PDA

View Full Version : Just some quick tips for issues with Nvidia gpu's

beavermatic
6th Mar 2013, 05:47
*Do NOT update to yesterdays beta (314.14). They break Tomb Raider. Nvidia will have new ones out in the next few days specifically for Tomb Raider. Use current WHQL instead. Nvidia's forum tech representative already released a statement today stating they are aware of a lot of the issues for Tomb Raider with NVidia cards, as they received the final build of the game too late to fix/optimize for the 314.14 beta release, and they are working with CD to quickly resolve the issues.

*Do not use "TressFX" hair mode until next patch. Use hair mode "Normal" for now. You will get SEVERE framerate drop and on SLI machines, the hair acts all whacky.

*Game default brightness is insanely high due to certain driver missetting, even after initial brightness configuration, causing textures and world to looked washed out and bland with color banding. Turn brightness slider ALL the way down, should look much, much better. Especially for us on hires S-IPS/LED/LCD monitors.

*Do NOT use ingame VSYNC as of current. It causes tessellation driver issue and will crash/hang the game. It may even cause issues with tessellation off. Try using adaptive vsync in Nvidia control panel until next driver release (which may or may not cause lockups/hangs). Turning off Vsync show reduce or eliminate driver hangups/lockups as of now (worked in my case on my SLI rig). The two Vsync modes are double and triple frame. Double locks the framerate to 60fps max, and triple lock it to 30fps max. This setting should be off until future driver release.

*fixed fullscreen may cause issues for some, though not found any here.

Should be 100% playable, with only TressFX enhanced hair missing until hopeful fix in next driver/patch release =D

Keiichi81
6th Mar 2013, 06:09
The two Vsync modes are double and triple frame. Double locks the framerate to 60fps max, and triple lock it to 30fps max.

You sure about that? That doesn't sound right. Triple buffering should allow for higher framerates, not lower. I can tell you point of fact that with built-in triple buffering enabled my framerate isn't locked at 30 fps in Tomb Raider.

beavermatic
6th Mar 2013, 06:12
May have it backwards but I do believe one vsync mode locks cap at 30fps and the other at 60fps

beavermatic
6th Mar 2013, 15:34
You sure about that? That doesn't sound right. Triple buffering should allow for higher framerates, not lower. I can tell you point of fact that with built-in triple buffering enabled my framerate isn't locked at 30 fps in Tomb Raider.

Ahhh... did some more research on it and those VSYNC modes are not referencing "Triple Buffering" but but double or triple frame rendering. Apparently different things. And yes, one limits frame to 30fps, and the other to 60fps.