PDA

View Full Version : Lost all my progress.

Cornish
7th Mar 2013, 19:38
Hi

I just started up the game and I have lost all the progress from playing the other day, is this a known issue??? :nut:

SE_LaTanya
7th Mar 2013, 22:15
Thank you for reporting this issue. Which platform are you playing the title on? When you restart the game are the most recent saves still there from playing the game today?

Relight-TRHQ
8th Mar 2013, 04:04
If you're playing on PC, save files are located here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\ (your user #) \203160\remote\

The path will be slightly different depending on your OS, but if you know where your Steam folder is located, you'll be able to find this from there.

profile.dat is a backup of your multiplayer and also some of your game settings, and save1.dat, save2.dat and save3.dat are the three save slots.

I would back up these files after every play session, and if you experience a problem, I would try copying the files from your last backup.

d_nic
24th Mar 2013, 05:18
Hi guys,

I am playing tomb raider on the PS3. I was at a progress of 86%. Today when i started up the game pressing the continue button, all of a sudden the eidos logo showed up and I was right at the beinning of the game in the scavanger's den. The game save said 0% and all of my progress was lost. Why did this happen and what am I supposed to do? The game was running smooth all along.

Thanks for helping.

Neosoad
24th Mar 2013, 13:42
Hi,
Same problems. I play on PC platform on steam : yesterday, i played on my computer at home, and today, i wanted to play on my laptop (i'm not at home), but i've lost my last save. Normaly I did the radio tower, and now i'm before this tower.

Relight-TRHQ
24th Mar 2013, 14:19
Same problems. I play on PC platform on steam : yesterday, i played on my computer at home, and today, i wanted to play on my laptop (i'm not at home), but i've lost my last save. Normaly I did the radio tower, and now i'm before this tower.
It sounds like this might be due to checkpoints? Were you very far past the radio tower on your original game, and when you loaded it again, were you very far before the radio tower? If it was close, then you might have not hit the next checkpoint yet - your progress (salvage, etc.) would get saved but not your exact location.

Neosoad
24th Mar 2013, 16:07
No, I thought about that, but I don't think so :

I was after the crash of the plane, in my game. Before that, i had a video, 2 camps, and many fights. I will be back at home tonight, i'll check my save on my main computer.

And my discovery (items, etc..) are not saved.

It sounds like this might be due to checkpoints? Were you very far past the radio tower on your original game, and when you loaded it again, were you very far before the radio tower? If it was close, then you might have not hit the next checkpoint yet - your progress (salvage, etc.) would get saved but not your exact location.