PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect to Multiplayer

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 05:11
I've tried quickmatch, I've tried selecting maps manually. I've tried creating a lobby and waiting.

I can't connect to the multiplayer and it's frustrating. A full half of the game that I can't access because when I try to find a match, the gamefinder says "Match Found" then seems to be trying to do... something. Then suddenly it goes "Searching for Match" again until eventually it times out and creates a new lobby.

WTH am I supposed to do to get into a match?

TheManInTheAlley
7th Mar 2013, 05:19
Erm... This may not have anything to with the game. It might be your internet, the Playstation network or any number of other things. It is unfortunate, though. I'd try restarting the system and, if that fails, then play that other half, the single player.

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 05:24
Well it shouldn't have anything to do with the PSN, because I'm playing it on PC.

I've completed the single player campaign, I'd really like to play the rest of the game that I've paid for.

I've finally managed to get into someone else's lobby and now we're just sitting there, the two of us waiting. Nobody else has entered the lobby, there's no indication if pings/latency are an issue. There's no information whatsoever. You're either failing to connect or sat waiting, with no way to find other players or for other players to find you beyond happenstance.

This is more wishing in the wind than anything else, but why can there not be a proper server/match search function, where you can filter by ping/location and see open maps with slots, rather than relying on a matchfinder function? I've never encountered a game where automatic matchfinding like this works properly.

TheManInTheAlley
7th Mar 2013, 05:27
Well it shouldn't have anything to do with the PSN, because I'm playing it on PC.

I've completed the single player campaign, I'd really like to play the rest of the game that I've paid for.

I've finally managed to get into someone else's lobby and now we're just sitting there, the two of us waiting. Nobody else has entered the lobby, there's no indication if pings/latency are an issue. There's no information whatsoever. You're either failing to connect or sat waiting, with no way to find other players or for other players to find you beyond happenstance.

This is more wishing in the wind than anything else, but why can there not be a proper server/match search function, where you can filter by ping/location and see open maps with slots, rather than relying on a matchfinder function? I've never encountered a game where automatic matchfinding like this works properly.

Right, sorry about the playstation assumption, that was a brainfart on my part. I don't know, the only thing I can think of is to check the multiplayer thread and see if anyone else is having the same problems you are. Either that or start sending angry emails and letters.

Relight-TRHQ
7th Mar 2013, 05:28
To me it seems like no games these days have proper server/match search function that you mention, which is disappointing. I've had the same experience as you, just sitting around waiting. Or sometimes between loading, it's just a completely black screen, and you wonder if the game has crashed. No information, no nothing, just waiting to see what the game is going to do. It seems to me like pretty much the only thing we can do in those situations is wait. I find if I wait around, or try leaving and searching for a match again, that within about 10 minutes I can find some people to play with.

InquisitorVawn
7th Mar 2013, 05:43
To me it seems like no games these days have proper server/match search function that you mention, which is disappointing. I've had the same experience as you, just sitting around waiting. Or sometimes between loading, it's just a completely black screen, and you wonder if the game has crashed. No information, no nothing, just waiting to see what the game is going to do. It seems to me like pretty much the only thing we can do in those situations is wait. I find if I wait around, or try leaving and searching for a match again, that within about 10 minutes I can find some people to play with.

The only game I've encountered lately with decent server/match function has been TF2, which I adore to pieces. I can filter by location, ping, map, game type, server population... anything you can think of, it can be filtered by.

I don't know what the deal with "Found Match" dropping out seems to be. Perhaps if multiple people are trying to access a lobby, it ends up booting one out? Dunno. We're up to 3 people now in the lobby I'm currently hanging out in. We had 4 but one dropped just as the 4th person came in.

I've been trying now for... half an hour? Not sure. Maybe a little longer, I didn't do a timecheck when I started. It's just madly frustrating.

Wow, just now got into a match. Finally.

Musha
7th Mar 2013, 20:41
I have the same problem! :mad2: Fix it pls thats not what i paid for :thumb:

InquisitorVawn
8th Mar 2013, 13:13
I have the same problem! :mad2: Fix it pls thats not what i paid for :thumb:

From what I can tell based on my own experience and reading a few other threads, the multiplayer is a crapshoot. You've got to keep hammering "Find Match" or otherwise sit and wait in a lobby for however long it takes. They're your only options, besides trying to find enough friends to fill a private game.

Lantea
8th Mar 2013, 14:21
Same experience here. It seems like nobody is playing the multiplayer on PC. At times I get a few matches, but at others there is noone around.

And Why the heck does everyone play team deathmatch :mad2: I would love to play the other mods as well but free for all, only managed to find a match once, and others apart from team deathmatch are similar.
Playing team dethmatch alll the time gets boring. :mad2:

btw I have experienced the black screens, mentioned above, as well, on two occasions the game got completely stuck and crashed.

I would really like to see some improvements done to the multiplayer aspect of this game, because that seems to be its only problem. I absolutely loved playing through the SP campaign.