PDA

View Full Version : Direct3D could not be initialized with the current settings

CKing
5th Mar 2013, 11:56
Hi,

today i have installed Tomb Raider (2013) and wanted to start it,
but i can't because the following error occurs on start up: 'Direct3D could not be initialized with the current settings'.

I have tested all gfx quality types, no one works.

Then I have installed the latest version of DirectX 9.0c: 9.29.1974 (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=35)

And the latest Driver of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670: 314.07 WHQL (http://www.nvidia.de/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.07-whql-driver-de.html)

Nothing helps until now!

Here a screensgot of dxdiag x64:
ppsiio_Dxdiag_x64.png

Rider
5th Mar 2013, 12:07
Uncheck Exclusive Fullscreen!

Avek
5th Mar 2013, 12:07
Same problem with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 which runs Farcry 3 like a charm...

pqpvcy_TR.png

Avek
5th Mar 2013, 12:09
Uncheck Exclusive Fullscreen!

OMG! It Works!

Thanks !

:thumb::)

Blake.Perkins
5th Mar 2013, 12:40
This does not work for everyone, alot of people actually cannot open that settings menu, and I have confirmed that it does nothing, made a custom ini file ran the benchmark from the command line and same issue.
Heck I have had to submit a tech request to them (you know the tech support link when you launch it)

dnm
5th Mar 2013, 19:31
This does not work for everyone, alot of people actually cannot open that settings menu, and I have confirmed that it does nothing, made a custom ini file ran the benchmark from the command line and same issue.
Heck I have had to submit a tech request to them (you know the tech support link when you launch it)
I can verify that I cannot go into the Options/Settings as that crashes...

Corazonan
5th Mar 2013, 19:53
I had the same problem, could not even get into the settings menu to make any changes. Finally, a small brainwave: disabled the integrated Intel 3000 graphics in Device Manager - leaving my GTX 560 Ti as sole GPU - and everything works fine now!

Split Light
5th Mar 2013, 20:39
I had the same problem, but unchecking exclusive full screen did the trick.

dnm
5th Mar 2013, 20:45
I had the same problem, could not even get into the settings menu to make any changes. Finally, a small brainwave: disabled the integrated Intel 3000 graphics in Device Manager - leaving my GTX 560 Ti as sole GPU - and everything works fine now!
Ok, I had a little different situation, but your idea worked for me too. I have two Nvidia cards. Not a SLI setup, but my new card for graphics and the old one for PhysX. I disabled the older Nvidia GTX card under Display Adapters and used only the new card for both graphics and PhysX. I still had to go into options and disable Exclusive Full Screen, however now I can at least go into options and do that.

Also note after I disabled Exclusive Full Screen, I can enable the second Nvidia card again, and at least start the game.

I have yet to actually play the game. My tests so far is running the benchmark...

sibilator
6th Mar 2013, 15:42
Hello guys,

I haver the same problem. I cannot go into the settings, because the game crashes there and Direct3D can't be initialised.

I have an Intel HD4000 graphics which automatically switches to my Geforce 660M ingame.
So if I deactivate my HD4000 it still says that I don't use a monitor which is connected to a Nvidia GPU...

And the game doesn't even give me the Start-Screen if I deactivate the HD4000...

Does anybody know something?
Maybe Win8 is the problem? I don't know....

Greetings