PDA

View Full Version : Crashing at same place every time (PC)

Sgt Siff
5th Mar 2013, 19:35
Hi guys, I keep have a crash at roughly the same point in the game and I can't go any further:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vR8qFFIhY

I've just realised that youtube seems to be cutting the last couple of seconds off, but at around 17 seconds, the game just freezes. It's usually in this spot but sometimes happens at some point on the zip rope.

System specs:

Windows 8 64 bit, i7 3770k, GTX 670 (Asus 2gb, stock), 16GB RAM

Graphics driver:

I've only lowered the graphics for the video to see if it solved the problem. Up until now I've been running max settings without much issue.

MikeHawthorne
5th Mar 2013, 22:34
Hi

I was getting that, turning off vertical sync seems to solve the problem for me.
Otherwise I'm running Ultra, and now that it's not crashing I'm using nVidia 3D Vision.

I'm running
Windows 8 64 bit
GTX 680 4 GB
i7 3820
32 GB ram.

Same video driver version that you are.

The game looks fantastic.

Mike

Sgt Siff
7th Mar 2013, 19:16
Didn't work for me unfortunately. What I ended up doing to get past it was running the game on my HTPC that has HD4000 graphics (ran flawlessly) to the next checkpoint and moving back to the desktop.

I've just had another one now though. I've finished the game and after I've fast travelled to the third base it just crashes.

So annoying.

SE_Param
7th Mar 2013, 19:32
I do apologize about the problem you are experiencing. I suggest maybe using lowered graphic setting to normal and making sure that exclusive full-screen is unchecked. That maybe on of the reasons for it freezing.