PDA

View Full Version : Block & Tackle Bug | OP updated March 19

Pages : 1 [2]

andyg
20th Mar 2013, 00:29
wonder if we can get compensation for all the stress of going through a traumatic story again lol

well its right no block and tackle

Sprock
20th Mar 2013, 09:36
So... Update is availabe? i didn't get it

Tecstar70
20th Mar 2013, 09:38
So... Update is availabe? i didn't get it

You should get any updates when you fire up the game as far as I am aware. What platform are you playing on?

Sprock
20th Mar 2013, 09:40
ps3... I've just switch on my console and the update doesn't appear!

lkuro
20th Mar 2013, 12:29
i've got the update but still stuck at shipwreck, no cutscene to get the compound bow is happening

SE_LaTanya
20th Mar 2013, 16:31
Sprock, are you connected online? The patch came out March 15th, maybe you already got it? Please check that you have version 1.02 of the game. This is located in the Game Data Utility section in the PS3.

andyg
20th Mar 2013, 17:39
i have recently had a download/update/patch for my Xbox but it did not change anything so i am assuming if you have already experienced this problem this download will not change anything, you will have to restart the game and hopefully the 'patch/download' will then work

i did send a message to 'square-enix' enquiring about this problem and below is their reply:

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Tomb Raider.

You may have to clear the system cache of your Xbox360 in case there is an issue with the stored game data. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. Press the 'Guide' button on your controller.
2. Go to the 'Settings' menu and select 'System'.
3. Now select 'Storage' or 'Memory'.
4. Select a storage device (any one will work) and press the 'Y' button on your controller to open another menu.
5. Select the 'Clear System Cache' option.
6. Confirm your selection.

---------------------------------------------------------

i am not holding my breath on that one though...

lkuro
20th Mar 2013, 19:17
i have recently had a download/update/patch for my Xbox but it did not change anything so i am assuming if you have already experienced this problem this download will not change anything, you will have to restart the game and hopefully the 'patch/download' will then work

i did send a message to 'square-enix' enquiring about this problem and below is their reply:

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Tomb Raider.

You may have to clear the system cache of your Xbox360 in case there is an issue with the stored game data. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. Press the 'Guide' button on your controller.
2. Go to the 'Settings' menu and select 'System'.
3. Now select 'Storage' or 'Memory'.
4. Select a storage device (any one will work) and press the 'Y' button on your controller to open another menu.
5. Select the 'Clear System Cache' option.
6. Confirm your selection.

---------------------------------------------------------

i am not holding my breath on that one though...

how can this be done on the PS3?

andyg
20th Mar 2013, 19:22
lkuro
sorry mate dont know about ps3, but i am a bit dubious about this solution (haven't tried it yet)

Sprock
20th Mar 2013, 20:42
Sprock, are you connect online? The patch came out March 15th, maybe you already got it?
I got it! But in the first post I read "LIVE" and I thought there was a new update... isn't that?

dragulaAC
20th Mar 2013, 23:26
I believe this patch only fixes the issue/glitch for people who haven't already had it happen yet. Rather, it prevents it from happening. As of this point, the patch doesn't help us, who already have the glitch..

As for PS3, game data is located in the xmb in the 'game' column, all the way at the top is a folder for 'Game Data'. In there, locate "Tomb Raider game data' and hit 'Triangle' and select delete..

Blayden
21st Mar 2013, 03:41
I believe this patch only fixes the issue/glitch for people who haven't already had it happen yet. Rather, it prevents it from happening. As of this point, the patch doesn't help us, who already have the glitch..

As for PS3, game data is located in the xmb in the 'game' column, all the way at the top is a folder for 'Game Data'. In there, locate "Tomb Raider game data' and hit 'Triangle' and select delete..

I ended up deleting my additional content instead for ps3.

suelouise42
21st Mar 2013, 07:42
Update 3/19
when is this patch coming i have been calling you and all you say is your working on it i have played every tomb raider game going and never encounter this sort of thing is really isnt fair i refuse to start it again in hard mode.!!!!
Hey guys,

Quick update: This issue was prevented in Title Update #2. The team is putting a lot of effort into finding a solution for those of you who have already experienced it, but we’re not sure just yet when the next Title Update will go live. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth waiting for a potential fix to this issue, or if you’d like to restart the game. We greatly apologize for the problem.

----
Hello everyone,
when is this patch coming i have been calling you and all you say is your working on it i have played every tomb raider game going and never encounter this sort of thing is really isnt fair i refuse to start it again in hard mode.!!!!
We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Block & Tackle” bug.

This is a rare bug caused by using a rowboat to bypass a cinematic and the galleon mission, making it impossible for the user to get the compound bow. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring in new playthroughs in our next title update. We are still investigating a fix that addresses the problem for those of you who have already encountered the bug.

However until the next title update is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of next patch/title update: LIVE

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Scroll down in the Pause Menu until “Change Save Slot” is highlighted.
2. Access “Change Save Slot” with the A button (or equivalent on other platforms).
3. Highlight an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
4. Press the A button to confirm and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data confirm that you wish to overwrite the existing progress by pressing left on the D-pad and confirming with the A button.
5. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the Start Button.

1. Press the ESC key to open the Pause Menu and click on “Change Save Slot”.
2. Look at the three slots and choose an unused slot (or a slot that the user wishes to overwrite for a backup save).
3. Click on the slot to confirm saving in that slot, and dismiss the “Game Saved” pop-up.
a. If a save slot is chosen that already contains save data, confirm that you wish to overwrite the save data in that slot by choosing "Yes" in the pop-up.
4. Dismiss the Pause Menu by pressing the ESC key.

Bug specifics below:

This is a bug during the chapters “The Fast Way Down” or “A Pirate’s Life” in the “Shipwreck Beach” in which Lara is gathering the Block & Tackle for Jonah. The user is able to bring the rowboat to the wreckage beside the dock on the way to the Endurance, and use it to climb the rock wall without activating the first cinematic or going to the galleon. The user will not be able to progress past the second galleon wreck and will be forced to return to the survivor base camp. However, the user will no longer be able to get the compound bow, which halts them from progressing to then Endurance mission. This issue cannot be fixed by fast traveling or reloading from a checkpoint.

Tecstar70
21st Mar 2013, 08:32

The Title Update #2 for Xbox and PS3 is now live.

suelouise42
21st Mar 2013, 09:32
no update has come through on my xbox whats going on ?

suelouise42
21st Mar 2013, 09:34
i called them and apparently you will get an update via the game when you start it up when i got the game there was loads of updates everytime i played it now hardly any they said clear system cache i did that several times still nothing i callled them last night they are still working on it!! dosent help us tho does it really disappointed in this game.

Tecstar70
21st Mar 2013, 09:40
no update has come through on my xbox whats going on ?

I don't know. All I can say is that when I have started the game the updates have come down automatically. If you are not getting them (and assuming your internet connection is OK) then you should raise a support ticket with SE.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket:
North America http://support.na.square-enix.com

Europe http://support.eu.square-enix.com

Creating a Ticket
• Click on the “contact” button
• When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
• The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
• In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
• Click “Next” again
• This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
• Fill out the required information and click “Next”
• Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

andyg
21st Mar 2013, 13:13
well clearing the 'system cache' did not work :-(

SEBO
21st Mar 2013, 20:07
Guys below you'll find link with save (bug free with 69% progress) for PC version:

"TOMB RAIDER saves #3 (Fortress Tower through Shipwreck Beach)

http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html

Just download save game file, copy to your tomb raider save game folder and enjoy rest of story.

andyg
23rd Mar 2013, 18:04
So i am going to re start this game, should i delete all the saves off my h/d (Xbox) or can i just use a different game slot, worrying if i keep any of the 'glitched' saves it might affect this new game, but want to keep it just in case it gets fixed by a 'download. (grasping at straws there)

DopeCoach
23rd Mar 2013, 18:12
So i am going to re start this game, should i delete all the saves off my h/d (Xbox) or can i just use a different game slot, worrying if i keep any of the 'glitched' saves it might affect this new game, but want to keep it just in case it gets fixed by a 'download. (grasping at straws there)

you should be fine keeping the old save. it sounds like it was a script error of some sort(screwing up the order of events and how they are supposed to play out), but the patch seemed to make it so I couldn't get the boat back over to glitched area, so I guess it does prevent it from happening now. no guarantee but i would say i'm 99% sure you'd be fine (so basically i don't know :)

andyg
23rd Mar 2013, 19:01
ok, going to keep the old saves, just hope it doesnt happen again, fingers crossed..

Sjdswanlund
24th Mar 2013, 11:48
I am not able to progress either, even though I've gotten the update. I am playing on the PS3. I will try to give a detailed account of my problem.

When I first got down to beach area, I decided to explore and to look for treasures and any Tombs, before going to the actual camp, in case it would force me to miss certain stuff. So, like what many people did, I pulled the raft over to the rock wall to the west, climbed up, and soon overheard about the person going ahead, and having me to go look for him.

When I used Survival Instinct before this, the yellow light was over at the camp, by the boat, I believe. However, once I progressed far enough away, further west, exploring the Tomb in that area, the next time I used Survival Instinct, the yellow light was not in that area as before, like it had overwritten that mission.

Then, I fell down to far and accidentally died, and I decided to save and quit for that day. The next time I started the game up I was by that Tomb, the yellow light was still gone, and I went further, until I couldn't go any further because I didn't have the right gear. So I went back to the camp, talked to everyone - Sam was actually standing inside the corner wall, half her body glitched within - but they never gave me an actual mission.

I went back to the previous area, played around a bit, and had to stop playing for that moment, so I saved, then quit. Next time I started up, the yellow light was over at the boat and the mission objective said to meet up with the survivors at the camp. I headed on over to the area - Sam was sitting along the wall by the other archaeologist, Jonah was by the camp fire, and the other woman was over at the boat, trying to fix it.

It wouldn't let me talk to anyone. I headed onto the boat, and Lara's movements slowed down, like when its a scripted sequence - when you are walking and talking over the walkie-talkie for example. Nothing happened though, and I couldn't talk to the woman. This is when I started to look into the glitch online, learned about meleeing Jonah, which I tried, to no avail.

The anchor was already on the beach, and I had never went over to the ship. I went over to the ship, and if there was supposed to be enemies on it, there wasn't. The first time I tried to jump over to the one area, the broken mast was gone, so I couldn't walk over. I crossed my fingers and leaped across, and the floor was gone, but it magically appeared for me to land on. I got any treasure in that whole area, then ziplined down, with nothing else to do.

Back at the camp, it was the same stuff as before. It seems to me the game believes I did the mission to go over to the ship, yet I never did, even though the stuff is on the beach. But since I never received the mission in the first place I can't talk to anyone for my reward, to get the Rope Ascender.

So I stopped playing until the patch came out, but once it did, nothing changed. I believe this means it only fixes it for people who have yet to get there. That, or what I did, was slightly different than what the patch was for, yet different enough for it not to fix it.

Any thoughts?

Zlysher
24th Mar 2013, 18:48
I have a slightly different problem. It on the same place but didnt found anyone with this problem yet..

I took the Block and Tackle. Got the new bow. Never used that boat thing to get towards the Endurance. Found Alex en took his stuff. The next mission is to get back to the survivors camp. No problem at all. But when you land at the beach you are supposed to get a cutscene of where you hand over the tools and tell that Alex was on the ship etc. But I do not get that cutscene!

Driber
25th Mar 2013, 06:53
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

Tecstar70
25th Mar 2013, 07:45
@Sjdswanlund ; by using the boat you have broken the storyline. Unless you have a previous save I believe you have to restart.

Driber
25th Mar 2013, 07:48
@Sjdswanlund ; by using the boat you have broken the storyline. Unless you have a previous save I believe you have to restart.

Not necessarily:

Quick update: This issue was prevented in Title Update #2. The team is putting a lot of effort into finding a solution for those of you who have already experienced it, but we’re not sure just yet when the next Title Update will go live. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth waiting for a potential fix to this issue, or if you’d like to restart the game. We greatly apologize for the problem.

:)

Sjdswanlund
25th Mar 2013, 19:08
Not necessarily:

I'm going to wait. Thanks for letting us know that they are still working on fixing this issue up even further, for those of us already with the problem.

BrendanF
26th Mar 2013, 06:47
Not necessarily:

Actually, it's not. Even after the title update I was able to boat to the wall and advance further than meant to. Your update is useless

Driber
26th Mar 2013, 08:18
Actually, it's not. Even after the title update I was able to boat to the wall and advance further than meant to.

Thanks for the feedback. If you didn't already, please provide more information, such as platform, etc, so that the devs can look into it. Also providing video of how you managed to still do it after the TU would probably help a lot.

Your update is useless

The CM's update is not useless IMO; it helps to keep people informed about the proceedings and this is what members want; to keep being informed. And as you can see in the post above yours, it also helped Sjdswanlund with their decision on what to do :)

jiojiop
26th Mar 2013, 22:08
Thanks for the feedback. If you didn't already, please provide more information, such as platform, etc, so that the devs can look into it. Also providing video of how you managed to still do it after the TU would probably help a lot.

I don't even see what was changed in the update. It looked like I'd be able to do it the same way too because nothing was blocked off - I checked by walking the path with Lara. PS3. I just pulled/pushed the boat over the two shallow metal barriers, then pull/pushed it along the water near the beach, then shoved it against the platform with the climbable wall.

What you should do to prevent it is very simple: just remove the climbable wall from the platform nearest the beach. Once you get the compound bow, if you stand on the proper platform near the little white post, you can still shoot it into the climbable wall on the platform further away. The platform further away cannot be accessed via the water - so neither Lara nor the boat can make it out to that platform from the ground and jump up to it.

SCobraS
27th Mar 2013, 20:05
Well, between 2 and 3 weeks now since I had this issue and still no concrete news except to know that they are working it... Anything?

nighrkids
28th Mar 2013, 08:00
I was recomending this game to all my friends then i came across this bug....now i tell everyone to avoid this game. Who knows what other game breaking bugs are in this game.
Telling people to restart the game is pointless...its a waste of time.

Tecstar70
28th Mar 2013, 09:13
I was recomending this game to all my friends then i came across this bug....now i tell everyone to avoid this game. Who knows what other game breaking bugs are in this game.

Well we do know what other bugs there are, because good people like yourself come here and tell CD about them so they can release updates to fix them.

TricksterJ
28th Mar 2013, 11:00
Well we do know what other bugs there are, because good people like yourself come here and tell CD about them so they can release updates to fix them.

However, people like myself have been waiting for a fix for over 2 weeks now and not even had an update commenting on what's happening! Chasm Shrine is still not working and therefore I can literally do nothing!! I'm just waiting my time waiting. This is shocking for a AAA title, we expect better from Crystal and Square.

DopeCoach
28th Mar 2013, 17:55

this ^^^^

saying they're gonna release an update to fix it isn't really releasing an update to fix it now is it? if the fix comes out 3 months from now, who does it really help? most will have gotten fed up and moved on to other games by then. like most have said, starting over is the biggest cop-out suggestion you can make. release a game without game-breaking bugs or make it with a competent save system. CD did neither.

nighrkids
28th Mar 2013, 20:16
Returned the game...got my money back thanks to this thread...i was able to prove the product was broken. I really did wanted to finish the game cause it was a good game. Even got the so-called update but still no fix.
And dont try to kid us with hopes of a fix cause none is coming for those who are here posting. Same thing happened with Kingdoms of Amaleur, similiar game breaking bug yet the company brushed it under the rug and continued to release dlcs.
Sell the game, get your money back and move on.

nighrkids
28th Mar 2013, 20:19

Dont patronize me with that bs...updates dont fix bugs, they prevent it for future players.

Tecstar70
28th Mar 2013, 21:05
Dont patronize me with that bs...updates dont fix bugs, they prevent it for future players.

If your not here to help and find a resolution, why are you here? Youve sold your game, now you can move on. Bye.

nighrkids
28th Mar 2013, 21:24
That was my resolution and solutions for others who will stumble upon this thread in the future. You're right, i am out.

rafaelbs16
29th Mar 2013, 14:27

I have been wiating for a fix, update or whatever, and had no answers or solutions. So, i realised that there IS a solution, and to restart the game is it. I did, and I'm very satisfied with it, i. I beat it and it's beautiful, this game made me completely in love for Lara... The game is awesome, and took me a few hours to get to the point that I was before. And I still recommend this game to all my friends.

I don't take out the guiltiness of Square or Eidos or whatever, because to release a game with so many glitches (Block and Tackle is just the top of the iceberg) is at least irresponsible, disrespectful whit you and and our money, surely...
What you didn't understand is the complexity of the game itself. Isn't just to go there and take out the problem, is like a spider web, that when some part is broken the entire web structure falls apart (or almost), and to solve this is really complex. For your own good and fun: Just give a break, relax and play it again, man! :wave:

Blayden
30th Mar 2013, 00:39
I would restart but It's just that every location up until the beach I have 100% completion on. Even though it's a game I do not want all that I've done be for nothing. I'm waiting for this game to be fixed, I don't care how long it takes. Thank god for Bioshock Infinite(sorry)

Garethlex
31st Mar 2013, 19:53
well this is all absolutly pathetic... sorry but exactly how many of these useless tickets does it take to get a solution to this Unforseen bug ?
sorry if you structure the game it should never take this long or be this hard to get in and alter/ make changes...
The only thing the new patch did for me was improve my performance which im thankful for. But clearly the problem at had still stands... Im stuck on a beach with no upgraded bow and no way of progressing in the game.
Its like all these stupid replies i just wanna smash my keyboard..:

-Use your other save files
( sorry but maybe if you had a more advanced save option than that of a DS Game I could do what the hell I want... and maybe even be able to restart the mission seen as the game isnt exactly open world so it shouldnt be a hassle.)
-I heard you can mele Jonah for progression
WTF!? (no comment)
-Maybe you should consider restarting the game
Erm F No! like sorry but people spends hours playing this games... like hours time that could be spent doing other things more useful and then to have you guys act as though its nothing like seriously you obviously dont care.

To be honest the only option I have that will get me past this crap is to use a Trainer mod... Like serously I want to play the game for real and this is what it boils down to, pretty much takes the fun right out of the rest of the game I spent so much time on.

Also another thing this sarcastic approach to reminding everyone to keep on topic... we aint talking about a TV soap up in here... When theres no solution to a problem we look for the reason behind the hold up... the obstacle... This my friend leads onto another TOPIC!! its a damn! chain reaction !!

KMT!!

Driber
31st Mar 2013, 22:50
Remember to keep it constructive, folks. Mere rage posts will be removed.

If you can't wait for a possible savegame fix, I recommend you restart your game. Yes, I know it sucks and I feel for you, but it honestly seems like the better option over prolonged anger / bitterness.

Madonnalicious
1st Apr 2013, 15:32
LAURA CROFT IS AN BLASHPHEMI MADE BAY LADY GAGA!!!
IM MADONNA, N I'LL TRAI TO KILL LAURA!!!!!!!!
N ILL KILL LADY GAGA TOO!
WHO'S WIT ME!????

URE A STUPID HOE, A STUPID HOE BIATCH!!!!!!!!
FAK U ALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blayden
6th Apr 2013, 23:46
Still no update. Is it that hard to add like a level restart or something? That would be a good idea.

MeaganMarie
9th Apr 2013, 19:38
A new title update just went live for the Xbox 360! Can any of you who have encountered the problem on the 360 test out if you're able to progress now? If so, I'll update the OP!

Tecstar70
9th Apr 2013, 20:24
I am stuck too! I must of skip an important cut scene. I did not enter the survivors camp instead I found a boat which you can pull and continue on. I did manage to find a tomb where the water was electrify and proceed on. After wards, I am on top of a sunken ship and that is where I am stuck. Anyone else has the same issue?

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been resolved with any of the updates? If no-one posts back I will assume that it has. Thanks.

bibble.

DopeCoach
10th Apr 2013, 02:08
It is essentially fixed! For me, I never encountered the baddies on the boat and never acquired the gear, but it gave me 600xp once I entered after title update #2 and I appear to have the compound bow and a new objective marker off to the left where I originally explored. So they essentially fast forwarded my progress.

Thanks to all on the site for your help, I (and everyone else I hope) can finally finish the game now. cheers

Delpus
10th Apr 2013, 13:55
when will ps3 get the update??

MeaganMarie
10th Apr 2013, 18:33
It is essentially fixed! For me, I never encountered the baddies on the boat and never acquired the gear, but it gave me 600xp once I entered after title update #2 and I appear to have the compound bow and a new objective marker off to the left where I originally explored. So they essentially fast forwarded my progress.

Thanks to all on the site for your help, I (and everyone else I hope) can finally finish the game now. cheers

:friends:YAY! So glad to hear it!

when will ps3 get the update??

Still waiting on a timeline update. I hope soon!

Sorovassi
12th Apr 2013, 19:02
And when this update is coming for PC? If worked with the xbox, maybe will work with PC and PS3. Does somebody know?

Ardrikk
14th Apr 2013, 01:42
I downloaded the title update #3 for Xbox 360 today, excited to finally be able to play again after running into the block and tackle bug. I loaded the game and gained 600 xp and I seem to have the compound bow and a new objective to go find Alex on the Endurance.

However, when I climb onto the dock next to the climbable wall and try to fire an arrow into the rock wall, the arrow just bounces off. I've gone through my entire quiver, firing arrows at both the nearest climbable rock wall and one a little further out, past some debris, and my arrows won't stick in any of them. So is something still bugged, preventing me from using the compound bow properly and thus preventing me from progressing? Or am I using the bow wrong somehow?

pidipidi39
14th Apr 2013, 01:45
You still need to fire rope arrows :)
Not normal arrows!

Ardrikk
14th Apr 2013, 02:02
Oh right, I completely forgot that you have to hit right bumper to fire rope arrows. *blush*

pidipidi39
14th Apr 2013, 02:04
Oh, glad I could help! :D

dragulaAC
14th Apr 2013, 02:40
Way to go guys!! Had to wait it out, but my PS3 glitch has been resolved with version 1.03!!!!!

I logged in, updated, and magically received my Compound Bow that I accidentally bypassed getting...

THX again, now I can finally finish/platinum this awesome game!!!!

WOooo!!!!

pidipidi39
14th Apr 2013, 09:00
This is amazing *_*

Delpus
14th Apr 2013, 10:06
yeah! ps3 fixed.. thanks!

Chessman
16th Apr 2013, 14:16
Hi there,
the last update on the PS3 didn´t fix my problem. Still stuck at the beach after the firefight and can´t progress anymore.

SCobraS
16th Apr 2013, 21:42
Fixed for me, thx.

Tecstar70
17th Apr 2013, 09:20
Hi there,
the last update on the PS3 didn´t fix my problem. Still stuck at the beach after the firefight and can´t progress anymore.

It seems that not everybody experiences eaxactly the same issues. Some are dependent on specific gameplay actions, so it could be you have done something very specific that means the patch doesn't fix it. Can you reload an older save game?

Chessman
17th Apr 2013, 11:57
It seems that not everybody experiences eaxactly the same issues. Some are dependent on specific gameplay actions, so it could be you have done something very specific that means the patch doesn't fix it. Can you reload an older save game?

Unfortunately not. I just have this one save game. The bug appeared when I died in the attempt to join the firefight at the beach. After that I´m stuck there and cannot progress anymore.

dragulaAC
18th Apr 2013, 03:05
hmm, that seems different than everything I've heard so far. This thread's glitch was holding us up before getting to the Endurance. Looks like you made it back to the beach after getting the rope ascender. What exactly is holding you up, or glitching you?

Chessman
18th Apr 2013, 12:07
hmm, that seems different than everything I've heard so far. This thread's glitch was holding us up before getting to the Endurance. Looks like you made it back to the beach after getting the rope ascender. What exactly is holding you up, or glitching you?

Well, after dieing before reaching the firefight (after leaving the research facility) the game loaded again and I was back at the beach. Obviously after the firefight. At the boat I can not do anything. Joslin Reyes is sitting in front of it. It seems she is wounded. But I can not interact with her or the boat. If I look for the next waypoint, it is set in the middle of the sea, unreachable. The other quests are all completed. I can visit all the other locations, but can not go any further in story. So I´m stuck there.

fatmouse
22nd Apr 2013, 23:25
Chessman, you don't have the same bug the people in this thread do. For your issue, just jump on the boat (ignore where the waypoint is telling you to go), if you jump on the boat it should take you to the next area.

Chessman
23rd Apr 2013, 09:25
Chessman, you don't have the same bug the people in this thread do. For your issue, just jump on the boat (ignore where the waypoint is telling you to go), if you jump on the boat it should take you to the next area.

Hi,
I tried that many times before. But nothing happens. The boat stays there where it is.