PDA

View Full Version : PC Patch Released - 1.0.171.1

NixxesSoftware
7th Mar 2013, 06:13
*Edit*

We have removed this patch again due to issues people are reporting with their profiles being reported as corrupt after installing the patch. This will be investigated before the patch is put live again.

sk2k
7th Mar 2013, 07:00
Damn, still no camera effects in fullscreen mode. :(

EDIT: I had no problem with my profile after the patch.

Kiyashi
7th Mar 2013, 07:07
Still no fix to the tessalation crash bug. And also still no lens flares fix for PC version =/

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 07:14
*Edit*

We have removed this patch again due to issues people are reporting with their profiles being reported as corrupt after installing the patch. This will be investigated before the patch is put live again.

I don't get this, so you've rolled back the patch? What happens to people who've installed it? Do we have to restart steam to get it to uninstall?

sk2k
7th Mar 2013, 07:19
I don't get this, so you've rolled back the patch? What happens to people who've installed it? Do we have to restart steam to get it to uninstall?

After quitting TR, Steam just downloaded the un-patch. :)

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 07:26
After quitting TR, Steam just downloaded the un-patch. :)

Hmm, I wonder if it was the patch or un-patch that Steam was downloading a little while ago then.

wazups2x
7th Mar 2013, 07:32
This patch (before it was removed) was causing the game to crash when I ran the benchmark with TressFX enabled.

GPU: AMD Radeon 7950 (Catalyst 13.1 driver) Hopefully this helps for the next time you re-release this patch.

Also, will you be improving TressFX so the hair doesn't float above Lara's shoulders? There seems to be an invisible barrier. Is it possible for it be lowered to make it look like the hair is resting on her shoulders instead of floating above them?

- Some improvements to TressFX hair rendering.

I'm curious to see what the TressFX "improvements" are. I'm hoping it's what I mentioned above. :)

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the fantastic PC port! :D

Diablos
7th Mar 2013, 07:33
Please add the ability to turn off the microphone and mute other players in multiplayer.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/search/?q=microphone

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 08:49
Please add the ability to turn off the microphone and mute other players in multiplayer.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/search/?q=microphone

Please use the official request thread. It's stickied at the top.

Daz1967
7th Mar 2013, 10:00
This game sure is buggy for us NVIDIA graphics card owners though with the v314.14 beta drivers... here are the issues I've come across:

1. [Minor Issue] Using in-game 2xSSAA or 4xSSAA causes the hidden relics to disappear or not display properly (and someone else mentioned a water rendering glitch on the Guru3D forums, although I've not seen that myself).

2. [Moderate Issue] The Anti-Aliasing (AA) setting keeps changing in both the Launcher and the in-game Graphics Options from 2xSSAA to FXAA. And switching to EF mode seems to 'lock' the settings, which prevents the AA settings from changing but also prevents changes to any of the other options either!

3. [Major Issue] Tessellation causes intermittent hitching, even during FMV cutscenes such as the intro and videocam clips, and total system freezes within minutes of playing with the default profile and after about an hour with the Hitman Absolution (plus it still hitches).

4. [Minor Issue] Rain passing through solid walls and ceilings where Lara is actually sheltered.

5. [Major Issue] I've had at least one save corruption bug when I exited the game normally too, albeit I pressed Alt-F4 to get the Do you want to exit the Game? prompt. Thank goodness for cloud saves as I was able to get it back!

*Edit*
This issue may have been the result of the recent patch which was found to cause this issue and reverted back to the original version this morning.

6. [Minor Issue] The Monitor Aspect Ratio Auto and 16:10 settings result in different sized displays on my 1920x1200 screen and is obvious if you toggle between the two! They should be identical so I presume the Auto setting isn't detecting the 16:10 aspect ratio correctly.

7. [Major Issue] Changing the settings in the game when TressFX is enabled causes the framerate to tank to 2 fps and it doesn't go away until I exit the game and reload it. Even though exiting to the menu returns the framerate to 60 fps, if I resume my save the framerate goes back to 2 fps; only exiting and reloading the game fixes it.

8. [Minor Issue] TressFX hair seems to be prone to flickering with SLI but is reported to behave more normally (as normal as the bizarre hair physics in this game allow for, anyway) on a single GPU card.

9. [Minor Issue] Enabling Exclusive Fullscreen (EF) was a major hassle on my system as it would give a "Failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" error on launching the game with it checked. I had to lower the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080, switch it refresh rate from 50 to 60 Hz, then the game would launch with EF enabled. I was then able to quit the game, switch back to 1920x1200 60 Hz and the game now plays with EF enabled as confirmed by the in-game options.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 10:08
This is getting a bit messy. Please use the appropriate places to report bugs and technical issues, folks.

I'm closing this one for now until Nixxes has more info about the patch.