PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Problem

Bloodmorphed
7th Mar 2013, 02:53
I'm trying to play online with a few friends. They have the Pre-Ordered copy, I do not. I'm not sure if it does the same thing to them. But when I try to join a friends private game it says:

Failed to join game because incompatible downloadable content versions.

Question is: What in the holy heck? I know a Pre order came with a character. But why is it restricting me from playing with my friends? I CANT even buy any DLC, because there isn't ANY!

Bug?

Valenka
7th Mar 2013, 04:44
They probably have the Shanty Town map and you don't.

RedCheetah
8th Mar 2013, 11:47
I have same problem as above;incompatible downloadable content versions.

i have shanty town map. i tried join from invite friends from different countries. my friends are all over world.

Eros Lanith
13th Mar 2013, 20:52
Hello, I'm trying to play this game online with a friend but we both keep getting this error when we try to invite each other to a game. I hope someone can clarify for me whether it's a DLC issue or region problem. I'm running a US digital copy of the game with the preorder bonuses (Hitman weapons, Shanty Town map etc). My friend is running a UK disc copy without DLC.

Hoping it's just a bug as would be really disappointed not to be able to game with certain friends :/ Any help would be great - can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Edit: We are both playing PS3 copies. As far as I'm aware new versions of the game have to be downloaded before we can access online so I assume that shouldn't be the problem?

Legendary Plank
13th Mar 2013, 21:14
Which platform are you playing on? Im on the 360 and I have the 'shanty town' map, and I CAN join friend's and random's sessions who do not.

Eros Lanith
13th Mar 2013, 21:17
Added to the post just as you replied! We have PS3 copies. Hope its not a PSN thing :/

Legendary Plank
13th Mar 2013, 21:23
Added to the post just as you replied! We have PS3 copies. Hope its not a PSN thing :/

Im fairly certain that all the pre-order content is simply disc locked, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing those hitman weapons everywhere because my version of the game wouldn't have that information.

Just in case, you might try deleting the extra goodies and then try joining your friend. If that does not succeed you'll at least know its not actually anything to do with the DLC.

Diablos
18th Mar 2013, 11:09
Same problem (http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrDiablos/screenshot/595872435580469086).
I have Pre-order Tomb Raider: Survival Edition and sometimes I can not join friends in whom standard edition TR.

Sorry for Google Translate.

p.s.: patch 1.0.722.3

Eros Lanith
22nd Apr 2013, 12:04
I know this thread is really old and the issue may be irrelevant now, but I did manage to play online with my friend in the end. I uninstalled all my DLC and that did the trick. Haven't even bothered to reinstall it.

Tecstar70
22nd Apr 2013, 12:50
I know this thread is really old and the issue may be irrelevant now, but I did manage to play online with my friend in the end. I uninstalled all my DLC and that did the trick. Haven't even bothered to reinstall it.

AFAIK its only the maps that cause this. There is now an option in the settings menu to turn off the DLC maps if you want to play with people without them.