PDA

View Full Version : Game stopper. Wolf scene after medical kit

dysect
6th Mar 2013, 05:35
So the wolf ambushes me and I MASH left right. then the wolf rips out my jugular.

This happens right after i retrieve the medial kit in the wolf den:mad2:

dysect
6th Mar 2013, 05:54
fixed it by switching the graphics from what ever is the highest to ultra.

Raphamon
6th Mar 2013, 19:28
This is not a glitch. It's a design flaw. The game developers were insane when they designed the QTE's in this game. You need the reaction time of Superman to be able to get the QTE's right in this game. It's damned ridiculous, and makes the game very frustrating during any QTE events. I really hope they patch this to give players more time to to hit the correct button.

Tecstar70
6th Mar 2013, 19:38
Is this PC?

CameO73
7th Mar 2013, 09:34
I've noticed that if you get too low FPS (for instance by enabling TressFx or Postprocessing on cards that are not up to the task), the QTEs become impossible. The solution is (as the OP already found out) to drop to a lower quality level.

mattkrueg
7th Mar 2013, 10:17
Has to be PC, this is one of two bugs that have caused PC gamers grief. I had to plug in a controller for this scene as well as a prior scene with a Russian individual.

dysect
7th Mar 2013, 14:31
I've noticed that if you get too low FPS (for instance by enabling TressFx or Postprocessing on cards that are not up to the task), the QTEs become impossible. The solution is (as the OP already found out) to drop to a lower quality level.

Yeah, this is the only QTE i had an issue with, as soon as i was able to get it done with setting it to ultra, i maxed the graphics out again and have had no issues doing the other QTE's

As a side note I'm lucky enough to not have any other graphics issues as others are experiencing.

Yes this is the PC version.

Metal70s
28th Mar 2013, 21:24
This game's (PC) QTE and associated controls are simply horrible and it's pretty darned obvious it was an after though post console port. And as a geezer gamer, has lead me to one conclusion. It's time to uninstall the game and strike the developer/publisher off the buy list.

I'm not a twitch kiddie, have never been one and now at >50 y/o, I'll spend my retirement gaming days elsewhere on different titles.

Blow it out your rear girls!