PDA

View Full Version : Steam - Optional Movie Extras

DaVinci
5th Mar 2013, 17:08
Hello everyone,

how can I dowload the Tomb Raider: Optional Movie Extras

I found it in Steam and also when I start the game I can click on Download Optional Movies.

It then redirects me to steam. But there is no option for me to download.

This is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203178

Is anyone able to dowload them?

please excuse my english :o

Relight-TRHQ
5th Mar 2013, 17:15
I don't think it's available yet! On the store page in the "About the Game" section, it says "Coming Soon!"

Apparently, you can also add it to your wishlist :p

I think it's just trailers for other Square games, since that's what the Steam image says: "More Square Enix Trailers"... I'll probably check it out though, and I imagine they'll have it available sometime relatively soon :)

DaVinci
5th Mar 2013, 17:49
I think there are also movies. Check in the game the "Extras" tab and then Movies.

Also, the guy from Nixxes wrote: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1865768&postcount=66
A high res pack to give you even more than 16x the texture data? No sorry!

That's already all in the main game. To ensure we can fit on disk we do have some extra movies and trailers that we are not including on disk or with the default download, so we offer those for download for free. But they do not impact the game itself.

The last sentence is probably the most important, but you know, there is something we can't have (yet)^^ ;)

zenbyzen
5th Mar 2013, 21:14
i get it with a bug ! :) 3 videos :
ff14_EN_121130_Clean
fate_trailer
Trailer_Hitman5
but now i can't play trought the game :hmm:
i liked ff14 & hitman but the other one need moar info... ;)

Lantea
6th Mar 2013, 16:48
What hapened with the Extended movies, when I started playing at midnight launch I managed to download them (2.2gb) and the railers and the videos worked in game, then the next day when I launched it disapeared from my DLC list and no longer works with comming soon being displayed.

So what is going on with it?

NixxesSoftware
6th Mar 2013, 16:54
We are still working out some details related to this. We hope to have them available soon.

Karenich
6th Mar 2013, 20:15
Hey, everyone!

I have a problem with not being able to install Optional Movie Extras for TR.

I installed it at first when i got the game on the 5th of March and it worked but when I clicked on "Download optional Movies" from the TR menu today it redirected me back to Steam where it said that this DLC "is coming soon".

Any help would be really apreciated!

Thanks

Relight-TRHQ
6th Mar 2013, 20:39
Hi Karenich,

I merged your question into the existing thread about this in the Technical Forum.

Please see the post just above yours :)

Daz1967
16th Mar 2013, 12:38
Seems a bit silly to release a game with optional downloadable movies that are still not available almost two weeks after its release IMO. If these are trailers for upcoming Square-Enix games then it is a missed opportunity as most people will have finished the game by now and won't bother with these.

Karenich
16th Mar 2013, 12:55
I would bother actually if they show the portions of Lara's story like the two I've seen before this DLC became unavailable. I will even play through the story again to see them all. Still I will do it anyway with or without these movies but surely it's a pity we can't watch them now.

ACME
17th Mar 2013, 10:41
What hapened with the Extended movies, when I started playing at midnight launch I managed to download them (2.2gb) and the railers and the videos worked in game, then the next day when I launched it disapeared from my DLC list and no longer works with comming soon being displayed.

So what is going on with it?
Same here :mad2:

Lantea
26th Mar 2013, 14:57
We are still working out some details related to this. We hope to have them available soon.

Any progress on this its been quite a while now and still no extra movies.

Can we at least have an explanation as to why there is this delay?

Karenich
26th Mar 2013, 15:00
Yes, I would also like to know how things are going with extra movies.

mbloof
26th Mar 2013, 15:08
Still no 'optional movies' ?? Really?

Now that I've finished the game and don't really care anymore.

Rider
26th Mar 2013, 15:13
What are they about???

Karenich
26th Mar 2013, 15:16
What are they about???

They are about how Lara got to the island, her relationship with other crew members on their way to Yamatai.

Rider
26th Mar 2013, 15:24
They are about how Lara got to the island, her relationship with other crew members on their way to Yamatai.

Really?? Wow amazing, can't wait... but wait, i finished the game :p

Karenich
26th Mar 2013, 15:48
Really?? Wow amazing, can't wait... but wait, i finished the game :p

Well, maybe all videos will be watchable at once then) When Lara sat by the fire at some camp at certain points throughout the game, the video played and it was automatically saved in "Videos" at the main Menu so you could watch them whenever you like. I managed to see two such videos before they became unavailable.

Relight-TRHQ
26th Mar 2013, 15:59
LOL, no, those are part of the game, and are not part of the optional movies. You can find those two video files in the game's files, and watch them at any time if you have a .bik video player. Check out the RAD Video Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm), which are the official tools for Bink / .bik, if you don't already have them.

The optional movies are trailers for Final Fantasy 14, Hitman, the original Turning Point and Crossroads trailers, and several of the Final Hours of Tomb Raider episodes.

You aren't missing any previously unseen Tomb Raider content by not having the optional movies.

Karenich
26th Mar 2013, 16:03
LOL, no, those are part of the game, and are not part of the optional movies. You can find those two video files in the game's files, and watch them at any time if you have a .bik video player. Check out the RAD Video Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm), which are the official tools for Bink / .bik, if you don't already have them.

The optional movies are trailers for FF14 I think, Hitman, as well as the original Turning Point and Crossroads trailers, I can't remember if there was anything else offhand.

You aren't missing any Tomb Raider content by not having the optional movies.

Oh, I didn't know that, sorry If i mislead anyone. So are there just two of these videos?

Relight-TRHQ
26th Mar 2013, 16:11
Oh, I didn't know that, sorry If i mislead anyone. So are there just two of these videos?
I believe that what you are referring to are the two sequences in the game where Lara sits at a campfire and watches video footage of backstory that happens on the ship from Sam's camcorder. There are two of these sequences in the game and instead of playing live from the game engine, they are pre-rendered as video files. You can find these video files in the Steam directory for the game, and since they're part of the game, they are of course included. And yes, there are only two of these sequences, there aren't any extra ones.

The only additional videos I'm aware of are the trailers, etc. that I mentioned above.

If I understand, I guess that the issue that is occurring is that you aren't able to re-watch these movies anytime you'd like to from the game menu. I have not checked out that part of it myself, but as I mentioned, you can watch them again by just finding the files in Steam's directory.

Karenich
26th Mar 2013, 16:18
I believe that what you are referring to are the two sequences in the game where Lara watches video footage of backstory that happens on the ship from Sam's camcorder. There are two of these sequences in the game and instead of playing live from the game engine, they are pre-rendered as video files. You can find these video files in the Steam directory for the game, and since they're part of the game, they are of course included. Please correct me if this isn't what you meant :)

I guess that the issue that is occurring is that you aren't able to re-watch these movies anytime you'd like to from within the game. As I mentioned, you can watch them by just finding the files in Steam's directory.

Yeah, that's exactly what i ment) Thanks mate. I still hope they will enable this Extra movies DLC as its more comfortable to watch these movies directly from the game's menu. But anyway I appreciate your help, thanks again!

MarkoH01
26th Mar 2013, 21:57
WTF? It's been about weeks now and the optional videos are still neither selectable nor downloadable. I have completed the game to 100% and reached all SP achievements but until now I still haven't seen those videos and never been able to select them in the menu. Somebody should really fix this. I still don't get why some people already HAD access to the videos?

MarkoH01
26th Mar 2013, 22:00
So what about this?

How soon is "soon"? Maybe someone from Nixxes can engligthen us.

Karenich
27th Mar 2013, 07:15
WTF? It's been about weeks now and the optional videos are still neither selectable nor downloadable. I have completed the game to 100% and reached all SP achievements but until now I still haven't seen those videos and never been able to select them in the menu. Somebody should really fix this. I still don't get why some people already HAD access to the videos?

They were available for a couple of days after the game release, but then became unavailable labeled "Coming soon" on Steam. As it has been said you can watch these videos by selecting "Show local files" from Steam and there you'll have all the videos in one of the folders.

Lantea
27th Mar 2013, 08:07
They were available for a couple of days after the game release, but then became unavailable labeled "Coming soon" on Steam. As it has been said you can watch these videos by selecting "Show local files" from Steam and there you'll have all the videos in one of the folders.

For me they were available only for about 24 hours after release, then they changed it to comming soon, and they dissapeared from in game as well as from the DLC windows in Steam properties.
You can't watch the videos or find them in the Steam folder if you have not downloaded them during the short period they were accessible. They were about 2.2gb extra download.

Karenich
27th Mar 2013, 08:11
For me they were available only for about 24 hours after release, then they changed it to comming soon, and they dissapeared from in game as well as from the DLC windows in Steam properties.
You can't watch the videos or find them in the Steam folder if you have not downloaded them during the short period they were accessible. They were about 2.2gb extra download.

Yeah I guess that's true, cos I just managed to download them before they became unavailable. Well, let's all hope they'll fix this stuff soon.

MarkoH01
5th Apr 2013, 13:17
Still nothing. I've sent a PM to Nixxes and no response either. I'am really anoyed how they ignore that there still is a feature which even cannot be used by most of the users! I've poid full price and really want to get the FULL product for it!

Lantea
5th Apr 2013, 15:29
What makes me annoyed is that they don't even give us an explanation why its not available.
If they have a good reason then fine, but keeping quiet is not the solution.

NixxesSoftware
5th Apr 2013, 15:32
This option is related to extra optional content that is already available to you in various ways (trailers for other games, videos available on www.tombraider.com, etc.). Unfortunately there are some problems we are trying to resolve to make this content available to you in the game as we intended.

In the mean while everything is available on www.tombraider.com though.

Lantea
5th Apr 2013, 21:35
Thanks for the update, if possible could you elaborate on "some problems" if possible? Is it technical issues or rather legal/bureaucratic ones?
If you can't thats ok, but would be nice to know what is causing such a long delay, even if its just for a minor (less-important) game feature.

Konoq
5th Apr 2013, 22:20
This option is related to extra optional content that is already available to you in various ways (trailers for other games, videos available on www.tombraider.com, etc.). Unfortunately there are some problems we are trying to resolve to make this content available to you in the game as we intended.

In the mean while everything is available on www.tombraider.com though.

Just curious, why not just remove the option? Especially it is online already. Though, it'll be really kool if we can get real HD of the in game cutscenes through that option. Or behind the scene, making of, etc...

NewUser22
10th Apr 2013, 10:42
News about the release of Tomb Raider: Optional Movie Extras? :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203178/

shaun bragg
10th Apr 2013, 13:05
did you not want to mention you need the game on steam in order to see what this is about?

Weemanply109
10th Apr 2013, 18:42
What issues are holding them back with this?