PDA

View Full Version : Free-Falling Game Breaking Glitch after camp 3

danielsig727
5th Mar 2013, 07:15
This is just annoying and keeps me from continuing the game...
It's after the cut scene after Lara use the upgraded axe to open the door after camp 3
z7MD8xdMIfA

I've tried reload the last checkpoint and restart the game. None works :(

PC version, Win7 x64, NV GT640M LE, Core i7-3520M

MeaganMarie
5th Mar 2013, 08:07
Hey Daniel - thanks for the video and details. I'm escalating this to our team now!

Tecstar70
5th Mar 2013, 10:17
Just FYI, I didnt get this on Xbox.

Borgscan
5th Mar 2013, 10:55
I have the same problem but in the area Base Approach. It's where Lara crosses the rope to the lower level.

Somehow I managed to fall from the rope (my doing, not the game) and reloading has the death animation, I can't continue the game.

jxkwlj_2013-03-05_00002.jpg

ShadoWolf
5th Mar 2013, 13:45
I have same problem. But this comes after you escape from the burning building and slide down on the rope. This is right after 4th camp. And I can't continue the game at this point.

jxfxfw_2013-03-05_00001.jpg

jhmygu_2013-03-05_00002.jpg

empertet
5th Mar 2013, 17:21
Hi, I'm having a free-fall issue too, It's a bit further on from OP's issue. It's the part where Lara learns her new "Stealth kill" and to break oil lanterns: as I stealth the first two guards I'm supposed to wall scramble up to the next level, however when she climbs up she immediately drops through the floor, smashes her face against a rock and meets an untimely and chronologically paradoxical end.
Will there be a patch soon or another way up? If not for a little while I guess I'll just take it as a sign to start my Let's Play without a pre-play first. XD

Also, I really like this game. I've never been good with Lara Croft titles however the interactive movie feel combined with the user friendly combat made this game very playable so far.

Thanks for any response!
Emmy

L.O.R.D
5th Mar 2013, 17:35
this happen to me also
you need to restart the game from the beginning, that sad

pmkr0
5th Mar 2013, 18:26
i am getting the same error Shadow Wolf is having. After descending the rope i end up here and there is no way to cross. It really sucks to have to restart all over again, i hope there is another fix. http://imageshack.us/f/822/2013030500052.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/822/2013030500052.jpg/

danielsig727
5th Mar 2013, 19:06
This is so sad...
tbh I really love this game
I think I'll wait for the fix anyway or I might waste much time restarting from beginning if it happens again :/

L.O.R.D
5th Mar 2013, 19:18
This is so sad...
tbh I really love this game
I think I'll wait for the fix anyway or I might waste much time restarting from beginning if it happens again :/

just restart the game like me
it took me 20 min to get to this area

danielsig727
5th Mar 2013, 20:18
just restart the game like me
it took me 20 min to get to this area

I know :)

I'm just afraid that it might happen again elsewhere then I'll have to start over again...
So I prefer to wait for them to fix it once and for all.

Tecstar70
5th Mar 2013, 20:19
Everyone...see here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133986

Odonata
5th Mar 2013, 22:33
Experiencing same glitch as the op on the PS3.

danielsig727
5th Mar 2013, 22:37
Oh I forgot to mention another detail. Don't know if it matters.
That is, I'd already collected enough gears and upgraded the axe *before* the mission "collect salvage to upgrade the axe" comes up.
So I just went directly to open the door without completing the task (I can't because I've already collected all salvages in the area)

ZiggyStardust85
5th Mar 2013, 23:28
I have also a quite annoying bug (in the research base after ten hours):

TXFZC-q64og

skypig1
6th Mar 2013, 00:54
It's after the cut scene after Lara use the upgraded axe to open the door after camp 3
z7MD8xdMIfA

PC version, NV GT640M LE, Core i7-3520M

I am having the same exact problem as soon as I go thru the door the graphics are all messed up and I just fall!!!!

SE_Param
6th Mar 2013, 01:06
Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

Hhiilluuhhrree
6th Mar 2013, 06:07
What a sad sad day...I was so stoked for this game, and 20 mintures-into it, it glitches, then I read all the threads, so disappointed, really didn't want to start over :(

danielsig727
6th Mar 2013, 07:53
Hi, I'm having a free-fall issue too, It's a bit further on from OP's issue. It's the part where Lara learns her new "Stealth kill" and to break oil lanterns: as I stealth the first two guards I'm supposed to wall scramble up to the next level, however when she climbs up she immediately drops through the floor, smashes her face against a rock and meets an untimely and chronologically paradoxical end.
Will there be a patch soon or another way up? If not for a little while I guess I'll just take it as a sign to start my Let's Play without a pre-play first. XD

Also, I really like this game. I've never been good with Lara Croft titles however the interactive movie feel combined with the user friendly combat made this game very playable so far.

Thanks for any response!
Emmy

I've just encountered this one too :P
638Y5nLl8x0
Seems like it happens by chance or Lara stands on a certain point.
Try jumping from a different place and quickly move away from where she climbs up can avoid this glitch in a certain success rate

ekwad0r16
7th Mar 2013, 09:20
Look this and pls fix, i can't continue my story :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KluXN6aYFC0

MeaganMarie
8th Mar 2013, 04:30
Hey guys! Just popping in to let you know that we're looking into this, and that I'm genuinely sorry that it is keeping you from playing the game.

Zerafut
8th Mar 2013, 17:37
Daniel, I experienced the same bug as you, except I couldn't fall through the floor, there was just no texture at all.
I think the glitch comes from the fact tht I upgraded my weapon immediatly after obtaining it, before the game asked me to do it. What I did was, after Lara says she cannot turn the crank I went to the camp and went to the upgrading menu of the weapon, it then triggered something in the game cause Lara said to the dude she was ready to pull the crank. I then opened the gate and it was ok.

Hope this helps. If not try reloading your game to a previous save, upgrade the weapon as soon as you get it to trigger the bug and try to fix it with what I said.

My turn to ask for help, I'm encountering the falling bug when you jump on the ledge. I really need help on this one, I tried to load several times and to climb on every inch of the platform, but to no avail.

mezzoBOSS
8th Mar 2013, 20:54
Same glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOeLWzYvFFk&feature=youtu.be I'm 16 hours in and I re-spawn here and that is the only exit and I fall when I try to leave.

EDIT: Turns out I'm an idiot and the exit was the opposite direction, I left the cave and came back in and it re-rendered the ground finally after getting out of sight of it and walking back in.

Zerafut
8th Mar 2013, 21:56
I've found a way to counter the ledge falling glitch. As soon as you climb up, spam the jumping button as many time as you can, with a little bit of luck she will jump away from the glitch. You will be spotted by the ennemies, but on soli ground. So be ready to fight.

I don't know if there's a success rate on this one cause it worked immediatly for me an I didn't want to go back and try it again only to be stuck again :p.

A friend of mine told me that it may also have to do with the nvidia graphic card. Radeon apparently encounter none of these problems. Try going in the settings : options: advanced: and remove tressfix. (Sorry if the terms don't match I'm french). Just a FYI I didn't test it yet, I don't want to mess everything up.

Obrum
9th Mar 2013, 14:12
I just want to mention that I'm getting the same issue, just after you zipline out of the building in the mountain temple area, at the top of the steps there is just grey and it's stopping me progressing entirely (same issue as ShadoWolf). Trying to get past it just results in endless falling off the map (and yes, using nVidia).

Just trying reinstalling the game to see if it fixes anything.

Weemanply109
9th Mar 2013, 14:21
If you're playing on the PC, maybe you need to right click the game title on your Steam Library and "Verify integrity of game Cache" and see if that works.

Obrum
9th Mar 2013, 14:23
If you're playing on the PC, maybe you need to right click the game title on your Steam Library and "Verify integrity of game Cache" and see if that works.

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried but it did nothing, unfortunately.

EDIT - Just reinstalled and tried again, same problem. I think I'll try starting a new game and getting back to this point, seeing if the issue still occurs or if it's specific to this one save file.

EDIT 2 - Started a new game and got back to the point, the glitch isn't appearing anymore! So yay! Not a great workaround, since you have to do everything again, but at least I can continue playing now :)

LD115
10th Mar 2013, 00:53
I got this glitch and when I came to it I figured a) it will load when I step on it like in some games with similar glitches, or b) it's just a texture glitch and the ground is gone so going to the campfire to save and reload sounds like a plan.

Wrong. What instead happens is that you fall through the ground and die, but you hit the save point for that campfire and all you can do is perpetually die every time the game loads at that campfire. You die, reload, fall in to nothingness and die. Rinse and repeat. no matter what, short of restarting the game, you're stuck there.

I don't want to do that though. Because, you know what really sucks? Having a 99% complete overall and you just beat the final boss. All you need to 100% the game is to find literally one more challenge item. That is the position I'm in right now and I'm not really feeling the motivation to play another 12-14 hours with the thought of it possibly happening again.

The_rAIdEn
13th Mar 2013, 22:37
Hey guys I registered cause I read your problems and I found the solution :)

At least for the bug after camp 3.
the free fall glitch appears when you upgraded your pry axe BEFORE the task appears. So to fix this bug you simply go to a camp and scroll through your gear no matter if you upgraded it before or not. when you're done the doctor says okay lara whenever you are ready or something like that and the freefall thing is gone ;)

hope it works for you 2

greasygantt
14th Mar 2013, 08:48
z7MD8xdMIfA

PC version, Win7 x64, NV GT640M LE, Core i7-3520M

This is bull ****, i was really just starting to get into the game and THIS happens ??!?! So is there a patch for this or not ? Because i really don't feel like going through the beginning again and collecting all the collectibles .. Sad i will NOT be referring this game to anyone.

foxhana
14th Mar 2013, 16:27
Daniel, I experienced the same bug as you, except I couldn't fall through the floor, there was just no texture at all.
I think the glitch comes from the fact tht I upgraded my weapon immediatly after obtaining it, before the game asked me to do it. What I did was, after Lara says she cannot turn the crank I went to the camp and went to the upgrading menu of the weapon, it then triggered something in the game cause Lara said to the dude she was ready to pull the crank. I then opened the gate and it was ok.

Hope this helps. If not try reloading your game to a previous save, upgrade the weapon as soon as you get it to trigger the bug and try to fix it with what I said.

My turn to ask for help, I'm encountering the falling bug when you jump on the ledge. I really need help on this one, I tried to load several times and to climb on every inch of the platform, but to no avail.

I see there are several solutions for this free falling glitch during cranking from this thread.

However I had something extra other than just loading the axe screen in the campfire.

What I did was to follow the above, talk to Dr. Whitman first before doing anything. When you can't talk to him anymore, go to my camp nearby and click/press enter on the axe screen as if I was upgrading it. then go back to cranking(Dr. Whitman is still checking on the door, NOT at the crank). After opening the door, I still see the missing graphics (after cranking)which leads to the free fall. That is, if you jump into the emptiness. However I didn't jump, after I went pass the door and after the scene, I didn't walk forward to freefall. I simply reloaded my save/check point. Straight after I reloaded the checkpoint, Dr. Whitman mentions to crank open the door with lara and he proceeded to station himself beside one of the crank.

So just let Lara crank open the other one and continue playing. All is normal after that. (just after that, I haven't completed the game yet :) ) However if Dr. Whitman didn't say anything or station himself beside the crank, try talking to him to trigger that.

I hope this helps as one of the solution to the glitch. :)

pock3tmonster
19th Mar 2013, 06:33
I've been linked to this forum from neogaf. I am experiencing the same glitch in some part, but my save file has been rendered completely useless. I am running the PS3 version, patched with the latest update as of the 16/03. I was at 98% completion, only returning to areas to complete optional objectives for that final 2%. In exploring the Cliffbunker, I fell through the ground and died. Literally, the ground disappeared and I fell just the same as seen in the video. I didn't think much of it at the time, recognizing it as a graphical glitch and allowed the game to reload. This is where the problem lies. The game appears to have autosaved at the exact moment of falling. This is now the checkpoint that the game loads from. It's currently in a loop. I fall immediately and die, the game reloads the last checkpoint and I'm already falling, rinse and repeat.

I'm am severely disappointed in this happening. I was at 98% completion. Unfortunately, as a Uni student struggling to find time between study and work, it's simply too much to start over. If that's the case, I'll be utterly crushed. I've never encountered such a game breaking glitch in a Tomb Raider game before and I've played them all. I was so excited for this game and it was such a fantastic experience until this happened. Now I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Is there a solution?

Tecstar70
19th Mar 2013, 08:55
I've been linked to this forum from neogaf. I am experiencing the same glitch in some part, but my save file has been rendered completely useless. I am running the PS3 version, patched with the latest update as of the 16/03. I was at 98% completion, only returning to areas to complete optional objectives for that final 2%. In exploring the Cliffbunker, I fell through the ground and died. Literally, the ground disappeared and I fell just the same as seen in the video. I didn't think much of it at the time, recognizing it as a graphical glitch and allowed the game to reload. This is where the problem lies. The game appears to have autosaved at the exact moment of falling. This is now the checkpoint that the game loads from. It's currently in a loop. I fall immediately and die, the game reloads the last checkpoint and I'm already falling, rinse and repeat.

I'm am severely disappointed in this happening. I was at 98% completion. Unfortunately, as a Uni student struggling to find time between study and work, it's simply too much to start over. If that's the case, I'll be utterly crushed. I've never encountered such a game breaking glitch in a Tomb Raider game before and I've played them all. I was so excited for this game and it was such a fantastic experience until this happened. Now I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Is there a solution?

Unfortunately the only solution is to reload another save game or start again. Did you use the other save slots during your play through?you might be abe o get a save game file from someone else.

spacedog
19th Mar 2013, 11:51
Hey guys! Just popping in to let you know that we're looking into this, and that I'm genuinely sorry that it is keeping you from playing the game.

Hello

Still no update for this? That's almost 2 weeks now. Don't really fancy having to start again and I'd rather use my own save game.

MeaganMarie
20th Mar 2013, 03:02
For those of you who experienced this issue right after the gate with Whitman, can you confirm that TU #2 addressed the problem?

spacedog
20th Mar 2013, 09:41
I am playing on PC (version 722.3) and the issue is still present. However the actions that "broke" the save (upgrading the pick before explicitly told to) were carried out just before release, so I'm assuming the fix won't retrospectively fix these?

Also, after trying to sort this out yesterday, the gate is now already open in both of my save slots so I imagine I'll just have to download a new save and redo the rest. :(

spacedog
20th Mar 2013, 10:02
I am playing on PC (version 722.3) and the issue is still present. However the actions that "broke" the save (upgrading the pick before explicitly told to) were carried out just before release, so I'm assuming the fix won't retrospectively fix these?

Also, after trying to sort this out yesterday, the gate is now already open in both of my save slots so I imagine I'll just have to download a new save and redo the rest. :(

Unfortunately all the saved games seem to be incompatible, so back to the beginning. :(

EDIT: Never mind, got the saved game from the archive working.

rojoe
20th Mar 2013, 18:31
@ShadoWolf - What happens when you reset to last checkpoint?

ShadoWolf
21st Mar 2013, 11:14
@ShadoWolf - What happens when you reset to last checkpoint?

I'm still stuck. I tried to load my game and travel between of the camps with fast travel. Still the same glitch. Latest patch didn't change anything either. And I really don't wanna start a new game 'cause I collected everything and did everything from start to my current location.

znypar
22nd Mar 2013, 02:17
I have the same glitch as originally posted. I did not upgrade the axe before being told to, but still have the same issue. I realize that I could simply start over, but this is very worrisome after happening at the beginning of the game. I will be following recommendations to switch save game slots periodically in order to help prevent this.

The_rAIdEn
22nd Mar 2013, 10:31
Wow people I can'T help you...
I told you how to fix the glitch and yet you keep on asking and asking...
why don't you just read trough the older posts instead of asking the same questions over and over again

Tecstar70
22nd Mar 2013, 11:15
why don't you just read trough the older posts instead of asking the same questions over and over again

Hi all - have you tried this?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1881711&postcount=29

ShadoWolf
22nd Mar 2013, 13:18

Well. It didn't work for me. I tried few times. Nothing helps at the moment. So now I just wait that patch will fix it

Nicaraguall
22nd Mar 2013, 16:34
Doesn't work for me either. Here is proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHSKiKgiQ0

Is there only way to fix this by starting a new game??

egneveR
22nd Mar 2013, 17:29
I have same problem. But this comes after you escape from the burning building and slide down on the rope. This is right after 4th camp. And I can't continue the game at this point.

I have this same problem on the PS3. I've tried deleting the game data and reinstalling, loading the previous checkpoint, and restarting the game all to no avail. When is a patch coming?

znypar
22nd Mar 2013, 17:42

No, that worked for you, but is speculation and isn't working for others. Thanks for the effort though

jamierorison
28th Mar 2013, 17:15
Hi guys. Registered after finding this thread.

I have not been having free-falling problems, because I haven't had the chance to get that far! I bought the game yesterday for Xbox360 and have had problems since the start. I thought it might have been my game until I found this thread.

Basically I first encountered a problem very early in, just after you find the first ever camp and are told to 'investigate the bunker' in the coastal forrest. I run to the bunker and drop down the trapdoor, find my way through to the room at the back and take the mask but there's nowhere to go?... there are flames but nothing to light them with. So I start watching a walkthrough on youtube after an hour or two of being stuck. Turns out when lara enters the bunker a short cutscene should be promted where she picks up a stake to light a flame. This doesn't happen on my game at all. I can run through the bunker no cut scene, so lara can't pick up the stake and the puzzle requires it to solve.

Anyway I started a new game realising it was the games fault. Everything is great but this time, I can't even get this far - I get UP TO the first ever camp and guess what? no cut scene prompted so I can't even pass the 'find cover from the storm' mission. this is BULL****. I'm so pissed off because these issues should be ironed out before the game is even released. I feel awful for the guys here who are much farther than I am. Any help or advice would be great!

Tecstar70
28th Mar 2013, 17:34
Hi guys. Registered after finding this thread.

I have not been having free-falling problems, because I haven't had the chance to get that far! I bought the game yesterday for Xbox360 and have had problems since the start. I thought it might have been my game until I found this thread.

Basically I first encountered a problem very early in, just after you find the first ever camp and are told to 'investigate the bunker' in the coastal forrest. I run to the bunker and drop down the trapdoor, find my way through to the room at the back and take the mask but there's nowhere to go?... there are flames but nothing to light them with. So I start watching a walkthrough on youtube after an hour or two of being stuck. Turns out when lara enters the bunker a short cutscene should be promted where she picks up a stake to light a flame. This doesn't happen on my game at all. I can run through the bunker no cut scene, so lara can't pick up the stake and the puzzle requires it to solve.

Anyway I started a new game realising it was the games fault. Everything is great but this time, I can't even get this far - I get UP TO the first ever camp and guess what? no cut scene prompted so I can't even pass the 'find cover from the storm' mission. this is BULL****. I'm so pissed off because these issues should be ironed out before the game is even released. I feel awful for the guys here who are much farther than I am. Any help or advice would be great!

Hi, firstly when this isn't an issue that seems to have been widely reported so its possible it may be specific to your system. Have you done all the usual XBox stuff - cleared the cache, installed to hard drive etc.

jamierorison
28th Mar 2013, 18:14
Cleared the caché and this seems to have worked. Loaded game from previous checkpoint and got past both the previous missions mentioned before. Will update this thread if I encounter more.

out of interest - what does clearing the caché do exactly? I read up that it deletes downloaded game updates... but TR didn't have one so not sure how this has resolved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Northern Geek
28th Mar 2013, 19:37
I'm playing the PS3 version & encountered a similar 'Falling Bug' during the 'Cry for Help' questline in the 'Base Approach' zone.

I had finished off all the Solarii in the 'Bunker' & found all the collectables, but before moving on to the next area, I thought I would go back to the base camp at the start of the zone & force a checkpoint.

When I was on my way back to the bunker, the 'Salvage Symbol' lit up as I passed a corpse, so I tried to access it & Lara froze. I could still access the select menu & even change weapons, but Lara would not physically move. After exhausting all attempts at movement, I tried to reload the last checkpoint expecting to find myself back at the base camp. Instead, Lara appeared to materialise at the point where she had been frozen but somehow underneath the map & then fell into the clouds forever as I watched the ground get further & further away.

I have tried quitting the game, forcing a reinstall of the latest patch by deleting the 'Save Data', but nothing works & I am now completely unable to continue.

Surely this sort of thing should have been picked up in the beta testing, there was beta testing wasn't there?

Is the game really so riddled with bugs that I might as well give up now & wait a month for the stability patches? :mad2:

esdeef
4th Apr 2013, 18:44
Platform: PS3

I am experiencing the same free-falling problem as ShadoWolf. I stucked at a Mountain Temple level and I am unable to continue the game. This is so annoying. I've bought digital copy from Playstation Store during last Egg Hunt action and now I am dissapointed.

vy2S0O2JlhA

cleggworth
9th Apr 2013, 10:35
I've also encountered this glitch after camp 3 on the ps3 (i too took advantage of the egg hunt deal). I upgraded the axe when prompted and not before. tried reloading previous checkpoints and the same thing. open the door nothing is rendered and i fall through the floor after a few steps. sometimes immeadiately

granted i can start a new game and be back there within 20mins as its near the beginning but looking through the forums game breaking glitches appear common and i can't see myself wanting to restart after a gltch 10-15 hours into the game only for it to do it again

I just want to play!

Tecstar70
9th Apr 2013, 12:49
I've also encountered this glitch after camp 3 on the ps3 (i too took advantage of the egg hunt deal). I upgraded the axe when prompted and not before. tried reloading previous checkpoints and the same thing. open the door nothing is rendered and i fall through the floor after a few steps. sometimes immeadiately

granted i can start a new game and be back there within 20mins as its near the beginning but looking through the forums game breaking glitches appear common and i can't see myself wanting to restart after a gltch 10-15 hours into the game only for it to do it again

I just want to play!

A lot of issues have been resolved. There is a new update for the 360 today as well, so I imagine if there isn't one for the PS3 it is imminent. Also bear in mind a lot of people are NOT having the issues. I had no problems on my game on teh 360 and I am on my second now, with no issues so far.

delipops
23rd Apr 2013, 06:03

We have this problem as well on PS3 and we have tried the whole uninstall re-install thing and unfortunately it didn't work have just done a re start so hopefully that has fixed it!! :mad2:

ShadoWolf
7th May 2013, 22:15
Any possible news of the repair patch ?
Still waiting for some news :/ *sigh* Patch didn't help me.

Or Nvidia 320.00 Beta drivers. So I still can't play at all.
And I don't wanna start a new game 'cause this problem might just come to me again.

Okay. All fixed now. Just needed to start a new game.
There was no problems anymore.