PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic 3D : Aiming

Zunzun
5th Mar 2013, 23:25
Aiming is really difficult with the built-in S3D, since the crosshair is displayed in 2D, on the foreground. I have to align my target right in the middle of the 2 crosshairs I see...

Any workaround ?

SE_Param
6th Mar 2013, 01:09
Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

TsaebehT
6th Mar 2013, 17:02
I agree, the game really needs a 3D crosshair. One that either we can control the depth of or an active one that converges to the depth of where it's aimed.

If it wasn't for the fact that the crosshair changes to red when targeting I probably wouldn't be able to play very well at all but even so it's quite the chore compared to what it would be with a 3D crosshair.

Morlizer
6th Mar 2013, 17:32
As mentioned before i also have the crosshair in 2D and it's very tricky to aim.

zerascal
6th Mar 2013, 18:18
Yes please fix the crosshair in 3D or put an option to disable it, for this fantastic looking game in 3D...

vesper8
6th Mar 2013, 19:22
I also hope there's a fix or a workaround released for it soon. Maybe nvidia will add the 3D profile and this will enable their 3d laser sight.. then we just need a way to disable the in-game crosshair until they release a proper patch.

mike_ar69
6th Mar 2013, 19:29
Hi, I would like a 3d cross-hair as well, but I definitely DO NOT think it ruins the gameplay at all as it is. I am having a great time playing this game (can't put it down actually) and would say that I am having infinitely more problems with the QTE interface (I have bypassed these with an Autohotkey script). The crosshair turns red when you are on target, which is really the visual cue I use rather than it being 'on top of' the target. As someone else noted above, a dynamic cross-hair similar to that provided by nvidia would be ideal, or failing that a cross-hair that has 1, 2 or 3 fixed depth settings that we can cycle through on one keyboard key, or failing that allow us to turn it off.
I guess a separate thread should be started to feedback on post-processing anomalies - god rays are rendered incorrectly.
FYI I use 100% depth/separation, and 50% convergence/strength.

ddstomb
7th Mar 2013, 10:40
Playing with 3DVision I added tomraider.exe to the game profile for Mass Effect or Calll of Duty: World at War. This caused the laser sight the Nvidia driver offers (Strg + F12) to be displayed not in 2D but with more depth. So aimig was much easier than with the 2D crosshair.
Unfortunately this workaround with the profiles is not very reliable (updating the driver caused the Nvidia laser sight to become also 2D).
So it would be great I You could offer at least a similar solution as this workaround with an update of the game. If it isn't possibel to make a crosshair that converges to the depth of where it's aimed then simply push the crosshair to more depth. It's definitevly much better than the 2D crosshair at screen depth.

Anyway thank You for supporting 3D! It offers a great experience.

Zunzun
7th Mar 2013, 15:27
The worst thing with this issue is that otherwise the built-in stereoscopic mode looks really great. It would be really sad to have to use a 3dvision or tridef profile instead of it.

glonglon
7th Mar 2013, 16:08
I have also the same bug, no 3d crosshair means that this is impossible for me to aim properly so I waste a lot of amno and I get killed a lot ! This is really annoying and it's sad cause except that bug the 3d experience is great with Tomb raider. I wonder why a such obvious bug hasn't been fixed before release. Anyways I decided to stop the game for now and wait for a fix.

Best regards, and sorry for my poor french grammar.

mbloof
7th Mar 2013, 16:26
Yes, please fix the cross hair.

The cross hairs will turn RED when on target - I simply place the target between the hairs and look for the color change. A bit annoying but easy enough to get used to. It does make some fire fights a bit more challenging - however it has not stopped me from playing.

Zunzun
7th Mar 2013, 18:15
I wonder why a such obvious bug hasn't been fixed before release. Anyways I decided to stop the game for now and wait for a fix.

Indeed, they clearly put some work in that S3D, I can't understand how such a bug could make its way to release.

Same here, I have only played a bit tuesday and am now waiting for a fix.

S3DGamerZone
7th Mar 2013, 19:29
Tomb Raider looks absolutely fantastic in 3D and might just be one of the best S3d experiences I ever had. However, It's plagued with Cross hairs not rendering correctly in 3D. I have hoped that this issue would have gone the way of the dodo by now but it seems to still be alive and well.

I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to play such a beautiful looking game and not be able to aim in it.

glonglon
8th Mar 2013, 09:51
Bumping the topic, hope a mod will care about this major issue.

skyrimer
8th Mar 2013, 15:30
Yeah, I hope they can fix it, other than that it's easily one of the best 3d games ever done, I agree it's surprising how well 3d looks but something as basic as the crosshair is rendered incorrectly, still I can't stop playing it, it's the kind of game that I keep saying myself "just a little bit more and I stop playing, I promise", but I never do lol

Nobsi
9th Mar 2013, 14:01
Yes, please fix the crosshair issue. Game is otherwise amazing and perfect in 3D!

NixxesSoftware
9th Mar 2013, 14:45
This is something we are aware of and are looking at getting fixed.

JOHIsaac
9th Mar 2013, 14:49
The 3d crosshair is an issue, if you switch into 3d Mode (which looks absolutely stunning) you se two crosshairs and you have to aim in the middle of them.

Ok the crosshair turns red but Im waisting a lot of ammo (which is not the problem) but it hurts the eyes after some time because the eye switches from 2D to 3D all the time (when fighting only)...

The times Lara isn't fighting are perfect and relaxing in 3D.

TsaebehT
9th Mar 2013, 19:37

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

glonglon
10th Mar 2013, 20:01

Happy to hear that too, hope the fix will be delivered very soon, can't wait to play :rolleyes:

glonglon
14th Mar 2013, 15:23
Update v1.0.718.4 did not fix the aiming problem...hope the next update will fix the aiming issue.

FreeCam
14th Mar 2013, 15:36
Yeah please fix it for us 3d gamers as if makes aiming very hard as it's now!

Dojomann
17th Mar 2013, 04:22
Newest patch and still no fix... This seems like it should be a simple fix, isn't it?

FreeCam
17th Mar 2013, 10:02
Dont get your hopes up as they still havent answered my question about the camera going crazy = auto camera, I need free cam but even I sound like a parrot the answer is nowhere to be seen :mad2:

glonglon
17th Mar 2013, 20:42
The second update (v1.0.722.3) does not solve 3d crosshair issue.

I hope nixxes will start to care about this issue.

glonglon
18th Mar 2013, 16:13
Bump

NixxesSoftware
18th Mar 2013, 16:59
As we mentioned before in this thread we are aware of this issue and are looking at fixing it. However, the fix unfortunately did not make it into last Fridays patch. We plan to have it ready for you guys fairly soon now.

SE_Param
18th Mar 2013, 17:19
I apologize for the problems everyone is experiencing. We are aware of the graphic issues regarding the game and we are trying to collect as much information so we can get a patch out there as soon as possible. Please report your problem here

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...ghlight=nvidia

Also, nVidia has released an updated beta driver (314.21). It might help with the issue you are experiencing.

FreeCam
18th Mar 2013, 18:22
And how about the camera issue guys ?
Or do you just dont give a crap about it?
Is it to much to ask for a simple thing like free cam = I can and will steer Lara myself couse I like to control my games myself!

Zunzun
18th Mar 2013, 20:28
For people with compatible hardware : Tridef released a profile that seems to work perfectly.

glonglon
19th Mar 2013, 04:50
As we mentioned before in this thread we are aware of this issue and are looking at fixing it. However, the fix unfortunately did not make it into last Fridays patch. We plan to have it ready for you guys fairly soon now.

Good news, hope it will be released this week.

By the way the nvidia bĂȘta drivers (314.21) does not solve 3d crosshair issue.

budwik
19th Mar 2013, 05:10
bumping solely so I can keep track of when this patch is released. Keep up the great work guys, best 3D game i've seen yet

Vekz
20th Mar 2013, 14:40

:thumb:

This game is amazing in 3D already but once the cross-hair issue is fixed it will be truly unbelievable.

Thanks!! :worship:

glonglon
20th Mar 2013, 19:48
still bumping

TsaebehT
20th Mar 2013, 20:06
I'm at a point that I've died so many times because I can't tell how far off my aiming is. :mad2:

glonglon
20th Mar 2013, 23:47
I'm at a point that I've died so many times because I can't tell how far off my aiming is. :mad2:

Do not ruin your game experience bro, wait for a fix.

Zunzun
22nd Mar 2013, 19:38
Any ETA for the fix ?

glonglon
23rd Mar 2013, 00:03
Bump, crosshair issue still not solved.

micla
23rd Mar 2013, 11:43
Damn, what's taking so long to fix such a minor but gamebreaking issue. If even only a patch for this one thing came out......

It's amazing such a obvious bug was'nt noticed during testing.

Please fix...

We want to play in 3D !!!!!! Yesterday !!!!!

mbloof
23rd Mar 2013, 15:05
There are a few things which can 'soften' the impact of the broken crosshair:
1. Place the target between them
2. The crosshair will change color (RED) when on target
3. Lara does have a 'autoaim' sort of function with the left trigger

Lastly, some of the death sequences are interesting to watch.

(bump)

Nobsi
23rd Mar 2013, 15:18
Any news about the crosshair fix?

I'm at 30% (simply couldn't wait for the fix) but are killed all the time due to the inability to aim right.

This game is so wonderful in 3D, please give us the fix.

glonglon
23rd Mar 2013, 15:52
Please fix...

We want to play in 3D !!!!!! Yesterday !!!!!

I agree. This bug is so annoying.

glonglon
25th Mar 2013, 11:29
bump

ElBartoME
25th Mar 2013, 21:23
Tried to play it in 3D. Everything looks amazing. But with that crosshair it's almost impossible to aim. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Relight-TRHQ
25th Mar 2013, 21:24
This is now addressed for PC players in today's patch :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136034

ElBartoME
25th Mar 2013, 21:28
Wow, okay cool. It's downloading the patch right now. Let's see.

EDIT:

Much better! Thanks for the patch. The only problem I have now is tesselation. It still glitches out. And I think it's even worse now.

TsaebehT
25th Mar 2013, 21:39
Of course it is! I finished the game the other day. :mad2:

Looks like I'll just have to play it again! Thanks for fixing it! :thumb:

Relight-TRHQ
25th Mar 2013, 21:44
Much better!

Thanks for fixing it! :thumb:
Glad to hear it's working :)

I just have to say I wish I could play this game in 3D, it's already amazing in 2D, I can't even imagine how awesome it is in 3D! :eek:

DeviiL
26th Mar 2013, 00:34
Thank you for the 3d crosshair! Works great :) Now those flying seagulls have no chance! :D
Lots of love given to 3d users. Thank you very much. A true 3d masterpiece.

Vekz
26th Mar 2013, 09:12
I just tested it out and the new crosshair is GREAT!! :D

Thank you so much for fixing it in a pretty timely manner. :worship:

glonglon
26th Mar 2013, 09:58
I'm happy to confirm that update 1.0.730 solved the 3d crosshair issue. Finally I can play in proper conditions.

To the devs :

As I already told before, Tomb raider is by far the most beautiful adventure game with nvidia 3d vision and you can be really proud of that.

But if you care for reaching perfection there are still some minor details that could be improved in a future patch :

- In-game subtitles should be displayed in 3d (like resident evil 6)
- waypoint diamond icon should be displayed in 3d

Lantea
26th Mar 2013, 10:09
I just have to say I wish I could play this game in 3D, it's already amazing in 2D, I can't even imagine how awesome it is in 3D! :eek:

Same here, next time I upgrade my setup I need to look into getting 3D.

FreeCam
26th Mar 2013, 10:38
Well ho ho hurray to you!
The devs fix a simple thing that should be there all from the beginning as they made this game a 3D title and it took them what, one month or more, yeeah they did a great job these clowns :/

So how about the crappy camera ?
Crazy to bully a ****t. shaky, camera like this in a game..This aint a movie you wackjobs of tools!

mbloof
26th Mar 2013, 12:57
Thankyou thankyou thankyou - the latest patch fixed the cross arrow - looks good!

Thanks again.

SE_Param
26th Mar 2013, 16:43
Just a quick update for everyone there was an update for Nvidia drivers for a official driver 314.22. There was also a patch for PC on March 25, 2013. I have listed both websites below so you may look into those for more information.

Nvidia Driver
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html

PC Patch Released - 1.0.730.0 - March 25th 2013
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136034

Nobsi
26th Mar 2013, 23:32
Thank you very much for fixing the crosshair issue, just in time for the Easter holidays.

It is working perfectly, I can even shoot the birds from the sky now.

It's great that you show some love for us stereoscopic players, even if we are still a minority. But with such great games, this may change.

Daftvirgin
26th Mar 2013, 23:34
Didn't even know there was a 3D version of this game :eek:

Why was there no word about it?

SE_LaTanya
26th Mar 2013, 23:39
Didn't even know there was a 3D version of this game :eek:

Why was there no word about it?

It's only for PC so if you have PC you definitely should have been aware of it

Daftvirgin
27th Mar 2013, 00:11
Any plans on making a 3D version for consoles in the upcoming sequel? :p

FreeCam
27th Mar 2013, 10:29
Any plans on making a 3D version for consoles in the upcoming sequel? :p

Yeah and the earth is flat so if you want 3D go get a Pc or you are left out :rasp:

Pc FTW!!

TsaebehT
27th Mar 2013, 15:55
It's only for PC so if you have PC you definitely should have been aware of it

I'm pretty big into PC gaming in 3D and technically there wasn't really any mention of it prior to being released. No one knew whether or not it would play properly using Nvidia 3D Vision, it took other users across the world trying it first when it released in their time zones for us to even find out about it.

ElBartoME
27th Mar 2013, 15:59
Glad to hear it's working :)

Yes, it's beatiful in 3D. I made some 3D screenshots while playing the game. You can use red/cyan glasses if you have one to get an idea how it is.

If you have 3D vision or an 3DTV, you can use that of course too.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7497706/Tomb%20Raider%203D.zip

TsaebehT
27th Mar 2013, 18:52
Anaglyph 3D is terrible, the best way to see how good stereoscopic 3D can look is the cross-eyed method, it takes a bit of effort at first. The 3D videos on YouTube can be viewed this way, although I'd suggest pausing the video to try it out first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Uz9DnDemA

Make sure the video is on HD, change the 3D setting to No Glasses, and make it fullscreen ... and keep your eyes level ... and cross your eyes until the 2 images become 1 in the center ... hope you're not afraid of heights! :D

FreeCam
27th Mar 2013, 19:00
Yeah guys it's wonderfull with 3d vision so my hat of to the devs for making such a perfect 3d game :)

Now if only Bioshock was the same, to bad it's totaly unplayable in 3d :(

ElBartoME
27th Mar 2013, 19:00
Well, I just use my 3DTV to play games in 3D. I know that red/cyan glasses are terrible.

Climbing the radio tower is really a great experience in 3D :D

budwik
29th Mar 2013, 17:30
Thank you very much dev team. quick work!

FreeCam
1st Apr 2013, 11:15
Camera fix or dont you give a fu.. ???
Might aswell just look at a stupid B-Movie as this is the same cra.!

TheWitcher
2nd Jun 2013, 23:37
@Nixxes:
Well done Nixxes, I just did not have any nvidia 3D vision issue, also not with crosshair. I suppose it is solved. It was real fun to play this game on PC. Especially the very narrow tunnels looked impressive.