PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED IN TU#2] Gamebreaking bug in the research laboratory / elevator doesn't work

ZiggyStardust85
3rd Mar 2013, 17:28
After about 10 hours of playing you enter a level called "research base". There is an elevator with four gears, I removed three of them. To reach a wall, I jumped between the third and fourth floor out of the elevator and died.

The problem: The elevator is now always a step too low. If I'm in the lowest floor like in the video I walk on an invisible surface and die when I jump. I don't get the elevator higher than up to the third floor, therefore I cannot solve the riddle.

I have made a video of it, sorry for the bad quality:
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXFZC-q64og&feature=youtu.be]

Day 1 Patch was installed.

sevendream
4th Mar 2013, 20:49
I've got exactly the same problem. I'm on xbox360. Thats really annoying. If someone find a soluce... I've been trying everythings for the past 5 hours.:mad2:

ZiggyStardust85
4th Mar 2013, 22:55
Sorry about that, but I'm glad that I'm not the only person with the problem. I think this riddle is absolutely broken in my savegame and there should be a possibility to jump to the next checkpoint via a shortcut (like f.e. press Start and then all four shoulder buttons).

I had no bug while I played TR: Legend, but I heard that TR: Underwold had some bugs. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems to me that it was inexcusable to release a PS2 game with serious bugs but now there's alway the possibility for a patch. Crysis 3 and some other actual games (MoH: Warfighter, AC III) also had some bugs.

Tomb Raider was in development for about four years and is very linear, so there should have been enough time for QA. It is much easier to eliminate bugs in such a game than in games like Skyrim, that every gamer plays differently.

I still think that Crystal Dynamics is a capable developer and I think that Tomb Raider is a great game, although there were sometimes too many enemies and too much shooting. It's better than Uncharted 3, but worse than Uncharted 2 in my opinion.

rojoe
5th Mar 2013, 02:23
Start -> Reload Checkpoint

what happens?

ZiggyStardust85
5th Mar 2013, 13:36
Start -> Reload Checkpoint

what happens?

Nothing, because the progress in the riddle has already been saved. It also rememebers the position of the elevator if you fast travel to another camp fire and then return.

SE_LaTanya
6th Mar 2013, 22:38
I would like for you to read the following thread. Please let me know if the issue in the thread I provided for you is similar to issue you are currently experiencing.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133942

burhanb
8th Mar 2013, 17:41
Same problem here.:mad:
Thanks to CD to do so much to fix the bug!:ironic:

There's nothing to do but wait, wait, wait!:mad2:

Cyrano
10th Mar 2013, 22:27
Same problem here. I'm not looking forward to having to restart the game! I'll just sell it back and buy something else. Way to go, guys.

ZiggyStardust85
11th Mar 2013, 00:39
Is there really no possibility to reach the next checkpoint? Any idea how I can finish the game?

BR4DDERS1986
11th Mar 2013, 01:08
Is there really no possibility to reach the next checkpoint? Any idea how I can finish the game?

I have a save game at the start of the research base, I can upload it if you like?

Edit: Nvm its for PC

TombRaider45
12th Mar 2013, 11:11
Found this topic.... I'm not alone.
Tried everything but nothing to do.
Someone found an issue ?

Nanabijou
13th Mar 2013, 01:27
Sir, I'm in the research base and have run into a glitch. at the elevator I cannot disengage one of the last cogs on the elevator platform. The best way I can describe it is the elevator will not go to level 4. when you hit the level 2 button the elevator goes to level 1, level 3 goes to level 2, level 4 button makes it go to level 3. I'm 10 hours into this game and there is no way I'm starting at the beginning, it will end my marriage : > ) ...

But seriously please fix this or refund the game...

Hope you will help.

PacificGuy
13th Mar 2013, 05:12
I've spend the last two hours stuck in this spot. I got the first cog but the elevator is on the lower floors and there is some sort of gate/fence laying on top of it keeping it for going to the upper floors. So I can't raise it to access the other cogs. I am on an XBox. :mad2:

Dragonbillz
13th Mar 2013, 05:31
Sorry it took me so long. I found that if you got this bug you are actually able to skip going up to the top of the elevator shaft. Simply leave the elevator on the fourth floor after you call it and go find the closest point you can get to the final cog. It should be under a staircase. Turn and face the cog on the staircase. You should notice the familiar X button. Tap the X button to sink into the staircase and remove the final cog. The elevator will fall and remember not to jump onto the first floor quickly or you will die, take it slowly. Bug solved and enjoy the rest of the game.

Cyrano
13th Mar 2013, 08:02
Sorry it took me so long. I found that if you got this bug you are actually able to skip going up to the top of the elevator shaft. Simply leave the elevator on the fourth floor after you call it and go find the closest point you can get to the final cog. It should be under a staircase. Turn and face the cog on the staircase. You should notice the familiar X button. Tap the X button to sink into the staircase and remove the final cog. The elevator will fall and remember not to jump onto the first floor quickly or you will die, take it slowly. Bug solved and enjoy the rest of the game.

The whole point of the bug is that you can't get the elevator to the fourth floor.

I started the whole game over and played through until the end.

Dragonbillz
13th Mar 2013, 12:16
You need to hit the button and call the elevator to the fourth floor. Although the elevator is in between the third and fourth floor you need to go to the cog and stand just abouve it. Then turn and notice you can then hit X to remove the cog. You will be standing on a staircase that seems like you do not have the ability to access the cog, but you will be able to. You will pass through the stairs remove the cog and then levitate like Chris Angel back on the staircase. I was wandering around this level for more than 2 hours and then figuered this out.:confused::confused:

Driber
13th Mar 2013, 12:23
Thread cleaned. Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=133428#housekeeping). Thanks.

PacificGuy
13th Mar 2013, 12:32
You need to hit the button and call the elevator to the fourth floor. Although the elevator is in between the third and fourth floor you need to go to the cog and stand just abouve it. Then turn and notice you can then hit X to remove the cog. You will be standing on a staircase that seems like you do not have the ability to access the cog, but you will be able to. You will pass through the stairs remove the cog and then levitate like Chris Angel back on the staircase. I was wandering around this level for more than 2 hours and then figuered this out.:confused::confused:

My problem is, the elevator will not go above floor 2. It is stuck, even if I use the fourth floor button.

Nanabijou
13th Mar 2013, 13:18
Eidos, can you please tell us what is being done about this? should I just return the game or are you working on a solution. Please let us know, I really love the game so far but can't keep a game that does not work.

Tecstar70
13th Mar 2013, 14:22
Eidos, can you please tell us what is being done about this? should I just return the game or are you working on a solution. Please let us know, I really love the game so far but can't keep a game that does not work.

Eidos won't help you! Only being funny - its Crystal Dynamics who are the devs for the SP. They are monitoring this board and all queries are being flagged to them. They have already posted in this thread and all indications are that they are working to investigate, identify and provide fixes for all bugs and glitches reported to them. Console updates will take longer than PC because of the submission process to MS/Sony - not the developers fault. Its tough I know, but patience is a virtue. :thumb:

Driber
13th Mar 2013, 14:34

Yes, the devs are working on fixing all game stopping bugs!

Eidos won't help you!

http://driber.net/os/oh-you.jpg

:p

its Crystal Dynamics who are the devs for the SP

CD = Eidos = Square Enix. I think you're confused with Eidos Montreal, different thing ;)

Tecstar70
13th Mar 2013, 15:14
Yes, the devs are working on fixing all game stopping bugs!

http://driber.net/os/oh-you.jpg

:p

CD = Eidos = Square Enix. I think you're confused with Eidos Montreal, different thing ;)

I know, just being pedantic... :rasp:

Dragonbillz
13th Mar 2013, 16:32
If you are having this issue I need to know if you are having the same problem I was?? You hit the elevator button on the fourth floor and the elevator rises to a point where you would need to enter the elevator and quickly jump through the window where the barricade was. Instead the elevator stops and you are stuck in the elevator. Leave the elevator there and find the cog. The cog does not line up with an opening, but go to the staircase and look at the cog. The X button will show up and you should be able to remove the cog even though it defies all logic. I did not think this was going to work or I would have recorded the solution. Find the cog stand just abouve it on the staircase and try this. It works really I was going to return my Tomb Raider because of this and gave it one last try and it worked.

Dragonbillz
13th Mar 2013, 16:36
Did my solution work for anyone?
I would like to know if this helped or if I just got lucky.

Nanabijou
13th Mar 2013, 19:01
will not work for me.. when I'm on the fourth floor and push the elevator button the elevator goes to the 3 floor. When I push the 2nd floor button the elevator goes to the basement and I can walk on an invisible level in the elevator shaft that is where the cage in the shaft use to be and the elevator in level with the basement. I can see clearly how to complete the level if the elevator would raise to the higher then the 3rd level stop (make jump, rock wall, climb around to the salvage and remove the cog)...

Dragonbillz
13th Mar 2013, 20:50
That is exactly what happened to me. Do you see the fourth cog after you push the fourth floor button? You need to stand on the staircase just above it. turn as if the cog is right in front of you and you will get the blue X button to remove the cog. Please try it and let me know. I know it looks like you can not get the cog out as there is a wall there, but pretend that there is a hole there. I think the level is broken after you remove the third cog and fall over the edge and die. The level does'nt line up properly and it thinks you are at the top of the level.
This worked for me. I had the same problem. The elevator is supposed to go to the top and the cog should be there, but it gets stuck.

PacificGuy
13th Mar 2013, 22:06
If you are having this issue I need to know if you are having the same problem I was?? You hit the elevator button on the fourth floor and the elevator rises to a point where you would need to enter the elevator and quickly jump through the window where the barricade was. Instead the elevator stops and you are stuck in the elevator. Leave the elevator there and find the cog. The cog does not line up with an opening, but go to the staircase and look at the cog. The X button will show up and you should be able to remove the cog even though it defies all logic. I did not think this was going to work or I would have recorded the solution. Find the cog stand just abouve it on the staircase and try this. It works really I was going to return my Tomb Raider because of this and gave it one last try and it worked.

No, in my case it appears to be different. When I first entered the elevator room on the 2nd floor I got the first cog, then something happened with the cage, which now is on top of the elevator. This is preventing it from going up to either the 3rd or 4th floors. If I hit the control button on the 2nd floor, the elevator goes down to the lower floor that I can not access. If I go up to one of the upper floors and hit a control button, the elevator will come back up but its stuck again at the 2nd floor with no way to access the remaining cogs. It even makes a grinding sound as its trying to push the cage out of the way so it can continue going up, but this does not happen and it eventually just stops.

If its on the 2nd floor, I can go up to the 3rd and drop down on top of it, but can not get to the cogs. Also, there sort of looks like a large bolder/rock is resting on the side railing of the damaged cage and track.

If the elevator is on the lower floor, I can walk out on to the invisible floor, but after a bit, fall to my death.

TombRaider45
14th Mar 2013, 00:09
Here is my problem and it's the same problem for almost of people I think.

When you push on 2F button, the elevator goes to 1F and it is not normal.
Then when you push on 3F button, it stops just before 2F.
And when you push on 4F button, it stops between 2F and 3F.

Then we can not access to the gears, can not access to the climbing wall neither.

In video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y17ZCmapN_s

(sorry for French)

MeaganMarie
14th Mar 2013, 01:32
Hey guys! Just got confirmation from the team that this will be fixed in the next title update. I'll have more information on the time frame (which is soon) tomorrow! :D

PacificGuy
14th Mar 2013, 05:39
TombRadier45,

yes this is the same problem that I have. I hope their team will get it fixed in the update.

TombRaider45
14th Mar 2013, 06:25
Thank you Meagan. This is a great news ! :)
I hope that is not necessary to restart a new game...

redsun333
14th Mar 2013, 19:09
i have problem after solving the elevator puzzle. I die when i go from floor 2 to floor 1.

SE_LaTanya
14th Mar 2013, 20:41
For PS3 players their is a patch that is going to be released tomorrow that will be addressing this issue.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135276

Eagleheart27
17th Mar 2013, 09:16
Any news on when the 360 patch is going to be released? I'm also stuck at the elevator in the Research Base.

MeaganMarie
17th Mar 2013, 16:01
We're hoping tomorrow! I'll update the patch thread as soon as it goes live!

TombRaider45
18th Mar 2013, 10:50
I downloaded PS3 patch and it worked !!! YEAH !!!
I just reloaded my save and the elevator was back to the 2nd floor. I could remove 3rd and 4th gears and passed to the next zone.
Thank you so much ! You saved my day.

Driber
18th Mar 2013, 11:00
I downloaded PS3 patch and it worked !!! YEAH !!!
I just reloaded my save and the elevator was back to the 2nd floor. I could remove 3rd and 4th gears and passed to the next zone.
Thank you so much ! You saved my day.

http://driber.net/os/hugh_laurie_blackadder_huzzah.jpg

Nice to hear it's fixed for you!

I'll just wait for a couple more confirmations from users before editing the thread title to "fixed" :)

Can anyone else confirm, please?

Nanabijou
18th Mar 2013, 11:56
Please don't change the name till the xbox version is fixed. Great to hear you guys are working so hard to fix this.

Driber
18th Mar 2013, 12:05
Please don't change the name till the xbox version is fixed. Great to hear you guys are working so hard to fix this.

Wasn't planning to; I wanted to hear back from folks on all affected platforms before marking the thread as fixed!

(Also, forum threads != dev bug report system ;))

Nanabijou
18th Mar 2013, 12:31
: >)

Eagleheart27
19th Mar 2013, 02:44
Just downloaded the update for the Xbox 360 version. It finally works! Hooray!!!! No more stupid glitch.

Driber
19th Mar 2013, 06:44
Great to hear, Eagleheart27!

So is it fixed for you now, Nanabijou? :)

Nanabijou
19th Mar 2013, 12:40
The update worked great, thanks guys and gals....

There are two games in the last couple years that came out of the blue and I would consider them to be the best games I have played (and I play a lot).. Then new Max Payne and you new Tomb Raider! Great Job...

PacificGuy
19th Mar 2013, 12:56
I downloaded the update to my 360 and it worked, I had left the base to kill time exploring other locations and when I returned after the update the elevator was in the correct position above the gate. Quickly solved the gear puzzle and moved on.

Thanks!

MeaganMarie
20th Mar 2013, 03:00
So great to hear guys! Glad this issue has been resolved. Thank you so much for your patience!

Ronbucks
14th Apr 2013, 19:26
Removed all four gears and elevator doesn't drop ? :mad2:

Crackerstacker
8th May 2013, 22:50
Anyone know how to fix the elevator death? I dropped the elevator all the way down and every time I try to drop/jump/crawl off the ledge to drop down I instantly die. I only get a couple hours a week to play and really don't want to restart the hole flippen game. Please help!!

gmabreu
22nd Aug 2013, 06:55
Hi Guys,

Recently got Tomb Raider, playing on PS3 and got into this glitch I tried all different options available on the Internet.
- Walking
- Jumping from a different level
- Hold myself down
- Travel to another level and back
- Restart from checkpoint

None of the above helped, I always die mid-air before I reach the floor (dropped lift). I spent a lot of time collecting the relics until here and I really don't want to have to start again so close to the end.

Ps. My PS3 has the latest patches and the game also.

Vegkebab
19th Nov 2014, 05:43
Removed all four gears and elevator doesn't drop ? :mad2:

This has happened to me, is there a fix? I just got an Xbox and downloaded the game. All gears have been removed, but Lara keeps mentioning the ladder when she is on the 3rd floor but the gear up there has been removed. Or possibly thre was not a gear there, I don't know, but it is definitely not there now.