PDA

View Full Version : I cannot load a save game

Halpme
6th Mar 2013, 18:27
So i finished a Tomb and my game crashed. After trying to reload the game, i'm stuck in the loading screen and it says"Tomb Raider has stopped working. I'm able to create a new game, load this game and everything is fine.

Anyone else having this problem??

Raphamon
6th Mar 2013, 19:10
So i finished a Tomb and my game crashed. After trying to reload the game, i'm stuck in the loading screen and it says"Tomb Raider has stopped working. I'm able to create a new game, load this game and everything is fine.

Anyone else having this problem??

If your game crashes (or if your PC/Console loses power) while the game is busy saving then it corrupts your save file. In that case all you can do is delete your save and start a new game.

This is why it's always recommended to have multiple saves. (And why I hate it when game developers don't allow manual saving in their games). Deus Ex: Human Revolution has an excellent save system. It auto saves on 2 different slots and alternates between the two at every auto save point AND it allows you to manually save as well. This means you essentially have 3 different saves for the same playthrough in case something happens with any of the other two. The people who created that game's save system knew what they were doing. Unfortunately Tomb Raider does not have a save system like that.

Halpme
6th Mar 2013, 19:19
If your game crashes (or if your PC/Console loses power) while the game is busy saving then it corrupts your save file. In that case all you can do is delete your save and start a new game.

This is why it's always recommended to have multiple saves. (And why I hate it when game developers don't allow manual saving in their games). Deus Ex: Human Revolution has an excellent save system. It auto saves on 2 different slots and alternates between the two at every auto save point AND it allows you to manually save as well. This means you essentially have 3 different saves for the same playthrough in case something happens with any of the other two. The people who created that game's save system knew what they were doing. Unfortunately Tomb Raider does not have a save system like that.

**** me........ i was at 2/3 of the game with almost everthing collected..... Wow i don't want to play this game anymore. Such a wonderfull game and it comes down to that **** ME.

Tecstar70
6th Mar 2013, 19:20

Sounds like a feature to suggested in the stickied thread?

Halpme
6th Mar 2013, 19:29
So you guys know if i can dl a save game?? Because i reallllly don't feel starting over.

SE_LaTanya
6th Mar 2013, 20:02
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. Here are some suggestions that you may try depending on your platform. If these suggestions are still unable to solve the issue then you can submit a ticket through http://support.na.square-enix.com/.

a. PS3
i. Delete Game Data using the “Game Data Utility”
1. From the “Game” menu on the Crossbar when game is NOT running
2. Go to “Game Data Utility”
a. Be careful NOT to use the “Game Save Data Utility”
3. Delete the Game Data for Tomb Raider
4. If you would like you may delete the game saves, but note any campaign progress will be lost.

b. Xbox 360
i. Delete all game files
1. From the dashboard go to the right until you can change your storage settings and saves
2. From the storage device select your device
3. Find the Tomb Raider files
4. Delete all of the files located in this game folder
a. should the saves be separate from the game data they may just delete the game data

Halpme
6th Mar 2013, 20:41
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. Here are some suggestions that you may try depending on your platform. If these suggestions are still unable to solve the issue then you can submit a ticket through http://support.na.square-enix.com/.

a. PS3
i. Delete Game Data using the “Game Data Utility”
1. From the “Game” menu on the Crossbar when game is NOT running
2. Go to “Game Data Utility”
a. Be careful NOT to use the “Game Save Data Utility”
3. Delete the Game Data for Tomb Raider
4. If you would like you may delete the game saves, but note any campaign progress will be lost.

b. Xbox 360
i. Delete all game files
1. From the dashboard go to the right until you can change your storage settings and saves
2. From the storage device select your device
3. Find the Tomb Raider files
4. Delete all of the files located in this game folder
a. should the saves be separate from the game data they may just delete the game data

Well sadly it's on the PC version...

SE_LaTanya
6th Mar 2013, 22:46
I would like for you to try verifying the game cache. I have a provided a link with the intructions. After you are done let me know what happened.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Halpme
6th Mar 2013, 23:34
I would like for you to try verifying the game cache. I have a provided a link with the intructions. After you are done let me know what happened.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I didn't try because i tried downloading something to fix my problem, but i lost my save. Oh well i just started a new game and i'll change slot save to have 2 saves at the same time.

Thx for trying to help me.

Hotmodz
8th Mar 2013, 22:37
WTH so now only did I lose my saved game data but when I start a new game, the new game wont load new saved game data. This is BS

edit: another pc user and verifying the game cache didnt fix it

SE_LaTanya
9th Mar 2013, 00:17
I also want to suggest that you start another game on slot 2 or 3 and see if you can progress to the same point and get the same issue. I just want to verify that this is not a not time issue or that you might have a corrupted save.

Hotmodz
9th Mar 2013, 02:27
I started a new game, saved to slot 2 then nothing after a restart. Same goes for slot 3. At this point it wont save at all.