PDA

View Full Version : I just really want an option to turn the mic off

Mordornoob
6th Mar 2013, 02:29
In mutiplayer it's really annoying not to be able to turn the mic off, I like talking to other people on Skype about different things and I honestly don't want to just have my mic on in game 24/7 if I'm going to play a TDM or something.

Relight-TRHQ
6th Mar 2013, 02:31
Unplug your mic?

You can also mute people individually by clicking on the speaker icon next to their names, whether in the Lobby or while in a match.

Mordornoob
6th Mar 2013, 02:32
Unplug my mic when I said I was using it to talk on Skype? I'm not the only one using Skype or Vent haha. Plus I tried the mute thing and it doesn't work for me at all...

Relight-TRHQ
6th Mar 2013, 02:33
Ah, I wasn't clear on what you meant. You mean you are talking to someone on Skype while you are playing the game at the same time?

In that case, you may want to submit this as a feature request, here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134056

Mordornoob
6th Mar 2013, 02:34
Yes I play on the computer to, not the Xbox or PS3. and it's super annoying not being able to turn the mic off.

Lantea
6th Mar 2013, 02:50
Isn't the voice feature in MP controled by Steam? where you can set push to talk insted of always on mic?
If the above is indeed the case and the mic is always on that sucks, I also use skype in most MP games to talk to my friends. + unpluging a built in mic in a laptop is not possible you would have to disable it in the device manager which is kind of inconvenient to do all the time.

Mordornoob
6th Mar 2013, 03:26
Isn't the voice feature in MP controled by Steam? where you can set push to talk insted of always on mic?
If the above is indeed the case and the mic is always on that sucks, I also use skype in most MP games to talk to my friends. + unpluging a built in mic in a laptop is not possible you would have to disable it in the device manager which is kind of inconvenient to do all the time.
Yeah there is but it doesn't work in Tomb Raider for some reason, and I know how you feel I hate talking on Steam games lol it's just plain annoying honestly and it's laggy and horrible qual. But if they just added some way to turn it off it would be great!