PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Chasm Monastery

itsnick123
7th Mar 2013, 11:17
[SPOILER ALERT]

Hello, I've just not too long ago encounter a bug/glitch that broke my game!

I was at Chasm Monastery right after the cut scene with the giant samurai guy, where there's a camp fire in the room and a door that I need to open. I opened the door, but the whole place is glitch. Large part of the is room are transparent. All I see is a path, with a sizeable pit in the middle leading to a opened door. Beyond that door is a room with a few Buddha looking statues in it, however I'm not able to step through the door.

Attempts at reloading check point bring me right back to the cut scene with the giant samurai. However this time I can clearly see the door at the back is already opened during the cut scene. After the cut scene, I walk into the room, the door is opened and the glitch is still present. In the end I stupidly fast travel away from the location hoping that might fix the problem and now I'm locked out of the monastery. There's no option for me to fast travel back to the location and the quest pointer is pointing at the beach. I went to where the boat used to be and now its not there any more.

Let me know if you guys need any details. Hope to see this fix soon, I'm currently at 79% progression and this would suck if I need to restart my play. Thank you!

Xilence1337
7th Mar 2013, 12:32
Hello itsnick123,

i´m sorry but i´m so glad that i´m not the only person who has this bug.
I have the same bug like you. The same problem with traveling between the camps and that the room is invisible in chasm monastery.

Here is my link:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134243

itsnick123
7th Mar 2013, 13:58
Hey Xilence1337, I'm sorry you are having the same problem as me, let's just hope someone noticed our problem and pass along to let the developer team know. I really hope I don't have to resort to starting a new game. Like you, I've sunk 10+ hours into the game, it would really suck to have a problem like this stop me from finishing this otherwise fantastic game.

Metalrocks
7th Mar 2013, 14:50
have you tried to disable the "tessellation"? i had these kind of glitches when it was on. also turning off "exclusive fullscreen" can help.

itsnick123
7th Mar 2013, 22:17
Hello Metalrocks, I'm afraid it has always stay disabled. I don't have a beefy PC. I'm playing the game on a mix of medium/low settings. I tried changing my settings anyway after reading your post but I still can't fast travel back to the monastery. Thanks for your help anyway! Appreciate it a lot.

SE_LaTanya
7th Mar 2013, 22:36
Itsnick123, have you tried loading from an old saved game?

itsnick123
7th Mar 2013, 22:39
Hi SE_LaTanya, is that possible? I only see the options of reloading checkpoint, would really appreciate it if you can let me know how. Thanks!

SE_LaTanya
7th Mar 2013, 23:29
I apologize for the confusion. I meant reloading checkpoint.

itsnick123
8th Mar 2013, 00:00
Hey don't worry about it, I've tried reloading the checkpoint but it didn't seem to help. Is there anyway for Steam to load an older cloud save for me?

TheBlade
8th Mar 2013, 00:04
The bug is permanent, reloading any checkpoints will not work. It's due to one of the cutscenes not being triggered, this happened to me aswell as tons of other people. I guess they will fix it in the next patch but this really spoils the savegame too ;/

itsnick123
8th Mar 2013, 00:30
In that case I'll be looking forward to the next patch, has this been officially recognized yet though? My purpose of coming to this forum is just to find out if anyone from the official side of things are aware of this issues and hopefully working on a fix.

It would suck if I need to restart my whole play but I guess it's better than beating the odds and running into the bug again.

mckerney
8th Mar 2013, 02:46
I had the same thing happen.

No cutscene after opening the door, just instantly went into the incomplete to the incomplete room (3 screenshots of how it loads (http://imgur.com/a/LLTmP)). When I reloaded i started just before the bridge and have the cutscene on the bridge run everytime though starting with the cutscene I can see the door in the next room is already open. Tried to fast travel away and couldn't get back.

Created a new save slot before trying to fast travel, the one I didn't fast travel with says Corrupted Data 0% completion though I am able to load it.

EDIT: On PC with NVIDIA card.

mckerney
8th Mar 2013, 02:48
have you tried to disable the "tessellation"? i had these kind of glitches when it was on. also turning off "exclusive fullscreen" can help.

Exclusive fullscreen was already off for me, turning off tessellation didn't work.

itsnick123
8th Mar 2013, 03:10
Yes that's exactly how the room looks for me too! I'm glad someone screen cap it. I'm using a Nvidia card too if that means anything.

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 03:23
Hey guys!

I'm genuinely sorry you've it a bug with the game and are unable to progress. This issue has been added to my nightly report and I'm bringing it up to the team. In the meantime, would any of you be willing to fill out a ticket on our Support website to help us track the issue and get further details? The screenshots have already been super helpful.

Here is the link, and a rundown of how to create a ticket: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/tomb_raider

Creating a Ticket
Click on the “contact” button
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
Click “Next” again
This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
Fill out the required information and click “Next”
Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

mckerney
8th Mar 2013, 03:25
Hey guys!

I'm genuinely sorry you've it a bug with the game and are unable to progress. This issue has been added to my nightly report and I'm bringing it up to the team. In the meantime, would any of you be willing to fill out a ticket on our Support website to help us track the issue and get further details? The screenshots have already been super helpful.

Creating a Ticket
Click on the “contact” button
When the next page loads, in the “Customer Service” section, click the “Get Support” button
The next page will direct you to select a category and subcategory e.g. Technical Support > Video/Graphics
In the Contact details, type a brief description of the problem and click “Next”.
Click “Next” again
This will provide an “E-mail Support” option, Click “proceed to E-mail Support”
Fill out the required information and click “Next”
Review the entered information and hit “Submit”

Sent.

itsnick123
8th Mar 2013, 04:33
Thanks MeaganMarie and mckerny, appreciate it a lot!

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:46
Sent.

Thank you! The more info we have the better, so it is much appreciated.

Cute Tsundere
12th Mar 2013, 03:00
Having the exact same problem, kinda glad to find out it wasn't just me. Will be watching this for updates :3

Also playing on a Amd Ati rig I just built last week. Time for a support ticket!

mckerney
12th Mar 2013, 04:26
Having the exact same problem, kinda glad to find out it wasn't just me. Will be watching this for updates :3

Also playing on a Amd Ati rig I just built last week. Time for a support ticket!

I wound up just using the save game someone posted here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1877765&postcount=136). It puts you back about 20 to 30 minutes in the game. Not an ideal solution, but seemed better than waiting/playing through everything again.

krage
12th Mar 2013, 05:14
Just checking in to say I've got the exact same issue in my save game now. Already posted as complete a support ticket as I could imagine. I guess I'll see about backing up this currently broken save data and trying to swap in the one mckerney linked above...

mckerney
12th Mar 2013, 06:07
Just checking in to say I've got the exact same issue in my save game now. Already posted as complete a support ticket as I could imagine. I guess I'll see about backing up this currently broken save data and trying to swap in the one mckerney linked above...

When I went back with the other save it loaded correctly and I was able to finish the game, though my original save still doesn't work.