums and communicate here, but it is really helpful to have these issues logged in the system with a deeper breakdown of the issue. It helps us come to a resolution quicker.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
Click on the “contact” button
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”
Click “Next” again
This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
Fill out the required information and click “Next”
Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

Thank you for hanging in there!

MyBodyIsReady
8th Mar 2013, 03:23
For me Skyrim and Fallout where perfect in comparison to this, this is the only game i have owned that has corrupted my PS3 4 times in a row and reset my multiplayer stats in the same hour now i can't complete the first level without it locking up my system and i can get maybe half a multiplayer match before it locks up *sigh* I had been looking forward to this game for a long time :(

MyBodyIsReady
8th Mar 2013, 03:34
What is a DXDiag? I can't find it.

*Never mind wasn't needed, Thanks for the link.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 05:07
Hey all,

I can say without question that we are reading the boards and gathering information. I'm doing my best to get on here, too, and send off reports to the team on a nightly basis. We genuinely want you to have the best experience possible with Tomb Raider.

If any of you have a moment, it would be super helpful if you could fill out a ticket on our support site. We've got a handful of staff who can keep an eye on the forums and communicate here, but it is really helpful to have these issues logged in the system with a deeper breakdown of the issue. It helps us come to a resolution quicker.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”
Click “Next” again

You are amazing! Thank you!!!
Want to grab a bite sometime? ;)

Spacecraft
8th Mar 2013, 06:44
You are amazing! Thank you!!!
Want to grab a bite sometime? ;)

:hmm: That isn't weird.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 07:01
:hmm: That isn't weird.

I was kidding, mang.

She is a freaking dream... AND she is famous...

Just a joke. lol

Aziz
8th Mar 2013, 14:26
You are exactly right... And part of me knows this... It is just.... I want to play their WONDERFUL game (aside from the problems, of course). The game was really phenomenal for me up until the problem occurred.... I'm a fan of this game, regardless... A part of me just wants to be babied... LMAO!

I will be busy with 'Ni No Kuni' until they get this patch out...

Ni No Kuni is awesome. I have only one alchemy mission left tho :(
And Ni No Kuni is a massive game with zero problems :)
I understand that games have bugs and glitches, but this bug that stops you from playing the story further could have been avoided with simple solutions.

MyBodyIsReady
8th Mar 2013, 15:51
So the reply i got was to delete the game data which i have done like 10 times and if that's not causing the issue to try on a friends PS3, i'll do this today and if it don't work on theirs then its a faulty disc. I hope i can get a full refund from the retailers if it is faulty, usually they only give you half if its been opened but i'm not accepting that if the disc is broke.

Braanu
8th Mar 2013, 16:04
MeaganMarie,

While I appreciate you taking the time to write a post to us, it contains NOTHING of any info to help us.

Please, go back to your superiors, and ask them for a little nugget of something to placate us.

How about telling us what was IN THE PATCH that was retracted? That would give us some CLUE as to what the team is working on that is their highest priorities, or at least maybe the quickest items to fix? Anything. ANYTHING is better than "we're working on it".

We KNOW you're working on it. If you don't nobody will buy any titles from you in the future. We need to know WHAT you're working on. We don't need all the details, just something thrown our way.

What we've gotten, bought, and seen since is simply awful management, testing, and marketing.

EDIT: Correction, marketing did their job. That's obvious. They got thousands of us to buy a game that wasn't properly tested. What'd you do to your testing crew? Give them a guide saying, "Here is a list of the steps you need to take to beat our roller coaster of a game. Don't deviate from those steps any. We wouldn't want to find some game breaking thing we have to go back and fix if you don't complete every step in the missions as the Dev's intended them to be done. We need to go Gold in a week, so don't give us extra work."

Rider
8th Mar 2013, 16:19
^ Well i have to say that i agree with you but at the same time you are taking this all very serious.
If Meagan is saying that they are working on Patch than i don't have any reason to not believe her.
And please guys don't think that EVERY bug will be fixed with first patch! Because it will not be like that. They will have to work much more to fix all the bugs ppl are reporting.

I am just mad at myself because i couldn't wait and even though i ordered Collectors Edition one month ago i couldn't wait for it and i spend my money for digital steam version but it's my foult! I should just wait for my CE maybe Patch will be released till March 10th for example??

I don't know maybe i expected too much? I have to say that i was very happy when they announced that Nixxes are working on PC version because every game they did in the past they were very good PC ports without problems! This time though something went wrong and it happens to be my favourite game which bothers me a lot but anyone who works makes mistakes so this is normal.

For now i am going back to DmC and my 3rd play also i will play Vergil's Downfall DLC, maybe there will be TR Patch in next few days...

Braanu
8th Mar 2013, 16:27
^ Well i have to say that i agree with you but at the same time you are taking this all very serious.
If Meagan is saying that they are working on Patch than i don't have any reason to not believe her.
And please guys don't think that EVERY bug will be fixed with first patch! Because it will not be like that. They will have to work much more to fix all the bugs ppl are reporting.

I do believe they are working on a patch. As I said in my post, if they didn't then nobody would be buying future titles from them.

And I don't expect EVERY bug to be fixed in the first patch. Never did I say that. Part of the reason I want to know what was IN THE REMOVED PATCH is to know what their priorities of what is getting patched first might be. Or what is getting fixed first because it's an easy fix.

What we've got now is a buggy game, a game full of 10+ game BREAKING bugs, and just being told it's being worked on. Not what is being worked on. No clue at all.

I don't know about you, but I played about 1 hr maybe 1.5 hrs of my game, got COMPLETELY STUCK UNABLE TO ADVANCE MY GAME AT ALL at the point when you upgrade the freaking pry tool pickaxe.

Don't you understand how freaking early in the game it was that my progress was STOPPED by a GAME BREAKING BUG?

I appreciate if you've gotten to enjoy you're game. For me, I bought it days ago and cannot play it.

I'm stuck waiting for patch(es). I want to know how long I'm going to have to wait.

Along with SimCity being a ***** too, this week has turned out to be crap for gaming.

Elicas
8th Mar 2013, 16:32
Hey all,

Creating a Ticket
Click “Next” again

Thanks for the contact, though I'd prefer something more concrete.

Can we at least have some official word on the prevalent "Cannot launch from steam" critical error? Not even being able to launch the game I paid for due to what seems to be the crime of owning an Nvidia card, is mind bogglingly poor.

Rider
8th Mar 2013, 16:39
I do believe they are working on a patch. As I said in my post, if they didn't then nobody would be buying future titles from them.

And I don't expect EVERY bug to be fixed in the first patch. Never did I say that. Part of the reason I want to know what was IN THE REMOVED PATCH is to know what their priorities of what is getting patched first might be. Or what is getting fixed first because it's an easy fix.

What we've got now is a buggy game, a game full of 10+ game BREAKING bugs, and just being told it's being worked on. Not what is being worked on. No clue at all.

I don't know about you, but I played about 1 hr maybe 1.5 hrs of my game, got COMPLETELY STUCK UNABLE TO ADVANCE MY GAME AT ALL at the point when you upgrade the freaking pry tool pickaxe.

Don't you understand how freaking early in the game it was that my progress was STOPPED by a GAME BREAKING BUG?

I appreciate if you've gotten to enjoy you're game. For me, I bought it days ago and cannot play it.

I'm stuck waiting for patch(es). I want to know how long I'm going to have to wait.

Along with SimCity being a ***** too, this week has turned out to be crap for gaming.

I played 2 hours and like i said before i stopped playing the game. Didn't experience any gamebraking bug but: Can't get full effects on fullscreen, i have huge fps drops in same area it goes from 40-45 to 25 fps which is unplayable for me and TressFX is giving me 5 fps during cutscenes.

TheBlade
8th Mar 2013, 16:55
Show a little respect to the developers, yes the game is buggy. If you encountered a game breaking bug instead of waiting all you can do is restart the game from scratch, I've done it 3 times but I don't mind but to be fair. It's unlikely a patch is going to fix it since it's directly loading the glitch from the save, it's most likely permanent.

I think that the PC performance issues have to be fixed by Nixxes who are working with AMD/Nvidia, any other game breaking bugs which are happening cross the platforms have to be fixed by Crystal Dynamics who handle the core SKU on the Xbox 360 which Nixxes can then implemented into both the PS3/PC versions and then issuing a patch. Atleast i think that's how it is working.

It's quite a lengthy process since different studios are handling different things but I guess they are working as fast as they can. Fixing one thing can potentially break another thing which is why the patch was withdrawn. They fixed something and it broke something else. Every time a patch is made it has to be thoroughly tested so we'll have to wait but eventually, it will be there.

The quickest option is to restart the game.

dany00711
8th Mar 2013, 18:02
on eidos are sleeping still no patch for pc

TheBlade
8th Mar 2013, 18:10
on eidos are sleeping still no patch for pc

Actually, Eidos/SE are just the publishers. The developers are Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes and no patches can be released unless they are completed by Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes so how is this Eidos' fault? Don't be so ignorant by saying they are sleeping, nobody is sleeping and work is not over for ANY of them, they are still working on the game and it has been confirmed that patches/bug investigation is in progress. Show some respect and stop being so ignorant.

dany00711
8th Mar 2013, 18:53
ok sorry :worship:

Driber
8th Mar 2013, 19:12
We're closing this, because obviously these sorts of threads will only lead to arguments and splitting players into "pro-dev" and "anti-dev" camps, as we've seen happen.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear folks are having these issues, but putting unnecessary pressure on the devs by posting angry and/or demanding posts isn't going to help anyone. I'm sure the devs already feel a lot of pressure to try and get this wonderful game out to everyone in fully working conditions and are working their butts off trying to make this happen.

Please be patient and wait for patch/TU info. It is simply not possible to keep everyone updated every step of the way on the patch/TU progress.

Meanwhile, keep posting constructive posts about the bugs you experience and try to be as detailed as possible. Including images and/or videos in your posts usually help a lot!

And as been said many times, please do fill in support tickets on the official support pages to help out the devs to locate and fix the issues quicker.

Thank you :)