PDA

View Full Version : Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Pages : [1] 2

MeaganMarie
15th Feb 2013, 23:10
Update 3/19

Hey guys,

Quick update: This issue was prevented in Title Update #2. The team is putting a lot of effort into finding a solution for those of you who have already experienced it, but we’re not sure just yet when the next Title Update will go live. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth waiting for a potential fix to this issue, or if you’d like to restart the game. We greatly apologize for the problem.

----
Hello everyone,

We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Block & Tackle” bug.

This is a rare bug caused by using a rowboat to bypass a cinematic and the galleon mission, making it impossible for the user to get the compound bow. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring in new playthroughs in our next title update. We are still investigating a fix that addresses the problem for those of you who have already encountered the bug.

However until the next title update is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of Title Update #2: LIVE

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Press the ESC key to open the Pause Menu and click on “Change Save Slot”.
2. Look at the three slots and choose an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
3. Click on the slot to confirm saving in that slot, and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data, confirm that you wish to overwrite the save data in that slot by choosing "Yes" in the pop-up.
4. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the ESC key.

Bug specifics below:

This is a bug during the chapters “The Fast Way Down” or “A Pirate’s Life” in the “Shipwreck Beach” in which Lara is gathering the Block & Tackle for Jonah. The user is able to bring the rowboat to the wreckage beside the dock on the way to the Endurance, and use it to climb the rock wall without activating the first cinematic or going to the galleon. The user will not be able to progress past the second galleon wreck and will be forced to return to the survivor base camp. However, the user will no longer be able to get the compound bow, which halts them from progressing to then Endurance mission. This issue cannot be fixed by fast traveling or reloading from a checkpoint.

Driber
16th Feb 2013, 13:14
I'm adding a PS3 save that was requested by some members.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=175&d=1362923629

This is the closest save to the beach that I have. It's the last shoot-out at the cable karts. Kill the baddies and make your way through the last bit of the cable karts to get to the beach.

Remember, you can't unlock trophies when using someone else's save file. And remember that this is a temporary work-around I'm providing on a voluntary basis (one fan to another) while the devs get this issue sorted. This is NOT meant to be a fix. I'm just providing this for those who are stuck in the pirate's life mission and don't want to wait for a fix but continue the story without having to replay from scratch.

Put the attached zipfile onto a USB stick and copy it to your PS3. Be sure to first make a backup of your own save files!

Edit: It has been confirmed that the save game works on EU versions of the game / console and that it does not work on NA versions.

Cascade
2nd Mar 2013, 23:04
Hello TR Forumites :)

Just wanted to drop a thread to explain an unfortunate bug I've encountered that has had the nasty effect of preventing me from progressing through the rest of the core game.

I am at Shipwreck Beach with the rest of the survivors, and Reyes is trying to fix the tug boat. However it was discovered that they needed a block & tackle to help lift the engine.... so I got one, then the objective said "Find Jonah and bring him the block & tackle".. so I did, or rather [and this is where the bug manifests itself] I tried, when I returned to him, he just blabbered on about misc things then said "we should get back to work" [I did actually enjoy the conversation, I'm just frustrated].. and when I use Instinct Mode to pave the path for me on where I should go, it points right to the camp beside him, but there is nothing there that can be used. Initially, they were saying I need to go find Alex on the Endurance, but I've no idea where that is and the objective is still telling me, I need to give J the block & tackle. -_-

Problem: Am unable to give Jonah the block & tackle after recovering such.

Potential Solutions Tried:
Go to different area of island and come back to talk to Jonah - FAIL
Use 'Reload Checkpoint' to 'refresh?' the game - FAIL
Return to Main Menu, then reload game - FAIL
Go to town on Jonah with pick axe - SUCCESS.. in therapeutic purposes
Restart the game ALL. OVER. AGAIN - This is not a solution for me, since much as I like the game, I don't want to have to play everything all over again to this point, find all those collectibles etc, only to get back to this point and find the SAME PROBLEM potentially occur - NOT A SOLUTION

Thanks for reading.

I hope a workable solution becomes known and soon, I'd love to finish this game~!:D

Tecstar70
2nd Mar 2013, 23:17
Is this the same area as the Rope Ascender bug?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761

Cascade
2nd Mar 2013, 23:22
With seeing barely anything of the area aside from the coast line, I'm going to say a hesitant yes, this looks like something that will likely be taking place just after I finish the current objective I'm on........ with a bit of luck when/if I pass this glitch, I don't run into 'that' one. D:

Chrnochan
3rd Mar 2013, 00:51
Is this the same area as the Rope Ascender bug?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133761

It's a bit early in the game, but yes it's in the same area (the beach)

Cascade
3rd Mar 2013, 06:45
Anyone have any solutions? Preferably one that does not require restarting the game?

This seems like an isolated incident since I've seen people making posts claiming to have finished the game, but then others have stumbled upon that bow glitch on the boat which also seems insurmountable.

Really hoping for a solution here. D:

TranceTrouble
3rd Mar 2013, 09:01
Anyone have any solutions? Preferably one that does not require restarting the game?

This seems like an isolated incident since I've seen people making posts claiming to have finished the game, but then others have stumbled upon that bow glitch on the boat which also seems insurmountable.

Really hoping for a solution here. D:

lol it is not a bug, you actually have to find Alex on the Endurance, which is located on the northwest of the beach side. ;)

Cascade
3rd Mar 2013, 22:56
lol it is not a bug, you actually have to find Alex on the Endurance, which is located on the northwest of the beach side. ;)

No, it IS a bug. I just did a youtube search, found where I am in the game, and after getting the block & tackle there is suppose to be a cutscene where Lara gives it to Jonah... which did NOT happen, therefore, stopping me from progressing, this IS a bug. :V

Vipeddie
5th Mar 2013, 11:56
I am stuck too! I must of skip an important cut scene. I did not enter the survivors camp instead I found a boat which you can pull and continue on. I did manage to find a tomb where the water was electrify and proceed on. After wards, I am on top of a sunken ship and that is where I am stuck. Anyone else has the same issue?

Tecstar70
5th Mar 2013, 12:06
I am stuck too! I must of skip an important cut scene. I did not enter the survivors camp instead I found a boat which you can pull and continue on. I did manage to find a tomb where the water was electrify and proceed on. After wards, I am on top of a sunken ship and that is where I am stuck. Anyone else has the same issue?

Can you be a bit more specific on where you are stuck and what you are trying to do. What does Survival Instinct indicate?

Vipeddie
5th Mar 2013, 14:31
Can you be a bit more specific on where you are stuck and what you are trying to do. What does Survival Instinct indicate?

I made a video on YouTube. Check it out

upLfdE0qILs

It is frustrating!

Agent74
5th Mar 2013, 21:56
Went along the beach rather than going with my friends and regroup I assume they were fixing the boat. Through the beach a wooden boat pushed it around until I reached the other sided of the beach. I went back to my friends and got the tool. Nothing happens, this is where I am stuck. Instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it, nothing happens...what should I do?

Chr0n0s
6th Mar 2013, 13:37
Edit by Driber:
To clarify - this bug is also called "a pirate's life bug" and "Block & Tackle bug".
I've edited the thread title to make it more clear.
/edit

It happens on the Shipwreck Beach during mission "Reach the Galleon". I climb to the top of the ship, but because my instinct is marked the other side of the ship i try to jump over the big crack. I fall to the ocean an died. But after reload, the anchor and the huge mast is not in its original place, and i don't have the important mission item. Now the game is totally stuck, no way to continue the story.

Here's a video, about the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZHWI2l0w

Vipeddie
6th Mar 2013, 13:54
It happens on the Shipwreck Beach during mission "Reach the Galleon". I climb to the top of the ship, but because my instinct is marked the other side of the ship i try to jump over the big crack. I fall to the ocean an died. But after reload, the anchor and the huge mast is not in its original place, and i don't have the important mission item. Now the game is totally stuck, no way to continue the story.

I have the same bug too! What is going on man, really frustrating!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upLfdE0qILs

lkuro
6th Mar 2013, 14:38
hey, guys i'm kinda stuck, i'm doing the " a pirate's life" mission in the new tomb raider, and theres something odd not happening, i've got the items i need to give to jona, but when i return the cut scene doesnt happen, instead i heard them telling me to go look for alex instead.

i dont know if this is because i started to explore too much and skipped something or its a bug, but i'm stuck because i cannot proceed with the game as i need the new bow to get to the next area. can someone help me with this?

Vipeddie
6th Mar 2013, 14:50
hey, guys i'm kinda stuck, i'm doing the " a pirate's life" mission in the new tomb raider, and theres something odd not happening, i've got the items i need to give to jona, but when i return the cut scene doesnt happen, instead i heard them telling me to go look for alex instead.

i dont know if this is because i started to explore too much and skipped something or its a bug, but i'm stuck because i cannot proceed with the game as i need the new bow to get to the next area. can someone help me with this?

Your not the only one, I am stuck too :(

Avikus
6th Mar 2013, 19:37
I'm the EXACT situation (Xbox 360). What happen is that when I went exploring after I got the block, I move the floating boat and decided to climb up and explore ... that trigger me to hear a message saying that I need to find Alex in that region.

When I explored too far (where the video stops) I back up and try to trigger the scene where you get a stronger weapon. I am afraid that at this point I'll have to restart the game.

Vipeddie
6th Mar 2013, 21:31
I'm the EXACT situation (Xbox 360). What happen is that when I went exploring after I got the block, I move the floating boat and decided to climb up and explore ... that trigger me to hear a message saying that I need to find Alex in that region.

When I explored too far (where the video stops) I back up and try to trigger the scene where you get a stronger weapon. I am afraid that at this point I'll have to restart the game.

Same thing happen to me! Come on, can we get an answer already? Who is the owner/responsible for this forum?,,

Tecstar70
6th Mar 2013, 21:35
Same thing happen to me! Come on, can we get an answer already? Who is the owner/responsible for this forum?,,

CD are monitoring this forum and I am sure that they are looking at all reported issues. When you think about how many people are playing the game and there are only 2 maybe 3 or even 4 people who have reported the problem it may be difficult to reproduce and track down.

My advice to people is to use multiple save files so you don't have to start again if something goes wrong.

Vipeddie
6th Mar 2013, 21:45
Shipwreck beach is where I am stuck. There is a camp near by which I must of pass by not knowing what to do. There was a mini boat that I can push around. I made it to the hill and completed a tomb side quest. As I went back into the camp, there was no cut scene which would give me a compound bow. (I watch YouTube walkthrough) I did get the tool, nothing happens ... The instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it and nothing happens! I reload the check point, no solution. I need an answer, will there be a patch or something?

NO WAY IN HELL I WILL RESTART THE STORY. I FOUND MANY JOURNALS, CHEST, CRATES... ETC UPGRADED WEAPONS ETC,:mad2:

Raphamon
6th Mar 2013, 21:47
CD are monitoring this forum and I am sure that they are looking at all reported issues. When you think about how many people are playing the game and there are only 2 maybe 3 or even 4 people who have reported the problem it may be difficult to reproduce and track down.

My advice to people is to use multiple save files so you don't have to start again if something goes wrong.

The problem is not everyone who plays the game reports their bug run-ins here. Crystal Dynamics will have to keep an eye on any and all websites that contain forums which talk about this game. That is pretty much impossible to do, but my point is you may only think 3 or 4 people are experiencing this bug when in fact there could be thousands of people out there having this issue.

Dehumanizer
6th Mar 2013, 22:01

Oh they better be monitoring these forums and other bug reports because this is unacceptable. We, the consumers, are able to find a gigantic gamebreaker simply by exploring the area. Just by using the rope arrow to pull the boat to the crackly wall and climbing up, instead of blindly running from objective marker to objective marker. I would LOVE to use an alternate save file, really, but i can't and why can't i? Because there is no manual save function - it's all checkpoint based! Usually i collect over 50 seperate save files per game just because i want to avoid these situations or because i want to replay different sections of a game. All that wouldn't be so bad if the game would store the save files SOMEWHERE in the usual locations on my hard drive(My Games\-GAME-\Saves or \Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\-GAME-\Saves or in the Steam folder) so i could restore an older version of the folder but noooo, the saves are nowhere to be found. Even if they fix the bug within an acceptable time frame(Sunday evening), it will probably not retroactively fix the triggered quest state and thus be useless to anyone already plagued by the bug. That's approx. 12 Hrs down the drain.
Besides the aweful quick time events i really like the new direction tomb raider is taking but right now, i'm really mad and not a happy customer.

Vipeddie
6th Mar 2013, 22:02
I played the game twice!
First glitch/bug, I was stuck at shipwreck beach! I read the forum and the only way to solve this problem was to restart the game. Which I did restart the game...
Here I am free falling and cannot replay the checkpoint because I end up free falling out of nowhere! Now I am stuck!

Eidos, how can I get full refund if I cannot complete the game! I am very upset and my local retail store does not take unopened games back! Who should I contact? P.s. I will post this thread every hour just to get an answer!

Raphamon
6th Mar 2013, 22:26
I played the game twice!
First glitch/bug, I was stuck at shipwreck beach! I read the forum and the only way to solve this problem was to restart the game. Which I did restart the game...
Here I am free falling and cannot replay the checkpoint because I end up free falling out of nowhere! Now I am stuck!

Eidos, how can I get full refund if I cannot complete the game! I am very upset and my local retail store does not take unopened games back! Who should I contact? P.s. I will post this thread every hour just to get an answer!

I know how you feel. Video games are expensive as hell in my country. I paid R729 for this game. (The "R" is for "Rand"). That is VERY expensive in my country. Unfortunately that is the standard price for games in my country. So when I buy a game and it has lots of bugs then it really puts a downer on my mood.

Tomb Raider is a bit of a conundrum. On one hand this game is just so amazing and really enjoyable. On the other hand the game is turning out to have way more glitches than any finished game should, and to be honest all of the glitches I'm running into are starting to pile up. :(

Perhaps they should have delayed the game one more year to work out all these problems.

lkuro
7th Mar 2013, 00:02
Your not the only one, I am stuck too :(

do you think they'l fix it without me having to start again, relly dont want to, took me ages to get where i am, and all the unlocks.

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 00:17
Can you please provide some more information for me please.

Platform:
Difficulty:

Dehumanizer
7th Mar 2013, 00:24

Platform:
Difficulty:

He is talking about the exact same problem i'm having:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1873509&postcount=15

He pulled the small boat with the rope arrow next to the wall and climbed it with the climbing axe. Then went further in and triggered the radio message about alex running off. Which overwrote the other task from Jonah and thus makes progression impossible.

What i would really like to know is where the save games are located(PC), so i could restore an older version and not loose 12 Hrs of progress.

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 00:39
Shipwreck beach is where I am stuck. There is a camp near by which I must of pass by not knowing what to do. There was a mini boat that I can push around. I made it to the hill and completed a tomb side quest. As I went back into the camp, there was no cut scene which would give me a compound bow. (I watch YouTube walkthrough) I did get the tool, nothing happens ... The instincts is highlighted, I stand next to it and nothing happens! I reload the check point, no solution. I need an answer, will there be a patch or something?

NO WAY IN HELL I WILL RESTART THE STORY. I FOUND MANY JOURNALS, CHEST, CRATES... ETC UPGRADED WEAPONS ETC,:mad2:

I apologize for that bug and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm going to take this information and escalate this to the developers.

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 00:43
He is talking about the exact same problem i'm having:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1873509&postcount=15

He pulled the small boat with the rope arrow next to the wall and climbed it with the climbing axe. Then went further in and triggered the radio message about alex running off. Which overwrote the other task from Jonah and thus makes progression impossible.

What i would really like to know is where the save games are located(PC), so i could restore an older version and not loose 12 Hrs of progress.

Here is a link to show you where you may find you save files. I hope this helps.http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231102463996/

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 00:52
I am having the same problem for the PS3 version.
Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 01:08
Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 02:19
Instead of going to the boat that the crew was trying to start when you first enter Shipwreck Beach, I went exploring a location that wasn't supposed to be accessible. Now, the waypoint remains on the broken boat, but the crew is just hanging around camp and only speaks of miscellaneous things and about "finding Alex." The game has skipped events and is stuck in limbo.

SandySpectre
7th Mar 2013, 02:21
I wouldn't say the game sucks but I'm having the same issue. After I collected the block and tackle I used the small boat to continue exploring. When I couldn't proceed any further I retuned to camp and couldn't hand in the mission. I reloaded the game and found a rope leading from the area where I moved the boat from to one end of the boat clipping through the beach and the blue cargo container.

Cascade
7th Mar 2013, 02:27
I can confirm that the devs are well informed of the issue I raised, whether or not they've been made privvy of other issues that are being raised in this thread, I do 'not' know. But I've been contacted for more information about the issue so fingers crossed that next patch [which 'MAY' be released for 360 in next 10 days, that being about 4 days ago] fixes it. 8D

@Yipeddie: I got up to that area too in my playthrough and I too got incredibly frustrated [cursing, control shaking, etc] by the fact that I'd somehow managed to maroon myself on that upper area with no way of getting down.

While I have yet to figure out the proper way to get down [since my game is currently glitched in a way that doesn't allow progressive play], I 'DID' find out that sliding down the northern most part of that area that you can access [the part that is just above the other zip ropes that lead to the... junkyard-esque ship] will get you back down to solid ground.... just don't jump. It won't fix your issue bout not being able to talk to the survivors, but at least you'll be able to travel again! 8D

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 02:44
They also need to patch it for the PS3. :(

Vipeddie
7th Mar 2013, 02:52
I don't know. I know the owner of this forum is ignoring this bug/glitch. I have not heard from the developers it is so frustrating >:(

I do not want to start all over because there are other glitches the can corrupt you from playing the game... What a shame....

Vipeddie
7th Mar 2013, 02:53
I have the same issue! I want an answer from the developers! :mad2:

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 02:59
I have the same issue! I want an answer from the developers! :mad2:

Same! Given our horrible issue, the least they could do is keep us posted more thoroughly, if they are indeed working on it. They aren't saying ****!

Avikus
7th Mar 2013, 03:41
Yeah I've just spent the last 4 hrs creating a new game and skipping all side quest (treasure included) to get back to that lvl and then work on lvlings ...

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 03:44
Yeah I've just spent the last 4 hrs creating a new game and skipping all side quest (treasure included) to get back to that lvl and then work on lvlings ...

Oh no... :(
I don't know if I can bring myself to do that.... *cries*

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 10:16
So, some players (like me) explore the map before do the main quest on it. And in "shipwreck Beach" found an inaccessible rocky wall, but in the water i found a moveable boat. Of course i'm combined the two things and voila, i'm climbed up! But normally this section is only available with the compound bow! So here's the problem. We travel to a map section BEFORE we have the needed equipment and this somehow triggers something and never get the new bow after this. Thats the basic problem for stuck the main quest in this map.
Players BE WARNED! Do not try to use the boat to climb that wall. Firstly do the main quest for the compound bow, and then start exploring.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzdPIrN9X8

lkuro
7th Mar 2013, 11:05
same here need the new bow to continue but the cut scene wont happen

lkuro
7th Mar 2013, 11:09
you would think they would test these things, all i can do now is play multiplayer, so sad...

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 18:11
I don't understand why they even put that boat there in the first place... Holy crap... It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it in the water... Ugh...

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 18:19
Ok... Just read that Nixxes has released a new patch for the PC version. It fixes these things:

Addressed some stability issues on machines that have both Intel and Nvidia graphics hardware.

Various small UI updates.

Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.

Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.

Some improvements to TressFX hair rendering.

Fixes for various smaller graphics glitches.

Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.

I hope this means that a patch for the consoles is on its way! I want to continue the game!!! :(

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 18:22
Ok... Just read that Nixxes has released a new patch for the PC version. It fixes these things:

Addressed some stability issues on machines that have both Intel and Nvidia graphics hardware.

I hope this means that a patch for the consoles is on its way! I want to continue the game!!!

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 18:23
I think there's a large container with a collectible on the top of it. I guess the boat purpose is for reach that collectible. Pass the stony wall just a "side effect".

The patch is released once, but causes new serious problems, so they withdraw it.

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 18:29

I hope this means that a patch for the consoles is on its way! I want to continue the game!!!

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 18:39

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 19:24

I suggest trying to load back from a previous checkpoint. If that does not work please reply back to this thread and we will try to escalate this matter to the Developers also which platform are you playing on would be help information.

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 19:33
Sadly nothing helps. The problem is the checkpoint is saved with this glitch so now i never continue from here. But the real problem i think is the movable boat and the fact i jumped to the stony wall before i get the compound bow. I think that little "shortcut" is responsible for the "Shipwreck beach" glitch. I play on PC.

alucardx15
7th Mar 2013, 19:39
Try deleting any game data or utility data you have on your console for tomb raider, including any dlc just in case, then reinstalling/redownloading everything and try it again. Since apparently you're not that far into the game this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 19:50
Yeah! I play on the PS3 and I did the same thing. The movable boat in the water down by the beach is the problem. If you pull it over to the rocky wall leading to the later area, that you were only supposed to access AFTER you get the compound bow, the game assumes you have done just that (everything before and leading up to the point where you get the Compound Bow). It skips forward in story quest, telling you that you need to "find Alex." However, the waypoint will remain located at the initial event you were supposed to activate first. Events and cut-scenes were skipped. It will not activate at this point and without the compound bow, there is no way to move forward.

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:02
Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)
Difficulty: Normal

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:17

Same problem here. Got stuck by pulling the small boat to the east side of the beach and climbed to the area I was not supposed to. This game encourages to explore the areas! And now I'm stuck because I was curious...
Almost 100% of the treasures collected from previous areas so far. I'd rather sell the game than start from the beginning. Games should have warranty btw!

Platform: PS3 (so no...I have no way of deleting my save files without losing everything)

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:21

Vipeddie
7th Mar 2013, 20:23

Platform:
Difficulty:

Yup

Xbox 360
Normal

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 20:25

We are in the same boat, man... No pun intended...

I am also for the PS3... It was way too easy to access the wall with that boat... And the boat practically says, "PULL ME OVER TO THE WALL!" If they wanted that area to be inaccessible, they should have made it impossible to reach... Not work-around-able... Ugh...

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 20:36
Hi, i am playing on PS3 and i have got to shipwreck beach and i have to get the block and tackle from the broken ship but when i use instinct and go to the marker (ship) there is nothing for me to pick up and i cant move on, any ideas what to do??

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:38
We are in the same boat, man... No pun intended...

I am also for the PS3... It was way too easy to access the wall with that boat... And the boat practically says, "PULL ME OVER TO THE WALL!" If they wanted that area to be inaccessible, they should have made it impossible to reach... Not work-around-able... Ugh...

Exactly! You should not be able to go there before you get the right gear. Everytime I go to a new area (in any game) I search the place before continuing the story.

70€ for a nordic edition wasted. People always tell that it's just a game. Would they be happy with 70€ software that does not work?

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 20:46
Exactly! You should not be able to go there before you get the right gear. Everytime I go to a new area (in any game) I search the place before continuing the story.

70€ for a nordic edition wasted. People always tell that it's just a game. Would they be happy with 70€ software that does not work?

I also search an area before moving on in the story for any game.

I bought the $100.00 Collector's Edition.... I feel your pain! At this point, I just want to continue the freaking story... Jeesh!!! Is that so much to ask!? I should not be denied the ability to finish a game.... EVER...

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:52
I also search an area before moving on in the story for any game.

I bought the $100.00 Collector's Edition.... I feel your pain! At this point, I just want to continue the freaking story... Jeesh!!! Is that so much to ask!? I should not be denied the ability to finish a game.... EVER...

They should make a new savefile for those who got stuck. That can't be hard for them. And I would be happy give them the info about the items and upgrades that I have. That way everyone would be happy.

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 20:56
They should make a new savefile for those who got stuck. That can't be hard for them. And I would be happy give them the info about the items and upgrades that I have. That way everyone would be happy.

Maybe not a new save file, but a patch that resets the quest-skip that makes it impossible to move forward without the first cut scene, the tackle from the pirate ship, and the compound bow you get from Jonah. It should fix the game to look for those things before activating the quest to search for Alex.

Aziz
7th Mar 2013, 20:59
Maybe not a new save file, but a patch that resets the quest-skip that makes it impossible to move forward without the first cut scene, the tackle from the pirate ship, and the compound bow you get from Jonah. It should fix the game to look for those things before activating the quest to search for Alex.

That would be even better. I hope they get this fixed...if not, I try to get a refund (that's mission impossible)

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 21:02
I mean, in actuality, our exploration should not have done this... Even if we did reach the top of that wall, it should not have been a 1 variable event trigger (being only reaching the top of the wall). It should have been an event trigger that had multiple variables, like whether or not we had the compound bow in our possession, and whether or not we retrieved and gave the tackle to Jonah, or even whether or not we activated the first event in Shipwreck Beach... The game should have had a more complex, multi-variable trigger that went through a checklist before activating... If it was done right, we could have climbed that wall, explored the area, but no activity would be happening over there...

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 21:03
And this bug is unite us! :) It seems the problem is platform independent. The error occurs on XBOX, PS3 and for me on PC. What a tolerant glitch... :)

JerryPants
7th Mar 2013, 21:08
And this bug is unite us! :) It seems the problem is platform independent. The error occurs on XBOX, PS3 and for me on PC. What a tolerant glitch... :)

LOL
They seriously need to patch it... If I have learned anything from making RPGs in RPG Maker, it is that they put no variables into the activation of that event... It just had a "reach this point" trigger...

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 21:10
Maybe you use the movable boat to reach the rocky wall on the other side of the map BEFORE you try that mission?

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 21:22
Maybe you use the movable boat to reach the rocky wall on the other side of the map BEFORE you try that mission?

Yup thats what i did, i have done other exploring things on other levels before and during a main story with no issues

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 21:29
That was the problem... That section only accessible with the new compound bow theoretically, so the boat + rocky wall just accidental. When you (and me on PC, in fact) climb up to that wall the game skips important parts on the story and now you never get the new compound bow. For now no solution for this, just the full restart...

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 21:42
That was the problem... That section only accessible with the new compound bow theoretically, so the boat + rocky wall just accidental. When you (and me on PC, in fact) climb up to that wall the game skips important parts on the story and now you never get the new compound bow. For now no solution for this, just the full restart...

Basically its a design flaw then because they could of blocked end of pier off where you get the boat past could of put a rock there or something, thats killed the game for me now, i had collected all treasures etc up to this point so i wont be starting again so either they come up with a fix in a week or so or im trading the game

Chr0n0s
7th Mar 2013, 21:56
"Basically its a design flaw..."

Exactly! And we can not do anything just wait for some kind of solution. :( But annoying how easy to solve this problem if the save system is more complex. Maybe a "Restart Mission" option, chapter select, or store MORE THAN THE LAST save...

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 23:01
Are you talking about the wooden ship on the rocks? If there is nothing for you to pick up, you haven't shot the item down yet. After killing the men inside the ship, continue forward until you reach the upper deck where there should be a mast in front of you, shoot the crane type thing on the mast and it should drop the desired item, it will initiate a cutscene, so you'll know if you have done this correctly :)

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 23:10
Are you talking about the wooden ship on the rocks? If there is nothing for you to pick up, you haven't shot the item down yet. After killing the men inside the ship, continue forward until you reach the upper deck where there should be a mast in front of you, shoot the crane type thing on the mast and it should drop the desired item, it will initiate a cutscene, so you'll know if you have done this correctly :)

Its the part where you have to recover block and tackle from the galleon

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 23:19
Yes, so when you climb around the front of it and onto the main deck, it should be hanging in front of you, activate Survival Instinct and look up to find it, then shoot it with your bow

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 23:34
Yes, so when you climb around the front of it and onto the main deck, it should be hanging in front of you, activate Survival Instinct and look up to find it, then shoot it with your bow

Theres no mast with anchor for me its already down, and there was no people to shoot

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 23:37
The mast is down? So you can leave then, run down the mast, jump the gap and zip line back to shore, it might trigger the cutscene saying that you found the item

imaggot
7th Mar 2013, 23:41
The mast is down? So you can leave then, run down the mast, jump the gap and zip line back to shore, it might trigger the cutscene saying that you found the item

There mast was already down when i got here i youtubed it and person shot it like you said but i had nothing to shoot or pick up and i have been down zip lines a dozen times and it doesnt do anything

a_big_house
7th Mar 2013, 23:43
Someone must have raided the ship before you :eek:
Nah, erm I don't have a clue then, sorry :(

dockie
7th Mar 2013, 23:46
I also have this bug. i went exploring before picking up the block and tackle, now when i try to get it, the mast is already down and there is no block and tackle in sight :(

Im on PC

a_big_house
8th Mar 2013, 00:01
So, you shot the mast down before you needed to? That would be the cause of the problem then

dockie
8th Mar 2013, 00:04
No, the first time i went the mast was already down, and there was no block and tackle

a_big_house
8th Mar 2013, 00:07
...and then when you were given the task of getting it, the mast was still down?

dockie
8th Mar 2013, 00:14
OK so heres what happened:

you get to the boat and give a hand trying to put the engine in
Cant manage it, so they tell you to go get the block and tackle
Heres where i went to explore the area, before going to get the block and tackle
i did the flooded vault tomb and got a few collectables
then went to try get the block and tackle. but the mast is already down here and there is no block and tackle on the floor

a_big_house
8th Mar 2013, 00:18
Well, I can't help you, but your description should help the devs fix the issue :)
I guess you can either wait for a fix, or start again :o

Phaded
8th Mar 2013, 00:39
Before doing the story quest of retrieving the block and tackle from the Galleon, I explored the right side of the map by pulling the movable boat on the beach through the water, over to the craggy wall. It gave me access to multiple collectibles and even the optional tomb, The Flooding Vault. I collected everything in the region and headed back to the beach where the other story characters are. I then proceeded to complete the quest called A Pirate's Life which entails reaching the Galleon to retrieve the block and tackle. When arriving at the ship it is completely unguarded. When climbing around the front of the boat, the world glitches and some things disappear. I jump across heading to where the mast is and there is no block and tackle to shoot down. When using survival instincts, it just highlights the spot Lara is standing on and DOES NOT highlight any items. If you proceed down the zipline, nothing happens and the highlighted beacon stays on top of the Galleon. I have reloaded my save, made a new save and reloaded it, exited and restarted from my checkpoint and I cannot attempt fast travel in this area. There is no fix. Please patch this game ruining bug!!! I tried to give as much detail as possible, thank you.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 00:44
Well, I can't help you, but your description should help the devs fix the issue :)
I guess you can either wait for a fix, or start again :o

It's not an issue of us doing anything wrong... The game developers didn't make the rock wall inaccessible (the one you first use the compound bow on to go find Alex). If you simply pull the little wooden boat over to it with your rope arrow, you can jump up and climb it to reach an otherwise "inaccessible" area before getting the bow and activating anything prior. When this happens, the game assumes you did everything and got the bow and reconfigures the game to that point in the story, skipping everything before it, including when you get the bow. With no way to get the bow, and the game confused (made evident by the waypoint still locked onto the broken boat), there is no way to move forward.

There are two ways they messed up the design of this map:

1. They made the rock wall reachable with a little patience and some thinking outside of the box.

2. Even if we were allowed to explore the area before getting the bow and doing all of the other tasks, the event trigger should have been MULTI-VARIABLE. Meaning, the game should have had to go through a checklist of items needed and events previously activated, before activating the event that requires you to search for Alex. Instead, we get a SINGLE-VARIABLE trigger... One with the only requirement being that you reach the top of that wall.... Someone took a shortcut... And we are paying for it...

a_big_house
8th Mar 2013, 00:49
Well, I never said anyone did something wrong, I think it's quite clever of you all to have used the boat in such a manor, but, that's what you get for exploring :p

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 00:52
Well, I never said anyone did something wrong, I think it's quite clever of you all to have used the boat in such a manor, but, that's what you get for exploring :p

LOL
Seriously... For a game that encourages exploring, it really screwed us over big time...

Lardman
8th Mar 2013, 01:27
Greetings.

On the beach zone I have gone out and got the block and tackle from the grounded ship, however I did not return with it straight after but ventured out on the long pier.

That jumped me to the next part where you get told over the radio to go and check up on Alex, but the progress list still says to hand it in to Jonah. The problem here being, that I can't hand anything in to him now.

It would be easy to address if I could restart the whole zone with a console command but no such luck and reloading checkpoint doesn't fix it.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 01:32
Yeah, man... That damn movable boat that allows you to climb that bloody wall...

imaggot
8th Mar 2013, 01:55
LOL
Seriously... For a game that encourages exploring, it really screwed us over big time...

Yes it has, i "was" enjoying this game all levels 100% complete till this one now i cant do anything, at least im not they only one to think about pulling the small boat to the wall it, even the games designers didnt think of that one by the looks of it lol else they could have blocked it off near the wall, hope they fix it for us.....

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 02:03
Yes it has, i "was" enjoying this game all levels 100% complete till this one now i cant do anything, at least im not they only one to think about pulling the small boat to the wall it, even the games designers didnt think of that one by the looks of it lol else they could have blocked it off near the wall, hope they fix it for us.....

They freaking have to fix it... This isn't some random graphical glitch or floating enemy crap... This is a bug that seriously breaks the entire game and makes it 100% unplayable (you can't do anything!).

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 03:32
Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, and we’re really sorry that it is keeping you from progressing in the game. We’re looking into it and trying to recreate it to test it and find a solution, so your posts here are incredibly useful. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

While we look into a solution, if you have a moment it would also be very helpful for you to fill out a ticket on our support website so we can get more information on how this issue occurred.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
Click on the “contact” button
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
Click “Next” again
This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
Fill out the required information and click “Next”
Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 03:35
Posted this in another thread about this particular issue, but wanted to ensure you saw it as well!

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, and we’re really sorry that it is keeping you from progressing in the game. We’re looking into it and trying to recreate it to test it and find a solution, so your posts here are incredibly useful. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

While we look into a solution, if you have a moment it would also be very helpful for you to fill out a ticket on our support website so we can get more information on how this issue occurred.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
Click on the “contact” button
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
Click “Next” again
This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
Fill out the required information and click “Next”
Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:07
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in so that you know we are monitoring the boards, and that this issue has been escalated to the team so they can try to recreate it and troubleshoot. I'm genuinely sorry you're stuck and unable to progress. :(

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:26
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that we are aware of this issue and are investigating it so we can try to recreate and troubleshoot. I apologize that it is keeping you from finishing the game. :(

lyricguy1984
8th Mar 2013, 04:30
I am at Shipwreck Beach and i'm trying to give Jonah the block & tackle but it will not let me. I'M playing the game on the xbox.

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 05:47
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in so that you know we are monitoring the boards, and that this issue has been escalated to the team so they can try to recreate it and troubleshoot. I'm genuinely sorry you're stuck and unable to progress. :(

Thank you for actually making an appearance in these threads to assure us action is being taken... There was no doubt that action was being taken, but sometimes it is nice to hear from someone about it. Thank you. Just want this fixed so I can enjoy the whole game. Loving it so far, aside from this debacle... :/

Cascade
8th Mar 2013, 08:56
I am at Shipwreck Beach and i'm trying to give Jonah the block & tackle but it will not let me. I'M playing the game on the xbox.

Glad to know I'm no longer an isolated incident! :D

I mean, sure, sucks for you... but take comfort in knowing that if it happened to you, and that it happened to me, odds are it has happened to others, so there's hope that it'll be [using the term loosely] 'easy' to fix once the patch is ready. :)

lkuro
8th Mar 2013, 11:26
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that we are aware of this issue and are investigating it so we can try to recreate and troubleshoot. I apologize that it is keeping you from finishing the game. :(

then i take back what i said, at least you know whats going on in the forums, though i did feel like we was being ignored normally happens in most forums, thanks for dropping by and telling us what going on.

mariush
8th Mar 2013, 11:29
I'm stuck in the same place.

After talking with Jonah and the others at the engine cutscene, I went around the sea shore exploring and noticed the small boat.

I then noticed that if I jump on it and use the bow with the pull rope effect, I can pull the boat in a specific direction with me on it (physically, i don't think this should happen).

I managed to squeeze the boat between those metal things in the water down to the base of the wall with white rock you can climb on and jumped on the wall and grabbed it with that wall hanging tool.

I honestly thought that I have to climb that way, then go down a rope on that boat in the sea.

Later when I realized it's straight forward to go on the ship, the ship no longer has anything to collect on it so I'm stuck.

Stuzzie
8th Mar 2013, 12:40
try firing the rope arrow into the rock climbing face I have the new bow from Jonah and it allows me to do this dont know if it will allow the recurve to do it but I was stuck in a similar situ and it would not let Jonah give me the new bow as all the upgrades had not been completed. used fast travel to complete the upgrades went back and Jonah gave me the compound bow hope this helps ....

Stuz

lyricguy1984
8th Mar 2013, 15:22
I want to play the game again. Do you know when the patch comes out ?

Lucky9288
8th Mar 2013, 18:00
Megan are you also aware about the ps3 game/system crash? I just posted on it and seeing you on the thread gives me hope, please help me out!! :(

JerryPants
8th Mar 2013, 18:46
I'm stuck in the same place.

After talking with Jonah and the others at the engine cutscene, I went around the sea shore exploring and noticed the small boat.

I then noticed that if I jump on it and use the bow with the pull rope effect, I can pull the boat in a specific direction with me on it (physically, i don't think this should happen).

I managed to squeeze the boat between those metal things in the water down to the base of the wall with white rock you can climb on and jumped on the wall and grabbed it with that wall hanging tool.

I honestly thought that I have to climb that way, then go down a rope on that boat in the sea.

Later when I realized it's straight forward to go on the ship, the ship no longer has anything to collect on it so I'm stuck.

Same. Screw that damn movable boat...

SE_Param
8th Mar 2013, 18:59
Hey everyone here is a suggest fix for anyone stuck on Shipwreck beach. I had a user call in and they pointed out that they returned to there campsite on the beach, melee Jonah at the campsite that might trigger the game to give you the new gear to progress into the next area. This is not a permanent fix since we have not been able to implement it, but you are more than welcome to try it and see if it works for you.

HazeHaze
8th Mar 2013, 19:07
I had the same problem /:
should have made it impossible to explore without the needed equipment /:
Hopefully they can fix it soon and we an continue to play instead of having to start again!

Rundin
8th Mar 2013, 19:41
Yeah, same issue here and a major one. I have the game for the PC and am playing normal difficulty. Hopefully they'll release a fix and soon. Before a larger wave of people with our issue floods these pages.

Also: I tried that trick where you melee Jonah, but nothing happens. Good luck to those on getting that to fix it.

SE_Param
8th Mar 2013, 21:04
Here is a suggest fix if your stuck on shipwreck beach head back to the campsite and if Jonah is there melee him and that might trigger the game to progress.

lkuro
8th Mar 2013, 23:06
this is for the ps3 version

imaggot
8th Mar 2013, 23:06
Here is a suggest fix if your stuck on shipwreck beach head back to the campsite and if Jonah is there melee him and that might trigger the game to progress.

I tried that soon as i had this issue but it didnt work :( :(

SE_Param
8th Mar 2013, 23:32
Here is a suggest fix that a player found. Try going back to the campsite were Jonah is and try to melee him and then talk to him. The player did that and that ended up triggering the game and letting the player progress.

Driber
8th Mar 2013, 23:36
Everyone who is experiencing this problem, can you please open up your map and tell us what your current mission objective is?

lkuro
8th Mar 2013, 23:44
"a pirate's life"

objective

recover block and tackle from the galleon

( return to jonah with the block and tackle)

lkuro
8th Mar 2013, 23:45
i have just tried it and nothing is happening.

Avikus
9th Mar 2013, 01:09
Thanks Meagan!;)

Yeah I'm glad I restarted the game tho ... cause time waiting for this to be fix is time I would have lost just not to finish this gem of a game!

dockie
9th Mar 2013, 01:37
My current objective is

'a pirate's life'
Recover block and tackle from the galleon
*reach the Galleon

JerryPants
9th Mar 2013, 02:05
"The fast way down"
"Rendezvous with the other survivors at the beach"

*Travel to the survivors' camp

Nephuxs
9th Mar 2013, 08:37
I posted this glitch in Steam, so I'll post it here to. It's a progress breaking bug, and I can't progress at all until it's patched or something. Help Eidos! :)

Game Breaking Glitch "Recover Block & Tackle from the Galleon"

So I've ran into a literaly break in progress glitch. When you get to the shipwreck coast, unless you progress right to your part, and not explore the area, you'll encounter a break in progress. When I cross the platform to reach the old ship and get the block and tackle, no enemies appear, and the actual block & tackle object isn't even loaded. My game is now a paper weight.

Chr0n0s
9th Mar 2013, 08:40
I try to explain the situation with pictures!

So, before doing any main quests on this map, we pushed the movable boat from here:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_ees6vqsjw0.jpg

To this location:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_3hsvj45kn1.jpg

With the boat...
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_mzarlyxntj.jpg

We reach the area normally available ONLY WITH THE COMPOUND BOW with ease!!! This step triggers the problem somehow!
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_w5tcqa8dox.jpg

After explore the whole "Electric puzzle Tomb area" i take the story quest "Reach the Galleon". My map shows this:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_hfytcszntc.jpg

My "instinct" waypoint:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_9sji1gg7og.jpg

But in the Galleon i found the mast already broken and the important quest item is never here...
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_x6jzcg95ux.jpg

So, the story is stuck in this waypoint at the other end of the Galleon!
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_8z9jvasd9e.jpg

I hope this helps a lot, and clearly presents the true nature of the bug. I'm sorry for my english, i'm a hungarian customer... :)

Here's a video what i do with the boat:

And now my story quest is:

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 09:55
Thanks for the info on mission objective, guys. And thank you poster above me for the screens and detailed breakdown of the problem. All of this should greatly help the devs to find a fix for this :)

To help out the devs, I've renamed this thread to make it more descriptive. If anyone spots other threads besides this one where the exact same problem is described, please report it to the staff and we'll merge. That will also help the devs get a better overview of how widespread this problem is.

----------

Everyone who is experiencing this problem, can you please confirm that this post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1876592&postcount=36) correctly describes the steps you took to trigger this problem. Thanks.

cerem0ny
9th Mar 2013, 10:29
Thanks for the info on mission objective, guys. And thank you poster above me for the screens and detailed breakdown of the problem. All of this should greatly help the devs to find a fix for this :)

To help out the devs, I've renamed this thread to make it more descriptive. If anyone spots other threads besides this one where the exact same problem is described, please report it to the staff and we'll merge. That will also help the devs get a better overview of how widespread this problem is.

----------

Everyone who is experiencing this problem, can you please confirm that this post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1876592&postcount=36) correctly describes the steps you took to trigger this problem. Thanks.

Yes, that is the problem exactly.

Aziz
9th Mar 2013, 10:54

----------

Confirmed. That's how I got stuck on PS3.

cerem0ny
9th Mar 2013, 11:06
Can anyone confirm whether the new PC patch fixes this problem or not?

It doesn't for me...

:(

Delpus
9th Mar 2013, 11:33
Nooooo! I got the problem to, the first thing i did when i got to this "level" was to pull the "rope boat" just like Chr0n0s screens show.. :(

my current objective is:
"The fast way down"
"Rendezvous with the other survivors at the beach"

*Travel to the survivors' camp

does only ps3 have this problem or does xbox to?

Chr0n0s
9th Mar 2013, 11:44
I think very important to clarify something about the bug! Not every player is stuck in the same main mission part of the game. It depends on when they use the boat to climb the rocky wall. I read many topics about this error (in here, and in my country's forums) and every stuck player is did the boat "trick".
Basically:
If you climb to that normally unreachable area WITHOUT THE COMPOUND BOW the main mission is bugged and you NEVER GET THE COMPOUND BOW. No matter when you climb to that wall. So the different stuck mission results is originated to the same action!

And every platform is concerned, so the glitch is in the basic game code i think.

cerem0ny
9th Mar 2013, 12:26
If anybody has a savegame they happened to save just before the Shipwrecked level or around there, please post it here! would be a great help :)

thanks

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 12:36
that doesnt work for the ps3 anymore, so until they fix this problem, we're pretty much stuck

Tribal191983
9th Mar 2013, 13:02

----------

In reference to the above I can confirm I have the same glitch. I'm playing o. The Xbox 360 version. My current mission objective is a pirates life for me and is indicating that I need to go to the galleon to find the block and tackle for Jonah. However when I get to the galleon the mast is already down and there is no block and tackle. I cannot get the compound now and so in turn cannot progress further. I moved the small row boat to reach the 'unreachable' areas and believe this is what has caused this glitch. Shouldn't this have picked up through QA testing as so many people seem to be choosing this action in game. Hopefully this can be patched really soon.

Raphamon
9th Mar 2013, 13:24
Basically its a design flaw then because they could of blocked end of pier off where you get the boat past could of put a rock there or something, thats killed the game for me now, i had collected all treasures etc up to this point so i wont be starting again so either they come up with a fix in a week or so or im trading the game

I know exactly how you feel. I've been running into tons of glitches since I started playing this game. It's a great game and a welcome reboot to the Tomb Raider series no doubt, but all these bugs are just killing the game for me. About 30 minutes ago I ran into a texture glitch. (I don't even feel like reporting bugs anymore because there are just too many of them. Every time I boot up the game new bugs show up). If I don't see a patch/title update to fix all these issues soon then I'm trading this in for something else. :( (I'm on PS3 by the way).

Outpost31
9th Mar 2013, 14:33
On PC having the same issue only in a differen't order. When I got to the area, instead of going straight to the quest to talk with the survivors, I thought i'd explore a bit, ended up using the floating boat, pulled it over to the right side of the map to get up that clibmable wall, which then ended up skipping way ahead. So I went back, reloaded check point blah blah, it still says my mission quests are...
Travel to the Survivors Camp, but when I go there nothing happens, no cutscene, nothing.

Game breaker for me on an otherwise superb action game. one of the best i've played in years (imo), until now... :(

dockie
9th Mar 2013, 16:21
In the 1.0.718.4 patch notes it says:

- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.

Is that related to this bug? If so, is it supposed to fix it for those affected by it or just prevent it from happening to even more people?

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 16:25
PC Patch 1.0.718.4 may have fixed this problem for some people playing on PC.

If this is the case for you, please report it here. Also, if that patch does not fix it for you, please report it here, too.

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 16:27
In the 1.0.718.4 patch notes it says:

- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.

Is that related to this bug? If so, is it supposed to fix it for those affected by it or just prevent it from happening to even more people?

The text suggests it fixes it rather than prevents it. Are you experiencing the bug on PC? Did you install the patch? Does it help for you?

dockie
9th Mar 2013, 16:43
Yes I'm on PC. I believe the patch is applied, in the options it says 'setup v1.00.718.4'

however i still have the problem :( The post is down and there is still no block and tackle.

Wyblak
9th Mar 2013, 16:52
First ,I'm on PC and patch is applied, but as mentioned above, problem (bug) looks the same as before patch.

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 17:06
Did you PC guys try reloading the checkpoint?

Also, try doing fast travel to another camp and back to the beach and see if that makes any difference.

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 17:18
i'm on the ps3, is anything been done about this platform yet or just focusing on PC first?

dockie
9th Mar 2013, 17:21
Did you PC guys try reloading the checkpoint?

Also, try doing fast travel to another camp and back to the beach and see if that makes any difference.

i've just tried both, no difference.
i don't know if this is related, but on the fast travel screen, its showing my objective as being in the second camp (forest ruins i think) however when i press tab to bring the map up, its telling me to go to the galleon with the correct marker.

i'll try make a video of it all later today, however i'm not sure it'll add much to what has already been shown in other posts.

Wyblak
9th Mar 2013, 17:24
Yes, I tried both, fast travel and reload from checkpoint. Also tried a few other things. For easiness listed below with effect:

1. Normal continue game - no working
2. Relaod from checkpoint - no working
3. Fast travel and back to the beach (with fast travel) - not working
4. Meele trick with Jonah and after that try to speak him (multiple times) - not working
5. Fast travel to other camp. Restart game. Load and fast travel to the beach - not working
6. Going to the galleon accordingly quest marker - not working
7. Going to the galleon accordingly quest marker and back to the Jonah - not working
8. Trying use "E" in place where the cutscene should occur - not working

As I come to a new idea , let You know.

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 17:33
Thanks for the additional info, guys. That should help the devs pin point the issue quicker :)

i'm on the ps3, is anything been done about this platform yet or just focusing on PC first?

ALL reported bugs are looked into and the devs are working very hard fixing issues across ALL platforms at the same time.

PC patches are usually MUCH quicker to be released because PC is an open platform. Consoles are closed platforms and releasing Title Updates require certification from Sony/Microsoft first, and that is unfortunately a very time consuming (and sometimes insanely expensive) process :(

DragonFun
9th Mar 2013, 17:42
nope patch didn't work for me i m afraid
im at the part i need to reach the galleon patch is installed but block and tackle is still no where to be found opened the game continued and reloaded checkpoint just to be safe went to the galleon and nothing sorry :(

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 17:44
Thanks for the additional info, guys. That should help the devs pin point the issue quicker :)

ALL reported bugs are looked into and the devs are working very hard fixing issues across ALL platforms at the same time.

PC patches are usually MUCH quicker to be released because PC is an open platform. Consoles are closed platforms and releasing Title Updates require certification from Sony/Microsoft first, and that is unfortunately a very time consuming (and sometimes insanely expensive) process :(

i see, thanks for responding to this, hope it happens soon though despite the process, all i can do is multiplayer :s

Chr0n0s
9th Mar 2013, 18:00
Sadly, the patch is not changed anything. :( After the patch i tried again a lot of things (reload checkpoint, fast travel, die on the map, etc...) but everything is just the same like before the patch.
But the game is looks a WAY better now (on PC of course) and runs faster at the same time. So in optimalization side the patch is very great and i thanks for the developer's effort to make this game better.
And as dockie mentioned the fast travel screen is very confusing too. See how my waypoint is in the second camp "Forest Ruins". Strange...

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_4bsuems3wa.jpg

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 18:31
same thing on the ps3, well for me anyway

Nephuxs
9th Mar 2013, 19:30
Patch v1.00.718.4 does not fix the progression break on "a pirate's life"

Still no object loaded, just stuck there.

I have tried checkpoint reloading, dying, fast travel, melee npcs, etc.

http://i1.minus.com/ibdoij5aVIVOom.jpg

dockie
9th Mar 2013, 20:21
If you follow Chr0n0s' post, and move the boat to the wall then climb it, this is the result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMgZUXDsn00&feature=youtu.be

Skip the first 25 seconds as its just the loading screen. I don't know if it'll help at all.

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 21:24
ok, i did what this person did, but i got the item i needed first before i decided to explore the unreachable area ( the part where the blue boat is needed) so where i'm at is i need to deliever the bolt and tackle to jonah but he is standing at the camp, when running to him it doesnt trigger the cut scene to get the new bow. just like the youtube video i use the instinct (ps3 L2) to see where i need to go, which is at the camp fire, so im just running around the camp fire and noting is happening iv'e tried hitting them before talking to them, nothings happened just in limbo running around.

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 23:31
Just thinking - would you guy be interested in using someone else's savegame file from just after entering the beach? That way you can at least continue playing the game while the devs work on a fix :)

This should be possible on PC. I'm not sure for consoles, though. Anyone have any experiences with this?

Alphahozer
9th Mar 2013, 23:32
Same issue on XBOX hard difficulty. Used the raft to get to the climbing wall. We should have gone straight to the objective like the mice they think we are instead of running around in an open environment. LOL

Wyblak
9th Mar 2013, 23:49
Just thinking - would you guy be interested in using someone else's savegame file from just after entering the beach? That way you can at least continue playing the game while the devs work on a fix :)

This should be possible on PC. I'm not sure for consoles, though. Anyone have any experiences with this?

On PC is a really simple process. Just put save game file in the folder ...\Steam\userdata\203160, should work. On the console should possibilities too.

Personally I can wait, I don't like use someone saves.

Anyway use console in the game, and restart level or add compound bow by command to inventory will be much more appropriate way to continue game. However, I think it would be too good if anyone told us, how to do it ;)

lkuro
9th Mar 2013, 23:57

i wouldn't mind doing this while they fix it, my problem was i didnt want to start all over again.

having said that it will still be frustrating knowing that all my hard work for collecting hidden items and searching the ruins will not be on the save data, but its better than nothing i guess.

My Platform is PS3, i hope i can use save data from other people on this console. (hard difficulty settings)

but really, for a game that makes you explore, it really screwed me over.
curse that blue boat.....i took the bait.

Driber
10th Mar 2013, 00:05
I'll fire up my PS3 tomorrow morning and see if saves are interchangeable. Will let you know :)

lkuro
10th Mar 2013, 00:14
I'll fire up my PS3 tomorrow morning and see if saves are interchangeable. Will let you know :)

thanks a bunch

JOSHk
10th Mar 2013, 02:27
I am having the same problem on Xbox,..this is kind of a bummer considering i just got the game yesterday..

2mg
10th Mar 2013, 10:05
Just confirming the same problem - missing block & tackle on the galleon if you explore the left area first (with small boat).

PC version, normal difficulty, latest patch didn't fix it.

I'd really like to finish the game without restarting it, I'm at 80%, all previous areas 100% completion...

Chr0n0s
10th Mar 2013, 10:05

Actually, i found in this forum, a topic where someone is share a save game for pc. I try to copy to my save game folder and worked. So technically the method is working. But in that save the player is just rushed throught the story. So with that save, i have nothing. No advanced weapons, just a few skills unlocked. Maybe if someone is share a 100% save game in freshly arrived to Shipwreck Beach...
Because this way i lost all my 100% progress at this point. This way it's solves nothing!
Just a small opinion. Interesting how the maximalist players suffered this glitch mostly. We explore everything in the first playthrough, so we suck... Technically its not a big deal, but very annoying because the glitch is punish the players who try to enjoy the game completely. :(

Driber
10th Mar 2013, 10:43

thanks a bunch

Okay I just tried it and sharing savegames works on PS3, except for the fact that trophies are locked out when you use someone else's save, which makes sense I guess.

I'll try to see in a few hours if I have a save of when I just arrived on the beach. If so, I'll share it with you guys (unless someone else already posted one by that time) :)

Curento
10th Mar 2013, 12:59
Hello, just reporting that I have the same issue on my Xbox, I explored the beach up to the area where I guess I need an improved stronger rope, so I went back to try and get the block and tackle but it isn't there. I'm standing right beneath the beacon on top of the ship deck.

As much as I love this game, I'm not doing it all over again, especially with the uncertainty that this may or may not happen again in the same spot or anywhere else.. maybe even in the last battle.

Please fix it, I just finally got the Bow Master skill and I haven't even been able to try it.

Thank you.

Driber
10th Mar 2013, 13:54
Here you go, guys. This is the closest save to the beach that I have. It's the last shoot-out at the cable karts. Kill the baddies and make your way through the last bit of the cable karts to get to the beach.

Remember, you can't unlock trophies when using someone else's save file. And remember that this is a temporary work-around I'm providing on a voluntary basis (one fan to another) while the devs get this issue sorted. This is NOT meant to be a fix. I'm just providing this for those who are stuck in the pirate's life mission and don't want to wait for a fix but continue the story without having to replay from scratch.

Put the attached zipfile onto a USB stick and copy it to your PS3. Be sure to first make a backup of your own save files!

Edit: It has been confirmed that the save game works on EU versions of the game / console and that it does not work on NA versions.

dockie
10th Mar 2013, 14:00
Has there been any word from the dev's about this issue? have they been able to replicate it and have they found a solution?

Chr0n0s
10th Mar 2013, 14:14
In the patch, they close the beach, so the boat is never pulled to the rocky wall again. Now the glitch is never happen again, in this way at least... I tested with a fresh Shipwreck Beach save i found here, on pc! Now the question is, they want to help us who encountered the bug before the patch?!
--------------------------------------------
I found a bad solution for the problem on PC at least... So i backup my save first(!), then download a trainer for the game. With the trainer i take the competition bow. Then i passed the Flooded Vault area. After the tunnel my waypoint is changed to "Reach the Endurance wreck"! So if we take the compound bow somehow we able to continue the story. My suggestion is the game is inspect the player's equipment in the Flooded Vault area and if the compound bow is not found just give it instantly. Because of the patch theoretically the bug is never happens again, this little check never cause any problems in the future. But for us that's very important to continue the story! Unfortunately we skip a very small part of the story but thats better then totally stuck.

Here's what i did with the trainer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-X_O-7mr0

Curento
10th Mar 2013, 14:53
I explored the surrounding area up to the point where you need a stronger rope or some bow update to continue, thus before retrieving the block and tackle; now it's not where the beacons points it out nor anywhere to be found.

I can't continue.

Please fix.

Loevet
10th Mar 2013, 16:40
I too have this problem, I go on the ship to the marker but nothing happens. I did use the trick to pull the boat to the jagged wall, thus bypassing what the game intends for me to do there. I can't continue as the autosave now includes this glitch progress.

I'm running the game on Playstation 3. Can we expect a fix anytime soon?

oli43
10th Mar 2013, 18:03
Same issue here, I'm playing the XBox 360 version...
Can't speak to Jonah and continue the game.

oli43
10th Mar 2013, 18:45
Same issue on XBox.
I'm afraid that, because it's a design problem, we'll have to restart the whole game from the begining...

Pali.666
10th Mar 2013, 20:15
The patch didn't helped me at all :S My current objective is to meet up with the survivors. I don't have the compound bow yet, the cutscene where I get it's just don't trigger. But I already discovered the flooded research tomb, and everything around. :S

QueenUndead
11th Mar 2013, 00:34
I'm having serious problems with a glitch in the same-ish area of the game. I am doing the mission where you are suppose to help Alex, I have gotten to the Endurance, I killed the big guy to get the gear that allows you to rope pull heavy objects. So the next thing you are suppose to do is use that gear on the box above to pull it towards you.

However, when I've pulled it the crane thing it's attached to moves as it should but the box is fixed in the same spot, then the rope breaks and nothing happens, but I can't go back any further or forward any further!

Has anyone else had THIS problem?!

(I have tried reloading and shooting and blowing it out the sky too)

Nephuxs
11th Mar 2013, 03:14
The patch didn't helped me at all :S My current objective is to meet up with the survivors. I don't have the compound bow yet, the cutscene where I get it's just don't trigger. But I already discovered the flooded research tomb, and everything around. :S

Same here. All patched up with nowhere to go. Just waiting on the Shipwreck shores for another patch to actually let me progress the game again.

dehnyen
11th Mar 2013, 03:16
So, some players (like me) explore the map before do the main quest on it. And in "shipwreck Beach" found an inaccessible rocky wall, but in the water i found a moveable boat. Of course i'm combined the two things and voila, i'm climbed up! But normally this section is only available with the compound bow! So here's the problem. We travel to a map section BEFORE we have the needed equipment and this somehow triggers something and never get the new bow after this. Thats the basic problem for stuck the main quest in this map.
Players BE WARNED! Do not try to use the boat to climb that wall. Firstly do the main quest for the compound bow, and then start exploring.

This is my problem, but the way this post (and others that ive read) is making sound, you can at least get to the objective somehow, you just dont get the bow. Either Im missing something or, I dont know.... I cant even get anywhere after leaving the flooded vault. Im stuck up there with no way back down to the beach. Is that where other people are?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just made an impossible jump down and latched on to a rope. Pretty sure I just got lucky, but Im down, ha.

greizer
11th Mar 2013, 06:56
Same problem here xbox. I hope that problem will be corrected soon. I dont want to restart the game again.

Tecstar70
11th Mar 2013, 08:30
Re: the mast issue and the moving boat issue, can people post their platform for each please: PC XBOX or PS3

Aziz
11th Mar 2013, 08:52
Re: the mast issue and the moving boat issue, can people post their platform for each please: PC XBOX or PS3

Just out of curiosity. Have you read the earlier posts? Or any of the other threads about the same problem?

Driber
11th Mar 2013, 09:00
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

Please remain calm, everyone. I just heard some info from the devs about this, and other bugs, so rest assured that they *are* working on it. I'm sure a patch/TU will be here ASAP, not sooner.

Meanwhile, please make sure that if you have encountered this bug, you submitted a support ticket on the official Square Enix support page, and be as descriptive as possible (platform, mission objective, include pictures and videos if you can, etc). The links are in the thread mentioned above.

Aziz
11th Mar 2013, 09:13
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

Please remain calm, everyone. I just heard some info from the devs about this, and other bugs, so rest assured that they *are* working on it. I'm sure a patch/TU will be here ASAP, not sooner.

Meanwhile, please make sure that if you have encountered this bug, you submitted a support ticket on the official Square Enix support page, and be as descriptive as possible (platform, mission objective, include pictures and videos if you can, etc). The links are in the thread mentioned above.

Thanks Driber :)

whitewitch
11th Mar 2013, 12:00
Yes I have same problem its really annoying

xB2TExTy1er
11th Mar 2013, 12:16
Here is a link to show you where you may find you save files. I hope this helps.http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846947231102463996/

what about xbox 360 /: I don't wanna restart all over I had 80% of all items collected and almost all secret objectives done.

xB2TExTy1er
11th Mar 2013, 12:19

Platform:
Difficulty:

Platform: XBOX 360
Difficulty: Hard

HazeHaze
11th Mar 2013, 13:57
Yeh exactly how it happened to me on Xbox 360.

Aziz
11th Mar 2013, 21:30
Has anyone actually heard anything from Square Enix after you sent the report/ticket?

jactionman
11th Mar 2013, 21:48
Yes i did the reply i got was nothing to do with what i asked but a fix to a completely different bug this is the reply i got;

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with Tomb Raider.

In rare and very specific circumstances, we have observed a bug which will occur if Lara is killed during the boss' death cutscene at this location, which prevents players progressing from this point. To help avoid this, please ensure that you dispatch all on screen enemies before finishing off the boss.

You can also try and clear system cache to see if this makes a difference. Please see the following link for further instructions:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

As ever, we recommend that all users regularly back up their save games and make use of the multiple save game slots during their progress through the game.

We are actively working to fix this issue as quickly as possible and thank you for your patience and understanding while we do so.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

Nephuxs
12th Mar 2013, 01:14
I submitted a ticket to SquareEnix, funnies thing was they sent it back to me saying it was resolved. Absolutely no description or anything. Thats SE for you. :/

Cascade
12th Mar 2013, 05:22
I honestly felt as though this warranted a 'bump', I mean yes someone amongst the 'powers that be' has responded in this thread... but having said that, I don't want this thread to fall into the cracks, especially as more people seem to be running into the problem.

Ironically, since I haven't had the heart to start a game a-new, my girlfriend borrowed my copy and has now finished the game, managed to get a flawless playthrough with no game breaking bugs... wish I had her luck. :P

DopeCoach
12th Mar 2013, 06:20
XBOX 360 - pulled boat to access left side of the map and explored area/optional tomb before going back to progress story by climbing onto the galleon. There were no enemies at the top, and the block and tackle were missing despite the objective marker being present at the end of the ship. Tried to fast travel/reload but to no avail.

Chr0n0s
12th Mar 2013, 06:58
The answer for my support ticket about this problem:

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

SQUARE ENIX is unable to provide game hints, tips or strategy. We recommend that you seek assistance from the manuals, strategy guides (BRADYGAMES - www.bradygames.com), other players and the various Community Sites. An excellent site we can recommend is na.square-enix.com and forums.eidosgames.com. A suggestion I would give you would be to go on the related forums there and inquire directly to other players what exactly your issue is and perhaps they experienced similar problems.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

What can i say now?! :D LOL...
Anyway in this video's description i'll explain in detail how to continue with a trainer. This only works in PC and with this you have all skills and all upgraded weapons, but at least you continue your own game.

Aziz
12th Mar 2013, 09:48
Now I got reply from square enix
"We were unable to distinguish your issue from your description. Please reply with the following information.

Problem Description:
Current objective in the area you are stuck in:"

This is ridicilous. They act like they have never heard about this problem...that always happens when you have problems with any game or software. The companies always try to avoid responsibility :(

Driber
12th Mar 2013, 10:05
I submitted a ticket to SquareEnix, funnies thing was they sent it back to me saying it was resolved. Absolutely no description or anything. Thats SE for you. :/

No, that's CS for you :p

I would advice to follow up and make it clear that the issue is not resolved. Best thing to do is include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134457

The answer for my support ticket about this problem:

SQUARE ENIX is unable to provide game hints, tips or strategy. We recommend that you seek assistance from the manuals, strategy guides (BRADYGAMES - www.bradygames.com), other players and the various Community Sites. An excellent site we can recommend is na.square-enix.com and forums.eidosgames.com. A suggestion I would give you would be to go on the related forums there and inquire directly to other players what exactly your issue is and perhaps they experienced similar problems.

What can i say now?! :D LOL...
Anyway in this video's description i'll explain in detail how to continue with a trainer. This only works in PC and with this you have all skills and all upgraded weapons, but at least you continue your own game.

The CS rep obviously misunderstood the problem.

I would advice to follow up your ticket and include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

Now I got reply from square enix
"We were unable to distinguish your issue from your description. Please reply with the following information.

Problem Description:
Current objective in the area you are stuck in:"

This is ridicilous. They act like they have never heard about this problem...that always happens when you have problems with any game or software. The companies always try to avoid responsibility :(

Let's not jump to any hasty conclusions, please :)

The CS rep said that they can't make out which bug you are talking about and they invited you to be more descriptive so that they can help you.

Including the current mission objective in your support ticket will help them pin point what you are referring to.

I would also advice to include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

-----

Let us know how you get on, everyone. We're here to help :)

Driber
12th Mar 2013, 10:17
Also, to clarify - this bug is also called "a pirate's life bug" and "Block & Tackle bug".
I've edited the thread title to make it more clear.

Aziz
12th Mar 2013, 10:18
No, that's CS for you :p

I would advice to follow up and make it clear that the issue is not resolved. Best thing to do is include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

The CS rep obviously misunderstood the problem.

I would advice to follow up your ticket and include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

Let's not jump to any hasty conclusions, please :)

The CS rep said that they can't make out which bug you are talking about and they invited you to be more descriptive so that they can help you.

Including the current mission objective in your support ticket will help them pin point what you are referring to.

I would also advice to include a link to this thread in your support ticket, so that the CS rep knows exactly which bug you are talking about.

-----

Let us know how you get on, everyone. We're here to help :)

I already replied to the email fro SE with plenty of links from these forums and youtube links.
I'm just so pissed off by this. I asked for a reclamation form from SE and will try to get my money back.

Driber you are doing a great job here. Didn't mean to be ahole to you or anyone in this forum

Chr0n0s
12th Mar 2013, 10:43
Driber you really try to help us at least! But for god sake, we received four answers for the exact same problem, AND ALL FOUR IS DIFFERENT??!! :) But, i nearly forgot... In one thing all is the same... None of them answers the original question. Now what we need to think about the technical support? It seems these are just randomly generated answers from outer space. :D
And as i mentioned earlier, in the patch the developers closed the beach path, so the bug is never happen again, but this proves they know very well this problem!

kungfutse
12th Mar 2013, 14:01
Driber you really try to help us at least! But for god sake, we received four answers for the exact same problem, AND ALL FOUR IS DIFFERENT??!! :) But, i nearly forgot... In one thing all is the same... None of them answers the original question. Now what we need to think about the technical support? It seems these are just randomly generated answers from outer space. :D
And as i mentioned earlier, in the patch the developers closed the beach path, so the bug is never happen again, but this proves they know very well this problem!

Seems like a typical first tier CS rep answer. You need to remember that usually customer services in any larger company are outsourced to specialized companies and people there may not have any in-depth information about a particular game, let alone of a particular bug. Only after escalating the CS issue you'll get a person who may actually be in-the-know about the topic at hand. Not saying the system is all that good, but that is what we have and learning to live with this fact will save you a lot of headache.

At least in my answer that I got from the SE customer service, the rep acknowledged the bug and informed me that the dev team is aware of it and basically promised that it will be fixed on the next Title Update for Xbox 360. Hope so, because I'd really hate to restart the game at ~80% completion.

And... all it would have required from the game is to make an autosave at the start of the level and a menu option to restart a level and this problem would have pretty much resolved itself.

Driber
12th Mar 2013, 15:27
Please remember to keep things on topic as much as possible in this tech forum section, folks.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but if bug report threads derail into discussions about CS quality, it clutters things and that makes it harder for everyone to follow the progress on the bug issues, so then we have to delete off topics posts to keep things tidy.

The above is not *too* bad yet; this is just a head's up in case the thread does get derailed further, so let's get back on topic, please :)

Of course the devs know about this bug!

We've got a good number of eyes on this forum from the company so that whatever you guys post here goes straight to the devs :)

The PC got a patch already relatively quick after the bug was discovered so that it doesn't happen to anyone else. The consoles unfortunately have to wait longer due to the different process of releasing Title Updates. But as that CS said - they are on their way!

Curento
12th Mar 2013, 16:01
Ironically, since I haven't had the heart to start a game a-new, my girlfriend borrowed my copy and has now finished the game, managed to get a flawless playthrough with no game breaking bugs... wish I had her luck. :P

I know what you mean man, I ultimately ended up replaying it even after I mentioned I wouldn´t, I just couldn´t wait to see if they were going to fix it, and If they did, will they fix it so that it doesn´t happen anymore, but you still had to do it all over again, or will they really give us an option so that we could only restart that area.

But what took me about 6-8 hours (Exploring and so) in my first playthrough to that beach point, I did it 3 tops on the next. I skipped everything and always went to where the beacon pointed. I Didnt even collected anything, just enough crates and such to keep going. So I´d say give it a couple days, since they did fix the PC video card major issues, if nothing happen, just do like i did and skip everything, youll reach that same point you are stuck at in no time. Don´t miss the ending.

Driber
12th Mar 2013, 16:08
This thread is really confusing :/

Is this the "Block & Tackle" aka "a pirate's life" mission bug (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134457) or not? :scratch:

jiojiop
12th Mar 2013, 17:45
Happened to me too two days ago. PS3.

I had retrieved the tackle from the ship mast, but on my way back to turn it in to Jonah, I got distracted by that darn little boat. My radar vision had already detected some treasures up over on that side, so I could hardly resist the temptation to try to get over there.

As soon as I got up at the top of that ledge from grabbing the rock wall after jumping with the boat (you all know where) it triggered a dialogue about finding some guy. All the NPCs would talk about is finding that guy, except for the black woman, who kept telling me to find her tools from the Endurance.

The quest is:

A Pirate's Life: Recover block and tackle from The Galleon.
o Return to Jonah with the block and tackle

The quest objective points to the campfire (Survivors' Camp @ Shipwreck Beach), and from the fast travel in the campfire, it shows the objective marker as being at Forest Ruins @ Coastal Forest, which is the second fast travel camp (an early area of the game). That's the area where you were with the bespectacled coward and you had to open the heavy doors together with your upgraded pickaxe on a wheel that was hard to turn. When I fast-travel to this area, there is no quest objective beacon.

By the way, I tried the savegame for PS3 that was uploaded here, but it wasn't recognised by my game. The savegame had the prefix BLES whereas mine has the prefix BLUS. Different regions maybe? I'm in Canada.

What I'm not clear about is if they're merely saying that they will soon have the PC patch come to the consoles, which only PREVENTS the bug from happening, or whether the devs are actually working on another patch beyond that one which will fix already glitched savegames. I want to know if I should restart the game, or just play something else while waiting for the patch.

Curento
12th Mar 2013, 17:50
This thread is really confusing :/

Is this the "Block & Tackle" aka "a pirate's life" mission bug (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134457) or not? :scratch:

Yes, at least for me it is, I went exploring up to the point where you need the bow upgrade to use it on climbing surfaces, prior retrieving the block and tackle, so when I went for it, it wasn,t there anymore, there weren,t enemies either in the boat.

JerryPants
12th Mar 2013, 18:37
Yes, at least for me it is, I went exploring up to the point where you need the bow upgrade to use it on climbing surfaces, prior retrieving the block and tackle, so when I went for it, it wasn,t there anymore, there weren,t enemies either in the boat.

Yeah.... I used the small boat to climb up and explored that entire area before even starting the very first cut-scene in Shipwreck Beach.... :(
Pirate boat is also empty for me....

JerryPants
12th Mar 2013, 18:45
My ticket reply from Square-Enix:

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It will be forwarded to the
appropriate party. We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Please
attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this
issue to development and management. Please note, that a possible solution is to
return to campsite on the beach and melee Jonah at the campsite. This might
trigger the game to give you the new gear to progress into the next area. Thank
you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions
of our upcoming titles.

Did someone start spreading the "melee Jonah" fix? It didn't work for me and can't imagine that working for anyone... Did someone play a big joke?

Tecstar70
12th Mar 2013, 22:16
I never used that little boat at all on my first play through. (I guess i avoided it like the plague so i didn't get stuck!) What's it for?

dockie
13th Mar 2013, 09:19
I think there was originally something on top of the shipping container to pickup, and the boat is needed for that.

Tecstar70
13th Mar 2013, 11:29
I think there was originally something on top of the shipping container to pickup, and the boat is needed for that.

I got that without the boat.

eyal8a
13th Mar 2013, 11:59
I am having the same problem on the PS3 system
what's going on with the FIX patch ???

Driber
13th Mar 2013, 12:15
By the way, I tried the savegame for PS3 that was uploaded here, but it wasn't recognised by my game. The savegame had the prefix BLES whereas mine has the prefix BLUS. Different regions maybe? I'm in Canada.

If you mean my save, then that might be the problem, yes. I have an EU PS3 and EU copy of TR9. The save files may be region locked.

Can anyone confirm this by trying out the save on your PS3 and reporting what region you are in?

Here's the post with the save file:http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1877917&postcount=85

What I'm not clear about is if they're merely saying that they will soon have the PC patch come to the consoles, which only PREVENTS the bug from happening, or whether the devs are actually working on another patch beyond that one which will fix already glitched savegames. I want to know if I should restart the game, or just play something else while waiting for the patch.

The upcoming fix for the rope ascender bug (endurance bug) will include fixing the save file itself so that players do not have to start from the beginning. I *think* it may be the same with the upcoming fix for this Block&Tackle bug. But please don't quote me on that, it is merely an educated guess, not official info :cool:

Aziz
13th Mar 2013, 12:39
Tomorrow a week has passed since I got stuck

Tecstar70
13th Mar 2013, 12:58
Hey everyone here is a suggest fix for anyone stuck on Shipwreck beach. I had a user call in and they pointed out that they returned to there campsite on the beach, melee Jonah at the campsite that might trigger the game to give you the new gear to progress into the next area. This is not a permanent fix since we have not been able to implement it, but you are more than welcome to try it and see if it works for you.

Has anyone tried this?

drumandbassdj
13th Mar 2013, 13:23
OK so heres what happened:

you get to the boat and give a hand trying to put the engine in
Cant manage it, so they tell you to go get the block and tackle
Heres where i went to explore the area, before going to get the block and tackle
i did the flooded vault tomb and got a few collectables
then went to try get the block and tackle. but the mast is already down here and there is no block and tackle on the floor

I did exactly the same thing and had the same problem. I've got 100% on every level with all collectibles and challenges upto that point and so don't want to restart the game. I am playing the EU ps3 version and have found loads of people who had the same bug. It needs patching asap with a bug fix or a restart level option, PLEASE EIDOS SORT IT OUT!!!

drumandbassdj
13th Mar 2013, 14:28
I try to explain the situation with pictures!

So, before doing any main quests on this map, we pushed the movable boat from here:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_ees6vqsjw0.jpg

To this location:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_3hsvj45kn1.jpg

With the boat...
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_mzarlyxntj.jpg

We reach the area normally available ONLY WITH THE COMPOUND BOW with ease!!! This step triggers the problem somehow!
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_w5tcqa8dox.jpg

After explore the whole "Electric puzzle Tomb area" i take the story quest "Reach the Galleon". My map shows this:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_hfytcszntc.jpg

My "instinct" waypoint:
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_9sji1gg7og.jpg

But in the Galleon i found the mast already broken and the important quest item is never here...
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_x6jzcg95ux.jpg

So, the story is stuck in this waypoint at the other end of the Galleon!
http://www.kephost.com/images4/2013/3/9/a1_2013_3_9_8z9jvasd9e.jpg

I hope this helps a lot, and clearly presents the true nature of the bug. I'm sorry for my english, i'm a hungarian customer... :)

Here's a video what i do with the boat:

And now my story quest is:

Yes EIDOS I followed the same steps as detailed and encountered the same problem. Please sort it with a patch and/or level select/ level restart asap.

SCobraS
13th Mar 2013, 18:39
Hello Eidos staff and others.

I'm having the same issue here on PS3, at mission "the fast way down" aka "rendezvous with other survivors" ("Travel to the survivors' camp" isn't checked) which, I guess, is just before "A pirate's life".
As this issue is common to more than 1 particular mission, I'm quite disagreeing with the name you've chosen for this thread. I would have think to something like "Shipwreck Beach Glitch (movable boat + rock)".
I think that these different bugged consequences are due to this same glitch.
In my case, after exploring the right side (on map) of the beach by using the boat + rock glitch, I headed for the orange light target (the boat where the black woman is). Then, I don't know exactly what SHOULD have happened but firstly, I stopped at my mates, at the campfire and all I could do was talking with them a few times. If I remember well (it now was 3 days ago), they were talking about finding our blond mate (Alex?). When I joined the black woman on the boat, nothing happened...

jyddpn_20130313_184418.jpg

Here you can see the orange light objective next to me (I can only walk once I'm on that boat, not run)

misiokicio
13th Mar 2013, 21:32
nah, i tried bloody everythin. Ps3 here as well, exact same bug, happened today,

jiojiop
13th Mar 2013, 21:52
Hello Eidos staff and others.

I'm having the same issue here on PS3, at mission "the fast way down" aka "rendezvous with other survivors" ("Travel to the survivors' camp" isn't checked) which, I guess, is just before "A pirate's life".
As this issue is common to more than 1 particular mission, I'm quite disagreeing with the name you've chosen for this thread. I would have think to something like "Shipwreck Beach Glitch (movable boat + rock)".
I think that these different bugged consequences are due to this same glitch.
In my case, after exploring the right side (on map) of the beach by using the boat + rock glitch, I headed for the orange light target (the boat where the black woman is). Then, I don't know exactly what SHOULD have happened but firstly, I stopped at my mates, at the campfire and all I could do was talking with them a few times. If I remember well (it now was 3 days ago), they were talking about finding our blond mate (Alex?). When I joined the black woman on the boat, nothing happened...

Ya, I think Chr0n0s summed it up on page 3. Essentially, getting to the top of that rock wall in question triggers story progress (not mission progress - just story and characters) to the "search for Alex" section. You're supposed to make it up to the top of the rock wall using the Compound Bow, which you get by returning the bait&tackle to Jonah, but there is another way up, and that is by using the boat.

If you manage to get up to the top using this alternate unforeseen method, wherever you are in the mission, it won't progress and you will have no way of completing it because the story and characters will have been set to the "search for Alex" section of the game. Your mission objective will be frozen at whatever earlier point you were at, but the characters – friends and enemies – will only talk about Alex and what's happened to him, so you are unable to complete earlier missions.

It's pretty bizarre that the NPCs aren't set in sync with the mission objectives and don't spawn/despawn/react differently upon completion of mission objectives. Because that seems to be what's causing this: characters are reacting as if you're on a later mission but you're still stuck in an earlier one, which means mission progression and story progression don't march forward in step. Instead, they have separate trigger points. Does that make sense, guys?

misiokicio
13th Mar 2013, 23:44
Could someone provide me with his save game? Like saved not far away from the beach or just about? it might be possible to use it and continue from this point,,, http://www.ehow.com/how_10007304_change-ownership-ps3-game-saves.html there is guide how to copy the save game...

drumandbassdj
14th Mar 2013, 02:22
If they fix the bug I don't think it will help people that are already suffering from it unless they let us restart chapters.
Yeah, it definately needs a level restart option. I wish the boat had just been tied up in the first place so that you could only move it a little way. Fingers crossed the patch comes out soon and gives you the block and tackle automatically as that should sort it out.

drumandbassdj
14th Mar 2013, 02:35
I have decided to do all the multiplayer trophies while I wait for a patch to be released then I'll come back to the story afterwards. Btw if anyone is a trophy hunter like me there's no point using someone else's game save as it makes trophies unachievable. :mad2:

jiojiop
14th Mar 2013, 03:12
Could someone provide me with his save game? Like saved not far away from the beach or just about? it might be possible to use it and continue from this point,,, http://www.ehow.com/how_10007304_change-ownership-ps3-game-saves.html there is guide how to copy the save game...

Driber already did:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1877917&postcount=85

It's an EU game save, so it might not work if you have a NA game. It'd be amazing if you report back here on whether it worked or didn't and what region your game is. That'd help everyone to know if it'll work for them.

And like drum said, it does disable trophies.

dany00711
14th Mar 2013, 05:46
also repair this in boat section where is no textures :(

http://youtu.be/fZjfZK-a46M

dockie
14th Mar 2013, 08:10
Atleast CS seem to be acknowledging the bug now

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the glitch you are experiencing. Thank you for submitting the information you did. This issue has been escalated. We would like to refer you to the Eidos forums website (forums.eidosgames.com) for other users with the similar glitch and that have found work-arounds the glitch so you may continue your progress through the game. We suggest searching for the "Block & Tackle" thread.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

misiokicio
14th Mar 2013, 10:21
Driber already did:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1877917&postcount=85

It's an EU game save, so it might not work if you have a NA game. It'd be amazing if you report back here on whether it worked or didn't and what region your game is. That'd help everyone to know if it'll work for them.

And like drum said, it does disable trophies.

OK, done it, and i can confirm it works! 46% of the game, not bad. it does recognise that this save does not belong to me and trophy will not be saved from now on... i'll try to work about and see if it possible to maybe use my save game with the progress of this game save... I am in Scotland so same EU version of the game.

Driber
14th Mar 2013, 10:30
Everyone, please be advised that we've merged a bunch of threads on this issue and that Meagan has taken over the OP, which now contains detailed intormation about this confirmed bug.

OK, done it, and i can confirm it works! 46% of the game, not bad. it does recognise that this save does not belong to me and trophy will not be saved from now on... i'll try to work about and see if it possible to maybe use my save game with the progress of this game save... I am in Scotland so same EU version of the game.

Thanks for confirming.

I'll add the information to my post.

It probably will NOT work to use my save to save it on another slot and enabling trophies; I'm pretty sure Sony has implemented protection against that for people who try to cheat. But it's worth a shot. Let me know how it goes :)

-----

Does anyone happen to have a clean save game of a NA version where Lara is on or just before the beach?

jiojiop
14th Mar 2013, 16:01
Yeah, it definately needs a level restart option. I wish the boat had just been tied up in the first place so that you could only move it a little way. Fingers crossed the patch comes out soon and gives you the block and tackle automatically as that should sort it out.

That won't work. I have the block and tackle and can't progress. We need the bow.

highdust
14th Mar 2013, 21:21

The DNA tracker on Assassins Creed 3 was fricken awesome. Plus in that game you could restart a level on a whim or reload last checkpoint. Maybe they should implement something like that, or probably too much of a programming nightmare to do it.

Anyhow one more player here that decided that pulling the boat over to the climbable cliff was a good idea. Shame on me for thinking that this game would be harder then previous TR games.:mad2:

/stuck... fixitnow.com

BrendanF
15th Mar 2013, 14:11
Hey guys. I noticed some people seem to have a very slightly different turn on events. So ill post mine aswell.

Upon getting to the beach, I DID NOT go to the checkpoint which activates a cut scene. I went for an explore instead. I used the boat to climb the galleon, made my way to the tomb with electricity in it, beat it and tried to go forward. This is where I realized i needed the new bow, so I tried to get down. But I couldn't. I kept dying trying to find a way down. I'd say this is a big glitch in itself. I'm not sure how it works, maybe with the new bow you can find a way down. Eventually I found a way done if I rolled into the mountain wall and slid down I could get down and back to the beach without taking damage. I should point out during all those deaths, it kept re spawning me facing the way I couldn't go. Like it wanted me to go there.

Back on the beach, the waypoint is on the boat the black woman is working on. When I go there, she tells me she needs her tools, which are on the endurance.

So I'm stuck. I DID NOT obtain the tackle from the anchor before I went exploring, and is isn't there when I climb the old boats. The mask is already down and there is no enemies there. This is where I'm stuck

The 1st time I walked past the campsite, is said I had obtained the new bow, but I can't use it. And using a camp sight doesn't upgrade my bow.

Hope this helps the devs or whoever is working on the patch. This is such an awesome game that I won't get to finish now.

Tecstar70
15th Mar 2013, 14:52
Yep, if you used the boat to climb the galleon you have screwed the story line. Its not clear if the patch will fix this once this has happened. I would advise you read any posts discussing Shipwreck Beach to see if there is a way round it, reload an old save or wait to see if the patch resolves it. If not...

JerryPants
15th Mar 2013, 16:10
Updated this morning... Patch does not fix the bug if it already has occurred... Looks like we will have to restart our games....

SCobraS
15th Mar 2013, 16:40
Hey guys. I noticed some people seem to have a very slightly different turn on events. So ill post mine aswell.
[...]
Hope this helps the devs or whoever is working on the patch. This is such an awesome game that I won't get to finish now.

I didn't talk about it but yes, exactly the same until bow stuff (I don't remember having messages talking about a new bow).

Aziz
15th Mar 2013, 18:37
The patch/update did not help if you already have encountered the bug. And we morons waited and waited...could have played the story from the beginning if I knew that they cannot fix it for those who are stuck with storyline.

Blayden
15th Mar 2013, 23:03
Are they planning on fixing the bug for those who already encountered it?

Driber
15th Mar 2013, 23:19
Are they planning on fixing the bug for those who already encountered it?

The info is in the OP.

andyg
16th Mar 2013, 23:25
i am in the same situation as some on here concerning the 'shipwreck beach', i am playing this game on Xbox 360, got to the beach, my mates told me to go and find the piece of equipment but alas i decided to go and explore, managed to get up the side of the mountain where a tomb was (the one with the electrified water) sorted that but i cant get back down to the beach as i now know i need an upgraded bow, now this is the first time, playing a game, i have connected my Xbox to the internet so am a bit ignorant about how all this works, so back to my question.....can this problem be fixed by a 'patch' off the game-makers or will i have to re start the game, and to be honest if i have to do that, although i think this game is great (apart from this problem) i will not be recommending it to others......thank you

DopeCoach
17th Mar 2013, 13:05
It probably could be fixed through a patch, but whether or not it WILL be fixed is anybody's guess. I pretty much went through the exact same steps as you. Apparently it is fixed for people who have not reached that point in the story yet through a title update (which I believe is different than an official patch), but basically it's not looking good for the rest of us. I too will not be recommending this game (or future Eidos/CD products) to others, and would advise just starting over. I'd guess it's a 50/50 shot at best of it getting fixed at all, let alone within the next couple months. However they ARE working on it, so there is hope. My backlog is pretty huge, so I'm holding out in case it gets fixed.

dragulaAC
17th Mar 2013, 17:46
Yeah this glitch happened to me too. (PS3) Got the 'block and tackle', then went exploring before getting the 'compound bow' and decided to rope pull the little boat across the whole beach to access the climbable wall. Which, in retrospect, i knew seemed a little goofy to be the method they intended me to use...but it worked, so i kept going, completed a nearby tomb, and made it as far as I could without the 'compound bow' until i actually needed it to proceed, and realized what had happened. I backtracked back to the beach to get it and he just stood there like I already had it...dang

andyg
17th Mar 2013, 21:26
sorry for showing my ignorance here but what is a 'title update' are they automatically downloaded through xbox live or do you have to look for them on the net and somehow get them into you're gaming machine, feel a bit of a numpty asking this question but if you dont ask......and so on :-)

andyg
17th Mar 2013, 21:37
DopeCoach
sorry for showing my ignorance but what is a 'title update' and how do they work, as in getting them into you're gaming machine.

dragulaAC
I didnt get the block and tackle just went exploring (after my mates told me to get the block and tackle) i too felt it was a bit strange they way you had to keep pulling that boat over to the rock, but as you say it worked, how did you get back down to the beach from that mountain, i cant, as the way i got there was down a 'zip line' that i cant use now as it is too high for me to jump up to and the other way i need the upgraded bow (which i dont have) maybe the Xbox version is slightly different to the PS3 one..

Sorovassi
18th Mar 2013, 00:08
Hi everybody. So, i started playing Tomb raider 2 days ago, and now im having the same problem.

I have just an ideia for the Eidos Team: Create an especific patch og atualization for who already has the Block & Title bug. A patch where you put the cut scene again, or puting the piece of the anchor in another place, easy to find, just to fix this bug. Sorry my poor english. I'm brazilian, and i think that there's too many people with this bug. Just an ideia Eidos or Square Enix. Think about.

DopeCoach
18th Mar 2013, 04:31
andyg - according to a google search, apparently a title update IS in fact a patch you download upon startup. However I never received a prompt to download one (that I can remember) even though one came out on the 13 supposedly to fix the bug for players who had not encountered that point in the story yet.

regardless, people who have already encountered the bug are screwed until further notice. sucks to be us.

Driber
18th Mar 2013, 10:56
DopeCoach
sorry for showing my ignorance but what is a 'title update' and how do they work, as in getting them into you're gaming machine.

A TU is the equivalent to a "patch" on PC.

If your PS3/360 is connected to the internet, you should see a prompt at the start of your game that tells you that there is an TU available and if you want to install it.

The second TU for PS3 went live last week. If you didn't get prompted, make sure your console is connected to the web.

The second TU for 360 has JUST NOW gone live. If you're on 360, try it again!

andyg - according to a google search, apparently a title update IS in fact a patch you download upon startup. However I never received a prompt to download one (that I can remember) even though one came out on the 13 supposedly to fix the bug for players who had not encountered that point in the story yet.

Make sure your console is connected to the web :)

dragulaAC
18th Mar 2013, 15:39
DopeCoach
dragulaAC
I didnt get the block and tackle just went exploring (after my mates told me to get the block and tackle) i too felt it was a bit strange they way you had to keep pulling that boat over to the rock, but as you say it worked, how did you get back down to the beach from that mountain, i cant, as the way i got there was down a 'zip line' that i cant use now as it is too high for me to jump up to and the other way i need the upgraded bow (which i dont have) maybe the Xbox version is slightly different to the PS3 one..

I backtracked as far as I could towards the camp, and had to hang from the side of a cliff due to a fairly steep drop to survive. I think it was near a rope bridge. If you don't hang, it's just to steep to jump down and you'll die, that's the only way I could find to get back there. However it didn't matter, since if you're there now, the npc's have stepped forward and won't give you the block and tackle or compound bow..

andyg
18th Mar 2013, 19:35
well had a download today (xbox) but nothing changed still stuck up this mountain, seems what some has said is right, these 'downloads/patches/TU' will only work if you have not encountered these problems yet, guess its a restart of the game now what a pain...

dragula
seems you went a bit further than me (wondering how you done that) as the only rope bridge near me is spanning over a body of water(which is only about 20ft down) leading to a waterfall, sorry for asking these questions, and if you can remember when you was up this mountain and went over the rope bridge jumped over to what looked like a ships mast (the ship is a wreck on the sand below), you are standing on a flat bit (connected to the mast) and a pole you can connect a rope to (from the bow) you can see a climbable wall a bit of a camp (shacks) did you're arrow with the rope stick into this climbable wall (so you could get over) doesn't matter if you cant remember just curious as i will have to start this game again

BrendanF
19th Mar 2013, 00:38
Well not sure what on earth that title update did. I'm still stuck. Didn't even fix the boat pulling glitch. I was still able to get it from the pier to the rock face were not meant to climb. I'm still being told to get the black women's tools from the endurance. I walked over to the camp sight and it said I had acquired the compound bow.... I thought this was the fix and everyone just got it by default... But I've still got the 2nd bow. So I still can't progress

For a 43mb update I was expecting something to actually happen...

Getting rather pissed off now

TheMilksteak
19th Mar 2013, 00:48
Same thing here. Can't get the tools. Mast still broken although I never did it. This sucks.

jiojiop
19th Mar 2013, 04:08
how did you get back down to the beach from that mountain, i cant, as the way i got there was down a 'zip line' that i cant use now as it is too high for me to jump up to and the other way i need the upgraded bow (which i dont have) maybe the Xbox version is slightly different to the PS3 one..

From that area with the tomb entrance (the one that had electrified water), you go to the edge so that you can see the rope line below (this was where you entered from coming into this region when you ziplined down from the wrecked ship's deck. You found Millie's bunny there.) You can jump off the edge of the cliff such that you'll land on the zipline rope and Lara will automatically grab hold of it, stopping your fall.

dragulaAC
19th Mar 2013, 05:44
well had a download today (xbox) but nothing changed still stuck up this mountain, seems what some has said is right, these 'downloads/patches/TU' will only work if you have not encountered these problems yet, guess its a restart of the game now what a pain...

I think you are as far as you can possibly get. You need the compound bow to attach the rope dart to climbable walls, which is the only way to get across that massive gap. And we can't get it if you are here and don't already have it...wondering if I should switch over and work on MP and by then perhaps they will have a fix for us..or then I'll have to start over

psxexpert
19th Mar 2013, 05:59
Went through game again, got to the shipwreck beach. All skills unlocked and enough salvage to make it through the rest of the game. For PS3 users (US version)

https://mega.co.nz/#!CQ92nKbJ!R_Wj6VI7KfqYkDZmxLaUFxdbJpFc4MFih38gNJHHo74

Hope this helps you out if you didn't want to start over :)

dany00711
19th Mar 2013, 09:51
what about this problem which i had

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/534271

from 2:01 in this video to 3:22 i have all video cutscene OK after that

i see only this instead of video cutscene

http://s3.postimage.org/y6wnolb9f/Bez_n_zvu.jpg

so I send to my friend my save folder and he pass it OK

then i copy save file to my pc and i see this

http://s4.postimage.org/iyqo236hp/Bez_n_zvu.jpg

so everything is OK

so i dont know what the problem with this cutscene all cutscenes in game i have OK just this one also graphics was ok no missing textures or something just in this session

Driber
19th Mar 2013, 10:39
Went through game again, got to the shipwreck beach. All skills unlocked and enough salvage to make it through the rest of the game. For PS3 users

https://mega.co.nz/#!CQ92nKbJ!R_Wj6VI7KfqYkDZmxLaUFxdbJpFc4MFih38gNJHHo74

Hope this helps you out if you didn't want to start over :)

What region is this for?

I already uploaded a PS3 save at the beach, UK (EU) version a while ago :)

andyg
19th Mar 2013, 18:56
Ok, i wont ask anymore about this problem as i honestly think it can not be 'fixed' but just one last time..

Jiojiop
i am playing the game now and looking at you're comment, but i cant see any way to jump down to the 'zip line' i came in on, if you have the time can you take a look at the link below (youtube) just to see if we are talking about the same place, the line that i used to get to this mountain is at 2:02:11 in the video and the way that i am supposed to go is at 2:12:59 but my rope arrow will not stick into the rock face....thanks if you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL6DvrDKWg4

but to be honest even if i did get down off this mountain i think i would encounter the other glitch, so thanks every body who has advised me on this, shame about these problems as its a pretty good game

jiojiop
19th Mar 2013, 20:17
Ok, i wont ask anymore about this problem as i honestly think it can not be 'fixed' but just one last time..

Jiojiop
i am playing the game now and looking at you're comment, but i cant see any way to jump down to the 'zip line' i came in on, if you have the time can you take a look at the link below (youtube) just to see if we are talking about the same place, the line that i used to get to this mountain is at 2:02:11 in the video and the way that i am supposed to go is at 2:12:59 but my rope arrow will not stick into the rock face....thanks if you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL6DvrDKWg4

but to be honest even if i did get down off this mountain i think i would encounter the other glitch, so thanks every body who has advised me on this, shame about these problems as its a pretty good game

Not that zipline. I mean the zipline to enter that whole area where you're trapped. That is, the zipline at 1:50:43. You can jump down off the cliffs near the tomb and land on end of that zipline (it has a wooden frame around it). He's looking down over at the platform (aka. not standing on, but looking at it) you should be standing to jump off at 2:01:08. If you walk over to the edge and peer over the cliff and down from there, you should be able to see the zipline and jump down onto it.

The quest is still glitched though. I'm just answering because you wanted to know how others got down. I just restarted the game because I got sick of waiting and wanted to see the end. My friends had already finished it and I couldn't talk about it with them.

andyg
19th Mar 2013, 22:19
jiojiop
well cheers mate just got off this damn mountain, but as you said if its still has a glitch i cant finish the game, think i will do a bit of exploring before restarting, thanks

Blayden
20th Mar 2013, 00:13
I'm just gonna restart then, It's been too long so I feel it won't be patched ever and we're going to be forced to restart anyway. It sucks though because I have 100% on all the regions I've unlocked and now I have do it all over again, and on hard as well.