PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Memory Bug - Possible spoilers

dungeon
6th Mar 2013, 12:12
I have had a wealth of issues with TR. I suffered from random lock ups and crashes, tessellation halves my FPS (with DX11 enabled of course) and TressFX, AA & SSAO kill my game totally (Average FPS 6, Low FPS 0.1 with any of them enabled) so i eventually forced DX9. This seemed to fix all my issues and i have been playing for a good 10 hours so far.

I'm really enjoying the game and have spent many hours exploring and have not really had a single problem since i forced DX9 however i just reached the Geothermal Caverns,fter about 10 mins of walking down corridors and solving a fairly simple puzzle to get a box i jumped onto a ledge, had a fight sequence with a load of guys coming at me, killed them all and continued onwards until i reached a room with a load of guys in, one was saying some kind of prayer while the rest watched and there was a flammable vent in the middle of the room. I pulled my bow, switched to flame arrows and fired but as soon as the gas exploded i got an error which said

Tombraider.exe caused a general exception fault

ERROR: Out of memory, "Misc" requested 3381008 bytes (3301.8 kB 3.2 MB) (251894464 total free (245990.7 kB 240.2 MB))

I have since repeated this process and suffered the exact same error so as it stands i cannot proceed any further, my PC specs are

Asus P6X58D-E
I7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz RAM
XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB
Windows 8 X64

HELP!!