PDA

View Full Version : Freezing on game load on Xbox 360

nickepicke
7th Mar 2013, 10:07
I'm having major issues with Tomb Raider freezing when I try to load up my save. Everything worked fine until I hit 42% completion last night, that's when the freezing started. After 4 reboots of my console I managed to load my save, but when I tried it today (at 47%) I can't get it to work. I've tried rebooting 10+ times and it still freezes the second I try to load my save.

I've tried uninstalling and installing the game to the hard drive on my Xbox, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated! I am in no mood to start from scratch on a new save.

toebee
7th Mar 2013, 13:31
I've got the same problem at 27%. I suspect it is related to using Fast Travel, but not sure. Too bad there is no 'manual' chapter selection.

alucardx15
7th Mar 2013, 19:37
Has nothing to do with fast travel because I haven't done fast travel at all and still have the same issue.

SE_LaTanya
8th Mar 2013, 00:51
For the Xbox, have you tried deleting the game files?

moonyman
8th Mar 2013, 09:34
I too am having the same issue. Got to 66% complete. The game will crash as the "Select a game save" screen shoots off. Once, I got to a loading screen, but that crashed too. As it has just now.

LaTanya, you'll have to educate me in deleting the game files without removing the saved game.

As a write this I was rebooting and trying. I've got in, but on the 7th reboot. Can't say the same pattern will follow when I turn it off.

toebee
8th Mar 2013, 14:14
Try clearing the game cache. I was able to load my save games on a different console, so those were therefore not broken.

Clearing game cache: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

DROB25
8th Mar 2013, 18:14
i have a PS3 and this is happening to me, i'm at 57% of the game complete and it won't load for me now!!! any suggestions?

Damocles
8th Mar 2013, 23:29
I have the same problem. I have already posted in this thread about it

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134209

I already posted in the other thread about what i have tried, i also just tried to clear the cache on my xbox which did not help. I figured that sense a SE rep posted in this one i would also.

SE_LaTanya
9th Mar 2013, 00:13
i. Delete game files
1. From the dashboard go to the right until you can change your storage settings and saves
2. From the storage device select your device
3. Find the Tomb Raider files
4. Delete all of the files located in this game folder

If you are worried about deleting saved files you can choose which files you delete and in this case delete 'installed game'

SE_LaTanya
9th Mar 2013, 00:15
I also want to suggest that you start another game on slot 2 or 3 and see if you can progress to the same point and get the same issue. I just want to verify that this is not a not time issue or that you might have a corrupted save.

Damocles
9th Mar 2013, 00:16
I have done all of that and it still locks up when i load the save file.

SE_LaTanya
9th Mar 2013, 00:25
Have you tried my second suggesting? I know starting over can be frustrating, but you might have a saved corrupt file.

Damocles
9th Mar 2013, 00:36
I have but it is only at 4%. I just wont take the chance of getting 80% though the game again then having this happen again. I thank you very much for the help but at this point i just can not play again knowing the could lose another 77% complete game file.

If there was anyway to get my money back for the game i would but i guess i am stuck with a $60 paper weight until this problem is fixed.

Legendary Plank
10th Mar 2013, 05:19
Alright this is just stupid now ! First how can it be a corrupt save ? You mean to tell me we all have corrupt save files ? Yes let's blame the gamer not the game !!! Second none of the solutions work ! Not deleting the cache not deleting the game not deleting the AWSOME update ! Nothing it does not work I've been trying since 11 it's now 11:42 and nothing and btw reason I know it's not a corrupt save is because yesterday after trying to load the game for 10 minutes it finally loaded and it kept playing but today I can't play maybe you guys should figure the problem out ! And fix it with an actual useful update ! Honestly about to return my collectors edition with the controller or sell it like wtf !

Vent your frustration in another way. Posting angry and non-constructive messages achieves nothing.

-Try a different save device.
-Try installing the game, if you have not already. (Xbox 360)
-Try re-starting the campaign, as already suggested.
-Try recovering your profile. (Xbox)
-If possible try using your save on another console. If the problem persists, your save is damage.

Muchogarcia
10th Mar 2013, 06:34
I have had the exact same problem and it isn't a corrupted save file! I always wait until I can definitley switch the console off so I don't get these problems and now it won't let my game load. I don't want to go starting a new game. Yes this game is great but I just got to 70% so why would I want to restart now. There has to be something wrong and a patch can fix it.
I don't want to start another file as well and have the same thing happen after another 10hours of play time.

chriss_99
10th Mar 2013, 11:10
I've got exactly the same problem! I reached 95 % of completion and now I have to start all over again. This is really bad! :(

Jmberdasco
10th Mar 2013, 12:56
Same issues as above, I refuse to start a new game...I've tried all the solutions and nothing is working. Also posted on Xbox support forums for the game. Any help here?

chriss_99
10th Mar 2013, 15:17
I've sent a message to Meagan to inform her about the issue. Surely it can't be the consoles fault.

PaRRoT
10th Mar 2013, 17:33
Same problem here. The first time I noticed the "loading crash" I was at the 37% of the game. I tried to load my save game 6 times before I deleted my cache and the game update, then reinstalled the update and the save game worked perfectly.

I played without problem and loaded my save game in 2 different moments.

Now I'm stuck at 53% (in the forrest after the Roth dead). I tried the same trick but no way. The saved game wont load.

We need a patch, I want to play my saved game and finish this beautiful game. I hope that Crystal Dynamics will not be like Ubisoft and the never solved Rome glitch in the Assassin's Creed 2 final chapter (I never finished that game).

This is the bug:
-sjOjES9Exk

PurpleSanta
11th Mar 2013, 06:48
I have had the exact same problem and it isn't a corrupted save file! I always wait until I can definitley switch the console off so I don't get these problems and now it won't let my game load. I don't want to go starting a new game. Yes this game is great but I just got to 70% so why would I want to restart now. There has to be something wrong and a patch can fix it.
I don't want to start another file as well and have the same thing happen after another 10hours of play time.

Again ! None of your suggestion help I've done it all and again I will quote you and the other person who said this " your save is corrupt " really ??? Corrupt !! How do you figure me and everyone else having this problem means all out saves are corrupt ? Answer me this if my save is corrupt why is it that when ever the game decides to load I'm able to play it just fine ? Makes perfect sense my save is corrupt ! Lmfao ! I don't see why this problem is getting blamed on everything but what it actually is ! Just patch it ! Same with the other 20 game breaking glitches in this game that luckily I haven't encountered ! And also why would I restart the game to go to 70% or 99% take a break or go to work like normal people come back to play and have the same problem ? Like I stated before easier if it just gets patched all of the suggestions either don't work or don't work 100%

I am having the same exact issue. It isn't a corrupt save issue. I have found a work around for now. It is a bit of a pain but it won't mean restarting the game. Each time you play, you have to install the game. Once you quit the game though, you will need to reinstall again when you play again. This means uninstalling then reinstalling the game. Not a convenient solution but it will allow you to continue playing.

chriss_99
11th Mar 2013, 09:43
I made a backup of my save files. I've been replaying the game and so far everything is going well. I hope it won't happen again. However, we really do need a patch for this.

PaRRoT
11th Mar 2013, 10:26
I am having the same exact issue. It isn't a corrupt save issue. I have found a work around for now. It is a bit of a pain but it won't mean restarting the game. Each time you play, you have to install the game. Once you quit the game though, you will need to reinstall again when you play again. This means uninstalling then reinstalling the game. Not a convenient solution but it will allow you to continue playing.

I tried and your work around works!

We need absolutely a patch for this.

PurpleSanta
11th Mar 2013, 10:48
I tried and your work around works!

We need absolutely a patch for this.

Awesome! I'm glad it worked for someone else.

Yes, there needs to be a patch. Hope someone is reading this thread.

ReezyJeezy
11th Mar 2013, 13:14
I'm not sure how far I got the first time this happened, personally I dont think it happens at a certain percentage. I get the same problem as everyone else where as soon as I load my game the xbox freezes. When i transferred everything to my other xbox it loaded perfectly. I moved along in the campaign, loaded it back to my other xbox and it froze again. I installed the game and then it worked. I progressed again, quit to main menu, shut off my xbox and today it froze again.
I hope this helps you in solving the problem and I want to let you know you guys do a great job and I'm sorry there's so much ignorance from the players that badger you guys so bad. Thanks again
Ryan

ReezyJeezy
11th Mar 2013, 13:20
He had no right posting an angry comment like that but dont assume we have damaged save files. Alot of people are having this issue and some of the suggestions work once, and then not again.

PurpleSanta
11th Mar 2013, 13:43
I'm not sure how far I got the first time this happened, personally I dont think it happens at a certain percentage. I get the same problem as everyone else where as soon as I load my game the xbox freezes. When i transferred everything to my other xbox it loaded perfectly. I moved along in the campaign, loaded it back to my other xbox and it froze again. I installed the game and then it worked. I progressed again, quit to main menu, shut off my xbox and today it froze again.
I hope this helps you in solving the problem and I want to let you know you guys do a great job and I'm sorry there's so much ignorance from the players that badger you guys so bad. Thanks again
Ryan

I agree it doesn't seem the freezing is at a particular %. I have experienced the freezing at various %. For now, the install/uninstall/install work around works for me. If you have the game installed, uninstall then install it again. For some reason once you quite the game and turn off your Xbox, the need to uninstall and install needs to be done again. It worked for me all weekend, and one person tried it and said it worked for them. Just trying to spread the word for a possible temporary cure :)

thrasher1
11th Mar 2013, 16:23
The game seems to freeze here too. Usually it takes about 15 minutes playing before it freezes and I have to boot the console. Sometimes it takes half an hour and sometimes just only seconds. Every time it freezes, there is a buzzing sound.

Hopefully there is a patch coming up and SOON. It makes me feel very f'cked up to pay large amounts of money for an unfinished and almost unplayable game like this!

Tecstar70
11th Mar 2013, 16:26
The game seems to freeze here too. Usually it takes about 15 minutes playing before it freezes and I have to boot the console. Sometimes it takes half an hour and sometimes just only seconds. Every time it freezes, there is a buzzing sound.

Hopefully there is a patch coming up and SOON. It makes me feel very f'cked up to pay large amounts of money for an unfinished and almost unplayable game like this!

I've just spent 18 hours playing in total since I got the game on the 4th March and didn't see one freeze. Have you tried all the usual stuff - deleting the game from the hard drive (assuming you have done this), clearing the Xbox cache etc?

thrasher1
11th Mar 2013, 16:41
I've just spent 18 hours playing in total since I got the game on the 4th March and didn't see one freeze. Have you tried all the usual stuff - deleting the game from the hard drive (assuming you have done this), clearing the Xbox cache etc?

I first played straight from the disc and it froze. Now I have installed it to my HD and tried clearing the cache but it still freezes.

SE_LaTanya
11th Mar 2013, 21:43
I apologize for the frustration this issue may have caused. I will report this to the appropriate department so we can investigate it further.

DarkAngel1001
12th Mar 2013, 04:15
I am haveing the same issue on the 360 and it just started out of the blue today. I had played the game for two days without a problem then went to play it today only to have the game freeze my console when I went to continue. I have since been able to get the game to load by installing it to my HDD but that only works once and you have to keep nstalling/un-installing it to get the game to load. The biggest issue though is even after I get the game loaded I am unable to fast travel which in my case means I can't continue as the only way to get back to the area where I was is to fast travel. Everytime I try to fast travel the game freezes my console during the loading screen and I have to reset my console again. Im 43% through the game at this point and because of this stuck in the Mountain Village and unable to get back to the Shanty Town. It should also be noted that my system works fine with other games and only seems to be doing this with Tomb Raider.

Bossman96
12th Mar 2013, 08:06
I found a work around for the loading screen freeze that's a little less time consuming than un-installing, re-installing the game. Start a new game on a seperate slot. Play til you get about 3-4% completion(Acquire the bow, kill the deer, go back to camp). Quit out of that game and go back to the checkpoint load screen and re-load your previous save. Works for me everytime. Whenever you want to continue your first game just load the second save and play for about 5-7 minutes and then reload your previous save. I don't know about anyone else, but I refuse to un-install and re-install the game EVERY time I want to play. Thankfully, I beat it earlier today and it's going back to Gamestop for credit.

DarkAngel1001
12th Mar 2013, 18:29
I found a work around for the loading screen freeze that's a little less time consuming than un-installing, re-installing the game. Start a new game on a seperate slot. Play til you get about 3-4% completion(Acquire the bow, kill the deer, go back to camp). Quit out of that game and go back to the checkpoint load screen and re-load your previous save. Works for me everytime. Whenever you want to continue your first game just load the second save and play for about 5-7 minutes and then reload your previous save. I don't know about anyone else, but I refuse to un-install and re-install the game EVERY time I want to play. Thankfully, I beat it earlier today and it's going back to Gamestop for credit.

This method worked for me and is less convoluted then haveing to constantly install your game over and over. I also think it'll cause less ware and tear on your HDD aswell. To that end I didnt even play as long as you did, I only went to the first puzzel area in the Scavangers Cave. In fact I'd be willing to bet you only need to play to a point where the game saves the first time.

Its a strange glitch to say the least. It really has no pattern rhyme or reason for happening. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesnt. In any case I hope its something they will fix soon though I worry that because it seems to affecting a rather small number of users that it'll get back burnered and we'll have to wait ages for a patch to resolve the issue.

Breezy
12th Mar 2013, 20:44
Yup uninstalling and re installing is the only way around it found out last night kind of annoying but hey better than starting a new file since I'm at like 90% with vey thing collected till my point in the game ha hopefully they patch this ! Still

lizzy
13th Mar 2013, 20:30
Well I`m glad I`m not the only one with the problem.
Message to Square Inix, I`ts not up to us to to keep trying to sort things out , I`TS NOT OUR FAULT ! ,its up to you !
You need to reprint or what ever its called and re issue so we can give you our rubbish discs back.

And as for the game , NOT IMPRESSED just another C.O.D.

Bossman96
13th Mar 2013, 21:06
dont see why we should mess about doing that ,its their fault. I`m returning mine, rubbish game anyway ,they`ve ruined tombraider.

Well, I for one actually loved the game and wanted to finish it. I'm just trying to save some people some time so they don't have to keep un-installing and re-installing their game. I think the problem could be related to the way that the game loads data off the disc. I'm thinking that in order to keep loading screens from interrupting gameplay, that they(Crystal Dynamics) have the game streaming info from the disc in the background. And somehow maybe it wasn't optimized correctly and just got overlooked. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm also thinking that maybe just letting the game idle in the main menu for a few minutes before loading the save might also do the trick.

PurpleSanta
13th Mar 2013, 21:16
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm also thinking that maybe just letting the game idle in the main menu for a few minutes before loading the save might also do the trick.

I'm willing to try this. I'll post back on the results.

PurpleSanta
13th Mar 2013, 22:31
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm also thinking that maybe just letting the game idle in the main menu for a few minutes before loading the save might also do the trick.

I tried intervals of 5, 10, 15 and 20 minutes. Still froze. I was really hoping this would work.

Ale840
14th Mar 2013, 01:09
When i was on 35% of the game, this freezings begins, but reading this forum, i modified a method posted by another member, and works for me all the time.
Just begin a new game, skip the introduction, when the water comes and all the drama, go back to main menu, then load your main saved game and works great.
Thanks for the user that gave the idea of go to the 4~5%, this modification on your method maybe works for more people, and costs less than 1 minute.

Mctaz
14th Mar 2013, 06:25
Same thing here at the 75% mark. Remarkable coincidence all these corrupted save games :( Hopefully a patch will emerge, but I'm not holding my breath, pity about this as I had it marked as a 5 star game

lizzy
14th Mar 2013, 08:15
Done idle does not work either

Macwaave
16th Mar 2013, 15:44
I have the exact same problem, what I did was whenever the game stuck at the loading screen, I reboot the system, load another game for a minute or two, go back to Xbox title screen and load tomb raider again, works so far.

DarkAngel1001
16th Mar 2013, 20:42
When i was on 35% of the game, this freezings begins, but reading this forum, i modified a method posted by another member, and works for me all the time.
Just begin a new game, skip the introduction, when the water comes and all the drama, go back to main menu, then load your main saved game and works great.
Thanks for the user that gave the idea of go to the 4~5%, this modification on your method maybe works for more people, and costs less than 1 minute.

Yes this is the the method I use now. Its a lot quicker and works every time. Only takes a minute or two as opposed to insalling which can take 15 minutes. Still odd glitch though. Nothing in the new update to fix it but im guessing the fix's being implemented now are for issues they knew about. The newer glitches like the freeze glitch we're talking about here will prolly be addressed in the next update.

Bluto728
17th Mar 2013, 16:47
Help is on the way. Same problem here Finally able to get a response after several tries from the game producer: [I][B]Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

The update for the Xbox 360 should be released in a couple of days pending
Microsoft approval. The update is designed to address this issue you are
currently experiencing. Please email us back if the issue still continues. If
you do not want to wait for the update, we suggest visiting our Edios Forums
website (forums.eidosgames.com) for walk arounds the glitch posted by other
players so you may continue the game.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

In the mean time, I have found that this works: try installing the game on your hard drive. If it is already isntalled, remove and then load again. Yes, you have to do this every time after shutting off your XBox.

PurpleSanta
18th Mar 2013, 16:38
Help is on the way. Same problem here Finally able to get a response after several tries from the game producer: [I][B]Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

The update for the Xbox 360 should be released in a couple of days pending
Microsoft approval. The update is designed to address this issue you are
currently experiencing. Please email us back if the issue still continues. If
you do not want to wait for the update, we suggest visiting our Eidos Forums
website (forums.eidosgames.com) for walk arounds the glitch posted by other
players so you may continue the game.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

I downloaded the update. It is still freezing :scratch:

SE_Param
18th Mar 2013, 17:53
I downloaded the update. It is still freezing :scratch:

I do apologize for the issue you are still experiencing with Tomb Raider freezing. I would suggest installing or deleting and reinstalling the game data with the new patch. If the issue still continues please submit a ticket at support.na.square-enix.com for further assistance.

Mctaz
19th Mar 2013, 07:15
I thought it was fixed, after downloading the patch I restarted the game & got straight back in, but after shutting down the Xbox for the night I find it's still freezing on load.
I finished the game last night but this has killed it for me in terms of replayability.
Gameplay 8/10 (lost points for QTE's)
Story 9/10
Overall Satisfaction 6/10
Just thought you should be aware there still is a problem, even after deleting/reinstalling game & patch

McT

streetunderpt
20th Mar 2013, 01:08
Hi.

Just reached 95%, tried to load my savegame two times and it froze my console.

Maybe it was the new patch 43 MB?

I just deleted it and i could load my savegame again.

I have XBOX 360 SLIM 250GB

thrasher1
20th Mar 2013, 15:43
Sadly, it's still freezing even after the update :mad2:

PaRRoT
3rd Apr 2013, 13:52
Any news about the update?

Jaynet
8th Apr 2013, 09:17
I have restarted my game twice now and am almost afraid to switch it on in case it won't load my saved game again. I have copied it to my x-box360's hard drive now and am hoping that will solve it but reading everyone else's letters, I'm not holding my breath. Come on Eidos! Please give us a patch. Tombraider is the best game ever and we have NEVER had a problem like this before. Please don't let us down now!

jayiow
16th Aug 2013, 19:22
Yeah im having the same problem here. Got to 99% completed when it crashed on me and now every time i try to reload it, it crashes. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. And totally agree, why should we try doing everything when its down to the people who made it to make sure things like this don't happen. And im certainly Not getting all the way to 99% for it to crash again. Ive Already wasted hours of my life collecting everything, so why should i do it again !? Totally lost my trust in this company as Ive never had this happen to me before.
DISGUSTED

MYSTREY1712
17th Aug 2013, 00:20
See if the game has any scratches on the disc

jayiow
17th Aug 2013, 01:05
not on disc it was downloaded from xbox live a couple months ago. It use to work fine until yesterday.I Had about 90% complete, then just after i got 99% it crashed when i was trying to collect some scrap. I have tried all the other ways of getting it to work with deleting the system cache, deleting updates etc (although i feel this shouldn't have to be done) but it didnt seem to work. But starting a new game, saving it and then re-loading it works fine. But as soon as i load the 99% one it crashes on the loading screen every time in the same place.

Im using a XBOX 360, SLIM.