PDA

View Full Version : Cannot joing lobby without shanty town DLC

larafan25
7th Mar 2013, 05:56
I checked the threads a bit and I didn't see anything like this yet. It seems people who don't have the shanty town DLC map are unable to join a lobby with players who have installed the map. A bit of an issue.

Relight-TRHQ
7th Mar 2013, 06:25
It sounds like what I was afraid of (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1873320&postcount=3).

In addition to what you've mentioned larafan25, it seems the opposite is also true.

I can join lots of matches, but if even 1 person in there doesn't have a map (such as the Shanty Town map, or I suspect the upcoming new maps), I'm assuming I won't get a game on those maps, since I have not yet (in 10 hours of playing MP) been able to play the Shanty Town map once.

There appears to be no way to play public rounds on specific maps, or to specify that you only want to play with or join people who have all the maps that you have.

It's sad when games ship without all the maps and the player base is split, especially when the player has no control over matchmaking to try and find matches that they want.

larafan25
7th Mar 2013, 06:28
Hm. They should implement a DLC search function, so you can turn DLC on or off before searching for matches. This way either the DLC maps are or are not thrown into the fray and you will be matched with players who have the maps.

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 06:36
Hm. They should implement a DLC search function, so you can turn DLC on or off before searching for matches. This way either the DLC maps are or are not thrown into the fray and you will be matched with players who have the maps.

The whole multiplayer matchmaking system needs to be overhauled. As I was kvetching about in my own thread about my MP travails - having no control over what lobbies/matches the server tries to put you in is ridiculous in this day and age. Especially if there's map incompatabilities.

At the minimum there should be a basic search that includes basic maps/ dlc maps, a ping threshold and the already-existing map type and casual/ranked breakdowns.