PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Tomb Raider 2013 PS3 Freezing Issue ("too hot" message)

XPaddyCFCX
6th Mar 2013, 20:50
All my other games are working perfectly fine, im very close to trading this in. Its simply unplayable and its a shame because its such a fun game.

The problem is i get to play for between 5 to 10 minutes before i get a console freeze and have to wait up to 20 minutes for the corrupt data process to use my PS3 again, this is ruining the experience because i can't even get into the story. None of my other games do this and the multiplayer for tomb raider works fine. Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Robster
6th Mar 2013, 23:00
All my other games are working perfectly fine, im very close to trading this in. Its simply unplayable and its a shame because its such a fun game.

The problem is i get to play for between 5 to 10 minutes before i get a console freeze and have to wait up to 20 minutes for the corrupt data process to use my PS3 again, this is ruining the experience because i can't even get into the story. None of my other games do this and the multiplayer for tomb raider works fine. Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?
Exact same issue here!!! Game is virtually unplayable. Freezing at random places from 5 to 10 minutes in to the game. Have in total only been able to play the game for an hour and am fed up of having to force my ps3 to switch to be able to reboot on which you still have to leave it alone for the corrupt data to be pursed.

xJAYxJAYx
7th Mar 2013, 07:55
It has only frozen on me once so far, however I am experiencing a different issue. The game seems to be causing my PS3 to overheat. For the very first time in all the years I have owned my PS3 I got the "The PS3 has become hot." message...pretty frustrating.

TheBlade
7th Mar 2013, 08:27
Which PS3 models do you have?

XPaddyCFCX
7th Mar 2013, 09:07
I have a Slim 320gb.

Someone said i should delete game data so i did, it never did a thing i am now stuck on one cut scene(Minor spoilers) its the first time you meet the wolves in the game when you're caught in the bear trap, well in the cut scene after that were you met up with the crew it freezes my console every time!

I did not pay £40 for a demo fix this game!

just*raidin*tomb
7th Mar 2013, 10:09
I had no issues whatsoever with the game and I play on PS3. :/

Are you sure there's not something wrong with your system?

XPaddyCFCX
7th Mar 2013, 10:25
I had no issues whatsoever with the game and I play on PS3. :/

Are you sure there's not something wrong with your system?

Like what? My other 100 plus games work fine i also bought metal gear rising revengeance on the same day as tomb raider and it works fine. Thats the thing with game bugs they don't happen to everyone and can be worse for other people, either way it needs fixed and fast.

Lord Martok
7th Mar 2013, 10:30
I can't say I have any problems so far with mine, and I'm about 30 percent through. I do hope you are all able to find resolutions with yours.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 10:47
On my very first playthrough, I had the PS3 version freeze only once; right after the intro CGI movie. The screen went black and I had to reset the console. Nothing bad happened and I was able to play normally after that. This was pre-1.01 TU.

After that one time hiccup, I've played and finished the entire game without any single freezing issue on PS3.

XPaddyCFCX
7th Mar 2013, 12:40
So i have finally played more than 10 minutes without a freeze. Turns out the problem was indeed overheating, how a game overheats a system in 10 minutes is beyond me but its true i put my fan extension on which i never use because its so loud but im using my headphones and its working fine.

Driber
7th Mar 2013, 13:00
Glad to hear it's solved for you!

As for overheating - this game uses some pretty fancy latest technology, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's causing your hardware to push itself to the limit :)

More CPU/GPU power used = more heat.

MyBodyIsReady
7th Mar 2013, 15:24
Well im having this problem too except it happens on the multiplayer aswell. Its kind of a joke that i can't even use what i payed for, if there isn't patch by the time GoW: Ascension comes out im done with this game.

P'od consumer.

squallaz
25th Mar 2013, 07:49
Hello. I finished TR in 100% with no problem :) (patch 1.02 installed), but i've got other problem. When i want to play multiplayer, choose any multi game and start i can play for few seconds to few minutes and then suddenly game throw me out to multiplayer menu. My internet connection is fine, i'm still log in to SEN when this happen. It's a miracle if i can play one match with no problem. Has anyone got same issue? Sorry for my english.

Driber
25th Mar 2013, 07:53
Welcome to the forum, squallaz. Please look for an existing thread on your issue. If there isn't any, please start a new thread instead of using an unrelated thread.

dirtyj
7th Jul 2013, 00:50
I rented Tomb Raider and it froze. I deleted and reinstalled the update and it froze. I deleted the update and ran the game without updating and it froze. I returned the game thinking that the disc was defective and rented another and the issues persists. It doesn't get past the screen with the island in the background while raining right after you choose to start the game. Like everyone else, every other game works perfect and I've played them for hours on end, so it's not an overheating issue as I can't even begin the game. I don't know if the original version froze or if this is since 1.02 (if my game shipped with that version), but you guys need seriously need to find this bug and crush it.

Driber
10th Jul 2013, 20:30
dirtyj, as you point out that your issue is not with overheating, please start a new thread for it.

Closing this one now.