PDA

View Full Version : General Bugs early on

Fishingman369
5th Mar 2013, 20:17
Hi,
Here's a couple of bugs/issues I've got with the game early on.

Running all the settings on the Ultimate preset (benchmark @ 45fps).

Win 7 64bit
XFX 7950 3Gb
Running all the latest AMD Drivers and latest CCC

The first two pics show a texture (I guess) bug. Early on in the game, in the narrow area just before you get to the first camp location.

jcroan_Texture-1.jpg

jovxbu_Tex-1-Angle-2.jpg

The second problem I have is with the air refusing to go near Lara's body, it just 'floats' around it. The animation and texture for the hair is great, it's just really bugging me that it has to keep itself a distance from the body where it would naturally lay

jpzrhk_Hair-Bug-1.jpg

jacvlb_Hair-Bug-2.jpg

So yeah, just a couple of things. Really hoping the hair thing gets fixed.

Got a couple of other bugs that I was too slow to get shots of, and I didnt have the forethought to be screen capping the whole time...

Out.

Fishingman369
6th Mar 2013, 20:01
1) The pony tail doesnt load when you're looking through a water fall. Well it doesnt for me. Once again failing to provide any evidence of this as the Steam overlay bugged out for me...

2) Lara's hair clips through the bow/quiver. I get that it'd be a pain in the ass to do anything about this... but I thought Id mention it anyway.

3) Anyone else get a TombRaider.txt created in your 'My Documents'?
Looks like it's just a list of what's going to need to render and what it realizes it's going to need it. Bit of system info like GPU and OS

And where does she store that camcorder... :scratch:

Raphamon
6th Mar 2013, 22:54
1) The pony tail doesnt load when you're looking through a water fall. Well it doesnt for me. Once again failing to provide any evidence of this as the Steam overlay bugged out for me...

2) Lara's hair clips through the bow/quiver. I get that it'd be a pain in the ass to do anything about this... but I thought Id mention it anyway.

3) Anyone else get a TombRaider.txt created in your 'My Documents'?
Looks like it's just a list of what's going to need to render and what it realizes it's going to need it. Bit of system info like GPU and OS

And where does she store that camcorder... :scratch:

If you hate clipping you're gonna hate this:

Stand completely still for a few minutes and Lara will eventually bring her hand up to her chest (in order to feel how fast her heart is beating I guess). Sometimes when she does this a part of her arm clips right through her breast.

Anyway, you're wondering where she stores that camcorder? I'm wondering how the hell that shotgun and/or machine gun sticks to her back like that. :scratch:

Tecstar70
6th Mar 2013, 23:04
Anyway, you're wondering where she stores that camcorder? I'm wondering how the hell that shotgun and/or machine gun sticks to her back like that. :scratch:

Velcro.

Fishingman369
9th Mar 2013, 17:28
So here are some more...
(Don't get me wrong, I love this game)

1) Where'd the hair go?
(Not a great picture, sorry. Had to make do with what I'd remembered to get)
jgrrke_2013-03-09_00001.jpg

Getting this issue WAY too much, even more so with the latest patch.
Running the hair quality with TressFX.
On the plus side, the patch does seem to have resolved the issue I mentioned in my first post about the hair being 'scared' of getting close to Lara's body.

2) Well, the picture's'll make this one clear.

Wall...
jvneky_2013-03-09_00002.jpg

... goes missing at certain camera angles.
jzodpq_2013-03-09_00003.jpg
Leaves behind an invisible wall, so you still can't get into that little area. (Not that you'd really want to anyway.)

3)
Hair doesn't know of the existence of gravity apparently.
And the clipping when climbing up the ropes is just horrible.

jorrlo_2013-03-09_00008.jpg

jswzqi_2013-03-09_00006.jpg

4)
(Pre-Patch)
More awful clipping, unfortunately. (Legs going through the ground)
This occurred at the point that the player is taught how to silently kill people by putting how bow around their neck.
During the tutorial murder, for me, Lara never actually got close to the victim. Both Lara and the victim animated correctly, just the animations were a great distance apart

jyrjwz_2013-03-06_00005.jpg

Not really noticed a whole lot with the latest patch, still running the Ultimate preset benchmarking at 45fps... Here's hoping nothing more to come

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 17:41
Welcome to the forums, Fishingman369 :)

I noticed that some of the bugs you reported have already dedicated threads here. I advice posting in the relevant threads instead of opening new ones, as the latter can make it more difficult for the devs AND for your fellow players to keep a track of them.

Fishingman369
9th Mar 2013, 23:15
I shall endeavour to put posts in the relevant threads in future :)

Being new to the forum and all I just thought I'd start a thread with bugs and issues I find so I have one place I can keep adding to.

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction

Driber
9th Mar 2013, 23:23
No prob. Completely understandable :)

Fishingman369
10th Mar 2013, 16:09
(Driber, Sorry If I've missed a thread relating to this too! I promise I had a look for a relevant one!)

The issue I had with the wall only appearing at certain angles? It's here too:

"Hooray, I can get though here!...

jurchj_2013-03-10_00013.jpg

... Oh wait"

jixzvo_2013-03-10_00014.jpg

Worth noting (I think): Even when you cant see the chainlink fence; you can still see its shadow

Seeing as I've found two of these and I'm not really on the look out, I'm wondering just how many of these glitchy walls the game has :(

Driber
10th Mar 2013, 19:26
^ Please start a new thread on that. Call it "Ghost shadows" or something. I found one, too, and it might be handy if everyone who finds a ghost shadow posts a pic about it.

If we already have a thread on it, we'll merge :)

Fishingman369
10th Mar 2013, 19:55
Sorry about getting my post location wrong again :(

I started the other thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1878255#post1878255) , as you recommended and used the name you recommended, too.

Promise I'll post the next issue, if any, in the right place next time...