PDA

View Full Version : "Deus Ex: The Fall" = Deus Ex 4?

Gunter Herman
6th Mar 2013, 13:11
A new domain was registered...

http://whois.domaintools.com/deusexthefall.com

:naughty:

sonicsidewinder
6th Mar 2013, 13:59
*strokes chin*

nsf001
6th Mar 2013, 14:15
"The fall of Icarus"?:D

Gunter Herman
6th Mar 2013, 14:24
"The fall of Icarus"?:D

Hmm... If yes, would it be another game set before DX1?

AlexOfSpades
6th Mar 2013, 15:54
Wait, so Deus Ex Human Defiance is the movie and The Fall is the game? Which means i have the chance to be the first one to complain about this game!

W-what should i say? Oh my god... uh... i dont know? I've got nothing.

Ashpolt
6th Mar 2013, 16:03
YELLOW FILTER THIRD PERSON FORCED BOSS BATTLES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES ROCKET

Oh thank god, Alex nearly stole my thunder there!

Jensen14
6th Mar 2013, 16:17
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i want ANNOUNCE

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Mar 2013, 19:32
Nice find! :eek: :cool:

68_pie
6th Mar 2013, 20:11
*assume the same gripes, moans, and criticisms as I posted in the other thread*

Zoet
6th Mar 2013, 21:10
YELLOW FILTER THIRD PERSON FORCED BOSS BATTLES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES ROCKET

Oh thank god, Alex nearly stole my thunder there!

YOU'RE JUST BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA! MOAR CUTSCENES AND BOSS BATTLES! CO-OP! MULTIPLAYER! EXPLOSIONS!!!

I just made myself ill thinking about co-op and multiplayer...

Jerion
6th Mar 2013, 23:11
2040s storyline confirmed. Right? Guys? SPECULATRON, ACTIVATE!

Zoet
7th Mar 2013, 00:45
2040s storyline confirmed. Right? Guys? SPECULATRON, ACTIVATE!

I'm personally hoping for a direct sequel set just after Human Revolution. Mostly because I'm not the biggest fan of time jumps in series, as they can be disorientating and can kill momentum. Also, because I seriously doubt that Jensen - if he's still the protagonist - would be sitting around on his butt for very long after the conclusion of HR.

FrankCSIS
7th Mar 2013, 00:46
"A little early for Halloween".

"But just in time for Fall".

CyberP
7th Mar 2013, 02:19
Ha ha, you'll all look silly when it turns out to be some more crappy spin off products of the franchise.
Better be the game though, that's all that matters. It's what Deus Ex was made for. A book or a movie cannot achieve what DX already has years ago.

DXeXodus
7th Mar 2013, 05:13
Here we go again :D

Unstoppable
7th Mar 2013, 06:15
Think they have to finish Thief 4 and make sure it does good before worrying about Deus Ex 4. Sure it can be in pre planning stages now but I'm willing to bet they are busy working on Thief 4. If it was "The Fall" then it would be about how the world economy collapsed and Bob Page rise to power etc leading up to Deus Ex maybe.

ZakKa89
7th Mar 2013, 06:34
The Fall of Max Payne :d

Ashpolt
7th Mar 2013, 10:21
Think they have to finish Thief 4 and make sure it does good before worrying about Deus Ex 4. Sure it can be in pre planning stages now but I'm willing to bet they are busy working on Thief 4. If it was "The Fall" then it would be about how the world economy collapsed and Bob Page rise to power etc leading up to Deus Ex maybe.

It's a different team working on Thief.

Shralla
7th Mar 2013, 11:08
For sure, but they probably won't give Deus Ex much attention until Thief is out, like they didn't give Thief much attention until Tomb Raider was out.

I sense a cycle.

CyberP
7th Mar 2013, 11:39
Eidos are just sticking to thier popular IP's atm huh. Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief....

I would like that if the new games were actually better than the old. At least Human Revolution was better than Invisible war though :thumb:

ZakKa89
7th Mar 2013, 12:01
*strokes chin*

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4426/dxmeme.jpg

Jensen14
7th Mar 2013, 12:51
I'm personally hoping for a direct sequel set just after Human Revolution. Mostly because I'm not the biggest fan of time jumps in series, as they can be disorientating and can kill momentum. Also, because I seriously doubt that Jensen - if he's still the protagonist - would be sitting around on his butt for very long after the conclusion of HR.

agree with you

hellrasinbrasin
7th Mar 2013, 21:16
Remember how much attention Final Fantasy VII got

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (Prequel)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus

ahem

Deus EX Human Revolution (Prequel)
Deus EX Human Defiance (Film)
Deus EX The Fall (Depending, on what ending the Dev Team pick, for the launch pad for "Deus Ex The Fall"; will determine weather or not Adam Jenson is in it or not.)
Deus EX
Deus EX Invisible War

Shralla
7th Mar 2013, 22:23
I don't see what you're getting at.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Mar 2013, 22:28
At least Human Revolution was better than Invisible war though :thumb:

Very true. But IW gave us the Omar... so we must be grateful for small mercies. :p

hellrasinbrasin
7th Mar 2013, 22:46
I don't see what you're getting at.

I was using Final Fantasy 7, and its Expansions as an example; for what's being done with Deus Ex.

Shralla
7th Mar 2013, 23:58
It's not really the same at all.

AlexOfSpades
8th Mar 2013, 00:23
It's not really the same at all.

Mmm, milking a franchise? I think its happening pretty much at the same fashion. Maybe they milked Deus Ex even more, with the comics + books.

Not that i disagree with it all though. I mean, its how the business works.

MasterTaffer
8th Mar 2013, 04:06
More Deus Ex? I'm game.

Shralla
8th Mar 2013, 06:00
Well first of all you're talking about spinoffs instead of actual sequels or prequels. If the same thing were happening with Deus Ex, we would have a game about Paul and a game about Gunther, as well as a game about young JC only he's not young JC he's secretly young Paul.

The sheer volume is also insignificant in comparison to Final Fantasy 7.

Jensen14
8th Mar 2013, 12:08
Mmm, milking a franchise? I think its happening pretty much at the same fashion. Maybe they milked Deus Ex even more, with the comics + books.

LOL.... :lmao: :lmao:

the saga of deus ex is not remotely comparable to that of Final Fantasy. :rolleyes:

deus ex HR is alone, as 5 final fantasy ;)

CyberP
8th Mar 2013, 12:23
deus ex HR is alone, as 5 final fantasy ;)
Ha! The old Final Fantasy games were finer designed than HR. HR is poorly designed in some areas, though it's gameplay is superior simply because it loosely follows DX1's formula.

HR is a good game, but timeless classic it is not.

Jerion
8th Mar 2013, 13:54

Not even remotely. Think about it. There have been three DX games. There have been over twenty (possibly thirty?) FF franchise games. How do you find those numbers comparable?

CyberP
8th Mar 2013, 14:23
Not even remotely. Think about it. There have been three DX games. There have been over twenty (possibly thirty?) FF franchise games. How do you find those numbers comparable?
Final Fantasy series I wouldn't consider a milked franchise until recently. 1-10 were each innovations in their own right and the passion to make a good game was clearly there. After Square merged with Enix, that's when the quality of the games as a whole dropped and silly spin offs were made. Before that each game was unique and there were no connections between each installment, except it always being set in a fantasy world with magic (never the same world until the merger either).
Hmm, there was Chocobo Racing and Bahamut Lagoon actually, so there were a little bit of milking beforehand. But I believe there was good intentions, as in actually bothering to attempt to make a good game even though they were dominant in the console market back then.

Ashpolt
8th Mar 2013, 15:46
Hmm, there was Chocobo Racing and Bahamut Lagoon actually, so there were a little bit of milking beforehand. But I believe there was good intentions, as in actually bothering to attempt to make a good game even though they were dominant in the console market back then.

Don't forget Ehrgeiz, a so-so fighting game which sold purely on the basis of featuring FFVII characters. Or the Final Fantasy Adventures games on Game Boy.

Sotsiak91
8th Mar 2013, 17:06
Again, that might not be the game at all, it's a TV show, or maybe another book, or a DLC, or dunno, maybe a brand of cookies?

Spyhopping
9th Mar 2013, 09:57
My first instinct is that it's a book. If my memory serves correctly, the title of HR wasn't released till quite late in development. They held back on Thief too.

Shralla
9th Mar 2013, 21:18
Don't forget Ehrgeiz, a so-so fighting game which sold purely on the basis of featuring FFVII characters. Or the Final Fantasy Adventures games on Game Boy.

Yep. The equivalent thing for Deus Ex would be if all subsequent releases were based on Human Revolution and Adam Jensen. THAT would be FF7 levels of whoring. Picking one game in a franchise to focus on.

HolyTemplar
11th Mar 2013, 16:48
I hope this is a sequel to Human Revolution and not some other form of media (like Human Defiance which turned out to be the movie). Perhaps we'll see it a year or two years after Thief is released?

Also Human Defiance sounds a lot better than The Fall.

JCpies
11th Mar 2013, 18:15
Can't wait for Deus Ex: The 4all.

xaduha2
11th Mar 2013, 18:58
Let's hope that it doesn't end up as Deus Ex: The FaIl

68_pie
11th Mar 2013, 21:09
Also Human Defiance sounds a lot better than The Fall.

Incorrect.

HERESY
12th Mar 2013, 20:40
Square often utilizes a "polymorphic" business model with some of their intellectual properties. This allows them to spread the IP across various formats/mediums and allows them to easily create transmedia projects and leverage other assets. You go back and read articles and interviews from eight or nine years ago and you'll see Square talking exactly about this business model.

BTW, learning about their business model helped put money in my pocket.

JCpies
13th Mar 2013, 21:02
Incorrect.

I don't know.

Defiance has a ring to it...

EricaLeeV
13th Mar 2013, 21:10
I'm down with The Fall. You can make more jokes with that title.

See I just made one in the first sentence hurhurhur.

68_pie
14th Mar 2013, 00:02
I don't know.

Defiance has a ring to it...

If it was just "Defiance" it would be okay if completely generic. But "Human Defiance" sounds really awkward and trying too hard to tie it into DXHR.

WildcatPhoenix
14th Mar 2013, 00:31
If it was just "Defiance" it would be okay if completely generic. But "Human Defiance" sounds really awkward and trying too hard to tie it into DXHR.

It really does. "Human Defiance"...as opposed to what, non-human defiance? Dog defiance? Penguin defiance? :scratch:

EricaLeeV
14th Mar 2013, 00:35
I'd play Penguin Defiance.

Seriously though, i concur with Pie in thinking Human defiance is an awkward title. For me it's a lot less thematic/foretelling than The Fall is.

MasterTaffer
14th Mar 2013, 04:49
I'm curious as to what the context of "The Fall" is compared to the plot. Perhaps within context it has some sort of deeper, appealing meaning. I've seen it before; Pandora Tomorrow sounded like a dumb title for a Splinter Cell game until you understood the context of it. Then, at least I thought, it had a cooler relevance to it.

JCpies
14th Mar 2013, 07:59
They did say that there was a sort of collapse between Human Revolution and Deus Ex, to explain why HR looks so much more advanced infrastructure wise (also lack of mass augmentation).

MasterTaffer
14th Mar 2013, 08:24
They did say that there was a sort of collapse between Human Revolution and Deus Ex, to explain why HR looks so much more advanced infrastructure wise (also lack of mass augmentation).

Excellent point.

Zombie Fred
15th Mar 2013, 10:30
There's still a lot of events to happen before Deus Ex after Human Revolution such as the fall of everet and the rise of Bob Page and the nano-project, the destruction of the statue of liberty, and MJ12. There's a lot of cool stuff to see and I still believe that Adam Jensen will return among with Pritchard missing link talks about the secret organization knowing where to find him and how Francis can't die in the game so it's easy to have that character relationship continue and plus the voice actor is always around Eidos Montreal :)

68_pie
15th Mar 2013, 10:57
If Jensen is in it he won't be the player character. It would also mean they've decided which HR ending is canon.

mattig89ch
17th Mar 2013, 21:54
If Jensen is in it he won't be the player character. It would also mean they've decided which HR ending is canon.

I'm not sure what you mean. Which ending makes him not be a pc?

68_pie
17th Mar 2013, 22:36
I'm not sure what you mean. Which ending makes him not be a pc?

Sorry, those were two separate statements. Although, I'm pretty sure there was an ending where Jensen dies so that would be a problem.

I meant, in each DX game you start out with few/no augmentations. So if you reused AJ you either a) have to come up with some convoluted reason why he loses his augs so he can later gain them again or b) let people import their character from the previous game, have him start powerful and come up with even stupider upgrades.

Both of those option sound pretty dumb to me. Plus AJ's story, whilst not being particularly interesting, had a complete arc.

Jerion
18th Mar 2013, 03:10
The best cross-game interactions in the DX universe happen when NPC characters meet different PCs and become mutual acquaintances, IMO, not when PCs meet. JC never meets Adam (that we know of anyway), but Gary Savage and Tracer Tong cross paths to varying degrees with both of them. That works out to brilliant effect as it allows for continuity and familiar faces in a wide-ranging universe while side-stepping the problem of player customization and behavior; essentially they allow for player choice while maintaining a coherent storyline. We don't know why Savage named his daughter Tiffany, but you can be damned sure it had something to do with Adam's actions, whatever they might have been.
Even allowing for this sort of distance to account for player choices in his original storyline, Jensen could still appear in a later game as a NPC as he's got a fairly defined personality by default; no matter what he says, all his comments could comfortably come from the same person. JC by comparison has the default personality of a snarky yet well-read potato. His personality emerges based on the player's decisions but doesn't have much in the way of defining elements

Adam could very easily be reintroduced as a PC though: Missing Link conveniently explained his lack of available augs by saying that they had been given a forced reset to factory zero. Set the new story far enough in the future to account for popular memory to have forgotten about the details of the ending chosen in HR (say...five years? :p), acknowledge that the "everybody dies" ending is not canon and having Adam back as the PC should work out just fine.

CyberP
18th Mar 2013, 09:24
Jerion....you consider HR canon? :lol:

Jerion
18th Mar 2013, 09:39
Jerion....you consider HR canon? :lol:

I consider DX, DX:HR, DX:HR:TML and DX:IE to be canon. The rest of it is in a muddy grey area, and there is no typo in that list. :p

CyberP
18th Mar 2013, 10:15
No invisible War then? Canon for me, even considering the game wasn't very good..

Spyhopping
18th Mar 2013, 10:46
^It's interesting how you find it amusing to consider HR as canon, but are quite willing to accept IW. Did you prefer playing IW?

I consider DX, DX:HR, DX:HR:TML and DX:IE to be canon. The rest of it is in a muddy grey area, and there is no typo in that list. :p

It took me a moment to sus that selection of abbreviations. ;) I suppose I accept IW as canon, but without paying much attention to those endings. I was dissatisfied with the melodrama of all of them.

Zoet
18th Mar 2013, 20:24
I personally see no barriers to having Jensen appear as the PC. Games like the Witcher series have the character relearning abilities from scratch again, and even if it's absurd by real-world logic, I think it is even more absurd to ditch a character just because they have levelled up.
The endings however are slightly more problematic, but they can either pick one, or contrive that all of the endings lead to the same outcome because of the influence of forces beyond Adam's controll. This may not be ideal, but I also think that Adam's story isn't quite over, as I felt that there were still unresolved issues at the end of DX:HR.

ZakKa89
19th Mar 2013, 14:15
Please give us an epic E3 reveal with a new engine :)

mattig89ch
20th Mar 2013, 00:20

Only if they show us actual game play rather then cut scenes.

Shralla
20th Mar 2013, 00:52

Before Thief comes out? Like I said, not happening. E3 is the epic reveal for Thief with actual gameplay. Why would they drown that out with Deus Ex hype? They didn't even talk about Thief at all until Tomb Raider came out, and ditto with Tomb Raider to Deus Ex.

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 14:20
I think that, after the next game, Eidos Montreal should gather the courage to remake the original Deus Ex and adapt whatever parts of the plot are necessary to link the game's timeline to that of Human Revolution. I've faith that they will respect the original material, while innovating and surprising us in a positive way.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 14:22
I think that, after the next game, Eidos Montreal should gather the courage to remake the original Deus Ex and adapt whatever parts of the plot are necessary to link the game's timeline to that of Human Revolution. I've faith that they will respect the original material, while innovating and surprising us in a positive way.

Are you on crack?

Spyhopping
21st Mar 2013, 14:44
It'd be surprising if they remade the original. I'd rather sink my teeth into a new game anyway.

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 15:05
Are you on crack?

Bath salts actually.

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 15:25
Are you on crack?

Why? I think it's a good idea. I wanted a remake for quite some time. And come on, Denton needs his spotlight back.

3rdmillhouse
21st Mar 2013, 15:41
Why? I think it's a good idea. I wanted a remake for quite some time. And come on, Denton needs his spotlight back.

I can't play the original Deus Ex anymore. I mean, the plot is still very relevant, very modern, the voice acting is still good, and the gameplay is kickass with exception of the AI; but the graphics are horrible, even with high-res texture packs and with those remade models, the game is still horrible to look at, outdated geometry on the levels. The truth is, I'm a graphics' whore.

EricaLeeV
21st Mar 2013, 15:47
I would prefer they wait a bit until any kind of remake like that. If they attempt it at all, it's such a LARGE project to undertake.

I'm sure there is room for a couple of more games to take place in the timeline before the original, let's just do that for now.

Spyhopping
21st Mar 2013, 16:23
Yes, I'd much rather see a brand new game too. I have a feeling that any modern remake of DX would have to chop the game down considerably.

JCpies
21st Mar 2013, 16:36
Adam Jensen should be a boss battle during the game as a plot twist element.

EricaLeeV
21st Mar 2013, 16:39
Adam Jensen should be a boss battle during the game as a plot twist element.

Brain slug or red-spider-chest-thing from RE5 is necessary.

http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/futurama_hermes_brainslug.jpg

Spyhopping
21st Mar 2013, 16:40
Why does the idea of kicking Jensen's butt in a boss battle appeal to me so much?

EricaLeeV
21st Mar 2013, 16:45
Why does the idea of kicking Jensen's butt in a boss battle appeal to me so much?

I actually wanted Walton to step in and do that at some point...show the future of augs, if that's possible. A little foreshadowing when Adam steps a little too far into the conspiracy.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 17:03

Because there is no way that they could do it justice. Changing any one element will completely shift the balance of how the game plays. DX was a perfect storm of design - part of the balance of the game is down to things like the poor AI. Some aspects of mods like Shifter and New Vision can work but to remake it would only serve to tarnish the original.

I can't play the original Deus Ex anymore. I mean, the plot is still very relevant, very modern, the voice acting is still good, and the gameplay is kickass with exception of the AI; but the graphics are horrible, even with high-res texture packs and with those remade models, the game is still horrible to look at, outdated geometry on the levels. The truth is, I'm a graphics' whore.

I feel really sorry for you. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm genuninely sorry that there are so many games you will miss out on.

Because he was a massive douche ;)

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 17:16
Because there is no way that they could do it justice. Changing any one element will completely shift the balance of how the game plays. DX was a perfect storm of design - part of the balance of the game is down to things like the poor AI. Some aspects of mods like Shifter and New Vision can work but to remake it would only serve to tarnish the original.

Here's a startling revelation: nobody's taking the original away from you.

Jerion
21st Mar 2013, 18:47

Sure there is. DX may have been a 'perfect storm' of design, but the execution did not match the design. Most of the appeal of DX is in the concept it subtly promises you, and through various feats of impressively thought out execution combined with smoke and mirrors it seem to mostly deliver on that promise. In hindsight it could have gone quite a bit further in places like combat and stealth AI interactions, level design or just pure graphical detail. Aside from the branching dialogue, reactive world and action-consequence stuff, it was really held back by the restrictions the original team faced at the time. Applying the DX approach to the world with the possibilities offered by modern tech and tools would take the original concept even further, and if you end up preferring the original, you still have it. Nobody would be taking it away from you.

68_pie
21st Mar 2013, 21:45
In hindsight it could have gone quite a bit further in places like combat and stealth AI interactions, level design or just pure graphical detail. Aside from the branching dialogue, reactive world and action-consequence stuff, it was really held back by the restrictions the original team faced at the time.

I fear that changing any of those elements would unbalance the game and in more general terms would lose the "feel" of Deus Ex.

Applying the DX approach to the world with the possibilities offered by modern tech and tools would take the original concept even further

We've been saying that someone, anyone, should have done this ever since DX came out. In over a decade nobody has. The closest would be V:tM:B I guess.

If you end up preferring the original, you still have it. Nobody would be taking it away from you.

Oh, sure. But the remake will reflect upon the original. For a lot of people, they will expect the remake to be in the style of DXHR. There's no way there would the investment to make a DX-style remake of DX.

This is a really dumb, and probably personal reason for not wanting them to do it but here goes anyway: people will think the new version is DX. Same thing happened with Fallout (I know F3 was not a remake but go with me on this).

If I say Fallout in conversation with someone, they almost inevitably say "oh you mean that Bethesda game" and then I have to go bang my head against a wall, come back and tell them "no, I'm talking about the good Fallout". Incessantly aggravating :/

ZakKa89
21st Mar 2013, 22:14
Before Thief comes out? Like I said, not happening. E3 is the epic reveal for Thief with actual gameplay. Why would they drown that out with Deus Ex hype? They didn't even talk about Thief at all until Tomb Raider came out, and ditto with Tomb Raider to Deus Ex.

Let a brother dream son

Count D
21st Mar 2013, 23:19
I fear that changing any of those elements would unbalance the game and in more general terms would lose the "feel" of Deus Ex.

We've been saying that someone, anyone, should have done this ever since DX came out. In over a decade nobody has. The closest would be V:tM:B I guess.

Oh, sure. But the remake will reflect upon the original. For a lot of people, they will expect the remake to be in the style of DXHR. There's no way there would the investment to make a DX-style remake of DX.

This is a really dumb, and probably personal reason for not wanting them to do it but here goes anyway: people will think the new version is DX. Same thing happened with Fallout (I know F3 was not a remake but go with me on this).

If I say Fallout in conversation with someone, they almost inevitably say "oh you mean that Bethesda game" and then I have to go bang my head against a wall, come back and tell them "no, I'm talking about the good Fallout". Incessantly aggravating :/

OOT: out of all the Fallouts not published by Bethesda only one is good (the original).

FrankCSIS
22nd Mar 2013, 00:33
Oh please. Fallout 2 was a gem wonderfully balanced and filled with the social inadequacies of a world trying to rebuild over a pile of chaotic ashes. Of course like most sequels it was mostly just a bigger version of the original, but it was done extremely well in nearly all aspects. Almost to the level of T2 vs The Terminator. The real trouble is that after Fallout 2, the franchise had nowhere to go in the immediate future. Hence why the only Fallout 3 that could possibly come out had to be the one that did come out, one focused on technological wonders and 3d exploration instead of social interactions.

Applying the DX approach to the world with the possibilities offered by modern tech and tools would take the original concept even further

You know I've always said DX was a blueprint to what could have potentially been the next generation of gaming. I still stand by this statement. It's been over ten long years since I've started waiting for someone to build up from this stepping stone and move along, but I've yet to see one example of it.

It was perhaps unfair to expect a new studio with everything to prove, and perhaps not the same natural gaming background as us, to move the franchise in that specific direction, considering the work, and most importantly, the financial risks attached to such a project. Given the circumstances, then, I don't expect anyone to step up to the plate and actually do it anytime soon. It doesn't take anything away from what was accomplished, of course.

In other words, my trust in the matter has been shaken over the years, and I'm not very eager to lend it to anyone who would pretend to work on such a project with commercial intents. The two seem to be too mutually exclusive as of late, and the general gaming sociology has moved in another direction.

Jerion
22nd Mar 2013, 01:44

I suspect most of what you hold dear about DX is tied to the presented emergent flexibility (which it does have to an extent, but not in areas like combat and stealth which are for the most part predictable). Graphics and physics-related improvements, intelligent combat AI and richer stealth mechanics are not going to affect that, indeed they ought to improve it. Level design can be met and exceeded, assuming that it is thought out properly (much easier said than done). DX:HR most definitely was not explicitly designed for emergent play, it was designed for polished and flexible play based on the four-pillar model of the first game. Dishonored leaned more toward the emergent direction, and scratched that itch a little bit more.

Can that sort of emergent play be done? DX did it thirteen years ago. It can be done. Doing it on the scale of a game like DX (let alone more complex) with modern production values (complete writing, voice acting, music etc) is the real question, one that I think most people are afraid to ask. Either that or they haven't found an answer they like. The sad thing is that because very few games have explored this space, the notion that somebody is going to pull it off well is met with skepticism regardless of validity.

PlasmaSnake101
28th Mar 2013, 10:54
This will be the one where nano-viruses eliminate factory farming and the agri-industry.

Actually, that doesn't sound like a far-fetched idea story-wise, using a virus to unleash famine and poverty onto the world.

Shralla
28th Mar 2013, 18:43
But true nano-technology of that scale will eliminate the need for those things in the first place.

TheBrandon
23rd Apr 2013, 06:20
When are they going to announce a sequel?

Shralla
23rd Apr 2013, 07:19
They'll probably let it slip that they're working on it sometime this year, with an actual announcement trailer akin to the one they recently released for Thief after Thief launches, like the way they waited until after Tomb Raider's launch to "announce" Thief even though we've known about it for a while.

Snake04
24th Apr 2013, 16:11
I spotted this trademark last week, however I was to busy to post. Anyway let's start the hype machine again :D please be a game please!!!!

CyberP
24th Apr 2013, 21:49

I agree. only those with a strong devotion to and understanding of DX would be adequate to take on the task, otherwise it shouldn't be remade.

I disagree. Depends if you keep every possibility, variable etc in mind, and depending on just how dramatic these "improvements" are.

DX was a perfect storm of design - part of the balance of the game is down to things like the poor AI.

Indeed. Well, there are plenty of flaws, but it's all minor mostly and barely noticeable since everything else is so damn good, ingenious. Anyway, changing the AI to modern standards without affecting that balance can still be done, imo, but the chances for success are low. And I've been doing a lot of tweaking with DX NPCs (note, just tweaking) the past few months struggling to keep that balance myself. With this next release coming soon the mod should be worthy, I hope.

In my opinion New Vegas was close. But it was excellent open world design, less of a focused, guided experience. Bloodlines is outstanding yet heavily flawed even with the community patch imo.

Sorry, Fallout 1 & 2 were good games, but New Vegas for me is superior by far. There is far more depth (mostly gameplay depth) to New Vegas than the original. I know it's not really Fallout anymore (too easy, less of a focused experience, survival element not so strong, objective markers etc), but give me a First Person Role Playing Immersive Sim over an isometric RPG any day....unless it's Skyrim or Bioshock or something.
Depth comparisons aside, I just think New Vegas has brilliant design, shame it was forced out the door early.

Sure there is. DX may have been a 'perfect storm' of design, but the execution did not match the design.

it was really held back by the restrictions the original team faced at the time.

The execution was brilliant. Poor graphical detail is precisely why Deus Ex is so good; Ion Storm made everything else a priority, not graphics. HL1 from two years before looked better in just about every way, though it's engine probably deserves credit for that also.
I still like Deus Ex's art direction anyway.

FrankCSIS
25th Apr 2013, 00:50
Sorry, Fallout 1 & 2 were good games, but New Vegas for me is superior by far. There is far more depth (mostly gameplay depth)

I don't know, mang. I really liked New Vegas, but there was something magical about how Fallout 1 and 2 conveyed the sociopathy displayed in their post-apocalypse world. Under every rock of clich├ęs were found some true gems of cynicism, strange and delicious behaviour, and downright hilarious yet inappropriate situations and possibilities that were rarely found in any other games, New Vegas included. Seriously, in what other game can you claim to have avoided a good dozen gun fights by having sex, with males and females alike, and possibly a minor or two on the side? :p

NV had a lot more flavour than the very bland and badly written F3, but less so than 1 and 2. Fallout 1's ending/Fallout 2's Intro was both tear-jerking and profoundly logical as well. You have to admire a game which provides the most logical ending, without being too dark/dramatic or too happy-go-lucky about it. What happened happened because it was the only thing that could happen. The tone of both games was perfect, from cover to cover.

Gameplay depth is hard to argue, though. I suppose if it weren't so damn long and expensive to produce a 3d game, eventually New Vegas could have trumped F1 and F2, if the game could have been as big and varied as F2 was.

CyberP
25th Apr 2013, 01:45
Yeah. Gameplay will always win me over though. Besides, as you acknowledged, New Vegas' writing was still excellent, though the main quest line/plot fails to draw you in as much as the older ones unfortunately.

AlexOfSpades
25th Apr 2013, 13:37
Everyone is asking for a game. I agree. I want Deus Ex: The Fall to be a game, and not a movie. And please be a new game, not a DX remake. Remakes arent fun. I cant imagine how could they make a Deus Ex movie, sincerely. Deus Ex is a game about choices - a movie can only follow a single path. No movie will ever live up to the experience it was to play this game.

Still, if its a movie (doubt it, but...) it could be exploring a part of the story we havent seen before. Something like Paul Denton's storyline.

Or Walton Simon's storyline.

*shivers*

Snake04
25th Apr 2013, 15:15
On a deus ex remake this saying works the best: if it aint broke don't fix it. And deus ex remains a master piece so don't remake it please.

WildcatPhoenix
25th Apr 2013, 16:33
Let me start off by saying I have absolutely zero faith in Eidos Montreal or the people at Square Enix to create a remake that didn't drastically alter the gameplay and atmosphere of the original Deus Ex.

Having said that, using a modern engine to remake Deus could have some amazing results. A lot of the things that got cut from the original game were due to engine limitations, and a remake could now improve on some of those issues. Just imagine, for example, the shootouts in the streets of Hell's Kitchen taking place between more than 5 NSF vs 5 UNATCO guys. Or nightclubs that were actually filled with dozens of NPCs rather than a couple of people awkwardly dancing in the middle of an empty room.

More than any graphical enhancement, though, I would want to see a drastic expansion of the storyline options. Simply remaking a game we've already played serves no purpose, in my opinion. Instead, I want to see the option to stay with UNATCO. Or to join forces with MJ12. Put in the planned Texas battlefront mission. Washington DC and the FEMA detention camps. Those kind of things. It could be truly incredible.

CyberP
25th Apr 2013, 16:56
Or nightclubs that were actually filled with dozens of NPCs rather than a couple of people awkwardly dancing in the middle of an empty room.

:lol:

More than any graphical enhancement, though, I would want to see a drastic expansion of the storyline options. Simply remaking a game we've already played serves no purpose, in my opinion. Instead, I want to see the option to stay with UNATCO. Or to join forces with MJ12. Put in the planned Texas battlefront mission. Washington DC and the FEMA detention camps. Those kind of things. It could be truly incredible.

I'd like to see an expansion to the storyline too, but not those examples. I'll explain why later.

Spyhopping
25th Apr 2013, 18:43
Let me start off by saying I have absolutely zero faith in Eidos Montreal or the people at Square Enix to create a remake that didn't drastically alter the gameplay and atmosphere of the original Deus Ex.

It's unlikely it'd have the same atmosphere, but they'd still do a good job of it I think. I would rather they put their energies into creating an original title anyway. My childlike mind craves novelty.

a couple of people awkwardly dancing in the middle of an empty room.

Just makes me think of the epilepsy inducing dance party.

Shralla
25th Apr 2013, 20:24
Simply remaking a game we've already played serves no purpose, in my opinion

Pretty much the ONLY reason to remake a game is to sell it to people who haven't played it before, and consider the original to be too old or clunky in some fashion, as well as to the fanboys who are so crazy they'll buy anything brand-related, so the point is to make money, and the most effective way to do that is to not alter anything for the most part.

WildcatPhoenix
25th Apr 2013, 22:04
Pretty much the ONLY reason to remake a game is to sell it to people who haven't played it before, and consider the original to be too old or clunky in some fashion, as well as to the fanboys who are so crazy they'll buy anything brand-related, so the point is to make money, and the most effective way to do that is to not alter anything for the most part.

I guess I disagree with this statement. The reason we see so many remakes/reboots in cinema, for example, is because of the relative investment safety of brand recognition. You mentioned above that there are "fanboys" out there who will buy anything brand-related. This is true, as is the statement that many younger gamers would never get past the outdated graphics and physics of the original Deus Ex.

But there's a third market out there, and your estimation of the size of that market would be the driving factor behind the decision to produce an updated Deus Ex. That market is made up of people who played the original game dozens to hundreds of times, the people still modding the game to this day, the people who are obsessed with the world of Deus Ex but aren't necessarily on board with the new direction EM has decided to take with the franchise (ugh, I really hate that word).

The people in this market don't just buy anything with the words "Deus Ex" printed on it. They'd want to know why they should slap down another $40-60 on a game they've owned for years. You're going to get the new player market, the people who were introduced to Deus Ex through Human Revolution and are eagerly awaiting a sequel. You're going to get the "fanboys," as you call them. But I think you could really maximize your sales by offering that third group something new- an expanded Deus Ex experience, if you will. Think of it as DLC for the original game, if we have to use the modern parlance.

You'd almost have to change some things, to be honest. Improvements to AI and character animation/modelling would prompt major changes to NPC and enemy behavior, which would prompt differences in level design, resource allocation and balance, and a million other things. Draw distances, item physics, and the number of NPCs on screen that modern systems can handle would completely change the game. I say keep the dialogue, keep the awesome music (with a remastered soundtrack and new tracks for the new levels), keep the in-game text and all of the wonderful world-building things, and of course keep the story/plotline intact.

But give us something new to experience. And even if you don't keep those early stage ideas like the Texas front or the White House (for example, I never really cared for the idea of the moon base mission...glad that ended up getting scrapped), I think allowing the player to really make his own choices regarding UNATCO/MJ12 would be utterly fantastic and would make my favorite game of all time even greater.

Snake04
25th Apr 2013, 22:19
Just leave Deus Ex as it is I don't care if its old and outdated I have a old pc just to play it. Deus Ex: The Fall should be set after HR and cover "the collapse" leading up to the proper formation of unatco with paul denton, and Deus Ex "5" should cover paul's adventures. Cause we love paul. :)

Pinky_Powers
25th Apr 2013, 22:21

Who among us doesn't think Deus Ex is ugly and clunky? It was born ugly and clunky. I love it has much as anyone possibly can, but I would pay full price for a proper remake. But it would have to be spot-on perfect. No "modern envisioning" or inappropriate mechanics. It would have to be Deus Ex, only pretty and fluid.

Jerion
25th Apr 2013, 22:22
I'd pay a good price for a faithful remake in a new engine, but I don't think energy should really be spent on doing that. Exploring new ground would be better IMO.

It would have to be Deus Ex, only pretty and fluid.

RUN! RUN FROM THE INEVITABLE SUBJECTIVE VAGUENESS OF THAT SENTIMENT!

FrankCSIS
25th Apr 2013, 22:25
You may be overestimating the size of the crowd of this third market, Wildcat. I can't imagine the financial justifications of marketing a game of this enormous amplitude to such a class, even if Deus Ex has been GOTY and still ranks in most top lists out there.

To tie in with the Other Games thread, a budget of this size would require an appeal to most styles of players, including those who gave up on Deus Ex after or during Liberty Island. DX was not an instantly gratifying game, and it took you by surprise very early on in its core design. I'm not sure how compatible it would be with the possibility of instantly accessible mechanics, if you offered this play style on top of every other styles the original offered. I'm worried we'd end up with a Frankenstein design. Could the battles actually be more fluent right from the start, without affecting the RPG elements? Could the levels support both emerging gameplay and fast-paced action, according to player preferences? I dare not say it's impossible, but it sounds like a monumental task.

Pinky_Powers
25th Apr 2013, 22:43
I'd pay a good price for a faithful remake in a new engine, but I don't think energy should really be spent on doing that. Exploring new ground would be better IMO.

I agree. If it existed, I'd buy it, gladly, but it won't happen. Any professional studio would feel too much pressure to "make it their own", and ruin it. They'd be happier developing a new IP, and the world would better for it.

WildcatPhoenix
25th Apr 2013, 23:31
You may be overestimating the size of the crowd of this third market, Wildcat. I can't imagine the financial justifications of marketing a game of this enormous amplitude to such a class, even if Deus Ex has been GOTY and still ranks in most top lists out there.

It's entirely possible. Note: I'm not suggesting a game be made to target this market alone.

The real question is this: would newcomers to the Deus Ex series (i.e. "people whose first DX game was Human Revolution") purchase and play a straight or expanded remake of the original game?

68_pie
25th Apr 2013, 23:39
It's entirely possible. Note: I'm not suggesting a game be made to target this market alone.

The real question is this: would newcomers to the Deus Ex series (i.e. "people whose first DX game was Human Revolution") purchase and play a straight or expanded remake of the original game?

Surely they'd be expecting it to play like HR? If it doesn't, they won't buy it; if it does, the fans of the original won't buy it.

WildcatPhoenix
25th Apr 2013, 23:59
Surely they'd be expecting it to play like HR? If it doesn't, they won't buy it; if it does, the fans of the original won't buy it.

Most likely, yep. Which is why the only really viable solution is for EM to make a game that bridges the timeline between DXHR and DX, and then release an SDK to let the mod community remake/add to Deus Ex. That way you don't have to allocate many development resources to the remake, you still get your sales from fans of DXHR (plus the people like myself who would buy it just to have a shot at a new SDK toolbox), and everybody wins.

AlexOfSpades
26th Apr 2013, 03:51
A Deus Ex remake would be better on the hands of the fans on a Kickstarter production.

ColBashar
26th Apr 2013, 17:22
I always believed that it would have been smarter if Ion Storm had worked on building an expansion pack for Deus Ex rather than gone into production on Invisible War. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 but I suspect that, even with the critical praise Ion Storm didn't really know what they had on their hands or just how enduring their work would prove to be.

But an expansion pack would have allowed two things: it would have let the developers refine and polish off the existing game while adding all new content. They could have gone back and refined the original engine, specifically giving the AI a second look, while putting in more of the things that were missed from the original game, such as the opportunity to experience the same timeline from the perspective of a UNATCO loyalist co-opted into MJ12. The outcome could have been the same, i.e. stop Bob Page, but the means of getting to that point and JC's motivations could have been very different.

So I think that there's a lot of room to expand and improve on the original Deus Ex, even setting aside cosmetic details such as the graphics. And I'm saying this as a person who regards DX as one of, if not the best designed game I've ever had the privilege to play. Toward that end, I would definitely play a Deus Ex remake -provided- that it holds true to the original's mechanics.

I think "atmosphere" is something that Eidos Montreal did really, really well. It might not have been the same as DX1's atmosphere, but it was equally, if not more engaging and got across that same vibe of grounded futurism. After reading some articles I don't think either game really qualifies as cyberpunk. Or, if they are, they're "low" cyberpunk. What I appreciate about both is how it feels very much like contemporary life but with a few adjustments to make the story and gameplay more interesting and involved.

It's the mechanics where the two games differ, most notably the thief-style stealth versus cover-based stealth. Somebody was saying in another thread how some mechanics, while both individually worthy, don't mix well together. I think the two kinds of stealth fall into that category. I enjoyed Human Revolution and it's probably my favourite game of 2011 but the cover mechanics just made stealth -too- easy. Leaning, by contrast, (unless we're talking about Dishonored's invisi-lean) means taking risks, it presents the player with a strategic quandary of acquiring information at the cost of opening themselves up to attack. On the other hand, I liked the gun battles more in Human Revolution over DX1. So I'm not saying that either system is inherently superior, just different from one another.

I don't really think that you can bridge the two mechanics-wise as long as cover is implemented as standard. I could see it perhaps as an aug, something that requires an investment on part of the player, but if it's always available then I think it will be the defining mechanic of the game and that's just not how DX1 was defined.

Setting aside The Nameless Mod, there are other story mods for Deus Ex in recent development such as 2027 and Nihilum proves to me that there's still an interest in Deus Ex's gameplay. It may be a small interest and not a very vocal one but it's -dedicated-. For this reason I disagree with the notion that Human Revolution is the natural evolution of the gameplay mechanics in the series or of the times. These mods aren't played for the sake of "nostalgia" but because people are keen enough in experiencing DX1 style gameplay enough in a new form that they're willing to invest their time developing for a game more than a decade old.

I don't think any fan attempt at a Deus Ex game would work very well because, let's face it, amateur productions have a low life expectancy. Everybody's coming in with their own ideas of how the game should be and it's very, very difficult to consolidate them all into one package. I'd say most of the people on this forum are hard core fans of the series and if we can't agree on the basic concept of what constitutes a "Deus Ex" game then any such venture would be doomed to fail.

An indie project with a dedicated team, a clear hierarchy and agreed-upon design prospectus, though, that has a chance. And if an indie team were to formulate and prove that they can function cohesively and produce work, crowd funding could be a viable option. Honestly? Making a new Deus Ex game has been an idea floating around in my head for years. A fantasy really since even if I could cobble together a development team, there's no way I could get the license. But I realized something recently. You don't really need a license to make a Deus Ex game. Not -really-. It's so well grounded in the real world and real-life conspiracy theories that many of the components that comprise it are public domain (assuming Eidos hasn't gone "Space Marine" on us).

UN-mandated military? Check. Illuminati? Check. Knights Templar? Check. MJ12? Check. Area 51? Check. Executive orders 10990, 10995, and 10997? Check, check, and check. You would have to avoid specific names like Walton Simons and Versalife but the world is so large and the games touch on only a small part of it that you could either sidestep them altogether or establish all new entities that fulfill the same role. All I'm saying is that a spiritual successor to Deus Ex, or even a veiled remake, developed outside of the Eidos IP is not beyond the realm of possibility. And if I ever get the chance, I'm jumping on it.

CyberP
26th Apr 2013, 19:47
Excellent post, and I feel the exact same way, except for allowing the player to side with UNATCO. It just wouldn't be Deus Ex anymore if you could.

WildcatPhoenix
26th Apr 2013, 20:28
Excellent post, and I feel the exact same way, except for allowing the player to side with UNATCO. It just wouldn't be Deus Ex anymore if you could.

Why not? The game allows you to side with the Illuminati at the end. Why shouldn't your character be allowed to join MJ12 (which is effectively what staying with UNATCO would be all about)? Nothing in the game should force the player to be a "good person," especially considering the fact that you can murder NPCs and animals in cold blood.

I would imagine a UNATCO/MJ12 storyline culminating in a battle between JC and Simons over who will serve as Page's henchman (with maybe another option of siding with Simons to eliminate Page instead).

Makes me wish we'd been able to finish our "Man in Black" project (sigh).

CyberP
26th Apr 2013, 21:04
Why not?

No, you're right.

I just don't see how the DX storyline could be even half as epic if you took the join MJ12 route. Just scared of such a dramatic change I suppose, and besides, if it's an option that's only a good thing as long as it doesn't detract from what is already there.

What happened to the MiB project?

Jerion
26th Apr 2013, 21:08
Handled properly an equally radical shift in tone could be accomplished, with JC going properly dark. I think it'd be really neat to explore a relationship and rivalry between a dark JC and a "good" Paul. Especially because, well, let's face it: Paul never needed JC. Even when supposedly immobilized by a killswitch he was still capable of mowing down half a dozen MIBs and as many MJ12 grunts. Paul just wanted JC to feel like he was doing well.

What happened to the MiB project?

It enjoyed a brief resurgence a couple years ago, but technical issues killed momentum and it drifted to a stop. A shame, because a good bit of early work and some actual early production had gotten done.

WildcatPhoenix
26th Apr 2013, 21:19
Handled properly an equally radical shift in tone could be accomplished, with JC going properly dark. I think it'd be really neat to explore a relationship and rivalry between a dark JC and a "good" Paul. Especially because, well, let's face it: Paul never needed JC. Even when supposedly immobilized by a killswitch he was still capable to mowing down half a dozen MIBs and as many MJ12 grunts. Paul just wanted JC to feel like he was doing well.

Indeed. One of the biggest issues I had with Invisible War was its treatment of Paul, who suddenly became subservient to JC's decisions. That didn't fit the Paul Denton I remembered at all. I don't even doubt that Paul might take JC down if he began to operate voluntarily on the side of MJ12. At the very least, it would bring up a very interesting conflict between the two brothers.

It enjoyed a brief resurgence a couple years ago, but technical issues killed momentum and it drifted to a stop.

To this day, I don't know what happened. Everyone was contributing, people were doing great work, and then when we tried to migrate servers after a technical issue people just...disappeared. Just completely dropped out of contact, almost to a man.

Still pretty bummed about it. Holding out a very slim hope for a future SDK that might revive interest in the project under a new engine. Not sure I could deal with letting the 300-400 pgs of prep text/dialogue I had written just go to waste.

Spyhopping
26th Apr 2013, 21:25
Indeed. One of the biggest issues I had with Invisible War was its treatment of Paul, who suddenly became subservient to JC's decisions. That didn't fit the Paul Denton I remembered at all.

To be fair to Paul, he'd been on the verge of death, and JC did have a supercomputer floating around inside his head. Still, Paul has become one of the most likable characters in the series for me. He was sensible, pragmatic, sympathetic and he had personality.

Now I think of it, I'd be very interested in investigating Paul's story more in a game.

Snake04
26th Apr 2013, 21:36
To be fair to Paul, he'd been on the verge of death, and JC did have a supercomputer floating around inside his head. Still, Paul has become one of the most likable characters in the series for me. He was sensible, pragmatic, sympathetic and he had personality.

Now I think of it, I'd be very interested in investigating Paul's story more in a game.

Exactly I would love a deus ex game that covers paul's adventures it would be a dream come true.

Fest1984
27th Apr 2013, 06:26
I personally would like to see the game AFTER IW that way the devs are completely free to go where they want and can make any storyline fit rather than being so hugely restricted by the timeslines between each of the current games.

Plenty of things can of happened and aslong as the right people are involved in the design of the game it would be awesome

Torok
21st May 2013, 08:45
Heya all i just registered only to share my appreciation for the Deus Ex saga and to add my hope for the Next game to come soon and be a sequel of the latest Deus Ex Human Revolution :)
in fact i'm playing it again right now thanks to Steam! :P

Good Luck Eidos!

xaduha2
21st May 2013, 13:55
You know, I can understand 'Deus Ex series', but a saga? That's a bit much.
Baldurs Gate is a saga, from BG1 to the Throne of Bhaal.
But Deus Ex, with IW as an unworthy successor and HR as a 'reboot of the franchise'?
Surely you see what a mean?

Torok
21st May 2013, 23:25
You know, I can understand 'Deus Ex series', but a saga? That's a bit much.
Baldurs Gate is a saga, from BG1 to the Throne of Bhaal.
But Deus Ex, with IW as an unworthy successor and HR as a 'reboot of the franchise'?
Surely you see what a mean?

y i do :)
i didn't use the correct word, english is not my main language and i didn't give it proper value, as you say, "series" is indeed a more appropriate term

i just love too much the lore and background of Deus ex :)

MasterTaffer
4th Jun 2013, 01:39
6vv3_ndmz8U

Jerion
4th Jun 2013, 02:34
So. Wednesday something will happen. Excellent. I was afraid Wednesday would be terribly boring.

Also, obligatory Within Six Months joke here.

AlexOfSpades
4th Jun 2013, 02:36
IS THAT BOB PAGE'S VOICE I THINK ITS BOB PAGE'S VOICE

SPECULATION MODE: ENGAGED

I'm so excited. If this gets featured on E3, i'm going to eat my hat.

Jerion
4th Jun 2013, 03:08
IS THAT BOB PAGE'S VOICE I THINK ITS BOB PAGE'S VOICE

I'm so excited. If this gets featured on E3, i'm going to eat my hat.

Alright then, speculate: Who is he talking to, and what about? WHY IS HE BEGINNING SOMETHING?

FrankCSIS
4th Jun 2013, 03:12

Goddamn it, I will not get dragged into this!

See you Wednesday :p

MasterTaffer
4th Jun 2013, 03:13
Alright then, speculate: Who is he talking to, and what about? WHY IS HE BEGINNING SOMETHING?

The deployment of Gray Death, perhaps?

Jerion
4th Jun 2013, 03:20
Perhaps, though I was thinking more something to do with nanotech augmentation. Or he's just asking if everybody is ready to start recording a podcast.

AlexOfSpades
4th Jun 2013, 03:25
I'm with Taffer. Sounds like Grey Death. But talking to who? The other Majestics? Oh my god. Did the Liberty Statue strike happen already?

Shaikh
4th Jun 2013, 05:23
My body is prepared and ready for The Fall. Bring it on. :D

lmprv
4th Jun 2013, 06:41
black and gold, triangles, the music, Bob Page talking to someone unknown, about something mysterious, beginning something we don't know about. THe flavour.. the mystery... sounds interesting! :D

The fact that this teaser is so similar to DXHR, the omnious wording of "where will you take The Fall", and is released on Wednesday, though... not expecting anything huge from this, just something neat and probably a little dissappointing lol. Would love to be wrong :)

(On that note I just love how they handled Bob Page in DXHR, TML and this. He's like the smoking man - the Big Bad Guy pulling at everyone, but so mysterious, engimatic, almost supernatural. I remember playing through DXHR just to read that ebook in Zhaos office lol. Janus had the the same effect on me haha.)

neonfish
4th Jun 2013, 08:39
next game is already explayned here :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQwl7G439E

68_pie
4th Jun 2013, 10:05
I'm finding it very hard to give a ****.

Torok
4th Jun 2013, 10:17
My body is prepared and ready for The Fall. Bring it on. :D

same here, can't wait for tomorrow, such joy and expectations :)

SageSavage
4th Jun 2013, 10:20
I'm finding it very hard to give a ****.
Maybe you should go see a doctor then. Constipation can get quite painful.

Spyhopping
4th Jun 2013, 10:46
I would just like to say this:

WAHAY!!!!!!!! :D It's Bob flipping Page!!

JJB must be happy with this upgraded triangle sauce.

lmprv
4th Jun 2013, 11:25
The city reflected in the logo is pretty interesting - you can make out a really tall structure that looks a bit like the Shard, for instance (no I didn't say anything lol)

oceanskie
4th Jun 2013, 11:49
On IGN comment section regarding the news,

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/deus-ex-the-fall-teased-by-eidos-montreal

Hingle_McCringle wrote:

"What comes after a Revolution. THE FALL of an empire"

I think we have a winner for the Guess-What-It-Means contest.

chabbles
4th Jun 2013, 12:48
color me excited, VERY EXCITED!!!!!

now while we are waiting, release the damn directors cut for pc real quick, fast, in a hurry like

xaduha2
4th Jun 2013, 12:52
Come on, it's gonna be a teaser for a trailer of the reveal or something, hold your horses

CyberP
4th Jun 2013, 13:18
I hope I like what they have to offer, I really do.

Spyhopping
4th Jun 2013, 13:30
The city reflected in the logo is pretty interesting - you can make out a really tall structure that looks a bit like the Shard, for instance (no I didn't say anything lol)

Nicely spotted... I wonder if the building next to it on the right could qualify as Tower Bridge. I would dearly love to see a cyberpunk London, and seeing as we've had a broad hint about Saxon (who is English) that's actually quite possible.

Jerion
4th Jun 2013, 16:46
Nicely spotted... I wonder if the building next to it on the right could qualify as Tower Bridge. I would dearly love to see a cyberpunk London, and seeing as we've had a broad hint about Saxon (who is English) that's actually quite possible.

London would be a great place to visit in a DX game, I'd be really intrigued to see it realized in cyberpunk style.

Ilves
4th Jun 2013, 16:52

Belltower? :o

Cyberpunk London's cool, though not as cool as cyberpunk Amsterdam... That's gotta need to happen in a movie/game sooner or later.

Pinky_Powers
4th Jun 2013, 17:08
Seems more and more likely...

Deus Ex: The Fall teaser trailer...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/04/five-seconds-of-promotion-for-deus-ex-the-fall/

Shralla
4th Jun 2013, 18:28
Black and gold still, really? This makes me hope it's the movie because if we're going to get a new game, I want a new art style.

Spyhopping
4th Jun 2013, 18:31
So far EM has announced its games pretty early. They might not have even settled on an art direction yet.

SageSavage
4th Jun 2013, 18:39
Black and gold still, really? This makes me hope it's the movie because if we're going to get a new game, I want a new art style.

I wouldn't wonder if the colour scheme becomes part of the "corporate identity". I still hope for something more aching towards the original though.

68_pie
4th Jun 2013, 18:46
I wouldn't wonder if the colour scheme becomes part of the "corporate identity".

One of the reasons why I'm kinda thinking of this as DX:HR 2 rather than DX 4.

supercd
4th Jun 2013, 19:11
I just hope they release a small nice ARG like the one they did while announcing The Missing Link!
It was cool!

AlexOfSpades
4th Jun 2013, 19:51
I wanted black and green :(

Boradam
4th Jun 2013, 20:05
I'm thinking it's taking place during the MJ-12's defection from the Illuminati, the name "The Fall" just sounds like it's the split between the two groups.

also, BOB PAGE

Spyhopping
4th Jun 2013, 20:15
The start of that "fall" of mech augs in the dawn of nanotech perhaps?

Ilves
4th Jun 2013, 20:27
The start of that "fall" of mech augs in the dawn of nanotech perhaps?

Yeah, in context of the Icarus myth that makes sense.

Now if only that beginning Page is referring to is the start of the Denton project... =D

lmprv
4th Jun 2013, 20:39
maybe it could also refer to the fall of icarus myth relating to the adam jensen arc in DXHR, too (not just mechs. could also refer to The Fall of Man, too, or other things of course). i have this personal theory - 100% bull****, lol - about this teaser - it references AJ drifting in the sea at the end of DXHR - it has this awesome sense of drift, like a body floating, twisting and contorting, wedged slightly in the corner, (also, looking at the logo, i wonder if anyone played Fez? hehe), meanwhile in the background (search?)lights flicker and bubbles/dust travels to the corner. yes i overanalyze :D

really good trailer actually... can't say I'm too hyped - still wary for something that isn't a sequel - but for 7 seconds it's really dense, full of mystery, flavour, and it really rewards close inspection - like a microcosm of DXHR :)

Snake04
4th Jun 2013, 23:03
Expect me to be here more often now with the teaser out :D

It was awesome and bob page asking about are we ready to begin.... I think his asking someone that ingame maybe for the denton project or something else who knows. Till tomorrow or later today for me.

FrankCSIS
4th Jun 2013, 23:37
If it's Page, then we're bound to live out the years he described to Simons

We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again, a new age

Bring on the chaos in this sequel, mister!

vallux
5th Jun 2013, 01:07
Actually pretty hyped for this. If they do announce a sequel, it'll probably bring new life to the forums. I has felt like a skeleton crew around here lately. I just hope it won't be four years like the last time.

avenging_teabag
5th Jun 2013, 07:56
The secondary PR campaign should be online soon. It’s currently undergoing preparations and should be operational within six months.

I'm ready, Mr. Page, oh yes I am. So excited, meow ))

3rdmillhouse
5th Jun 2013, 14:32
Really disappointed that this game is coming out on IOs only. I'd be willing to pay 60 bucks on this if it came out on proper gaming platforms.

Kvltism
5th Jun 2013, 14:34
My initial response to that trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/PEo1oew.jpg (http://imgur.com/PEo1oew)

3rdmillhouse
5th Jun 2013, 14:40
Behold and despair - IOs only -- I'd wish for Steve Jobs's death, but he already died a painful one. This is his revenge from beyond grave, for the failure of Pippin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b8k469DbY

Snake04
5th Jun 2013, 14:45
Eidos thank you for ruining my day ...... WhY why IOS are you mad?? I feel like smashing 1 million iphones, ipads etc etc.

neonfish
5th Jun 2013, 14:48
i just ...i just hate them all.how the **** did this happen?They lost all the respect I had for the studio.I give you a guide how to loose sensitive Deus ex fans. Make a game on IOS tablet ****!!!! Is there Dictatorship in Eidos Montreal?? How come nobody stood up and told them this is not a good IDEA?This is the second slap into the loyal fans face!!! Are the "new" fans so much better that eidos is willing to loose the old loyal ones?????answer this !!!

hyperion86
5th Jun 2013, 14:52
What a disappointment.... this is definitely a great way of angering your fanbase... first fixing DXHR, but only on Wii U.. and now a new game but exclusively for tablets/phones...

Oh well it was too much to hope for some good news anyways...

SageSavage
5th Jun 2013, 14:52
Pfff, seriously? What a letdown.

CyberP
5th Jun 2013, 14:53
:lol: and the ****storm ensues.

Perfect time for me to fix up and improve my mod.
Nihilum was released the other day also, it's pretty good.

I was suspecting something like this after they announced they wanted Deus Ex to become a meta-franchise AKA cash cow.
They are just incompetent and cannot best a game developed on a 15 year old engine so they decided to milk it instead :(

This is what has become of your legendary game mr.Spector. The type of developers you "wanted to shame" and did are now abusing your IP...look what happened to Looking Glass' legacy.

avenging_teabag
i just ...i just hate them all.how the **** did this happen?They lost all the respect I had for the studio.I give you a guide how to loose sensitive Deus ex fans. Make a game on IOS tablet ****!!!! Is there Dictatorship in Eidos Montreal?? How come nobody stood up and told them this is not a good IDEA?This is the second slap into the loyal fans face!!! Are the "new" fans so much better that eidos is willing to loose the old loyal ones?????answer this !!!The cold, hard answer to the bolded is, unfortunately, "yes, they are". Just look at this board, which pretty much went into hibernation a few months after HR release - there are just not that many of us to make a difference.

That being said, my spirits are crushed. I'm still holding out hope for a proper sequel to HR, but it seems the wait is going to be long.

Shadownet
It seems like they don't know the Deus Ex fanbase at all.

No problem.
I will just spend my money on Star Citizen instead.

vallux
5th Jun 2013, 14:55
I have mad love for EM but this is some silly ****. Why in the Christ would you do something like this?

-Neon-
5th Jun 2013, 14:56
I feel that if they don't announce anything about a console/PC sequel or the movie [which is highly unlikely] at E3, a lot of DX fans are going to be really pissed. I, personally, am kind of peeved, just like I was with the "gaming" part of the XBOX One announcement, but I'm saving the tiniest bit of hope for E3.

neonfish
5th Jun 2013, 15:03
The cold, hard answer to the bolded is, unfortunately, "yes, they are". Just look at this board, which pretty much went into hibernation a few months after HR release - there are just not that many of us to make a difference.

That being said, my spirits are crushed. I'm still holding out hope for a proper sequel to HR, but it seems the wait is going to be long.

well look up on youtube the new announcement video.Look at the LIKE DISLIKE ratio.Almost NOBODy likes this ****.there are much more fans of deus ex than it seems.Only a small handfull of them are active on these forums.That is true.

Darthassin
5th Jun 2013, 15:03
No words to describe what I feel right now. First DC only for Wii U and now this. No words.

CyberP
5th Jun 2013, 15:05
C'mon guys, they must be trolling us, right? Right? Get everybody really riled up for a day, then BAM, ultimate Deus Ex revealed, somehow even better than the original Deus Ex.

Not likely, that would be some crazy marketing.

raz3r
5th Jun 2013, 15:07
I lost faith in these guys, after I saw the trailer I thought I was either dreaming or they were trolling me. Too bad that's actually real. Guess what, we don't need another Deus Ex, we already have one which is almost perfect even after 10 years. We don't need you guys screwing around with the most appreciated PC franchise of all time. Really, just stay the **** away from it.

Kvltism
5th Jun 2013, 15:11
Well, I hope they weren't expecting a positive reception on social media... This is brutal.

The announcement had one positive for me: bringing Saxon into the game-world. But to do so in a mobile release feels like a missed opportunity. Terribly disappointing.

xaduha2
5th Jun 2013, 15:19
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21787303/images/dugaslaugh.gif

-Neon-
5th Jun 2013, 15:52
http://24.media.tumblr.com/25f110091b84c5ea333b7833b9d82107/tumblr_mnxg2jqNse1qioqtlo1_1280.png

Snake04
5th Jun 2013, 16:46
I really hate these guys guts.... Thank you for ruining the franchise...... These guys are really idiots and that's that. I'm gonna hate every ipad and iphone user I see from now on.

Shralla
5th Jun 2013, 17:22
http://24.media.tumblr.com/25f110091b84c5ea333b7833b9d82107/tumblr_mnxg2jqNse1qioqtlo1_1280.png

Who do they think they're selling this game to when even the casual fans on facebook and YouTube are reacting like that?

vallux
5th Jun 2013, 17:42
Not even a sexy CGI trailer...for fudge's sake.

Ilves
5th Jun 2013, 18:17
Not even a sexy CGI trailer...for fudge's sake.

Come to think of it, the low production value of the teaser trailer (rehashed music, lazy visuals) really should have been a dead give away that today's reveal wouldn't be that of a AAA budget title. :scratch:

furydeath
5th Jun 2013, 19:34
NOPE.avi

Doom972
5th Jun 2013, 22:09
The WiiU exclusivity of the Director's Cut was a sign of things to come. I don't understand why people let themselves get so hyped up.

No, it's not a sequel, a prequel, or a remake - it's a spin-off. A spin-off for touchscreen devices made to appeal to tablet users.

Watch out Thief fans - you're next.

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 22:12
Watch out Thief fans - you're next.

We've lived through mobile games already on the Thief side. It wasn't the end of the world in the slightest.

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2346/attachment30ed54tk7.jpg

The Fall looks a hell of a lot better than some other mobile games out there. You guys will live; it's just a door into the franchise for more people who previously may not have played Deus Ex. Rub some dirt on that scratch and carry on.

ResonanceCascade
5th Jun 2013, 22:19
This is quite a different scenario though, as this game appears to be more or less an expansion of Human Revolution, just one that will be released on an awkward and unbefitting platform for that kind of game. It's like something cool is so close, yet so far away.

I'm all for the idea of a mobile Deus Ex game. This just seems like the exact wrong way to make one.

Gunter Herman
5th Jun 2013, 22:22
Come to think of it, the low production value of the teaser trailer (rehashed music, lazy visuals) really should have been a dead give away that today's reveal wouldn't be that of a AAA budget title. :scratch:

Indeed, and I have witnesses I said so already yesterday. ;) I would have guessed at Director's Cut for PC or some kind of addon though.

However, the fact that this has been announced one week prior to E3 and not at the E3 itself leaves room for speculation...

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 22:23
This is quite a different scenario though, as this game appears to be more or less an expansion of Human Revolution, just one that will be released on an awkward and unbefitting platform for that kind of game. It's like something cool is so close, yet so far away.

I'm all for the idea of a mobile Deus Ex game. This just seems like the exact wrong way to make one.

It looks like a mobile shooter. I've played plenty of them. Dead Space, Mass Effect: Infiltrator, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard, etcetera.

They're fine, and this looks like a good one. The franchise will survive, it will get more exposure and new fans out of this, and I'm sure we'll see a Deus Ex 4 down the line. Everyone should take a breath and relax.

ResonanceCascade
5th Jun 2013, 22:33
It looks like a mobile shooter. I've played plenty of them. Dead Space, Mass Effect: Infiltrator, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard, etcetera.

They're fine, and this looks like a good one. The franchise will survive, it will get more exposure and new fans out of this, and I'm sure we'll see a Deus Ex 4 down the line. Everyone should take a breath and relax.

Doesn't look like a mobile shooter to me. It looks like a Deus Ex game. If it really is just a crappy FPS spinoff ala Snowblind, then fine. No harm, no foul. But everything I'm seeing makes it look very similar to Human Revolution's gameplay, but on a platform with awful controls and a tiny screen. That's why I'm annoyed by it. (I've seen several outlets reporting that it is a shooter, but the official word says no such thing)

I will agree will those who say that it's silly to be opposed to a mobile Deus Ex game on general principle, as though having one somehow "tarnishes" the series or some such nonsense. My ire has nothing to do with that at all.

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 22:45
Doesn't look like a mobile shooter to me. It looks like a Deus Ex game.

Dead Space is still a Dead Space game. You still aim and shoot off necromorph parts int he mobile version and it has essentially the same mechanics.

Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard is still a tactical shooter much in the same vain as rainbow Six: Vegas. Take cover, order around squad mates, hit rooms from multiple angles, etcetera.

They are fine. Yes, some mechanical changes have to be made for the platform but that's true of EVERY platform. They operate well for what they have and I have very rarely had many complaints about them.

I'm sure Deus Ex: The Fall will be a fun experience and the franchise will survive.

ResonanceCascade
5th Jun 2013, 22:48
You misunderstood what I said.

My point was that this looks like a full-blown Deus Ex game that is being hamstrung be being released exclusively on a platform sub-par platform. I'd be much happier if this were the standard mobile spinoff stuff, since that can be easily ignored. But releasing a Deus Ex game ONLY for the mobile space? It makes no sense. It's annoying.

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 22:50
You misunderstood what I said.

My point was that this looks like a full-blown Deus Ex game that is being hamstrung be being released exclusively on a platform sub-par platform. I'd be much happier if this were the standard mobile spinoff stuff, since that can be easily ignored. But releasing a Deus Ex game ONLY for the mobile space? It makes no sense. It's annoying.

My point is that Dead Space on mobile platforms is still a full blown Dead Space game, and it follows a unique story and separate protagonist from Isaac Clarke. Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard is still a full blown Rainbow Six game. I understood what you said, and I'm saying it's a non-issue in my book.

But, then again I own every platform one can play games on exactly for situations like this.

HERESY
5th Jun 2013, 22:51
Dead Space is still a Dead Space game. You still aim and shoot off necromorph parts int he mobile version and it has essentially the same mechanics.

Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard is still a tactical shooter much in the same vain as rainbow Six: Vegas. Take cover, order around squad mates, hit rooms from multiple angles, etcetera.

They are fine. Yes, some mechanical changes have to be made for the platform, but they operate well and I have very rarely had many complaints about them.

Deus Ex: The Fall will be a fun experience and the franchise will survive.

Agreed. In fact, Dead Space: Extraction, an on rails game that received good reviews (both versions), was still "dead space." In fact, I'd say it's more "dead space" than Dead Space 3. When I saw The Fall gameplay footage I thought "This is in the spirit of HR." and don't see a problem with it.

ResonanceCascade
5th Jun 2013, 22:52
My point is that Dead Space on mobile platforms is still a full blown Dead Space game, and it follows a unique story and separate protagonist from Isaac Clarke. Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard is still a full blown Rainbow Six game. I understood what you said, and I'm saying it's a non-issue.

And I'm saying it bloody well is. Let's just agree it's an impasse?

There is a now a Deus Ex game I can't play without buying a new platform and bothering with crappy controls. I'm glad you don't find this annoying. I do.

To quote someone on RPS who summed it up perfectly:

"I also played the mobile Mass Effect: Infiltrator game, which has basically the same mechanics as this Deus Ex The Fall and I absolutely hated it. It was mostly due to the controls. A shooter with touchscreens will never work. You have to put your finger on the things you want to shoot, which in turn obscures half your screen. And the shooting was the thing that worked best. Everything about that game was so frustrating. Nothing worked and responded like it should. Just really clunky.

(I also tried a couple of other games in this genre like Dead space mobile and they all handle the same.)"

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 22:56
And I'm saying it bloody well is. Let's just agree it's an impasse?

There is a now a Deus Ex game I can't play without buying a new platform and bothering with crappy controls. I'm glad you don't find this annoying. I do.

Being unable to play a game is a fine reason to be annoyed. That's why I own every gaming platform, hence why it's a non-issue for me. You name it, I have it. I don't want to be denied an experience based on gaming platform.

For you, I just recommend you be happy a potential new audience is being introduced to the franchise until you get a chance to play it. If it's successful, maybe we'll see it on another platform some day. Case in point: Resident Evil: Revelations went from a handheld to major game consoles because it was well received. That's not an isolated incident, either.

Sorry that RPS guy didn't like Infiltrator. I had fun with it and that's all that really matters to me.

Gunter Herman
5th Jun 2013, 23:17
It was simply a very bad idea to let people speculate that long. Nobody was waiting for an iOS game, thousands are waiting for DX4. If they had just casually announced this iOS spinoff, there wouldn't have been such massive disappointment. The only reason I can think of to do it THAT wrong is that they have something else up their sleeves...

Gunter Herman
5th Jun 2013, 23:19
I own every gaming platform, hence why it's a non-issue for me. You name it, I have it.

Nice for you. Not everybody can afford that though.

MasterTaffer
5th Jun 2013, 23:21
Nice for you. Not everybody can afford that though.

I'm aware. It's why I say it's best to be happy for those that do have tablets. They'll get to experience a Deus Ex game if they hadn't previously. That's a good thing in my book.

ResonanceCascade
5th Jun 2013, 23:40
Money is definitely also an issue for a lot of folks, but I can't claim that particular reason. I just don't have any good reason to own an iPad (and barely ever use my Kindle Fire as it is). There are some very good games for the platform, but 3D action games are not their forte. It's a compromised experience at best, and at worst, more frustration than it's worth.

Gunter Herman
6th Jun 2013, 00:25
I'm aware. It's why I say it's best to be happy for those that do have tablets. They'll get to experience a Deus Ex game if they hadn't previously. That's a good thing in my book.

If it only were for "tablets". Making this iOS only was another bad idea IMO. DX fans are especially sensitive when it comes to monopolies, big corporations... Read the comments on YouTube. Sure there's a lot of simple ranting, but many don't reject the idea of a tablet spinoff - just the fact that it's coming for one company's tablet only.

Gunter Herman
6th Jun 2013, 00:29
To quote someone on RPS who summed it up perfectly:

"I also played the mobile Mass Effect: Infiltrator game, which has basically the same mechanics as this Deus Ex The Fall and I absolutely hated it. It was mostly due to the controls. A shooter with touchscreens will never work. You have to put your finger on the things you want to shoot, which in turn obscures half your screen. And the shooting was the thing that worked best. Everything about that game was so frustrating. Nothing worked and responded like it should. Just really clunky.

(I also tried a couple of other games in this genre like Dead space mobile and they all handle the same.)"

Sad but true. On my Android phone and iPad I have several 3D shooter games. Dead Space, GTA Vice City etc. I never play them because I just can't get along with the controls. :rolleyes:

besyuziki
6th Jun 2013, 00:31
If it only were for "tablets". Making this iOS only was another bad idea IMO. DX fans are especially sensitive when it comes to monopolies, big corporations... Read the comments on YouTube. Sure there's a lot of simple ranting, but many don't reject the idea of a tablet spinoff - just the fact that it's coming for one company's tablet only.

To be fair, it's a timed iOS exclusive. Its Android version is coming too.

AlexOfSpades
6th Jun 2013, 01:06
Guys. Guys. Listen up.

So, everyone is complaining about the controls on tablets. You know. With the touch screen. So. I had an idea.

GUYS LISTEN

What if. WHAT... IF...

We make. A special device with buttons... with the sole purpose of aiding game control. Wait wait i had a genius idea! What if we expand even more and...

... instead of using the screen to type (covering the damn thing with your fingers)... you'd have a SEPARATE DEVICE to type on it so you can type and look at the screen at the same time! HOLY S**T AND THEN!! AND THEN WE CAN TURN THEM INTO THE SAME DEVICE!!! USED FOR TYPING AND PLAYING!!

THIS IS GENIUS! It would be like a board you know? But... with buttons. Buttonboard? Or.. HEY! GOT IT!

KEYBOARD!

Wow. This is going to revolutionize the market.

ResonanceCascade
6th Jun 2013, 01:11
Guys. Guys. Listen up.

So, everyone is complaining about the controls on tablets. You know. With the touch screen. So. I had an idea.

GUYS LISTEN

What if. WHAT... IF...

We make. A special device with buttons... with the sole purpose of aiding game control. Wait wait i had a genius idea! What if we expand even more and...

... instead of using the screen to type (covering the damn thing with your fingers)... you'd have a SEPARATE DEVICE to type on it so you can type and look at the screen at the same time! HOLY S**T AND THEN!! AND THEN WE CAN TURN THEM INTO THE SAME DEVICE!!! USED FOR TYPING AND PLAYING!!

THIS IS GENIUS! It would be like a board you know? But... with buttons. Buttonboard? Or.. HEY! GOT IT!

KEYBOARD!

Wow. This is going to revolutionize the market.

This will never catch on.

FrankCSIS
6th Jun 2013, 01:13
Buttons?

On my tablet?

Never! You heretic laptop-lover, you! You will burn for this.

Gunter Herman
6th Jun 2013, 03:01
To be fair, it's a timed iOS exclusive. Its Android version is coming too.

That must be brandnew info? Maybe a first reaction to the... I know the word "****storm" is now deprecated, please suggest a better one, thanks. :o

Did they post about The Fall on FB in the meantime? Earlier today there was nothing, and I thought I knew why... ;)

AlexOfSpades
6th Jun 2013, 03:29
Yeah, they did. Pretty much same reaction as here or Youtube - severe fan outrage.

Edit: My comment there got 150+ likes. I'm happy.

Mr. Tibbs
6th Jun 2013, 03:45
An in-depth tactical turn-based RPG would work beautifully for a Deus Ex mobile game, but a first-person stealth shooter on a touchscreen device? I'm trying to think of ways to make this idea even worse and I'm failing.

Gunter Herman
6th Jun 2013, 12:44
Yeah, they did. Pretty much same reaction as here or Youtube - severe fan outrage.

Edit: My comment there got 150+ likes. I'm happy.

Congratulations on that. :D But under which account did they post about it? I can't seem to find anything.

Wintermist
6th Jun 2013, 17:00
Don't worry about it. You're better off forgetting this even happened. There was no new Deus Ex game, it's just named wrong and confusing everything.

hybridex
9th Jun 2013, 07:38
No slam on tablet or iphone, but I can't see enjoying the gaming experience of DX on either. The fall looks pretty awesome and hopefully it would be made available for Ps3 and Xbox.. same with the Director's cut of Adam Jensen DX, would be nice if that would have been made available for PS3 and Xbox as well. There's really no better experience then on a big screen HDTV with surround sounds.. Seems like all the hub bub is just a tease to gear us up for the real DX 4.