PDA

View Full Version : Seems a little silly!

JMC
5th Mar 2013, 20:50
I finished the game on the hard level, but yet when I start a new game I have no upgrades. :mad2: I have to start all over. What was the point of the achievement rewards, experience points. Nonsense! After completing the game all points, credits and unlocks that I achieved should be available in the new game. Why should EIDOS care? :scratch:I already bought the game. JMC

Shralla
5th Mar 2013, 21:22
Why SHOULD you have all your upgrades? You just went back in time to before you got all of them.

What was the point of all the experience points? Oh, I don't know, how about the FUN and EXPERIENCE of PLAYING THE ******* GAME.

Jesus Christ. Kids these days are seriously completely incapable of enjoying anything based on its own merits. Unless it keeps dangling a carrot in front of them they think it's pointless, even though it's a digital carrot that they can't ever eat.

sonicsidewinder
5th Mar 2013, 21:28
RIGHT! That's enough of that! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI)

CyberP
5th Mar 2013, 23:27
@ JMC- Having no new game plus is a design decision*. New game plus is suitable for a game with little replayability, to give it more replay value, although some games scale the difficulty for NG+ which is when the feature plays best.
For a game like this it is different; DXHR has enough choice to still entertain without any silly features that is usually not much different to just activating god mode.
No NG+ is better because choice & consequence + challenge remain each playthrough.

But then again, for Deus Ex this design decision was perfect and superior to any NG+ ever, but for Deus Ex: Human Revolution you can have almost anything in one playthrough anyway, might aswell have had it, although it would not make sense when you consider the storyline which is almost as important as the gameplay :scratch:

@ Shralla. Bit psychotic there, not that I disagree with all you said; what do you expect with all the braincell wasting crap pushed on them by the corporations etc....Or it could be because he is just a kid, just lacking perspective & experience?
He completed DX:HR so he has potential. Potential to take it further and play through the original Deus Ex :)

Is he even a kid? :lol: Sorry JMC, have a candybar.

*Design decision....or a lack of resources/dev time.

JMC
6th Mar 2013, 14:52
I player the "Original Deus Ex" several times, and enjoyed it. The best thing was that I got a free game of "System Shock 2" with the original game. I love that game as well. I just got it from GOG.com because it some times crashed my MS XP OS. I enjoyed playing DX:HR. The graphic are amazing when played on DX 11.:nut: I understand you position on the replay. Just my opinion. As for the rude comments above :rasp:

EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI
2 X GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) SuperClocked 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 SLI Connected
Ram: 8GB Corsair Twin
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
2 X HD 150GB Western Digital Raptor 10K RPM
1 X HD 300GB Western Digital Raptor 10K RPM
2 X DVD_ROM
FD 1.44MB
MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
PWR Supply: Ultra 3X 1000W SLI Ready
Antec 900 Case
Monitor: Samsung P2770H, LCD, 1920x1080, response 2ms, 70,000:1 Contrast
Logitech X-230 Speakers
Logitech Gaming Mouse MX-518
Steelseries 7G Gaming Keyboard

bat_brain
11th May 2013, 22:50
omg, no new game+? ... gtfo! (sarcasm) not all games have to mimic arkham city.

probably a good idea to leave a higher difficulty set aside for the replay. maybe try a different build / approach?

idk. call me crazy.

CodenameD
20th Jun 2013, 06:10

probably a good idea to leave a higher difficulty set aside for the replay. maybe try a different build / approach?

idk. call me crazy.

NG+ is possibly coming along with The Director's Cut. Rejoice!

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 09:38

NG+ has been around for years.
And no game should mimic Batman, at least nothing gameplay related.

NG+ is possibly coming along with The Director's Cut. Rejoice!

Sigh.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2013, 10:24
Kids these days are seriously completely incapable of enjoying anything based on its own merits. Unless it keeps dangling a carrot in front of them they think it's pointless, even though it's a digital carrot that they can't ever eat.

I do wish people would try not to stereotype during debate. I know plenty of 'kids' who do not fit the 'I want sweets now' label. Same as I know some 'adults' who don't fit the 'all grown-up and mature' label. :p

hybridex
27th Jun 2013, 17:25
We are all kids at heart.. grown people playing video games. You have to have a bit of kid in you..