PDA

View Full Version : invert camera controls

Ippy
5th Mar 2013, 11:59
Why is there only an option to invert the Y-axis of the camera in the PC version of the game? I personally tend to play with both axes inverted from what consoles consider 'normal' as it's in line with camera movement relative to the character in 3D space (basically what's 'most' intuitive). The current default camera setup is appropriate to a FPS, but not a third person game.

Ippy
5th Mar 2013, 14:57
Problem solved, I used the free software - Xbox controller emulator - to invert both axes, it's a simple 5 minute job to set up and I can post directions if anyone is interested.

Dartmouth47
5th Mar 2013, 15:37
sounds interesting

can it be set up like what i said this this post?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134019

apparently I had a rarer controlling preference :)

Ippy
5th Mar 2013, 16:49
Sadly no joy, after playing for 20 minutes I got to the point where I picked a bow up, and the emulation software won't deal with the triggers having shared axes, and there's no rumble support either. Back to square one.

All the settings for the game are stored in registry entries, after testing a great many at random I can invert movement easily, but I just can't find the entries that control camera motion. Perhaps someone will have better luck than me.

Dartmouth47
5th Mar 2013, 18:42
thanks, what I have had in mind is to disable the invert camera control when the aiming button is pressed, but I guess that will need some advanced programming which I know nothing of : (

fingers cross that my thread will be seen and replied by anyone from the TR team

zullului
6th Mar 2013, 14:30
There are already requests for this in the feature requests thread; the both of you should chime in also. Maybe it helps.